Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

McKayla's baby's name is met with lots of tears; Shayden struggles with Kelsey's rules and Lexus feels her mom is pushing her away; Lilly gets more than she bargained for when she tries to induce labor; Caelen surprises McKayla with a bold proposition.

Yea, there's like a million Lily Bennetts on IG. I guess the only positive about naming your kids after cars or spelling names "differently" is that they're easier to find on SM? I didn't even need Lexus's or McKayla's last name. Those two popped right up. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I found Lilly on IG; she has a lot of baby pics up. There are a couple of pics with James & the baby as well.

McKayla's IG had lots of baby; tried listening to one of her YT's but was bored to tears & didn't explore further.

Lexus' IG is selfie overkill. Didn't she describe herself as the 'good girl' who went for the 'bad boy' who influenced her?  Looking back in her IG she looked wild to me & hasn't really changed, at least in how she presents herself.

What's with these girls under 18 & the bikini pics? I don't understand parents allowing photos like that of their *children* online. For crap's sake it's not a safe world & these chicks are minors; that's kinda sick.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 12/5/2017 at 2:13 PM, balisticnikki said:

Right, I said both would be valid choices for the name.

Yes, we know her teen pregnancy(ies) were not with Lily. But the comment in the most recent episode was said in such a way that it made me think she was saying her teen pregnancy was Lilly. She might have mentioned Lily's father or something, when they were teens, raising Lily. I guess she misspoke.

On 12/5/2017 at 2:38 PM, gonecrackers said:

Yep I heard her say she had Lily as a teen as well. Maybe it was a mistake.

I heard it as well and did the math - Lilly's mom was making it seem like she was a teen mom at the time Lilly was born, but she wasn't. Her oldest kid is 27, which would have made her a teen mom, but not with Lilly.

Homegirl claims to be be 44 (does raising dumb teenagers make these women look old or what?), so she was in her late 20s when Lilly was born. 

BTW: if Kelsey is 31 and Shelly is 37, I will eat my hat. Maybe it's the climate? (I have extended family in Ohio, but they look good for their ages and they are in their early 50s, but look younger than those two.) I know it's probably the lifestyle the young grandmothers lead (dietary choices & fashion selection don't help them either), but DAMN they look OLD!!!

I think the mom struggles to communicate effectively in general, hence Lilly's overall situation in life. Had her mom talked to her about sex/ birth control, and reminded the Clueless One about her own teenage pregnancy struggles, perhaps an honest and transparent conversation could have occurred? Her mom doesn't strike me as a price and I think Lilly would be all about an IUD so she wouldn't have "the pressure of remembering" to take a daily pill.

• Love 3
On 12/5/2017 at 9:30 AM, ShaNaeNae said:

Lexus reminds me of those teenagers that think she's an adult.  The way she talks is just like, no...you don't know how to be an adult yet.  A few episodes back when she was saying, "I'm his rock", I was thinking, it's not that deep hon.  She placed herself there as a reason to take his abuse.  It bothered me a little that she was bored with nothing to do.  In the real world, you have a house to maintain when the baby naps.  After maternity leave, you won't be bored if you go back to work.  Don't forget about school work.  You said you're going to prove everyone wrong and make something of yourself.  I hope they're helping her mom keep the house clean.  There should be no reason for her to be sitting on the couch bored.                                                       

It's a good thing Lilly is a pretty girl because she's not the brightest thing.  Last week I got a good laugh out of, "this pregnancy was supposed to be fun!"  Oh sweetie.  No.  You're a teenager.  The fun is over.  You got knocked up at 16, there's nothing fun about that.  Wait until the baby comes!

There is a baby daddy (husband?) in Shannon's life.  I posted her name in the media thread after coming across her Facebook.  Guess he doesn't want to be filmed.  I don't care much for McKayla's spoiled attitude towards her grandpa.  And grandma needs to back her husband.  It was nice to have a Shelli free episode. 

This!! Why wasn't she even attempting to keep up with required reading/essays or taking an online class so she wouldn't be so far behind upon her return to school? There are independent learning courses/contracts designed for situations like this. She should realize she lucked out with a baby who sleeps a lot; that's why our friends on TMOG/TM2 can't finish school: kids who are awake!

I teach high school and I can't tell you how mind numbing it is to get some kids caught up after missing a few days, let alone a few months! If Lexus wants to prove people wrong, I'm on her team, but she needs to use her time wisely.

• Love 7

I recall Lexus saying Scarlett would be born May 2, & they showed her in school & did an interview with her teacher. Maybe she was finishing up early for the year?  I think the other 2 are summer babies, since they were due after Lexus.

The baby was 2 weeks old I think, when this last one aired. So I can appreciate fatigue & brain fog at that point. But maybe during the summer she did something academic - I still wonder how/if she went back to school & who has Scarlett during the day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I hope its not her father! Poor thing. Just crying on the floor, cold and hungry. It kills me.

Or his mother for that matter, as I wonder if she's one of the 25 mothers who have given Shayden that awful advice (so he says).

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 11/20/2017 at 11:01 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Holy moly, where to start?

Shannon is in this for the money, right? Or to be on TV, and tell her side of the story? She is a decidedly unpleasant person. I especially loved how she huffed and puffed about how she was past all this high school drama and then calls up Shelly and starts right in with vintage high school drama, complete with going from zero to sixty in seconds, yelling, interrupting, and hanging up in a huff.

And apropos of nothing, her eyebrows were fascinating. They looked like they were trying to sneak right off her face.

What is it with inducing labor days before the due date? I can see inducing if there's a complication like elevated blood pressure or if its two weeks past the due date. But why induce labor in a healthy young woman who's due a week later?

The day Shaeden snapped at me in my home would be the last he slept under my roof. What a precious little asshole. My guess is he will be the first of the boys to bail. He and Lexus (omg that name) were "dating off and on". So, available for hookups, I guess?

Lexus looks like a young Leah Remini. 

• Love 2

Totally noticed this Induction trend this year when the secretary at my gynecology office asked me if my daughter who was then only 7-mos pregnant or less, “was going to be induced”

That’s the first time I ever heard of a planned indictment!

This inducing thing  is prevalent and completely insane!!!  I believe it’s strictly for the doctors convenience, it’s their way to schedule things, so they don’t have to get a call at any day any hour.

It’s for their convenience!!!  Induced  births are typically a lot more arduous and slow because the cervix/uterus just aren’t primed enough.  Many induced births result in cesareans!

And they take advantage of “first time moms” who don’t know enough to say NO! Let nature take its course!

I hate this trend. 

Why does everyone seem to need or want things in black and white and in their control?  We are becoming a society that can’t seem to be patient, and let things happen when they’re ready.  In due time.  Man just wants Control over everything

and the pregnant girls aren’t patient enough either to want to wait.  They’re uncomfortable so when the md says oh you’re 1CM dilated, come in tonight for an inducement, there jumping up and down with joy!

It blows that everyone’s so naive about induced births and go they aren’t easy because the uterus isn’t ripe.  They’re forcing something that’s not ready to function naturally.

even my daughter got scheduled for an inducement - they said her baby was getting “too big” - the baby was maybe 8 pounds something.  My grandmother delivered 13 children and she was tiny, but some of her babies were 10 pokinds, she had no problems delivering.

so these doctors, they’ll grab at any straws they can  to make it seem like a necessity to induce, and the new snd gullible first time mothers thinknothing of it.

unfortunately I didn’t know any of this until my daughter, not wanting to be induced went swinging in hopes of going into labor because her mother in law said that’s what she did both times for her kids and it worked.

she Swann hard for 20-min and her water broke less than 30 minutes later.

They called the hospital and were told to come in once contractions started but she had no contractions for 8 hours so they called her in and started putocin but no matter how much they gave her the contractions weren’t strong enough (uterus just wasn’t soft and ripe) then she spiked a fever and had to have a cesarean.  Spiking fevers after the waters been broken after so many hours is something that can happen.

if I’d known what I know now I would have told her not to swing!  Because it doesn’t mean your contractions I’ll start and most likely it’ll be  a long labor ending in a cesarean.

too bad.

and what kind of affect does this have on babies astrological signs??? It’s kind of just a joke but if astrological signs mean anything, I’d say induced births astrological signs are not genuine.

there ought to be a big shout out on the cover of some Ng zone educating the public on this horrifying trend.  It’s bad and they’re taking advantage of naive first time mothers and also it’s a sign of out society being uncomfortable with waiting and not having something set in stone so induction dates make sense to people giving birth at this time in history.

sad.  My granddaughter is perfect but I wish things could have gone her way.  She wasn’t quite ready even though her momma was.  She could have had a normal vaginal birth.  She missed out.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

PS - and have you heard the ugly term “sweeping the membranes?”  My daughters ob doctor asked her if she’d be interested in the procedure 

she told me thrh were considering it but didnt didn’t like the sound of it.

id never heard of this and looked it up.  Talk about a disgusting INVASIVE procedure to jump start labor by messing with something beautiful designed by God.

tnr doctor, sometimes without the woman’s knowledge, while supposedly doing a routine pelvic exam, inserts a finger into a slightly dilated cervix and “sweeps around inside clockwise thereby separating the membranes from the uterus!  Labor usually starts within 24 hours, it compromises the seal.

labor usually commences but sometimes it takes a few times.  I think the doctor swept my daughters membranes without her knowledge like many doctors are taking liberty to do now because they are control freaks who are getting away with it.  The reason I think she did it is because my daughter told me the pelvic exam “hurt” and they should NOT hurt!

damn that doctor!  Thank god it didn’t work!

how utterly DISGUSTING!   Messing with nature!

more people ought to know!  We need to get this out there!  Do t let doctors induce for half ass and in necessary ‘reasons”. 

50 years ago, doctors didn’t induce like they’re doing nowadays, never mind going in and separating those membranes like that!!!!  Back then induction was not don’t unless there was a real reason for it and it was a weighty decision, with much thought given to it because they did not believe in messing with what Mother Nature has so beautifully designed,

young mothers need patience too.  They’re suckers for doctors who want it on their terms.  It’s unfortunately a perfect marriage then.  Everyone’s in a hurry and want things in stone or they feel aimless.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 12/1/2017 at 2:04 PM, Maharincess said:

My son is 31 and has never wanted kids. He really wants a vasectomy. 

My hubby (we are both 52) never had kids (was never married before me this past October) was going to get snipped in early 40's as he did want to be an older dad either on purpose or accident.  Your son's decision is highly personal, of course, but I say go for it.  (Like my opinion counts!!  LOL!)

2 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Is James in contact with his own penis? How is it possible to not know you've been circumcised???

I am now convinced Lily got pregnant because neither know where babies come from. 

What kind of idiot comes home and tries to wake up a sleeping baby? 

The best part of the episode was Lexus's dog and cat playing. 

• Love 15

Mikayla was saying the word "vagina" entirely too much in this episode. And even to her grandfather??

James has got to be the biggest doofus in the world. What's a contraction? (When you can't breathe?) What's circumcision? (Is it what a dog gets?) What's foreskin? (Is it a disease?) But yet, this asshat said childbirth class was a waste of time....

3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Is James in contact with his own penis? How is it possible to not know you've been circumcised???

Well, i guess if all you've ever seen is yours & similar, how would you know there's anything else?

37 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I used to do that! I'm horrible, I know. But i just loved playing with her.

1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

Does Lexus's mother work nights? How big is that house that she didn't know Shayden had spent the night? 

I worry about this bc i sleep like I'm in a coma. My kids, too. NOTHING can wake us up. What will happen when my kids are teenagers? I'm going to have to chain them to their beds!

Has anyone figured out yet what's wrong with kim's (lilly's mother) face? Scleroderma? Stroke? Fillers?

Are any of the boys still enrolled in high school?

I have zero respect for Caelen. I understand that he can't be rude to Shannon & mikayla's family. But why does he allow them to totally dog his mother? Just watching him sitting there, sulking as shannon & cindy call his mother a bitch, etc., makes me just want to kick him in his nuts. Punk ass. 

Was Mikayla wearing a wig in one of her THs??

Edited by balisticnikki
  • Love 6

Well, now we know why James is clueless about pretty much everything. Listening to his mother say "Well, kids gonna do what they gonna do" while she's talking about her teenage daughter just having a baby and James about to become a father. I can imagine what their household with 7 kids is like while she shrugs and says they gonna do what they gonna do.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Not only did Lexus' mother try to wake up the baby by picking it up, she then proceeded to get into a shouting match with Lexus six feet from the sleeping baby.  I get that she's stressed out, but yelling about the asshat baby daddy isn't going to help anyone, especially the sleeping infant.  At least take it to another room, FFS.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Not only did Lexus' mother try to wake up the baby by picking it up, she then proceeded to get into a shouting match with Lexus six feet from the sleeping baby.  I get that she's stressed out, but yelling about the asshat baby daddy isn't going to help anyone, especially the sleeping infant.  At least take it to another room, FFS.

Especially since one of the things she was yelling about was that the baby would pick up on the tension.

• Love 8

This was the best episode so far because that pimply asshole Shayden wasn't in any of the talking heads or scenes.  We didn't have to listen to any of his bullshit for once.

I think it was unrealistic for Caeden to expect his mom to be in the delivery room.   It makes sense that a first time laboring mother-to-be would want the baby's father and their mom (or whoever raised them).  I agree Shannon isn't all there and has issues, but Caeden and his mom really don't need to be inserting themselves in McKayla's dysfunctional family dynamics.  No good can come from that.

James and Lilly make me grind my teeth with how clueless they are.  On their list of potential parenting disagreements is wanting the baby to wear a different outfit.  I can't.  I can't even...

• Love 21
11 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

You know, I've been hanging out on online forums for a long time. I have seen many, many posts about spitting out beverages on keyboards, monitors, and various other peripherals. But today is the very first time I almost spit out my water upon reading a post! Poor James, every day he gets up, wanders into the bathroom, and goes "what the hell is this?", recoiling in horror at the sight of his own penis. How he managed to impregnate Lilly remains a mystery for the ages.

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I agree, it was nice not to have to see Shayden this week. But it really disturbs me, hearing the dynamic between him and Lexus. He is a total manipulator. After threatening to take her baby, she NEVER should have entertained his punk ass again. There is definitely at LEAST emotional abuse going on there. Listen to the things she says about him - "but he always apologizes", "he treats me good until he gets mad". Kelsey is kinder than I would be. He would never sleep over at my house again. 

James is a fucking moron. And Lilly isn't very bright either. God help that baby. James doesn't even know what a contraction is??? "Is foreskin a disease?" Holy fuck. It's sad when the best thing in that kid's life may be ol Deputy Dawg grandma. 

Shannon irritated me when they were discussing who would be in the room for McKayla's birth. She's all, "Shellie won't even be in the waiting room". Bitch, who ARE you? That's her grandkid too! I really hate Shannon. It's quite clear, to me, that she's coming around because of the show. I hope McKayla doesn't get too attached. 

Shayden is very manipulative and is playing Lexus like a cheap ukelele. And she's convinced that only her pure and unstinting love can redeem him. I almost hurled when she was reading his texts "I'm crying now". Yeah, I bet, you little shit. She's only 15--she is loving playing the martyr. "Oh, he doesn't really mean it. He's always sorry." She should run, not walk, away from this creep. But she's 15. She thinks they're Romeo and Juliet. She thinks she's the only one who can truly understand him, and she'll exhaust herself trying to love him enough. Its a disaster in the making.

Lilly and James, oh my god. Dumb as planks. What do they talk about? Lilly's constant simper is really starting to get on my nerves. 

• Love 21

Lexus is so beaten down by her relationship with the pimply punk. While she was talking to her friends, she was saying what every abused woman says and it broke my heart. When her mom was telling her she went through the same thing, I was really hoping to hear her say that she'd do everything in her power to not watch Lexus make the same mistakes. But, she said she'd have to just sit back and let Lexus find out for herself. I sort of get it. Lexus is convinced she can "fix" the punk and that the way he treats her is normal. But, her mom needs to set some rules in stone about what's expected of the punk behavior wise when he's in HER home. That's the only place she'll have any control and she shouldn't have to sit back and watch her daughter and granddaughter being treated like shit. 

I really and truly fear for the safety of Lilly and James' baby. Not a functioning brain cell between the two of them. If her mother worries about leaving her in charge of the dogs, what the hell will happen when she's on her own to care for a newborn? Terrifying!

Shannon is a self centered, manipulative bitch. She may not be using but she's still acting like an addict. Everything is about her and if she's called out for her behavior, she attacks someone else to try to deflect. I really wish Caeden would have shut her down when she was spouting off about his mother. Grandma was trying to get the point across that the baby has 2 grandmas and they need to put the middle school drama away and act like adults. But, Shannon just kept it up. I wish they would have told her wonky eyebrowed ass to leave.

Our daughter is going to have our first grandchild in May and she wants me to be with her and her husband during labor and delivery. She doesn't want her mother in law there and I wouldn't have wanted mine there when I was having my kids, either. But, if I treated her mother in law the way Shannon is treating Shelly, it wouldn't be tolerated. And, my daughter has the mother in law from hell - LOL!

• Love 22

I don't understand why the whole world needs to be in the delivery room anyway. I'm not old fashioned in that regard, if you want your whole family, including first cousins, your UPS guy and your housecleaner there have at it; but I think some of these teenagers treat it like a party people need to be invited to. Do any of them understand that they don't have to have all these people? Surely at least a few of them of them would like a little privacy. All this drama over whether or not Shelley was going to be allowed in the room was just so over the top. In Makayla's shoes I would have kicked everyone out, except maybe her boyfriend. All those people making everything about them would stress me right out.

Shannon's eyebrows continue to fascinate me. They're completely off center and look like commas. I think they're alive. And they're trying to sneak off her face.

• Love 22

I don't get it either. I feel overwhelmed and need as little distraction as possible. I had just my husband with my first. He was overseas when my second was born, so I had my mom with me, and my 2 sisters. With my third, I wanted just my husband again, but my sister was driving me to the hospital because I was with her when I went into labor and it happened so fast, she was still there when my daughter was born. I'd NEVER have my MIL in there with me. PASS. 

I could have sworn that at first McKayla said she wanted BOTH grandparents, her great-grandma, Shannon, and Caelen! But then later she was saying she was only allowed 3. If that's true, her grandpa really dodged a bullet. Talk about awkward. 

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I don't get it either. I feel overwhelmed and need as little distraction as possible. I had just my husband with my first. He was overseas when my second was born, so I had my mom with me, and my 2 sisters. With my third, I wanted just my husband again, but my sister was driving me to the hospital because I was with her when I went into labor and it happened so fast, she was still there when my daughter was born. I'd NEVER have my MIL in there with me. PASS. 

I could have sworn that at first McKayla said she wanted BOTH grandparents, her great-grandma, Shannon, and Caelen! But then later she was saying she was only allowed 3. If that's true, her grandpa really dodged a bullet. Talk about awkward. 

HA!  Right?  Who wants their dad, or grandpa there??  That is really weird.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I don't understand why the whole world needs to be in the delivery room anyway. I'm not old fashioned in that regard, if you want your whole family, including first cousins, your UPS guy and your housecleaner there have at it; but I think some of these teenagers treat it like a party people need to be invited to. Do any of them understand that they don't have to have all these people? Surely at least a few of them of them would like a little privacy.

Dying laughing!!!!!

27 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Not married yet, no kids, but I can't imagine who would want their MIL with them. I'm with you!

11 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

HA!  Right?  Who wants their dad, or grandpa there??  That is really weird.

(My DVR did not record last night for some reason, so I'm living vicariously through your posts until I can catch the re-run on Thursday.)

By inviting the whole world, when they do the inevitable PHOTO SHOOT during the live birth, this will guarantee that no one will be missing!! :)

Edited by Bridget
grammar is important
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

You DO feel overwhelmed and certainly don't feel like  chit chatting with people. When I had my first, I threatened my husband with death if he called my mom while I was in labor. I loved her dearly but, she would have driven me and the nurses insane if she'd been there. When I'm in pain, I can't stand being fussed over. My mom would have been fussing me to death and nagging the nurses like crazy. The only ones I really wanted around were the nurses. My husband was a little freaked out about the whole thing and was more afraid than I was, I think. He stepped it up when it was down to the nitty gritty and did a great job. But, for the hours leading up to the finale, the nurses were the ones I wanted. 

It's almost like these girls think it's just another photo op for social media and akin to a party in the birthing room. 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

sulking as shannon & cindy call his mother a bitch, etc., makes me just want to kick him in his nuts. Punk ass. 

When did Cindy call her a bitch? This episode was all Shannon with Cindy sticking up for Caelan's mom saying she should be at the hospital because she was the baby's grandmother and Caelan's mom.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

Not married yet, no kids, but I can't imagine who would want their MIL with them. I'm with you!

I'm glad my son and DIL felt differently. My son is my only child, and it meant so much to me to see my grandson take his first breath. But, as someone who used to have a nasty MIL, I must say I'm a rather awesome one. :)

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Turquoise said:

I'm glad my son and DIL felt differently. My son is my only child, and it meant so much to me to see my grandson take his first breath. But, as someone who used to have a nasty MIL, I must say I'm a rather awesome one. :)

Excellent point - I stand corrected. I must have been subconsciously thinking about my ex-boyfriends' mothers and couldn't imagine wanting any of them in the room with me!

I don't suppose you son has any single male friends in their 30s-(early) 40s...? :)

• Love 4

@Bridget: no offense taken...I didn't want my former MIL in the room either, because she made everything about her (oh, hello Shannon!). Just presenting a different point of view...I'm grateful that I have the kind of relationship with both of them where I was welcome to share in that moment.

As for single friends...my son's still in his 20's. Sorry.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

When did Cindy call her a bitch? This episode was all Shannon with Cindy sticking up for Caelan's mom saying she should be at the hospital because she was the baby's grandmother and Caelan's mom.

I guess Cindy didn't. But Cindy didn't do enough to shut Shannon down either, in front of Caelen, imo. It felt uncomfortable just watching it.

• Love 4

I was bummed to have to have a scheduled c-section, but the huge benefit of that was that only one person was allowed in the OR with me: my husband, who is a rockstar in that kind of situation. I would have certainly let my mom in had I delivered the old fashioned way. But she is also a hoverer, and I want to crawl in a cave and be alone when I'm in pain or sick. She would have been a great support to my husband though, if nothing else. I get along with my MIL just fine, but she would not have been in there. We weren't all that close then and my hubs totally got that. 

I know someone who had her dad in there filming it! No, no, no, no, no. 

My heart just broke for Lexus. Girl probably has the baby blues, at the very least, and everyone is just shouting at her. I know her mom is frustrated, but she's not going to get through to her daughter like that. She needs some counseling, stat. 

Also felt awful for Mackayla. She's being tugged in 3 different directions. Her grandma is the best of the lot of mother figures, and even she was chastising her in the car for clearly explaining why she didn't want a party in L&D. And I honestly thought her boyfriend showed maturity beyond his years for not engaging with Shannon. That's what she wanted and he wasn't going to play. Good for him. And then he showed his age a bit by questioning why his mom wasn't allowed in. I wouldn't have let Shannon in either, but I'm not a 17 year-old people pleaser. 

You all have covered everything with Ditz 1 and Ditz 2 already. Good lord, that poor baby. 

Edited by Squirrely
forgot a word
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, lovesnark said:

It's almost like these girls think it's just another photo op for social media and akin to a party in the birthing room. 

"Almost"?  It IS.  You've made this observation more astutely than I've ever heard it before.

For example, on Instagram as https://www.instagram.com/sneaksandlipstick/ 

#stayathomemom #ontheblog#mommyblogger #momswhoblog#postpartum #pregnancy #selfcare#maternity #newborn #baby #birth #momsirl #rawmotherhood #momunity#dailymotherhood #momunity#candidmotherhood #documentlife#momswhoblog #canadianblogger#deliveryroom #beinthepicture
#family #motherhood #love

NOTHING is natural for these people.  EVERYTHING is a (highly posed and carefully curated) photo op.  I'm just surprised they don't stick those stupid dog ears and nose on their poor tiny tots.

• Love 3

Not only did I not want anyone except my husband in the room, I also said no cameras. When I had my kids 20+ ago, the thing to do was to videotape your child's birth, then at your next party or get together, play the videotape for your guests. Hey, I'm all for baby pictures, but no one wants to see me or anyone else with legs spread and a baby popping out of your vag. Not to mention you look like shit when the whole time. Who wants that memorialized? Not me. 

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Not only did I not want anyone except my husband in the room, I also said no cameras. When I had my kids 20+ ago, the thing to do was to videotape your child's birth, then at your next party or get together, play the videotape for your guests. Hey, I'm all for baby pictures, but no one wants to see me or anyone else with legs spread and a baby popping out of your vag. Not to mention you look like shit when the whole time. Who wants that memorialized? Not me. 

High five! They call it labor for a reason and pics of a woman doing that labor is not something the world needs to see. I just finished binge watching Call the Midwife and thought every young girl thinking of having unprotected sex should be forced to watch it. Yes, we've come a long way since then but having a baby hasn't changed. It's exhausting, messy and deeply personal. It's not a spectator sport.

An acquaintance of our daughter had a baby last year. This woman is in her 30's, not a kid, and arranged for a makeup artist and a hairdresser to come to the hospital right after she delivered for, you guessed it, a professional photo shoot! She actually changed hospitals from the one her doctor normally works at because they wouldn't allow it. It's insanity.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

Yes, we've come a long way since then but having a baby hasn't changed. It's exhausting, messy and deeply personal. It's not a spectator sport.

Agreed. To add I don't feel anyone needs to be waiting outside the door for the baby to arrive either. They don't need that pressure or people waiting, then barging in on a brand new baby. The family needs that time together & it's personal for them as well. No one else should be allowed in for a good two hours except for special circumstances & approval of the mom. You don't get that time back & it's precious. (Don't ask me how I know because it still pisses me off).

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

High five! They call it labor for a reason and pics of a woman doing that labor is not something the world needs to see. I just finished binge watching Call the Midwife and thought every young girl thinking of having unprotected sex should be forced to watch it. Yes, we've come a long way since then but having a baby hasn't changed. It's exhausting, messy and deeply personal. It's not a spectator sport.

An acquaintance of our daughter had a baby last year. This woman is in her 30's, not a kid, and arranged for a makeup artist and a hairdresser to come to the hospital right after she delivered for, you guessed it, a professional photo shoot! She actually changed hospitals from the one her doctor normally works at because they wouldn't allow it. It's insanity.

I was 22 when I had my boy-child.  My mom got me a bunch of pretty nighties and told me to bring "a little makeup for when company comes."  um, what happened?  27 1/2 hours of labor, a C-section, and crazy gas/nausea after which caused me to projectile-vomit all over a few relatives.  *curtsy*

yup, that worked out well...

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, Squirrely said:

And I honestly thought her boyfriend showed maturity beyond his years for not engaging with Shannon. That's what she wanted and he wasn't going to play. Good for him. And then he showed his age a bit by questioning why his mom wasn't allowed in. I wouldn't have let Shannon in either, but I'm not a 17 year-old people pleaser. 

I agree. Shannon is trying to horn her way into McKayla's life and she can do that by setting up an Us vs. Them dynamic. I bet Shannon would LOVE if Caelen and McKayla split up. Caelen seems smart and level-headed. He just lets her say her shit and he moves on with life. 

2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Agreed. To add I don't feel anyone needs to be waiting outside the door for the baby to arrive either. They don't need that pressure or people waiting, then barging in on a brand new baby. The family needs that time together & it's personal for them as well. No one else should be allowed in for a good two hours except for special circumstances & approval of the mom. You don't get that time back & it's precious. (Don't ask me how I know because it still pisses me off).

Yea, I'm not down with this either. We called people later, when we were feeling up to visitors. No waiting room guests for us. My sisters all had family waiting outside the entire time. That would drive me batty! 

• Love 8

Just finished this one.

That table meeting about the labor room was definitely irritating. Those grandparents have TWO teenagers. At least Caelen kept his mouth shut. But it was ridiculous that Caelen thought his mother should be in the labor room & thought she wasn't welcome because the two might fight. For one thing the two are that immature & probably would get into it while McKayla's in labor, but, the other is McKayla just wanted some privacy. You know- just her mom, grandma, Caelen, the film crew, the whole world...

Maybe she kicks the crew out before the birth. We'll see I guess.

Was she really farting it up in that bed or was Caelen making some juvenile noises?

I can't with Lilly anymore; her voice & impaired baby way of speaking are so irritating... & James, holy crap. He knew enough to stick it in & make baby, but that's damn near about it. And he certainly wasn't "protective" enough over Lilly to cover it up, hence not get her pregnant.

And James has an 18yo sister who just had a baby? And mom is like 'well they do what they do'. Yeah, obviously yours sure do lady. That poor 9yo sister of his is doomed to be a teen mom too most likely. Their mom is so damn unconcerned about any of it.

Next week Lilly is weeping on the way to the hospital. Her water broke but nothing had even actually happened yet; can't imagine her in heavy labor.

Lexus I do feel a bit bad for, re-creating her mom's life from what was said. But, she's also not listening or respectful, & likes to get attention with her SM selfies. She says no one has liked her since her pregnancy, but I wonder if it was actually before that as well. I think she'll end up with another baby before she's even 18.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I agree. Shannon is trying to horn her way into McKayla's life and she can do that by setting up an Us vs. Them dynamic. I bet Shannon would LOVE if Caelen and McKayla split up. Caelen seems smart and level-headed. He just lets her say her shit and he moves on with life. 

I think caelen needs to nip the insults in the bud now bc they will only get worse once the baby is actually here & both grandmas are competing for his attn. It would be horrible for a child to grow up around all that backbiting. If shelly & shannon went at it like that over a baby shower they were both welcome to attend, can you imagine how holidays & birthdays will be? I don't understand why all of them tip toe around that BS (from both but moreso Shannon). Enablers?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

And James has an 18yo sister who just had a baby? And mom is like 'well they do what they do'. Yeah, obviously yours sure do lady. That poor 9yo sister of his is doomed to be a teen mom too most likely. Their mom is so damn unconcerned about any of it.

Not to be "judgy" but doesn't james have 7 siblings from his mother? And didn't he say several of them have different fathers? How can the mother teach them any differently? Kids learn by watching. Idk how many kids Kim has but both Kim & Kelsey (prbly james's mother too) were unmarried teen moms. They can say, "do as I say, not as I do." But when does that ever work? 

• Love 6