Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, eskimo said:

I'll just leave this here....

25659799_548729605495963_5737312226767232184_n.jpg

What memories Leah will have of her mother will be negative, depressing, full of tears, anger, and moments of her giving her expensive gifts.

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, SPLAIN said:

What memories Leah will have of her mother will be negative, depressing, full of tears, anger, and moments of her giving her expensive gifts.

Because every nine year old living in Gary Indiana loves to have a coach bag over quality time with their mother that would rather cry over dregs of society while living like a sloth.

Keep the expensive gifts coming, Auntie Amber, the high school years when the bratty age is amplified are just around the corner. A new car may silence her true feelings for you at sixteen.

• Love 17
13 hours ago, eskimo said:

I'll just leave this here....

25659799_548729605495963_5737312226767232184_n.jpg

Ok so I got confused and thought Amber posted this and you were reposting it. I kept thinking, wait, even the Hypocrisy and Cognitive Dissonance Queen can't be dumb enough to post this!!!!! 

That took me way too long to figure out...

• Love 11
1 hour ago, SPLAIN said:

The sad thing is that depending on Leah's individual personality and experiences, she may not even realize or be able to face how negative it is.  After the initial year post-separation where we shared 40/60% custody, my ex moved away to live with a childless woman and sees the kids 4 days a month.  One kid is very angry at him and the other takes whatever crumbs he throws her way and defends his every action.  She just can't face the reality of what has happened to her.  She'll justify his forgetting visitation or not being at a function because it's just too painful for her to accept the reality.  I feel very badly for Leah.  Even with one parent present and attentive, the damage that a parent like Amber does is awful.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Ok so I got confused and thought Amber posted this and you were reposting it. I kept thinking, wait, even the Hypocrisy and Cognitive Dissonance Queen can't be dumb enough to post this!!!!! 

That took me way too long to figure out...

I didn't think about that!  I probably would have thought the same thing.  Maybe I should have put "Dear Amber", instead.  I think I'll fix that.  :)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, allienc said:

The sad thing is that depending on Leah's individual personality and experiences, she may not even realize or be able to face how negative it is.  After the initial year post-separation where we shared 40/60% custody, my ex moved away to live with a childless woman and sees the kids 4 days a month.  One kid is very angry at him and the other takes whatever crumbs he throws her way and defends his every action.  She just can't face the reality of what has happened to her.  She'll justify his forgetting visitation or not being at a function because it's just too painful for her to accept the reality.  I feel very badly for Leah.  Even with one parent present and attentive, the damage that a parent like Amber does is awful.

I meant, Leah's memories of looking back at her mother will be how Amber was negative, angry, full of tears, depressed, and occasionally gave her an expensive gift.

I am not sure how Leah will feel in a few years when she is old enough to touch upon the situation with the mind of a teenager and start to recognize the situation for what it is, especially when the new baby arrives. That will throw a wrench into an already fucked up situation where Amber barely acknowledges her first child.

ETA: I have been meaning to post this link. This is Amber. Her dream is to be a couch:

My Strange Addiction: I Want To Be a Sofa

I kid you not.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Obviously New Matt is tall. Amber answered a tweet about his height, he's 6'7". Just thought I'd mention it ☺

It’s hard to determine height when we only see the guy lounging on the sofa. 

• Love 16

Has Amber publicly addressed how/why she got pregnant? I thought she had an implant or something to prevent pregnancy because she would have to go off of her psych meds to carry a child. I vaguely remember her saying something on the show about how she couldn't have another kid (at least for the time being) because of that. So did she intentionally remove the implant (or whatever) in order to get pregnant? If so, why? I mean, I know there's no good reason why, but did she and NotMatt decide to have a baby or was she just off birth control and didn't think about it or what?

• Love 9
11 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

I meant, Leah's memories of looking back at her mother will be how Amber was negative, angry, full of tears, depressed, and occasionally gave her an expensive gift.

I am not sure how Leah will feel in a few years when she is old enough to touch upon the situation with the mind of a teenager and start to recognize the situation for what it is, especially when the new baby arrives. That will throw a wrench into an already fucked up situation where Amber barely acknowledges her first child.

ETA: I have been meaning to post this link. This is Amber. Her dream is to be a couch:

My Strange Addiction: I Want To Be a Sofa

I kid you not.

Lmao!!! I honestly thought it was going to be a real episode until my ? went off and told me it was a spoof. Cute. I liked Nova, she was hysterically sarcastic!! ?

I can see Amber like that. Spends all hours on caking on her makeup like Olympia just to sit around and be a couch. Creepy show!

1 hour ago, TheRealT said:

Has Amber publicly addressed how/why she got pregnant? I thought she had an implant or something to prevent pregnancy because she would have to go off of her psych meds to carry a child. I vaguely remember her saying something on the show about how she couldn't have another kid (at least for the time being) because of that. So did she intentionally remove the implant (or whatever) in order to get pregnant? If so, why? I mean, I know there's no good reason why, but did she and NotMatt decide to have a baby or was she just off birth control and didn't think about it or what?

I’m wondering if she truly thought she snagged a man from “Hollywood” who had a real career with a strong family name and purposely got pregnant BEFORE running her fake background check to find out he’s got some domestic skeletons and was easy to quit his cinetography job to move to Indiana to live off MTVs tit. You KNOW the WANT ads aren’t looking for his type in Indiana. Pfft!!! 

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, allienc said:

Yep.   My cousin had her son when she was sixteen and her two daughters in her twenties.  She barely parents any of them.  Her son was raised by her mother and her daughters are primarily raised by her fathers and also her mother.  She's a mess.  She does see them occasionally, MAYBE once a week on a good week.  They worship her. They will happily take whatever crumbs she throws their way.  It's really, really sad. 

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, Birdee said:

And now all of Leah's classmates know she sleeps with a stuffed turtle. Not everything has to go online, Ambie. 

Right?!?! She’s NINE!

But can we really blame Amber? I mean, she’s new at this parenting thing and the last time she spent more than a few solid weeks with Leah, she was a toddler that went to sleep with a blankie.

• Love 13
On 1/6/2018 at 8:49 AM, Snarky McSnarky said:

I think "Boo Boo" should be retired some time before Leah graduates High School.  Kids will soon be mocking her, if they already haven't.

On 1/6/2018 at 10:11 AM, Brooklynista said:

What would you have Amber do? Remember the child's real name??

I am wondering if "Booger Butt" is on the birth certificate somewhere as part of Leah's legal name? That poor kid on the playground at school!

Will that be the name on any invitations that Amber hires someone else to send out because in 20 years, she will STILL not want Leah to see her when she is sad/crying/upset

Can you even freakin imagine?

Please join us at the marriage of

Booger Butt Shirley

and.........

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Bridget said:

I am wondering if "Booger Butt" is on the birth certificate somewhere as part of Leah's legal name? That poor kid on the playground at school!

Will that be the name on any invitations that Amber hires someone else to send out because in 20 years, she will STILL not want Leah to see her when she is sad/crying/upset

Can you even freakin imagine?

Please join us at the marriage of

Booger Butt Shirley

and.........

Seriously. When Leah is crying or upset, does Amber say "Booooger Butttt, don't cryyy" in a sad voice?

• Love 10
Just now, Lm2162 said:

Seriously. When Leah is crying or upset, does Amber say "Booooger Butttt, don't cryyy" in a sad voice?

God forbid she is a model for BB and shows her healthy ways to express her feelings. I am dying to know if Amber goes to therapy, and if so, how regularly?!?!

We all feel great after a good cry (then again, we aren't nine years old), but I get the feeling Amber's whole joke of "how to be a Boss Lady" fantasy in her head is all about "be tough on the outside, never show your feelings or figure out why you are mad/sad/frustrated and how to deal with emotions"...you know, like a healthy and well adjusted person.I

Thank God for Kristina and Gary because Leah is about one more episode away (rightfully so) from resenting her bio mom for the next 30 years. I do wonder if they have Leah in therapy or if she is seeing a child psych, not that it would be public info. It would do wonders for her, especially since WE are seeing some majorly desperate cries for attention, like when L followed A to the bathroom in the restaurant just to spend time with her. My heart broke for Leah in that moment.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

God forbid she is a model for BB and shows her healthy ways to express her feelings. I am dying to know if Amber goes to therapy, and if so, how regularly?!?!

We all feel great after a good cry (then again, we aren't nine years old), but I get the feeling Amber's whole joke of "how to be a Boss Lady" fantasy in her head is all about "be tough on the outside, never show your feelings or figure out why you are mad/sad/frustrated and how to deal with emotions"...you know, like a healthy and well adjusted person.I

Thank God for Kristina and Gary because Leah is about one more episode away (rightfully so) from resenting her bio mom for the next 30 years. I do wonder if they have Leah in therapy or if she is seeing a child psych, not that it would be public info. It would do wonders for her, especially since WE are seeing some majorly desperate cries for attention, like when L followed A to the bathroom in the restaurant just to spend time with her. My heart broke for Leah in that moment.

Those were some honest fears of abandonment Leah was having about her mother being showcased for all viewers to see. Sad when it’s her reality and just our viewing pleasure. We can turn the tv off. Leah will have to deal with it for a long time. This show is pissing me off. Amber shouldn’t be rewarded a comfortable lifestyle for being selfish and lazy. ?

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

That moment just gutted me. I'm glad she has Gary and Kristina too; but the truth is, no matter how awesome they are, that won't erase the shit that Amber has done. Or not done. Poor Leah. 

• Love 17
On 1/6/2018 at 5:19 PM, mamadrama said:

I kind of assumed it was a rental. Maci does the same thing, though, and so do some of the other girls. It's actually in most of the reality show participants contracts that they don't have anything on the walls. When we filmed, we had to remove any posters/prints/etc because of it. But then, we only filmed for 3 days. For someone filming so often I would have to find some other form of decoration. I couldn't leave it so bare. 

That would drive me crazy!! My walls can't be empty. 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, gunderda said:

It's also one of the problems that these design shows have. They have to get permission for most of the artwork that goes on a wall. For the shows with bigger budgets, that's not so bad. For things like "Design Star" and the older "Trading Spaces", however, they usually resorted to creating their own pieces since it was cheaper and faster. 

And I agree. Long-term renter here. Didn't live in a house my family owned until I was 32 and we moved a total of 27 times in my childhood and early adulthood. Never had bare walls. They make me insane. The only time a homeowner had an issue with hanging things on the wall was when we rented a historical house with a dining room that had solid oak walls (it was photographed in a state design magazine). Owners simply asked that we use the existing nails in that room and not to put in our own.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

It's also one of the problems that these design shows have. They have to get permission for most of the artwork that goes on a wall. For the shows with bigger budgets, that's not so bad. For things like "Design Star" and the older "Trading Spaces", however, they usually resorted to creating their own pieces since it was cheaper and faster. 

And I agree. Long-term renter here. Didn't live in a house my family owned until I was 32 and we moved a total of 27 times in my childhood and early adulthood. Never had bare walls. They make me insane. The only time a homeowner had an issue with hanging things on the wall was when we rented a historical house with a dining room that had solid oak walls (it was photographed in a state design magazine). Owners simply asked that we use the existing nails in that room and not to put in our own.

I did always wonder why they made really ugly homemade artwork on Trading Spaces! haha

• Love 10
7 hours ago, gunderda said:

My mom's biggest pet peeve of this show is they have NOTHING ON THE WALLS!  And that's why she thinks it's so easy for them to move all the time ?.

She's going to laugh when I tell her it's on purpose (mostly). 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

My mom's biggest pet peeve of this show is they have NOTHING ON THE WALLS!  And that's why she thinks it's so easy for them to move all the time ?.

She's going to laugh when I tell her it's on purpose (mostly). 

Nothing on the walls but at least they mostly have sheets on the beds these days. Remember the early years when we'd see Amber's bed or Cate's bed and they'd basically be sleeping on bare mattresses with a blanket thrown over them? OMG. How?!

• Love 14
3 hours ago, druzy said:

Oh shit. Thanks for sharing. 

“Does she want her story shared to Amber?” Means can we have this chick ambush Amber?

11/7 was right after the People Magazine pregnancy announcement spread. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

“Does she want her story shared to Amber?” Means can we have this chick ambush Amber?

Again?  Like Matt's, I mean Jeff's, tattoo chick?  Not even Amber deserves that again.  Not to mention, she's pregnant and off her meds.  I just don't think she could handle it being broadcasted.  Leah, Gary, and Kristina shouldn't have to either.  Don't get me wrong, Amber has made another screwed up decision with this one and that's all on her.  Mtv doesn't have to push her off the ledge because of it though.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MissMel said:

Again?  Like Matt's, I mean Jeff's, tattoo chick?  Not even Amber deserves that again.  Not to mention, she's pregnant and off her meds.  I just don't think she could handle it being broadcasted.  Leah, Gary, and Kristina shouldn't have to either.  Don't get me wrong, Amber has made another screwed up decision with this one and that's all on her.  Mtv doesn't have to push her off the ledge because of it though.  

Not only does Amber not need this shit, especially right now as she is pregnant, but what does it really accomplish? She isn't leaving this guy. She is having his baby. She told Matt, "I love you" after all that he had done and she helped him by excusing his behavior and telling all the haters to fuck off! Same shit, different guy. She will do the same for Andrew. In fact, he is better in her eyes because he has a verified Twitter account, he is smart, and he has no children.

Can someone help me with the Amber, Matt, Andrew timeline? I am particularly curious about the timeline when Matt announced he got married and when Amber announced her pregnancy. Thanks in advance.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

What I'm confused about is how the hell Amber made it two years without getting pregnant by Matt. 

Neither one of them wanted kids.

He bathed Amber. Having sex with her was a different story. 

She was always passed out on the couch or in bed. Matt is not into necrophilia. 

Or what @CofCinci posted. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9
On January 9, 2018 at 8:59 PM, Lm2162 said:

What I'm confused about is how the hell Amber made it two years without getting pregnant by Matt. 

On January 9, 2018 at 9:32 PM, CofCinci said:

I think he got a vasectomy after the 11th child. 

He either got a vasectomy or realized that since Amber doesn't leave the couch/bed, there was no way he was going to get away with not having to do the work of parenting any kid they had together (especially if he wanted yo stay on MTV with the baby as their storyline). Plus, Matt was basically taking care of a small child anyway with Amber. He just didn't want to have to parent Amber and another infant.

On January 11, 2018 at 8:27 AM, CofCinci said:

Buddies, is this a re-enacted scene?  I can’t imagine them being so calm (unless they’re enjoying benzos). 

@CofCinci, I just want you to know I LOVE when you address us as "Buddies!" I read it in the Minions' voice. :)

As for their calmness, I say - why not both? It was probably a reenactment while they were on benzos (or worse.....it seems NewMatt had himself a heroin problem before). 

Also, I feel like Andrew is some kind of blend of half Matt and half Gary who was then made giant-sized. Amber has herself a (physical) type.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 12

I dont know WHY but I’m convinced NewMatt is gay and he and Amber have some sort of a deal. He gets some $$$ and she gets someone to claim paternity for Matt’s spawn. And they can hang together in the house and not leave the couch forever and after.

Or Amber’s clueless and Andrew is laughing all the way to the bank. Either way: MAJOR gaydar going off.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

@CofCinci

Also, I feel like Andrew is some kind of blend of half Matt and half Gary who was then made giant-sized. Amber has herself a (physical) type.

I'm still trying to figure NuMatt out. Obviously, he's fucked up. That's a given for any guy in a relationship with Amber. I read some of his friend's AMA on Reddit and he painted him as more emotional, dramatic, and generally fucked up than violent, scheming, or dangerous. Reading that, I felt like he's probably in more danger from Amber than vice versa. In the little I've seen of him on the show, he seems less sleazy than OriginalRecipe Matt, but that's not saying much. I guess it's good that he seems to come from a family of some means and to have some work experience and marketable skills.

What really matters is where he'll stand when things inevitably fall apart with Amber and Baby James needs a parent to step up, à la Gary, or even before that when the baby needs someone to take care of him while Amber is dealing with her own drama (including having been off her psych meds for almost a year). Maybe his parents have the desire and capacity to raise a grandchild, so they can step in if he can't take care of the child on his own (I don't think it's remotely possible that Amber will be able to be a single parent to an infant. I don't even believe that she could be an effective/reasonable co-parent, but there is NO WAY she could even keep an infant alive on her own, though I guess she could hire a nanny if no one else was available.).

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Cephalosapien said:

I dont know WHY but I’m convinced NewMatt is gay and he and Amber have some sort of a deal. He gets some $$$ and she gets someone to claim paternity for Matt’s spawn. And they can hang together in the house and not leave the couch forever and after.

Or Amber’s clueless and Andrew is laughing all the way to the bank. Either way: MAJOR gaydar going off.

Andrew has a documented history of violence against his female partners. 

I do wonder if the baby could be Matt’s. As soon as the baby is born, I’m going to one of those due date calculator websites and subtracting 40 weeks. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TheRealT said:

I'm still trying to figure NuMatt out. Obviously, he's fucked up. That's a given for any guy in a relationship with Amber. I read some of his friend's AMA on Reddit and he painted him as more emotional, dramatic, and generally fucked up than violent, scheming, or dangerous. Reading that, I felt like he's probably in more danger from Amber than vice versa. In the little I've seen of him on the show, he seems less sleazy than OriginalRecipe Matt, but that's not saying much. I guess it's good that he seems to come from a family of some means and to have some work experience and marketable skills.

I am trying to figure that out, too. Seems like with his work in in television, he'd be able to hook someone a little higher up on the totem poll. Say, maybe a D-lister. If he was going for the fringe fame benefits then it seems like he'd want someone with higher earning power, someone with the likelihood of getting a spinoff. I don't really get him either. If I were a bottom feeder and I wanted to find someone to hitch my wagon to, I'd find someone with a)  deep pockets b) networking potential (someone who knows other famous people outside of their own show)  c) is part of the "scene" so that I can get out and be seen and possibly catch the attention of someone who matters d) isn't so firmly rooted aware from Hollywood or NYC (Amber isn't going anywhere any time soon because she still has to keep up the facade of motherhood). Sure, Amber makes more than most of us, but she also has some heavy debts and it's not nearly as much as what some people in TVLand are making. 

Most of all, I am having trouble believing that some guy, someone who's been around beautiful and fairly talented people all his life, saw AMBER and got a boner. 

• Love 13
37 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Andrew has a documented history of violence against his female partners.

What did he do to his former partners? I'm not arguing that he didn't do anything, but I'm genuinely curious. As I understood it from his friend's AMA (an admittedly questionable source), he had some kind of charge(s) for stalking (or something), but it was based on him obsessing over an ex in some non-violent way (not that that makes it ok).

13 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I am trying to figure that out, too. Seems like with his work in in television, he'd be able to hook someone a little higher up on the totem poll. Say, maybe a D-lister. If he was going for the fringe fame benefits then it seems like he'd want someone with higher earning power, someone with the likelihood of getting a spinoff. I don't really get him either. If I were a bottom feeder and I wanted to find someone to hitch my wagon to, I'd find someone with a)  deep pockets b) networking potential (someone who knows other famous people outside of their own show)  c) is part of the "scene" so that I can get out and be seen and possibly catch the attention of someone who matters d) isn't so firmly rooted aware from Hollywood or NYC (Amber isn't going anywhere any time soon because she still has to keep up the facade of motherhood). Sure, Amber makes more than most of us, but she also has some heavy debts and it's not nearly as much as what some people in TVLand are making. 

Most of all, I am having trouble believing that some guy, someone who's been around beautiful and fairly talented people all his life, saw AMBER and got a boner. 

I think anyone can get a boner for anyone and Amber is at least somewhat attractive. I don't think a healthy, together guy would hear her story and decide he's attracted to her, but I could see how a fucked up guy like NuMatt could.

As far as his romantic options in Hollywood, I wouldn't assume that even D-list starlets would be lining up around the block for him. He's nobody professionally and only marginally attractive with an average personality (at best). There's no accounting for taste, so it's possible that someone richer/more famous than Amber would fall for him, but I wouldn't count on that at all if I were him. I kind of buy that he was genuinely drawn to Amber for whatever reason (he is a train wreck himself) and sincerely pursued a relationship with her based on that.

Thus far, to me, he seems like someone who is genuinely fucked up and thinks that his relationship with Amber is a good idea, in contrast to Matt, who, to me, seemed like he was always scheming/not sincerely into his relationship with Amber. Time will tell.

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

As far as his romantic options in Hollywood, I wouldn't assume that even D-list starlets would be lining up around the block for him. He's nobody professionally and only marginally attractive with an average personality (at best).

You might be surprised. He's a behind-the-scenes guy and even the low-level cameramen and producers get a lot of action. With people like Mike Flannagan going from reality tv cameramen to big-time producers with profitable films, it isn't hard for those folks to find women who are hoping to find the next big thing. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TheRealT said:

What did he do to his former partners? I'm not arguing that he didn't do anything, but I'm genuinely curious. As I understood it from his friend's AMA (an admittedly questionable source), he had some kind of charge(s) for stalking (or something), but it was based on him obsessing over an ex in some non-violent way (not that that makes it ok).

I think anyone can get a boner for anyone and Amber is at least somewhat attractive. I don't think a healthy, together guy would hear her story and decide he's attracted to her, but I could see how a fucked up guy like NuMatt could.

As far as his romantic options in Hollywood, I wouldn't assume that even D-list starlets would be lining up around the block for him. He's nobody professionally and only marginally attractive with an average personality (at best). There's no accounting for taste, so it's possible that someone richer/more famous than Amber would fall for him, but I wouldn't count on that at all if I were him. I kind of buy that he was genuinely drawn to Amber for whatever reason (he is a train wreck himself) and sincerely pursued a relationship with her based on that.

Thus far, to me, he seems like someone who is genuinely fucked up and thinks that his relationship with Amber is a good idea, in contrast to Matt, who, to me, seemed like he was always scheming/not sincerely into his relationship with Amber. Time will tell.

I think Amber also plays up the Tragic Femme Fatale thing and acts vulnerable on camera. As we've said before here, she thinks she's Marilyn Monroe. He says he was drawn to her the first day when she told her full life story or whatever. I think she draws in guys like Matt or Andrew who want to imagine they're rescuing a younger damsel in distress and that they have something to offer a woman, especially in her 20s. Being with someone who presents herself as tragic and misunderstood is an easy way to do that. It might be hard for US to see that, but I think she could snow an older guy if she wanted, especially one with his own baggage and demons. 

I AM pretty bitter about the fact that I sometimes went weeks or months without a date in undergrad and, while I am admittedly really into Madame Alexander dolls and will never have a thigh gap, I'm not all that awful. Meanwhile, deadbeat mom/felon/Matt-ex Amber goes to Marriage Boot Camp and snags a date the first day...

Anyway, I'm calling it now: I don't think Amber and Matt are actually done for good. What do y'all think? 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 11

I sincerely hope Amber and New Matt’s baby is healthy.

I wonder when the episodes of Marriage Boot Camp will be shown, and I wish I could watch it. That will be a bunch of fake shit for sure. 

Remember the interview Amber did that was filmed? It was just her, no Matt, and consisted of a bunch of lies.

• Love 5