Type keyword(s) to search

Mayans MC - General Discussion

• Start Topic

GREAT NEWS! MAYANS MC got renew for the fourth season next year. Next year will be up 14 episode, not 10 because it crazy pandemic scheduling.  So enjoy season finale on Tuesday Night at 10pm.

• Love 10

This is excellent news!  While the tone varies and can sometimes be heavier than I would like, I have to say, I look forward to this show a great deal.  I'm personally loving the touch that Elgin James has put on the show with full control, and think these actors are fantastic.  This show is better, IMO, than it has any right to be. 

Let's see what the finale brings (already!), but my wishlist is:  More brother scenes (b/c Clayton Cardenas and JD Pardo shine).  Better pacing.  Better integration of storylines.  More even storylines (I'm over Adelita and Miguel/Emily).  A little less darkness and a little more fun.

• Love 3

Yay for the renewal! 

I just got caught up on the last two episodes, and yikes it went dark. Poor Steve, that one hurt. And for his final words and presence to be right at EZ...have some extra PTSD, EZ. 

Caring less and less about Adelita and her child cult. 

Same with Emily. The last seasons she had a plot line, but she's barely left her rich prison so far this season. I am curious as to the next scenes between her and Galindo and what she remembers.

Poor Hank, with the loss of both Steve and Nails. He and his mom are so cute. "What's her name? Hammer? Wrench?" 

Oh EZ, you should have left the club and Santo Padre a long time ago. It's not happening now. I really liked Gaby these episodes...dropping some wisdom on EZ. I can understand her clinging to the good things in life with what she's been through. She needs to run fast and far though.

I can barely watch the Coco scenes. What a tragic story. 

I love the show but mixing a little more lightness in here and there would balance it a bit. Maybe next season when they have a few more episodes to play with. I can't believe it's the finale already!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Yay for the renewal! 

I just got caught up on the last two episodes, and yikes it went dark. Poor Steve, that one hurt. And for his final words and presence to be right at EZ...have some extra PTSD, EZ. 

Caring less and less about Adelita and her child cult. 

Same with Emily. The last seasons she had a plot line, but she's barely left her rich prison so far this season. I am curious as to the next scenes between her and Galindo and what she remembers.

Poor Hank, with the loss of both Steve and Nails. He and his mom are so cute. "What's her name? Hammer? Wrench?" 

Oh EZ, you should have left the club and Santo Padre a long time ago. It's not happening now. I really liked Gaby these episodes...dropping some wisdom on EZ. I can understand her clinging to the good things in life with what she's been through. She needs to run fast and far though.

I can barely watch the Coco scenes. What a tragic story. 

I love the show but mixing a little more lightness in here and there would balance it a bit. Maybe next season when they have a few more episodes to play with. I can't believe it's the finale already!

Yeah, we need Coco back in action, saying "My bad."  😀

• Love 1

Poor Hank.

I'm sorry the upcoming ep is the finale, I will miss it til S4. But some things did not click for me this week. Steve was doing his best Full Metal Jacket impersonation. I understand these guys aren't gonna engage in a heart-to-heart but Steve's unravelling was too obvious to miss. And Danny Pino did a great job with that scene on the bed, realizing he didn't want to kill his wife. But a calm OD/drowning seemed way out of character. He's always demanded confrontation, answers and punishment - even if he wanted to make Emily's death plausible it wasn't what Miquel would do. 

I'll try to keep my Gaby-related complaint brief: I have a real issue believing the lead character is so captivated by Mary Sue. She's super-wise and has been through hell but is shocked! by the fact her boyfriend who is part of a murderous MC couldn't control himself in an ice cream parlor? The scenes are terribly written and it completely takes me out of the show when they're together. 

spoilered for guesses that I have no actual knowledge about:

Spoiler

At some point during the last episode I had a feeling they were setting up Gaby to be the Mayans' Donna. No offense to the actress and I don't really like rooting for a character's death (unless it's Meth Manson) but I don't want them to give the character that much importance. I really need to get over how much I hate this storyline.

I really wish I knew where the show was going with Coco and Adelita. 

I am glad they're bringing up Marcus' SOA history. It doesn't really fit with the character we see now but Emilio Rivera can sell it, so I'm hoping he's still around for S4.

Because it can't be said enough? POOR HANK.

• Love 3
(edited)

What the fuck?

So Ibarra and his ridiculous mustache are dead, the rest of the Mayans are gunning for Bishop and Santo Padre, Galindo doesn't take the basic step of putting the wine glass in the sink and rinsing it out before Emily wakes up (if nothing else, you'd want to get a delicate wine glass away from where you might step on it), and EZ is out of the MC, then back in, then in the crosshairs of rampaging mob.

Alvarez and what's-his-face are either heading back to the MC or becoming independent guns for hire or something.

Potter may or may not be dead. One or more members of his family may or may not be dead (but at least one probably is).

Meth Manson may or may not be dead.

Manson Family 2.0 is gunning for Coco. Unless they aren't.

Taza's dead. Or maybe he isn't. Or maybe Bishop ate his gun. Or he shot it into the ceiling. Whatevs.

Felipe scatters his wife's ashes in Mexico for...some reason.

Thanks a lot for settling absolutely nothing, show. Cliffhangers can be effective when done properly, but you don't need to make literally every storyline into one. A season finale (especially one that might have been a series finale had FX not renewed the show) should wrap up at least some of the storylines, no?

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 6
(edited)

This was clearly a place holder season because of the pandemic because nothing was permanently settled. Frustratingly so.

Well, I hope Meth Manson is a goner with his blood spurting out of his neck like that.

For once I had an ounce of respect for Emily with deciding on the spot not to dump her problems on EZ when she realized he was leaving with Gaby.  And then actually leaving Galindo.  Galindo is all alone for now. He of course deserves so much worse.

If there was ever much doubt I think this season solidified that EZ is never going to leave this show alive.

Edited by magdalene
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, magdalene said:

For once I had an ounce of respect for Emily with deciding on the spot not to dump her problems on EZ when she realized he was leaving with Gaby.  And then actually leaving Galindo.  Galindo is all alone for now. He of course deserves so much worse.

If there was ever much doubt I think this season solidified that EZ is never going this show alive.

YES!!  Not a big Emily fan, but when shit hits the fan, she's no shrinking violet.  EZ is a goner.  That was probably decided before the show even aired :(  There will be no happy endings here.

Potter is alive and well and speaking his terrible American-accented Spanish, alive for now, anyway.  If Adelita has any sense, she'll realize her baby really is alive and want to, demand to get him back.  Before she goes all brutal on Potter or his family, if they're still both alive to begin with.

As a non-Emily fan, I say:  Yay!  You go, girl!  I like how she realized that EZ should go with his girlfriend and didn't tell what happened with Miguel trying to kill her, and left.

Miguel is out in the cold now!

I'm glad Felipe is still alive and that his little talk with Gaby talked sense into her.  Bye Mary Sue!  Good luck in Lodi Nursing School.

I don't think EZ staying with the Mayans after all means he'll get killed off next season.

Remember, we all thought Coco was a goner and couldn't come back from the brink.  Meth Manson is dead, I hope, with Hope gone from his Spahn Ranch setup.  Yay Gilly!

Every loose end was left loose.  I can't wait for next season!

• Love 3

Yes, Meth Manson is hopefully dead.

And Coco isn't dead. And thank goodness Letty came and screamed some sense into Gilly.

Good for Emily for growing some balls.

Good for the nurse getting the fuck out.

Taza Dead? The other Mayans about to break in? Nestor and Alvarez just chilling? Potter family? Adelita not killing Potter? 

Season 5 needs to hurry up. Just like Yellowstone too many fucking questions need answered 

I already know Adelita will show up with kid right when Nails and Angel will be at the alter. So come on bring it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, magdalene said:

This was clearly a place holder season because of the pandemic because nothing was permanently settled. Frustratingly so.

Well, I hope Meth Manson is a goner with his blood spurting out of his neck like that.

While I found many of the episodes pretty compelling to watch this season (including the finale) I was pretty disappointed with how they ending things last night. And some things did feel tacked-on due to the pandemic, like Potter's reappearance. So Adelita took them at her word that her baby was dead? OK. 

As problematic as Emily is her character works when she's somewhat in the mix with EZ. I liked Sarah Bolger a lot in that scene. 

I have to make an eye appointment bc I didn't even realize it was Canche who shot Beard Braids. 

All my S3 guesses have been wrong but that won't stop me from making my first S4 prediction: pregnant Gaby.

I feel some shades of Jax Teller with where EZ is now. I don't see him finishing the series alive. This idea that he is full of something dangerous like his father will be his Shakespearean fate, IMO. One of my favorite TV characters of all time is Dean Winchester, and as a fan, I always knew his end had to be in the midst of action bc even if he was more (and he was), he was committed to this thing. EZ feels similar.

That said, even though he was a prick about it, Pops wasn't wrong. Gaby is certainly safer far away from EZ. Girl, bye. Go be safer and sane in Lodi. 

I loved the conversation between the brothers on the stairs. For all his gruff and poor coping, I have always contended that Angel's heart was good. I really enjoyed their discussion. Those actors bring out the best in each other. 

So glad Gilly went all Rambo and got Coco out. Annoyed that he brought Hope with them. Whatever, Martha. 

I actually really appreciated Emily this episode! Her convo with EZ felt like a proper end to their weird relationship, and I'm glad she left Galindo. Be alone, you bitch ass motherfucker. 

I know Taza fucked up from killing Riz onwards, but I just want to support his bravery in coming out to Bish even though that isn't part of their motorcycle culture. I hope Taza isn't shot and that they find a way past this. The actor who plays Taza is fab. 

Tacking on the FBI dude and Adelita believing him and all of that felt unnecessary. I am good with never seeing Adelita again even though the actress is good. 

Good to see Alvarez taking a stand. Nestor, get your shit together. Mikey left you to run. 

At the end, EZ vs a ton of angry bikers and no one else coming made no sense to me. It felt really indicative of a weird season they had go work around the Rona. Hopefully, 4 gets us something a bit more cohesive. That said, I wasn't mad about this season. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

Taza is my favorite, so, I hope he’s not dead. I’ll be bummed. 

Coco and Taza are my favorites.  I read somewhere (here? Reddit?) that Bishop would have had to have a vote on killing Taza; you don't just kill a patched-in brother member of your M.C. on your own.  Violation of the laws or rules have to be dealt with via trial, or in the case of M.C.'s, at the table, templo, church, whatever they call it.  I'm hoping it's a fake out gunshot we heard because I like both Taza and Bishop.

Happy to hear about the renewal, especially with this season basically ending on about thirty different cliffhangers. So much going down in just one episode, so much set up for next season. I hope that this really is the end of Meth Manson and the rest of Meth Mountain, I am so not going to miss them and their terrible jamboree sessions. This season in general was very subplot heavy, with tons of characters in totally different plots hardly interacting with each other, so next season I am hoping to keep more of a consistent major story, but I still really liked the season and I am happy we are getting more. I really like this show, the atmosphere is great as is the acting, and I enjoy the bits of humor they slip in to break up the dark stories. 

It sucks for EZ that Gabby left, but I'm glad for her. She just needs to cut herself off from that life if that isn't what she wants. I can see why he's not thrilled with his dad, and obviously he wasn't really going to go off with her, he probably needs to be around the club if he's the main character, but ouch. It did lead to some nice stuff between him and Angel, even though I don't think things will be as storybook with him, Nails, and their baby as he wants it to be. He's still hung up on Adelita obviously. 

I am glad that Emily left. I don't much care for her, but Miguel has totally lost it and she and her kid should not be anywhere near him. I can also respect the drama of sending him her wedding rings and the leftover murder pills. 

Taza has really fucked things up, but I am impressed that he came clean about everything. 

• Love 2

100% Taza is not dead for the sole reason that on a show like this unless you actually see a character die on screen, and see their dead body, they are never dead. It is always misdirection.

• Love 4

Adelita and the bloody knife is probably misdirection too.  Remember the girlfriend/wife was seen cutting up a big chunk of raw meat.  Adelita wants Potter to think the worst. And that rat bastard deserves to believe the worst.

• Love 5

Adelita was all bloody when she confronted FBI lady at the restaurant so I didn’t necessarily think she did anything to Potters family. Plus, not that her word counts for anything, but she did tell him she wouldn’t leave a child fatherless. I still don’t know why she and even the FBI lady thought the baby was dead. We saw him at the end of last season. Likely he is in foster care or somewhere Potter can keep track of him. Unfortunately this is probably a case where he is better off without his bio parents in his life. Adelita can miss me with all her outrage. She’s a killer herself, and trains children to kill. Angel, I really like him and he has a good heart. He’s definitely the more sensitive brother, but his life isn’t exactly conducive for children. I like Nails and that Angel is trying to make a go of it with her, but it’s probably doomed as well. 

Thank God someone finally got through to Gabi. She didn’t go through hell trying to get back to her family (I guess they crossed the border before her for some reason?) only to get sucked into a criminal gang. I only wish she would take Letty with her. 

I’m glad Nestor decided to side with Alvarez. Were he and Miguel childhood friends?  He said Miguel was his family. That’s gotta be a tough thing to let go of. I’m glad Miguel ended up alone in the end. That was pretty awesome of Emily leaving her wedding rings and a handful of pills. I hope he chokes on them. 

• Love 2
(edited)

This definitely felt more like a mid-season finale, than the actual season finale, but still a good episode.

I like Gabby, and am glad she left, but since we saw her in the car tearing up, I don't think we've seen the last of her. She needs to stay far, far away, and be the anti-Tara. 

I am really liking the take of this series, with the brother with the potentially brighter future, being the one who is now fitting the easiest into the Mayans life. It's tragic, but interesting. EZ and his smarts, had he not made that one fateful decision, could have left Santo Padre and had a life with potential. But now he's the brother who's able to kill, and is apparently the most like Felipe, while Angel has the emotion and heart of their mother (though he can kill as well, if needed). 

His story won't end well, or he'll end up full on running the club by the end of the series, his life completely enmeshed with the Mayans.

I really dislike Adelita at this point, mainly because of her cult of children, but she has been so traumatized, both as a child, and by Potter. I felt for her with Potter at the end, but I really hope his family is OK. We don't know his wife / gf, but the child certainly doesn't deserve to pay for Potter's actions. As menacing as Potter is, I find the actor entertaining to watch. 

I hated Taza for killing Riz, but I love the backstory they've given him. The scene with Bishop...wow.

Thank you Gilly, for rambo-ing your way through Meth Mountain and saving Coco. I really am curious as to what Coco will do next year. His bridges are burned.

Seeing Alvarez turn on Galindo was incredibly satisfying. His scenes with his wife were also touching, and he at least possesses some self-awareness of what he's done in his life.

Can't wait for a longer season next year!

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 3

Has anyone watched Season 4 Episode 1 yet?  I watch on Hulu and have to wait until it drops tomorrow.  Do we know if the entire season (or part of) is available at once or is it going to be week to week?

I can't wait!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Has anyone watched Season 4 Episode 1 yet?  I watch on Hulu and have to wait until it drops tomorrow.  Do we know if the entire season (or part of) is available at once or is it going to be week to week?

I can't wait!

I have, but I guess no one else has! I should've re-watched the finale from last season just to remind me what was going on.

• Love 4

I watched the first 2 episodes on Hulu. I'm pretty sure they'll be released week to week. 

The first episode was intense! I feared for all of them. My heart broke for poor Hank when he called his mom. I did think for a second they killed Angel when I heard that gunshot. I'm so glad he survived, Angel is one of my faves. And then when Padrino showed up and yelled at all of them. Great first episode. 

Sally is adorable.

Did Miguel die last season? I honestly can't remember.

• Love 4

I think Miguel was last seen leaving on the helicopter (alone? with Nestor?), after Emily realized what he had done to her, and she took off? I honestly don't remember if we saw him after that. I can't say I missed them.

I've only seen the first episode of the new season, and it was pretty intense. 

Where were the guns and ammo that were stored in the clubhouse? 

I wasn't impressed with Bishop. They were in an pretty unwinnable situation, but he seemed to just shut down. 

Hank was heartbreaking, trying to care for his sweet mom.

Angel and Nails will not have a happy ending, but they were fairly sweet in this episode. And the one helpful bartender was pretty badass.

Alvarez showing up like a boss.

ETA: reading comments elsewhere, sounds like the guns were in the van to rescue Coco, but that seemed like a lot for one rescue mission. Seems like they should have had another gun stash somewhere.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 4

Is Galindo no longer on he show? I can't remember much of what happened last season, it seems so long ago.

Some people are not made for contentment and EZ' brother is one of those.

EZ' new dog better not die!  I don't care how brutal this show is - the dog better be alive and well by the end of this season.

(I am one of those - don't give a damn about the human body count in fiction but harm an animal and I lose it).

• Love 7

Someone remind me why EZ is mad at Pops.

Bishop really fucked shit up and continues to be bitter.

I had forgotten about the SOA being killed by accident. 

I don't care about Emily. The less of her the better.

What's her name will show up just in time when Angel is happy. 

I hope Sally comes around and everyone loves on her.

While I don't agree with what Taza did, it's still not cool to shun him since Bishop has done his own shit too.

This season looks good.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, toodywoody said:

Someone remind me why EZ is mad at Pops.

Was it because he told the girlfriend to split without EZ because he didn’t want her dragged down by the MC lifestyle?

• Love 1

Great first ep of the season! Watched last night and I was really impressed with the incredible intensity of the ongoing fire fight at the clubhouse compound. Hope I can see the second episode tonight...

• Love 1

I can’t remember, did EZ kill Happy a while back when they went to his house or did he let him live? I couldn’t tell if the SOA members were talking about him like he was missing or not. Was it his jacket that was in the barrel?

• Love 1

Finally watched episode 2...why did they have to introduce the adorable Sally? I'll be more stressed about her fate than any other character, lol.

Either she'll save EZ in some dramatic fashion, or losing her will push EZ farther, John Wick-style. 

I'll root for her to get a happy ending somewhere though.

• Love 4

Absolutely loving the new season through ep 2 so far...though already stressed for the fate of EZ's new dog...shows what I worry about! The super violence and unrelenting action of the first ep and then this interesting meditative ep with a lot of silence was a great choice, on whom ever's part - kudos.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Finally watched episode 2...why did they have to introduce the adorable Sally? I'll be more stressed about her fate than any other character, lol.

Either she'll save EZ in some dramatic fashion, or losing her will push EZ farther, John Wick-style. 

I'll root for her to get a happy ending somewhere though.

Introducing Sally ensured that I won't be watching any episode of Mayans until I read the recap first.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I know this is just my fault for getting distracted at some point, but who was the guy they were taking on the night trip with the kid? And why would his death cause big trouble for the club? 

1 hour ago, SHD said:

I know this is just my fault for getting distracted at some point, but who was the guy they were taking on the night trip with the kid? And why would his death cause big trouble for the club? 

He was El Banquero's (sp?) accountant, who was on the run and knew where all the money was.

What confused me is the show seemed to imply Randall was a pedophile early on, but EZ and co. either didn't care or weren't catching on. The former seems unlikely especially since Angel shot him without pause (didn't even see him draw or point his gun); the latter more likely bc these characters seem to be written with inconsistent degrees of intelligence.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

What confused me is the show seemed to imply Randall was a pedophile early on, but EZ and co. either didn't care or weren't catching on. The former seems unlikely especially since Angel shot him without pause (didn't even see him draw or point his gun); the latter more likely bc these characters seem to be written with inconsistent degrees of intelligence.

Oh I believe they weren't catching on and thought he was the boy's father.  They wouldn't have been that friendly towards him otherwise. I got pedo  vibes right away because sadly one has to be suspicious when seeing an adult male be that "touchy" with a boy that age.

Thanks to Angel's hair trigger that pig won't rape another boy but they will be in big trouble because he was a money guy.

• Love 5

I cant be mad that Angel shot that piece of shit, but it does mean even more problems for the guys now that they shot the money guy they were supposed to be transporting. I caught a weird vibe quickly with that creep, although the guys seemed to think he was the kids father and the kid was just nervous about the situation, hence all of the parenting talk. 

I have a new favorite character! Sally is such a good girl, she had better make it out of this alright or we riot. 

A lot of good EZ and Angel content this season, I feel like they were so off doing their own things last season they hardly talked. Enjoying the season so far, even if I find some of the innerworkings of the club and who's pissed at who to be a bit confusing.

• Love 3

Coco is kinda right. Don't be a selfish fuck. As much as I love Angel and think Nails is ugly, sorry, he was all in his own little world about baby and baby momma to even see what was going on.

I still don't give a shit about Emily. Or Angel's other baby momma. 

And I don't give a shit about Igancio and his shit. I know it's all tied to the Mayans but come on.  

Damn Alvarez making EZ the Vice. I'm sick of Bishop's shit with Taza. That doesn't change Taza at all.

Hank, I love you. He's my favorite 

Poor Nestor, I thought he cut his hair until I saw his bun in the back.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

Was that Adelita following that guy?  If not, who is she?  And who is he?

Yes, that's Adelita.  She's been staking him out, making notes in her notebook, for some time and sleeps in her Volvo while doing so.  The man is a lawyer who she followed from his law office to home.  The baby crying as he enters his house is probably Adelita's missing son.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I had completely forgotten that Miguel drugged and tried to drown Emily in the bathtub so I'm glad that was shown in the previously on. 

Bishop needs a chill pill. 

I'm waiting for the moment that Adelita shows up at Angel's doorstep with their baby and a pregnant Nails answers the door.

I just want to give Hank a big hug, he looks so lost.

15 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I cant be mad that Angel shot that piece of shit, but it does mean even more problems for the guys now that they shot the money guy they were supposed to be transporting. I caught a weird vibe quickly with that creep, although the guys seemed to think he was the kids father and the kid was just nervous about the situation, hence all of the parenting talk. 

I have a new favorite character! Sally is such a good girl, she had better make it out of this alright or we riot. 

A lot of good EZ and Angel content this season, I feel like they were so off doing their own things last season they hardly talked. Enjoying the season so far, even if I find some of the innerworkings of the club and who's pissed at who to be a bit confusing.

Yeah the guy never actually confirmed that the kid was his son so I got weird vibes from that as well. I think the guys seemed more concerned about his luggage and the fact that he brought the kid that they didn't really focus on what was going on.

Sally is adorbs. How long before EZ and that girl at the shelter hook up?

I'm also loving the EZ/Angel content and I'm liking Manny as well. He fits in good with them. Loved EZ and Angel looking at each other when he mentioned Happy.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Thanks.  The show was gone for so long and the season finale leaned so hard toward total destruction that I had forgotten almost all of the characters.

I know, gone nearly a year!  There's two sides working together (or against) like Law & Order:  The motorcycle club and the cartel side of things.

On 4/27/2022 at 11:35 AM, chick binewski said:

Well I had no idea either until they caught him. I just thought the boy was his son. I didn’t know why he needed to take his son with him through the desert but then I wasn’t really clear on why they were transporting him either. So it was as much a shock to me as it was to Angel.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

Well I had no idea either until they caught him. I just thought the boy was his son. I didn’t know why he needed to take his son with him through the desert but then I wasn’t really clear on why they were transporting him either. So it was as much a shock to me as it was to Angel.

I missed the signs too.  I just thought they were introducing another "quirky" civilian (meaning non-motorcycle club member) white character, a la Chucky.  It made sense that the little boy wouldn't want to go to Mexico, especially in this manner.  I know psychological and emotional trauma has been done to the boy, but I hope Angel shot the bastard before he actually physically raped the boy.

So let's throw a half dozen new plots in just to thicken the stew.  Galindo's alive in Mexico, but apparently still doesn't know how to make friends.  Who is Tomas?  He keeps calling Galindo (Martin?) Papa.  Jess is spying on the Mayans for the SOA, and now there's a war coming.  El Banquero is not happy.  EZ wants an inter-chapter coup.  Felipe is leaving, or at least moving somewhere.  Coco has a new assignment.  

• Love 1