Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Just finished this one.

That table meeting about the labor room was definitely irritating. Those grandparents have TWO teenagers. At least Caelen kept his mouth shut. But it was ridiculous that Caelen thought his mother should be in the labor room & thought she wasn't welcome because the two might fight. For one thing the two are that immature & probably would get into it while McKayla's in labor, but, the other is McKayla just wanted some privacy. You know- just her mom, grandma, Caelen, the film crew, the whole world...

Maybe she kicks the crew out before the birth. We'll see I guess.

Was she really farting it up in that bed or was Caelen making some juvenile noises?

I can't with Lilly anymore; her voice & impaired baby way of speaking are so irritating... & James, holy crap. He knew enough to stick it in & make baby, but that's damn near about it. And he certainly wasn't "protective" enough over Lilly to cover it up, hence not get her pregnant.

And James has an 18yo sister who just had a baby? And mom is like 'well they do what they do'. Yeah, obviously yours sure do lady. That poor 9yo sister of his is doomed to be a teen mom too most likely. Their mom is so damn unconcerned about any of it.

Next week Lilly is weeping on the way to the hospital. Her water broke but nothing had even actually happened yet; can't imagine her in heavy labor.

Lexus I do feel a bit bad for, re-creating her mom's life from what was said. But, she's also not listening or respectful, & likes to get attention with her SM selfies. She says no one has liked her since her pregnancy, but I wonder if it was actually before that as well. I think she'll end up with another baby before she's even 18.

They are probably being supported by the government!  Your tax dollar at work!

Its a college they attend.  Courses taught are welfare, food stamps, housing allowance and social security disability!

It supports generations of families!  Watch judge Judy.  Interesting ways of scamming the government.  

She had one 49 year old woman on taking two classes a semester and getting $9,000 a year.  JJ told her at that rate she'll graduate when she's 80.  Let's see..$9,000 x 31 years equals...

I would tell you that woman was dumb as a box of rocks but she sure was street smart!

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

This show must be the new 'Teen Mom' on Steroids!!!

The original show that ended up spinning off into Teen Mom was "16 and Pregnant" and was actually a very good and realistic documentary style program.  Unfortunately, MTV chose some of the girls featured in this show to be on Teen Mom and the rest is history.  This show is actually pretty similar to "16 and Pregnant."

• Love 6
9 hours ago, balisticnikki said:
12 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

And James has an 18yo sister who just had a baby? And mom is like 'well they do what they do'. Yeah, obviously yours sure do lady. That poor 9yo sister of his is doomed to be a teen mom too most likely. Their mom is so damn unconcerned about any of it.

Not to be "judgy" but doesn't james have 7 siblings from his mother? And didn't he say several of them have different fathers? How can the mother teach them any differently? Kids learn by watching. Idk how many kids Kim has but both Kim & Kelsey (prbly james's mother too) were unmarried teen moms. They can say, "do as I say, not as I do." But when does that ever work? 

Yes it's basically their lifestyle. She can't blame it on the kids are gonna do what they do because she did what she did & now you're right, that is what they've learned. She doesn't even seem to care though, that the cycle continues. Even if the other two moms are just paying it lip service, at least they seem to care.

I can't see James' mom being too involved with the baby, given she's got her own plate quite full with her kids doing what they do, & also her doing what she does.

I know there are those who don't care & scam, @Jeanne222. I don't know what the situation is with James' family. I just really dislike his mother's flip 'whatever, shit happens' attitude.

Sorry for your situation & your tragic loss, @mamadrama, & I understand. The system is there for people who need it. Like with everything, the abusers make everyone else subject to judgement. 

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

I think caelen needs to nip the insults in the bud now bc they will only get worse once the baby is actually here & both grandmas are competing for his attn. It would be horrible for a child to grow up around all that backbiting. If shelly & shannon went at it like that over a baby shower they were both welcome to attend, can you imagine how holidays & birthdays will be? I don't understand why all of them tip toe around that BS (from both but moreso Shannon). Enablers?

I guess I just see it more as McKayla's job to shut her mom down. Or Grandma should do it. If Caelen gets involved, it could start problems with McKayla. 

• Love 6

I didn't like how the grandma was basically pressuring the blonde to have visitors she didn't want. It's not a freaking party. Having a baby hurts like hell. If she wants quiet and no visitors then that's up to her. Not grandma. I also thought that her boyfriend calling mommy and allowing everyone to listen in by phone was an invasion of her privacy. 

Sorry I forget the names but I'm sure you all know which ones I'm talking about. 

• Love 7
On 12/3/2017 at 3:40 PM, gonecrackers said:

If anyone watched it, was there anything interesting or enlightening in the "Extended" version? 

This week James is giving Lily a ring (while they're strangely winking at each other - um, I guess the sun was bright facing both ways).

Ha, yes.  I saw that, too.   I also noticed that Lily took the ring, smiled coyly, and had very little to say.   Did "Thank you" get edited from the scene? 

About James:  To start, I'm in agreement with those who think he should toss that ridiculous skull cap.  What the ??? Also, was he channeling Tyler (from Teen Mom) in his wide-eyed, incredulous reactions to Mom and Sis relating the Facts of Labor & Delivery (and penile foreskin)? Another actor-in-training, courtesy of "reality" tv.

• Love 7

Early on, I was impressed that Shayden appeared to view his newborn daughter as a person. He spoke to her, made eye contact with her, took her to see her new room...so many of these young dads seem to be ignorant of the fact that their child is a human being, even when she's in the pink-burrito stage. She did stop crying the first time we saw him pick her up at home.

Now it looks like he's excited about her being a person because that's one more person he can dominate and control. Yikes!

Scarlet is a gorgeous baby, even with that punk's chin dimple.

Lilly's stupid just BURNS. You're married in your head because you don't understand that marriage is an agreement between TWO people. There's no "we" in her idea of marriage; it's just Lilly and a cardboard cutout of a handsome prince.

• Love 6

Shayden sure checked every box on the abuser list, didn't he? Emotional blackmail ("I'm leaving you!"), threats of violence ("I'll take your baby away!"), building a wedge between Lexus and her mom by refusing to leave for the night, then apologizing and making it all about his own hurt feelings...Lexus is going to be hiding black eyes under that heavy makeup shortly, if she isn't already. Dump that mo-fo already! Your baby will be better off if he runs far away and never comes back.

Threatening to take a newborn baby away from its mother = automatic monster status. You can't come back from that.

I swear Shannon is regressing in age before our eyes. Last episode she acted like she was 15...now she's barely 12. "You like her better than you ever liked me!" Shannon's mother has zero illusions about the daughter she raised. Totally agree that she may be sober, but she's stuck in teenagerhood in perpetuity. That was personality-disorder behavior if you ask me.

James's ignorance could fill the Pacific Ocean. I guess he and Lilly have that in common. Even his own sister was rolling her eyes at that idiocy. And he was skipping birthing class because he already knew everything! Alrighty then.

• Love 10
On 12/11/2017 at 4:32 PM, ghoulina said:

I don't get it either. I feel overwhelmed and need as little distraction as possible. I had just my husband with my first. He was overseas when my second was born, so I had my mom with me, and my 2 sisters. With my third, I wanted just my husband again, but my sister was driving me to the hospital because I was with her when I went into labor and it happened so fast, she was still there when my daughter was born. I'd NEVER have my MIL in there with me. PASS. 

I could have sworn that at first McKayla said she wanted BOTH grandparents, her great-grandma, Shannon, and Caelen! But then later she was saying she was only allowed 3. If that's true, her grandpa really dodged a bullet. Talk about awkward. 

It was the most embarrassing, humiliating, mortifying experience of my life. I didn't want anyone extra there! If I could have left, I wouldn't have been there myself. <shudder>

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Grrr!!!!!! Am i the only one who gets pissed at this show but cant stop watching?!?!? Lexus needs to lay off the damned make up and grow the hell up a bit more. Her mom, who is definitely not 31, better by a bigger house because her car, i mean daughter Lexus is gonna be popping out more kids very soon. Instead of buying makeup for her non working daughter, she needs to take her ass to get birth control.

Lily is dumb and her voice is too needy and annoying. Shes too much of a spoiled little girl to be a Mom. But her Mom will be doing the job for her. 

The only parents i respect are McKaylas granparents who raised her, and her boyfriends mom. The other parents are air heads. 

I was a young mother. My mom was hard on me but i thank her. 

37 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

Why in the h are Lexus and her idiot bf not using birth control ??!!

You said it... they are idiots lol. Mom's an idiot too. 

Edited by TiredMama
  • Love 11

Why did they let Lexus out of the hospital without putting her on birth control?  Surely they didn't think two hormonal teenagers were  going to wait 6 weeks.   I doubt James will be around after the show (and the TLC money & TV time) are over. He's got one foot out the door already.  Caelen seems like a very mature and thoughtful young man but I think McKayla is a bit spoiled.  Poor Tim. He'll never be able to retire with all the mouths he has to feed.

• Love 12

So Shayden works 14 hours a day? What does he DO? Could he not save up and get those two their own apartment? Then they wouldn't have to bitch about Kelsey's rules any more. The problem with a lot of these teens is that they want the freedom of being adults, but they still want their parents to provide everything. Not cool. 

And what does KELSEY do? She was talking about taking Lexus and her friends out of the country for her 16th birthday??? And I still can't get over how nice Scarlet's nursery is. 

I am floored that those two aren't using birth control. I shouldn't be surprised, I suppose, but....what morons!!! "I don't think I'd get pregnant again". Based on what? Thank God I can tell, by looking at her SM in real time, that they didn't conceive again. Hopefully she's on BC now. How old is that dude? If he works full time, he's out of high school, no? She JUST turned 16. 

I found it hilarious that Lilly's water broke 20 minutes after she was dancing to that God awful music. Baby just wanted it to stahhhhhp!

Lilly sobbing on the way to the hospital was too much for me. Thankfully she seemed to calm down

James is still an idiot. He thinks getting shot with a paintball is worse than giving birth (false). He thinks a newborn can be spoiled (false). Then he lays there on Lilly's mom's couch while Lilly demands sandwiches from her mom. That's YOUR job, James! When I got home from having my son I was exhausted. I seriously laid in bed with him for 3 days straight. And my husband waited on me, hand and foot. Again, these teens want to play grown-up, but only in the ways that are fun for them. 

I won't lie, I was really touched during McKayla's birth segments. I loved watching Shellie's reactions while listening, and how she hugged Tim right after they heard the cry. LOVED Tim's reaction to having the baby named after him. He's a good dude and he deserved it. I loved Caelen's THs, how proud and amazed he was by McKayla's determination during labor. 

Then Shannon comes in, thinking it's all about her, as usual. She couldn't congratulate her dad on the baby being his namesake? No, she just had to crow, "*I* knew weeks ago!" Oh la di da, aren't you special??? 

Yet you weren't the one over at the house, helping McKayla with the REAL work of motherhood. That was Shellie. Breastfeeding is no joke. It can be ROUGH in the beginning. It can literally TAKE three people to get it going. I loved seeing Shellie and Caelen circled around McKayla, being so calm and supportive for her. I think this couple is the most likeable and has the best chance of making it....

....even if Grandpa Tim says they won't last three years. 

• Love 23

I actually have a but more respect for Lexus' mom after this episode, but seriously, get that girl some sort of counseling. Shaden is an abusive douche. He doesn't want to be there for his baby mama (so gross that he called her that!) and daughter to support them. He wants absolute control! 

Someone was chopping onions in my house when little Timothy's name was announced. 

Oh yeah, James will be gone as soon as the cameras are gone. See also: Shannon.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

James is still an idiot. He thinks getting shot with a paintball is worse than giving birth (false). He thinks a newborn can be spoiled (false). Then he lays there on Lilly's mom's couch while Lilly demands sandwiches from her mom. That's YOUR job, James! When I got home from having my son I was exhausted. I seriously laid in bed with him for 3 days straight. And my husband waited on me, hand and foot. Again, these teens want to play grown-up, but only in the ways that are fun for them.

Bingo. Isn't that the way with teenagers? Except usually they don't pop out a baby and expect you to take care of it, and them!

Lilly is the worst offender in that regard. She's "married in her head" but still swans around and expects everyone at home to take care of her. She'll have five kids by the time she's 23, with at least three different men, expecting that each one will be the one who takes care of her. She seems exceptionally needy and the most detached from reality of any of the girls. James is starting to genuinely amuse me. His constant goggle eyed expressions of amazement when anyone tells him the most basic facts are hysterical. How does he tie his own shoes each day? He is so monumentally dumb. He and Lilly are soulmates in fatuous self absorption, anyway.

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

And what does KELSEY do? She was talking about taking Lexus and her friends out of the country for her 16th birthday??? And I still can't get over how nice Scarlet's nursery is. 

It appears that Kelsey has a good job/profession and makes a good living, now, for all her complaining about how tough she has it. Probably why Lexus thinks everything will be sunshine and roses for her and her repellent noxious weed of a boyfriend--she hasn't seen her mother struggle. She sees a nice home, everything she wants, probably nice vacations, and a super fab birthday party every year. She thinks her mother's exaggerating and that Shaeden's job at the warehouse or the tire store or landscaper will see them through fine. LOL. $200 a week is  plenty when you're a high school kid, living at home. Not so much when you have rent and bills to pay.

Shaeden is a nasty piece of work and he should be kicked to the curb pronto. There is NO WAY I would allow that pimply, pouty little man boy to swan around my house like he owned it and treat me and my daughter like shit.

• Love 24

I am stunned that Kelsey is ok with Shayden coming over late at night "after work" to visit the baby and Lexus while she is asleep. Did she learn anything? Why didn't she insist that Lexus be on birth control? Does she want to be a grandma x 2? I am not a teen pregnancy expert, but I do know that many, many teen moms become pregnant again within a short period of time after giving birth to their first child. Kelsey acknowledges the cycle (3 generations in that room) and claims it won't happen with Scarlett. Why not? What will be so different? 

Lily seems like she is in some kind of hypnotic state half the time. She wants another baby! The look on James face was priceless. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, keetmommy said:

Why on God's Green Earth did they not put her on birth control, I dont think she is nursing..

That doesn't matter anyhow. I nursed all 3 of my kids to at least a year (my daughter until 18 months) and I started having regular periods again at 6 weeks postpartum! These people are so delusional, it's crazy. You'd think that after that one "unexpected" pregnancy they'd get it. But nope. 

Why can't Shayden at least wear condoms? I bet he's one of those pricks that cares more about how close his sensation is. 

7 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Kelsey acknowledges the cycle (3 generations in that room) and claims it won't happen with Scarlett. Why not? What will be so different? 

EVERY time she says that I want to smack her in the face. I so need it to be 2033, so we can show her pregnant granddaughter a clip of grandma being crazy and delusional. 

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

That doesn't matter anyhow. I nursed all 3 of my kids to at least a year (my daughter until 18 months) and I started having regular periods again at 6 weeks postpartum! These people are so delusional, it's crazy. You'd think that after that one "unexpected" pregnancy they'd get it. But nope. 

Why can't Shayden at least wear condoms? I bet he's one of those pricks that cares more about how close his sensation is. 

EVERY time she says that I want to smack her in the face. I so need it to be 2033, so we can show her pregnant granddaughter a clip of grandma being crazy and delusional. 

I was thinking more the extra hormones I dont think they put you on birthcontrol pills when nursing...I maybe wrong but yah use a condom!

• Love 2

I'm so glad ignorance isn't contagious through the TV. We'd all be morons after a season of this show.

Lexus seemed almost proud of not being on birth control. Girl needs to use some of the money she spends on eyeliner and buy some birth control pills. When she asked the producer not to tell her mom, it made me think they're lying to Kelsey. Either saying they're not doing it or saying they're using condoms. I totally agree with the poster upthread that Pimply Punk is one of those guys who refuses to use condoms. I'm glad Kelsey did set some rules as far as him visiting. But, unless she wants to stay awake until he gets off work to supervise, they're going to be doing it in the next room and he's going to be verbally abusive to her daughter. When he was bitching about Kelsey's rules, I actually yelled at the TV that if he doesn't like the rules in the home Kelsey paid for and pays to maintain, he can get his own place on his minimum wage job and make his own rules.

I had to mute the TV when Lily was wailing in the car. I'm normally for not giving these teens an epidural because maybe having to feel every bit of labor might make them think twice before hopping into bed without protection. But, it would have been cruel to make the staff at the hospital go through listening to her wail for hours on end. 

When I had our daughter back in the dark ages of 1985, my doctor, the lactation specialist and the nurses ALL told me that nursing was not a guarantee you wouldn't conceive. That unless I wanted another baby right away, use birth control when I was ready to do it again.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Breastfeeding is no joke. It can be ROUGH in the beginning. It can literally TAKE three people to get it going. I loved seeing Shellie and Caelen circled around McKayla, being so calm and supportive for her.

I loved that scene and was really impressed with all involved. McKayla for her determination and allowing Shellie to help her, Shellie for being encouraging and respectful by asking permission to help (as opposed to just forcing her opinion or advice) and especially Caelen for his support. Having a supportive partner is huge during those difficult first few months of breastfeeding and I feel like it's gotta be rare for a teenage guy to be so gung ho about it. 

• Love 15

So Shayden works 14 hours a day but can’t afford condoms?? I just...

He is so beyond ridiculous to me. In a way he’s a lot like McKayla’s mom. Everything is about him. How much time did he spend holding that kid when he came over?? He was more interested in telling Lexus how she was failing him by not going against her mother.

I can’t decide who is more idiotic, James or Lily. As stupid as they are they might actually make it. They are definitely equally yoked in the intelligence department.

I used to think McKayla’s mother was completely to blame but Shellie is still getting into it with her on SM and both of them need to grow up. They’re going to poison that grandson and probably destroy their childrens’ relationship. And then spend eternity crowing about how they were right about everything. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, keetmommy said:

I was thinking more the extra hormones I dont think they put you on birthcontrol pills when nursing...I maybe wrong but yah use a condom!

BCP that contain estrogen HAVE been linked to low milk supply. But you can do the mini-pill, Depo, Mirena, Nexplanon....all those will work. I don't know if Lexus is breastfeeding or not. Sadly, most teen moms don't seem to stick with it. 

2 hours ago, lovesnark said:

I had to mute the TV when Lily was wailing in the car. I'm normally for not giving these teens an epidural because maybe having to feel every bit of labor might make them think twice before hopping into bed without protection. But, it would have been cruel to make the staff at the hospital go through listening to her wail for hours on end. 

Hell, the way she was going on, I would have advocated going back to the days of the Twilight Sleep. 

2 hours ago, ivgotspirit02 said:

I loved that scene and was really impressed with all involved. McKayla for her determination and allowing Shellie to help her, Shellie for being encouraging and respectful by asking permission to help (as opposed to just forcing her opinion or advice) and especially Caelen for his support. Having a supportive partner is huge during those difficult first few months of breastfeeding and I feel like it's gotta be rare for a teenage guy to be so gung ho about it. 

Yes. Shellie is a bit OTT sometimes, but I really like her. Unlike Shannon, she doesn't push herself on McKayla. She holds back and makes sure it's really what McKayla wants. She's raised a good son too. I think he's really determined to be a good dad, since he didn't have one growing up. HE just might be one who breaks the cycle with his kid. 

• Love 8

I think we were spared the rest of Lily's breakdown. They resumed after the epidural kicked in.

James says some very ignorant & insensitive things.  He was rightfully horrified at Lily planning their next child already.

Okay she was hungry, but Lily needed to take whatever sandwich her mom could make & be thankful - & perhaps say 'please'.

James' mom was nowhere to be seen even after the birth.

We haven't seen Shayden's mom either since that one appearance.

I liked that it was quiet after Lily's birth. It was a zoo in MacKayla's room - way too many people passing that newbie around. All I could think was 'get out & get your germs off that baby'.

But the "Timothy" moment was sweet.  I think that guy puts up with a lot of crap from MacKayla & her bf, & he deserved the honor.

As usual Shannon is a selfish, full of 'tude, woman-child.

I cannot relate to the amount of support MacKayla had; pretty amazing. Or even the other moms doting on these teen moms. I didn't get that level of catering to as a married adult having children.

I want to know, since she's back in school, who takes care of Timothy. I guess Grandma, maybe.

Lexus is a spoiled brat. She won't listen & won't learn; her mother indulges her crap. She needs to at the very least clean the house while her mother works to support them all.

Hormonal b/c doesn't agree with everyone - but why can't these freakin' boys at least use a condom??  Too damn lazy & probably don't even know how.

Geesh the level of selfishness & stupidity is alarming.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

James' mom was nowhere to be seen even after the birth.

Ah, good catch. I didn't even think. 

24 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

We haven't seen Cayden's mom either since that one appearance.

Do you mean Shayden? 

^^^^ Both the above boys seem to have a lot of siblings. But does Shellie have any other kids besides Caelen? That might make a lot of difference. 

• Love 1

I just wish Shannon would blow her nose before her confessionals.  

Sad but true, all three of these babies would have been better off being put up for adoption.  McKayla/Caelen will likely turn out slightly better than the others, but that's only because of Grandma/Grandpa and Shellie.  

Can't help but worry about Aalyiah.  With those morons as her parents, I shudder to think how it's going to turn out for her. And there truly is no need to bother teaching her the word Dada because James will be gone once Granny wises up and starts charging his butt rent.  But again, there is Grammy and Stepgrampy in the picture, so there might be some hope there.  

I had originally thought that Lexus might have had the best head on her shoulders, but that's a whole lot of nope right there after last night's episode.  She'll be living in public housing with three kids by the time she's 20. 

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, ghoulina said:
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

We haven't seen Cayden's mom either since that one appearance.

Do you mean Shayden? 

^^^^ Both the above boys seem to have a lot of siblings. But does Shellie have any other kids besides Caelen? That might make a lot of difference. 

Thanks, yes. Went back & fixed in the post. I can't get these names right!

I have no idea how many kids Shellie has; Shayden had at least 5 siblings; his mom said she was 'busy raising 5 kids' - not sure if that included Shayden.

Edited by gonecrackers
5 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Thanks, yes. Went back & fixed in the post. I can't get these names right!

I have no idea how many kids Shellie has; Shayden had at least 5; his mom said she was 'busy raising 5 kids' - not sure if that included Shayden.

Yea, and I think James's mom mentioned having a total of 7. I can't recall Shellie mentioning any other kids, but even if Caelen has siblings, I think it's safe to say it's not 5 or 7. (Not anything wrong with big families, but I get the impression there are multiple baby daddies and little parental supervision involved in both cases.)

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Yea, and I think James's mom mentioned having a total of 7. I can't recall Shellie mentioning any other kids, but even if Caelen has siblings, I think it's safe to say it's not 5 or 7. (Not anything wrong with big families, but I get the impression there are multiple baby daddies and little parental supervision involved in both cases.)

There was a preteen boy in the birth room who appeared to be with Sheila.

Realized I said Shayden had 'at least 5', & meant siblings, not kids. But at the rate he's going in life, he'll be a 'baby daddy' to at least 5 by 30yrs old.

Had some more words about Lexus' mom - she is really an out of control child. She plasters the make up on, runs around with her bf at 15, gets preg, let's him abuse her & their baby, let's her mom support all of them without any help or care in return because she's too busy posting skanky selfies on IG, & continues to have unprotected sex with the nasty dude, IN her mom's house.

Mom has no limits there, so, daughter is out of control. Shaking her head on camera like she just can't believe what's happening while allowing & even, enabling it, is not going to help anything get better - but it will help create the same life for Scarlett someday, if not worse.

Maybe take that money she had set aside for the  out of country trip for 'sweet 16' (seriously?? wtf??) - & invest it in some therapy for the whole family.

• Love 11

One thing I did notice about James, he and Shayden had the same hangup about babies being spoiled if they're catered to, but the way he talked to Lily about it was way more respectful than the way Shayden acted. He was patient up to a point and even when he got frustrated because she wouldn't put the baby down he didn't have a rage fit like Shayden. He did pout though, which is still a problem but...still better than Shayden. With Shayden and Lesley I think it's a power issue now. Shayden wants to run things with Scarlett and Lexus, no matter if it makes any kind of sense or not. And the mom is so "traumatized" by her teen mom experience she thinks Shayden will turn out exactly like Lexus' father - which might be true. Who knows. 

Lexus better smarten up real quick before she ends up with multiple kids before she's even old enough to drink legally - or maybe even vote. 

I also noticed James' mother was nowhere around for the birth and hasn't even been mentioned. His mother seems so...nonchalant about all of this. In that respect, McKayla is lucky to have Shellie. I can't imagine James' mother doing all that Shellie did for McKayla. 

• Love 8

Shellie is both:
A. Doing the right thing by treating McKayla like a daughter.

B. WAY too self-congratulatory about doing the right thing. Quit gloating about how you're a better mother/adult than Shannon. That's a low bar.

Papa Tim is making me cry. I hope that he enjoys raising his namesake instead of retiring. He looks like he's earned some RV time in Florida that he won't get.

These ignorant-ass boys lecturing about how to care for newborns make me want to strangle them through the screen.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Mswldflwr said:

I had originally thought that Lexus might have had the best head on her shoulders, but that's a whole lot of nope right there after last night's episode.  She'll be living in public housing with three kids by the time she's 20. 

And taking them to see their daddy in prison.

1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Had some more words about Lexus' mom - she is really an out of control child. She plasters the make up on, runs around with her bf at 15, gets preg, let's him abuse her & their baby, let's her mom support all of them without any help or care in return because she's too busy posting skanky selfies on IG, & continues to have unprotected sex with the nasty dude, IN her mom's house.

Mom has no limits there, so, daughter is out of control. Shaking her head on camera like she just can't believe what's happening while allowing & even, enabling it, is not going to help anything get better - but it will help create the same life for Scarlett someday, if not worse.

Yes, I agree. in the very first episode she tells us that she discovered that her 13 year old daughter was sneaking out of the house to have sex with the Pimply Prince. And just shook her head, shrugged her shoulders and made a "what can you do?" moue. Just like James' mother's "they're going to do what they're going to do". Who are these people?? Do they even care? Of since they were teen mothers themselves, do they just think its inevitable, the way of the world?

• Love 15
1 hour ago, IvySpice said:

WAY too self-congratulatory about doing the right thing. Quit gloating about how you're a better mother/adult than Shannon. That's a low bar.

I also thought she was laying the martyr act on a little thick for being "forced to leave" because of Shannon who wasn't actually saying anything to her.

Who is with Shannon's new baby?

• Love 7

I lay fault with Lexus' OB/GYN first and foremost for stating, unequivocally, in the first episode that there would be no need for birth control prior to leaving the hospital, when Lexus asked about it. She stated they'd discuss it at her 6 weeks checkup, when she could resume extracurriculars again.

Second fault lies with Kelsey for not attempting to find an OB/GYN who would deliver the baby and prescribe something before discharge. I do, however, understand that it may have been difficult to locate someone at such late notice(Lexus was pretty far along at that point) but I'd have damn well tried. Either that or given the mousy doc a piece of my mind until she relented. After all, to her credit, whiny, spoiled girl named after a luxury car brand actually asked herself and the doctor said 'no need but get to getting it on to induce labor." Moron! 

Edited by HahYallDoin
Left out a word
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I also thought she was laying the martyr act on a little thick for being "forced to leave" because of Shannon who wasn't actually saying anything to her.

Who is with Shannon's new baby?

Perhaps Great-grandma is lending a hand. I remember thinking that Shannon had no problem handing her newborn to GGM when she stopped by for a bitch session at her parents house, over chocolate cake, about Shellie and how things would be going down at the hospital. Maybe GGM doesn't mind. She seems like a kindly older woman from what we've seen of her. Hell, she helped plan Makayla's shower and attended. My GGM's and one grandmother passed away before I was born but I know had I been a teen mom, my living grandma wouldn't have even considered attending a shower for me, much less made her famous cheese straws for the party LOL 

Edited by HahYallDoin
Goofy typo
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Mswldflwr said:

I just wish Shannon would blow her nose before her confessionals.  

Sad but true, all three of these babies would have been better off being put up for adoption.  McKayla/Caelen will likely turn out slightly better than the others, but that's only because of Grandma/Grandpa and Shellie.  

Can't help but worry about Aalyiah.  With those morons as her parents, I shudder to think how it's going to turn out for her. And there truly is no need to bother teaching her the word Dada because James will be gone once Granny wises up and starts charging his butt rent.  But again, there is Grammy and Stepgrampy in the picture, so there might be some hope there.  

Thank you! Her stuffy/snotty nose is driving me nuts. I don't know if it's allergies or a chronic nasal problem but she always sounds like she needs to blow her nose.

I also think Lexus will have several kids and be living in a shithole by the time she's 20. And, she'll routinely drag her brood home to her mother's house whenever they have a big fight. The Pimply Punk will say he's sorry and she'll go right back. Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, HahYallDoin said:

Perhaps Great-grandma is lending a hand. I remember thinking that Shannon had no problem handing her newborn to GGM when she stopped by for a bitch session

And now she is a great great grandmother!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, lovesnark said:

Thank you! Her stuffy/snotty nose is driving me nuts. I don't know if it's allergies or a chronic nasal problem but she always sounds like she needs to blow her nose.

I also think Lexus will have several kids and be living in a shithole by the time she's 20. And, she'll routinely drag her brood home to her mother's house whenever they have a big fight. The Pimply Punk will say he's sorry and she'll go right back. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I hate to have Shannon's back on this one but...she may be dealing with swelling from her pregnancy and not only can your extremities swell, you can suffer from swollen nasal passages too. First hand experience with it during my second pregnancy and boy, it was annoying as hell! To me and to those who had to hear my southern drawl accentuated by a nasal whine. Ugh! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Soup333 said:

One thing I did notice about James, he and Shayden had the same hangup about babies being spoiled if they're catered to, but the way he talked to Lily about it was way more respectful than the way Shayden acted. He was patient up to a point and even when he got frustrated because she wouldn't put the baby down he didn't have a rage fit like Shayden. He did pout though, which is still a problem but...still better than Shayden. With Shayden and Lesley I think it's a power issue now. Shayden wants to run things with Scarlett and Lexus, no matter if it makes any kind of sense or not. And the mom is so "traumatized" by her teen mom experience she thinks Shayden will turn out exactly like Lexus' father - which might be true. Who knows. 

Agreed. I think with Shayden it was definitely more about controlling Scarlet and not wanting a "bratty kid". James is woefully ignorant when it comes to infant care, but I think his concern was largely about Lilly being able to put the baby down so she can do things like shower. 

15 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Do we know when Shannon got clean?

According to her we do, but I can't remember the exact number. I want to say that she said it was something like "8 years" ago? If you search through the other episode threads, I know it's specifically mentioned. I brought up the fact that it seemed like she got clean only a few years after giving her kids to grandma and grandpa. So I wondered why she had never got them back. But, according to her, she's been clean awhile. 

• Love 6

I will give Lilly credit for one thing: she's madly in love with her baby. Much like 16&P/Teen Mom's Chelsea. It gets you major points with me. Every baby deserves a parent who thinks the sun rises and sets on their baby.. Heaven knows James and Lilly's baby doesn't have much else going for her in life, but she'll know that her mom is besotted with her. It's a start.

• Love 13