Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Ricki must not have seen the majority of Jessica’s footage. That woman is a pure narcissist and there’s not a shred of doubt in my mind that she’s told Chloe that she doesn’t care about her. I was yelling at the screen when Ricki took up for her. 

Ricki was some Dr. Drew level disappointment. She glossed over some serious shit and didn't go hard when she needed to go hard (McKayla, WHY were you not using BC???). After seeing Jessica's actions all season, I 100% believe she told her daughter she only cares about the baby now. Jessica could teach a class in "How To Push Your Kid Into the Hands of the Enemy". Seriously. I'm not excusing Max's legal troubles; but they are not handling it the right way. 

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Ricki was some Dr. Drew level disappointment. She glossed over some serious shit and didn't go hard when she needed to go hard (McKayla, WHY were you not using BC???). After seeing Jessica's actions all season, I 100% believe she told her daughter she only cares about the baby now. Jessica could teach a class in "How To Push Your Kid Into the Hands of the Enemy". Seriously. I'm not excusing Max's legal troubles; but they are not handling it the right way. 

Ricki did seem to have lost her touch. Or the network told her to be soft as all hell.

I had already rolled my eyes a billion times during the episode, but the part where they all sat around lamenting how they'd unsuccessfully tried to get McKayla to avoid having another baby really just...smh. Even Caelen sat there and defended the grandparents and Shelly. "Yeah, they did try." Meanwhile, he "just didn't think about it. Never have." So...clearly y'all just didn't care which is how she ended up pregnant again. McKayla had a ton of excuses as to why she can't use condoms or BC pills but there's no way that child has tried everything since Timmy's been born. He's not even a year old. She needed a damn implant inserted when she showed up at the hospital to give birth (I realize that's impossible but she pisses me off). 

ETA: I think she got pregnant again before Timmy was a year old. 

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

No kidding - "Stone Cold Killers" or "Murder Ordained" are needing ideas........

Maybe in a couple years they'll bring back Who the Bleep Did I Marry? I used to love the screaming face the cake topper made at the end of the opening of that show. 

I was thoroughly disgusted by this show and wasted two hours of my life (it felt like even more because the time change had be exhausted while watching):

Laura's perpetual smirk makes me crazy. Her whole family creeps me out. I didn't understand the whole "big surprise" coming up but then ruining it by showing the clips of Tylor asking dad if he could marry Laura and then ring shopping. Um, why didn't he propose and then they show the clips? 

Seems Krista dropped Em as soon as Em dumped Diego. I remember Bridget saying, "Just wait until they drop you and you have no one." I have to wonder if Bridget gave her a huge "I told you so," after that went down. Diego has a serious anger problem. He looked like he was going to blow at one point and was doing everything possible to try to calm himself down. I will say that I definitely believe that Emiley treats him like a moron with the baby and he'll never learn to do anything-- or want to-- if you are hovering and putting him down when he tries. 

I am not a fan of Jessica but I believe they were 100% right tell Chloe that she needs to choose between her family and Max. Chloe seems to be back to her "I know what I'm doing," attitude, in which case I say, "Okay, go ahead. Go be rich with Max because you were forced to grow up quickly." He's not stable and is a criminal. Is this really what you want for your baby? What if he has drugs and you're with him? What if he pisses off the wrong people? What if you move in with him and he brings unsavory "friends" over? I sure as hell would not buy a car or anything else that that loser would get use from. Let him provide Chloe with a car. Sometimes you have to take the hard line to force the kid to see the light. I thought about the "we don't care about you" comments and I could see an enraged parent saying that in a "We don't care what YOU do, you're old enough to make a decision, as stupid as we think it is, but a helpless baby is another thing...."  and Chloe taking it like the step father said "hearing it with a teenage brain." Frankly, I don't care what Chloe thinks. If she wants to hitch herself to this unstable criminal, so be it but I would do nothing to support that and would be ready to swoop in and get that kid out of there if things began to sour.

Lexus and Shayden will continue to be a trainwreck.

Caelan needs to insist on a paternity test. I hate all of those people. Nothing but a bunch of enablers who-- at this point-- deserve what they get from McKayla. She'll never be held accountable for anything and that is all thanks to the grandparents. They have no right to complain about anything because they created this monster.

• Love 19
27 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

hate all of those people. Nothing but a bunch of enablers who-- at this point-- deserve what they get from McKayla. She'll never be held accountable for anything and that is all thanks to the grandparents. They have no right to complain about anything because they created this monster.

I agree and come  sit with me.  As soon as Grandpa Tim said "We will figure it out, we always do." I thought - "I am out.  OUT.  You all deserve this manipulating lying POS who can't/WON'T master birth control.  When I was 34 (34!) and having my second I was getting pressure for a tubal.  I was like, "HEY!  It is only my second....lay off!"  (Turns out I got one, thank goodness....wonder if McBabyaker will get one?  Oh silly me.....I know that answer to THAT.)

• Love 8

So Makayla's hair she was trying to cover up was likely the hair she has in her Th's - pulled back and up in a bun - and that would have looked 10 times better than that awful wig. 

no one commenting on fabian's "i didn't get to say what I wanted to say" as they walked off the stage. I wonder what that was?? 

And Diego is an asshole but I don't understand, when these teen moms refuse to let the the father of their child spend time with said child, elsewhere, why do they not get visitation set up? I know it isn't alway ideal but I'm sure Emily could trust Diego's parents with supervising Diego with Aria. Dad's aren't going to learn how to take care of their child if you don't let them try.  I do think it's weird that Emily doesn't want financial help from his parents. 

• Love 4
On 11/3/2018 at 3:51 AM, bref said:

If Bridget doesn't believe that, though, I'm not sure how it's horribly offensive for her to broach the topic with her daughter. But I realize this is eggshell territory so I'll leave it at that.

In any case, as @Soup333 suggested, I seriously doubt Diego has any deeply considered moral objections to abortion. I think he's just a controlling punk looking for any excuse to hate Bridget. 

Emiley said Bridget pushed too hard on this and Diego, the other PARENT, was offended by it. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Ricki was some Dr. Drew level disappointment. She glossed over some serious shit and didn't go hard when she needed to go hard (McKayla, WHY were you not using BC???). After seeing Jessica's actions all season, I 100% believe she told her daughter she only cares about the baby now. Jessica could teach a class in "How To Push Your Kid Into the Hands of the Enemy". Seriously. I'm not excusing Max's legal troubles; but they are not handling it the right way. 

Like pizza pasta. 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

Where on Earth did  Makayla get that ridiculous wig???  Somewhere, there is a drag queen searching her dressing room for that missing piece of her costume.

At first glance I thought it was a gag Rastafarian style dredlock wig. Insane!

Her hair looked thick and healthy when she announced to Tim she was pregnant again a couple of months earlier. How do you lose that much hair that fast? Pregnancy usually makes your hair grow likie crazy. Delivery, especially csections can cause it to fall out. 

Does anyone know what the issues were she was struggling with "from when she was younger" that caused her to lose interest in Caelen and break up w/ him?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Emiley said Bridget pushed too hard on this and Diego, the other PARENT, was offended by it. 

That’s was the only time I felt empathy for Diego. I absolutely believe it was more than just an option presented by Bridget. She hates Diego (understandably) and really didn’t want her daughter tied to him by a child. I can’t blame Diego and Emiley taking offense to that. 

4 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

At first glance I thought it was a gag Rastafarian style dredlock wig. Insane!

Her hair looked thick and healthy when she announced to Tim she was pregnant again a couple of months earlier. How do you lose that much hair that fast? Pregnancy usually makes your hair grow likie crazy. Delivery, especially csections can cause it to fall out. 

Does anyone know what the issues were she was struggling with "from when she was younger" that caused her to lose interest in Caelen and break up w/ him?

More suspicious is that Timmy was grabbing ana pulling her hair out. She would have to actually be around him enough for that to happen.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Ivylady said:

I just want to wipe that smug smile off Laura's face. It irritates me. 

I hope Anna stops talking to her.

That GLARE Laura gave Anna when Anna said she was happy for Laura getting engaged and said, "she's my best friend".  Laura just shot her a hard look after that.  I hope at some point she stops being a bitch to Anna.

• Love 5

I think allof these reality tv tell-alls suck eggs. But Indid get a few tidbits out of this ine, so they can fore Shaun Johnson and those others and just keep Rikki.  

• Fabian acted surprised to learn Emiley had a job, so Bridget's prediction they would drop her like a hot potato when she and Diego ended might be true.  
  • I learned Laura was screwing up big time, and damn near failing when she got pregnant. She had no relationship with her mom, and this probably explains why she and Anna weren’t close.  Anyone with an irresponsible older sibling probaby understands.  It also explains why mom and dad let her and Tylor go to the hospital on their own.  I guess they weren’t ready to play happy family again just yet.
  •  I also learned Laura is the schlumpiest teen mom I’ve ever seen.  I get she hasn’t really lost the weight, but does she own anything besides chambray shirts and leggings? Pregnant McBabymaker looked better with her fashion doll wig.
  • Chloe has also been revealed to be every bit the brat I thought she was.  Jessica may not be perfect, but I get the car thing.   Chloe basically sat there and threw a temper tantrum because her parents wouldn’t buy her a car if she stayed with Max.  Not only is not unheard of for parents to dictate to their minor children who they can and cannot see (even if it doesn’t work), but parents are not, I repeat NOT required to buy their teenager a car!  Like Nate said, she’s a teen, and hears with her teenage ears.  Did they say they don’t care about her, or did they say all they are concerned about is the baby’s well being?  Not the same thing.
  • Fabian and Krista were shown to be everything we thought they would be, and that is not good.  They’re enablers and self-centered.  What about all the things Emiley has to miss out on her freshman year of college (which is way more important than high school IMO).
  • Lilly/Hunter are the same person? If so, and she/he lied, then I see why it didn’t work with Lexus and good riddance.  Shayden’s a douche, but he’s too cocky to lie.
  • And most importantly, we learned everyone in McBabymaker’s life are idiots, enablers, and cowards.  Why does she run the entire family? 
Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 23
On 11/5/2018 at 12:03 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I thinkmall of these reality tv tell-alls suck eggs. But Indid get a few tidbits out of this ine, so they can fore Shaun Johnson and those others and just keep Rikki.  

• Fabian acted surprised to learn Emiley had a job, so Bridget's prediction they would drop her like a hot potato when she and Diego ended might be true.  

Definitely. You could tell just from the tone w/ which they took when speaking to her. Talked to her as if she were a stranger. 

And this tell all also cleared up the confusion about where Emiley lives. It's Bridget's home but Bridget hadn't been spending much time there, sometimes staying gone for weeks to let Emiley and Diego play house there. Very childish of Bridget! But I can sense the hurt of feeling so unwanted she doesn't even want to stay in her own home. IDK why she feels that way but I sense the hurt is totally real.

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Chloe has also been revealed to be every bit the brat I thought she was.  Jessica may not be perfect, but I get the car thing.   Chloe basically sat there and threw a temper tantrum because her parents wouldn’t buy her a car if she stayed with Max.  Not only is not unheard of for parents to dictate to their minor children who they can and cannot see (even if it doesn’t work), but parents are not, I repeat NOT required to buy their teenager a car!  Like Nate said, she’s a teen, and hears with her teenage ears.  Did they say they don’t care about her, or did they say all they are concerned about is the baby’s well being?  Not the same thing.

I agree; I bought my own first car. Parents are not required to do this. But it feels somehow wrong to me that parents would be ready, willing and able to buy the kid a car and then stonewall suddenly bc the kid doesn't acquiesce to one of their demands. And it's kind of an unrealistic demand since Max is the father of the baby and would naturally want to and need to be around at least sometimes. They already pulled her out of her regular high school and stuck her in that place w/ all the other "unwed mothers." Wouldn't they want her to be able to get a PT job or be able to assume responsibility for getting the baby where she needs to go? IDK refusing to buy her the car in this case seems somewhat punative to me. And no senior pics? That is straight punishment! If they can afford a car but haven't gotten one, then they can surely afford pics. And Chloe probably can't get a job due to taking care of the baby and the lack of a car. 

I understand wanting to keep her away from Max but it's not something parents can "forbid" at this stage. 

• Love 3
On 11/2/2018 at 9:47 AM, eatsleep said:

I wouldn't say a "bad person" necessarily. But I do think abortion is killing an innocent baby and for Bridget to suggest such a thing is morally wrong and horribly offensive. My suspicion (which Emiley, Diego and Bridget more or less confirmed) is that Bridget was a bit heavy handed in her "discussion" of it. Someone suggested the same thing to me years ago, and yes, I was offended. 

Emiley was 17 when she got pregnant; she knew abortion exists.

I think having a baby as a dependent teenager runs a huge risk of metaphorically killing many innocent people, and if it were my daughter, as one of the people affected and as the parent of the girl in that situation and therefore most likely to be raising and supporting that baby, I'd be dragging her to the abortion clinic.  If she hated me forever, so be it.  I would have done what I thought was the right thing--that's all anybody can do.

On 11/2/2018 at 5:42 PM, configdotsys said:

I'm not sure what all the name drama is about with Diego and Emiley but they should have agreed on a name before birth. If they could not agree, they should have put the names they liked in a hat and drew two: first, middle. If Emiley took a "Too bad" attitude and named her Aria, it's not hard to see why Diego would refuse to call her that. It's totally in keeping with his personality. He's a jerk. No surprise there. This is what happens when teenagers have a baby.

Her name is Aria Beckett Reyes.  Emiley calls her by her first name, and Diego calls her by her middle name.  Not great, but it's not like he's picked a random name to call her.  I highly suspect she will go with Aria, if for no other reason that that's what her mother calls her.  And this will irritate Diego, which I'm fine with.

And again, with giving the baby the father's surname.  Why do they do that??  Or, actually, I know why they do it, and it drives me insane.

18 hours ago, peaceknit said:

A good medium would be calling a person Mr/Miss, etc. (first name). Using a last name seems formal, but a first name is still respectful, IMO. 

I hate that convention.  Well, maybe I'll give it a slight pass in the South, where it has a long tradition.  But anywhere else?  Nope. 

I love that Tylor calls his in-laws Mr. and Mrs. 

2 hours ago, PityFree said:

Where on Earth did  Makayla get that ridiculous wig???  Somewhere, there is a drag queen searching her dressing room for that missing piece of her costume.

At first glance, I thought she'd converted to Orthodox Judaism.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree and come  sit with me.  As soon as Grandpa Tim said "We will figure it out, we always do." I thought - "I am out.  OUT.  You all deserve this manipulating lying POS who can't/WON'T master birth control. 

That is always going to be the problem w McKayla.    No big shakes, Grandpa Tim will figure it out.  This isn't going to be her last OOPS baby.  If she was left to struggle a little bit she could be more serious about birth control.  If made her sit in her own mess she would find the focus.  I bet begging for extra hours at the local Piggly Wiggly so the rent wouldn't be late would help her straighten up. 

Don't get me wrong Calean is not off the hook for not wrapping it up.  But the Princess is the one who seems to be without any consequences here. 

• Love 18
33 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Definitely. You could tell just from the tone w/ which they took when speaking to her. Talked to her as if she were a stranger. 

And this tell all also cleared up the confusion about where Emiley lives. It's Bridget's house but Bridget hadn't been spending much time there, sometimes staying gone for weeks to let Emiley and Diego play house there. Very childish of Bridget but I can feel the hurt of feeling so unwanted she doesn't even want to stay in her own home. IDK why she feels that way but I sense the hurt is totally real.

But I'm curious... where does one's mom go for weeks at a time when it appears they work somewhere in the healthcare field? Those people generally work quite a bit, don't they? AND leaving her teenage daughter and her boyfriend home alone for 3 weeks.  Just seems a little irresponsible to me and i'm not even a mom. i would love to know more on their backstory. 

4 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

That is always going to be the problem w McKayla.    No big shakes, Grandpa Tim will figure it out.  This isn't going to be her last OOPS baby.  If she was left to struggle a little bit she could be more serious about birth control.  If made her sit in her own mess she would find the focus.  I bet begging for extra hours at the local Piggly Wiggly so the rent wouldn't be late would help her straighten up. 

Don't get me wrong Calean is not off the hook for not wrapping it up.  But the Princess is the one who seems to be without any consequences here. 

How many oops babies does McKaylas mom have? at least 3? Although the last one maybe wasn't an oops baby and more of a free money baby.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I thinkmall of these reality tv tell-alls suck eggs. But Indid get a few tidbits out of this ine, so they can fore Shaun Johnson and those others and just keep Rikki.  

• I learned Laura was screwing up big time, and damn near failing when she got pregnant. She had no relationship with her mom, and this probably explains why she and Anna weren’t close.  Anyone with an irresponsible older sibling probaby understands.  It also explains why mom and dad let her and Tylor go to the hospital on their own.  I guess they weren’t ready to play happy family again just yet.
  •  I also learned Laura is the schlumpiest teen mom I’ve ever seen.  I get she hasn’t really lost the weight, but does she own anything besides chambray shirts and leggings? Pregnant McBabymaker looked better with her fashion doll wig.
  • Chloe has also been revealed to be every bit the brat I thought she was.  Jessica may not be perfect, but I get the car thing.   Chloe basically sat there and threw a temper tantrum because her parents wouldn’t buy her a car if she stayed with Max.  Not only is not unheard of for parents to dictate to their minor children who they can and cannot see (even if it doesn’t work), but parents are not, I repeat NOT required to buy their teenager a car!  Like Nate said, she’s a teen, and hears with her teenage ears.  Did they say they don’t care about her, or did they say all they are concerned about is the baby’s well being?  Not the same thing.
  • Fabian and Krista were shown to be everything we thought they would be, and that is not good.  They’re enablers and self-centered.  What about all the things Emiley has to miss out on her freshman year of college (which is way more important than high school IMO).
  • Lilly/Hunter are the same person? If so, and she/he lied, then I see why it didn’t work with Lexus and good riddance.  Shayden’s a douche, but he’s too cocky to lie.
  • And most importantly, we learned everyone in McBabymaker’s life are idiots, enablers, and cowards.  Why does she run the entire family? 

My thought is that it's because the grandparents parent from a place of guilt.  They enable her because it makes THEM feel better about having screwed up Shannon so badly.  I think old Grandpa Tim might have been a raging alcoholic when Shannon was young and now they're all atoning for that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I was half-watching last night (sleepy early because of the time change)--why is McKayla having a problem picking a bc method? Does the pill cause side effects for her? 

If condoms "hurt" her, there are ways to alleviate that.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And this will irritate Diego, which I'm fine with.

A lot of people are fine with that.

32 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Yes and Calen has this thing called a job.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, readheaded said:

My thought is that it's because the grandparents parent from a place of guilt.  They enable her because it makes THEM feel better about having screwed up Shannon so badly.  I think old Grandpa Tim might have been a raging alcoholic when Shannon was young and now they're all atoning for that.

I could be wrong, but I don't get "raging" alcoholic from Grandpa Tim. He may or may not have been an alcoholic, but if so, it seems likely that he was a functioning one. Not to say that alcoholism doesn't affect families no matter which type--however, Shannon is responsible for her own actions and choices. 

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Adiba said:

I was half-watching last night (sleepy early because of the time change)--why is McKayla having a problem picking a bc method? Does the pill cause side effects for her? 

If condoms "hurt" her, there are ways to alleviate that.

Because she's full of crap.

6 minutes ago, Adiba said:

I could be wrong, but I don't get "raging" alcoholic from Grandpa Tim. He may or may not have been an alcoholic, but if so, it seems likely that he was a functioning one. Not to say that alcoholism doesn't affect families no matter which type--however, Shannon is responsible for her own actions and choices. 

I think they've made mention of Grandpa Tim's drinking too much when Shannon was younger.  I suspect he's always worked hard, but spent his time in a bottle when he wasn't working.  I didn't mean to excuse Shannon's behavior.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

One thing I forgot to mention was a hearty "Fuck you!" to Diego's parents who seemed offended at the thought that someone might want to interfere with their baby boy's senior year. He should have been forced to quit football and get a job. That's the price for having a baby as a teenager. 

This was one of my rage moments last night. When one of the parents asked Emiley if she wanted Diego to miss out on his senior year like she had to as if that should be her priority right now. You're so right, guys. Diego should just chill for this entire year and I'll take care of the baby we made all by myself. Sounds completely fair. Diego had tears of rage when his father shushed him because he wanted to wail into Bridget once and for all. 

I laughed when Jessica said something to Diego about how he didn't say anything. That bitch. There is no winning with her. If he'd have said something he'd have been disrespectful so he kept his mouth shut and she calls him out for not speaking. Mind your own teen daughter's business, lady (term used lightly).

6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

McKayla was positively giddy. "LOOK at how he looks at her!" she coos. Honey. He's mentally fitting the restraints. That is not romantic.

I really don't know why they kept pressing this issue. Emiley'd explained how rude and disrespectful Deigo was to her, apparently enough that she broke up with hiim. Why would anyone, other than someone else in the midst of a dysfunctional relationship, be rooting for them to get back together? Yes, I answered my own question.

• Love 9

McKayla is such a whiny baby. She complained in the past that Caleen would work all day and she couldn't handle Timmy by herself all day. She expected Calleen to take care of Timmy for the entire night once he got home because he was to strong and rough for her. Girl, he is a toddler! How is he to strong for you? I am not saying Caleen shouldn't take care of his child, but give the poor kid a break. He works 2 jobs to support her stay at home butt. Let the man get some rest. She doesnothing all day, she should be able to take care of her child. I watched some of her youtube videos. All she ever does is feed that kid vienna sausages. Yuck!

The problem with Diego is his parents are making it to easy on him. I don't care if he is the next Tom Brady! He needs to get his butt a job and lay off on the football. Once you create a child because of your own laziness and ego you give up the right to have nothing but fun your senior year! I don't understand why they don't make him work and have consequences for his actions. I also don't agree with Emilee that his parents shouldn't have to pay support since it's not his kid. If they are not going to make him work, then they should be the ones paying for raising an idiot.

• Love 15

I feel like Max is going to end up in prison for a very long time in the not too distant future.

He gave me the creeps from the get go, even before his criminal activities were brought to light.

Good on Jessica for getting that restraining order! (I know that's not what it was called in the Starcasm article above, I just can't remember the exact term atm.)

• Love 15
5 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Seems Krista dropped Em as soon as Em dumped Diego. I remember Bridget saying, "Just wait until they drop you and you have no one." I have to wonder if Bridget gave her a huge "I told you so," after that went down.

I really hope she didn't. I hope she just hugged her daughter and said, "That sucks."

2 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

That GLARE Laura gave Anna when Anna said she was happy for Laura getting engaged and said, "she's my best friend".  Laura just shot her a hard look after that.  I hope at some point she stops being a bitch to Anna.

YES!!! I caught that look too. WTF? Anna has been given the shaft for over a year now and she was actually being very selfless and congratulatory in that moment. Laura is actually one of my least favorites, simply because of her snotty attitude. 

32 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

This was one of my rage moments last night. When one of the parents asked Emiley if she wanted Diego to miss out on his senior year like she had to as if that should be her priority right now. You're so right, guys. Diego should just chill for this entire year and I'll take care of the baby we made all by myself. Sounds completely fair.

And the thing is, it wouldn't stop there. Like he's going to graduate high school and suddenly jump in and become super dad. Like he's going to tell Emilee, "Your turn now". Give me a break. I don't give a fuck about his senior year. Take the GED and get a job. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I hate that convention.  Well, maybe I'll give it a slight pass in the South, where it has a long tradition.  But anywhere else?  Nope. 

I love that Tylor calls his in-laws Mr. and Mrs. 

My son had lots of hs friends and only two called me Miss (first name). I thought it was sweet and quaint. They were the most polite of the bunch and yes, their mothers had Southern roots. Mrs.- would be ok, but my son and I don't share a last name, as I took my maiden name back when I divorced, and I don't feel comfortable using my former married name anymore. YMMV

Edited by peaceknit
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

I was clicking around this morning and Starcasm has Bridgetts MUGSHOT! Sorry I don't know how to link but I wanted to hand off the juice.

Even Rikki couldn't pull this gang out of the shitter!

Say what????

2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I think having a baby as a dependent teenager runs a huge risk of metaphorically killing many innocent people, and if it were my daughter, as one of the people affected and as the parent of the girl in that situation and therefore most likely to be raising and supporting that baby, I'd be dragging her to the abortion clinic.  If she hated me forever, so be it.  I would have done what I thought was the right thing--that's all anybody can do.

And then parents may become offended. And some people may have empathy. 

“Seems Krista dropped Em as soon as Em dumped Diego. I remember Bridget saying, "Just wait until they drop you and you have no one." I have to wonder if Bridget gave her a huge "I told you so," after that went down. Diego has a serious anger problem. He looked like he was going to blow at one point and was doing everything possible to try to calm himself down. I will say that I definitely believe that Emiley treats him like a moron with the baby and he'll never learn to do anything-- or want to-- if you are hovering and putting him down when he tries. 

I am not a fan of Jessica but I believe they were 100% right tell Chloe that she needs to choose between her family and Max. Chloe seems to be back to her "I know what I'm doing," attitude, in which case I say, "Okay, go ahead. Go be rich with Max because you were forced to grow up quickly." He's not stable and is a criminal. Is this really what you want for your baby? What if he has drugs and you're with him? What if he pisses off the wrong people? What if you move in with him and he brings unsavory "friends" over? I sure as hell would not buy a car or anything else that that loser would get use from. Let him provide Chloe with a car. Sometimes you have to take the hard line to force the kid to see the light. I thought about the "we don't care about you" comments and I could see an enraged parent saying that in a "We don't care what YOU do, you're old enough to make a decision, as stupid as we think it is, but a helpless baby is another thing...."  and Chloe taking it like the step father said "hearing it with a teenage brain." Frankly, I don't care what Chloe thinks. If she wants to hitch herself to this unstable criminal, so be it but I would do nothing to support that and would be ready to swoop in and get that kid out of there if things began to sour.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I agree with the above.  Krista dumped Emily the minute she dumped her precious baby boy.  The whole family disgusts me.

I’m on team Jessica, Max needs to GO AWAY.  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, eatsleep said:

Diego, who has nothing to do with his baby, was offended???  That’s funny.  

4 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

That’s was the only time I felt empathy for Diego. I absolutely believe it was more than just an option presented by Bridget. She hates Diego (understandably) and really didn’t want her daughter tied to him by a child. I can’t blame Diego and Emiley taking offense to that. “

And I don’t blame Bridget one bit.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The boys in particular are a truly unprepossessing lot. Jesus, pickings are slim in the heartland.

That is what I was thinking, or the top shelf boys are using condoms, or not sexually active.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

I was clicking around this morning and Starcasm has Bridgetts MUGSHOT! Sorry I don't know how to link but I wanted to hand off the juice.

Even Rikki couldn't pull this gang out of the shitter!

Here you go. https://starcasm.net/unexpected-emileys-mom-bridget-arrested/

"The initial arrest was in May of 2004 when Bridget was booked and charged with misdemeanor theft for an amount between $50 and $500. Bridget entered a plea of Nolo Contendere, and it appears as though she was given a suspended sentence with 12 months of probation.

Normally, that would be the end of it as the completion of one year of probation would equate to the charge being dropped. However, Bridget must have done something she wasn’t supposed to, or didn’t do something she was supposed to, because a motion to revoke her probation was granted in 2005. According to court records, Bridget received a 3-day sentence and a fine."

Screenshot_20181105-145215.jpg

Screenshot_20181105-145146.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Here you go. https://starcasm.net/unexpected-emileys-mom-bridget-arrested/

"The initial arrest was in May of 2004 when Bridget was booked and charged with misdemeanor theft for an amount between $50 and $500. Bridget entered a plea of Nolo Contendere, and it appears as though she was given a suspended sentence with 12 months of probation.

Normally, that would be the end of it as the completion of one year of probation would equate to the charge being dropped. However, Bridget must have done something she wasn’t supposed to, or didn’t do something she was supposed to, because a motion to revoke her probation was granted in 2005. According to court records, Bridget received a 3-day sentence and a fine."

Screenshot_20181105-145215.jpg

Screenshot_20181105-145146.jpg

Thank you @ChiCricket for pulling the link

• Love 2