Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

I know they didn't know they would have the financial means but it did turn out that way.   They did a lot of talking about how they wanted to go get college degrees, be young, etc.   They didn't get college degrees, their relationship looks like pure misery, and if they had kept Carly it all would have worked out.   

What exactly would have worked out by not placing Carly for adoption? They would have still been too young, immature with a weird (read: screwed up) family dynamic. Nothing but time, maturity and experience prepares you for that. Money might solve many problems, but it won't save Catelynn and Tyler from themselves.

• Love 2
What exactly would have worked out by not placing Carly for adoption? They would have still been too young, immature with a weird (read: screwed up) family dynamic. Nothing but time, maturity and experience prepares you for that. Money might solve many problems, but it won't save Catelynn and Tyler from themselves.

What would have worked out is that they could have had their own life with their kid, she wouldn't have had to live with Butch or April.    They are still young and screwed up, their family is exactly the same as it was before.   They are no more mature or educated now than they were back then.  They said a million times it wasn't good enough for Carly but somehow it's okay for the new baby?    What exactly is different now?   

• Love 1

I think this pregnancy is Cate's Hail Mary to keep Tyler from leaving her. She probably thinks that if she has this baby she's locking him down, whether he will ever marry her or not he will always be connected to her through that kid. And now that they're 5 or so years older they must be more mature....even though they are not. Just cos you have more money does not mean you're magically mature. It just means you're an immature twenty-something with a house and the ability to pay your bills. I just don't see how the hot/cold nature of their relationship on Tyler's end is going to translate into being a decent parent. If he isn't feeling Cate anymore it might just bug him the fuck out having to raise a baby together.  That's a ton of stress on people who actually do love each other, nevermind if you really don't. It's gonna bring all sorts of crazy shit to the surface I bet.

• Love 9

I wonder what will happen when the money dries up. Why didn't they go to college or get careers like they said they were? 5 years later they're still sitting around doing nothing. And now a baby has to be part of this bs. I would think giving up Carly and coming from a f up family would inspire these kids to do better. But it looks like it hasn't. Catlin and Tyler are no better than their own parents except without the drugs and jail.

• Love 3

They're probably sworn to tabloid secrecy since chances are MTV was filming the birth and up til currently. Gawd forbid anyone leak details first about their own baby!

I still stand by my original post upthread. This baby is going to make Cate and Tyler's relationship implode.

• Love 1

The baby's name is Nova. It is one of the better of the teen mom names. They didn't name Carly, Carly's parents named her.

I am guessing there will be no pics until they are paid for them, but it is a little weird for Carly that she has a full sister out there now that she will (hopefully) not know until they are grown.

I agree that Brandon and Teresa should close it up now. In all reality, Catelyn and Tyler will be very busy with Nova and she will probably be their focus. As it should be.

The baby's name is Nova. It is one of the better of the teen mom names. They didn't name Carly, Carly's parents named her.

I am guessing there will be no pics until they are paid for them, but it is a little weird for Carly that she has a full sister out there now that she will (hopefully) not know until they are grown.

I agree that Brandon and Teresa should close it up now. In all reality, Catelyn and Tyler will be very busy with Nova and she will probably be their focus. As it should be.

But cam they legally do that? I do hope they close it. Or at least limit contact. Caitlin and Tyler think they're her parents and raising Carly then get mad when Brandon and Theresa refuse to be apart of their bullshit

I am not an expert but there was lots of discussion on the TwoP board about how Brandon&Theresa could shut down the "open" part of the "open adoption" any time. And indeed that any adoptive parents could and it is disingenuous of adoption agencies to convince birth parents that open adoptions can continue to exist in general if the adoptive parents do not want them to.

• Love 3

I remember Tyler getting mad over something B and T (an event that Carly could care less about) would not commit to and yelling "we GAVE them Carly!". He just doesn't get it. I am thinking at one point they were telling themselves the adoption was only a temporary situation. Am I that far off the mark?

• Love 4

I don't recall them acting like Carly's adoption was temporary but they did talk about BrandonandTeresa like they were foster parents. There was a lot of future plans that included Carly inappropriately.

There was another girl, Ashley Salazar, that expected the adoption to be temporary and is still struggling with it. She has had a second child.

Its my understanding the open adoptions are based on courtesy and not law. The parents permit visits and contact. However, they can stop at any time without any consequences. I'm not an expert and I may have formed this opinion over at TWOP.

• Love 5

I remember Tyler getting mad over something B and T (an event that Carly could care less about) would not commit to and yelling "we GAVE them Carly!". He just doesn't get it. I am thinking at one point they were telling themselves the adoption was only a temporary situation. Am I that far off the mark?

I want to say that bullshit happened over their high school graduation ceremony. And you're totally right, Carly wouldn't care about that at all. Neither really would Brandon and Teresa. It was nice of them to let Cate and Tyler stay involved for Carly's baby/toddler years but I think at this point they really should close that up and not talk about it until either Carly asks, or she's in her teens. I doubt she will actually remember Cate or Tyler and any of their visits/gifts. Especially since they were such a minimal part of her life til that point. A visit a few times a year does not a parent make.

Also....Nova? Meh, I wasn't too impressed with that name with Brianna's TM3 experience, and I still am not. But at least they didn't go with some version of Carly, which would have been totally creepy.

• Love 6

Open adoption is not legally enforceable. It is an unwritten agreement between the adoptive and bio parents. It seemed like B and T were starting to close it up more and more as time went on, particularly with social media. I don't blame them one bit. It was probably a mistake to allow filming even when Carly was a year old.

I do hope that they get busy with Nova and stop focusing on Carly. It's creepy.

I agree with the above poster who said adoption agencies owe the birth parents the truth about open adoption. They really do make it sound like the adoptive parents are not the parents. I get that they make money based on adopting kids out and not by birth parents choosing to keep them, but be honest.

• Love 3

Open adoption is not legally enforceable. It is an unwritten agreement between the adoptive and bio parents. It seemed like B and T were starting to close it up more and more as time went on, particularly with social media. I don't blame them one bit. It was probably a mistake to allow filming even when Carly was a year old.

I do hope that they get busy with Nova and stop focusing on Carly. It's creepy.

I agree with the above poster who said adoption agencies owe the birth parents the truth about open adoption. They really do make it sound like the adoptive parents are not the parents. I get that they make money based on adopting kids out and not by birth parents choosing to keep them, but be honest.

Wow didn't know this. I thought open adoption was a legal contract between the birth parents and the adoptive parents. One day Carly will know about her birth parents and will seek them out if she wants to, but for now Catelynn and Tyler just need to butt out.

Now why would this chick get pregnant again??? Why didn't Tyler wear a condom?? They are what 22 and still has no education, degree or career

• Love 1

Wow didn't know this. I thought open adoption was a legal contract between the birth parents and the adoptive parents. One day Carly will know about her birth parents and will seek them out if she wants to, but for now Catelynn and Tyler just need to butt out.

Now why would this chick get pregnant again??? Why didn't Tyler wear a condom?? They are what 22 and still has no education, degree or career

About the open adoption, I thought so too!  Not that I've gone through that process but I always thought it was a contractual thing. I do feel bad for any bio parents who thought the same and gave up their children for adoption then found out "nope! Just kidding about that whole open thing." I agree C&T just need to stay out of it though. I think it's cool if they get pictures once in awhile, but hope they don't insert themselves into Carly's life too much.

Pregnant again question - I think she said somewhere along the way that now they're "ready" while they weren't ready before. I don't think he wore a condom because I don't think it was unplanned, in my opinion from what I've read in various stories about them (however reliable those are).

• Love 1
Also....Nova? Meh, I wasn't too impressed with that name with Brianna's TM3 experience, and I still am not.

Thank you! I thought I heard that name on the other Teen Mom. I'm sure they watch them all, so it's kind of odd that they chose the same name. 

• Love 2

Think about it this way: if open adoption was a contract, it would mean that the child is what is being bargained for. You can't contract for a human. In fact, depending on the state, there is a time frame during which a birth parent can take back their child from the adoptive parents (the adoption is not considered final till after this time frame, then the final paperwork is done).  Open adoption is completely up to the discretion of the legal parents, and they can change it at whim. There is nothing (that I'm aware of) that the birth parents can do once the adoption is finalized (maybe if the birth parents are legitimately doing something illegal, i.e. abuse, then report them, but they have no rights as parents anymore).

• Love 3

They own their home, both are working full-time, they own 2 cars, etc. they seem to be satisfied with their crappy hometown, so in their eyes they're ready for the baby. IMHO they are indeed much better off than they were when they had Carly.

Eh.....I know plenty of folks that have kids before they are perfectly ready financially. Most of them would have never had them until they had a great portforlio. Including my own young parents but they worked their way up on just one income so I'm not going to judge them for THAT. But other things..you bet.    

Think about it this way: if open adoption was a contract, it would mean that the child is what is being bargained for. You can't contract for a human.

Eh, that's what custody battles and visitation rights are, legally enforceable contracts over humans.

I came to lurk and check in on C&T. A little disappointed, but in their world having a child at 22 is probably having kids at an older age. I hope that this birth helps them move pass the grieving they seem to be stuck in over Carly and inspires them to get their lives together and break the cycle of poverty. They could be successful without college degrees, especially if Tyler learned a trade, but they haven't shown much motivation up this this point.

• Love 1

Eh, that's what custody battles and visitation rights are, legally enforceable contracts over humans.

I came to lurk and check in on C&T. A little disappointed, but in their world having a child at 22 is probably having kids at an older age. I hope that this birth helps them move pass the grieving they seem to be stuck in over Carly and inspires them to get their lives together and break the cycle of poverty. They could be successful without college degrees, especially if Tyler learned a trade, but they haven't shown much motivation up this this point.

Which why I don't get why they had another child. You gave the first one up so she didn't have to go through what you been through but 5 years later no college degree, career, all the things they said they were going to do 5 years ago. They just need to break up

• Love 3

It's a little different when you're talking about making a deal to adopt your child. "You can adopt her if you send pictures every month." Etc. Regardless, open adoptions are just loose agreements between two people and not legally enforceable contracts.

• Love 2
Which why I don't get why they had another child. You gave the first one up so she didn't have to go through what you been through but 5 years later no college degree, career, all the things they said they were going to do 5 years ago. They just need to break up

I do wish they had stuck with the college thing, but it's really not for everybody. I think the difference is - five years ago they were still living at home and dependent on nutcases Butch and April. At least now they have their own place and can provide for themselves, and would be able to keep a baby out the daily family drama. I still don't think those two should be having a baby - not together anyway. Catelynn is a needy leech and Tyler seems alternately terrified of staying with her and leaving her. But as far as their actual living situation goes, I understand why they may now feel they are ready. 

• Love 3

It's a little different when you're talking about making a deal to adopt your child. "You can adopt her if you send pictures every month." Etc. Regardless, open adoptions are just loose agreements between two people and not legally enforceable contracts.

So if adoptive mom feels like bio mom should see adoptive child it's over just like that

Yes, that "adoptive" mom is now the only MOM. The child's birth certificate now lists adoptive parents only.

Thanks, I don't know much about open adopting. I foster which is totally different. I always though it was more like a legal contract between the two. I think sometimes it's best if bio parents let go and allow the child the life they couldn't provide

Yup. And in this case rightly so. Cate and Tyler overstepped their bounds along time ago.

I really didn't like how some fans attacked Brandon and Theresa. I believe Catelynn wanted more letters or time with Carly and kept calling Carly her baby. Then they got mad about the picture thing on social media. So I agree they both overstep their boundaries a long time ago

Tyler and Catelynn getting so pissed about Brandon and Teresa wanting them to keep Carly off of social media was when I really lost it with those two. I had been defensive of them for so long. But their attitude about the whole thing really showed a selfish, entitled side that I did not like. It was almost as if they thought they had done B&T this big favor and the latter owed them for life. No. Carly is THEIR kid, they make the rules. I post pics of my kids on FB and my profile is locked up tight. Twenty friends, super private. I can totally understand B&T not wanting their daughter blasted all over the place when anyone could see the pictures. Not to mention the way Ty and Cate kind of use her to prop themselves up. It's a part of them, I know, but they really need to move on.

• Love 7

I'm confused. I just read that Catelynn gave birth today. So why are there comments here that she already had the baby and named her Nova?

I've seen nothing about her having the baby until today.

I wonder if Theresa and Brandon have to deal with people saying shit like "look, its Tyler and Catelynn's daughter" when they are out in public. I've always wondered about that. Putting themselves on TV was probably a mistake. They are pretty recognizable to fans of the show.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1

Catelynn & Tyler both posted that Catelynn was in labor today. They also referred to the baby as "Baby V". No idea where you all got that she already had the baby or named her Nova.

• Love 1

You know, maybe if Catelynn would consider a Batman themed wedding, Tyler wouldn't be so reluctant to marry her. He could dress up as Batman, "Alfred" could marry them, his best man would be Robin, etc. And then they could all have pizza, because Tyler loves pizza. Because for Catelynn to get anything she wants, it must all be on Tyler's terms.

• Love 3
(edited)

Catelynn and Tyler have written a tell-all book called "Conquering Chaos," according to the Daily Mail.  There's just something so pure and wonderful about young love.

"Her smile lights up the room.. and she's got bigger tits than any other girl"

Catelynn says they were "banging in his mom's trailer. Once we'd done it once, we were doing it all the time!"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2977883/We-turned-crazy-horny-teenagers-got-high-cough-syrup-Ecstasy-16-Pregnant-Teen-Mom-couple-Catelynn-Tyler-reveal-secrets-trailer-park-past-new-book.html

The book is published by the same company that released Kailyn's book, "Pride Over Pity" and Amber's "Never Too Late."

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 1