Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
David T. Cole

Catelynn (and Tyler)

Recommended Posts

It's also not actually that enormous of a "gift." B&T are a nice, stable, financially well off couple. They didn't need C&T in order to adopt. They've adopted since Carly and I really doubt the bio parents of their son give them this kind of crap. People procreate all the time... it's not some miracle that only C&T can provide for others. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Saggy boobs making Catelyn look 47 years old? Check.  Huddled up under a blanket on a couch? Check.  Hair that looks like an ice cream cone on Tyler? Check.  Never change!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Saggy boobs making Catelyn look 47 years old? Check.  Huddled up under a blanket on a couch? Check.  Hair that looks like an ice cream cone on Tyler? Check.  Never change!

Seriously. She brings her blanket everywhere.  Did they have to wake her up from a nap to film the scene?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, lexiexx said:

The baby didn't have to be in that environment.  I already said that if Tyler stepped up the baby could possibly been at his house until they got on their feet.   I put zero stock into any cate quote.  She knows what she is supposed to say to get paid and to bow down to Tyler.   Does it look like she is at peace with her decision?  

They were 16. I don't think Kim's home was much better. God forbid poor Carly was raised in that environment either. Thank goodness they made the best decision. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

27 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

First glimpse from ReUnited.  Did they film scenes in Hawaii? (Hawaii tourist magazine on table, looks Hawaiian resort-ish)

Pet Peeve time. Find a damn bra that is suitable for your top. That black bra strap looks damn ridiculous especially if you are going on camera. Find a strapless bra Cate. And pick your tits out of your lap.

I need Stacy and Clinton to make a return and stress the importance of proper undergarments and shapewear.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

They were 16. I don't think Kim's home was much better. God forbid poor Carly was raised in that environment either. Thank goodness they made the best decision. 

If I recall correctly, Kim actually refused to let them raise Carly in her house. She was already stuck raising her daughter's two kids, and didn't want to be saddled with a third. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

It's also not actually that enormous of a "gift." B&T are a nice, stable, financially well off couple. They didn't need C&T in order to adopt. They've adopted since Carly and I really doubt the bio parents of their son give them this kind of crap. People procreate all the time... it's not some miracle that only C&T can provide for others. 

The supply of healthy white infants is far below the demand. Yes, people procreate all the time, and for some reason they're rarely inclined to give those babies away. That baby was a valuable commodity. The biggest winners from adoptions are the adopting parents. The biggest losers are the biological parents. Bethenny sounds like a very shady organization. Most of its board have adopted. An organization basically set up to procure babies for adoption. Preying on two sixteen year old parents, manipulating them with extremely unrealistic open adoption BS. I wonder what Brandon and Theresa were told by Bethany off camera? What was their understanding of the open adoption arrangement? Compared to Catelynn and Tyler. "Don't worry, you'll be the child's parents legally, Catelynn and Tyler will be nothing legally."

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

The supply of healthy white infants is far below the demand. Yes, people procreate all the time, and for some reason they're rarely inclined to give those babies away. That baby was a valuable commodity. The biggest winners from adoptions are the adopting parents. The biggest losers are the biological parents. Bethenny sounds like a very shady organization. Most of its board have adopted. An organization basically set up to procure babies for adoption. Preying on two sixteen year old parents, manipulating them with extremely unrealistic open adoption BS. I wonder what Brandon and Theresa were told by Bethany off camera? What was their understanding of the open adoption arrangement? Compared to Catelynn and Tyler. "Don't worry, you'll be the child's parents legally, Catelynn and Tyler will be nothing legally."

White infants, maybe, but we don't even know that Carly's brother is white. It's sad that white babies are considered more "desirable." And I agree that Bethany is creepy. Their main purpose is to push teens away from abortion. 

But manipulated? Tyler and Cate always called this a semi open adoption. They both very explicitly stated their home was abusive and they didn't want a baby there. They had no money, April and Butch were both abusers and addicts and Butch was in and out of prison. They both seemed very aware of what that would mean for Carly and said they didn't want that for her, so a different set of parents would be better. Then they accepted Bethany money and multiple TV contracts to pontificate about adoption and their positive experience. They are aware now of the rules they are breaking and have broken for years, and have explicitly said so many times. Their initial conversations about the adoption on the show never indicated they thought it would be open...that's something that's come over time with increased urgency and higher demands as they've continued to obsess over Carly on TV and make money off her story. 

I also think the adoptive parents aren't the biggest winners in this scenario...Carly is. Imagine her horrendous life otherwise.

My other issue with the "gift" idea is the entitlement. Cate and Tyler did not have unprotected sex repeatedly as a gift for others. They did it as uneducated, neglected, drug addicted teens. I can have empathy for that, but they gave their baby away to give a gift to HER so she wouldn't have to be severely abused like they were. The "gift" was not to the parents, who are infertile like millions of other couples. The gift was supposedly for Carly. Somehow that's gotten twisted and been made into something selfless for B&T personally. It's not. They gave a gift to Carly as well-- a non abusive home. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

White infants, maybe, but we don't even know that Carly's brother is white. It's sad that white babies are considered more "desirable." And I agree that Bethany is creepy. Their main purpose is to push teens away from abortion. 

The brother is Caucasian (or "passable") too.

brandon-teresa-carly-teen-mom.jpg

They became the face of open adoption in 2012 in exchange for another Caucasian infant.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

The supply of healthy white infants is far below the demand. Yes, people procreate all the time, and for some reason they're rarely inclined to give those babies away. That baby was a valuable commodity. The biggest winners from adoptions are the adopting parents. The biggest losers are the biological parents. Bethenny sounds like a very shady organization. Most of its board have adopted. An organization basically set up to procure babies for adoption. Preying on two sixteen year old parents, manipulating them with extremely unrealistic open adoption BS. I wonder what Brandon and Theresa were told by Bethany off camera? What was their understanding of the open adoption arrangement? Compared to Catelynn and Tyler. "Don't worry, you'll be the child's parents legally, Catelynn and Tyler will be nothing legally."

I think the biggest "winners" are the children adopted into happy, loving homes with parents who want them and can provide for them. And not all biological parents regret giving up children for adoption. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder what Carly's life would be like if C & T had kept her; if she'd just be running around shirtless talking to the dogs like Nova. like,  is it Cate's depression that makes her not-that-great of a mom?  or would she have been depressed being Carly's mom?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The only winner is Bethany.  $97M in revenue last year from total programs.

$25M in revenue for the adoption of 697 infants, 473 older children in foster care and 242 international.

$36M in salaries per their 990 from 2015...

They publicize their work in Africa, but they only invested $191K.

But they spend $3.5M on a charity fundraising golf outing --- yet come out of the fundraiser negative $300K.

https://www.guidestar.org/profile/38-2822017 for their 990 if you're interested.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

B&T have lives of their own. So does Carly. Their lives do not revolve around C&T. They are not required to drop whatever they're doing so they can have brunch with Catelynn. Maybe something's going on in their family and they can't find the time to have a visit. Maybe Carly's super-busy with her hobbies and swimming. Or maybe---just maybe---they're regular adults leading regular lives and they don't have to appease Catelynn just because she gave birth to their daughter. 

I think the biggest problem here is that Cate and Tyler don't actually have lives.  They have no idea what it is like to be productive adults in society.  They don't work, they don't go to school, they don't raise their daughter.  They get high and bitch, moan, whine and cry on camera for a living.  They don't understand that people have to "work in" thinks like trips, vacations into already very busy schedules and limited vacation days from work.  They don't have hobbies or healthy relationships with family and friends.  They are so incredibly stunted and have shown that they have absolutely no interest in making their lives better or making their actual daughter's life better! They need to quit worrying about the child they gave away 7 years ago - I've never given up a child so I can't even begin to imagine how painful that would be.  But they made that choice and I firmly believe it was the right choice.  They now have their own child to love and raise, and neither one of them have anything to do with her except letting the dogs or the (ex or maybe not) druggie mom babysit so Cate can sleep all damn day. It makes me sick how that little girl is being raised with the two of them.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I think the biggest "winners" are the children adopted into happy, loving homes with parents who want them and can provide for them. And not all biological parents regret giving up children for adoption. 

Thank you x100!

I agree with those who pointed out how this show, C&T, and Bethany have given adoption a bad name. It also shows how NOT to go through this process with this particular adoption agency and how open adoption can fail. It also highlights, for me, how minors should be represented by an attorney (provided by the agency) just to ensure each side is aware of what is binding and what isn't.

According to Cate and Tyler, they do not regret their decision to give Carly to another family. They have made it clear time and time again they did the right thing through various articles, interviews, the reunion show, and throughout this show.

Their issue now is, they are angry that they are not having access to Carly the way they want. What they fail to acknowledge is, it was their own damn fault it has come to this.

Quote

My other issue with the "gift" idea is the entitlement. Cate and Tyler did not have unprotected sex repeatedly as a gift for others. They did it as uneducated, neglected, drug addicted teens. I can have empathy for that, but they gave their baby away to give a gift to HER so she wouldn't have to be severely abused like they were. The "gift" was not to the parents, who are infertile like millions of other couples. The gift was supposedly for Carly. Somehow that's gotten twisted and been made into something selfless for B&T personally. It's not. They gave a gift to Carly as well-- a non abusive home.

Word!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, poopchute said:

Saggy boobs making Catelyn look 47 years old? Check.  Huddled up under a blanket on a couch? Check.  Hair that looks like an ice cream cone on Tyler? Check.  Never change!

I'm not sure if that is a blanket...it looks like a comfy beach type skirt. Idk lol.

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

I'm not sure if that is a blanket...it looks like a comfy beach type skirt. Idk lol.

Oh, so a blanket with an elastic waistband. ;p

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

I'm not sure if that is a blanket...it looks like a comfy beach type skirt. Idk lol.

Ok then I take issue with the way she is sitting in a skirt.  Either way, that's what she chose to wear while she's helping these people reunite with a loved one? She looks like garbage.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

She definitely needs some better bras. And maybe some pretty ones too. Hers look like they have the padded grandma straps. I get it, they're comfy (I had DDD/E boobs before my reduction), but she needs to find some nice, pretty feminine high-end bras that will lift and separate the girls. I always felt way better about they way my boobs looked when wearing a nice bra. God know she can afford them and could use a little boost of self confidence.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Ok then I take issue with the way she is sitting in a skirt.  Either way, that's what she chose to wear while she's helping these people reunite with a loved one? She looks like garbage.  

I agree. At least she is upright. I wonder if she chews her fingers when engaging with "clients"? I'm not trying to be a bitch, I am just wondering. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

What kind of show is it?  They have no credentials or even brainpower to help these people.  What could they possibly say to the people they are helping?  They can't even help themselves!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Thank you x100!

I agree with those who pointed out how this show, C&T, and Bethany have given adoption a bad name. It also shows how NOT to go through this process with this particular adoption agency and how open adoption can fail. It also highlights, for me, how minors should be represented by an attorney (provided by the agency) just to ensure each side is aware of what is binding and what isn't.

According to Cate and Tyler, they do not regret their decision to give Carly to another family. They have made it clear time and time again they did the right thing through various articles, interviews, the reunion show, and throughout this show.

Their issue now is, they are angry that they are not having access to Carly the way they want. What they fail to acknowledge is, it was their own damn fault it has come to this.

Word!

Agree with all. 

If they aren't happy with the results from Bethany and think they were misled or manipulated, they could have said that at any point during the last 7 years rather than repeatedly taking paychecks from MTV, Couples Therapy, and Bethany itself for praising it and saying how much they loved their situation and decision. That's why I don't buy this "manipulation" stuff when it comes to C&T (not doubting it has happened to other teens), in addition to the fact that they have repeatedly explicitly stated the rules they choose not to follow when it comes to the adoption. If you know what it would take for you to see Carly and you won't do it because of your pride (in Tyler's case)/it will make Tyler (Cate's actual love) mad, you don't actually care about her as deeply as you say, and definitely wouldn't have at age 16.

The gift rhetoric is just entitlement from C&T. It makes them feel special, I'm sure. Guess what, there are many fertile couples and many infertile or semi-infertile ones. It isn't special to have a child as a teen...it's special to give any child, no matter how you get it, a good life. They said that's what they were doing and now want to act like they're the selfless ones in the scenario and Carly's parents "owe" them for life, or at least until age 18 when they get her back after renting her out to some randos. Wtf. That is not how it works.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

That's why I don't buy this "manipulation" stuff when it comes to C&T

I don't either. Agree to the rest of your post, too.

Now, here they are on some adoption special where they reunite people. What will they say there? Will they start slamming Bethany? Will they claim manipulation? Will they throw shade at certain people? Or, will they send out the message that open adoption should occur more often so that people who are adopted won't have to wonder who their birth parents are later on in life? Either way they go, I am ready to slam them good.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Funny how if it weren't for the show, Dawn would lost their number  shortly after the handover and C&T would have never had a visit with Carly because I doubt they would have been able to afford it. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Cate looks like she has tits like an orangutan.

2l92nva.jpg

ogh1l0.jpg

OMG. Can't stop laughing 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Marisagf said:

What kind of show is it?  They have no credentials or even brainpower to help these people.  What could they possibly say to the people they are helping?  They can't even help themselves!

An intern or production assistant Googles "Joe Smith Lexington, KY".  Then, C&T pack up the travel bong, throw some cheetos at Nova, and head to wherever the producers tell them to go (look like Hawaii in the pilot). Once on camera, C&T tells the adult child that they've found their deadbeat dad and he is in the other room. Surprise!  Tyler will figure out a way to make the reunion about himself while Catelynn eats her fingernails bloody because she has the munchies and wants to avoid real food.  I'm sure Tyler ends episode with his deep, final thoughts, like how Jerry Springer used to wrap episodes with a lecture and a "till next time, take care of yourselves and each other."  Cut scene!  Bluntman and Chronic run to their weed stash. 

APR068034_1._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Edited by CofCinci
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

According to RadarOnline, Catelynn and Tyler lost their visitation with Carly. Tyler then confirmed it on his twitter and even said that B&T had every right to deny them and that he and Cate aren't the best example of an open adoption agreement. I never thought I'd see the day. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/tyler-baltierra-admits-adoptive-parents-should-deny-visits-daughter-carly-teen-mom-og/

I hate how even the tabloid sites refer to Carly as Cate and Tyler's daughter. She is NOT their daughter:

Quote

The adoptive parents of Catelynn Lowell and Tyler Baltierra‘s oldest daughter have denied an upcoming visit with the Teen Mom OG stars. But despite the heartbreaking blow, Baltierra admits it’s the right decision.

“They will always be justified because they are her parents and we are not,” Baltierra, 24, tweeted after the TMOG clip was released. “We do have an open adoption. They are just making decisions that they think are the best for Carly. Which is exactly what they should do.”

When a user explained how they are not the best example of a successful open adoption, he responded, “We are definitely NOT the best example, I agree.”

Their adoption counselor Dawn explained, “You said no to ongoing face-to-face. You could request visits with the adoptive family in the future to be initiated by Cate and Tyler, which is what you have been doing. At the discretion of the adoptive family as they determine what is in the best interest of Carly.”

Lowell responded, “Are we done having visits with Carly forever? Until she’s 18 I’ll hear nothing from her? It is f*****g frustrating because I was 16 years old when I made this decision.”

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

When a user explained how they are not the best example of a successful open adoption, he responded, “We are definitely NOT the best example, I agree.”

At first I was shocked he said this and then I realized this is probably part of the plan to get visits back.  He can't keep saying the things he was saying so he knows he has to say this even though I am sure he doesn't believe it.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Tatum said:

OMG. Can't stop laughing 

*****DYING LAUGHING!!!!!***** Maybe she will pick nits out of Tyler's soft serve ice cream cone hair. She'll think they're sprinkles.

@GreatKazu you win the prize!! The prize is some pot and some linty leggings.

Edited by AhFillAck
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

9 episodes!  An entire season just on Matt.

Ha!

Executive producer: Simon Saran.

7 minutes ago, AhFillAck said:

*****DYING LAUGHING!!!!!***** Maybe she will pick nits out of Tyler's soft serve ice cream cone hair. She'll think they're sprinkles.

@GreatKazu you win the prize!! The prize is some pot and some linty leggings.

Cate's booby prize! lol

Nits!!! LMAO 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

An intern or production assistant Googles "Joe Smith Lexington, KY".  Then, C&T pack up the travel bong, throw some cheetos at Nova, and head to wherever the producers tell them to go (look like Hawaii in the pilot). Once on camera, C&T tells the adult child that they've found their deadbeat dad and he is in the other room. Surprise!  Tyler will figure out a way to make the reunion about himself while Catelynn eats her fingernails bloody because she has the munchies and wants to avoid real food.  I'm sure Tyler ends episode with his deep, final thoughts, like how Jerry Springer used to wrap episodes with a lecture and a "till next time, take care of yourselves and each other."  Cut scene!  Bluntman and Chronic run to their weed stash. 

APR068034_1._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

 

1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Surprise! Out comes Matt Baier.

You two should quit your jobs and write comedy. Laughing so hard here!

47 minutes ago, poopchute said:

At first I was shocked he said this and then I realized this is probably part of the plan to get visits back.  He can't keep saying the things he was saying so he knows he has to say this even though I am sure he doesn't believe it.

Manipulation at it's finest.

41 minutes ago, AhFillAck said:

*****DYING LAUGHING!!!!!***** Maybe she will pick nits out of Tyler's soft serve ice cream cone hair. She'll think they're sprinkles.

@GreatKazu you win the prize!! The prize is some pot and some linty leggings.

And an awesome zebra hoodie.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, geekamonggeeks said:

According to RadarOnline, Catelynn and Tyler lost their visitation with Carly. Tyler then confirmed it on his twitter and even said that B&T had every right to deny them and that he and Cate aren't the best example of an open adoption agreement. I never thought I'd see the day. 

He's still discussing the issue publicly, which is why they lost the privilege in the first place...  Ugh.  Will they ever respect Carly's privacy?

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, poopchute said:

At first I was shocked he said this and then I realized this is probably part of the plan to get visits back.

My thoughts exactly.  

Anyone else still think that a breakup is still imminent, even with the new show (which seems like a horrendous idea)?

Both of them always look so dirty to me.  In body and in deeds.

Good for B&T.  Frankly, it's about time.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

2ag4tgz.jpg

Um...don't you have to have your child in your care to be a SAHM?

That's right Catelynn, being a SAHM is a full-time job.  Go ask April all about it. 

 

24vqyok.jpg

34rg9ys.jpg

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

I would think that open adoptions that promise more than photos and an annual letter must be extremely difficult to navigate. People change, situations change, etc. and very few people on either side of the adoption probably keep the same mentality, perspective, or desires for 18 years. I can understand why adoptive parents might wish to accomodate them and why birth parents would want them but I'm wondering if on the whole they cause far greater pain then either side ever expects. This one in particular perhaps more than most. B&T were naïve enough to either believe that Cate would somehow turn her life around after the adoption and make it "easier" for them to include her in more ways in Carly's life, or they figured we can promise anything this 16 year old girl will most likely loose interest as time goes on. Perhaps they just assumed Cate would eventually attain a level of maturity one really shouldn't expect from a person raised in Cate's environment. They obviously didn't foresee the shit storm trifecta in which Cate would do very little to turn her life around AND develop more of an interest in Carly's life over the years then what she first requested AND would still be on a nationally televised program seven years after the adoption. I think it's in everyone's best interest - but most important Carly's, that they close the adoption completely or limit any contact to an annual photo/letter. It's sad that Cate is incapable of following the most basic of requests and/or lacks the common sense not to demonstrate a life-style on camera that she must know wouldn't please B&T, but that's who she is and B&T can't do anything to change it and I think they've realized at this point it's fruitless to keep making requests they know won't be adhered to. I imagine that's why they are cutting off the visits. I do think B really feel for Cate and I doubt that she wouldn't find one day of a year to have Cate visit if she felt that Cate would abide by her requests and conditions. I also think that B may be a bit weak - even though she does have the strength to communicate simple boundaries such as don't share photos, don't talk about the adoption on screen, etc. she just doesn't have the heart to explicitly tell Cate - I don't like what I see on screen and your requests for visitation are making me increasingly uncomfortable. Hence phone calls go unreturned and she reached out to Dawn to play the role of the heavy. Too bad Dawn doesn't have the cajones to relay the message either.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Willowsmom said:

 

I love the way Cate's STILL assuming Carly will run to them at 18.

 

As if her time with Brandon and Teresa was some sort of prison, or something, and she gets "parole" when she is 18.  I really think that Catelynn and No Heiffer are in for a very rude awakening when that day comes.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Cate and Tyler don't pay attention to the one they have at home. 

These two idealize EVERYTHING and talk up their plans and dreams, and what-ifs. Yet do NOTHING but sit on their ass, smoke weed and bitch. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

2ag4tgz.jpg

Um...don't you have to have your child in your care to be a SAHM?

That's right Catelynn, being a SAHM is a full-time job.  Go ask April all about it. 

 

24vqyok.jpg

34rg9ys.jpg

I can't take it! My daughter asked me three rooms away what's so funny.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Carly will not run back, Cate.

 The only scenario I could see is, if Carly watches tapes of the show while she's in high school, she may feel like she has to contact them, out of guilt and sympathy, because she watched them harp about her for years. She won't run back, and I don't think she'll want to meet in person at 18 or ever, but she might call/write to say hello and update them on her life. That's it.

Now, I believe Catelynn and Tyler would 100% take that as an invitation to start harassing and contacting her way more than she wants or has time for. Carly will have to be really, really, careful with wording and information given if she does decide to contact them an adult. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Don't most stay at home moms interact with their children?  And do things like cook and clean the house? That's what makes it a "full time job."  Doing all the stuff to keep up the house.  I don't think it counts as "full time job" if you are asleep half the day and during the time you are awake you are ordering takeout, living in filth, and ignoring your child. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size