Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

Hey everyone

love reading all your posts here.

I donโ€™t post much, especially on C&T. Iโ€™ve livedย in Michigan my whole life and I am so VERY embarrassed and ย pissed off that these two โ€œrepresent โ€œ my home state!ย 
I canโ€™t stand them!ย Theyย are horrible people,ย even worseย parents, andย need to stop having children.ย 
When the show ends, the money will end and itโ€™s clear that they have no concept of saving. It wonโ€™t end well.
There is so much more I could say, but I think itโ€™s all been pretty much covered here.

ย 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

How does the IRS recoup large amounts like that?ย 

Usually they will put you on a payment plan. ย If you own real property they will put a lien on that. ย 
ย 

It blows my mind the amounts there people owe and none of them seem outwardlyย concerned about it. ย Or maybe itโ€™s why they are all so fragile, but they wonโ€™t admit it on TV. ย I remember I became delinquent on a piddly $2400 student loan in 1998 and they withheld my measly $800 federal tax refund. ย How ย are these guys getting away with owing $100โ€™s of thousands to the government? ย 

• Love 6
On 4/28/2021 at 8:24 PM, Marisagf said:

Diving into the shallow end of the pool: Iย really hate Cate's tattoos on her arm and hand and her ridonk nails! ย I do like her shorter haircut.

I hate the tattoo going down her hand thatโ€™s supposed to look like henna . In addition to being kind of offensive, itโ€™s really ugly work and from a distance makes her look like she has a rash. Why do the Teen Mom cast members get such god awful tattoos? I donโ€™t dislike tattoos but they choose some shitty looking ones.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I hate the tattoo going down her hand thatโ€™s supposed to look like henna . In addition to being kind of offensive, itโ€™s really ugly work and from a distance makes her look like she has a rash. Why do the Teen Mom cast members get such god awful tattoos? I donโ€™t dislike tattoos but they choose some shitty looking ones.

Maci's tattoos are pretty horrible. ย Just a jumble of doodles!ย 

Tyler and Cate have some pretty awful ink, too! ย 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

Oh crap that means she will now.ย 

Does Tyler still have that big blob if black on his arm? I've never been able to figure out what it is

This? Itโ€™s Batman.ย 

4B96AB7E-1553-4735-A387-A7086E3E70EC.jpeg

• LOL 7
17 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

This? Itโ€™s Batman.ย 

4B96AB7E-1553-4735-A387-A7086E3E70EC.jpeg

Yes that.ย  I'm glad you told me what it was. Across a room I don't see this reading too well and would still look like a blob.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Ughhhhhh I hate myself for even saying it because my own mom said it to me when I got ONE teeth tiny shoulder tattoo when I was 18. ย But what the fuck do they think these are gonna look like when they are old and saggy???? ย And to be honest. ย My teeny tiny shoulder tattoo is starting to look like a blob. ย And Iโ€™m regretting it. ย And Iโ€™m only 40ish.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 5/1/2021 at 9:42 PM, geauxaway said:

Ughhhhhh I hate myself for even saying it because my own mom said it to me when I got ONE teeth tiny shoulder tattoo when I was 18. ย But what the fuck do they think these are gonna look like when they are old and saggy???? ย And to be honest. ย My teeny tiny shoulder tattoo is starting to look like a blob. ย And Iโ€™m regretting it. ย And Iโ€™m only 40ish.

You should consider a cover-up tattoo.ย  Seriously.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

You should consider a cover-up tattoo.ย  Seriously.

I am, but at the same time isnโ€™t the cover up just gonna get faded too? ย Iโ€™ll look in to it and will pay for quality. ย Itโ€™s just keeps gettingย pushed downย the list of things lol. Because unlike these fools I have to prioritize where my money goes.

Edited by geauxaway
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I am, but at the same time isnโ€™t the cover up just gonna get faded too? ย Iโ€™ll look in to it and will pay for quality. ย Itโ€™s just keeps gettingย pushed downย the list of things lol. Because unlike these fools I have to prioritize where my money goes.

I'm no expert but observation tells me they do change as time goes by.ย  You can always get a touch-up down the line if you still like the cover-up after many years.

Novalee is cute,ย  but she may be looking at a lifetime of usingย her hair to obscure her forehead.

• Love 1

I praise Jesus every day that I have my sonโ€™s uterus blocked on SM. ย Yes, I creep and every time I see it, I am disgusted (this is since she is out of prison for endangerment of minors and sex trafficking) every time I see what she posts AFTER having served time. ย She has never not began a correspondence to me without โ€œthank you for taking care of him.โ€ ย and thatโ€™s where it ends for me. ย GTFOH. ย These people live in a fantasy world. ย And they are due for an ugly fall. ย 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

I praise Jesus every day that I have my sonโ€™s uterus blocked on SM. ย Yes, I creep and every time I see it, I am disgusted (this is since she is out of prison for endangerment of minors and sex trafficking) every time I see what she posts AFTER having served time. ย She has never not began a correspondence to me without โ€œthank you for taking care of him.โ€ ย and thatโ€™s where it ends for me. ย GTFOH. ย These people live in a fantasy world. ย And they are due for an ugly fall. ย 

I read this twice and I'm still not sure what it means with regards to Catelyn and Tyler but they've never been in prison.ย  We met them as two kids without any family support trying to do what they hoped was best in a tough situation.ย ย ย  Everything considered (like caught up in a MTV moneymaker for a decade)ย  I think they've done okay.ย ย 

• Love 6
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I read this twice and I'm still not sure what it means with regards to Catelyn and Tyler but they've never been in prison.ย  We met them as two kids without any family support trying to do what they hoped was best in a tough situation.ย ย ย  Everything considered (like caught up in a MTV moneymaker for a decade)ย  I think they've done okay.ย ย 

I think she was just pointing out how disturbing it is for Cate to post something like this. She is not Carlyโ€™s mother.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

My sonโ€™s birth mother was in prison. ย Sorry for the confusion. ย I was responding with regards to Catelynn still acting like she is Carlyโ€™s mom. ย  My post was in reference to them having no boundaries still. ย After all these years. ย As an adoptive mom myself, I was saying I am so happy my sons uterus (aka his birth mom) is cut off from us.ย 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

My sonโ€™s birth mother was in prison. ย Sorry for the confusion. ย I was responding with regards to Catelynn still acting like she is Carlyโ€™s mom. ย  My post was in reference to them having no boundaries still. ย After all these years. ย As an adoptive mom myself, I was saying I am so happy my sons uterus (aka his birth mom) is cut off from us.ย 

As an adoptee, my birth mother is not my mother and I would be upset if she posted anything like Cate did. I already have a mother!

• Love 11
Just now, Cinnabon said:

As an adoptee, my birth mother is not my mother and I would be upset if she posted anything like Cate did. I already have a mother!

I have no doubt my sons birth mother posts things like ย Cate does. ย Iโ€™d have a lot more empathy for her (my sons birth mom) if she would stop saying to me thank you for taking care of him. ย I know sheโ€™s not smart enough to know better (sadly we are the same age / in our 40โ€™s she wasnโ€™t even a teen mom). ย  But Iโ€™ve cAme to realize she so stunted just like these kids on TM.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/19/2021 at 12:36 AM, Cinnabon said:

I ย am an adoptee as well. And I think ifย S Media were around then, or if I even had gotten letters, it would have causedย a load of unnecessary emotions. Being 12 is hard enough without having extra drama and once again, Caitlyn makes it more about their sacrifice.ย 
My parents adopted 4. My sister found her bio mom.(didnโ€™t turn out well) . I have 2 brothers..one, never interested in bio parents, the other, struggles with it to this day, even in his 50โ€™s. He was/is always resentful..and took it out on my mom. ย 

Me, I am with you @Cinnabon! โ™ฅ๏ธ
My birth mother ..not my mother!

Dear C&T,

Please focus on the kids you have and start interacting in their lives. Please STOPย constantly reminding them that they have a big sister that they canโ€™t possibly compare or live up to. (Or see). (This shouldnโ€™t even beย discussed until Carly# 2 and 3 are at an age they can at least understand at a more conscious level)ย 

oh, and one more thing. No more kids ! Not until you learn to think about, and putย them above yourselves.ย Again,ย focus on the kids you have and enjoy it now. Soon they will be teens and resent the hell outta ya.ย 

As an adoptee, I could say loads more, but I will shut up now.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 11
31 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

And I think ifย S Media were around then, or if I even had gotten letters, it would have causedย a load of unnecessary emotions.

First of all, thank you for sharing your story. ย ๐Ÿฅฐ. ย SM is not helping this situation at all, coupled with the fact that they are on an international TV show. ย  ๐Ÿ˜”

• Love 5
(edited)
35 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

First of all, thank you for sharing your story. ย ๐Ÿฅฐ. ย SM is not helping this situation at all, coupled with the fact that they are on an international TV show. ย  ๐Ÿ˜”

Agree!
Tyler and Cate have never grownย up. They still have the mentality of 16. I blame the show for this. They are a pair of narcissisticย ย teenagers, constantly patting themselves on the back for making such a sacrifice. Like they are the only ones in the world to give up a baby to have a better ย life. Donโ€™t get me wrong. I applaud their decision, the right choice. I wish Carlyโ€™s parents could do more to put a stop to C&Tโ€™s constant blabbering ons. I know theyโ€™ve tried,ย ...next step..total cut off!
Being adopted has its own set of emotions. To be constantly remindedย cannot be healthy. I just pray that Carly can make it through her adolescence without being targeted (like kids at school, whoโ€™s parents watch).
It should have stopped at 16&Pregnant. Shame on MTV. Maybe a few update shows for them, but putting them on teen mom was a mistake. They were not teen parents.ย 

And bless you, @geauxawayย for opening your heart and adopting!โฃ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโฃ๏ธ

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I ย am an adoptee as well. And I think ifย S Media were around then, or if I even had gotten letters, it would have causedย a load of unnecessary emotions. Being 12 is hard enough without having extra drama and once again, Caitlyn makes it more about their sacrifice.ย 
My parents adopted 4. My sister found her bio mom.(didnโ€™t turn out well) . I have 2 brothers..one, never interested in bio parents, the other, struggles with it to this day, even in his 50โ€™s. He was/is always resentful..and took it out on my mom. ย 

Me, I am with you @Cinnabon! โ™ฅ๏ธ
My birth mother ..not my mother!

Dear C&T,

Please focus on the kids you have and start interacting in their lives. Please STOPย constantly reminding them that they have a big sister that they canโ€™t possibly compare or live up to. (Or see). (This shouldnโ€™t even beย discussed until Carly# 2 and 3 are at an age they can at least understand at a more conscious level)ย 

oh, and one more thing. No more kids ! Not until you learn to think about, and putย them above yourselves.ย Again,ย focus on the kids you have and enjoy it now. Soon they will be teens and resent the hell outta ya.ย 

As an adoptee, I could say loads more, but I will shut up now.

I agree, I wouldnโ€™t even have wanted letters, much less social media posts. I can only hope Carlyโ€™s parents keep her off SM.

• Love 3

Once she is grown, Carly will probably feel pressured to have a relationship with C&T because of the show.ย  If she refuses, she'll have an army of C&T fans descending on her throughย social media, telling her what an ungrateful brat she is for refusing the people who sacrificed SO MUCH for her.ย  What I hate about the show and everything that came after is how it really didn't give Carly a real chance to make up her own mind.ย  Throw in the fact that she has full blooded siblings, and it gets even more complicated.ย  Poor girl.

(edited)

Carly truly has a very unique life experience.ย 

Her life has been filmed and broadcast to millions around the world starting before she was even born.ย  And with the internet, clips, photos, and memes will last forever. Then her biological parents stayed together and went on to have multiple other children... so far, all the same gender as her. She will have several full sisters in the world (is it currently two, with one on the way?), who grew up very differently from her.ย 

She will be able to watch the entire TM series and see her biological family over many years.ย 

And then, as an adult, she will be forced to make decisions about what type of relationships she wants with all the folks in her adoptive and biological families.ย ย 

I hope she'll find a way to manage it in a healthy way. It seems like it would be a lot to deal wtih.

eta: she will have to also process the fact that her biological parents chose to have their lives filmed and included information about her after her adoption.ย  Also her adoptive parents agreed to participate to the extent they did. It might be a *tad* bit different if all references to her actual name stoppedย after the adoption (she would then be afforded more privacy).

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 8

My two cents- I do believe Catelynn and Tyler were mislead about what they were actually entitled to regarding the adoption as 16yrs olds. Dawn may not have broken any laws, but I can believe she was just on THIS SIDE of the line regarding things she said. Brandon & Theresa likely expressed intentions they had no plans on keeping, they wanted a baby that badly.ย 

Given how popular Teen Mom became, and how Theresa did seem to form a bond with Catelynn, they were more willing to have Catelynn and Tyler in Carly's life, assuming C&T would follow the guidelines. C & T routinely violated Brandon and Theresa's trust, and requests regarding contact with Carly- due to arrogance, unresolved emotions, I am not sure exactly but I do know they routinely violated their requests.

Yes, Carly is in an interesting situation because her bio parents stayed together, and had more children that are her full siblings, also the attention this show and social media has brought their situation.ย 

Catelynn and Tyler had all the resources in the world after they became adults to work through their issues with Carly, AND B&T were willing to meet them half way-ย if they followed very simple guidelines, they refused. Which tells me its not really about maintaining contact with Carly, its about their ego.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

And a story line that will never end.

Exactly. B&T asked Catelynn and Tyler YEARS ago (at least before Nova was born) to not discuss Carly on the show or social media any more, as she was getting older. They even brought Carly to visit Catelynn & Tyler when Catelynn was pregnant with Nova, and allowed filming (they just didnt show Carly's face), the attended C&T's wedding. They made obvious steps to maintain a relationship, all C&T had to do was say "we dont discuss our bio daughter out of respect to her parents"- the end.ย 

They had PLENTY of other things going on in their life to have a story line.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

My two cents- I do believe Catelynn and Tyler were mislead about what they were actually entitled to regarding the adoption as 16yrs olds. Dawn may not have broken any laws, but I can believe she was just on THIS SIDE of the line regarding things she said. Brandon & Theresa likely expressed intentions they had no plans on keeping, they wanted a baby that badly.ย 

ย 

I'm just curious- why do you think this? I keep reading about how Dawn lied or finessed the truth- but on what basis?

ย 

I know Bethany as an organization has come under fire, but what did Dawn specifically do? The conversations she had with C&T that we were privy to were not misleading in any way. C&T never indicated they were promised anything either.ย 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I'm just curious- why do you think this? I keep reading about how Dawn lied or finessed the truth- but on what basis?

ย 

I know Bethany as an organization has come under fire, but what did Dawn specifically do? The conversations she had with C&T that we were privy to were not misleading in any way. C&T never indicated they were promised anything either.ย 

As an adoptee AND as a social worker, Iโ€™m not sure what people think Dawn should have done differently.ย 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

As an adoptee AND as a social worker, Iโ€™m not sure what people think Dawn should have done differently.ย 

I think Dawn is getting heat because she works for Bethany. A lot of people have grumbled that Bethany is pretty unethical.

ย 

It's not impossible that off camera Dawn was spinning some fantasy to C&T but saying she misled them simply C&T are delusional about Carly is unfair, in my opinion. C&T are delusional about a LOT of things in their lives, it's not a stretch that they would be about Carly as well.

ย 

Also, people tend to forget that Tyler had NO interest in raising Carly at the time. It wasn't even a question. That doesn't mean he wasn't legitimately emotional during the hand off but there was never even an internal struggle with him about placing Carly for adoption. Dawn did not need to sell him a bill of goods. Cate was more attached and had Tyler been willing to consider keeping Carly I am sure she would have done so, but she wanted to keep Tyler happy more.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I think Dawn is getting heat because she works for Bethany. A lot of people have grumbled that Bethany is pretty unethical.

ย 

It's not impossible that off camera Dawn was spinning some fantasy to C&T but saying she misled them simply C&T are delusional about Carly is unfair, in my opinion. C&T are delusional about a LOT of things in their lives, it's not a stretch that they would be about Carly as well.

ย 

Also, people tend to forget that Tyler had NO interest in raising Carly at the time. It wasn't even a question. That doesn't mean he wasn't legitimately emotional during the hand off but there was never even an internal struggle with him about placing Carly for adoption. Dawn did not need to sell him a bill of goods. Cate was more attached and had Tyler been willing to consider keeping Carly I am sure she would have done so, but she wanted to keep Tyler happy more.

I canโ€™t recall that far back, but did they ever consider abortion?

1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

I canโ€™t recall that far back, but did they ever consider abortion?

I don't remember them talking about it. Cate was already 16 weeks pregnant when they started filming and they had clearly decided on adoption.

ย 

Given though how non supportive Butch and April were about adoption (I'll never forget Butch, a guy who has almost no hand in raising his kids because he's been either high or in jail most of their childhoods, and a guy who has no interest in his adult children or grandchildren that aren't on TV, telling Tyler he wasn't "manning up" by keeping Carly), I am sure abortion was never a possibility for Cate.

ย 

C&T were actually both very good kids in the original 16 and pregnant and early TM. They clearly recognized that they were ill suited to raise a baby and seemed honestly thankful for B&T. And B&T, I believe, truly cared about them. I don't think Teresa was keeping in touch with Cate out of obligation- I think she honestly wanted to know how Cate was doing. While I believe their (C&T) extended families made B&T uneasy, I think B&T found the original arrangement of one in person visit a year and pictures once or twice a year completely feasible and would have done it without question if C&T hadn't blown it.

ย 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

ย 

Based on what I remembered of the episodes- Catelynn was under the impression that Dawn was her advocate, when legally no, Dawn worked for Bethanny, Bethanny's goal was to place children for adoption. After the papers were signed (in the parking lot, I felt awful for Catelynn there), Catelynn had all sorts of expectations about her future visits with Carly and Dawn had to explain things to her again.ย 

It could be that Dawn did clearly explain the guidelines and what the actual consequences were of the adoption, and Catelynn just didnt want to listen (denial) but given that Catelynn had something Dawn (and Bethanny as an organization) desperately wanted- a healthy white infant to place for adoption, I can believe Catelynn was mislead. She was an uneducated 16yrs old girl, with no adult support from her family of origin, it would be very easy to mislead her- the power differential was too great.ย 

Where did she get the idea that she would be able to visit Carly regularly etc if she was explicitly told otherwise? B&T originally wanted a closed adoption, but realized they were never going to get a birth mom in 2009 to chose them if they said that, so they amended their preferences.

Why didnt Catelynn have a social worker or something as an advocate for her during this process? Why didnt Bethanny offer her counseling after placement?

1 hour ago, Tatum said:

Given though how non supportive Butch and April were about adoption (I'll never forget Butch, a guy who has almost no hand in raising his kids because he's been either high or in jail most of their childhoods, and a guy who has no interest in his adult children or grandchildren that aren't on TV, telling Tyler he wasn't "manning up" by keeping Carly), I am sure abortion was never a possibility for Cate.

Catelynn did consider abortion, but she said the risk of the complications scared her and she didnt want to have one. April and Butch were damn awful, Catelynn was basically raising Nick, they wanted her to raise another baby too?

ย 

1 hour ago, Tatum said:

Oh I remember 100%. Tyler was the one pushing for the adoption, Catelynn was on the fence.ย 

For the record- I am not insinuating B&T have done ANYTHING wrong. They have been MORE than generous and reasonable with C&T, but as we can see, they value their social media clout over some kind of relationship with Carly, or the chance for their other kids to know Carly before they reach adulthood.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

After the papers were signed (in the parking lot, I felt awful for Catelynn there), Catelynn had all sorts of expectations about her future visits with Carly and Dawn had to explain things to her again.ย 

It could be that Dawn did clearly explain the guidelines and what the actual consequences were of the adoption, and Catelynn just didnt want to listen (denial) but given that Catelynn had something Dawn (and Bethanny as an organization) desperately wanted- a healthy white infant to place for adoption, I can believe Catelynn was mislead. She was an uneducated 16yrs old girl, with no adult support from her family of origin, it would be very easy to mislead her- the power differential was too great.ย 

Where did she get the idea that she would be able to visit Carly regularly

I don't think you're remembering the events of the episode correctly.

ย 

Cate never indicated she expected in person visits. Dawn asked her specifically what her expectations were and Cate said phone calls, pictures, and sending presents at Christmas, all of which was provided to her, at least before she blew it.

ย 

I just went back and watched and Cate doesn't mention in person visits during the parking lot hand off either. She was very emotional and I felt awful for her, but the issue of when she'd see Carly again was not discussed. All she said was, maybe one day when she's older, I'll get to know her. I also did not even see Dawn at the handoff.

ย 

Cate also says that she thinks one day Carly is going to come to her and Tyler and say thank you, and that she is at peace with her decision.

ย 

It's not impossible that Dawn is a lying liar who took advantage of Cate, but I just see nothing to indicate this.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3