Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Lemons said:

People do "leave their child" when they go into a hospital.  I'm just wondering who chose this place because it wasn't her and it was inappropriate which is why she was no better when she left.  She has a mental illness which is hard enough but to then have people who don't know her claim she "leaves her child" to go to a spa is ridiculous.  It's ignorant

Facts are facts. They are not ignorant. 

Cate chose the place and she continues to leave her child to go back to the spa.

The spa didn't want her back. They said the next step was to stay local and attend outpatient therapy. She refused. See Season Finale Season 7a for the footage.

Tyler wanted her to attend outpatient therapy as well. Cate chose not to.

Cate also stated on Kail's podcast and other interviews that she chose to go to Sierra in Arizona.

Catelynn has always been candid about her struggles with anxiety and depression -- and during tonight's Teen Mom OG episode, the young parent tearfully told Tyler and her producer Jessica that she was "not okay" and bravely admitted that she needed to seek out mental help.

During the filming of this installment, the Michigan native was open about her decision on social media -- and posted updates during her treatment as well as when she left the Arizona facility. But looking back, what made Catelynn express her desire to take time for herself to address these lingering issues?

"I decided I needed to get help from talking with Tyler and realizing that I maybe needed something more intense for myself," Cate told MTV News, as seen in the clip above, while adding that getting away and focusing solely on herself were also other factors that she considered. "For some reason, I just had a light bulb moment where I was like, 'Maybe I need extra help.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 17

He made an excellent point. He's continually swamped with everyone in his life and their freaking issues. When he asks for a damn break from all of these asshats and their neverending drama he gets bitched at for being selfish. I don't blame him a bit, I would have likely told these ingrates to f-off long before now. Yes I get that he can be ridiculous but, he's put up with MORE than his fair share of shit. 

• Love 24

Tyler would have been much better off without Teen Mom.   He could have split with Catelynn (or stayed together) and figured out something to do with his life.  Perhaps some kind of work that he found meaningful even if it didn't pay big bucks, like the house renovation business.   But instead, he's got all this money and fame and it's like they tell you about winning the lottery -- every relative will come out of the woodwork with a hand out -- and he got suckered down that rabbit hole of never-ending neediness and inappropriate expectation.   Without Teen Mom money, Tyler's family probably wouldn't have been expecting him to bail them out of jail, send them to spas, buy them boobies and trucks, etc., etc. ... I may be mixing up who's bought whom what, but you get the idea.  He may have also been able to have the ability to really work on his own issues and learn how to set boundaries.   

I'm a lot older than Tyler but I would not be able to stand Cate's neediness.   Before I learned how to set boundaries and say no to certain family members (and they weren't imposing on me nearly to the level that Tyler's family imposes on him), I was feeling like I couldn't breathe every time I was around my family members for more than a day or so.   I would never have been able to live with them full time.  Since I learned that it was my responsibility to set boundaries that I'm comfortable with and to stick to those boundaries even though it will be incredibly tough for awhile, my relationship with these folks has changed dramatically.     I wish that Tyler could learn this, but it'll be tough for him to break an already established pattern and to do while living with such an energy suck 24/7.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I think Dr. Drew is actually very good at getting to the core of people.  He wants to know why they are separating - is it to decide if they are getting a divorce?  No, they say..  Well then why do you need time away from your loved ones?  If Tyler wants to go on a vacation - camping or whatever, because he needs a little time to himself, then that sounds great.  But he is not asking for a vacation, he is asking for a separation.  What is the point??  To find yourself?  You can find yourself without being away from your family.  Also, are you trying to find unmarried -self?  That is a whole other thing. 

He can figure out all of these things while still being a husband and a father - because he IS a husband and a father - these are things you are.  If you are not sure what to do, as in what occupation you would like to have - you can do that at home. 

If you don't want to be a married person any more, then that is one thing, but he says he wants to be married but away from his wife.  That makes zero sense.  I am guessing because he is hiding his true feelings, wanting a divorce.  Otherwise, what is he looking for?  That is what Dr. Drew was getting at.

Normally I could agree to some extent, but I think with Tyler and Cate it is completely different.  Number one, she gets up and leaves any time she claims she needs extra help, so we can hardly judge Tyler for wanting to finally take some space for himself of his choosing.  Secondly, there are other people that take separations of some kind or another for the sake of their marriage.  It isn't entirely common, but also not unheard of.  And lastly as others have said, he is surrounded by dysfunctional people (including Cate).  At some point the only way he can find himself is by taking some time away from the crazy people.  I have to give him some credit for remaining somewhat sane with all of the situations and people he has dealt with his whole life.  I do think he will leave Cate eventually when he realizes that is the only way he will truly grow as a person and move forward productively in life.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2D3EF437-DB20-4C1B-B8F7-08E31BA4FB0E.jpeg

There is nothing about this post that makes any sense. Tyler is a dumb person's idea of what a smart person sounds like. 

On 1/3/2019 at 2:30 PM, Lemons said:

People do "leave their child" when they go into a hospital.  I'm just wondering who chose this place because it wasn't her and it was inappropriate which is why she was no better when she left.  She has a mental illness which is hard enough but to then have people who don't know her claim she "leaves her child" to go to a spa is ridiculous.  It's ignorant. 

As has been pointed out, Cate did chose the facility she went to and she ignored advice from "the spa" AND pleas from her husband and child to at least try seeking help locally with the reasoning that that wasn't what she felt like doing (essentially). If someone with cancer (for example) chose to seek non-specialized treatment hundreds of miles away from her young child and expected the child and her partner/co-parent to be fine with brief Facetime sessions whenever it was convenient (because 'she can't be on the phone all day' (when she's got a massage and gourmet dinner scheduled)), I would totally think she was being selfish.

And even though, to me, abandoning Nova is the crux of the problem, even if Nova weren't in the picture and Ty was telling her that he wants/needs for her to at least try local outpatient treatment for a week because he needs her to be more present as an emotional support/business partner/whatever, I would think it's selfish of her to refuse. Illness, whether mental or physical, isn't a catchall excuse for being totally self-involved, especially when one has a partner who is really trying to be supportive (and even more so when one has a young child).

On 1/3/2019 at 3:01 PM, ghoulina said:

I think Tyler is having a very hard time figuring out those things while at home, being a husband and father, because when Cate's around - it's ALWAYS about Cate. We've seen how any time he brings up any mental health issues that he's having, she jumps right in with "being triggered" and all her other nonsense. There's no room for the dude to breathe. 

Personally, I think they should just permanently split. I believe that's ultimately what Tyler wants. But there's a lot of guilt, obligation, and fear stopping him from fully going there. So Instead he just wants a month to himself. I think a large part of it is resentment. Cate has had multiple months away. So why I can't I have mine? That's what he's thinking. 

I'm not saying all of his choices are fair or mature; but I get it. I think it would be very hard to do serious work on himself with her around. 

Yes, exactly. Tyler is explicitly saying, "I NEED SUPPORT! I FEEL LIKE YOU (AND EVERYONE ELSE) DON'T CARE ABOUT MY FEELINGS! I'M OVERWHELMED!" and Cate's response is, "Waaaah, you're making me feel bad for getting treatment for my issues! I have PTSD from my bad childhood! I can't deal! How can you be so mean and insensitive to try to make me?! Waah!"

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 23

Tyler babbles hoping to sound mature and all knowing!  He comes off Dumb and Dumber!  He seems bright enough to get himself some schooling.  Btw did Tyler even get his high school diploma?  I can't remember!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

E7C7D119-7E89-4090-AA7E-60081F4AB966.jpeg

A5AD605E-F77D-447E-92BA-E0303A3D21DC.jpeg

If my memory serves me, he also had to nearly beg Catelynn to finish school because she didn’t want to bother because Tyler finished a semester earlier than her (she had to take summer school) and she couldn’t motivate herself to go to class if CL+TB 4-Eva couldn’t pass googly eyes in the classes together.

She can’t do ANYTHING without Tyler by her side being her caregiver in one form or another.

• Love 14

Remember when Tyler and Cate said they dreamed of going to college but they didn't have the money so people started a fund and gave them I think either 13k or 30k which they never returned.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, druzy said:

Remember when Tyler and Cate said they dreamed of going to college but they didn't have the money so people started a fund and gave them I think either 13k or 30k which they never returned.

Wow I never knew about that!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Wow I never knew about that!

The Teen Mom College Fund

Teen Mom's Catelynn and Tyler have won us over, exhibiting strength and maturity in the face of hardship, and they've expressed a desire to continue their schooling. So we've decided to help them raise some cash for their college education.

For the next two weeks, we will be accepting donations via PayPal; these contributions will go to a private account and then be given to Catelynn and Tyler. Obviously we can't guarantee that they'll use the cash to pay for college, but they've demonstrated their strong decision-making skills in the past, and we trust that they'll put the money to good use.

Site raises 15k for Teen Mom's Catelynn & Tyler's College Fund

Jezebel started a college fund for Teen Mom‘s Tyler Baltierra and Catelynn Lowell for fans to donate to help them afford their dream of a college education. After two weeks of collecting, $15,000 was raised!

Catelynn and Tyler gave their daughter Carly up for adoption in order to give her a better life and shared their story on MTV’s Teen Mom. More than anything, Catelynn and Tyler want to work hard to earn a college education.

In order to help them out, Jezebel started a fund for fans to donate and the results were well worth it, raising $15,000.

Jezebel reports that Catelynn and Tyler will share the money equally and $5,000 total will be put toward Barnes & Noble for textbooks and the rest will be put into a client-trust account.

And when Jezebel’s Editor-in-Chief texted Tyler the news, he responded with a lot of excitement that the site shared for those who donated.

“I’m in school right now. i get out at 3, i do have to say ur one of the most amazing ppl i have met in a long time,” Tyler wrote. “Ur generous gift leaves me breathless i swear! Its amazing what u have done for ppl u never met, but every inspirational.”

Jezebel also reports that Tyler is almost done with high school and will be started at Baker College in January hoping to major in human services to get into social work or HR.

Catelynn is set to graduate high school in March. She does not know about her college plans yet, but wants to do something in law enforcement.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 14
On 1/5/2019 at 8:34 AM, Chris Knight said:

Say what ?!?!

But what if whoever this “they “ are is the truth ?? Tyler is saying he isn’t going to accept it.   I was starting to feel bad for him too 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Video, 2 clips.

@ginger90, thanks for this! I am so excited to rip Cate apart for besmirching the good name of the holiness that is “Friends.” 

Dear Cate,

I think the word you are looking for is “imagination.” You’d know the difference if you ever bothered to read a single article, blog, magazine or book about raising kids. 

Personality traits are observable and typically describe specific facets of a person (kind, generous, gregarious) when someone is interacting with another person. You’re sitting on your arse and filming your daughter instead of engaging with her. 

Put. Down. Your. Phone. 

Now!

In video #2, how is that relative to one of THE best TV shows in the history of the world? 

Also, the characters on “Friends” all have much better names than Tezlee. There’s still time to change your mind, unless you’re letting Tyler choose the name because you’re desperate to keep him. (Oh wait...)

Phoebe Buffay played the guitar. Nova did not. Also, I still can’t understand a single word your four year old says. (There. I said it!) I am not professing that Nova needs help with XYZ, but what I do know is that most four year olds are somewhat easy to understand. Nova is not.

If you’d watch your own damn show, like your husband and your “counselors” have asked you to do, you’d see that the editors have to rely on their own version of closed captions when Nova speaks. The closed captioning setting on my TV reads “unintelligible.” I’m simply presenting facts. Please start talking to her like she’s a human, not a parrot. 

My 18 month old niece can say her name, clear as day. Her name is Eleanor. She pronounces the “r” like an adult does. Both of her parents work full time and she also has a four month old brother, Angus. Her parents do this silly thing called “reading to her.” They read several books to her in the morning and again at night. She is also read to at daycare and they don’t refer to it as pre-school.

Signed,

Someone who was actually Made (and born at Hutzel Women’s Hospital) in Detroit  

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 21
On 12/13/2018 at 1:19 PM, Kellyee said:

I actually don't think the relationship is dead. I think they both need to work on themselves, and I think Caitlynn needs a huge lesson in being responsible for yourself and managing your mental illness on a daily basis. I think Tyler needs to work on life goals and not being everyone's caretaker. But I don't really think the situation is hopeless, IF they can both grow up and start owning their crap, they could come back together. I have more hope for Tyler than Caitlynn in this regard. 

I do wonder if Caitlynn got pregnant again because she saw that Tyler was checking out, and used another baby as an anchor to him. 

You hit the proverbial nail on the head: Catelynn HAS to learn to manage her illness on an outpatient basis.  It isn't reasonable to repeatedly spend months as an inpatient; sooner or later the MTV gravy train will come to a permanent halt.  I can see Cate still going back and forth to the spa years into the future. 

Her getting pregnant again was a very poor decision IMO, she's almost certainly going to develop gestational diabetes on top of everything else. 

• Love 8
On 1/3/2019 at 6:59 AM, Calm81 said:

Omg! I clicked on their list of treatments and they have Kratom on there. Kratom isn’t anything anyone needs treatment from. Okay, Cate, nice spa you went to!!! 😆🙄

There's an ongoing war against kratom right now. I stopped taking oxycodone 4 times a day and now use kratom (around 25 grams) every day instead. Lots of bad kratom info out there.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

There's an ongoing war against kratom right now. I stopped taking oxycodone 4 times a day and now use kratom (around 25 grams) every day instead. Lots of bad kratom info out there.

And it’s a bitch to order Kratom online. I have to use various payment methods or most are out of stock, lately.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

It seems like Nova is being used more and more as a prop in their photos and videos.  Doesn’t look like she is wearing  Tierra Reign clothing.  Is that business done?

They still haven’t released the collection referenced here:

6F01CCA4-D293-4983-8021-FF2A80F25433.jpeg

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They still haven’t released the collection referenced here:

6F01CCA4-D293-4983-8021-FF2A80F25433.jpeg

Yikes!  That’s a long time, and over the holidays no less.  I’d say they’re dunzo.  Not shocking at all!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Calm81 said:

And it’s a bitch to order Kratom online. I have to use various payment methods or most are out of stock, lately.

The place I order from still takes Amazon payments (either pay with Amazon card or credit card stored in Amazon). But yes, between shipments being held up by the FDA or DEA and people panicking and hoarding orders, suppliers are running out quickly. 

Back on topic...

Yes, I was under the impression that CATE chose the spa treatment center herself. If it's subpar then, IMO, that's on her. She could've gone elsewhere. After the first stint, she could have made the choice not to return. Cate has been been given tools time and time again to help her deal with her mental health issues (and I do believe she has some). It does not appear as though she has taken any of the advice or used the tools she's been supplied with. 

• Love 5

So I’m just kinda busting into this thread that I’m pages behind on because I’m watching season 2 and HOLY SHIT, KINKOS KATHLEEN WAS THEIR “COUPLES THERAPIST” EVEN BACK THEN! Sorry if this isn’t news but it is to me. She was just as useless then...I legit can’t believe she’s been “working with” them since at least 2010. Great work, Kath! And they had the same damn issues in season 2. Right after proposing Tyler is all “we shouldn’t even be engaged” and constantly ‘long sufferingly’ questioning their relationship while still going along with it in his ‘martyr’ fashion already. Also...Catelynn was so annoying, I’m talking really fucking annoying. And, frankly, somehow she looked even dowdier as a teen than she does even now. And the finger eating was already a thing. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, monicageller said:

@Bridget, your post about Phoebe inspired me to realise that Tyler and 'his' 'poetry' is just Ross with his 'sound'.

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

I feel quite strongly that we should collaborate and put together a Friends trivia/challenge/interactive game that is submitted to Cate via social media. The goal should be to prevent her from EVER referencing that show again. I’ve no idea what the hell Nova was saying, but it definitely wasn’t “Smelly Cat.” 

PS: Check out the sweatshirt I found on Amazon this morning. I already ordered mine for next Christmas. I realize December is a warmer month for you, but you need this. It’s actually quite warm during here during Dec too, but the nights do bring some chilly temps, which I seriously do love.

84C86B39-5B6E-4BD5-B43D-8531050E566B.jpeg

• Love 9

Someone else already said it before but I’ll say it again, Tyler is David fucking Silver.

XXXXL clothing and all.

C95F0A98-AB24-408D-83AC-6133468923F3.jpeg

I could literally see Tyler doing this song just like this, he needs to find his passion for music next.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Someone else already said it before but I’ll say it again, Tyler is David fucking Silver.

XXXXL clothing and all.

C95F0A98-AB24-408D-83AC-6133468923F3.jpeg

I could literally see Tyler doing this song just like this, he needs to find his passion for music next.

I am dying right now!  I can barely type!  

• Love 6