Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

These idiots have been on this show too long to claim that they didn’t know how to file taxes. The tax years in question only go back to 2016, by which time they would have been paying taxes on their Teen Mom money for several years. Just proves that money can’t fix stupid.

• Love 7

I couldn't embed but here is a screenshot, a photo of Carly:

Edit: It's midnight here and I just realised the post doesn't have any further information as to who gave the permission for the picture to be posted, so I hope this was ok to post. If not, of course please delete it! I'd hate to wake up in the morning to find out no permission was given and the photo wasn't allowed to be released.

Edit #2: I felt uneasy so I deleted it anyway.

Edited by monicageller
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, monicageller said:

I couldn't embed but here is a screenshot, a photo of Carly:

20200419_001109.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_Hpq5_DKSA6v6eogDtqUKlJS6jGMj6emcAS8s0/?igshid=ob43u68g79x8

Edit: It's midnight here and I just realised the post doesn't have any further information as to who gave the permission for the picture to be posted, so I hope this was ok to post. If not, of course please delete it! I'd hate to wake up in the morning to find out no permission was given and the photo wasn't allowed to be released.

What a cute little girl!  Looks like a Christmas dress and photo.

My guess is no permission was given!!!

This has Tyler and Cate written all over it!T

If they were paid for releasing that photo I'd sue their asses!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

What a cute little girl!  Looks like a Christmas dress and photo.

My guess is no permission was given!!!

This has Tyler and Cate written all over it!T

If they were paid for releasing that photo I'd sue their asses!

Yeah, that's my concern. It says there was, but since there's no proof of that, I'm just going to delete it.

• Love 4

Carly’s last name was incorrect in the original post. I can’t imagine her parents releasing it. Agree it was Catelynn, or Tyler, or another family member that released it.

Who knows?

• Love 4

About that picture.  Is there any way money was made if Tyler or Cate released it?I

The more I think about it the madder I get!

That adopted family has done everything to keep Carly safe from those grifters!

Who's permission???  Cate and Tyler???  Grrrrr.

So reading around the net it seems the picture was picked off of Brandon's sisters FB page by some super sluether!

Since that wasn't a closed fb page..friends only.. the sluether assumed it was posted 'with permission'

All rumors and he said she said!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Apparently, Carly's aunt posted it to one of her social media pages that isn't set to private. Someone went looking and found a recent pic. Sucks because the cat is out of the bag and it's all over the net. 

Ok is this a case of "if you feed the long enough, they start to look like you" because IMO, resembles Teresa.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Video:

Why does the filling between their floor boards look so janky?  I have Pergo floors and mine do not look like that.  I thought Tyler was the Chip Gaines of Michigan???

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Video:

Of course Vaedabutt is drinking juice.  I'm out of the parenting scene these days; what is the current guideline on juice for babies?

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, luvbadtv said:

Of course Vaedabutt is drinking juice.  I'm out of the parenting scene these days; what is the current guideline on juice for babies?

Anecdotal, but my pediatrician only recommends it in small amounts for constipated children. Other than that, milk and water. 

• Love 4
On 5/2/2020 at 10:42 AM, luvbadtv said:

I took care of children for along time. I remember diluting juice with water.

• Love 2

Shut up Catelynn.  You fat fucking pig.  She does this shit for attention, not to be sincere.  She is the worst possible face of adoption.  What a disgusting dig at Non Bio parents.  She can miss me with this nonsense.  Fuck her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

I just rewatched Catelynn’s 16 and Pregnant episode and I’m shocked at both how dysfunctional their homes were and how mature they were for their age. Watching those two brave teenagers cry while talking about how loved Carly will be with her adoptive parents brought me to tears as well. And April and Butch guilting them over their decision saying “all she needs is love” is the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever heard. I’m sure the years he spent in prison won him multiple fatherhood awards as he loved his kids from behind bars. April and her verbal abuse and constantly calling her emotionally wracked child a “bitch” gave me second hand anxiety. Now I’m kind of understanding all of Catelynn’s trauma talk. It was traumatizing to watch  

On a different note, I don’t know how anyone can labor with so many fucking people in the room and your mother and MIL staring at your vagina. I can’t believe how raw this episode is. 

• Love 7
On 5/11/2020 at 12:14 AM, alotmorestupider said:

I just rewatched Catelynn’s 16 and Pregnant episode and I’m shocked at both how dysfunctional their homes were and how mature they were for their age. Watching those two brave teenagers cry while talking about how loved Carly will be with her adoptive parents brought me to tears as well. And April and Butch guilting them over their decision saying “all she needs is love” is the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever heard. I’m sure the years he spent in prison won him multiple fatherhood awards as he loved his kids from behind bars. April and her verbal abuse and constantly calling her emotionally wracked child a “bitch” gave me second hand anxiety. Now I’m kind of understanding all of Catelynn’s trauma talk. It was traumatizing to watch  

On a different note, I don’t know how anyone can labor with so many fucking people in the room and your mother and MIL staring at your vagina. I can’t believe how raw this episode is. 

I can have all the sympathy in the world for the shit Catelynn went thought as a kid and teen, she never asked to be here or have April for a Mom. But she’s a grown woman now who seems to have peaked at the decision to place Carly.

It’s been 11yrs!!! And she’s still posting things like this  

• Love 3

And this one as well. 

Carly’s parents asked you specifically not to post photos of Carly on social media, so you did so with an old photo?? If you had any sense or boundaries you’d have acknowledged her birthday between the two of you and if it was okay with the child’s parents send her a gift and a card. But oh no you need to acknowledge it on social media. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, dariafan said:

They really are assholes 

Yes. This wasn’t for Carly (who I’m 99.9% sure isn’t allowed to look at their social media), or for themselves but for ATTENTION from their followers. 

• Love 18

I wonder just how much Carly knows about these two. I'm certain B&T have worked hard to shelter her from Teen Mom and the train wreck that is her birth parents, but what have her friends seen? 

I can just imagine he at 14 or 15, mouthing off to her parents as teenage girls tend to do, and threatening to go live with her birth parents and then B&T deciding its time to show her... THE FOOTAGE (dun dun dun). After a few episodes of those two assholes, Carly will go downstairs, apologize, and never give her parents trouble again for fear she might get shipped off to the octagon house.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

I always found it to be odd that the adoptive parents allowed Catelynn and Ryan to visit Carly.  Was it a open adoption? My youngest brother put up his daughter for adoption because he was young and also the mom was a pill popper. He does get pictures of her yearly.

• Love 2

Open adoption isn’t legally enforceable, it’s a courtesy, not a legal status.  In order for an adoption to be finalized the birth parents terminate their parental rights.  Everything from then on is up to the legal parents of record (adoptive parents).  Catelynn and Tyler can spout off all they want about open adoption this and that, but it’s not a real thing.  If Brandon and Teresa moved or even changed their phone number, they are under no obligation whatsoever to inform C & T, no matter how much they (C & T) think they are entitled to.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
On 5/20/2020 at 3:46 PM, geauxaway said:

Open adoption isn’t legally enforceable, it’s a courtesy, not a legal status.  In order for an adoption to be finalized the birth parents terminate their parental rights.  Everything from then on is up to the legal parents of record (adoptive parents).  Catelynn and Tyler can spout off all they want about open adoption this and that, but it’s not a real thing.  If Brandon and Teresa moved or even changed their phone number, they are under no obligation whatsoever to inform C & T, no matter how much they (C & T) think they are entitled to.  

I’m believe Catelynn and Tyler know that Carly’s parents can close the adoption at any time (although they weren’t properly informed before Carly was born or placed), and for some reason they haven’t. I think because they have actually formed feelings for Catelynn and Tyler (mostly Catelynn), and at this point they might think closing the adoption can do more harm that good. I’m sure they had no idea when the adopted Carly TM would be a thing. 

I can’t say what I would’ve done had I been in Brandon & Theresa’s shoes. I do believe in a scenario where “Christian guilt” got to them, as they wanted a closed adoption and likely had no intentions of keeping the adoption open once the papers were signed, but they said what they had to say to get a healthy white infant.

And then they saw how Catelynn was being treated by her family, the attention they got on the Pro-Life/Pro-Adoption narrative with Bethany Christian Services (due to the 16 &Pregnant/TM fame) and really got to to know Catelynn and Tyler as people. Then they had Vaeda which means Carly would have at least one full bio sibling out there....... I see how over the years they’ve turned a blind eye to the boundary pushing. 

On 5/20/2020 at 3:33 PM, Nicmar said:

I always found it to be odd that the adoptive parents allowed Catelynn and Ryan to visit Carly.  Was it a open adoption? My youngest brother put up his daughter for adoption because he was young and also the mom was a pill popper. He does get pictures of her yearly.

A fair number of open adoptions allow visits. It’s really up to what the parents want and the child when the child is old enough- and if the bio parents are interested. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, dariafan said:

I wonder what they tell 2 not carlys.     Do they make it sound like 1 day she is going to come live with them ?

I think yes. I really do think Cate thinks Carly is going to live with them want a lot of contact when she turns 18. I honestly don’t think Carly will be that interested in them. Maybe in her siblings but that’s it.

• Love 7
(edited)

In a few years, when Carly is 18, none of the adoption stuff is going to matter - it will all be on Carly to decide. The girl is going to have a real burden to carry as an adult - her entire life, even before birth, has been broadcast for the world to see and she has two full sisters who were raised in another family - a family who happens to be her birth parents.   

It doesn't appear that C&T will be capable of having any sort of healthy relationship with her - in terms of respecting her boundaries. I'm guessing all of this is going to cause her a tremendous amount of stress.  The whole situation is super messy because Carly may want to have relationships with her sibs, but there is virtually no way for her to do that unless it also includes dealing with C&T (unless she waits until she and her sisters are well into adulthood and her sisters are independent from C&T).

I sadly predict that this whole situation is going to cause Carly various levels of grief and frustration over the rest of her life.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 6
On 5/21/2020 at 10:35 AM, galaxychaser said:

If my memory is correct. Didn’t Cate choose Ty over Carly? If she kept Carly Ty was going to leave her? 

Tyler made it clear he did not want to be a parent, and he (along with his Mom) pushed Catelynn towards the adoption. Yes he told Catelynn they were not going to raise Carly together. 

Catelynn in part placed Carly because she knew she would be a raising her as a single mom AND her own home life was so toxic. She was also basically raising her little brother Nick at this point. 

I don’t blame Tyler (or his Mom) for their position- which was ultimately the best thing for Carly, but I think 1. That made Tyler stay with Catelynn partly out of guilt, 2. Catelynn will forever get to play that card with Tyler (see point 1) and 3. Catelynn can do the mental gymnastics to blame Tyler for her placing, Carly, as she had no idea TM would grow to what it was and she would be in the financial position she is in now (in part because she did place Carly). It’s an emotional mess. 

On 5/21/2020 at 12:42 PM, ChristmasJones said:

In a few years, when Carly is 18, none of the adoption stuff is going to matter - it will all be on Carly to decide. The girl is going to have a real burden to carry as an adult - her entire life, even before birth, has been broadcast for the world to see and she has two full sisters who were raised in another family - a family who happens to be her birth parents.   

It doesn't appear that C&T will be capable of having any sort of healthy relationship with her - in terms of respecting her boundaries. I'm guessing all of this is going to cause her a tremendous amount of stress.  The whole situation is super messy because Carly may want to have relationships with her sibs, but there is virtually no way for her to do that unless it also includes dealing with C&T (unless she waits until she and her sisters are well into adulthood and her sisters are independent from C&T).

I sadly predict that this whole situation is going to cause Carly various levels of grief and frustration over the rest of her life.

I agree with you. Whatever Carly wants to do up to her when she’s 18, but I can see anyone having conflicting emotions about the situation. Everyone is an individual and not all adult adoptees feel xyz but I can certainly see Carly “wondering” about Nova & Vaeda while still loving her parents and not thinking “what if”. I think if C&T want to do the right thing by ALL of their children (actual and biological), they will focus on raising Nova and Vaeda and let Carly come to them if she wants later. 

Isn’t Catelynn pregnant again with a boy? Or was that a rumor?

• Love 6
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Catelynn’s most recent promotion of the baby food. It’s a video, why, I don’t know. 

One she isn’t grocery shopping. 2. No one believes she goes home and does any kind of kitchen work 

• Love 4