Type keyword(s) to search

Giuliana And Bill - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I would KILL to be that thin. Seriously, who do I have to kill? 

Even when I was a wispy 99 pounds at age 20 I still had "problem areas." Now those problem areas are known as "me." To be able to put on a designer dress? Would be heaven.

I'm glad you're not, because being that thin could kill you. And Guiliana.

• Love 4
(edited)

Yuck. It's so blond, it's almost white. Plus, I don't think super straight hair in a blunt cut does anything for her.

I liked when she first cut her very long hair (extensions) and went with a shoulder length cut with a bit of curl, plus a better color on her:

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/oscars_2013_es_giuliana_rancic_brings_a_new_look-2013-02

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/02/25/giuliana-rancic-academy-awards-hair-makeup-2013-oscars-picture/

ypHskfo.jpg

I don't think that lasted long, though did it? She then went to the straight, angular bob, which I'm not a fan of. She looks so much better in something softer, in both color and cut.

ETA:  She mentioned in that clip how she's shocked every time she passes a mirror. I wonder how her son reacted, because I think most kids that age don't like a drastic change like that with mom's hair.

Edited by LuckyBitch
(edited)

Sorry, sweetie. That particular color ultimately only works on the teeny-tiny number of people born that way.

Using it on a real-life brunette who is so spray-tanned she glows in the dark is downright terrifying.

P.S. Stop talking like a 12-year-old. Real 12-year-olds are pissed and ready to punch you. Me, too.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Oohhh new game!  Crop the change in 'do and figure out what plastic fixes she had done the hair is to deflect your attention from.  I'm guessing its the insane amount of filler in her cheeks causing people to greet them five minutes before they know who they belong to.

I'm wondering if she will interview Nicole Ritchie on E news for Ritchie's new reality show effort?  Talk about a gruesome twosome.  Wasn't Ritchie on Fashion Police as a guest in the not too distant past?  Maybe seeing the other prompted both to run home and have a purge off.  I have to think having such body image issues triggers more strongly when you look at another stick and see competition in a thin off.  Maybe if you locked them into a stocked kitchen for five days you'd go in and both would simply have disappeared like in Disney's the Little Mermaid and Sea Witch Ursula's garden of garnered souls.

• Love 1

I dunno. Ritchie actually supposedly got treated for her weight issues (yeah, I know we never know for sure, do we?).  Guiliana looks more like she's in the midst of hers.  

I'd also say it takes far more to disrupt a 5 foot 9 frame and make it look like a skeleton than a 5 foot one.  Not that "beanpole" and "pixie" aren't both real physical types, but it takes a lot more for the tall girl to look as weird as Guiliana does.

(edited)

In reference to most of the photos being of Bill holding Duke rather than Guliana - I will just say that in my baby photo albums, almost every picture is of my dad holding me, rather than my narcissistic mother holding me. I found it telling as an adult, and a confirmation of what I felt as a child.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 5

Just no to the blonde. Not a good look on her, especially with that spray tan or whatever made her skin that orangey-brown. On a more positive note, she looks beautiful in the photo posted above of her with the brown wavy hair--she should go back to that look.  And seriously, have an ice cream cone or two this summer G, you can afford it. 

• Love 1

I was watching TV with a friend a few days ago and G came on in some sort of commercial looking as scary as ever.

He's never heard of her and his reaction was "Wow, what's wrong with her?"

I said "Exactly!"

Enough said :-)

• Love 1
(edited)

In terms of her weight, apparently G thinks the public are a bunch of mean meanies who are mean about hers.

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2010/03/08/giuliana-bill-giuliana-rancic-is-insecure-about-her-weight/

Oh, apparently she was once on "Are you smarter than a 5th grader".  What I can't find is any information on whether or not she was.  Anyone actually SEE that?  EDIT - OK, a bit more Google Fu found not a clip, but a transcript (who the hell took the time to do THAT?) which reveals that G is in fact NOT smarter than a 5th grader.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

By Bob Goldsborough Special to the Tribune

11:32 a.m. CDT, July 30, 2014

Work is continuing on the renovation of the three-story Gold Coast mansion that first-season “Apprentice” winner and Chicago-area native Bill Rancic and his wife, E! News co-host Giuliana Rancic, bought last year for $2.125 million.

And the reality star’s publicist says Rancic and his wife, who now star in the reality show “Giuliana and Bill,” plan to move from their Los Angeles base to the mansion next year.

Contractors were seen at work this past week on the renovation of the 4,600-square-foot mansion, which the couple bought in March 2013 through a land trust. Built in 1866, the four-bedroom home has high ceilings, three wood-burning fireplaces and an attached, two-car garage, all on a 22-foot-wide lot.

Over the past dozen or so years, Bill Rancic has owned at least seven other Chicago-area residential properties, some of which he has occupied and some of which have simply been real estate investments. However, the couple, who currently reside in Los Angeles’ Brentwood neighborhood, plan to make the pre-Chicago Fire Victorian mansion on the Gold Coast their permanent home.

“They’re planning to move to the Midwest next summer,” said Rancic’s publicist, Kathleen Henson. “They plan to live in this home – that is their goal. They’re very rooted in Chicago, where Bill grew up. He likes the neighborhood.”

Just a few doors down from their current Chicago home is a mansion Rancic bought for $1.5 million in 2007 and sold in 2009 for $3.595 million. The couple are also owners of RPM Italian in River North.

Why leave Los Angeles? Henson said the decision came down to the Rancics’ nearly two-year-old son, Duke. With the couple planning to enroll him in preschool in the fall of 2015, they committed to Chicago, she said.

“They made a decision on where they want to raise their children and it was here,” Henson said.

• Love 1

If true?  Means Bill's agent told him not only is Food Network not picking up his show for a second run but all his other calls to get Bill a STAR gig have been unreturned and the agent wants Bill to stop calling him

The only thing I do get from this is that Bill has a property he wants attention drawn to.  Which seems odd because if you are wanting to move to Chicago to raise your child because you think it is a better environment than L.A. why on earth would a good parent even consider pointing out where you are living?  How about a Craigslist ad while you are at it famewhore telling all windowless vans to pull up at the rear.

These two are both so phony that I find the more they declare they are moving to Chicago the more I believe they will live and die in L.A.

My guess is that 1. someone crunched some local numbers vis-a-vis their presence in Chicago as "local celebs" and figured they had to make their presence known in the press -- maybe their restaurant needs a boost? 2.Bill wants to sell the house before next year --  press release garners attention and hopefully an offer he can retcon into being something he could not refuse because it was for 'Duke's Ultimate Future financially'.

Considering how hard they are pimping themselves as front people for things that have no bearing on their public personas (seriously, a furniture hires two vapid twits who have based pretty much all their televised careers on not being able to find a home they can commit to-- why they didn't make it a slight joke about always moving and people buying their homes and loving the decor so much they buy it, leaving Blip and Blop constantly in need of home furnishing).  And now Chase?  Really?  Because even with Rancic's Apprentice 'Win' I don't see him anywhere even remotely deemed as someone who I would trust to lend me a nickel let alone where to store it.

• Love 4

Photos today in the Daily Mail about G's surprise 40th birthday weekend trip to Chicago with her peeps.  I bet when she was blindfolded and put on a plane she probably expected that they would be flying somewhere a little bit more exotic than back to Chicago.  Anyway, Bill managed to thoughtfully work her two favorite accessories into the party theme: one, a Chanel handbag cake and Chanel insignia cakepops and two, a framed photo/reminder of that Duke kid, who doesn't look like he scored an invitation to the birthday weekend. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2720514/Giuliana-Rancics-40th-birthday-celebrations-start-early-husband-Bill-invites-pals-surprise-party-private-jet.html

• Love 1

That photo of the cake is so strange! To bring a framed photo of the kid and place it next to the cake before taking a pic to tweet? WTF?? Is this so she doesn't forget who she left home with a nanny for the weekend so she can party?

I'm so tired of these self-centered people who think the world revolves around them. I wonder how many of those friends would be there without the private jet, sushi, and champagne.

• Love 2

I'm so tired of these self-centered people who think the world revolves around them. I wonder how many of those friends would be there without the private jet, sushi, and champagne.

Notice that she gives a shout-out (or twitter's equivalent) to not just her friend, but to whoever baked the cake. That makes it seem much less a personal thanks than a business-related thumbs up. 

• Love 1

I really don't understand E!'s fascination with toddlers birthdays. A month ago it was North West's birthday and this weekend it was Duke's second birthday. Both birthdays had an article on E!'s website plus a story on E! News. Really does anybody really care that Duke got to do all of his favorite things in Chicago? He's two for cripes sake. It's all such shameless exploitation. I would think good parents would want to protect their children from the media and not encourage it. Watch out in a few years this kid is going to confuse notoriety with celebrity and end up like Will Smith's kids partying (accompanied by bad behavior including under age drinking and drugs) for media attention.

Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard have the right idea about protecting their children from the paparazzi. The worst part is that Guliana and Bill are dying for the press to hound them and their son. It's sad IMO.

• Love 1

I really don't understand E!'s fascination with toddlers birthdays. A month ago it was North West's birthday and this weekend it was Duke's second birthday. Both birthdays had an article on E!'s website plus a story on E! News. Really does anybody really care that Duke got to do all of his favorite things in Chicago? He's two for cripes sake. It's all such shameless exploitation. I would think good parents would want to protect their children from the media and not encourage it. Watch out in a few years this kid is going to confuse notoriety with celebrity and end up like Will Smith's kids partying (accompanied by bad behavior including under age drinking and drugs) for media attention.

I blame Suri Cruise! (okay, I actually blame Tom and his Scientology puppet masters)

This doesn't belong here, it's Guiliana on ENews. But Terence Jenkins asked Jason Kennedy "how fast he was going to have some babies". G says "I would like to know", joking that she was told she would be a godmother.

But Guiliana didn't drop it. She told Terence "we have to place bets here. I predict Jason & Lauren, I think it's going to happen pretty quickly. I predict it will happen in the first 2 years of marriage".

She has been through years of infertility treatments. I cannot believe how insensitive this is. How would she feel if someone had said that to her before she got married? She knows better after what she went through that getting pregnant doesn't always come easy or quickly.

• Love 3

I'm surprised that no one has commented here on the how Guiliana looks.  I saw a picture of her at the Grammy's last night and my god, she looks like an alien.  She has to have some sort of eating disorder.  Why wouldn't E, Bill or her family say something to the woman.  She definitely does not look healthy. 

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:06 AM, KWalkerInc said:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2018/06/15/giuliana-rancic-returns-as-co-host-of-e-news-beginning-september-4th-336414/20180615e01/

I thought that Giuliana didn't want to be in Los Angeles on a regular basis.  Or maybe they'll let her host via satellite from her living room in Chicago?  Ugh.  I haven't even watched anything on E! for years, but it just annoys me when she gets lots of attention.

Thank you for posting this!  I'll occasionally watch E! News and was very surprised when I caught her return.  I could've sworn there was an E! News forum but for the life of me, I can't find it.  I've been very curious to see the feedback.  The show was struggling with this rotating crop of absolutely unremarkable female hosts.  I was always left wondering how in the world that was the best they could come up with.  But bringing G back never crossed my mind.  BTW, she looked absolutely terrible.  Whoever did her hair obviously chose Crisco as their main styling product.