Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Back To Reality

• Start Topic

On 8/24/2018 at 12:07 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

No, not the same, because a 75 becomes a "C" (a/k/a "average") on a scale of 1-100 only in the context of grades like those given in school, and is an arbitrary number to define what is considered passing. 

So take away the "grades in school" context, and on a scale of 1-10, a 5 would be average or in the middle.  On a scale of 1-100, a 50 would be average or in the middle.

Think of it this way--if a person had to score something on a scale of 1-50, I bet 25 would be considered average because it's obviously in the middle.  People wouldn't do the math and come up with 37.5 as "average," but that's what "average" is if 75 is average on a scale of 1-100.

And Dave did say he thought he gave her a good score, which tells me he wasn't using the "grades in school" convention where 70 is a "C" or average. 

In other news, do women really want to be lied to?  Amber and Dave have already had conflicts--if he rated her a 10, she'd have to know he's lying.  How in the world would that make her feel better?  And not only would she know he's lying, she'd have to sit there and think of all the deductions he should have taken to come up with a more realistic score, and it wasn't her job to do that.

My point was that 75/100 = 7.5/10. Do the math.

• Love 5

IMHO, the only thing that truly matters here is that Amber was bothered by it, because it's the rating that her husband gave her. It doesn't really matter how anyone else sees it, or even how Dave feels about it. She's upset and bothered by it, it stoked the fires of her insecurities, and he doesn't seem to care. That's a huge problem. He's never apologized that he hurt her feelings because I suspect that he doesn't care about them at all. YMMV.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

My point was that 75/100 = 7.5/10. Do the math.

What you said was:

75/100 = 7.5/10. Same C

That "Same C" is more than just doing the math.  Instead, it's illustrative of the two different contexts that may be at work here--one where the "score" is average (how you see it), and one where the same "score" is in the top 25% (how I see it).

57 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

IMHO, the only thing that truly matters here is that Amber was bothered by it, because it's the rating that her husband gave her. It doesn't really matter how anyone else sees it, or even how Dave feels about it.

I think it does matter how Dave felt about it, if they were looking at the score in the two different contexts and there's a misunderstanding that the core of it.  But to get to the bottom of that would take communication between the two of them, and I'm not seeing a whole lot of that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

He's never apologized that he hurt her feelings because I suspect that he doesn't care about them at all. YMMV.

But hurting someone's feelings is not the same as having done something wrong.  I could end up hurting someone's feelings by politely saying that I disagree with them, if they are the type that needs to be right all the time.  That is not something that I would need to apologize for.   Likewise I could tell someone that I really liked the dessert they made, but they get their feelings hurt because everyone else tells them that they love their desserts.  Just because Amber's feelings are hurt by something Dave did, does not mean he automatically needs to apologize.  But for the sake of their marriage, it should be something they communicate openly about, and that is not happening.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

That "Same C" is more than just doing the math.  Instead, it's illustrative of the two different contexts that may be at work here--one where the "score" is average (how you see it), and one where the same "score" is in the top 25% (how I see it).

I think it does matter how Dave felt about it, if they were looking at the score in the two different contexts and there's a misunderstanding that the core of it.  But to get to the bottom of that would take communication between the two of them, and I'm not seeing a whole lot of that.

You're right.

However, there's another 'context' that really matters --since these 3 couples will inevitably be meeting up with each other again. It matters  who got the lowest score among the three women, because whoever got the lowest, is presumed to be the new wife whose new husband is least pleased with her and the wife most likely to find herself divorced when the 'experiment' ends.

(To Amber, that means social humiliation -- and being "judged" by watchers like us.)

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 4

I still like Dave, he seems to be the most normal.  Amber ASKED him what score he gave.  He told her he thought it was a good score with room for improvement.  They have known each other 3 weeks.  i hope i got better with time. 

Amber is a brunette.  He said his fantasy is a brunette.  Dont we all have a special celebrity we have liked or admired.  doesnt mean its real   I wonder who her fantasy person is.  Did she say

And is she still shopping and laying around eating and drinking?

If I was Bobby, i would be getting mad.  He is fixing er breakfast, packing her lunch.  Taking out the pets, feeding them and probably cleaning up after the puppy.  She goes to work , so does he.  Of course with a long commute it makes it more difficult.  He cooks dinner most of the time.  Has she stopped shopping and spending money.  I realize alot of her debt was from traveling, but you have to pay that stuff off.  Has she started trying to pay it off 

(edited)

Danielle loves Bobby.

The housework isn't much more than what he did before he got married.

The 15K is considerable but they can chip away at the debt together...it is a good thing to have a common goal....

Danielle makes his life better than ever...

Bobby is smitten, infatuated, thunderstruck in love....He is madly in love....the opposite of mad.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 9
On 8/25/2018 at 10:46 PM, Blissfool said:

Hmmmm....its like Dave says things he knows will offend/hurt Amber. He doesn't sugarcoat or coddle or tell little white lies to spare her feelings.

Amber: "I still can't believe you gave me a 7.5."

Dave: "Yep. I sure did."

That man don't like that woman. Shouldn't he be saying "all the right things" right now, in the honeymoon stage?

On 8/26/2018 at 7:04 PM, seacliffsal said:

I think that Amber may have the princess/fairy tale view of marriage.  That she would be treated like a princess and her husband would adoringly do everything to make her happy.  It could be why she seemed a bit desperate to get married as that scenario had never played out before.  She may have even turned to being married at first sight believing that once married, her husband would wait on her hand and foot.  I just don't know what her expectations were.  She agreed to some chores and then tells Dave she doesn't want to do them and reacts as if he is a monster because he expected her to do what she said she would do.  Then she tells him she never wanted to get married as she didn't want to have to do anything extra for her husband.  I actually think Dave is trying, but is getting frustrated.  Oh, and her 'I don't need anymore friends.'  Geesch.  I meet friends of my friends because they want us all to go do something.  I would never tell someone I didn't really want to ever meet more people or that I didn't need more friends.  Amber is pushing Dave probably as some kind of "test."

Amber and Dave bring out the worst in each other. I do not think either is a monster but they are just not right for each other. I do not think wrongly or rightly that Dave is into her. I would expect a woman of Amber's age (not that she is old) to have much more maturity than what we have been shown. When she seemed shocked about getting called out about not doing the laundry she promised to do, her reaction was very juvenile with her "This is why I did not want to get married in the first place because I did not want to do extra stuff for my husband." This was a very stupid thing for a woman to say, who was so desperate to get married that she agreed to appear on a third-rate reality show and claims to badly want to be a mother, which requires tons of "extra stuff". It was like how she was alarmed at Dave's preference for brunettes when she herself was a brunette up until five minutes ago (Dr. Pepper claimed she was brunette at the casting special and they were all shocked at the extreme blonde makeover....I actually think she might have gone back to brunette in real time). However, I think she is right that Dave just does not like her and that is pinging all her insecurities.

6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Danielle loves Bobby.

The housework isn't much more than what he did before he got married.

The 15K is considerable but they can chip away at the debt together...it is a good thing to have a common goal....

Danielle makes his life better than ever...

Bobby is smitten, infatuated, thunderstruck in love....He is madly in love....the opposite of mad.

Yes, Bobby walks around like a man who has just won the jackpot. He will happily do anything for Danielle and she seems appreciative.

• Love 8

Love looks good on Bobby.

Tristan is working so hard to prop up his marriage, he looks exhausted in all his segments....

Dave is happier as a bachelor...he will put on a sad face when Amber and Paisley move out.... but will let out a sigh of relief when they are gone....

• Love 9
On 8/24/2018 at 1:07 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:
On 8/24/2018 at 12:10 AM, scruffy73 said:

75/100 = 7.5/10. Same C

No, not the same, because a 75 becomes a "C" (a/k/a "average") on a scale of 1-100 only in the context of grades like those given in school, and is an arbitrary number to define what is considered passing. 

Actually a 75/100 (or 7.5 out of 10) could be a C+ depending on the system used.  In that breakdown 70 would be a C.  Schools can define the scales and passing grades differently but I think Scruffy73 is essentially correct about this because 7.5 is 75% of 10 just as 75 is 75% of 100.  

As an old academic, I remember the distribution in the New York schools and my university well:

A is 90-100% (A+ could be 95-100 if used)

B+ is 85-89%

B is 80-84%

C+ is 75-79%

C is 70-74%

D+ is 65-69%

D is 60-64%

F is 0-59%

So if scaled down to a 10 point scale, Amber's 7.5 would be graded a C+ in this system, not a C.  By the way in this system 65 (or a D+) was considered passing, despite the grade F corresponding to 0-59%.  Anything under that was actually failing.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

As an old academic, I remember the distribution in the New York schools and my university well:

A is 90-100% (A+ could be 95-100 if used)

B+ is 85-89%

B is 80-84%

C+ is 75-79%

C is 70-74%

D+ is 65-69%

D is 60-64%

F is 0-59%

So if scaled down to a 10 point scale, Amber's 7.5 would be graded a C+ in this system, not a C.  By the way in this system 65 (or a D+) was considered passing, despite the grade F corresponding to 0-59%.  Anything under that was actually failing.

So, I have a question for you, Yeah No. The general consensus seems to be than Tristan gave Mia an 8 because he "thinks' he's 'starting to fall in love with her" --or possibly the real reason is because he's worried about what she might have done if he'd given her a lower score that made her feel rejected..

So, anybody still lurking on this comment thread:   What 0-10 score do you think Mia deserves for her first 3 weeks as a wife??

3 hours ago, qtpye said:

Amber and Dave bring out the worst in each other. I do not think either is a monster but they are just not right for each other. I do not think wrongly or rightly that Dave is into her. I would expect a woman of Amber's age (not that she is old) to have much more maturity than what we have been shown. When she seemed shocked about getting called out about not doing the laundry she promised to do, her reaction was very juvenile with her "This is why I did not want to get married in the first place because I did not want to do extra stuff for my husband." This was a very stupid thing for a woman to say, who was so desperate to get married that she agreed to appear on a third-rate reality show and claims to badly want to be a mother, which requires tons of "extra stuff". It was like how she was alarmed at Dave's preference for brunettes when she herself was a brunette up until five minutes ago (Dr. Pepper claimed she was brunette at the casting special and they were all shocked at the extreme blonde makeover....I actually think she might have gone back to brunette in real time). However, I think she is right that Dave just does not like her and that is pinging all her insecurities.

This is pretty much what I was going to post.  Amber is sabotaging herself by saying stuff like this, and I am sure she has done this and similar many times or she would not still be single at her age and feeling the sting of her baby clock ticking away.  Most men don't like insecure women that they think are too needy.  They don't think they can satisfy them.  Danielle has the winning formula.  She acts happy with herself and with Bobby, which makes him feel more confident that he can please her, so he keeps finding ways to do that because he likes success.  I don't love Dave but I do understand why he's lukewarm on Amber and only gave her a 7.5.  I do think it was crappy of him to be so brutally honest, though, but he probably wants to get the message across to her so she doesn't get too comfortable with him.  Unfortunately, this sets in motion a vicious circle because it will only intensify Amber's insecurity, making her even less attractive to Dave.  Dave is not mature enough nor does he care enough about her to want to spare her feelings.  He probably isn't even aware of what he's doing in the big picture.  I personally think Amber was feeling it in her gut right away that Dave wasn't that into her, so all of her insecure mountain making from molehills was in reaction to that.  I don't think her insecurity was based on nothing, although I do wonder how much she exaggerated it in her mind.  I think people basically know right away if they and someone else are hitting it off, and I don't think they were.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

So, I have a question for you, Yeah No. The general consensus seems to be than Tristan gave Mia an 8 because he "thinks' he's 'starting to fall in love with her" --or possibly the real reason is because he's worried about what she might have done if he'd given her a lower score that made her feel rejected..

So, anybody still lurking on this comment thread:   What 0-10 score do you think Mia deserves for her first 3 weeks as a wife??

In my opinion, Mia gets an F, so for me that would be a score under 6 out of 10.

It's hard to figure out why a person would give their partner a certain score.  Was the score a barometer of the intensity of their feelings for the person?  Or was it based on how well they feel the person complements them?  Or did they base it on how well the person matches what they see as their ideal match?  Without knowing that, it's hard to understand the score.

• Love 3

IMO,  Yada Yada:

Pastor Cal wasn't giving the husbands a strict question on interpretive scaling, though he used one as his premise. It wasn't a matter of "7.5 is to 'C' is to 1200 is to a 3/4 Ripe Avocado"!

That is to say,  he didn't want to engender conversations about mathematics and Bell Curves. He was looking for descriptions of affection,  of appreciation, of attraction for the wives. 

That is why Tristan could yet say "8," because the only reason he wouldn't say "10" was that Mia's extraneous pre-marital actions (and omissions) had a direct impact on their marriage. But about his WIFE  he is hopeful and positive.

Bobby is as aptly described by humble opinion: struck by the Sicilian Thunderbolt.

That leaves Dave. He weighed,  he measured,  he analyzed. He thought of the division of chores,  the addition of a pet,  the subtraction of his good times, the multiplication of arguments. He left no room in the equation for his heart,  and that is what Amber intuited immediately. 

I am not painting the wives in pastel watercolors (Amber is surely itching to take down the photos of Dave's pals), but they weren't asked to play "Rate Your Mate."

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

That leaves Dave. He weighed,  he measured,  he analyzed. He thought of the division of chores,  the addition of a pet,  the subtraction of his good times, the multiplication of arguments. He left no room in the equation for his heart,  and that is what Amber intuited immediately. 

Or perhaps because of all those factors he decided she is not someone he could fall in love with and answered accordingly. I do not feel he is under any obligation to lie just to make Amber feel better. For all we know, maybe his real answer was actually lower and he bumped it to 7.5 to make her feel better, but he undershot because the other two overdid it. The whole exercise is stupid and mean spirited and only useful for causing drama. For that reason, maybe he should have scored her higher, or maybe Amber should have not been bothered so much. Either way, the real winners are the producers.....

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

Either way, the real winners are the producers.....

And our pal, Cal, who doesn't live with these people and wanted to know how they felt at this point in the speriment using a simple gauge.  Now he knows. 

Probably wasn't banking on the blonde brunette losing it.  The little felon is probably ok about her generous "8" and Danielle, "I don't cook, I don't care.  I have debt, I don't care." probably doesn't care. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

• Love 3

Poor Dave.  Having to accept Amber's apology and give her a lukewarm hug...how painful.  He had all he could do to hug her.  No warmth there whatsoever.   He doesn't appear to like her much at all, and really....why should he? 

She really seems to have some self-respect issues, but her self-absorption is more than a little off-putting.  Her balking at doing any laundry despite her promise to do it is annoying.  Deal with reality Amber and do something nice for Dave, like keeping your promises.   I'm not fond of Dave, but he has legitimate gripes. 

That said, I honestly think that Amber having dated one of his friends was the killer from the get-go.   Don't know what those "boys" may have talked about, but I'll bet dollars to donuts it wasn't very flattering for Amber.    If these two decide to stay together, I'll be surprised. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, qtpye said:

Yes, Bobby walks around like a man who has just won the jackpot. He will happily do anything for Danielle and she seems appreciative.

And that will be a key point in them staying together.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I am not painting the wives in pastel watercolors (Amber is surely itching to take down the photos of Dave's pals), but they weren't asked to play "Rate Your Mate."

1 hour ago, Claire Voyant said:

Poor Dave.  Having to accept Amber's apology and give her a lukewarm hug...how painful.  He had all he could do to hug her.  No warmth there whatsoever.   He doesn't appear to like her much at all, and really....why should he? 

She really seems to have some self-respect issues, but her self-absorption is more than a little off-putting.  Her balking at doing any laundry despite her promise to do it is annoying.  Deal with reality Amber and do something nice for Dave, like keeping your promises.   I'm not fond of Dave, but he has legitimate gripes. 

I agree with you about Amber, but to be fair, Dave doesn't strike me as the type of guy that lets go of his heart that easily if at all.  I agree more with @LennieBriscoe here.  He seems like the type to engage in "analysis paralysis" and after picking them apart in his mind he finds enough to convince himself that most any woman is not right for him.  Thus he rarely opens his heart enough to include a woman.  I think that's one big reason he's still single.  The kind of woman that would work for Dave definitely is not a kind, sensitive soul like Amber that doesn't know how to play the game and her cards right to interest a guy like him.  The type he would fall for is a super-confident woman that doesn't show vulnerability nor any real interest in him beyond having a good time....for now.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

She really seems to have some self-respect issues, but her self-absorption is more than a little off-putting.  Her balking at doing any laundry despite her promise to do it is annoying.  Deal with reality Amber and do something nice for Dave, like keeping your promises. 

I bet she made that promise before his passive aggressive pattern took shape for her. Then she either became annoyed so didn't bother or was worried he'd pick apart something she did wrong reg. the laundry too.

I wouldn't want to do anything for Dave. He's a schmuck who will always find fault in unsuspecting (what he sees as) lesser beings than himself.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I bet she made that promise before his passive aggressive pattern took shape for her. Then she either became annoyed so didn't bother or was worried he'd pick apart something she did wrong reg. the laundry too.

I wouldn't want to do anything for Dave. He's a schmuck who will always find fault in unsuspecting (what he sees as) lesser beings than himself.

She may have, but I don't see her as being that observant toward anyone other than herself.  Besides,  a deal is a deal.   Trust doesn't manifest itself while the person who promises something refuses to do it.  He, apparently, held up his end of the bargain since she had no ammunition to come back at him with.  She actually offered to do the laundry when they were discussing the chores.  He offered taking out the trash and something else...doing some cooking or dishes, I think.  

Personally, when he brought up the division of labor, I'd have told him to go fuck himself.    WTH?   He wouldn't even pick up the toilet paper little Paisley unwound in the bathroom.   Lazy ass. 

If there's dust and it bothers you before it bothers your partner then do some dusting.   Floor needs sweeping?  Get out the broom.  My EX used to write, "Dust me", on the furniture.  He was a Dave.  The time it took him to do that, he could have wiped the dust away himself.   There's are reasons some people don't get along.  

Amber doesn't need or want more friends, doesn't like her rating, doesn't like being a brunette, doesn't want to keep her word.   It's been petty crap like that, that makes her more annoying to me than Dave is and I agree with you, he's plenty annoying.   Those two just need to call it a day and move on.  The experiment isn't working for them. 

• Love 6

Just saw the end of that scene with Amber & Dave & it seemed chopped - she said other things they left out & I wish we could've heard the entire conversation. I'm getting the feeling Amber got a bit of a bitch edit there for the sake of some drama over laundry not getting done.

Regardless if it was a problem he should've mentioned it to her & had a convo about it, not passive aggressively dock her down in front of the other husbands & entire audience because she wasn't fulfilling her part of the bargain, then mention it afterward - dick move IMO.

Yes Amber has issues. But I still don't like Dave & think he's pushing buttons.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Now Jamie is trying to convince Amber that a 7.5 rating is perfectly appropriate and acceptable... 

Some people will disagree, but I'm glad Amber's not buying it.

I didn't see it that way. Jamie thinks the entire concept of the men rating the women was BS.

Amber is still pissed about it.

• Love 1
Just now, LilaFowler said:

I didn't see it that way. Jamie thinks the entire concept of the men rating the women was BS.

Amber is still pissed about it.

She's walking a line & trying to make Amber feel better, even though Jamie knows she would've been hurt as well.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Oh, and now Dr. Jessica is saying Amber should "take it [the 7.5] as an opportunity for growth..."

What a pile of steaming...

"Dr." Trauma is at it again. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to her for counseling.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

LMAO, Dave broadcasting that he's going to want that divorce by asking for furniture for the "short-term." Geez. Was that shown on the original broadcast? I don't remember it.

It was "bonus footage". (Or, in other words, they edited it out to make Dave seem more sympathetic, more of a 'victim'...)

• Love 1
On 8/24/2018 at 10:57 AM, Lusterleaf said:

Why did Amber even go on this show? She doesn't want to share responsibilities in a marriage. If she wanted a kid all she had to do was go to a sperm bank and she could have done it on her own. I really can't stand her segments on this show because her constantly whining about her insecurities is annoying. She was harping on the 7.5 rating for half the episode. I don't know how Dave hasn't ended it yet.

Tristan should have ended things with Mia after she lied about her record/charges. It's like that saying, Fool me once....

I like Bobby & Danielle and think they're sweet together but I'm just waiting for something wrong to happen... hopefully it doesn't but it just seems too good to be true for MAFS standards lol..

You said everything I am thinking!  Lol Dave hasn't ended it because the sex is outstanding!  Do you see the way they look at each other!  Every night and most mornings!

Tristan seems like such a nice guy and Mia always seems to have some big secret.

Yes Bobby and Danielle might just end up being the IT couple for this series.

On 8/27/2018 at 8:45 PM, humbleopinion said:

Love looks good on Bobby.

Tristan is working so hard to prop up his marriage, he looks exhausted in all his segments....

Dave is happier as a bachelor...he will put on a sad face when Amber and Paisley move out.... but will let out a sigh of relief when they are gone....

I dunno. He is very happy with the sex!  Is it enough?  Time will tell.

11 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Oh, and now Dr. Jessica is saying Amber should "take it [the 7.5] as an opportunity for growth..."

What a pile of steaming...

Agreed.  Also a big pile was Dr. Jessica saying that the "rating" thing was commonly used in counseling.  I doubt that, but even if it were, it would be held in confidence between you and your therapist and not blabbed to your partner.  Unless you want to make things worse if the rating isn't fantastic.

• Love 4

I could see the rating thing being used in counseling as a way to let your therapist know how you are feeling - definitely in confidence, and not to be broadcast on tv and reported to the person you were rating!

Did anyone else notice that Amber's fingernails are worse than her hair?  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, princelina said:

I could see the rating thing being used in counseling as a way to let your therapist know how you are feeling - definitely in confidence, and not to be broadcast on tv and reported to the person you were rating!

Amber needs to be taking something like Xanax. 

But Dave wouldn't want that --she'd be too sleepy to boink him whenever he wants it!

9 minutes ago, princelina said:

Yes! Is there anything natural about Amber? Big, thick, fake fingernails; bleached hair; fake tan; layers of makeup; hair extensions; heavy perfume; etc.  Dave is probably annoyed by the amount of time it takes for her to get ready to do anything, in addition to all the time she spends on maintenance.

• Love 2

Danielle is high maintenance also: professionally highlighted blonde hair, the waxing bill, etc. She looks low-maintenance, though, and normal. Mia's hair is also professionally highlighted and her appearance strikes me as very posh. Both she and Danielle are pretty expertly groomed. Poor Amber, she really needs a lot of help.

• Love 5

OMG, Amber!  Take a breath!  He sets up a romantic date and tells her she smells so good that it's almost overwhelming and she has a hissy fit.  Really?  I'm pretty sure he meant that she smelled so good he was overwhelmed at the nice fragrance, not that he needed a gas mask ffs.  She's just SO dumb and always looking for the worst in him.  Doing to him quietly what she blames him for doing whenever he says the wrong thing, which in her vapid head is all the time.  

Her hair is falling out because of bleach overlap, and it's breaking wherever that happened.  She could lose it all in one brush out if she's not careful.  But will she concede and be herself for a change?  Not for him, she won't.   She really isn't a very nice woman.  She needs to stay alone.  No one is going to be able to make her happy.  She likes being miserable too much.  

Tristan needs to run, but he's too intent upon the sex right now.  If he thinks Mia would've had sex with him if she hadn't been arrested, he's sadly mistaken.  I fear our Tristan hasn't always been the most popular guy around and is thinking with his u-no-whut.  I'd venture to say that until the newness of the sex abates, he will be easy to manipulate with an "I'm sorry" and a blow job.   No dummy, Mia.

Bobby and Danielle are pretty cute.  Lots of happy dogs and dog days in that family if things work out.  :D 

• Love 2
On 8/26/2018 at 11:13 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

What you said was:

I’m a math nerd so 7.5/10 = 75/100 to me. If you consider 75/100 a C then I see 7.5/10 a c. You speak of context and I understand where you are coming from. I just didn’t consider it. Numbers are just numbers to me. :) I think Amber sees it the way I do, not that she is in the top 25% of....whatever. If my huzzzzband (Shawniece voice) said I was a 7.5 and I’m already feeling insecure I would be devastated. I think Amber would be devastated regardless, poor thing. She just can’t let things be what they are and deal with it. But if she is honest there is no way she should rate Dave higher than a 7.5, unless he is just putting it on her so good that she ignores everything else about him that everyone here has said about him - his flat affect, his lack of care for her feelings, how he treats her about her cat, etc.

• Love 4

OMG, Amber!  Take a breath!  He sets up a romantic date and tells her she smells so good that it's almost overwhelming and she has a hissy fit.  Really?  I'm pretty sure he meant that she smelled so good he was overwhelmed at the nice fragrance, not that he needed a gas mask ffs.  She's just SO dumb and always looking for the worst in him.  Doing to him quietly what she blames him for doing whenever he says the wrong thing, which in her vapid head is all the time.  

THIS is what I assumed he meant- she is cray cray and he needs to run before she gets pregnant since they’re doing it twice a day! 

As for Tristan I predict a shredded and bleached wardrobe in his future! 

• Love 1