Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, fountain said:

That Shaedyn kid is annoying as hell.  Spoiling a 12 day old?  Read a parenting book.  If my teenager was pregnant I would insist they both take a parenting class or not stay in my home because next thing you know they will be sleep training a 2 week old.  I don’t know why they didn’t try feeding earlier just because it was an hour before doesn’t mean it isn’t possible the baby is 12 days old.

I have to give Lexus’ mom credit as she handled it well.  I would have blown my shit and kicked dipshit out.

I'd give her a lot more credit if she kicked him the hell out! She keeps saying he isn't going to live there, yet he seems to be. 

I could not keep my cool if someone thought withholding ANYthing from a freaking newborn is spoiling her. 

My favorite parenting quote: You spoil a child with presents, not presence. It is literally impossible to spoil a baby by making sure her needs are met. Holding and cuddling and fulfilling their need to suckle are all NEEDS for an infant. 

• Love 17
17 hours ago, KayBreezy said:

Lilly...Girl, I'm married to several men in my head, but that doesn't make it so! I feel like her mother is constantly stirring the pot though. I wish I could quit watching this show, but I cain't...SMH...

Lilly.....I am married to John Stamos and we live in Bermuda, I eat chocolate and drink wine all day!!  It is great!!!

6 minutes ago, Squirrely said:

I could not keep my cool if someone thought withholding ANYthing from a freaking newborn is spoiling her.

No kidding!!  My ex once cracked me up as he pretended (PURELY PRETENDED!) to "spank" our little newborn.  It cracked me up as the image of punishing or teaching anything to a newborn was laughable.  I had a c section so the laughing actually hurt!!!  LOL!

3 hours ago, lovesnark said:

I was wondering if Shannon's baby's father doesn't want to be filmed or if he's not in the picture?

Would you want to be filmed with these nutbags?

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Lilly.....I am married to John Stamos and we live in Bermuda, I eat chocolate and drink wine all day!!  It is great!!!

No kidding!!  My ex once cracked me up as he pretended (PURELY PRETENDED!) to "spank" our little newborn.  It cracked me up as the image of punishing or teaching anything to a newborn was laughable.  I had a c section so the laughing actually hurt!!!  LOL!

Would you want to be filmed with these nutbags?

Well, I wouldn't want to be filmed with these people. But, when you consider the father of Shannon's latest offspring thought it was a good idea to make a baby with a woman who has had her parents raise her first two kids, all bets are off as far as his intelligence and common sense. Shannon's mother said last night that she'd been sober for 8 years. If that's the case, why in hell have her parents carried the full burden of raising her kids all these years? And, she's chosen to have not one, but TWO more kids? We know she's doing this show for $$$. Makes sense to me that the type of guy willing to procreate with her would like the $$$, too.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

Well, I wouldn't want to be filmed with these people. But, when you consider the father of Shannon's latest offspring thought it was a good idea to make a baby with a woman who has had her parents raise her first two kids, all bets are off as far as his intelligence and common sense. Shannon's mother said last night that she'd been sober for 8 years. If that's the case, why in hell have her parents carried the full burden of raising her kids all these years? And, she's chosen to have not one, but TWO more kids? We know she's doing this show for $$$. Makes sense to me that the type of guy willing to procreate with her would like the $$$, too.

I am happy for her eight years - now get your life together and get a tubal ligation.  I had one....they are great.

James and all:  "I don't need no lecture about parenting....I got this!"  Me:  "You can't master a condom, yet you are going to re-write the book on parenting?  Get. Out. Of. My House."

• Love 17
25 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

Why won't these reality tv parents swaddle their newborns????  I've mentioned this on the teen mom and TM2 forums.   I saw Lexus doing it once to the baby but that was it.  The rest of the time when the baby was squalling she was flailing her arms and legs.  All my babies loved being swaddled.  It calmed them and they ate and slept better.  I have yet to meet a newborn who didn't like being swaddled.

Edited to add:  I would slap the pimples off Shayden's ugly face.  My dog's asshole looks better than that punk.  It would be the day a teenage boy came strutting around trying to rule my roost!

I don't get them not swaddling the babies, either. I have a crazy theory, though. If they swaddled them, they wouldn't be able to see the cute clothes they dressed their dolly in. My daughter hated being swaddled, my son loved it. For the first month of his life, my son would scream and flail his little arms and legs at every diaper change. The minute you wrapped him back up, he'd settle right down.

Shayden acted like he ruled the roost before the baby was born, too. Remember him stomping off and dropping his bathrobe on the floor because he didn't like what he heard? We haven't seen his mom much but I bet he treats her the same way. Lexus's mom really needs to nip that crap in the bud. Show him the door when he acts like it's his way or the highway and tell him not to come back until he can act respectful in HER home. Lexus was doing fine with the baby when she was home during the day. Baby was sleeping in her swing with her pacifier in her mouth and Lexus even commented to her mom that she was bored because all the baby did was eat, poop and sleep. The minute the punk showed up and took over, all hell broke loose. Babies sense stress and nervousness and react to it. I hope Lexus's mom points that out to him as she's throwing his stuff out the door.

• Love 18

I'm not a baby person but I felt sick at the end of the scene with Shayden and Lexus as they were both lying on their sides on the bed staring at the wailing, flailing baby on the bed in front of them.   I hope to god they get their asses on track. It was disgusting listening to Shayden spout off about the 10 day old baby being spoiled. Arrogance and ignorance is such a horrible combination in a person. I wish there was a big manly guy in that house to kick his ass.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 18

Shayden does need a good kick. That poor baby... I was thinking she needs to suck & swaddle; I can't deal with him - what a total punk & bully to boot. Next week he thinks he's going to take HIS daughter; where does he get these balls from? Lexus needs to step up her mothering instinct & protect that baby, & her mom needs to be looking out for both of them & getting Shayden out of HER home.  His money, whatever there is of it, is not worth his bull shit & abuse. Lexus seems afraid of him & I'm worried for them at this point.

James placated Lily with what she thinks is a 'promise' ring, at least for now.

MacKayla is bratty with her grandfather; I don't like her 'playing' him like that, & it seems her bf (name?) doesn't either. I felt for the guy; it's his home & he does need to set the rules & grandma needs to help enforce.

These kids are a mess.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Squirrely said:

I'd give her a lot more credit if she kicked him the hell out! She keeps saying he isn't going to live there, yet he seems to be.

My jaw literally dropped open when Shaedyn said something about Lexus's mom "shouldn't even have an opinion (about raising the baby)"  I sputtered the whole "she raised several already, asshat...... not to mention that YOUR BABY is being totally supported by her.... living in her house.... <sputter, sputter>"  I don't know why I constantly forget what asshats teenagers can be.  I have several of them myself.  They just wouldn't even consider such entitled, asshole behavior being expressed out loud, because they know I have a million ways to make them learn some gratitude in this world.

• Love 15
15 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

Why won't these reality tv parents swaddle their newborns????  I've mentioned this on the teen mom and TM2 forums.   I saw Lexus doing it once to the baby but that was it.  The rest of the time when the baby was squalling she was flailing her arms and legs.  All my babies loved being swaddled.  It calmed them and they ate and slept better.  I have yet to meet a newborn who didn't like being swaddled.

Edited to add:  I would slap the pimples off Shayden's ugly face.  My dog's asshole looks better than that punk.  It would be the day a teenage boy came strutting around trying to rule my roost!

I have only seen bits and pieces of this show and don't care to see more, but, I was really taken aback in one of the clips, where a guy was holding an infant in his arm and appeared to be moving it up and own in a fierce manner.  I was appalled.  Did anyone see this entire scene? Was it as scary as it looked in that clip?  I would think that shaken baby syndrome could occur like that. 

• Love 10
On 12/4/2017 at 8:23 AM, ghoulina said:

Damn, baby Scarlet has a nicer room than any of my babies did when they came home from the hospital. Who bought all that shit???

I'm glad Shaedyn has a job, but I'm starting to notice a lot of red flags with that kid. At first I was wondering if it was just typical teenager punkassery or if the dude actually has issues....now I'm thinking issues. First, he said he wants to be over at Lexus's house because he doesn't want one parent to have more "power" with the baby. That was just a weird thing to say. But what's really worrying is the fact that he seems to think a 10 day old baby is spoiled and shouldn't be given everything she wants. Dude, she was just inside a warm and safe womb for 10 months!!!! You need to do everything you can to make her feel warm and safe out here. Give her the damn paci!!! You don't break a newborn baby of a paci, are you kidding me???

And Lexus is already bored out of her mind. Welcome to motherhood. Maybe you should have wrapped that pecker, so you could be bored at school like all the other teenagers. 

Shaeden can take several seats. He has a contented, sleeping baby and within minutes he has a screaming, inconsolable baby. When he was walking around the house bouncing her like a paddle ball I damn near lost it. He is a menace to that child. My sad prediction is that she won't make it to a year, she'll be shaken to death. He won't give her her binkie but he will lose his shit over the constant crying. Lexus and her mother need to get their sorry asses in gear and set some guidelines, with the quickness.

Seriously, I was so upset I couldn't sleep. That poor baby. And yes, I agree, that punkass has abused Lexus too. Get him out of the house.

• Love 18

I'm worried Lexus has already formed a 'trauma bond' (there is such a thing with abused women) with Shaeden. She seems so in love with him & says she's 'proud' of him as a father, while at the same time acting like she's shrinking every time he's around. It's pretty sick stuff.

The mom is in a very tough spot, because if Lexus is really bonded with Shaeden she can't just throw him out & get rid of him; Lexus will follow somehow & take the baby with her. I completely understand why she didn't want Lexus around this guy.

I have to wonder what the deal is with Shaeden's mom. She hasn't been around much because she's so 'busy raising 5 children' - I wonder how many father's there have been & what the story is there, because Shaeden definitely has anger issues.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
34 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm worried Lexus has already formed a 'trauma bond' (there is such a thing with abused women) with Shaeden. She seems so in love with him & says she's 'proud' of him as a father, while at the same time acting like she's shrinking every time he's around. It's pretty sick stuff.

The mom is in a very tough spot, because if Lexus is really bonded with Shaeden she can't just throw him out & get rid of him; Lexus will follow somehow & take the baby with her. I completely understand why she didn't want Lexus around this guy.

I have to wonder what the deal is with Shaeden's mom. She hasn't been around much because she's so 'busy raising 5 children' - I wonder how many father's there have been & what the story is there, because Shaeden definitely has anger issues.

It is sick stuff. But, Lexus's mom could and should set some rules that must be followed in HER house. Number one being that the punk has to be respectful to everyone there and if he's not able to do that, he needs to leave. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Shaeden can take several seats. He has a contented, sleeping baby and within minutes he has a screaming, inconsolable baby. When he was walking around the house bouncing her like a paddle ball I damn near lost it. He is a menace to that child. My sad prediction is that she won't make it to a year, she'll be shaken to death. He won't give her her binkie but he will lose his shit over the constant crying. Lexus and her mother need to get their sorry asses in gear and set some guidelines, with the quickness.

Seriously, I was so upset I couldn't sleep. That poor baby. And yes, I agree, that punkass has abused Lexus too. Get him out of the house.

I hope someone has called CPS and reported it. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

Number one being that the punk has to be respectful to everyone there and if he's not able to do that, he needs to leave. 

She wouldn't do that before the baby was born, and she won't do it now. She's afraid for her daughter, maybe? He is a seething ball of rage and I would sleep with one eye open if he was at my house.

• Love 5

Yeah I do sense Lexus' mom (what's her name?) is fearful of him as well. It is saying a lot about Shaeden that they both seem fearful of him.

I noticed she seemed heavier in this week's episode & I'm wondering if it's stress - between her work, her daughter, the baby, that awful kid, & being in a touchy situation not wanting to drive her daughter & baby away but needing to set limits with an angry, male teenager, that's horribly stressful.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I would've loved to shove a passy into shaydons mouth. Ignorant little twerp! I would have rose up and had him leave my house that night. Lexus def. needs to go and get her parental rights set in place, its scary he'd be willing to take Scarlett and shes not even a month old. I can see him shaking the child when she doesnt sleep through the night like he wants. He also gives me the vibes that Lexus will not have a life outside of him. Very abusive vibes like he'd threaten to take Scarlett away if she went out for ice cream or a night out with her friends. One of those, "You're a whore, a terrible mother" when all you did was go out to Olive Garden with your girlfriends. Shaydon will likely exit completely once his power and control over Lexus and Scarlett is gone. I really hope he does leave, I don't see him improving like he should at this age.

Edited by hankthetank
  • Love 15

During the THs w/ Shaeden and Caelen, they always film from their crotch level. It's gross; I don't want my gaze directed right btwn their legs. OMG, if James doesn't lose those damn wave caps and open both eyes when he speaks, I'm gonna punch my tv screen. Has Shaeden completed high school? Or did he drop out to get a job? was he already dropped out? How can he work a fulltime job, go to school and help w/ the baby...all with no car, living 45 mins away from Lexus? These boys are so annoying!

I did not agree with or even really understand Kim's (Lily's mother's) point about the baby's last name. Pick a last name. In this scenario, either choice (Kennedy or Bennett) would be valid. The father doesn't "earn the baby's use of his name." That is ridiculous; they'll be changing that baby's name back and forth every 6 months. And why is Kim filling Lily's head w/ all this garbage about Lily and James getting married. Chances are good they will never get married. Just pick a name.

Yes, Scarlet's room is LOVELY! (But why did I expect it to be red?)

• Love 6

Lexus reminds me of those teenagers that think she's an adult.  The way she talks is just like, no...you don't know how to be an adult yet.  A few episodes back when she was saying, "I'm his rock", I was thinking, it's not that deep hon.  She placed herself there as a reason to take his abuse.  It bothered me a little that she was bored with nothing to do.  In the real world, you have a house to maintain when the baby naps.  After maternity leave, you won't be bored if you go back to work.  Don't forget about school work.  You said you're going to prove everyone wrong and make something of yourself.  I hope they're helping her mom keep the house clean.  There should be no reason for her to be sitting on the couch bored.                                                       

It's a good thing Lilly is a pretty girl because she's not the brightest thing.  Last week I got a good laugh out of, "this pregnancy was supposed to be fun!"  Oh sweetie.  No.  You're a teenager.  The fun is over.  You got knocked up at 16, there's nothing fun about that.  Wait until the baby comes!

There is a baby daddy (husband?) in Shannon's life.  I posted her name in the media thread after coming across her Facebook.  Guess he doesn't want to be filmed.  I don't care much for McKayla's spoiled attitude towards her grandpa.  And grandma needs to back her husband.  It was nice to have a Shelli free episode. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

It bothered me a little that she was bored with nothing to do.  In the real world, you have a house to maintain when the baby naps.  After maternity leave, you won't be bored if you go back to work.  Don't forget about school work.  You said you're going to prove everyone wrong and make something of yourself.  I hope they're helping her mom keep the house clean.  There should be no reason for her to be sitting on the couch bored.     

Laundry also kept me busy even with one baby with all the spit ups & diaper blow outs etc. Not to mention her mother, who is paying for everything & housing her nasty bf, & who she was complaining to about being 'bored', was tired coming home from work. Lexus could've been preparing dinner for them to take some of the load off her mom.

• Love 15
39 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Laundry also kept me busy even with one baby with all the spit ups & diaper blow outs etc. Not to mention her mother, who is paying for everything & housing her nasty bf, & who she was complaining to about being 'bored', was tired coming home from work. Lexus could've been preparing dinner for them to take some of the load off her mom.

Exactly.  That's what I was talking about.  There should be no reason to be bored.  I'm thinking mom may have indulged her a little bit growing up.  She didn't seem to have too many repercussions about getting pregnant.  My mom would have knocked my head off clear into next Thursday.  She needs to have a list of chores to do to help the house run smooth.  Laundry like you mentioned, there's gotta be extra dishes with all the bottles, plus 3 adults.   

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

She needs to have a list of chores to do to help the house run smooth.  Laundry like you mentioned, there's gotta be extra dishes with all the bottles, plus 3 adults.   

Yep & get that Shaeden kid to take out his anger on a lawnmower or something.

• Love 10

I did not agree with or even really understand Kim's (Lily's mother's) point about the baby's last name. Pick a last name. In this scenario, either choice (Kennedy or Bennett) would be valid. The father doesn't "earn the baby's use of his name." That is ridiculous; they'll be changing that baby's name back and forth every 6 months. And why is Kim filling Lily's head w/ all this garbage about Lily and James getting married. Chances are good they will never get married. Just pick a name.

I completely understood it. Her mom was trying to say (without actually saying it in so many words), that it will be easier if the baby has Lily's last name because they are not getting married. 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Crumpet said:

I completely understood it. Her mom was trying to say (without actually saying it in so many words), that it will be easier if the baby has Lily's last name because they are not getting married. 

And also, when James inevitably disappears, the baby will have the last name of the person raising her rather than the name of the deadbeat who couldn't be bothered.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

I agree. I don't have an issue with the baby having his name. It would probably make more sense to give her Lily's, since she'll have the baby more. But if Lily is dead set on giving the baby her father's name, I don't think it's something that needs to be made a huge deal of. James may bail on Lily, but we don't know that he'll bail on his kid. If he does, cross that bridge when she comes to it. 

1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Well, technically someone can have a lot to do and still be bored. I'm not saying Lexus is doing all that stuff, but I felt her "boredom" comment was more about being home all day and missing her social life. But yea, it's pretty infuriating. Did she not consider all of this before letting that skeeve knock her up? Of course not. They never do. 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Crumpet said:

Then why didn't she just say that!? That made sense. All this, "you can change your name and the baby's name when you get married, just like I did..." was unnecessary and sounded almost like she was suggesting the name be dangled in front of James as an inducement to marry her.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Well, technically someone can have a lot to do and still be bored. I'm not saying Lexus is doing all that stuff, but I felt her "boredom" comment was more about being home all day and missing her social life. But yea, it's pretty infuriating. Did she not consider all of this before letting that skeeve knock her up? Of course not. They never do. 

Absolutely. But it didn't seem like dinner was on the stove & she had mundane chores that were driving her nuts. She was sitting on the couch doing nothing while the baby was napping. She can't even figure out to put the bouncer in/near the bathroom to take a shower, as her mother said, which isn't rocket science. She's basically a baby herself.

I agree she's missing her social life, & yup, there was no thought of preventing this situation for herself in the first place.

17 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:
47 minutes ago, Crumpet said:

Then why didn't she just say that!? That made sense. All this, "you can change your name and the baby's name when you get married, just like I did..." was unnecessary and sounded almost like she was suggesting the name be dangled in front of James as an inducement to marry her.

I thought that too; her point was give her Lily's last name to prevent changing it later, but yes, she did make it sound like it might be an incentive for James to propose. I don't know why this woman would ever want to encourage these two to marry; they shouldn't be procreating at this age but let's create even more problems by them marrying? Um, no!

And I'm confused with Lily's mom on this point - early in the series I thought she said she had another child in her teens, because she's in her 40s now. Lily's siblings were in one of the shows & they both seemed older than her; the brother definitely was, & I thought her sister was the oldest, so that makes Lily the youngest right? So why in this last episode did Kim say she had Lily as a teen when talking about what she 'went through' ? How old was she when she had her kids? ugh

44 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I agree. I don't have an issue with the baby having his name. It would probably make more sense to give her Lily's, since she'll have the baby more. But if Lily is dead set on giving the baby her father's name, I don't think it's something that needs to be made a huge deal of. James may bail on Lily, but we don't know that he'll bail on his kid. If he does, cross that bridge when she comes to it. 

I am 100 % sure James is gonna bail on Lily and on Baby. I believe name changes can be costly and complicated. Why not just use Lilly's name and avoid the inevitable cost and headache ? Lily looks to me like your average teen - someone who has little  $ and no car to schlep back and forth to the local courthouse.

• Love 3
On 12/3/2017 at 10:16 PM, KayBreezy said:

Lilly...Girl, I'm married to several men in my head, but that doesn't make it so! I feel like her mother is constantly stirring the pot though. I wish I could quit watching this show, but I cain't...SMH...

On 12/4/2017 at 3:32 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I've been married (in my head) to David Lee Roth since 1979!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

I am 100 % sure James is gonna bail on Lily and on Baby. I believe name changes can be costly and complicated. Why not just use Lilly's name and avoid the inevitable cost and headache ? Lily looks to me like your average teen - someone who has little  $ and no car to schlep back and forth to the local courthouse.

But even if/when James bails, is it necessary for the baby's name to changed? I mean, he is her father; that's the person Lily choice, good, bad or indifferent. I was married when both of my children were born and I gave them their father's last name...but I never took their father's last name. I always kept my own name, thru the marriage and now that I am divorced. It's really not that big a deal to have a last name that is different than your children's last name(s). It has never been mentioned, even when flying, etc. The only place I ever read documentation would be needed to establish that my kids were, in fact, mine, was in a piercing studio, if they were under 18 and I was bringing them to get pierced. But yeah, I think either choice of last name would make sense for Lily and the baby.

51 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

And I'm confused with Lily's mom on this point - early in the series I thought she said she had another child in her teens, because she's in her 40s now. Lily's siblings were in one of the shows & they both seemed older than her; the brother definitely was, & I thought her sister was the oldest, so that makes Lily the youngest right? So why in this last episode did Kim say she had Lily as a teen when talking about what she 'went through' ? How old was she when she had her kids? ugh

I caught that, too. How weird. I can't remember what Kim said exactly but could she have been saying "you plural"? Like "you have no idea how much I went through with you plural kids"?

Or maybe she's trying to make us think she's 31 like Kelsey (Lexus's mother). But yeah, I definitely caught that. Glenn is a good looking guy for his age (60); I wonder how long they've been together?

• Love 1

I've been thinking a lot about the baby shower issue and have to come out as pro-shower.

I can totally see other mothers not letting their pregnant daughters go to a baby shower for an underage expectant mom and that would be a real- world object lesson to her but I can't condone casting a baby into the role of punishment.

Sure, I would like the baby to be given up for adoption to a family that loves them and will care for them and would give them the best possible life but, for the girls who decide to keep their babies, this, for the most part, isn't going to happen so I would like to see the families develop a positive bond as possible with the new baby in the hopes that the new baby can avoid being shaken to death in the next year or so. I think of children we see on similar shows who are being neglected and abused. We see children who are completely checked out. Children who have learned to sit there expressionless, all blank faces and dead eyes, so as not to provoke anger or children melting down at 4 a.m. because of the stress in their families and it's so sad so I would want to encourage families that, if the baby is going to stay, then they welcome that baby as a loved member of the family and not some shameful thing because even if it is shameful thing, and I think it's a terribly shameful thing when a teenage girl enters into premature motherhood, it's still the circumstances, and not the individual infant person, that is shameful.

Maybe it's because I attended a baby shower for my son and daughter-in-law this past weekend. They are 30, and employed, and want a baby very much after experiencing a prior miscarriage. One of the gifts I gave them was a little onesie that read, "Let the Wild Rampage Start" and a pair of tiny monster feet slippers and the awestruck look on my son's face as he played with the tiny slippers just cemented how much of a bonding experience it is (though it was a little alarming that my daughter-in-law, a college graduate, had never heard of Where the Wild Things Are).

I do see the issue with clothes. One guest gave the couple a giant box of used baby clothes. Maybe it would have been nice to have just given the box to them at a later date but it was way too overwhelming for a shower gift. There must have been 100 pieces.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

But even if/when James bails, is it necessary for the baby's name to changed? I mean, he is her father; that's the person Lily choice, good, bad or indifferent. I was married when both of my children were born and I gave them their father's last name...but I never took their father's last name. I always kept my own name, thru the marriage and now that I am divorced. It's really not that big a deal to have a last name that is different than your children's last name(s). It has never been mentioned, even when flying, etc. The only place I ever read documentation would be needed to establish that my kids were, in fact, mine, was in a piercing studio, if they were under 18 and I was bringing them to get pierced. But yeah, I think either choice of last name would make sense for Lily and the baby.

In that same line of thinking, Lily is the child's mother.  James chose to have a child with her same as she chose to have this child with him.  If it's not a big deal for the baby to not have the same name as Lily, then it's just as much not a big deal for the baby not to have the same name as James.  He can deal with it same as she if that's what she chooses.  The whole thing about a baby automatically taking the father's last name is antiquated at best.  It's fairly obvious to everyone but Lily that she and her family will be the most responsible for this child, so maybe the baby should have the same name as them rather than someone whose presence may be intermittent at best.  I think this is all her mother was trying to point out, but as has been mentioned already, Lily is very dim.  She and James are both incapable of thinking or considering anything long-term.  

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

In that same line of thinking, Lily is the child's mother.  James chose to have a child with her same as she chose to have this child with him.  If it's not a big deal for the baby to not have the same name as Lily, then it's just as much not a big deal for the baby not to have the same name as James.  He can deal with it same as she if that's what she chooses.  The whole thing about a baby automatically taking the father's last name is antiquated at best.  It's fairly obvious to everyone but Lily that she and her family will be the most responsible for this child, so maybe the baby should have the same name as them rather than someone whose presence may be intermittent at best.  I think this is all her mother was trying to point out, but as has been mentioned already, Lily is very dim.  She and James are both incapable of thinking or considering anything long-term.  

Right, I said both would be valid choices for the name.

27 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

Lilly has older siblings. I think she said her sister is 27.  When Kim said she was a teen mother, she didn't mean Lilly was the kid she had as a teen. She has older children. 

Yes, we know her teen pregnancy(ies) were not with Lily. But the comment in the most recent episode was said in such a way that it made me think she was saying her teen pregnancy was Lilly. She might have mentioned Lily's father or something, when they were teens, raising Lily. I guess she misspoke.

• Love 1

My takeaways:

That ring that James gave Lily had to be a fake. 

I wanted to slap Shayden. Babies cry when they are bounced mercilessly and not dressed warmly. Wrap that baby in a blanket please. 10 day old babies are not spoiled and do not have the capacity to figure out how to play their parents. Newborns love to suck and it soothes them. WTF is he talking about?

I love how these idiots are living off their parents yet think they can call the shots. MacKayla insisting that Caelen sleep over. Grandpa, stick to your guns!

• Love 13

Lordy, this show. I am also hate-watching.

As a woman with no children, it pained me to see no one holding that baby while she was crying. I thought that was instinct! When my cat cries, I pick him up and cuddle him and ask him what's wrong (don't judge!)

• Love 18
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

I don't think he was suggesting it was "real" or that anyone thought it was, he even talked in his talking head with his mom that he couldn't afford an engagement ring.

• Love 2

Lilly is FIFTEEN. What the mad rush to get married?? I know kids that age all think they're Romeo and Juliet and are dying to play house, but whatever happened to just listening to "Wouldn't it be Nice" and designing the imaginary dream house that you'll live in "someday"? Then they have their babies and whinge about not getting to be "a normal teenager". I'd be tearing my hair out.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I wanted to slap Shayden. Babies cry when they are bounced mercilessly and not dressed warmly. Wrap that baby in a blanket please. 10 day old babies are not spoiled and do not have the capacity to figure out how to play their parents. Newborns love to suck and it soothes them. WTF is he talking about?

Just shows how woefully ignorant teens are about raising babies. Although, he comes from a rather large family. I'm the oldest of 5 girls and while I wouldn't say I went into parenthood (at 28, mind you) like "I got this bitch", I did help a lot and witness a lot as a kid that I think gave me a bit of a leg up.....vs, say, my husband, who was only child and not really around kids much. I wonder where Shaedon falls in the lineup of his 4 siblings. I wonder if there mother was absent a lot, not very nurturing, and he (misguidedly) thinks that's the way to do it. 

• Love 1

These kids are dumber than a bag of rocks. The worst was that little asshole Shayden. I seriously wanted to reach through the screen and slap the pimples off his fugly face. That kid is an arrogant, ignorant piece of shit and I fully believe if left to his own devices we will hear of him on the news when he shakes that poor baby to death and lies to try to cover it up. Lexus is also an idiot who thinks she is so grown and mature but is just dumb, also can see her lying to cover up for Shayden abusing her and the baby. Im so annoyed and angry, I can't even continue writing. I want to drive over and get baby Scarlett and bring her home with me. I will cuddle her and hold her all she wants.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

My takeaways:

I love how these idiots are living off their parents yet think they can call the shots. MacKayla insisting that Caelen sleep over. Grandpa, stick to your guns!

That "let them cry it out" thing was a popular parenting philosophy a couple generations ago, esp in Europe, I believe. Then Dr. Spock came on the scene and refuted it.

Edited by balisticnikki
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

That "let them cry it out" thing was a popular parenting philosophy a couple generations ago, esp in Europe, I believe. Then Dr. Spock came on the scene and refuted it.

I don't want to get too heavily into the CIO debate, because I know it's a touchy subject. But there ARE various degrees to that method. I don't know anyone who has attempted ANY form of CIO on a ten day old baby. It's absolutely insane to think a child that young could ever be "spoiled". Now, I do remember when I had my first baby and was feeling overwhelmed and scared to put him down, my mom told me "it's okay if he cries". She didn't mean for extended periods of time. But she was like, "You can go brush your teeth for a minute and if he starts to cry, finish up real quick and then come back." She wanted me to take care of myself as well. But when you're not doing anything, to just sit and watch a baby cry because you think it's somehow beneficial to their overall character development or something.....what the fuck?

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I don't want to get too heavily into the CIO debate, because I know it's a touchy subject. But there ARE various degrees to that method. I don't know anyone who has attempted ANY form of CIO on a ten day old baby. It's absolutely insane to think a child that young could ever be "spoiled". Now, I do remember when I had my first baby and was feeling overwhelmed and scared to put him down, my mom told me "it's okay if he cries". She didn't mean for extended periods of time. But she was like, "You can go brush your teeth for a minute and if he starts to cry, finish up real quick and then come back." She wanted me to take care of myself as well. But when you're not doing anything, to just sit and watch a baby cry because you think it's somehow beneficial to their overall character development or something.....what the fuck?

Right. I know of women (in discussion groups) who wouldn't bathe for days bc of the new baby. GTFOOH

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

Right. I know of women (in discussion groups) who wouldn't bathe for days bc of the new baby. GTFOOH

Holy cow - I rose every day and bathed before my hubby left for work.  Bathing is up there with breathing in my world.  WTF?  I tried letting my now 18 year old "cry it out" when he was about ten months old......I lasted about twelve seconds.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I wonder if there mother was absent a lot, not very nurturing, and he (misguidedly) thinks that's the way to do it. 

According to Shayden, every mother he talked to, 25 of them! (he actually said this), said that you would spoil a baby by giving her a binkie or picking her up when she cried. So he must have talked to the Terrible Mothers Club of Crapville, Indiana. NOWHERE have I seen this advice. Yes, its ok to let your baby fuss a bit from time to time. But letting a baby fuss a little while you warm a bottle or run for a new diaper is emphatically not the same as denying a tiny brand new baby warmth, comfort, something to suck on and a sense of security; and leaving her on the floor to scream her poor little heart out is just cruel. That is all kinds of wrong and I am right with you, @mrsh with the slapping and the desire to rescue that sweet little pumpkin and cuddle her forever. There is nothing inherently wrong with a baby having a binkie. They won't go to kindergarten with it! Eventually they go. A halfway attentive parent can read the cues and find a window when they can wean a baby off the thing. Jesus, Shayden was acting like that child would be kicking heroin. He is a horrible little snotrag and I would not let him sleep under my roof until he seriously mended his attitude. Great job, Lexus. You found the biggest piece of shit in three counties to father your child. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 18

My older two had binkies for the first 6 months, then I broke them of it. Some people may think I was harsh for breaking them of it that early, but I see my sisters STRUGGLING to get their toddlers to give them up and I'm glad I did it. But I didn't just let them cry for hours on end or anything. In the early months that sucking motion was very comforting to them, but it really wasn't that hard to remove it. My second son - he whimpered one time in the night and then stopped before I could get to him. I hope Shaedon is prepared for a child who suffers from Reactive Attachment Disorder. 

• Love 4

I'm concerned that Lexus will hardly hold Scarlett at all, because she'll feel she has to follow through with Shayden's wishes while he's not there, lest the baby cry for her when he is there & all hell breaks loose because she's been comforting her. Scarlett may be spending all her time on floors & various baby holders, crying by herself, & that will no doubt affect her badly. I feel so sad for her, & even though I know it's a tough spot for Lexus' mom, I'm hoping in the coming episodes they do something to get Shayden out of there or backing off somehow.

Anyone see any SM on these folks? 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Anyone see any SM on these folks? 

I found Lexus and Shayden on IG. Seem to still be together. Tons of selfies. Dumbass fans proclaiming Shayden to be the "best dad on the show". Gag me. 

(Shayden Massey and Lexus Scheller)

Found McKayla. She posts WAY more pics of her baby than herself, which always means something to me. 

(McKayla Adkins)

Can't find Lily. Her name is too normal and spelled normally as well, so without knowing her last name it's hard to get suggestions on IG. 

• Love 3

Her last name is Bennett! I'm not surprised you missed it, though, since it came up during that long, droning monotone conversation with her mother, who must the dullest dullard who ever dulled. "Soooooooo, whaaat are you going to name the baaaaabeeee?" 

• Love 1