Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

(edited)
26 minutes ago, LBS said:

I hope they all take the SATs and get into great colleges and get the F out of this cycle.  But I feel that I am being too optimistic.  

MTV is salivating over the idea of having the kids become teen moms and dads, in a few years.  And the kids have no reason to be afraid of getting knocked up, because the MTV paycheck and the ass-kissing fans have been a part of their lives, from the very start.  If Mommy and Daddy live in nice homes, drive nice cars, and have therapy horses, all because they didn't use a condom at 16, why would that give someone like Nova or Jace or whoever a reason to use one, when the time comes?  This next generation doesn't have the same experience the average teenager has, and their parents are too dumb to navigate, and influence them to make good decisions.  They are screwed.

Edited by Billina
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, LBS said:

I hope they all take the SATs and get into great colleges and get the F out of this cycle.  But I feel that I am being too optimistic.  

I would say college is probable for both Bentley and Leah. Gary and Kristina have demonstrated a priority on education, and while Maci...doesn't, she does have Bentley enrolled in the kind of kid appropriate extracurriculars where going to college is just expected. Vaeda and Nova...probably not. I hope they realize what idiots their parents and extended family are, and realize the importance of education, but it just usually doesn't work that way. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Billina said:

MTV is salivating over the idea of having the kids become teen moms and dads, in a few years.  And the kids have no reason to be afraid of getting knocked up, because the MTV paycheck and the ass-kissing fans have been a part of their lives, from the very start.  If Mommy and Daddy live in nice homes, drive nice cars, and have therapy horses, all because they didn't use a condom at 16, why would that give someone like Nova or Jace or whoever a reason to use one, when the time comes?  This next generation doesn't have the same experience the average teenager has, and their parents are too dumb to navigate, and influence them to make good decisions.  They are screwed.

Yep, I've said that in a post a few ways back, that in a few years, at least one of these TM's is gonna become a grandma while this show is still probably taping and airing, and that MTV is just holding onto this by a thread in the hopes this happens.

Sometimes whether it's stressed or not about safe sex, some teens are just going to make the dumb decisions. Wasn't there a girl on 16&P who had teens parents herself and her mom talked to her about safe sex and she still wound up a teen mom herself? I remember the reunion special, dr whateverhisnameis asked her how she will prevent her own daughter from being a teen mom, and every answer the girl gave ("I'll be honest with her," "I'll have talks with her", "I'll talk to her about protection"), he was like "your mom did that with you". I think her name was Samantha?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kaydub said:

Yep, I've said that in a post a few ways back, that in a few years, at least one of these TM's is gonna become a grandma while this show is still probably taping and airing, and that MTV is just holding onto this by a thread in the hopes this happens.

Sometimes whether it's stressed or not about safe sex, some teens are just going to make the dumb decisions. Wasn't there a girl on 16&P who had teens parents herself and her mom talked to her about safe sex and she still wound up a teen mom herself? I remember the reunion special, dr whateverhisnameis asked her how she will prevent her own daughter from being a teen mom, and every answer the girl gave ("I'll be honest with her," "I'll have talks with her", "I'll talk to her about protection"), he was like "your mom did that with you". I think her name was Samantha?

I don't remember that, but Leah TM2 actually was on birth control shortly before she became pregnant (she lapsed on her depo shots about a month prior to conception). It was hinted that Maci got pregnant in the same instance that she lost her virginity. The rest of the girls from TM and TM2 were regularly having unprotected sex with their boyfriends and it's somewhat surprising that were able to not get pregnant for as long as they did.

And considering Bentley and Leah are turning twelve this year...it's really not a stretch that a teen mom grandma is in the cards for this show. I don't think it will be Leah or Bentley though. It feels mean to speculate, but...some of these kids are likelier candidates than others.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Tatum said:

I don't remember that, but Leah TM2 actually was on birth control shortly before she became pregnant (she lapsed on her depo shots about a month prior to conception). It was hinted that Maci got pregnant in the same instance that she lost her virginity. The rest of the girls from TM and TM2 were regularly having unprotected sex with their boyfriends and it's somewhat surprising that were able to not get pregnant for as long as they did.

And considering Bentley and Leah are turning twelve this year...it's really not a stretch that a teen mom grandma is in the cards for this show. I don't think it will be Leah or Bentley though. It feels mean to speculate, but...some of these kids are likelier candidates than others.

Leah's girls are at the top of my list for Most Likely to make Teen Mom a "Teen" Grandma, but Sophia is also up there (though I can see Farrah forcing an abortion on her whether it is what Sophia wants or not because a baby ave the "grandma" title don't really work for Farrah), as well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Leah's girls are at the top of my list for Most Likely to make Teen Mom a "Teen" Grandma, but Sophia is also up there (though I can see Farrah forcing an abortion on her whether it is what Sophia wants or not because a baby ave the "grandma" title don't really work for Farrah), as well.

Gracie and Ali could go either way I think...they could see the dumpster fire that is Leah's life and learn from it. Addie, on the other hand...given the lack of control Leah has over her, the lack of presence of her father in her life, the way Leah gives so much positive reinforcement for looking "cute"...I think Addie is the likeliest to be a teen mom, but since she's so much younger than the rest of the first wave of kids, she may not be the first.

I'm going to hell for this, but my guess is Aubrey or Jace.

Sophia...all the elements are there, but honestly I think any boy is going to run far far way from that mess (the whole Abraham clan).

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

Gracie and Ali could go either way I think...they could see the dumpster fire that is Leah's life and learn from it. Addie, on the other hand...given the lack of control Leah has over her, the lack of presence of her father in her life, the way Leah gives so much positive reinforcement for looking "cute"...I think Addie is the likeliest to be a teen mom, but since she's so much younger than the rest of the first wave of kids, she may not be the first.

I'm going to hell for this, but my guess is Aubrey or Jace.

Sophia...all the elements are there, but honestly I think any boy is going to run far far way from that mess (the whole Abraham clan).

You think Aubrey will be able to find a boyfriend?  🤔

Sorry, I know people will hate me for being mean to kids...

• LOL 1
(edited)
26 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

You think Aubrey will be able to find a boyfriend?  🤔

Sorry, I know people will hate me for being mean to kids...

I feel like Papa Rand might steer Aubree towards college

Sophia is probably gonna be told, "we do not give our bodies away.  That is something that we get PAID for."

Addie & Gracie & Jace & probs the Baltierras and deJesuses (?) will totally be teen parents.

I could see Leah and  Ali turning out okay.  Same w/Kail & Maci's kids.

Edited by teapot
  • Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, teapot said:

I feel like Papa Rand might steer Aubree towards college

Sophia is probably gonna be told, "we do not give our bodies away.  That is something that we get PAID for."

Addie & Gracie & Jace & probs the Baltierras and deJesuses (?) will totally be teen parents.

I could see Leah and  Ali turning out okay.  Same w/Kail & Maci's kids.

Maci’s kids already come from 2 previous generations of teen moms. So odds aren’t great.

And didn’t Randy raise at least 3 daughters who became teen moms?

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 7

The line about trying to guarantee a boy in their next pregnancy really rubs me the wrong way. I know a couple who has 6 kids. The first 5 are all boys and the sixth is a girl. It was common knowledge that they wanted a girl and they kept trying until they got one. Boys 3, 4, and 5 all are pretty messed up and comment about how they weren't wanted and aren't as loved as their little sister. Boy 2 has said a few things here and there but didn't seem as messed up as his younger brothers. If Catelynn and Tyler have another girl, I can only imagine how she is going to feel as she grows up. I have then same concerns about Lux and this 4th son Kailyn is pregnant with.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, druzy said:

She'll probably delete this.

image.png.5b0052f11734c9ae69688e7d74386d60.png

Is he "high" or is he high? I "hate" the "incorrect" use of "quotation marks". (I had a boss who did that in every marketing piece we put out and it still gives me flashbacks.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I know I'm going to Hell for this (among other things), but the card addressed to "Babe" made me wonder if he's, actually, calling her a pig.

81xESre-6lL._SY445_.jpg

You are the hero we need.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
On 3/12/2020 at 6:30 PM, ginger90 said:

2nd picture is a “video”:

It's actually not a bad picture...although she does look she's part of a Real Housewives reunion. Maybe that's the next reality TV gig?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, druzy said:

Why does she think her great grandmother is going to die? Is she sick or does Cate think that all senior citizens die from Coronavirus? 

In fairness, for a lot of people, sick or not, being 88 does mean feeling like any day could be the last day.

I guess she could be sick, but my guess is that she's high risk so she voluntarily avoids the trashtastic duo that can't be bothered to shower or clean under their nails.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Is the great grandmother laying on the floor inside that house? Why are the two adult goons in that pic looking down? "Oh, sorry you can't get off the floor grandma but we can't come in because...virus! Uh, BYE."

This dumb ass “link in bio” is about Carly now being seen less on the show, and her parents wanting her to have privacy.

So, when was she last ON the show, besides being talked about?

The article also mentions Catelynn being “anti vax”, and posting that the virus is a hoax. I don’t recall seeing anything like that. I hate these stories for clicks. Normally I don’t read them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Tyler and Cate are in for a world of hurt when this show ends...I believe they piss through the money as fast as it comes in.  I feel for Nova and Vaeda...it's going to be hard adjusting from the octagon House to a trailer park over the next few years.

• Love 3

First, she really needs to get into speech therapy. There is no shame in it, but I'm sure Tyler is the kind of parent who refuses because of the arrogance "there ain't nothing wrong with a child of mine" mentality.

Second, is that young girl wearing makeup? I don't get these teen moms' obsession with maturing their kids so early.

• Love 7
On 3/13/2020 at 10:06 AM, SweetieDarling said:

I know I'm going to Hell for this (among other things), but the card addressed to "Babe" made me wonder if he's, actually, calling her a pig.

81xESre-6lL._SY445_.jpg

That piggy is way cuter than Cate.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3