Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, Evenshorter said:

Every time I see that this thread is unread, I say ok, today is the announcement that she's pregnant again. How long has it been since she miscarried? And is this number 6? Hasn't she miscarried twice? And I'm in no way saying anything about the number or miscarriages. There were 2 miscarriages, correct? Or was there another one? 

Can you just imagine if it's another girl? Tyler is going to be pouting even though he is the one that determines the sex. Funny how her and Kail are in the reverse situation.

Cate isn't ever going to do anything besides pop out kids. Since she's pregnant all the time. Which there is nothing wrong with, if you took care of your kids and interacted with them.

• Love 10

She was afraid of not chasing her dreams being home with Nova!  Now there’s a baby and...some other kid or something, maybe in the high chair?  And Carly!  How will she *ever* find her passion at this rate???

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, eskimo said:

All this talk about passions...It's great if you have one but not everybody does, and that's Ok.  Normal actually.  A passion is not the same as finding something you like to do, are good at, or is lucrative. I think Cate has the wrong idea that she needs to have something that she is overwhelmed with excitement over in order to enjoy work.  And I'm sure even a person with a genuine passion will tell you that they don't feel constant excitement, and even dread going to work sometimes, just like everybody else.  Also, many people have a passion that they have to pursue on their own time because it doesn't pay the bills.  Regular job, volunteer for passion.  I think this might be part of the reason she's jumping from thing to thing.  It's probably making her feel bad about herself and that something is wrong with her because she hasn't found her unicorn.  I wish Kim or someone else in her life would explain this to her and free her of this idea that she needs to feel passion in order to be happy.  It would probably lift a huge burden off her shoulders.  Right now she has unrealistic expectations and that is so bad for people. 

On a related note, my brother-in-law was laid off from his job around the 2008 recession.  He put in applications everywhere and couldn't find work in his field.  So while he was waiting for something in his field he took a job at a convenience store.  Later he said that it had been one of his favorite jobs ever because he loved interacting with the customers, got to know some of the regulars, and didn't bring the office home with him.  He didn't have a 'passion' for working at a convenience store, but he really enjoyed working there, made a little bit of money, and made a few new friends.  I wish I could talk to her about this. 

You bring up two excellent points.  People do what they have to do to pay the bills. If we can find passion there great, but that’s not always possible.   You can find joy in the simple things in life. You may love to travel, but reading books can take you many places.  Volunteering is also very fulfilling for many.

I have a friend who regularly worked at convenience store jobs.  It was a complete mystery. She had worked in offices, computer positions, law enforcement, etc. but would always end up at the convenience store clerk job.  She told me that she loved that type of job and that’s why she did it.  She doesn’t really need to work anymore, but she works part time at the convenience store!  I’m glad some people enjoy it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

That's just it. She has never had to work a regular job. Passion rarely pays bills, only if you are very very lucky or good at your passion.

Edited by edie3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Another baby is the last thing these particular people need. Oy. Also, there are women who manage to be moms and "pursue their passions" and/or HAVE JOBS! But Cate has very few coping skills, time management skills, skill skills, and is, well, lazy. I'm naturally kinda lazy too! But I gotta work and I'm happier for it. Having another baby doesn't need to mean "everything goes on hold" but for these two I guess it does. I just can't help but wonder what life post the show is going to be with three kids and no one working. (Cause the show has to end eventually right?) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I guess some people would consider being on a realty show a dream job.  Just hanging out, creating some drama, exposing personal information, etc.  If it pays the bills....I can see how it would be appealing. The trouble is that it doesn’t really provide much of a challenge.

I’ve read that as kids grow up, they need a sense of accomplishment.  If you never work hard, struggle, fail and then reach your goal, you never get that. This is why so many rich kids who have everything handed to them are miserable...they are deprived of accomplishing anything on their own.   

I have wondered if the Teen Mom parents are better or worse for being on the show....it’s difficult to say.  

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I bet Ty won't get his boy. 

I just clicked through their IG article on it and you should go to Vegas because you are on a roll!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Just now, TeeMo said:

I watched the video and am so confused - is that Catelynn holding Veda (or whatever the hell her name is) at the end? It looks like a completely different person but that person does appear to be pregnant and Catelynn is otherwise nowhere to be found in the video that I could tell. Here is the photo they posted on Instagram. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLpbv26Aurs/?igshid=1qkn7m6ugm4t2

Edited by TeeMo
2 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

I watched the video and am so confused - is that Catelynn holding Veda (or whatever the hell her name is) at the end? It looks like a completely different person but that person does appear to be pregnant and Catelynn is otherwise nowhere to be found in the video that I could tell. Here is the photo they posted on Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/CLpbv26Aurs/?igshid=1qkn7m6ugm4t2

I think it is Catelynn, in the 2nd picture, it looks like her 

I know we have said this before, but I’m saying it again : Cate needs therapy.   Real therapy  Taking lots of tests, going to a psychic  to see if it’s a boy?? And she wasn’t even pregnant at the time    She needs to stop breeding and find out who she is 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

I know we have said this before, but I’m saying it again : Cate needs therapy.   Real therapy  Taking lots of tests, going to a psychic  to see if it’s a boy?? And she wasn’t even pregnant at the time    She needs to stop breeding and find out who she is 

While I totally agree with you, I don’t think Cate will ever get real, consistent therapy. It would be too hard and make her confront some uncomfortable things about herself. Instead, she will keep having kids that she doesn’t seem to like very much and then complaining that she doesn’t have time for her yet-to-be determined “passion” (because of the aforementioned kids, but she can’t seem to connect the dots on that one). 

I think everyone on all of the teen mom shows would be better off if they had jobs that held them accountable, so they would stop spending so much damn time obsessing over the latest self-created “drama” and being so self-centered.

• Love 15

Is it wrong all I can think about is how old will the new baby be when Cate decides she needs to go back to “rehab” to work on her anxiety or whatever and Tyler will be taking care of three kids while she tries to figure out what “career” she can have that does not require work nor getting off the couch?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, MakingBacon said:

Is it wrong all I can think about is how old will the new baby be when Cate decides she needs to go back to “rehab” to work on her anxiety or whatever and Tyler will be taking care of three kids while she tries to figure out what “career” she can have that does not require work nor getting off the couch?

Nope. I posted a while ago that Cait has babies to get out of having to making other decisions. After watching her now I wonder if Carly wasn't quite so much on accident and she thought having a baby would get her out of deciding what to do after high school. I don’t think she loves being a mother but for whatever reason she won’t make any other decisions and getting pregnant is something she can do and doesn’t seem to mind doing so she does. Once the baby is there and all the Baby Shower/Maternity Photo Shoot/Decorating the Nursery type attention is over I think she gets depressed because she doesn’t really like parenting. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Vayda looks like a vampire 

Novaring looks nice with bangs

Their kids are not cute... oops I know it’s mean 

At least you are being honest and I agree with you

• LOL 4
  • Love 3