Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

"On the daily" is such a weird phrase to use in that context. It's kind of corny and flippant for characterizing a struggle. Why not just "daily"? Or "every day"? (She'd probably write "everyday," though.) I guess I shouldn't expect too much from someone who never finished her Social Working degree at the for-profit college. 

Love this so Much!  I almost posted the same comment - on the daily?

• Love 2

Hey Cate.....Lots of people have to deal with anxiety and depression, but unlike you; they have to get their asses up off the couch " on the daily" and go to work 40 hours a week so they can keep their health insurance.

Edited by Caracoa1
  • Love 17
33 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

Hey Cate.....Lots of people have to deal with anxiety and depression, but unlike you; they have to get their asses up off the couch " on the daily" and go to work 40 hours a week so they can keep their health insurance.

Amen. I mean, what the hell does she possibly have anxiety about? LOL. I could see if she was battling all this and working a normal job, but no, she's not. What a lazy slug. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, realitytvbitch980 said:

Amen. I mean, what the hell does she possibly have anxiety about? LOL. I could see if she was battling all this and working a normal job, but no, she's not. What a lazy slug. 

The thing about anxiety is it's not based on reality, so to speak. Anyone can have an anxiety disorder, regardless of their external circumstances. Now, whether Catelynn actually has one, or is just a lazy lump who smokes too much pot which makes her paranoid, I'm not sure, but her lazy joblessness doesn't automatically preclude that diagnosis.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

The thing about anxiety is it's not based on reality, so to speak. Anyone can have an anxiety disorder, regardless of their external circumstances. Now, whether Catelynn actually has one, or is just a lazy lump who smokes too much pot which makes her paranoid, I'm not sure, but her lazy joblessness doesn't automatically preclude that diagnosis.

Right, that's the point of it being a disorder rather than situational--if you're only anxious when you have a reason to be, it's probably not a mental illness. Catelynn is pretty useless in a lot of ways but I believe she actually does have some kind of a mental illness. She shows a lot of signs of depression. She also had a fucked up childhood and then a lot of trauma with Carly (who, let's face it, she gave up for Tyler) that she's probably never actually dealt with because she's been glommed on to Tyler, doing everything to keep him, getting babies and animals to avoid dealing with her issues, and self-medicating with pot and food. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 10

I believe Cate is anxious because deep down she knows when this shitshow ends (Teen Mom) and the fame and money goes with it, Tyler will leave.  She is depressed because she can't accept the fact she gave Carly up for adoption so she could keep Tyler.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Caracoa1 said:

I believe Cate is anxious because deep down she knows when this shitshow ends (Teen Mom) and the fame and money goes with it, Tyler will leave.  She is depressed because she can't accept the fact she gave Carly up for adoption so she could keep Tyler.

This. I think he'll be out of there when no cameras are around.

• Love 5

In 2012 when MTV took a short break from this batch of TMs, Tyler dropped out of school and ran off to New Orleans. He quickly ditched Catelynn the moment the cameras went cold.  When this series ends, he won’t run off because he’s mid-passion project with his historic home and he wants to keep the fan base. Tinkerbell dies without applause.  Instead, he will gaslight and manipulate Catelynn into leaving.  She will look like the bad one this time and he will carefully craft the narrative to ensure he comes out looking like the White Knight.

Did anyone notice when Tyler lost his verified check mark on Instagram?

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 8
On 10/1/2017 at 9:28 AM, CofCinci said:

In 2012 when MTV took a short break from this batch of TMs, Tyler dropped out of school and ran off to New Orleans. He quickly ditched Catelynn the moment the cameras went cold.  When this series ends, he won’t run off because he’s mid-passion project with his historic home and he wants to keep the fan base. Tinkerbell dies without applause.  Instead, he will gaslight and manipulate Catelynn into leaving.  She will look like the bad one this time and he will carefully craft the narrative to ensure he comes out looking like the White Knight.

Did anyone notice when Tyler lost his verified check mark on Instagram?

But Tyler sees himself as Batman so he'd be the Dark Knight.

Sorry, couldn't resist 

• Love 4

Cate's anxiety and depression is definitely situational. It depends on the situation. If she has to bathe, she is too depressed. If she has to tend to Nova, her anxiety kicks in. If she has to take care of the house, both the anxiety and depression suddenly appear. Now, if she has to go to Boogie Town, go on vacation, or travel for MTV, she is anxiety and depression-free!

• Love 8
On 9/30/2017 at 3:28 PM, Lm2162 said:

Right, that's the point of it being a disorder rather than situational--if you're only anxious when you have a reason to be, it's probably not a mental illness. Catelynn is pretty useless in a lot of ways but I believe she actually does have some kind of a mental illness. She shows a lot of signs of depression. She also had a fucked up childhood and then a lot of trauma with Carly (who, let's face it, she gave up for Tyler) that she's probably never actually dealt with because she's been glommed on to Tyler, doing everything to keep him, getting babies and animals to avoid dealing with her issues, and self-medicating with pot and food. 

I agree with you. Just given her background, there's clear indication she would have issues. But I do think Cate both exaggerates her issues and uses them to her advantage, to manipulate others. 

• Love 9

The things she's willing to do are usually to please Tyler or to 'party,' (aka abuse substances in some form), like all the drinking she does on vacation, and she never seems anxiety or depression free to me. This is an unhealthy way to deal with depression, and selfish for Nova, but does happen.

The biggest thing for me is that she clearly will not get help. I understand what it's like to struggle with mental health issues but EVERYONE on this show with mental illnesses or who claims to have one (Amber, Leah, Nathan, Tyler) has the means and resources to get help if they need it, and none of them do. I get that mental illness can make it hard to seek help, but they talk about it so endlessly that it seems like they are very aware they have issues, and that it affects others. At that point it's your responsibility to work on it, at least. She does the opposite.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 9

Word to all of the above. She also constantly refers to her "mental illness" and how it's responsible for everything she does wrong. For some reason that bugs me too. I have GAD and I don't think of myself as "mentally ill," although I suppose it's technically true. That term to me connotes things like BPD and schizophrenia, really serious stuff that makes it difficult for a person to distinguish reality or manage basic functions.

Anxiety and depression are real, and can of course be extremely serious, but I feel like she's using exaggerated language to gain attention and sympathy and excuse her shitty life choices. It reminds me of how when something sad happens to toddlers or school-age children, some people will freak out about the baaaayyyybieeesszzzz as though they need to amplify the effect of something that's actually bad enough when described correctly! 

• Love 5

I have depression and PTSD (from rape) and consider myself mentally ill (I mean, they're in the DSM so to me that's what mentally ill means)...which means it's an illness no more or less serious than a physical one. I am probably worse off than some and better off than others. Some physical illnesses are a sinus infection and some are cancer but they are all illness. They all also require you to DO something about them, and if you don't ...well, they won't get any better. I also can't neglect my child or others because of it, and if I had more severe issues it would still not be my fault, but it would be if I kept bringing animals and children into the situation if I couldn't properly care for them. Same as if I was seriously physically ill and kept adopting animals and having babies to make myself feel better. It wouldn't be my fault that I was sick but it would surely be my fault that I was selfish enough to neglect innocent creatures. Cate doesn't grasp that or is too impulsive and enabled to care. Also her partner is the worst and very selfish himself, and they are codependent, which can't help. 

I don't fault Catelynn for being mentally ill if she is. I DO fault her for claiming every bit of her asshole-ness is "mental illness." No, you and Amber are awful because you are awful. Whatever illnesses you may have do not make you awful. That's on you. And the kids and animals you use to self-medicate don't deserve to be props, to be used and discarded whenever you get anxious or to try to fill some existential void. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 12

Nathan has PTSD from his time in Iraq. That doesn't negate the fact he is an abusive asshole. At some point you can't keep putting the blame on your mental issues especially when you are fully aware you have mental issues. That is like putting the blame on your parents for your shitty upbringing. 

Cate can fuck off. 

• Love 5
On 10/2/2017 at 6:31 PM, Caracoa1 said:

Tyler will take half the assets and move in with Mommy.

Tyler is not leaving his dream house.  Catelynn is going to have to haul Billy Bong Thorton over to her dirtbag mother's boyfriend's Coca-Cola themed rec room and bunk there until Butch vacates their old house.

• Love 9

Tyler always gushes like that about Cate on SM. He loves the image he thinks he's cultivated as this "loving, sensitive husband". He imagines everyone's wishing THEY had a man just like him.  But watch his face for 5 seconds when they're on screen together and you know it's total crap. 

• Love 11
22 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

No he dont.  What he wants is to keep avoiding getting a damn job.

Yep. He doesn’t want a baby. He wants more carrera marble for the kitchen and bathrooms of his new passion project. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, druzy said:

Does she think it is as simple as packing a boat and going to Puerto Rico? Is she driving the boat?

Yes, she does. She's that stupid and I hope she and Kail get lost at sea. 

• Love 19

Haha, is she trying to be like Bethenny Frankel now? Bitch can't even get off the couch to clean up her daughter's poop, but she can take a boat full of supplies to Puerto Rico???? Bitch, just write a check and stay out of the way. 

• Love 19
10 hours ago, druzy said:

Does she think it is as simple as packing a boat and going to Puerto Rico? Is she driving the boat?

Bitch please, your faux altruism is showing again. These bitches are always trying to act like some kind of humanitarian, yet they're just social media humanitarians. Always putting their altruistic ideas out there for likes and kudos. 

Start your charity at home by cleaning your kid's carpet turds and making sure she's not unsupervised by a pool. Stupid heifer. 

Like any of her minions would have a boat anyway, pfft. 

Edited by LunaMia
  • Love 14
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:02 AM, druzy said:

Are you paying for the gas, Cate? Bitch, please!

If Cate is driving that boat, she ain't going to Puerto Rico. She'd be headed to Jamaica's version of Boogie Town.  Someone better inform the U.S. Coast Guard stat. She is high, I tell ya. High!

I like how she has Kail's name in on this shit. Like Kail has time to deal with soliciting donations. The only charity she concerns herself with is being a trick. She is donating her fat ass to any willing guy out in Dover.

Kail was supposed to get that sky-diving charity going. What happened to that shit? 

16 hours ago, druzy said:

Yesterday Cate was soliciting donations for fleets of ships and planes to help Puerto Rico. Any word on how that worked out? 

lmao!

15 hours ago, ghoulina said:

She hit the bong, ate a quesadilla,  passed out, and forgot all about it. 

Bwahahahaha!

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3
On 10/10/2017 at 10:16 PM, Lm2162 said:

Wait, what?!?! Why don't they just write checks? I'm pretty sure Puerto Rico doesn't want you there taking away even more of their resources. 

Because they have no interest in actually helping. They only want another free trip. Just like how those two wanted a skydiving trip “for charity.”  If she really wanted to help PR, Catelynn could post reputable relief agencies — or make a donation. 

Why are they carving a pumpkin now? Oh! To fake Halloween scenes for the series. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Is that kid wearing mascara??

Yes.  They won’t brush her hair but they’ll put mascara on her. 

Also, lolz to that big bed. You know Tyler doesn’t want to touch Catelynn at all. 

• Love 6

Am I the only one who doesn't think that's Cate in the bed with Nova? I don't know who it is, but I thought it was a little boy. I assumed it was some friend of theirs. That head seems way too small, and that's not Catelynn's hairline. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think that's Cate in the bed with Nova? I don't know who it is, but I thought it was a little boy. I assumed it was some friend of theirs. That head seems way too small, and that's not Catelynn's hairline. 

Same. I thought it was a little kid with NovaLEEEEEEEE. 

• Love 5