Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

They're going to create so many issues for poor Carly when she turns 18.  They're going to guilt her into visits, pester her, attempt to force a relationship with Nova, buy her gifts -- anything to be in her life.  It's going to be overwhelming for her because she'll be in the process of figuring out her own identity and transitioning to college  (real college) and then she has C&T plus their entire extended kinfolk trying to communicate with her.  

C&T spend so much time, energy and money to get approval/love from their addict parents.  They been choked, hit, spit on, and neglected by their addict parents yet they always bounce back.  April and Butch would be forgiven for murder by their children because C&T are so desperate for their attention.  In their minds, Carly is a boomerang just like them. She will bounce right back into their lives as if nothing happened. That's what they do - nothing happened/it's okay/I love you/blood is thicker than water/name tattoos.  Look at all the sick shit Butch and April have done to Catelynn. She's buying them trucks, RVs, pools and tits!!  That's what they do. Carly is their "blood" so they can't even fathom that she will not want a parent-child relationship with them.  

There's going to be much pain and drama when she turns 18. I feel so sad for everyone.  Another factor to consider is wherher or not C&T will be broke in 2027.  If they need money, they'll put extra pressure on Carly to reunite because there will definitely be a People Magazine cover deal or Good Morning America appearance fees/free trip to NY.  Hopefully they lay off buying implants or care for everyone and save some cash. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, AhFillAck said:

@GreatKazu

An Orangutan eats pumpkin during a 'Halloween-breakfast' in its enclosure at the Hagenbeck Zoo in the northern German city of Hamburg Oc.jpg

"You're really indulging today." -Tyler

This is great! lol  I have to keep from laughing out loud because people are asleep here. WTH? They are acting like Cate! Wake up, ya'll!

Some things that are going through my head right now -

1) Was Tyler asked to post that comment on Twitter to try and calm the waters? We know their minions would go after B&T. By posting he and Cate were not the best example, it puts the fault on them, as it should, rather than the parents of Carly.

2) Will Cate now have another reason to have a meltdown on the show? Will this be her new storyline? We know she can't mention Carly, but could she tip-toe around the subject?

3) Will they quit the show in order to show they are trying to be a better example (aka hide their behavior)? Rhetorical question.

4) Will this be Cate's rock bottom?

5) Will Nova finally get attention?

6) Will Cate buy a better bra?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

I think it may be harsh but I honestly think B&T should just disappear basically. Change numbers, move (I remember fans had found their home address) and just start fresh. If they let Carly have social media in the future make sure she keeps it vague with no real information and locked down. That would give her the chance to reach 18 and go to college and start her life as a young adult without C&T waiting with baited breath for the second she turns 18 to pounce on her. It also must be a lot for B&T to process. I mean obviously Carly is their daughter and they know they've given her a better life and that she is a very loved little girl. However I wouldn't doubt they still have that little bit of fear in the back of their minds that they could lose their daughter to these awful people. One thing I wonder about is what if Carly has a difficult adolescent years. Her genes aren't the best and she may have mental health issues or substance abuse problems. I know B&T are great parents it can happen to anyone especially when it's in your genes already. I'm afraid for that to play out because Carly may lash out and reach out to C&T and want to run away to them or something of the sort. I know that is worse case scenario but I've seen similar things happen and I really only want good things for that family.

Also, his hands next to his head really freaks me out! He looks like the opposite of the BK commercial with the guy with tiny hands. I can't tell if he has really large hands or a teeny head.

IMG_20161028_014620.jpg

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

They're going to create so many issues for poor Carly when she turns 18.  They're going to guilntot her i visits, pester her, attempt to force a relationship with Nova, buy her gifts -- anything to be in her life.  It's going to be overwhelming for her because she'll be in the process of figuring out her own identity and transitioning to college  (real college) and then she has C&T plus their entire extended kinfolk trying to communicate with her.  

C&T spend so much time, energy and money to get approval/love from their addict parents.  They been choked, hit, spit on, and neglected by their addict parents yet they always bounce back.  April and Butch would be forgiven for murder by their children because C&T are so desperate for their attention.  In their minds, Carly is a boomerang just like them. She will bounce right back into their lives as if nothing happened. That's what they do - nothing happened/it's okay/I love you/blood is thicker than water/name tattoos.  Look at all the sick shit Butch and April have done to Catelynn. She's buying them trucks, RVs, pools and tits!!  That's what they do. Carly is their "blood" so they can't even fathom that she will not want a parent-child relationship with them.  

There's going to be much pain and drama when she turns 18. I feel so sad for everyone.  Another factor to consider is wherher or not C&T will be broke in 2027.  If they need money, they'll put extra pressure on Carly to reunite because there will definitely be a People Magazine cover deal or Good Morning America appearance fees/free trip to NY.  Hopefully they lay off buying implants or care for everyone and save some cash. 

Because as Caitlynn loves to point out that Nova is Carly's FULL sister.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

This is great! lol  I have to keep from laughing out loud because people are asleep here. WTH? They are acting like Cate! Wake up, ya'll!

Some things that are going through my head right now -

1) Was Tyler asked to post that comment on Twitter to try and calm the waters? We know their minions would go after B&T. By posting he and Cate were not the best example, it puts the fault on them, as it should, rather than the parents of Carly.

2) Will Cate now have another reason to have a meltdown on the show? Will this be her new storyline? We know she can't mention Carly, but could she tip-toe around the subject?

3) Will they quit the show in order to show they are trying to be a better example (aka hide their behavior)? Rhetorical question.

4) Will this be Cate's rock bottom?

5) Will Nova finally get attention?

6) Will Cate buy a better bra?

You know, we might be misinterpreting his comment. By saying they are not the best example, he really might be placing blame on B&T. As in, our open adoption sucks because the other parents suck, so you don't want to follow in our footsteps-you want to find more relaxed people who won't care if you plaster the kid all over the net.

• Love 8

As far as Cates tweet, I haven't seen any dispute as to whether or not SAHM is a full time job, I think most agree it definitely is... I just don't consider her one since we have yet to see her do any true SAHM duties.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, leighroda said:

As far as Cates tweet, I haven't seen any dispute as to whether or not SAHM is a full time job, I think most agree it definitely is... I just don't consider her one since we have yet to see her do any true SAHM duties.

So true !  We could tune into national geographic channel and see animals in the animal kingdom take better care of their young. 

For carlys sake , B&T should cut ties completely.  I'm sure they never thought back then they'd still be dealing with TMOG bullshit in 2016

• Love 5
2 hours ago, leighroda said:

This makes me ragey. As a working mom who enjoys her job and wouldn't quit even if I just made enough to pay for daycare (seriously, if the reason someone chooses to stay home is because they don't currently make that much more than daycare costs, I consider that incredibly short sighted, but that's a topic for another time), anyways, I am used to hearing barbed comments about how daycare is raising my kids, or the more passive aggressive "I decided to stay home because I didn't want to miss any milestones and wanted to actually spend time with my child, but hey, you do you" comments. On the flip side, I have some friends who stay home, and the way their hard work, stress, and stellar organization and patience is diminished is also maddening. I have a high pressure job in some respects, and the amount of pressure a stay at home mom has (keep kids clean, fed, safe, validated, intellectually stimulated, emotionally secure, morally sound, well mannered, character building, etc- all on his or her own)- I am tired just thinking about it.

All that is to say I hate the mommy wars, and I am sympathetic to any mother who is regularly made to feel bad about her success as a mother. But I do NOT want Cate taking up my cause. I am guessing any stay at home mom does not want Cate representing SAHMs. The fact that even Cate would claim to be a SAHM is laughable. She's a SAHM in that she has a biological child that she has legal custody of and doesn't work outside of the home. But she doesn't "parent" her child. I would imagine the daily stresses that go into the average SAHM's life don't even enter Cate's mom.

So, shut up Cate.

• Love 15

I totally agree about the SAHM thing...if you are going to do it, do it right, and Cate is not doing it right, at all.  She should go work for the sole purpose that her daughter would be better off--she would have the chance to be in an engaging environment, and see her mom actually DO SOMETHING.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

2ag4tgz.jpg

Um...don't you have to have your child in your care to be a SAHM?

That's right Catelynn, being a SAHM is a full-time job.  Go ask April all about it. 

24vqyok.jpg

34rg9ys.jpg

LOL I can't tell them apart.

I think we are reading the SAHM tweet wrong. It reads, "if I can stay home with her I will."

Reads to me that Cate is pointing out the hard work of SAHM and how if she could be one, she would. I could be wrong. She is so dumb, she probably meant to post she was a SAHM, but doesn't realize the way her sentence reads, she inadvertently described what is actually happening - she is not caring for Nova, but if she could, she would.

I am beyond happy that Brandon and Teresa have decided to curtail the visits. C&T have given them plenty of reasons why that was necessary.

However, my sympathy for now 25 year-old Catelynn has waned. Yes, maybe you were taken advantage of and pressured and didn't fully understand. But that was seven years ago and you've known the deal about how this adoption could close for a while now, yet you and your family have still crossed boundaries and talked smack about your child's parents. And you know and have admitted that Carly has a better life with B&T.  AND you now have a beautiful baby girl you could be actively parenting yet you ignore. I have sympathy for child Cate, but little for adult Cate when it comes to the adoption

Amen.

I wonder if this will put major pressure on Cate and Tyler as a couple. Will they turn on each other like baboons in a zoo? Cate will put the blame on Tyler for not keeping his mouth shut and showcasing his anger towards B&T. Tyler will blame her for all the Carly references, the blanket, the photos, and all things Carly related. Neither one will admit it is because of their behavior.

• Love 6

I can definitely see that happening. Each one will be blaming the other for B&T's decision, or blame B&T themselves.

I also noticed Cate's depression storyline ramped up just about the time when B&T told them not to mention Carly or her activities on-air. Wonder how much of that was producer-driven just so they'd have something to focus on, since they couldn't continue with the "oh Carly, poor Carly, we miss Carly" storyline that had been the centerpiece of their segments since the show started.

Like many other posters have mentioned, Cate's depression seems to be selective, being a non-issue when she wants to go somewhere or do something she wants to. Maybe Cate just thinks she's depressed instead of truly being depressed. And because she thinks she is, she plays it up for all its worth. Either way, she does need psychological help from a licensed professional. Way more than she is getting from bargain basement Kinko Kathleen. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

This makes me ragey. As a working mom who enjoys her job and wouldn't quit even if I just made enough to pay for daycare (seriously, if the reason someone chooses to stay home is because they don't currently make that much more than daycare costs, I consider that incredibly short sighted, but that's a topic for another time), anyways, I am used to hearing barbed comments about how daycare is raising my kids, or the more passive aggressive "I decided to stay home because I didn't want to miss any milestones and wanted to actually spend time with my child, but hey, you do you" comments. On the flip side, I have some friends who stay home, and the way their hard work, stress, and stellar organization and patience is diminished is also maddening. I have a high pressure job in some respects, and the amount of pressure a stay at home mom has (keep kids clean, fed, safe, validated, intellectually stimulated, emotionally secure, morally sound, well mannered, character building, etc- all on his or her own)- I am tired just thinking about it.

All that is to say I hate the mommy wars, and I am sympathetic to any mother who is regularly made to feel bad about her success as a mother. But I do NOT want Cate taking up my cause. I am guessing any stay at home mom does not want Cate representing SAHMs. The fact that even Cate would claim to be a SAHM is laughable. She's a SAHM in that she has a biological child that she has legal custody of and doesn't work outside of the home. But she doesn't "parent" her child. I would imagine the daily stresses that go into the average SAHM's life don't even enter Cate's mom.

So, shut up Cate.

Cate is really just SAH - stay at home

I read an interesting study that said the happiest moms are the ones who work part time. Enough to get out of the house and have that adult stimulation ( and a break) but not so much that you FEEL like you are sacrificing time with the kids. That would be ideal for me. I couldn't stay home full time. Props to those who could I would just go insane. 

• Love 3

It seems Tyler is trying to do some damage control...He also tweeted that whatever decision B&T make for Carly is theirs and he wouldn't be mad. People were commenting how terrible it would be for contact to be cut, that's they can get the adoption reversed, etc... it makes me sick

• Love 3
20 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Surprise! Out comes Matt Baier.

Dead. I am literally dead. You better come pay for my ambulance. 

20 hours ago, geekamonggeeks said:

According to RadarOnline, Catelynn and Tyler lost their visitation with Carly. Tyler then confirmed it on his twitter and even said that B&T had every right to deny them and that he and Cate aren't the best example of an open adoption agreement. I never thought I'd see the day. 

Wow. Interesting. I'm guessing Tyler said that because he thinks his new show will really "take off" and he doesn't really need the adoption storyline/TM anymore?

• Love 4
Spoiler

@TATUM I totally agree, I hope my comment didn't sound like I was saying that SAHM is better than working, I think that's a completely individual decision per family... I was just saying it's extremely hard work in the sense that it's hard work Cate isn't doing so she shouldn't get to claim she is a SAHM. I'm pretty sure you were referring to Cate and not me, but I would feel terrible if I offended you so I just wanted to be sure. 

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 11:56 AM, Calm81 said:

This! I understand that Carly isn't Cates daughter, legally, but I feel some sympathy for the fact that when she was 16 years old I don't think she was intelligent enough (I'm not calling her stupid, but she may not have understood many of the legal terms and was too afraid or naive to ask questions and just trusted the "adults" in the situation to figure out what was best.) because when I think about my mentality at 16 versus my mentality now that I'm in my early 30s I can assume that I would have signed a lot of papers without going over all the print painstakingly while asking questions about terms I wasn't familiar with.

B&T and C&T are in a weird situation, I mean, B&T went to C&T's (LOL! The name shortcuts) wedding and Theresa had a beautiful heart to heart with Cate looking like they were close and it may have been misleading to Cate (Just to Cate, I understand it wasn't misleading) about their relationship and thought that they could text each other like besties and have extra Ice cream dates with brunches.

I see Cates side of things, like, "I gave you a special gift...my child, and I can't even get an annual visit?" thinking B&T are not appreciative to the blessing they've received. Then I see Theresa's side about how "I gave your birth child a life you couldn't give her at the time (not knowing Cate would become rich a season or two later) and allowed you a chance to further your education and establish careers without being tied down to a child at 16.

Ugh, I feel for both of them. This is an emotional situation where both sides are feeling hurt. Aside from all my annoyance by C&T's actions lately, I could never understand what it's like to give a child up that rested under my heart for 9 months. This is where my sympathy for Cate lies and ends. I'm mostly frustrated that she gave her up to better herself with education but never TOOK ADVANTAGE, I mean, that was the reason for giving Carly up. :-(

I thought that Cate and Tyler were chosen specifically for the show BECAUSE they were putting their baby up for adoption. They wouldn't have been on it if they kept her. And I think it was only because of the reaction of viewers to them (because of their seemingly mature, sensible choice and the sacrifice) that they stayed on year after year and benefitted from the MTV money. IF they had kept Carly, and not been on the show, they'd have no MTV money. It's hard to know what their lives (and Carly's) would be like, but judging from what we've seen over the years, I don't think it would be much different than it was before Carly was born. They haven't acted on any of the opportunities, the show and people's initial reaction to them have afforded them. All they've done is use the money for stuff. Fancy clothes, sunglasses, cars, eating out. Once the money train from MTV runs out, they'll be on welfare in no time. Carly dodged a bullet by getting adopted. Nova  could be 16 and Pregnant, second generation (maybe third depending on Tyler and Cate's moms ages when they were born.

I'd keep Carly far away from them. If she hits those rebellious teen years and has access to them, who knows what kind of crap Tyler and Cate will fill her head with.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, leighroda said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@TATUM I totally agree, I hope my comment didn't sound like I was saying that SAHM is better than working, I think that's a completely individual decision per family... I was just saying it's extremely hard work in the sense that it's hard work Cate isn't doing so she shouldn't get to claim she is a SAHM. I'm pretty sure you were referring to Cate and not me, but I would feel terrible if I offended you so I just wanted to be sure. 

No, totally talking about Cate!

In fact, if someone wants to say SAHMs are better than working out of the home moms, that doesn't even offend me. That's an opinion, and anyone is entitled to it. But Cate trying to jump on the 'let's not fuel the mommy wars' bandwagon (a cause I often preach myself) is offensive to me.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

I thought that Cate and Tyler were chosen specifically for the show BECAUSE they were putting their baby up for adoption. They wouldn't have been on it if they kept her. And I think it was only because of the reaction of viewers to them (because of their seemingly mature, sensible choice and the sacrifice) that they stayed on year after year and benefitted from the MTV money. IF they had kept Carly, and not been on the show, they'd have no MTV money. It's hard to know what their lives (and Carly's) would be like, but judging from what we've seen over the years, I don't think it would be much different than it was before Carly was born. They haven't acted on any of the opportunities, the show and people's initial reaction to them have afforded them. All they've done is use the money for stuff. Fancy clothes, sunglasses, cars, eating out. Once the money train from MTV runs out, they'll be on welfare in no time. Carly dodged a bullet by getting adopted. Nova  could be 16 and Pregnant, second generation (maybe third depending on Tyler and Cate's moms ages when they were born.

I'd keep Carly far away from them. If she hits those rebellious teen years and has access to them, who knows what kind of crap Tyler and Cate will fill her head with.

They might have still been on teen mom.   There were no other babies given up for adoption on 16 and pregnant and they still could have followed how keeping the baby panned out.   

• Love 1

Also, even if MTV chose to feature them on 16 & P because of the adoption angle, they still could have changed their minds at the hospital which happens frequently. I am pretty sure they would have been picked for Teen Mom just because of the sheer drama of their home life. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

Teen Mom went into production about two months after 16 & Pregnant aired. The girls were signed quickly after the airings of 16 & Pregnant showed some impressive ratings.

There is no way MTV was going to let this clusterfuck called The Bacterias (Baltierras) out of their grips. Thanks CofCinci for that name. MTV hit gold with this group. If C&T retained Carly instead of giving her up for adoption, that would have made the story even better for MTV. It would have just been a different storyline. In fact, we are now watching that storyline play out. We see how C&T cannot bother to be parents to Nova. We are just watching Carly 2.0 happening before our eyes.

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

"Happy One Year Sober, Butch!"

orangutan.jpg

Yes!! Perfect. The whole orangutan family. lol

Didn't mean to kill ya. :-)  What is the cost of that ambulance bill?

• Love 3

I have a different opinion I guess. My husband and I have struggled with infertility for years. We have gone through tests, shots,ultrasounds, etc. We had 9 pregnancies and we have 1 miracle baby that the doctors said I should never have been able to carry. What Cate said about Teresa didn't offend me. Sometimes we can't have babies, and by saying Cate shouldn't have said that makes me feel like it's something we should be ashamed of. Cate did give Teresa a gift she couldn't give herself.

Regarding adoption... I know I will get a lot of slack over this but I could never do it. In the late 1950's my grandparents adopted my aunt through Catholic Charities. And she turned out to be awful. Her and my father were raised in the same house by the same parents but she truly was evil. And she blamed everything she ever did wrong in her life on being adopted. Run away 13 times , well I was adopted. Got my fifth DWI, well I was adopted. Drinking, Drugs, Cheating, Stealing, well I was adopted. Even though we really wanted siblings for my son I was too afraid to adopt because what if they turned out like her. I know there are millions of good stories, but after seeing what happened to my grandma I couldn't do it. So I give all the credit in the world to B&T for adopting Carly and her brother.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, BravoAddict72 said:

Regarding adoption... I know I will get a lot of slack over this but I could never do it. In the late 1950's my grandparents adopted my aunt through Catholic Charities. And she turned out to be awful. Her and my father were raised in the same house by the same parents but she truly was evil. And she blamed everything she ever did wrong in her life on being adopted. Run away 13 times , well I was adopted. Got my fifth DWI, well I was adopted. Drinking, Drugs, Cheating, Stealing, well I was adopted. Even though we really wanted siblings for my son I was too afraid to adopt because what if they turned out like her. I know there are millions of good stories, but after seeing what happened to my grandma I couldn't do it. So I give all the credit in the world to B&T for adopting Carly and her brother.

Well, Farrah wasn't adopted and look at her.

Jenelle isn't adopted either. Look at how she turned out.

I remember being a bit of a rebel in my teen years. I got mad at my parents once and said I wish I hadn't been born.

Children, adopted or not, can turn out to be good, bad, or somewhere in between due to many factors. Children can be born with mental and/or physical problems or they can develop them later on. There are genetics, psychological, environment, drug or alcohol use, that can sometimes explain certain behaviors. There are just too many to list.

There is no guarantee in life how your children will ever turn out whether you give birth to them or adopt them. I always remember something my parents said about adopting us. They said we were chosen. So many people have children without ever planning for them. I am blessed to have been one of the chosen.

My mother had issues carrying a child. She suffered several miscarriages. My father and my mother finally turned to adoption. If not for adoption, they would not have had children and my siblings and I would not have had them as our parents. God knows where we could have ended up. Perhaps with people like April. There is always the possibility that adopted children can end up in a home that is not a healthy or loving one. It is not just children who can have issues.

I congratulate you on finally having a child after the struggles you endured.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, iwasish said:

I agree about keeping Teen Carly away from C&T. I could see them encouraging her to run away and make other bad choices, and badmouthing B&T.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Katt said:

Call me pedantic, but don't SAHM's usually have a partner that goes out to work? Catelynn can fuck right off claiming to do anything for that poor child. 

Right...by this logic, both of them are stay-at-home parents cause we know they aren't working (besides MTV). If Cate is a SAHM, then Tyler is a SAHD. 

When I became a mom, I realized what an enormous job it is to be a SAHM (or SAHD). I really think it has got to be the hardest job out there (of course I mean if you are actually interacting with your kid, cooking, doing housekeeping, etc). I know many wonderful SAHMs. My own mom was one until I went to high school. I'm a SAHM during school breaks (I teach community college). But I would never, ever want to be a SAHM all the time. I'd go insane. I'm just not cut out for it. Some parents are. I'm not. I need to work outside of the home at least some for my own sanity and because I like it. There's no shame in admitting that being a SAHM isn't for you.

I think just like C&T think they're so much better off now because they have two houses and four cars, they really think Cate is being a good SAHM just because she's there. I remember Tyler wanted their child to have a stay at home mom when they chose adoptive parents for Carly. I think they really have no clue what stability and "middle class values" for lack of a better term actually are. They see a middle class family with cars, a house, and a stay at home mom and think if they have those things, they're giving their kids the nice, stable middle class upbringing they didn't have.

What they don't realize is that those families they are trying to emulate also value hard work, education, and having a stay-at-home parent who interacts with the kids & does the domestic duties. These parents generally don't sit around stoned all day, but pigs on a whim, or ship their kids off to alcoholic grandma's. C&T have all the trappings and material things of the lives of people like B&T that they're trying to emulate, but they don't have the values or behaviors. They just don't get it. 

I hope that makes sense. And hats off to you stay-at-home parents. That's the hardest job out there. I salute you! I'm not cut out for doing it all year long. I can admit that. I wish Cate would admit it and enroll Nova in Mother's Day Out or part-time daycare or a Montessori program. Ugh. I'm sure they'd say they "don't want other people raising their kid" (that statement is one of my all-time pet peeves, BTW). Well, for some of us, we (and our kids) need a village to help because of work, health issues, etc. Some of us are lucky enough to have wonderful family that can help. Some of us have no family nearby (that's our situation) and some of us have family members like April who I wouldn't trust to watch my kid for longer than a couple of hours maybe every couple of months. Sometimes that village includes daycare workers, preschool teachers, etc. Cate, you have the money to buy Nova the best "village" possible to help you out. Get Nova some stimulation and find something to do while she's being well-taken care of - read, take a class, workout, or do some other self-care. You and Nova will both benefit. 

Sorry for rambling. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 9

Way back to the statement Cate made about Teresa. No, "barren" would have never found its way into her vocab, but I do remember being pissed about her being snotty and disrespectful. You know how they've perfected egging each other on? They both go into this rapid fire talk - backing each other up with lots of "yeahs", hand gestures, mugging, snotty taking everyone on arrogance.

I can't believe B&T really did it. And we'll see just how dramatic it really is. I have a feeling it's not a closed adoption now, but Dawn is bringing out the original paper which seemed to say that they could do pictures, presents, videos (I think that was only until age 5?), etc., but not meetings and phone calls. Teresa has just been incredibly kind. They already had one in person meeting where they got warned and Teresa did some eye rolling about Tyler. They probably watched in horror like all the rest of us when Tyler got super bitchy and said no one would ever control his voice, or whatever nonsense he spouted. Since this is filming so close to real time, that seems to coincide. 

Cate was going to be a SAHM, BUT, Tyler was going to go to school. But now they're both just sitting there like an old retired couple with a toddler. An old high retired couple. 

Wtf is this show? Is this a series or a one and out? I remember when they were back in Hawaii, but it didn't seem for that long. I'm guessing MTV will see if it gets any interest before ordering more. And good lord Cate's style! If she'd put on a good bra (I'm not too small myself but I hate cleavage. Cate seems to think it's everything. Anyway, I wear a nice, sturdy, lifting sports bra), she would have looked perfectly cute and youthful in the dress the other gal is wearing. And sit up with your feet on the floor. And do some hair and makeup! I do mine everyday ... what else do you have going on that's more important than a television camera?? It reminds me of all the old gals I used to see in church in curlers. Like where the hell else are you going that you can't take out the curlers for church?

• Love 5

Re: stay at home moms 

Catelyn has no idea how lucky she is that she can stay home right now and spend all of her time with her daughter.  I think many, many people would LOVE to be able to afford to do that. I know it's not for everyone but I mean in a perfect world where money is no issue I think everyone would love to spend more time with their kids.  And she is just wasting it. Think of all the things she could be doing with Nova.  And she's just doing nothing.  What's the point of staying home if you aren't giving your kid cool experiences and happy memories? I don't get it.

• Love 8

@EmeraldGirl you are exactly right with that description of Cate and Tyler in your first paragraph. C&T definitely had many moments of arrogance about the whole adoption matter. It was the condescending attitude that came out from time to time and they would both get into it saying things to one another that came off as if they did the family a favor. They seemed so well-rehearsed with their comments as if they had been saying such things many times before and had it down pat. At various times, C&T came off sounding like Butch and April with how they would talk to one another.

By the way, I came across a article featuring the latest news, and it mentioned the last name of Brandon and Theresa. I never knew their last name until coming upon that article yesterday.

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

No picture but Cate posted that they are in Ohio at the zoo. Wonder why they are in Ohio.

To visit their kin, the orangutans. 

My question is, was Cate late for this trip? Did she hit that snooze button at any time? No, because she wasn't going to a mental health appointment.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9
On 10/28/2016 at 7:56 AM, leighroda said:

I agree. When I was a full-time SAHM I longed for the days of being back at work so I could have a moment to myself and communicate with adults. You got to clock in and clock out and people respected you because you had a job regardless if you did less work than a stay at home mom. Nobody respected my role as a stay at home mom. I'd be invited places and when I couldn't make the invite their response would be "Why not? You don't work you have lots of free time".

Now that I'm working full-time at an onsite job lol....I have more free time than being a SAHM. I was always hands on, teaching my kids new things, cleaning, yard work, finding new recipes to make dinners interesting (only Friday nights were take out or ordering in nights).

I'm not harping on her for being at home but she's making REAL SAHM's look bad. REAL SAHM's are working hard to raise awesome kids and keep their homes looking like something to be proud of or Stay at home dads.

Cate, you need to interact with your kids, cook healthy dinners, clean, and leave the nap time for the kids in order to defend having a full-time job as a SAHM.

Edited by Calm81
Leah's auto corrector strikes again. LOL.
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Looking at those pics, would it be mean to say that Cate is just not a good-looking person?

I think she's overweight, doesn't seem to shower,  wear any make up, or dress in appropriate clothes. Basically she doesn't groom at all. I even doubt they do laundry. I remember her being cute in earlier seasons. At this point, it's hard to tell whether it's her looks or her lack of any effort whatsoever. 

• Love 9