Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, DVDFreaker said:

I totally agree with your husband, look at his face and he looked stoned 

He thinks Max was either stoned or many McNuggets short of a Happy Meal.  That, and he said "His eyes are DEAD!"  Then Diego shows up and he says "Oh Geez, another Rhodes Scholar?"

I wont even get started on his dialogue when Dumb and Dumber had to move the gas can......

• Love 10
On 8/30/2018 at 9:38 PM, LilaFowler said:

Teen Mom has glamorized teen pregnancy to an extent. They see how the participants don't have to get real jobs and make good bank. These two are just stupid enough to buy into that. Max seems like he also has plans on milking it all for whatever it's worth.

I actually felt like Teen Mom (the very first iteration) was trying to be something of a cautionary tale, showing starry eyed girls who were just sure that ‘their guy was never going to leave them and they would be a happy little family forever and ever’, getting smacked upside the head when reality sets in that *shock* their guy bails on them, all their friends disappear, they can’t figure out how to be up half the night with a crying baby AND finish high school AND have a job so they can afford all the things you need for a baby, let alone have a life.  How many episodes ended with the girl crying, wishing they would have waited?  And we can see nothing has changed—each one of them thinks they will be the exception, whether it’s on Teen Mom or Unexpected.

• Love 13

What is up with all these kids calling the adults by their first names?  What rude little shits they are.  And I could just punch Diego.  Get over yourself! Abortion is not a dirty word.  I’m sure when it’s all said and done, Emily will wish she’’d considered all her options.

I tried to give Shannon the benefit of the doubt, but y’all were right. She really was only about the money. I don’t care for McKayla, but I felt bad for her. Obviously she was moving for the right reasons, and it never dawned on her that Shannon wasn’t. At that moment, she was just a vulnerable girl with a shitty mom who let her down once again.  Shannon is garbage. 

God, Max is annoying!  My boyfriend and I just had the baby shower argument last week.  Personally, I think showers are for women only, and not apologetic for it.  Let the girl have one damn thing for herself before the baby comes, sheesh.  And I agree with mom, he does not need to be and should not be involved in every aspect of Chloe’s life.  You might be having a baby together, but you’re not a married couple.  She has a right to space, activities and friends outside of him.  I’d keep an eye on someone that possesive.  

Tylor is a moron for keeping gas cans in the car.  He talked all that jazz about what he knows and he never thought to remove the gas can? And the sister was being a real brat this episode.  There is some real crackerjack parenting at that house, eh?

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm glad McKayla decided to stay put. I really do believe Shannon sold her a bill of goods. She dressed up this cohabiting plan with a big, fancy bow. She made promises of fixing up the basement. As time drew near, and McKayla learned there were wires everywhere, as well as animal feces, she bailed. I don't blame her. 

Shannon never should have depended on her contribution anyhow. And McKayla made a good point that her mother's disappointment was not at all about their quality time. Just the money. 

I do think McKayla should have made the call herself, though.

I'm guessing besides for just , like you said, selling her a bill of goods with all the promises about the house, that there was probably an inference that if McKayla didn't go along with it that their relationship couldn't grow/be repaired/something along those lines, and that McKayla probably (whether it was said directly or not) knew or feared that exactly what Shannon seemed to do in response as far as "it's done" with everyone would happen. 

She's finally just established some degree of relationship with her mom now being (in theory) sober I'd imagine on some level she was probably fearful of losing that and/or feeling like if something went on with her mom that if she spiraled she'd feel some degree of responsibility - NOT that she would be responsible, but I imagine as a 17 year old it'd be easy to feel that way.

I was wondering if Tim didn't want McKayla to call herself / without them because he was afraid Shannon would try to guilt her into changing her mind?

The hurt in McKayla's eyes when she realized it was all about her money made me so sad for her.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

He thinks Max was either stoned or many McNuggets short of a Happy Meal.  That, and he said "His eyes are DEAD!"  Then Diego shows up and he says "Oh Geez, another Rhodes Scholar?"

I wont even get started on his dialogue when Dumb and Dumber had to move the gas can......

My husband watched the first half and bailed because he "can't deal with people this stupid." His words. He saw Tylor and Laura first, and it went downhill. Them joking about the nurse's valid concerns irritated him. Max and his vacant stare and Diego with his crap attitude were a little too much. Add to that the fact that Chloe's parents are our ages about to be grandparents while we're working on becoming parents, and it's just a mess. 

Who carries a gas can in the car and not the trunk? The smell alone would give me headache.

Max is possessive and controlling. Why is his mail coming to the house?  If Chloe's parents don't want him at the shower, so be it. They seem to be footing the bill, so they control the guest list. Why is Chloe so upset? She doesn't seem to really like Max anyway. 

• Love 7

I guess I see the situation with Max differently. Looking at the greater good, I think Chloe's parents have an opportunity here to mentor a kid who needs a family. He's at a pivotal point in his life where the interest and encouragement from caring adults could send him down a better path. I know he's wearing out his welcome, but he isn't a smartass juvie graduate like Shayden, or rude like Diego. 

• Love 21

Favorite quotes from tonight's episode (paraphrased):

"We're going to let our kid make his own mistakes.  Except for doing coke.  We will tell him he shouldn't do coke."  I guess the line has to be drawn somewhere.  I'm just horrified that anyone would actually think of that to be "the" line, period, nevertheless as the outer limits of acceptable behavior and the point at which they might actually discipline their child.

"It's like when we brought our dog home."  Sweet Jesus, the stupid is astounding.

While I might have laughed so hard my cat ran away at the above, the Shannon/McKayla situation that played out tonight broke my heart (and Shannon, for the record, I hate you even worse than I already did for making me actually feel awful for spoiled, bratty McKayla - ugh!).  Shannon has been trying so hard to portray herself as new and improved, that life victimized her but she fought so hard for so many years and is now kicking butt at life and motherhood.  (Shelly, in my opinion, saw through that bullshit from the beginning;  hence, the hate we've always seen emanating from Shannon towards Shelly with seemingly little or no provocation.)  But tonight, the fury Shannon spewed when McKayla and fam called her to explain that McKayla had decided not to move in showed her true colors and left no room for any doubt - she is one of the shittiest people I've seen on reality tv in a long time (and that is saying something).  She may or may not be actively using, but she's clearly still completely f'd up and self-centered and continues to inflict emotional damage on McKayla.  McKayla, who thinks her junkie, piece of shit mother has finally pulled it together enough to make her a priority of some kind and that after 17 yrs, she matters to Shannon, as a daughter...then gets to find out she really only mattered as an income source.  God, Shannon sucks.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 23
8 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

I can not stand Diego

Wait, why would Max get mail at Chloe’s house? I guess he thinks he is living with Chloe now 

It's really bizarre. It's like he's just slowly moving his way in, without saying anything. 

And Chloe's mom doesn't help, with her passive aggressiveness. She refuses to let him come to the baby shower, but hasn't even addressed the mail issue yet? I'd nip that RIGHT away. And what's up with not having met Max's dad yet?

• Love 9
6 hours ago, onatrek said:

I'm guessing besides for just , like you said, selling her a bill of goods with all the promises about the house, that there was probably an inference that if McKayla didn't go along with it that their relationship couldn't grow/be repaired/something along those lines, and that McKayla probably (whether it was said directly or not) knew or feared that exactly what Shannon seemed to do in response as far as "it's done" with everyone would happen. 

She's finally just established some degree of relationship with her mom now being (in theory) sober I'd imagine on some level she was probably fearful of losing that and/or feeling like if something went on with her mom that if she spiraled she'd feel some degree of responsibility - NOT that she would be responsible, but I imagine as a 17 year old it'd be easy to feel that way.

I was wondering if Tim didn't want McKayla to call herself / without them because he was afraid Shannon would try to guilt her into changing her mind?

The hurt in McKayla's eyes when she realized it was all about her money made me so sad for her.

I could totally see McKayla moving in....and then ending up babysitting all those kids while Shannon goes out. She's just such a user, in every way possible. Her parents seem just totally exhausted with her crap. 

• Love 14

Anna has a right to be somewhat sullen and standoffish.  She's been essentially dropped into the plot of Sixteen Candles, but without the warmth of Paul Dooley as her dad and no hot guy to share cake with....and it went on for nine months (plus yearly, if the baby's birthday is hers).  I also thought it was fairly absurd to to ask her if she's bonded with her nephew, who is all of a handful of days old, just got out of the hospital, and has been (rightly) carefully supervised by the baby's parents.  How and when could she bond with an infant at that point? Give it some time, FFS.

Max does seem off, but I don't think it is a good idea to discourage any of these boy-fathers from doing parental things that are relatively harmless.  Sure he'd be irritating to always be underfoot and he has a house at which to receive mail so maybe put a serious time limit on when he can come around, but if the dude wants to go to the shower, put him in charge of clean up or something.  

McKayla and her family, while seemingly ticking all the right boxes for "reality TV trainwrecks", should not be on this show any more.  All of her drama revolves around Shannon, and Timmy is only very tangential to the story. Like with the basement dwelling: NOONE should live in a unfinished basement with dangling electric cords and covered in used cat litter and dog dung, baby or no. Her whole storyline pulls focus from the actual idea behind the show.  The Lexus et al. group at least has their plots revolve around child care stemming from her pregnancy.

While I'm usually pretty much against corporal punishment of any kind, Diego makes me want to march him into the yard for him to pick his own switch.

• Love 12

I guess I don’t feel sorry for Max not being invited to the shower because a)I will always see baby showers as a bonding/celebratory experience for women, sorry, not sorry and b) Chloe’s dad offered him an appropriate alternative that would have been good bonding for the two of them.  If Max’s family life is as bad as he said it was, then he should need some parenting advice. That golf trip would have been a good chance to get it. I commend stepdad for offering; that’s what real dads/men do.  Max is just needy and clingy and controlling.  Like I told my boyfriend, stop in and get some food and show up again to load up the gifts.  

And why does it seem like they’re taking forever for her to deliver?  Me thinks Chloe and Max are being groomed for the next season.  

• Love 4

Max is just so unfortunate looking. He has no personality either. I am baffled that he got Chloe to have sex with him.  I think he knows how gross he is and that’s why he’s being so clingy: he knows he’ll never have another chance to be with a girl.

• Love 6

I didn't have a problem with Max wanting to go to the shower. Who cares? It's a few hours and he's right about a lot of showers being co-ed (not bisexual). I do wonder if Chloe's mom knew that he'd been in trouble before (if his first felony had already happened at that point) and that plays a part in why she hates him so much. He is annoying as hell and there's no way he'd be getting mail at my house but he does really want to be involved. Them sitting around denying him the baby shower and than making fun of him right as he's in the room helping make decorations was mean. 

Shannon is a lost cause. Her mother wisely warned her not to get that house if she couldn't afford it and what did she do? Yeah. And then got mad and said she was done with them when she didn't get her way. She couldn't care less about McKayla and Timmy, she just wanted some of that show money. Shelly and Caelan probably had a good laugh about all of it playing out exactly as they thought it would. 

Diego is complete and utter trash and so is his mom AND his dad. Dad might be great for going to Emily's games and supporting her but he's been a shit parent because Diego turned out the way he has. All that fake sanctimony about the girl's mom bringing up abortion. Boy, please. If he wants her to have the baby soooooo much then why has he been treating her like shit all throughout the pregnancy? Her mom telling her she has options is smart and responsible. That kid would probably be so much better off if they'd give it up for adoption. At least then it would have a chance of not turning into another Diego.

I don't even have words for the Dumb and Dumber parents of Lucas. That family is so twisted. I hope Anna manages to survive high school without getting pregnant and goes to college on the damn moon just to get away from them. The parents seem incapable of emotion and Laura saying she loves how Lucas needs her just makes me think she also has never felt important in that house. And now Anna feels the same way. I wonder if Laura actually likes how bad this all made her sister feel since Anna's the baby and has maybe gotten whatever dregs of love the parents could express. 

*Also, they were beating the hell out of that baby. 

Next week looks like it's going to piss me off. Chloe's mom threatening to not be in the delivery room is cruel and manipulative IF she's only saying that because she hates Max. Kelsey threatening to take custody of Lexus' baby is cruel and manipulative IF she's only doing it because she hates Shayden. Shannon is manipulative period so nothing new there. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

It's really bizarre. It's like he's just slowly moving his way in, without saying anything. 

And Chloe's mom doesn't help, with her passive aggressiveness. She refuses to let him come to the baby shower, but hasn't even addressed the mail issue yet? I'd nip that RIGHT away. And what's up with not having met Max's dad yet?

Chloe's mother is so weak. She's afraid to stand up to or set boundaries for a teenage boy who knocked up her daughter. Who is in charge of this household? They need a Grandpa Tim to charge in and tell people what's what. Chloe is a spoiled brat but it's clear that she was raised to be that way.

Max creeps me out. He's ugly and weird. I would be stressed to the max if I had to deal with him for the rest of my days.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Ivylady said:

Who carries a gas can in the car and not the trunk? The smell alone would give me headache.

This whole cast gives me a headache.

10 hours ago, onatrek said:

I do think McKayla should have made the call herself, though.

Yes McKayla should have made the call - she wants to be a big girl....be one!!!

1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

Chloe's mother is so weak. She's afraid to stand up to or set boundaries for a teenage boy who knocked up her daughter. Who is in charge of this household?

.  Clearly Chloe's mom is a weak person, look at her actions now:  Max is over all the time, gets his mail there and she is going to address it?  I would have addressed it ASAP, told him to go home and sent his mail back to him, politely remind him that he has his own home.

1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

Diego is complete and utter trash and so is his mom AND his dad. Dad might be great for going to Emily's games and supporting her but he's been a shit parent because Diego turned out the way he has. All that fake sanctimony about the girl's mom bringing up abortion. Boy, please. If he wants her to have the baby soooooo much then why has he been treating her like shit all throughout the pregnancy? Her mom telling her she has options is smart and responsible.

Like Diego cares two cents about the unborn. His parents are worthless too.  Emily's mom was simply bringing up options, as any sane rational person would and should do!!  I hope Emily falls in love with her baby as she watches her friends go to college, travel abroad, study art in France, cooking in Italy, hiking the Rockies, etc.......cause the view from a changing table after your baby has diarrhea is not quite as spectacular.  (In full disclosure, I was one of those gooey moms over my babies.....but I had them at age 32 and 34!)

Patting myself (and others here!!!) on the back time:  I told my sons, bluntly and gently:  having a baby takes away a TON of choices.  You gotta be ready for it.  Because, Chloe dear, your life is GONNA change.....like 100%.  If that were my daughter chatting about going back to her old school for her senior year, I would flat out say:  Who is gonna pay for day care?  I am at work.  In MN the average cost is around $13,000 per year.  Roughly $270 a week.  In home might be less.  "And daughter dear, YOU are bring her and picking her up.  Not me."  But Chloe knows what she is doing, right??

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, ghoulina said:

The way Laura talks about the baby is a little concerning. She seems way too giddy about the prospect of someone "needing" her.

On the one hand, I'd say it's a good thing that she's embracing responsibility, but on the other hand, I'd probably be wrong and there's something very much other than that going on.

I remember reading about teen pregnancy back when 16& Pregnant first showed up, and about how these girls like having something of their very own--or something like that.  Laura is probably a variation on that theme.

As for Anna not bonding, screw that.  Some people just don't like babies, and even those who do might look at in on a case-by-case basis, and in the case of a 14-year-old whose family is turned completely upside down and inside out by said baby, it might take a little time to warm to it.

10 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

What is up with all these kids calling the adults by their first names?  What rude little shits they are. 

I've noticed that all of my friends' kids call adults by our first names.  I never called any of my parents' friends by anything other than Mr. X or Mrs. Y (and never could, even when I was an adult), but 40 years ago, when my friends first started having kids, they all called me by my first name.  Mr. Outlier has one business associate whose kids call him "Mr. Outlier," and I always do a double-take when they do.

Maybe it'll swing back the other way--people naming their children Hazel and Mabel and having them call adults Mr. X.

1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

I didn't have a problem with Max wanting to go to the shower. Who cares? It's a few hours and he's right about a lot of showers being co-ed (not bisexual). I do wonder if Chloe's mom knew that he'd been in trouble before (if his first felony had already happened at that point) and that plays a part in why she hates him so much. He is annoying as hell and there's no way he'd be getting mail at my house but he does really want to be involved. Them sitting around denying him the baby shower and than making fun of him right as he's in the room helping make decorations was mean.

Yeah, I thought that was mean, too, and actually saw it on Max's face.  If you don't like him, kick his ass out--he has no right to be there anyway.  But whenever you do allow him in there, don't be mean. 

And what mail would kids his age even get?  It's not like they're exchanging letters with pen pals or friends who have gone off to boarding school.  Of course in Max's case it could be court summonses, but surely he wouldn't go to the trouble of changing his address to Chloe's address so he could get those.  Given that Chloe's parents haven't met Max's father, there's some strange stuff going on there. 

• Love 8
On 8/25/2018 at 1:08 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Okay, I am the mom of two boys, ages 19 and almost 21, I am the a sped teacher and I exist in the world with other little kids.  I have one piece of advice for parents of strong willed little princes (an princesses):  YOU GOTTA REIN THAT SH*T IN.  He needs to wait his turn, no he does NOT a new toy at Target every time you go.  He does NOT get chicken nuggets for dinner every damn night or he tantrums.  Oh well.  Nothing wrong with speaking up for yourself but damn.....that kid is gonna get his ass kicked.  

Diego's parents, in my opinion, were afraid of letting him be upset.  We can't have Diego upset or uncomfortable now can we?  I have seen it A LOT.

Who is Max's girlfriend mom?  Lady, tell Mad Max to GET OUT OF YOUR HOUSE.  If your daughter leaves too oh well.  She'll be back, trust me.  To have some jackass on my couch, about to eat MY food then answering for my daughter???  Shut. Up.  You gotta move your car cause you are leaving.

Look, I get strong willed kids and yes that horse is out of the barn now ion terms of Diego.  But his mom just sits there:  "Oh well......"  Ugh.

Mad max ????

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, PityFree said:

Max is just so unfortunate looking. He has no personality either. I am baffled that he got Chloe to have sex with him.  I think he knows how gross he is and that’s why he’s being so clingy: he knows he’ll never have another chance to be with a girl.

I have your answer why that Chloe had sex with him and the answer is Chloe does not have a brain! 

• Love 4
On 8/27/2018 at 3:36 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I still can’t stand Shelley or Caelan becuse she’s a judgmental bitch, and he’s a whiny, entitled punk.  How is it that McKayla cut off Shelley’s access to Timmy? Where was Caelan all this time; did he not visit his child if he and McKayla weren’t together? Couldn’t he bring Timmy to visit his mom?  And the bottom line is the lazy bastard needs to work, and he should have been working since before the baby came.  And I also don’t see anything wrong with McKayla chipping in.  We’re talking about 2 or 3 extra people eating, using electricity and gas, washing laundry, etc.  If you want to have a baby like an adult, pay bills like an adult.  She also throws around that word “fiancé” like she’s grown and doing something.  Y’all are kids and it doesn’t mean shit.  Get over yourself.  

Laura really is selfish and self-centered, and life is about to smack her right across her puffy face.  I get that she couldn’t control her due date, but her attitude towards the whole situation sucked.  Instead of trying to see it from Anna’s POV, she basically has the attitude that the sister should get over herslef because this is about Laura and the baby now, and not only should the sister not be upset, but Laura has every right to be offended that the sister is upset with her.  Laura’s been the star of that entire family for a while, and the “low maintenance” sister has always been an afterthought.  Way to go mom and dad for thinking your superior parenting techniques and faith alone granted you immunity from shit like this.  I see no incentive for them to send Laura to the school of hard knocks, and if they’re not careful she’ll have 2 before she graduates.  

Meanwhile, Chloe is beyond stupid and delusional.  She may be the brains in the relationship, but she’s still an idiot.  Mom better check that shit now or she’ll have a Janelle Evans on her hands.  Chloe is way too concerned about high school friends and having fun to be a parent.  You don’t want having a baby to ruin your senior year?  Chick you just high school, college, and all of your twenties.  Maybe I’d let her catch a movie or football game once a month, but that would be it.  Adults have babies every day, and have to make sacrifices so why shouldn’t children?  She’d stay her ass right at that alternative school too because I would not be paying for daycare.  

I won’t shame her for formula feeding though.  As a woman more than twice her age who probably can’t breastfeed due to medical issues, I have no interest in trying either, and I don’t  feel bad about it.  Kudos to those that do because it is healthier overall, but not everyone can’t do it.  If I was a teen having a baby, I don’t think I’d want the extra stress that comes with establishing a supply or pumping.  It’s really no one’s business, and if she doesn’t think she has the time, commitment or desire, then that has nothing to do with me.  She and Max are so stupid that I think her method of feeding is the least of our concerns.  Her desire to immediately return to her pre-pregnancy life is far more alarming IMHO.  

Kelsey can be annoying, but I get where she’s coming from.  I have a sibling a lot like Lexus, a world- class fuckup in every sense of the word.  Some people just screw up everything and live in constant turmoil and chaos.  I get that vibe from Lexus, as she focuses all her time on bullshit and expects her mom to pick up the pieces and maintain her affairs, much like my sibling.  That shit gets old really fast.

Caelan has always worked and Shelly was treated like crap last season by Shelly...just sayin 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Lynnlynnlynn586 said:

Maybe I’d let her catch a movie or football game once a month, but that would be it.  Adults have babies every day, and have to make sacrifices so why shouldn’t children?  She’d stay her ass right at that alternative school too because I would not be paying for daycare.  

Yep - I used to joke that my ex and I made good parents because we were kinda dull in terms of a social life before so staying in all the time was not a stretch.  Chloe is UNPREPARED in every sense of the word!!!  "Mom!!  I DO GET THIS!' No, no you don't.  Stay at the alt high school - unless you are paying for day care.

• Love 3
On 8/31/2018 at 10:11 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

She could have been like me - I started labor on my own on Saturday, contractions started and stopped (and started and stopped) all weekend.  Went in on Monday to be induced, finally had my first born in the evening.  I jokingly tell him his birthday is the 13th, 14th AND the 15th!!  Heck, if it took a few more hours he could have been born in on the 16th!

The point is Laura could have labored all day and into the next but it sounded like she delivered after lunchtime.

And yes  - Little Sister will get to share a cake EVERY year with favorite first grandchild.  Which is fine if Little Sister wants to, I just don't catch that vibe from her.

Because you wanted to bone?

I'm rooting for Anna to get into a college far, far away and then leave and never look back.

• Love 4

I was bored last night so I looked up the Instagram accounts of the various girls.

It looks like Chloe and Max are still together (or at least were in March). She's also been to Las Vegas and New York this year, so she must be getting that money from somewhere (or it was funded by the show?). 

Lauren and Tylor are still together.  

Emiley and Diego are still together too. And ugh, she has an Instagram account set up for her child already. She also has a youtube account with a video of her driving around in a vintage car with her baby and holding said baby. 

Lexus and Shaydon are still together too. 

This photo makes me especially nervous: 

• Love 4

I watched a few minutes of Chloe on youtube.  She is even more dull by herself.

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm with @Soup333, who suggested that Anna go to college "on the damn moon just to get away from them."

Yes, The University of Mars sounds like a great choice.

All the Instagrams make me ill:  "You guys are the cutest couple, EVAH!  Like, ignore the haters!!"  No wonder they are all so enabled.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

I have your answer why that Chloe had sex with him and the answer is Chloe does not have a brain! 

I think Chloe said in the first episode that the only reason she had sex with Max was because he said he would leave her if she didn't.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I think Chloe said in the first episode that the only reason she had sex with Max was because he said he would leave her if she didn't.

Again, no brain.

Were it me he said that to, I'd have invested in a chastity belt. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I get that Max is a stage 5 clinger, however he was genuinely interested in being part of the shower, instead of some of the other dads who are complete a$$holes, rude, calling baby mamas bitches etc. I say choose your battles. The whole dynamic of this bunch is dysfunctional- her mother could possibly be jealous this kid actually wants to be there and her baby daddy didn’t! The husband seems like he just wants everyone to be happy and Chloe really doesn’t seem to like him!

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I guess I don’t feel sorry for Max not being invited to the shower because a)I will always see baby showers as a bonding/celebratory experience for women, sorry, not sorry and b) Chloe’s dad offered him an appropriate alternative that would have been good bonding for the two of them.  If Max’s family life is as bad as he said it was, then he should need some parenting advice. That golf trip would have been a good chance to get it. I commend stepdad for offering; that’s what real dads/men do.  Max is just needy and clingy and controlling.  Like I told my boyfriend, stop in and get some food and show up again to load up the gifts.  

And why does it seem like they’re taking forever for her to deliver?  Me thinks Chloe and Max are being groomed for the next season.  

Yes at my baby shower years ago and showers ive been to the father usually is there at the end to eat and help load the gifts i 100 percent agree i think Max may be on Mental health medications and or he smokes weed...

• Love 4

I felt so sorry for Anna when she went in Laura's room to see the baby. Those two immediately jumped all over her. I'm pretty sure she was joking about the way they were thumping that baby on the back but those 2 lost their minds over that remark. Oh yeah they've been parents for 2 days so they already know everything. I believe that Laura got pregnant on purpose.

• Love 13

I definitely think Laura got pregnant on purpose. She wanted someone to love who would need her. Her parents are so catatonic. I feel sorry Anna because for 9.5-10 months, it has been all about Laura and her son.

Diego makes me want to punch him in the face. He's such a rude little bastard. Her mother wasn't wrong for mentioning options, so let it go.

I'm sorry, but in this day and age, teenage pregnancy should not be the norm. Teen Mum on MTV glorified it, and those young women have turned themselves into brands, verified on social media, get paid for club appearances, etc. Meanwhile, they have not learned anything. Kaylynn Lowry, maybe? She has two divorces and three different baby daddies at whatever age she is. Of course it seems appealing to be on telly, but these young women have to know that the cameras won't be around forever. As long as the reality show money is rolling in, these young girls will keep getting pregnant and shooting for "stardom." It's absolutely idiotic. 

I am not sure how all insurance works, but I know it's free or low cost through health centres/units. So even if a young woman doesn't want to file it on her parents insurance, she can still get it. I know of quite a few states that have programmes that are solely for birth control. Our oldest child has Implanon/Nexplanon in, and it lasts for three years. I'm direct with my kids. I'm not raising any babies that didn't come out of me, and you're not staying in my house if you bring one in here. If you're man or woman enough to make one, you're going to be man or woman enough to support it and live on your own. That's how my parents were with us, and I'm grateful for it.

I'm just continually amazed at how they're like, "I didn't think I would get pregnant," or, "We just stopped using condoms." What did you think was going to happen?

• Love 14

After uber enabling Grandma Cindy told McKayla that she’d call Shannon to break the “McKayla’s not moving in with you” news to Shannon, Grandpa Tim said McKayla needed to be the one to make the call. I am on his side. McKayla doesn’t know how to have uncomfortable conversations/go outside of her comfort zone/be an adult because she’s been catered to her whole damn life. 

In the next scene, we see freakin Cindy calling Shannon, on speaker phone, with McKayla just sitting there in silence, listening to the conversation. I was beyond livid and disappointed that Grandma bailed her out. Again. 

What the hell happened to McKayla making the call? I would love to see the footage of the argument that went down where Cindy told Tim that McKayla shouldn’t have to make the phone call. He clearly lost that battle.

Unpopular opinion perhaps, but I have never been a fan of McKayla. I saw it in season one and I just can’t with her. She pits people against each other and doesn’t get involved at all, so she doesn’t look like she’s got a voice or opinion. She remains the little girl who lost her father, had/has an addict for a mom and grew up with her grandparents. She’s playing some sort of martyr/victim act and I don’t care for it at all. She strikes me as being quite opinionated and doesn’t care who she pisses off, especially with her horrible “pranks.” 

When she mentioned going to college and how she’d need her grandparents to help, I wasn’t surprised. Not sure if it’s financial help or someone to watch the baby while she’s in classes, but God forbid she grows up and does what the rest of the world does: gets financial aid/grants that nearly every undergraduate is eligible for, along with daycare (on or off campus) for her son while she’s in school.  She can also take out some student loans and start adulting at any time. The sooner the better! 

I don’t buy the whole “I want everyone to like me” ruse she’s got going on. If she was really THAT upset about Shannon’s true intent about the two of them living together, she should’ve asked her mom to coffee and explained why she wasn’t moving in and also mentioned “it hurts my feelings that you’re looking at me as a dollar sign instead of your daughter.” By avoiding her mom, as terrible as Shannon is, McKayla is only driving a deeper wedge into their relationship. I hate that I have to say anything decent about Shannon. Damn you, McKayla!

I’m taking a wild guess here, but why the hell isn’t M in therapy? Kid or no kid, she’s got issues to work out and needs to learn some coping tools and communication skills ASAP instead of relying on her grandparents to bail her out of everything. They’re doing her no favors at all. Her crazy & ridiculous  weekly on again/off again relationship with Caelan should be a red flag to anyone who cares about her that she needs some sort of help ASAP. Whether she has daddy issues or not, that isn’t a healthy relationship for either one of them and shouldn’t be encouraged. 

M claims to be to grown in one segment, but then we see evidence of her immaturity ten minutes later. I know the editing monkeys are partially to blame, but as someone who works with teenagers of this entitled/zero responsibility for my actions era, it really pisses me off to see it happening. I don’t understand these grandparents/parents who think it’s OK to bubble wrap these teens instead of teaching their kids the basics of life:

-how to interact with and be civil/ respectful of those you don’t like

- how to handle your business appropriately (keep commitments, be the one to communicate when things go sideways)

-learn that there are consequences to your actions 

And most importantly, unprotected sex = a baby! 

I see kids practically fornicating at the mall, so I don’t understand why their parents don’t pay attention to their teens who date and the telltale signs. Working long hours + sneaky kids = maybe they don’t know, but when in doubt, talk it out! The trend I’ve seen as a teacher is that parents want to be a friend, not an authority figure.

Even if the “adults” are too embarrassed to have the sex talk with their kids, they need to head down to Planned Parenthood and grab every brochure about the services offered, take a handful of the available free condoms, throw in some phallic shaped produce and print some FAQs about safe sex. 

@AussieBabe, kudos to you for making sure your oldest is protected! If I’m honest, I wish all teenage girls had that type of prevention in place. I’m not saying that it’s up to the girls to be responsible about birth control, but let’s take a look at these boys on the show. They don’t even know to not keep an empty gasoline can in the backseat, next to their newborn in a car seat, yet are raving about how their 17 year old arses are the most knowledgeable parents who have ever lived?  I doubt they can figure out how to put on a condom correctly. 

I also think it’s smart to have both people protected to further reduce chances of an unplanned pregnancy! 

Sex education is a joke in most schools and I can confirm that the students are not told about resources like Planned Parenthood or that it takes 90 continuous days of taking the pill at the exact same time, every day, for it to be effective. The off the record conversations I’ve had with my students shocks me as they truly don’t know the first thing about how to protect themselves. I once had a group of 8th grade girls share with me that their #1 goal was to graduate high school without getting pregnant “like their sisters all did.” 

I didn’t realize I was so fired up about this until I started typing! 

I still don’t care for McKayla or her grandmother. 

Edited by Bridget
Spelling & grammar are always important!
  • Love 9
On 8/16/2018 at 4:53 AM, bethster2000 said:

How on earth did Stinky (my name for Lexus, who always looks...unclean) have time for The Pole AND The Hole as a new mom?  She's got a lesbian lover on the side while Meth Face is in jail?   Didn't she have diapers to change?  Bottles to heat up?  More on her mind than playing two obsessive lovers off of one another while she trowels 32 pounds of makeup on her face?

I agree about Lexus not really paying attention to being a new mom and seemingly being flippant about motherhood, but the rest of this post feels unnecessarily misogynistic and slut shaming towards a 16-year-old girl navigating multiple abusive relationship dynamics. Anyway, I don't think it was a conscious thought process by Lexus of "I'm going to be super sexy and toy around with both genders! Fuck motherhood!" and probably more that she was tired of Shayden treating her like crap and wanted to spite him emotionally. She also likely rationalized her affair with Lilly as not "real cheating" because Shayden himself drooled over the idea of her having sexual fantasies about girls. I still can't believe the number of men who don't consider their girlfriends/wives hooking up with women to be true infidelity...because women having sex doesn't count, I guess? and besides, most of her affair with Lilly seemed to be the two of them playing house with Scarlet, so even though Lexus' affair was obviously primarily selfish and self motivated, she did appear to be trying to find someone who would supplement the parenting dynamic that Shayden is clearly incapable of giving. Now, of course it didn't work out because she's an impulsive 16-year-old who will do anything for a shred of validation or affection, and I'm probably giving her too much credit, but I think her intention in terms of the secondary benefit of providing Scarlet with another parent was good, albeit naïve and shortsighted.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Robbie M said:

Laura's parents creep me out....like in a Criminal Minds unsub way. 

There's something so off about that household. I could see Laura getting pregnant to have someone to love/love her unconditionally. The parents just seem really standoffish and stiff. Anna is the only person I'm rooting for besides the babies. LOL. I just want her to get far away and be free and emotionally healthy.

39 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I agree about Lexus not really paying attention to being a new mom and seemingly being flippant about motherhood, but the rest of this post feels unnecessarily misogynistic and slut shaming towards a 16-year-old girl navigating multiple abusive relationship dynamics. Anyway, I don't think it was a conscious thought process by Lexus of "I'm going to be super sexy and toy around with both genders! Fuck motherhood!" and probably more that she was tired of Shayden treating her like crap and wanted to spite him emotionally. She also likely rationalized her affair with Lilly as not "real cheating" because Shayden himself drooled over the idea of her having sexual fantasies about girls. I still can't believe the number of men who don't consider their girlfriends/wives hooking up with women to be true infidelity...because women having sex doesn't count, I guess? and besides, most of her affair with Lilly seemed to be the two of them playing house with Scarlet, so even though Lexus' affair was obviously primarily selfish and self motivated, she did appear to be trying to find someone who would supplement the parenting dynamic that Shayden is clearly incapable of giving. Now, of course it didn't work out because she's an impulsive 16-year-old who will do anything for a shred of validation or affection, and I'm probably giving her too much credit, but I think her intention in terms of the secondary benefit of providing Scarlet with another parent was good, albeit naïve and shortsighted.

This is interesting because it also seems like Kelsey didn't really consider it a real relationship - or it wasn't on the same level as Lexus/Shayden. I can't wait until next week because I'd like to hear Kelsey explain how "playing house" with a girlfriend is any different than doing it with the actual father of her child. Or maybe it's the totality of the situation that has made her feel like Lexus and Shayden aren't ready to be parents.

Also agree with a lot of what was said about McKayla above. She should have been the one to call her mom and tell her she wasn't moving in, but I wouldn't have minded her grandparents/Caelan listening to the call. There is a lot of manipulation going on in that family dynamic. McKayla's probably just picked it up watching the adults in her family. Tim seems like the only straightforward one and McKayla has him wrapped around her finger.

• Love 6
On 9/3/2018 at 5:54 PM, configdotsys said:

I think what Chloe said is that she only had sex with Max because SHE THOUGHT he would leave her if she didn't. Max then said that if he would know that was the reason why she had sex with him he would wait to have sex because he would not leave her. I only know because I just started to watch this show from beginning this past Friday (I know, what was I thinking? How could I not watch this delicious mess if I also watch TM?)

• Love 8
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:51 PM, BravoAddict72 said:

My husband and 2 of his brothers all had babies either at the end of high school or the year after with their high school girlfriends and none of them stayed together. My MIL would find condoms in their rooms and throw them away. She figured if they didn't have condoms they wouldn't have sex. After the first and then the second time you would have thought that she would learn her lesson for the next, but nope. My 10 year old knows about condoms and we have had demonstrations with condoms and bananas. I never understood her reasoning and I won't do that to my son. I would rather buy him the condoms then have a child so young.

Pfft, I'll leave condoms out in a candy dish for my kids if I knew they'd use them.  

• Love 6
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Well, I'm sure it's miserable now, anyway.

But I'm fine with them not being there for the birth, or even showing any interest in being there.  These pregnant teens get such mixed signals:  They're told it's the worst thing that could ever possibly happen, that their lives will be irrevocably changed for the worse, but then wheeee!  The baby is here!!!!!!  Let's celebrate!!!!!!

I wish more of the teens' parents would act like the whole thing is a blip in their schedule, to force these idiots to deal with the consequences.  I'm sure the teen will be pissed off, but presumably parents do things that piss teens off all the time. 

It's just such an impossible situation, which makes me even madder at everyone involved. 

I get being disappointed in your kid if they become pregnant but in my opinion, that's not a green light to be cruel.  Giving birth is terrifying.  I couldn't imagine not being there for my daughter (if she wanted me there) because I was more concerned with "sticking it to her" than being with her during one of the most special things she'll ever do in her life.

• Love 13
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:32 PM, Quilty said:

On the way to the hospital Laura's boyfriend (can't remember his name) said "why did we do this?" After a few seconds Laura mumbled something like "we didn't try to get pregnant ". The boyfriend was oh right! Yeah no not on purpose! BUSTED! Most or all of these idiots want to get knocked up.

That's when I yelled at the TV "LIKE HELL YOU DIDN'T!!!"  When you have sex regularly without any sort of protection, you ARE trying to get pregnant.  Period.  The whole "not trying, not preventing" is bullshit.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:05 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Per Laura and her weird family:  I just saw the part with Little Sister's birthday.  Ouch.  I found the painful part to be the cake in the kitchen.  The who thing was awkward.  "We got you this cake from the store, your name is not on it but we did find some candles.  Now let's sing Happy Birthday and not look at our watches cause we gotta leave soon."  It was so awkward, forced and clearly an afterthought.

I don't fault the parents for not showing up afterwards, they should not be in the delivery room.  That is for Mom and Dad.  Truthfully had that been me I would have taken Second Best Daughter out for the day, showed up later.  The baby does not change that much, lol.  "See ya later Preggo - it is Second Best's birthday so Dad and I are taking her shopping, to a movie, go kart racing, whatever she wants.  See ya later."

I am kinda harsh, I admit but no need to to cater to the irresponsible one when Second Best has done nothing wrong that we know of, at least not yet.

Eh, these ARE still children, despite taking on adult responsibilities they have no business taking on.  I think it's pretty damn harsh and even a little cruel to leave your kid alone to give birth at such a young age (assuming she wanted her parents there.)  Of course, I don't ascribe to the whole "only mom and dad belong in the delivery room" narrative.  I was 34 when I gave birth the first time and you're damn right I wanted my mama there.   Laura has got a lot of years ahead of her to realize and regret being so blasé about contraception.  There's no need to punish her when she'll be at her most vulnerable and probably scared out of her mind. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, lezlers said:

I get being disappointed in your kid if they become pregnant but in my opinion, that's not a green light to be cruel.  Giving birth is terrifying.  I couldn't imagine not being there for my daughter (if she wanted me there) because I was more concerned with "sticking it to her" than being with her during one of the most special things she'll ever do in her life.

I don't see it as "sticking it to her."  And do we know that Laura even wanted her there? 

• Love 3