Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I'm betting these girls aren't making as much money as the Teen Mom girls, and they're aren't as famous. Long term, they will be just as bad. They have all the signs of being just as stupid as the idiots in Teen Mom. Its just a question of who ends up with a second baby first, and who makes it to 3 babies by 3 daddies before their 30th birthday.

My vote for the first girl to have another child is Lilly.  Did you see her little smirk when James said that one child was enough?  That girl will be pregnant again within a year or two.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, NinaH said:

I hope Shayden is away long enough for Lexus to get good and over him. I'd say long enough for her to find herself and work on being a good mom and growing up, finishing/continuing her education and getting a job - things that will be best for her and her baby, so she doesn't ever have to rely on a man and bc she doesn't need a man. But I won't say that, bc who am I kidding.  Most Teen girls think the world is ending if they don't have a boyfriend. 

I will bet any money that part of the Pimply Prince's appeal to Lexus was the fact that he was a Bad Boy. She was 13 when they started hooking up. Imagine the thrill--only she can understand him! Only her pure and unstinting love can redeem him! He's just misunderstood! He's what, 18? And he was already on probation? Now he's in jail? She still loves him. Unless he goes up the river for 10 to life she'll never get over him--he'll always come back and he can play her like a fiddle. He's very manipulative. But the thing that scares the bejesus out of me and should scare her mother was him saying "I want us to be a family, I want us to be together forever. I would never have left Lexus. No matter what she did to me" (!) "I couldn't think of anything that would get me to leave her. That's who I wanted to start a family with and that's who I want to die with". Lexus was weeping during that segment and I was thinking "she thinks this is romantic!". But to me he is Creepy Stalker to the nth degree and I would be terrified in Kelsey's shoes. 

• Love 16
50 minutes ago, denisett said:

My vote for the first girl to have another child is Lilly.  Did you see her little smirk when James said that one child was enough?  That girl will be pregnant again within a year or two.

Absolutely.  And James still looks dumb as hell so we know he's hasn't learned to wrap it up.  He'll have that same damn look of wonder on his face when Lilly tells him she's pregnant again.

• Love 7

Shelly really needs to stop putting Shannon down.  McKayla's family seems to all get along.  Shannon's parents know she is self-centered.  When she cleaned up off drugs, for whatever reason, McKayla and her brother stayed with the grandparents.  That is none of Shelly's business.  It really, really, really just isn't!  All her harping has done is alienate McKayla so that now she can't see her grandson.  How is that working out for you, Shelly?

I was on Team Shelley at first, because Shannon just comes across as so horrible on television. But Shelley gives off a subtle air of judgment (and sometimes not so subtle) that she has no right to given her own background. Her son was there for the sex too, despite her supposedly superior parenting skills and presence in her son's life. She clearly didn't succeed in teaching his ass about birth control. So she needs to climb off her high horse. Shelley may dress up less trashy these days, but she's still a young grandma.

• Love 9

Wow!  McKayla really dishes the good stuff on her youtube channel.  This video about halfway through she starts giving behind the scenes details on Shelly's behavior.  I'm really thinking Shelly is seriously off herself.

• Love 3

Both Shelley and Shannon need to stop engaging with each other and making everything about themselves, imo.  I watched the above video of McKayla and while she does have some points, she should realize that if it can down to it in family court, Caelen does have rights that would be determined by third parties, not just her.

Now, for Shelley to complain that her grandchild is being "kept" from her is bogus. Pay for your son to go to court and establish a visitation schedule if it really means that much to you. Or better yet, work with McKayla on a compromise and establishing a cordial relationship so that you can see your grandson.

• Love 8

These three girls are a whole lot younger than their years.  They all had steady boyfriends and are dumber than rocks and their mothers didn't have them on birth control.  Really. 

To me James is only living with Lily because it's so much better than home.  He has everything there.  Looks like a really nice home and both of Lily's parents...mother and live in boyfriend treat him well.

No Lily's baby should have her last name until James steps up and provides a home, marriage certificate and supports them financially.  But these girls have never listened to anybody so why now. 

The parents seem to be HUGE enablers of poor behavior.  I'm sorry but I just can't believe they weren't on some kind of birth control with the family history.

Shannon and Shelly deserve each other. 

Anybody have any idea what James is doing for $$ these days?  That was a pretty fancy car he was driving.  I donno about that one but something's just not right with the $$.  It's coming from somewhere...Where is the question.

I like grandma and grandpa but they too are being duped by their granddaughter.  I think grandma thinks she's cute and lets her do her thing.  Grandpa does not have much say in anything.  I was sooo happy she honored him by naming the baby after him.  That's one plus for the show.

• Love 11
On 1/1/2018 at 8:51 PM, KBrownie said:

Maybe it's because the girls themselves aren't such great people to begin with?  What's the saying?  "Water finds its match . . . ?"

"Water finds its own level."    I'm not being a smartass - it's just a saying I use myself.

• Love 4

I FF'd through a lot of the stuff in between, & just tried to get through the talking in the Tell All, which was bad enough.

So in an epi TH, Kelsey said she stayed in her toxic marriage & doesn't want that for Lexus. Yet, Lexus finally breaks up with psycho bf & on the Tell All mom also falls right into his manipulation tactics, along with daughter. I was really sickened watching Kelsey tear up & defend herself as if she isn't 'heartless' for setting healthy boundaries, but it was obvious she wasn't believing it herself. She's most likely playing the friend to Lexus she says she can't be, & hasn't grown up herself yet. Lexus needed an adult mother to protect & guide her at that moment, to remind her of how messed up Shayden is & how much he'll screw up her life & Scarlett's. But she failed, big time. I can only hope she got it together later on & realized her mistake, but if she keeps that up she'll just confuse Lexus, who already doesn't respect her, & who will surely get back with him whenever he gets out of jail. Kelsey hasn't learned much from her mistakes & is dooming her daughter to the same fate, & in turn her granddaughter as well.

I was also very alarmed that Shayden is in jail, mostly because that is not a place of rehabilitation- he will probably come out worse each time. This is not good for any of them.

Lilly is so damn annoying. She's such a stupid child, doing things she's completely unable to handle. She acts like she's a settled woman in her 20s/30s, already married, who wants 3-4 children. It concerned me when she said because of the baby she's 'never lonely anymore', which helps confirm my feeling she's using this child to fill up some unmet needs. I will go one step further in given her neediness & obsession with James, she may have even planned, or at least hoped for, this pregnancy to happen. I have read of teenage girls doing that; she seems the type & it would be easy for her to lie about. I think she does what she needs to do to get what she wants.

I have to give James credit for  saying the one child he has is enough, but Lilly's mother seems to be enabling her fantasy world.

I also give James' mother credit - for just showing up to the Tell All, which is more than Shayden's mom did.

I can't decipher what's going on with McKayla & Caelen. Her constant breaking up with him could be just being a teenager, or it could be he is actually up to things & keeps manipulating her back, as many men do & it can start young. I don't totally trust him either; at his age he may not want to be pinned down. In the episodes it sounded like he proposed more for McKayla, & to make a moment for TV.

Shannon hasn't yet really healed from the cause(s) of her addiction; even though not acting out she's still in addict-speak mode.  But Shelly is just as immature in her own way, & I don't trust her motives are completely pure.

I feel sorry for Tim & Glenn, as they both seem to have the most sense, but they're both also very weak & have no influence & limited respect in their households, so they're ineffectual.

Best part of this whole disturbing show was the baby being named after Tim.

• Love 8

What is lovely is that my thirteen-year-old niece and my fifteen-year-old niece told me on Christmas Eve that they watched this show, and that all of the girls were *very dumb* and that there is NO WAY that they would want to deal w/any of those guys or having babies right now.

thank you, show. 

• Love 9

No Lily's baby should have her last name until James steps up and provides a home, marriage certificate and supports them financially.  But these girls have never listened to anybody so why now. 

Lily's baby needs mature parents who will supervise and parent in ways that Lily and James never got from their own parents and don't know how to do with a child.

I would love to see a prequel to this show, and see what kind of parenting was going on around the time these people got pregnant.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

"Water finds its own level."    I'm not being a smartass - it's just a saying I use myself.

Thank you!  I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was.  I just knew it was something about water lol.

On 1/2/2018 at 4:10 AM, denisett said:

So I went searching to see why Shayden is in jail.  Didn't find out why, but I did stumble upon his dad's twitter feed.  Oh my, it's easy to see where Shayden gets his entitlement and douche bag ways.  His dad and Lexus's mom are in a twitter feud about who does what for the baby.  If you get past the grammar and spelling errors, Shayden's dad entire twitter feed is golden!  Search for "Clint Massey"  His twitter handle is @mituifu.

He uh.. is touched. He couldn't spell idiot correctly and then called someone "regurgitated blood fart."

On 1/2/2018 at 11:34 AM, AirQuotes said:

Wow!  McKayla really dishes the good stuff on her youtube channel.  This video about halfway through she starts giving behind the scenes details on Shelly's behavior.  I'm really thinking Shelly is seriously off herself.

Little Timmy has some early onset eye issues. I hope she takes him to get his eyes looked at. 

On 1/2/2018 at 10:34 AM, AirQuotes said:

Damn Shelly needs to have several seats if what McKayla is saying is true. You don't ever threaten a mom, esp a brand new mom, to take away her child.  Shelly is not an equal party in Timmy's life. Yes, she has grandparents rights but they do not trump Mckayla's. Unless she proves to be unfit, and we all know that's nowhere as easy as it sounds, Shelly can stfu. Or better yet, make sure her own child grows up to be a better man than he's turning out to be. She can focus on that for awhile.  

Mckayla may still be a kid herself and has a shit ton of growing up to do, but she doesn't seem to be full of drama Or mean spirited at all. You can totally tell she loves her son and wants to be a good mom and will do right by him.  I believe that she meant it when she said she's not trying to punish Shelly or their family for Caelen cheating on her. That would be a hard position for a grown, mature woman to deal with, so she's handling it well. 

I am not as worried about her like I am Lexus and Lilly.  

• Love 7

One thing that was really noticeable during this show was how much support McKayla and Lily have compared to Lexus. McKayla especially. She has a large support system, even if her mother is iffy. Lily has her family and even James’ mother came to the show. I assume she’s at least minimally involved in the baby’s life. Lexus just has her mom and grandmother. Must be very lonely for both Lexus and Kelsey. 

• Love 4

I think Lilys mother is contributing to her delusion and prolonging the inevitable which is going to make it harder for Lily and any babies when reality hits her. I went to you tube and watched her Vlogs that she recently put up and she goes through her daily routine now and all she is doing is playing house and catering to James. This is not going to end well and I hope her mother is planning on supporting Lily for years to come because she is not going to be able to take care of herself or any children by herself. Also it really gets to me that these parents are not making it their daily business of making sure their daughters are on birth control- it is irresponsible and just ignorant that they are not on some type of birth control- preferably one that is not daily but lasts for extended amount of time. 

To Lexus mom and Lilys - what are thinking letting that boy stay at your house overnight with your daughter - that they were not going to have sex? Give me a break - your daughter is a still a minor that means that you are in control of what she does and yes you are the one who makes the rules and letting her get knocked up again while living with you is not acceptable - when we know better we are suppose to do better.

Edited by Booted
  • Love 9

Frankly, this episode is just looking like regurgitation of the series.  Not sure what of,it is new, but all the babies are born and all the moms are still pregnant.  I guess this was just leftovers.

• Love 3
On 12/18/2017 at 6:24 PM, Soup333 said:

One thing I did notice about James, he and Shayden had the same hangup about babies being spoiled if they're catered to, but the way he talked to Lily about it was way more respectful than the way Shayden acted. He was patient up to a point and even when he got frustrated because she wouldn't put the baby down he didn't have a rage fit like Shayden. He did pout though, which is still a problem but...still better than Shayden. With Shayden and Lesley I think it's a power issue now. Shayden wants to run things with Scarlett and Lexus, no matter if it makes any kind of sense or not. And the mom is so "traumatized" by her teen mom experience she thinks Shayden will turn out exactly like Lexus' father - which might be true. Who knows. 

Lexus better smarten up real quick before she ends up with multiple kids before she's even old enough to drink legally - or maybe even vote. 

I also noticed James' mother was nowhere around for the birth and hasn't even been mentioned. His mother seems so...nonchalant about all of this. In that respect, McKayla is lucky to have Shellie. I can't imagine James' mother doing all that Shellie did for McKayla. 

On 12/19/2017 at 6:03 PM, IvySpice said:

I will give Lilly credit for one thing: she's madly in love with her baby. Much like 16&P/Teen Mom's Chelsea. It gets you major points with me. Every baby deserves a parent who thinks the sun rises and sets on their baby.. Heaven knows James and Lilly's baby doesn't have much else going for her in life, but she'll know that her mom is besotted with her. It's a start.

On 12/19/2017 at 6:34 PM, gonecrackers said:

Yes, I agree. I was impressed with her attachment, & wanted James to back off & just let her enjoy the baby. They just got home from the hospital & baby is barely out of the womb; shut up & let them cuddle for crap's sake.

MacKayla's concern after Timothy was out was touching as well - she could protect him inside, now that he's out not as much. So true.

Lexus needs a spine to tell Shayden to back off.

Agreed x all 3 ^^

I am so far behind on this show. I had to stop watching when The-Pimply-Prince-of-Parenting-Wisdom ordered Luxury Car to stop spoiling a newborn. I was infuriated and didn't think I'd finish the series.

Color me shocked when James tried the same thing and Lily-of-the-Dumb basically told him to have a fucking seat (and cuddled baby closer). Good for her!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Lilly does not know what a zucchini is. I have nothing further to say. Dips like her are reproducing. We are doomed.

Says a lot for the education system.....  It's not like she's out in the boondocks of Middle America (heck, being surrounded by farms there, she might even be able to identify said vegetable).  But she's in Riverhead, NY, if I recall.  No excuse for this nonsense.

• Love 1
On 1/2/2018 at 10:05 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

I will bet any money that part of the Pimply Prince's appeal to Lexus was the fact that he was a Bad Boy. She was 13 when they started hooking up. Imagine the thrill--only she can understand him! Only her pure and unstinting love can redeem him! He's just misunderstood! He's what, 18? And he was already on probation? Now he's in jail? She still loves him. Unless he goes up the river for 10 to life she'll never get over him--he'll always come back and he can play her like a fiddle. He's very manipulative. But the thing that scares the bejesus out of me and should scare her mother was him saying "I want us to be a family, I want us to be together forever. I would never have left Lexus. No matter what she did to me" (!) "I couldn't think of anything that would get me to leave her. That's who I wanted to start a family with and that's who I want to die with". Lexus was weeping during that segment and I was thinking "she thinks this is romantic!". But to me he is Creepy Stalker to the nth degree and I would be terrified in Kelsey's shoes. 

Classic Abuser 102, right behind "See what you made me do!" If she gets back together with him, he will be good for a while, then the verbal abuse will ramp up, and (if it hasn't already) the physical abuse won't be too far behind. If I believed in gods, I'd be praying and begging right now that she comes to her senses. On the other hand, I've been there myself and know that it often takes multiple times leaving/attempts to leave. Someone should drill this into Lexus' head:

domestic abuse violemce cycle wheel.gif

• Love 5
On 1/6/2018 at 10:57 AM, Booted said:

I think Lilys mother is contributing to her delusion and prolonging the inevitable which is going to make it harder for Lily and any babies when reality hits her. I went to you tube and watched her Vlogs that she recently put up and she goes through her daily routine now and all she is doing is playing house and catering to James.

Wow, Kim and Glen set up a whole apartment for Lily, Aaliyah and James in the basement. Good idea or no?

So Shannon is worried about her baby born being addicted.  I know it's medication and fake opioid.  But how can she consider herself clean if she has to depend on such medication for so long?  She's supposedly been clean for several years now.  And now she's whining about her child may be addicted.  How about not just using or taking the medication during your pregnancy, dope?  God forbid you do what's best for you kid instead of yourself.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, eatsleep said:

Wow, Kim and Glen set up a whole apartment for Lily, Aaliyah and James in the basement. Good idea or no?

My opinion, but, I think Kim is enabling Lilly playing house with James. She likes having them & the baby around. I get loving having a baby in the house again, but is Lilly learning anything? 

I wonder if any of these girls actually went back to school, or have any plans of furthering their education, or getting a trade, etc.  Lilly seems to have no aspirations other than living with James & having more babies. I'm not downing *adult* SAH mom's, but I'm talking about a 17 year old girl- she should be exploring her options & setting up her life at least first. She can still do that if she has the support, but she also needs to want it for herself. If she did it would be better for her daughter in the long run as well.

I worry she may wake up one day & think 'WTF have I done??'

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Mswldflwr said:

So Shannon is worried about her baby born being addicted.  I know it's medication and fake opioid.  But how can she consider herself clean if she has to depend on such medication for so long?  She's supposedly been clean for several years now.  And now she's whining about her child may be addicted.  How about not just using or taking the medication during your pregnancy, dope?  God forbid you do what's best for you kid instead of yourself.  

I wondered that too!  Hasn't she been clean for like, eight years?  I know absolutely *nothing* about opioid addiction (thank God for that), so maybe it is something that people need to be on for the rest of their lives?

• Love 2

I think it might have been unsafe to take her off the suboxone or whatever she's on (haven't finished the episode yet) if she was on it when getting pregnant. It might have been safer for both the baby and her to just leave her on it. Not an ideal situation so she probably shouldn't have purposely gotten pregnant knowing she's taking that.

• Love 1

Makayla looked gorgeous at the reunion. Kelsey needs a lesson from whoever did Makayla's makeup.

Classic Abuser 102, right behind "See what you made me do!" If she gets back together with him, he will be good for a while, then the verbal abuse will ramp up, and (if it hasn't already) the physical abuse won't be too far behind

This could not have been more transparent or uglier. If Kelsey doesn't get it now, she never will. Lexus, he DID leave you already by going to jail. People who want to be there for their baby have the option of obeying the law. 

Kim is enabling Lilly playing house with James. She likes having them & the baby around. 

Amen. Glenn is a fool to put up with (and fund) this BS.

Shelly worked her ass off to get me to take Shannon's side here. I didn't think it was possible. Shelly, you need to get a hobby besides judging Shannon. Get a second job if you need to. Outranking a loser like Shannon doesn't win you any cookies. Aim higher.

• Love 5

What a ripoff! I was drooling for a new episode, and instead we get this fake rehash.

There are different treatment philosophies for opioid addicts. Some plans keep people on methadone or other medication for the long term, especially when drug-free treatment fails repeatedly. You can be dependent on the medication without being active in an addiction or abusing drugs. If Shannon is on this kind of treatment, it would indeed be more dangerous to withdraw during the pregnancy than to continue.

Honestly, this is low on the list of reasons why I think Shannon didn't need another kid. I'm way more concerned about the fact that she can't take care of her own eyebrows.

• Love 7
On 1/1/2018 at 5:34 PM, PityFree said:

Oh, Lilly. Airheaded Lilly.  You had done it a whole bunch of times before and never ended up pregnant? Ugh.

ETA:  where are these girls finding such awful, terrible people to father  their children? 

Guess that is James baby, she said she did it a whole bunch of time.

Torn between saying MotherLily is doing the wrong thing by enabling Lily and James "to play house" and the thought that Lily and James should have a chance to take responsibility of the baby together -- especially overnight, which is a killer with a new child.  Let's say Lily stays on her own with Mom, and she has all the responsibility by herself, she will soon grove into a bitter, sad person.  James will feel pushed away and will very likely find another girl and the baby is the loser overall.  Mother Lily was a teen mom and she knows what the deal is with needing help to raise a child.  On the other hand, I am normally Super Judgy and dislike the idea of allowing them to slide by in life and have so much support for their bad decisions.  I guess when an innocent baby is involved, and I am more practical.  There are plenty of people who marry their HS sweetheart and stay married forever.  I am hoping this is one of those couples.  They have a baby which will connect them for the rest of their lives, hopefully, some positive modeling by Mother Lily and her fiancé will give Lily and James the info they need to make something work into the future....for the baby's sake.

• Love 1
On 12/21/2017 at 1:46 PM, cpcathy said:

Can I just come to each episode thread to say I'm thankful I do not have children?

YES you can. And it doesn't mean that you think everyone who has kids has a bunch of nightmarish brats. 

I hate Shannon so much that even though part of me thinks that Shelly is way too involved and opinionated about her business, I don't mind her slamming Shannon at every opportunity. She got clean in 2009. Where the fuck was she between then and now?

Her husband and the father of her children died and SHE could not cope, so SHE took drugs to comfort HERSELF and sent HER kids to HER parents so she could run off and snort her way back to happiness. Makes me sick. It's all about her. All the time. She is the type that thinks that every day she should get a parade because she got clean. She even said as much in one of the episodes. Sorry, you don't get accolades for doing the right thing. I was sorry to hear that they cut Lilly but not the other two from the second season. They should have gotten rid of them all and maybe did a Where are they now? later in the season.

• Love 8
On 7/15/2018 at 6:35 PM, configdotsys said:

YES you can. And it doesn't mean that you think everyone who has kids has a bunch of nightmarish brats. 

I hate Shannon so much that even though part of me thinks that Shelly is way too involved and opinionated about her business, I don't mind her slamming Shannon at every opportunity. She got clean in 2009. Where the fuck was she between then and now?

Her husband and the father of her children died and SHE could not cope, so SHE took drugs to comfort HERSELF and sent HER kids to HER parents so she could run off and snort her way back to happiness. Makes me sick. It's all about her. All the time. She is the type that thinks that every day she should get a parade because she got clean. She even said as much in one of the episodes. Sorry, you don't get accolades for doing the right thing. I was sorry to hear that they cut Lilly but not the other two from the second season. They should have gotten rid of them all and maybe did a Where are they now? later in the season.

Don't hold back!!  Tell us how you feel!!!  I agree with every word, by the way.

It is BACK!  We had What's Her Name (Lexxus?)  with the 32 year old Mom crying:  "Mom, I NEED HELP!" which I am willing to bet means Mom has banned Teen Daddy from house for mouthing off or something.  Good gosh there are more teen moms on the way with this trainwreck of a show.

I will never understand how these GRANDPARENTS in their 60's don't say "Hey look - we are TOO OLD for this.  You need another plan."  Look, I am 53, pretty youthful (most days, lol) but to go back to 24/7 with diapering and everything?  Heck a baby is one thing but toddlers?  No thanks!!!!!

• Love 2

I'm really sad to see such judgement on Shannon. The way Shelly is treating her is judgemental and she is a bully and a gossip. Formerly, Shannon made some big mistakes. She has not matured socially, because of trauma and addiction. The kids were in the best place for them, and she did the right thing signing them over. She has not been a good mother in the past. But, things changed for her and Mckayla.  They both find themselves pregnant.  Shannon is now sober and trying to heal herself to be more involved, but what is happening to her is that when she is trying, and Shelly is putting her down and making her feel bad about the past. Shannon is trying to heal herself so she can learn to be there for others. She can't do that when everybody is hampering it by gossip and bullying. Someone should not be held responsible for the rest of their life for mistakes they made in the past. Especially somebody who is trying to fix it and to move forward and be there now. She may not have been there in the past but she is there now. She admits her faults. She is trying to get involved.  8 to 10 yrs sober.  That is a monumental change. How many of us can say we have changed that much? My own life mimicked Shannon's, similarly, when I was a younger woman.  I stayed away because every time I went to see her, my mother would be so rude and so in-hospitable to me that I would end up leaving, crying.  I had to fight tooth and nail to get my child back, and I got her home by 5 but the fact of the matter is, I wasn't hanging around because of the way I got treated when I would come to see my daughter in front of her. I changed my life for her and not for myself and nobody deserves to be put down when they're doing the best they can to get whole.  Addiction is a very selfish thing.  Certainly, Shannon has not been there in the past, but she's trying now, and I think the way Shelly is judging her is causing her not to want to be there. Shelly is hampering her recovery with her daughter and it is really between she and her daughter not between Shelly, she and her daughter. It is nice that Shelly helped out.  It was nice that my own mother helped me out, in my situation, but there comes a point where you have to allow them to heal and not to hamper that. What Shelly is doing is judging Shannon so that Shannon will feel she is inferior and will back off, because Shelly doesn't really want to see them heal or bond. Shelly wants Makayla to bond with her, and she wants to be the only grandmother. This happens a lot and families where one is inferior and is treated as a scapegoat. Shelly isn't stating the real reason. Shelly wants to be in control of everything. She doesn't want the other mother involved and that's why the other mother wasn't a participant in the shower; because she would have been abused verbally, or gossiped about. Nobody wants to be a target. I am completely on Shannon side. 100000% I know exactly what that woman is going through, and Shelly is a judgemental, controlling and unfeeling- calloused woman, who has no compassion. I feel for Shannon, so bad, because I have been in her shoes. If every time she shows up, if she's treated like shit, she will eventually feel she is not welcome, and nobody wants to continually be emotionally or verbally battered or gosdipped about.  When you feel unwelcome, you leave.   People could say ... oh I'd never stop trying ... but, you weren't in her shoes, and you don't know how hard it is. I don't blame Shannon one bit for not wanting to be around that awful woman. You  can't stand there beating a dog, and then not understand why it doesn't stand up. Or why it cowars. Bullying is a bad thing, and it devastates and ruins lives and what she did to that girl and her mother by interfering is wrong.  I also heard Shelly saying that Shannon was all about herself, and not about McKayla. And that's a lie. If it was true, she wouldn't be there trying to participate. Shelly has made it all about herself. She kept saying that she has been the one there, and she's done this and she's done that and she planned this and she planned that well she did,  but she made no place for Shannon to participate. I think Shelly needs to see what a horrible person she is from the eyes of the other side.  Judgemental behavior and gossip may be what's keeping somebody from becoming whole and/or preventing healing. People make the choice to become whole and to get sober and then, they try to fix things because they realize their mistakes. What kind of awful human being would stand in the way of somebody who is trying to fix their relationship with their own child and grandchild? I hope they read this someday. I'm sure some of you will fly me for my response, but it is honest.  The dual side of gosdip and judgement is poison.  Shelly is poisoning the air where they are trying to blow out the past with her judgement and gossip.  McKayla is now an adult and a mother. She's been raised well by her grandparents and she is a whole person. She's lived through a lot. Not even she is judging her own mother.  if you want to see somebody change when they are trying, lift them up don't push them down. And then encourage them to keep up the good work and they will do their best.  if Shelly really wanted to see Shannon involved, she would be helping her and encouraging her not putting her down. Which kind of person are you going to choose to be? I know which kind I am.. What a blessed little child, who now has two Grandmother's. Not just one.  And both are sober.  Both love her.

On 12/17/2017 at 10:04 PM, Caseysgirl said:

Why did they let Lexus out of the hospital without putting her on birth control?

Does the law allow this?

On 1/8/2018 at 9:45 AM, Scorpiosunshine said:

I am so far behind on this show. I had to stop watching when The-Pimply-Prince-of-Parenting-Wisdom ordered Luxury Car to stop spoiling a newborn.

Their local Child Protective Services agency employees probably don't have time to watch the show, but they should be watching THIS GUY!

• Love 1
On 12/16/2017 at 11:03 AM, StayingAfterSunday said:

Another actor-in-training, courtesy of "reality" tv.

I wasn't astute enough to consider the "in-training" part.  This was the first "teen mom" reality show I ever watched.  I thought James looked like a perfect person for an agent to grab.  He wouldn't need to go to acting classes; he wouldn't have to learn any lines.  He could just sit, stand, lie somewhere and have a real actor performing realistic lines and let James simply react.   Actor:  We have to get off the beach; there are sharks!"   James:  (bugs his eyes without any prompting).      

• LOL 1

McKayla proposes moving in with her mom.  Lexus discusses her relationship status with Shayden.   Chloe and Max demonstrate they’re too stupid to have sex, let alone raise a baby.  Emily is needy, and her boyfriend Diego is a jerk.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 5

I see we have another bunch of winners for this season. I'm sorry but there is a certain amount of satisfaction that I get from seeing these teens all giddy and saying how everything is going to be easy and fine like they know it all and then they are bawling crying because everything is so hard. The cheerleader with Diego already rubs me the wrong way. "This stuff doesn't happen to me. I was in cheer. I was a varsity softball player..." Ugh.  [superficial comment] Her mother's look irritates me for some reason. I think it's the hair.[/superficial comment] She was besties with her daughter! Yay! Look where you are now.

Diego is a real prize.  A snobby, arrogant POS that is completely full of himself. They deserve each other. I'm sorry but the whole "I'm packing the hospital bag and I want you here for that...." is just so stupid. Stop being such an ass.

Yeah, Max. You'll be millionaires in a few years because you learned how to save money at 18 with an infant at home. Can't wait to see the mansion. He seems like he'll turn out to be a total tool.

Mikalya is a bitch. Straight up. Taking the grandkid away from the grands is bullshit. They did everything for her. She's a selfish bitch. Just wait until Mom-- who will get more airtime with Mikala living with her-- can't pay the rent. I'm sorry but if she wants to re-establish a relationship with her mother, that's up to her. But she's not 9, or 12 where moving back in with mom might be a good thing. She leaned on her grandparents for all these years and they took care of most of the needs of that kid and grew completely attached to him. How dare she take that away from them after all they've done. Mom just wants to be on television and will get her wish if the little bitch is living with her.

Lexus: What is there to say except Shayden has to be one of the most homely people I have ever seen. 

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 23
On 8/2/2018 at 12:42 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

McKayla proposes moving in with her mom.  Lexus discusses her relationship status with Shayden.   Chloe and Max demonstrate they’re too stupid to have sex, let alone raise a baby.  Emily is needy, and her boyfriend Diego is a jerk.

Time to sleep instead of reading farther.

I read the sentence Bolded above as - McKayla's professor moves in with her mom.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Yikes Lexus. Those are some unfortunate bangs.  Poor baby Scarlet seems to look like homely Shayden  

Mikayla is an ungrateful little B who needs an attitude adjustment. 

I cant get over how genuinely stupid these girls and guys are. The naïveté and entitlement is mind boggling. 

Edited by WhatsUpDummy
  • Love 13

I couldn't stop laughing at the boy who thinks he's going to be a millionaire because he'll gain all of this wisdom from being a teen dad and he'll save his pennies. Let us all know when you make that first million.

I must give credit to TLC for never failing to find the stupidest people to participate in their reality shows. What I can't figure out is if these people are the exception or the rule.

• Love 19