Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ElectricBoogaloo

S05.E12: Lizability

I just finished binge-watching this. This is a really fun show, but I think next season should be the last one. The story has run its course. I want Liza to end up with Charles, because I think it's more realistic, and I think they're far more compatible than she and Josh are. I think they have really good chemistry, but based on many of the comments here I may be in the minority on that. I wasn't sure what to make of that last scene with them. I suppose there has to be some conflict in S6, but now that all the obstacles have been removed for them it will be hard for the writers to not make it seem contrived.

I am fine with Claire being in S6, as long as we don't have to see Pauline. I think Jennifer Westfeldt is a terrible actress and every time she shows up I'm distracted by how bad she is. She seems to act with her voice and nothing else.

I also think it was asinine to name Kelsey as the publisher. She's got good instincts, but she's way too immature. She is a party girl who sleeps with all of her male authors. It was a pattern established in S1 with the Swedish guy, although she did demonstrate a little maturity and awareness with the douchey speechwriter guy in recognizing it. It would have made much more sense to give that job to Diana. 

And speaking of Diana, I loved the corny rom-com moment with her and Enzo. I think he's really good for her. Some people have compared them to Miranda and Steve on SatC, but the remind me more of Charlotte and Harry, who were my favorite couple.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2018 at 9:52 PM, ShellSeeker said:

I want Liza to end up with Charles, because I think it's more realistic, and I think they're far more compatible than she and Josh are. I think they have really good chemistry, but based on many of the comments here I may be in the minority on that.

You're not alone in that thought. I've been on the Charles and Liza bandwagon from the beginning. I think Josh makes a good friend for her but I just don't feel the same chemistry from them that I do with Charles.

I hope they let Charles and Liza have some fun and enjoy each other next season. If they come up with new reasons to keep them apart, it'll be so contrived. I feel like the next season is their last so I don't want them artificially kept apart all season just to finally see them happy in the final episode.

And I agree with you about Kelsey. Far too immature to have the promotion that she got. I know it's just a TV show, but she's gotta realize that sleeping with everyone is bad business and creates conflicts of interest.

• Like 3

This is one of the few shows I watch as just "me time" since I live in a house full of men/boys.  I agree on the Liza/Charles vibe.  I think that in the end, they are in similar life stages, have kids, understand the same pop references... all the kinds of things that makes a better relationship.  Josh is sexy but the conflict of him wanting a baby is just the tip of the iceberg.  I do wonder how the Liza/Charles relationship will change when she gets to more "take charge" at work vs just an ingénue.  Can she just state her age now? If I were Diana I'd be going someplace else... this is total bullshit. 

• Like 2

And this shows the weakness of the show, that there was no one with more experience than Kelsey, in her late 20s, to become the new Editor.  A company like Empiracle should have had at least one other editor under Charles that he could put in place as the head Editor, even if Millenial was going to be the 'flagship' publisher.  I can't imagine someone wanting to invest in the company with Kelsey as the Editor, Charles should have some idea of her weaknesses.

And really, Liza shouldn't have still been Diana's assistant for a long time.  the company could afford to hire another assistant for minimum wage.

I totally kept expecting Liza to go into Diana's office to tell her the truth.  Really, everyone else knows at this time, Diana needs to know.  If that article really is coming out, then Charles needs to tell Liza and she needs to tell Diana.  Its rude for Diana to find out through the news, or a reporter.