Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Aradea said:

Ok I literally just made an account so i could post this. But WHAT IN GOODS GREEN EARTH has Caitlyn been doing at therapy for the last billion years if someone JUST NOW told her her mental illness stems from ptsd from her childhood and pregnancies( apodtion trauma and then more recently the miscarriage. Like No  f*ckng shit sherlock! Plus she acts like this is some breakthrough. Is it going to change how her treatment plan looks? Anxiety and depression meds dont care if you were diagnosed with PTSD or not. Meds are still either gonna work for you or not. It still going to be a process to find not only the right medicine but the right dosage and balance of meds. There isnt some magic ptsd medicine. And if she is meaning it will effect what kind of therapy she is doing, I guess it goes back to my original question. What in the hell was she doing in therapy at the spa this whole time?

Fixed it for you! 

She was too busy skipping classes, watching movies and brushing a horse’s mane to actually participate and reap the benefits. 😉

Was it just me or when Cate talked about a tandem spa trip, and mentioned that it was in AZ, she worded it like this:

“...it’s in Se-doh-na(?), Arizona....”

It was almost as if there was an invisible question mark after the word Sedona, like she’d never heard of the place or knew nothing about it.  Please. She probably has her mail forwarded to a PO Box in AZ and researches different spas all over the state to see where she can go when Sierra Tucson finally tells her to bugger off. (I seriously wonder if their business has picked up or if it’s declined since it’s gotten so much free advertising on the show.)

She sounded just like a kid speaking to their parents: “There’s this park that I heard about that’s supposed to be so fun! All of my friends have gone there and loved it. They were never happier than when they were there. I think it’s called Diz-nee Land?”

PS: Welcome to the board!

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, luvbadtv said:

Tyler needs to keep the animals and Cate out of his nice clean house.  I wouldn't want the dog poops on my floor after that hard work.

Is animals code for his sister and her friends?

The house looks great but who is going to clean and maintain it?  

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Maybe Tyler stays w Cate because he needs the MTV funds for his home renovations. Doesn't explain the new baby though. I can't understand why someone so clearly disgusted with a spouse would knock them up again.

He seems so miserable this season. Makes no sense to me at all that they are having another kid. 

• Love 11

It was so hard to choose which thread to post this in.

I debated between Karl's thread, Jeremey and Auj Poj from Little People Big World, the Kardashians, Whitney Thore, and Mariah and Meri from Sister Wives. There are probably many others that would be appropriate.

I decided to go with this one because Cate is a big mental health advocate. Maybe she will read here and use this important information in her efforts.

Excessive Posting of Selfies is Associated with Increased Narcissism

A research study studied personality changes over the course of four months.

Narcissism is a personality characteristic that can involve grandiose exhibitionism, beliefs relating to entitlement, and exploiting others.

[The results of this study showed that] Those who used social media excessively, through visual postings, displayed an average 25% increase in such narcissistic traits over the four months of the study.

"There have been suggestions of links between narcissism and the use of visual postings on social media, such as Facebook, but, until this study, it was not known if narcissists use this form of social media more, or whether using such platforms is associated with the subsequent growth in narcissism.

"The results of this study suggest that both occur, but show that posting selfies can increase narcissism."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/11/181109112655.htm

full study here: https://www.benthamopen.com/FULLTEXT/TOPSYJ-11-163

• Love 6

I really need to see some better photos of this bathroom so I can get a better sense of what his "vision" is.  That light fixture in the dining room is very cool, but the table and bench seating isn't for me.

Do we think that the rest of the house looks like Pinterest threw up all over it?  An explosion of HGTV?  Will there be shiplap in every room? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I'm glad to see Tyler doing something, and I think it's remarkable what he has done with that octagon house.  He has put so much work into that place and much of it he has done himself.  At least he is doing something productive. 

Home renovation is enjoyable and it is addictive.  I'm in the middle of renovating a tiny house that I got for free, and I'm quite enjoying working on it.  

Maybe Tyler can turn this into a career. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

Maybe Tyler can turn this into a career. 

Maybe.  But I have feeling that he wants to be in charge and I don’t think he has it in him to realize another person’s design.  I also think his taste level might be suspect.  It’s one thing when you are designing your own house, but it’s quite another when you are working for someone else.

• Love 10

I was watching a video on Youtube about a man rescuing an injured baby deer and then sending it back to the wild when it was strong enough. Then this adoption video popped up in my feed. I found myself thinking about C&T and Carly. The story in this video reveals the complex emotions of everyone involved in the adoption process, 20 years after the baby was adopted. It was interesting because in this video, the adoptee was also able to see some media coverage of her birth parents. Much, much less than will be available to Carly, though.

• Love 4
On 11/22/2018 at 8:59 PM, Aradea said:

Ok I literally just made an account so i could post this. But WHAT IN GOODS GREEN EARTH has Caitlyn been doing at therapy for the last billion years if someone JUST NOW told her her mental illness stems from ptsd from her childhood and pregnancies( apodtion trauma and then more recently the miscarriage. Like No  f*ckng shit sherlock! Plus she acts like this is some breakthrough. Is it going to change how her treatment plan looks? Anxiety and depression meds dont care if you were diagnosed with PTSD or not. Meds are still either gonna work for you or not. It still going to be a process to find not only the right medicine but the right dosage and balance of meds. There isnt some magic ptsd medicine. And if she is meaning it will effect what kind of therapy she is doing, I guess it goes back to my original question. What in the hell was she doing in therapy this whole time?

Nothing is going to work for her until she works on herself. Accepts the past, forgives the people who 'wronged' her and work on making herself a better human being. As of right now she is worse than Amber because she wants to blame everyone else, yes, for the past they were to blame, but the way everyone else's pain is not as meaningful as hers and she has the means and the support to work to make herself better but all she does is live in the past. Yes, I know nothing about giving up my child, but they both didn't use protection, they both knew how to get pregnant, and I hate to say this but I think she did it to get out of the house and away from April and Butch and it backfired. There I said it. So..... she did it to get out of the house but then her man made her give the baby up, so it made things worse. Why would you want to get pregnant with the life that they were living?

• Love 8

I know there are videos of Tyler putting up a ceiling fixture etc. and I think it's great that he is involved with the renovation. However, I believe he did not do the majority of the work.    

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:

What is the thing with horns on the little girls wall????

I don't know but I do know my own girl (now a young woman) would have been unhappy, as a little girl, with a hide on her floor. (Is that what that rug is supposed to be?)

• Love 9

All this therapy for cate to find herself and really it did kids good for Tyler than her.

without cate there Tyler has truly startled to blossom. He has become a good father, is working on his home all the time, doing manual labor, running their “business” with TR. he lost weight ,worked out, and I think he come to terms he was mislead during the adoption process. Lastly even though it’s euper corny he’s writing poetry! 

If anyone benefitted from her spa trip it was tylerveho is seeing he can be a better person without all of cates Drams all the time 

am TVs hind 

• Love 7

One additional note;

if Tyler has a interest in working why direct he take cates spa money and put it towards college take a writing class! 

Or do a real business like flipping houses! Besides him and Gary no one else has business trying this career out (amber!! You have no business flipping houses if you are not handy and sit in the couch all day but luckily these two guys are handy! 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, druzy said:

Just in case anyone is wondering what happened to Amber's boyfriend Billy (Amber is Tyler's sister)

image.thumb.png.bba0b96cf8369df1afc62dcdf165b9ef.png

Well that is pleasant.  I thought he was her husband not boyfriend.  Didn’t she have the same last name as him?

• Love 6

Nova’s room looks like it’s more for a pre-teen to me ( minus the teepee) but at least Tyler puts his energy into something.  Did i hear Cate in that video? Uh slug...what exactly did YOU do to help ?  Nothing I’m sure.  Cate was prolly holding down the couch. 

* Tyler is wasting years of his life with a partner he can’t stand

• Love 12
On 11/24/2018 at 9:04 AM, Marisagf said:

I really need to see some better photos of this bathroom so I can get a better sense of what his "vision" is.  That light fixture in the dining room is very cool, but the table and bench seating isn't for me.

I dont like bench seating either. It bothers my back. And I'm fairly healthy and of average weight. Imagine Slouch Catelyn sitting there, with her 500 lb chest, yikes !

On 11/25/2018 at 6:10 PM, druzy said:

Just in case anyone is wondering what happened to Amber's boyfriend Billy (Amber is Tyler's sister)

Now I've heard everything. Good god, these people..

• Love 5

I can just imagine the scene Cate made when Tyler told her he wanted a separation... She probably had a complete meltdown.... How could she not see how unhappy Tyler was in their marriage?  Everyone in America can see how unhappy he was; except Cate...how sad...

• Love 14
On 11/24/2018 at 10:04 AM, Marisagf said:

It is period for the house though.  They may, in the future, find a nice sitting room couch and push that into place for the elders and use the second bench in another way.

21 hours ago, KittyKat133 said:

Tyler has truly startled to blossom. He has become a good father, is working on his home all the time, doing manual labor, running their “business” with TR. he lost weight ,worked out, and I think he come to terms he was mislead during the adoption process. Lastly even though it’s euper corny he’s writing poetry! 

I have always had a soft spot for Tyler.  He is 26 now and despite his problems with family he is coming into his own.  College isn't for everyone but I could see him getting a journeyman's card in a number of fields.

Nova's bedroom is cute and can transform into a tween then teen room quite easily.  Horns in kid's rooms is very millennial.  All my nieces/nephews have animal head made of paper, wood or ceramic in their kids/infant rooms.  Not for me though.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:

Tyler tried to break up with her a long time ago on couples therapy anyone remember????

Go back even farther than that. When he tried to break up with her over phone calls to a boyfriend in Florida. 

Cate was calling an old boyfriend,  not Tyler.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Go back even farther than that. When he tried to break up with her over phone calls to a boyfriend in Florida. 

Cate was calling an old boyfriend,  not Tyler.

I do!!!!! That’s when the first trap baby cane! Nova! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, jumper sage said:

It is period for the house though.  They may, in the future, find a nice sitting room couch and push that into place for the elders and use the second bench in another way.

I have always had a soft spot for Tyler.  He is 26 now and despite his problems with family he is coming into his own.  College isn't for everyone but I could see him getting a journeyman's card in a number of fields.

Nova's bedroom is cute and can transform into a tween then teen room quite easily.  Horns in kid's rooms is very millennial.  All my nieces/nephews have animal head made of paper, wood or ceramic in their kids/infant rooms.  Not for me though.

Although I enjoy making fun of him for his various "passions", at least he puts forth SOME effort. I have always felt that Tyler was directionless and with some guidance and mentoring he might be capable of actually making something of his life. Unlike Amber and Matt's "house flipping" endeavors, for instance, he's put some real effort into fixing up his homes. We may not like his decor, but at least he's trying. We KNOW Cate's not doing that shit. And Nova Reign clothes may be a notch over Cracker Barrel's finest, but unlike Amber's "boss lady" storefront, he DID have a hand in designing them. He's tried to rise above the way he was raised and is attempting to make something of his life, whereas Cate just seems to be on an unending cycle of drama. 

Don't get me wrong. I hate the way he acts towards B&T and I'm not a fan of the things that he's produced (the clothing, the television special, his"poetry", etc) but I DO appreciate the fact that he's actually trying to produce something. 

• Love 22
On 11/25/2018 at 7:10 PM, druzy said:

LMAO!!!!! Ya know it's funny that Tyler's mom Kim supported Amber having kids so young but not her son. I recall seeing toys and play houses all over . Not that they SHOULD have kept Carly but it seems a lil sketchy to me. 

The timeline was awfully wonky this week. I wonder if Cate is on her own now.She clearly was not happy about that. 

I like the house though. I did my master in that blue too. Of course I added a touch a fairy dust to make it glitter;) I also used light blue in our lower kitchen and living room for my Dad. It really brightened up that level.

• Love 5
On 11/12/2018 at 11:25 PM, DangerousMinds said:

I think coffee is the least of her problems. Sounds a lot like Starbucks to me.:)

Ha ha, yeah, on the list of things that fall under Cate's umbrella of issues I think coffee is way down there. 

To be honest, that's the only way I can drink coffee. I have to put enough sugar and flavors in there to make me think it's hot chocolate. 

• Love 7