Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

I can't stop laughing at the bi sexual baby shower.  My hat's off to you Max.

If Chloe says I know what I'm doooooinnggg one more time, I'll scream.    I'm 47 with a 12 year old and I question if I know what I'm doing some days!

What bothered me most was Laura's Dad in her first episode.  He knew his wife had to give him bad news about Laura and the worst thing he could think was she lost her job or wrecked the car? Ugh.  I'd be worried about major health issues.  Maybe it's just me?

• Love 9
5 hours ago, IgnoranceisBLISS said:

I don't think they know how to show emotion. Her father looks like he is in constant confusion and her mom just sits there like a bump on a log. They couldn't even get Anna a cake that said Happy Birthday on it and don't even get me started about the not showing even the slightest interest for being there at the birth. They acted like it was a blip in their schedule to have to attend.  That must be a miserable house to live in.

Well, I'm sure it's miserable now, anyway.

But I'm fine with them not being there for the birth, or even showing any interest in being there.  These pregnant teens get such mixed signals:  They're told it's the worst thing that could ever possibly happen, that their lives will be irrevocably changed for the worse, but then wheeee!  The baby is here!!!!!!  Let's celebrate!!!!!!

I wish more of the teens' parents would act like the whole thing is a blip in their schedule, to force these idiots to deal with the consequences.  I'm sure the teen will be pissed off, but presumably parents do things that piss teens off all the time. 

It's just such an impossible situation, which makes me even madder at everyone involved. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Some kids ARE low maintenance, though, and I have definitely said so out loud, to my kids.  I have a 5 year old who likes to get undressed and run outside, climb trees and jump off of them, try to open the door in a moving car (thank god for safety locks)... he is just a lot of work, all the time.  My 9 year old is easy and he has always been easy.  I tell him that, and he is so happy that he beams.  

I just don't understand the outrage for saying it. 

Because they weren't saying it in a way like she's a good, responsible kid. They were using it as an excuse for why it's cool that they're all hyper involved with Laura. And Anna's face didn't say she was happy about. Her face said, IMO, "Thanks a lot for ignoring me and favoring the kid who fucked up."

• Love 22
15 hours ago, cmpbl said:

I have no problem with Mckayla helping out with expenses, although $500 a month is too much. I do have a problem with her living in the basement. I don't care if she wanted to. Her mother should have told her no because the basement is not safe for her and Timmy to live in. I feel sorry for Chloe and Max's baby it is doomed from the start with those two.

My question is - if McKayla HAD opted for a room upstairs, who would have ended up in the basement??? With all the people living in that house, I don't think there are just rooms to spare. 

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But I'm fine with them not being there for the birth, or even showing any interest in being there.  These pregnant teens get such mixed signals:  They're told it's the worst thing that could ever possibly happen, that their lives will be irrevocably changed for the worse, but then wheeee!  The baby is here!!!!!!  Let's celebrate!!!!!!

I wish more of the teens' parents would act like the whole thing is a blip in their schedule, to force these idiots to deal with the consequences.  I'm sure the teen will be pissed off, but presumably parents do things that piss teens off all the time. 

I understand where you are coming from and I don't think there should be any huge celebrations (other than for a healthy baby) but you also don't want your kids to think that you won't be there for them because they messed up. There is a difference between loving your child even though they made a mistake and condemning them for it. Children are going to make mistakes some bigger than others but that doesn't mean you just turn your back on them and go about your daily duties.  We see how well that is turning out with Anna and her resentment.  I have a feeling that is part of the problem in that family and Laura is going to pay for this mistake for the rest of her life and I'm not just talking about raising the baby.

• Love 9
On 8/27/2018 at 7:39 AM, ghoulina said:

I think it really really sucks that McKayla was withholding Timmy from Shelly. I know a lot of people don't like Shelly; and maybe she coddles Caelen a bit, but she is the one who was there for McKayla throughout her entire pregnancy. Shannon only showed up towards the end, wanting to rekindle things. She wasn't around for YEARS before. I'm of the mind that she heard about the show and caught a sudden interest in being part of her daughter's life. McKayla has seemingly fallen for her crap, but Shelly and Caelen know better. 

I'm disappointed that Calen actually allowed her to set up that situation.  If I were him I'd be like bitch, i'm taking my child, going to my house so MY mom can see her grandson.

But maybe Shannon said or did something that was really awful and made everyone agree with McKayla.  I've always thought Shelly was a voice of reason. 

16 hours ago, cmpbl said:

I have no problem with Mckayla helping out with expenses, although $500 a month is too much. I do have a problem with her living in the basement. I don't care if she wanted to. Her mother should have told her no because the basement is not safe for her and Timmy to live in. I feel sorry for Chloe and Max's baby it is doomed from the start with those two.

$500 for an 18 year old is WAYYYY too much.  My first apt was $250. Granted that was almost 20 years ago.. but still. 

And I think they said on the show that Shannon is not working - oh yea, Calen said it lol   so she's getting money from somewhere.. just like McKayla is. 

What grandpa and grandma need to do is tell Shannon and McKayla that WHEN the basement is fixed up then they will consider it. There's no way that basement is getting fixed up any time soon.  And with what money???? 

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, IgnoranceisBLISS said:

I understand where you are coming from and I don't think there should be any huge celebrations (other than for a healthy baby) but you also don't want your kids to think that you won't be there for them because they messed up. There is a difference between loving your child even though they made a mistake and condemning them for it. Children are going to make mistakes some bigger than others but that doesn't mean you just turn your back on them and go about your daily duties. 

I didn't mean to suggest that the parents turn their backs on the teens.  Kicking the kid out without offering any alternatives?  That, to me, would be turning your back on her. 

But the mistake was getting pregnant, and that can be addressed by adoption, or abortion, or by agreeing to help raise the baby, and I don't consider any of those to be turning their back on the teen.  The problem is that all of them are sucky alternatives, which is why I think it's an impossible situation, from a practical standpoint.

• Love 1
On 8/26/2018 at 11:36 PM, KBrownie said:

I may be in the minority, but I don't think there's anything wrong with asking McKayla to contribute to the housing for herself and her child.  She gave up all the kid stuff when she chose to bring a baby into the world. 

I agree with you. McKayla is an entitled, know it all, I'm better than everyone else, brat and since she knows everything, well fine: figure out a way to pay rent, go to school and take care of your kid. After you evaluate the situation and see that it's not feasible, then you make a grown up decision and stay where you are because that is what is affordable. No time like the present to learn.

On 8/27/2018 at 1:19 PM, BravoAddict72 said:

Sorry, but I have zero respect for Shannon. After losing custody of her first two kids for drugs, she claims she got clean then had 2 more kids. However, she never bothered to regain custody of the first 2. She let her parents do all the hard work of raising and supporting her children and then just tries to walk back into their lives like nothing happened with her new kids. Nope. She is the worst. She has a problem with Caelan's mother because she just waltzed in and wanted Shelley to include her in the baby shower and make it a double shower when Shelley was paying for it. Where was she for all those years up until McKayla was pregnant? Absent! 

I will never have any respect for Shannon-- a grown woman-- who whined in the first episode about all the attention that she was expecting to be given to her was given to Mikayla. That is infantile behavior for a grown up.

2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Well, I'm sure it's miserable now, anyway.

It's just such an impossible situation, which makes me even madder at everyone involved. 

Bravo! Yes. I think these kids should be thrown into the fire. Fine, they can live at home, but the baby is the responsibility of the teen. Have to go to school? Okay, well the parents have to go to work. What are you going to do? Look into daycare. Look into assistance programs. This is what the teens should be made to do. This is life now. But it's your life. The parents should not have to alter their lifestyle because you thought it was better to spend your money for a McDouble and fries than a pack of condoms.

The grandparents can still love the baby and play with it and buy things and stuff, but the meat of the parenting: getting up at night, figuring out day care, all that stuff should be pushed onto the teen that "knows what [they] are doing."

• Love 12
21 hours ago, Ravello said:

Mykala  should not be asked to share expenses with Shannon.  Shannon is looking for easy money. No way in hades should Mykala and Timmy be allowed to move into that filthy house.  I’m not sure she still attends school.  But she is likely to drop out of school if she needs to get a job to support Shannon.  

My biggest complaint about this show is lack of reference to the girl’s education.  We know Chloe still attends but what about the rest.  Lack of education and job skill will lead to lifetime low income jobs, or no jobs.  Single parenthood likely means the next generation will grow up poor and uneducated.  

Shannon’s parents are saving the lives of their grandchildren and great grandson.  Kudos to them and hope they get through to Mykala. 

I think that Lexus goes to school and doubt that Kelsey would allow her to not complete high school. Emilie probably still goes to school, too, as she is anxious to get back to cheering and didn't she ask the doctor about how soon she could start exercising so she could be ready for college cheering tryouts? McKayla graduated this year. Laura probably dropped out since she seems like a lazy cow.

• Love 2

I'm very interested in finding out if McKayla knew that Shannon had priced her rental based on McKayla's expected contribution before she actually got it. From the way that phone call was teased I'm betting she didn't which means Shannon is just about the dumbest person ever. If Shannon's still unemployed this means she went out and applied for houses she knew she couldn't afford on her own and fully expected her 17 year old daughter to move in and make up the difference. Who does that besides a user? How long was this supposed to last? McKayla would never be able to move out because she's be leaving her mom in a lurch - and this is probably another reason Shannon didn't want Caelan to move in. Ideally, they'd break up and McKayla would move in and pay her rent and utilities with the money she makes from the show and social media. Shannon would never have to get off her "lazy ass" and she and McKayla could bond with their same age babies and whatnot. *roll eyes* 

ETA: What makes it even worse is that if McKayla didn't know/agree to being responsible (versus "helping out") then Shannon is making financial decisions *for* her 17 year old daughter. McKayla probably can't sign a lease since she's underage but she's locked in by guilt. She has to help Shannon now because if she doesn't it'll be her fault if her mom and siblings lose their home - at least this is how Shannon will spin it. If McKayla pulls out of the deal it'll be the grandparent's fault, Caelan's fault, Shelly's fault - but never Shannon's. And I'd bet anything that McKayla still helps her out because she'll feel bad. At the end of the day, Shannon will have manipulated them all, which is probably how it's been going for a long time anyway.

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 20

I just want to explain a few things :)

When women are unemployed and are pregnant and/or have minor children, they are eligible for public assistance, aka., welfare. Public assistance includes cash assistance, housing assistance, food assistance, healthcare assistance, daycare assistance, emergency assistance and other incidentals depending on the state/county. 

I'm a Section 8 landlord in Ohio (Where McKayla and Shannon, etc. live). My tenants can receive anywhere from $100 - about $1100/month in housing assistance. And there is no time limit for that. They can continue to receive it as long as they have children under the age of 18, if they do not violate the rules. And yes, they can receive it if they are married (but the amount is usually decreased). Most of my tenants receive about $800/month. Some work, some do not. The amount is based on the number of children, the number of bedrooms in the house, the condition of the house, the area the house is in and other factors related to their family such as if any of the children are disabled, the genders of the children and other things. 

Shannon has custody of two kids (who I think are both girls???). Section 8 will pay for a 2 bedroom house for her.  Three bedroom is one child is a boy. Or three bedrooms if there is some specific reason why both of her girls cannot share a bedroom. But I think both of her kids are girls, right? Adding McKayla and Timmy to her household could put Shannon at a disadvantage bc it increases the household income...and adds a penis. If Caelen moved in legally, it significantly drop her eligibility $, and if he moved in illegally, it would jeopardize her voucher. But Shannon and McKayla moving in together would allow them to get a bigger and/or better place *if* they are both eligible for decent $ vouchers. But if McKayla earns decent money from social media then she might not qualify for too much. I have no idea what vloggers, etc., make. 

Shannon would be smart to get on Section 8 and get he 2 bedroom for her and her kids. IDK if the house they're moving into is Section 8. But I tend to doubt it bc Section 8 houses have to pass inspections at least once a year and as often as possibly 3/x a year. 

Not sure how many landlords in their town accept Section 8 but I'm sure a few could be talked into it.

Shannon could provide McKayla w/ free formula thru WIC, especially if she supplements w/ breastmilk. 

All the moms would quality for Title XX, which is free or greatly reduced daycare. So they could attend regular high schools and drop their babies off to daycare all day.

If the teen moms remain living at home w/ their parents, they will still receive public assistance and their parents will not be inconvenienced financially.

Edited by eatsleep
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12

^^ Good points. Title XX would definitely help some of these girls with childcare if they were to apply for it. 

I also doubt this situation with Shannon is a Section 8 thing. As a landlord maybe you can advise, wouldn’t the wires hanging in the basement make the house fail the move in inspection? 

And we don’t know where Shannon’s boyfriend is living or if he’s still in the picture. That’s one factor but the main thing is that McKayla/Timmy would have to be on Shannon’s voucher to move in with them. She can’t just let someone stay there “illegally”, and pay rent no less, unless she’d want to risk losing her voucher. 

As a teen mother I could not receive financial/food assistance while living at home. This was over twenty years ago so things may have changed but they included everyone’s income and the only thing I could get was medical insurance which I didn’t need since I was still on my mother’s.  

• Love 1
On 8/27/2018 at 3:40 PM, Soup333 said:

You've chosen to believe that McKayla chose the basement over the bedroom but Shannon is the only one who has mentioned that. For all we know, that could be another of Shannon's lies.

Shannon seemed pretty surprised that McKayla didn’t tour the house with her grandparents.  That was kind of shitty of her to go to lunch with Shelly at that time if she knew her grandparents were having doubts. She should have been there to reinforce her decision, instead of bailing and making it look like Shannon concocted this whole scheme herself.  McKayla really knows how to play one against the other.  

• Love 3
On 8/28/2018 at 1:00 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I thought it was appropriate to let Laura and Tylor drive themselves to the hospital and only have Tylor in the delivery room especially since there are other kids in the home. Laura may not have even wanted her dad in there (I sure as hell wouldn’t want mine), they’re both coddled, and they need to grow up and start taking some responsibility. She monopolized enough of Anna’s birthday without the parents spending most of it at the hospital. Since Tylor thinks he has the parent/provider thing figured out, let him step into his role and do what he said he can do.  They want to be their own family, so this was their chance to do so.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

^^ Good points. Title XX would definitely help some of these girls with childcare if they were to apply for it. 

I also doubt this situation with Shannon is a Section 8 thing. As a landlord maybe you can advise, wouldn’t the wires hanging in the basement make the house fail the move in inspection? 

And we don’t know where Shannon’s boyfriend is living or if he’s still in the picture. That’s one factor but the main thing is that McKayla/Timmy would have to be on Shannon’s voucher to move in with them. She can’t just let someone stay there “illegally”, and pay rent no less, unless she’d want to risk losing her voucher. 

As a teen mother I could not receive financial/food assistance while living at home. This was over twenty years ago so things may have changed but they included everyone’s income and the only thing I could get was medical insurance which I didn’t need since I was still on my mother’s.  

Title XX, or CCAP(Child Care Assistance Program), as it was known when I worked processing food stamps, also doesn’t cover 100% of the costs.  You still come out of pocket, and the state’s portion decreases every year.  I’m sure Shannon gets WIC, which will last until the baby is 5, and probably Medicaid for the kids.  I wonder if she’s classified as disabled because of her addiction, and receiving SSI payments.  Assuming the house is not Section 8 (my grandpa had rentals and no way that would pass inspection), she must have declared some type of income to rent the house.  And a bigger question is why is she planning to fix up the house if she’s not buying.  I would not spend money on someone else’s rental when I can’t take those things with me. And any landlord who rents a home to you in that condition is not to be trusted.  I’ve seen too many let you soend the money, then evict you the first chance they get, turn around and rent the house for more money based on the improvements you made.  No bueno.

I also don’t see the big deal in laying carpet over the concrete floor.  What the hell does Tim think people in houses with slab foundations do?  Does he think Shannon was going to lay cheap indoor/outdoor carpet with no padding?

• Love 2

Is Shannon renting or buying - was it mentioned?

I also wonder if the income off the show would affect anything else she's receiving.

21 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I thought it was appropriate to let Laura and Tylor drive themselves to the hospital and only have Tylor in the delivery room especially since there are other kids in the home. Laura may not have even wanted her dad in there (I sure as hell wouldn’t want mine), they’re both coddled, and they need to grow up and start taking some responsibility. She monopolized enough of Anna’s birthday without the parents spending most of it at the hospital. Since Tylor thinks he has the parent/provider thing figured out, let him step into his role and do what he said he can do.  They want to be their own family, so this was their chance to do so.  

They were already at the hospital anyway - which is good in case anything were to happen & to see their grandchild. Also, isn't Laura still a minor? In that case the parents would need to be there in case of medical decisions.

I agree on the dad not going into the delivery room, but her mom didn't seem to care one way or the other & stayed out, which I couldn't grasp. I just don't think they have a close relationship at all, & probably don't with any of their kids.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Is Shannon renting or buying - was it mentioned?

I cannot imagine her buying. Wasn't it said she's not working now?

59 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

A lease couldn't be signed while the house is in that condition. But thy could look at it and a landlord could allow the tenant to move stuff in if they agreed. But def, they'd have to get that stuff repaired before the lease was finalized. 

If both Shannon and McKayla have vouchers, they could be legal roommates, I suppose. I've never personally encountered that - mother/daughter section 8 tag team. But I have rented to families where more than one person receives some public assistance benefits.

25 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Title XX, or CCAP(Child Care Assistance Program), as it was known when I worked processing food stamps, also doesn’t cover 100% of the costs.  You still come out of pocket, and the state’s portion decreases every year.  I’m sure Shannon gets WIC, which will last until the baby is 5, and probably Medicaid for the kids.  I wonder if she’s classified as disabled because of her addiction, and receiving SSI payments.  Assuming the house is not Section 8 (my grandpa had rentals and no way that would pass inspection), she must have declared some type of income to rent the house.  And a bigger question is why is she planning to fix up the house if she’s not buying.  I would not spend money on someone else’s rental when I can’t take those things with me. And any landlord who rents a home to you in that condition is not to be trusted.  I’ve seen too many let you soend the money, then evict you the first chance they get, turn around and rent the house for more money based on the improvements you made.  No bueno.

I also don’t see the big deal in laying carpet over the concrete floor.  What the hell does Tim think people in houses with slab foundations do?  Does he think Shannon was going to lay cheap indoor/outdoor carpet with no padding?

But both could and prbly do have additional income. Survivors benefits for both McKayla and Shannon, public assistance, life insurance, child support from baby daddies, TLC and social media. Who knows?

Some slab floors get damp. And that would mean mildew and mold. Plus it could hurt more if someone fell; I doubt anyone is laying carpet or padding. 

had Shannon already moved in? Why was there a dog's piss pad w/ piss and turds all over it already in the basement?

Edited by eatsleep
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I agree on the dad not going into the delivery room, but her mom didn't seem to care one way or the other & stayed out, which I couldn't grasp. I

Mom strikes me as the type to go along with whatever dad says.  Either that, or they’ve let Laura run the show for so long, that they did whatever she demanded.  

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, eatsleep said:

Some slab floors get damp. And that would mean mildew and mold. Plus it could hurt more if someone fell; I doubt anyone is laying carpet or padding. 

I didn’t think of that.  We have slab floors here, but I live in the deep south, and only some old commercial buildings have basements. Residential homes don’t have them at all.  

Does he think Shannon was going to lay cheap indoor/outdoor carpet with no padding?

Since Shannon mentioned "area rugs," yeah. Where is Shannon going to find the money for legit, padded, installed carpet when she can't even afford the utilities on her own?

I'm practically jonesing for the next episode. I can't get enough of the stupid.

Edited by IvySpice
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Shannon kept saying, "we" so I am under the assumption that there is a boyfriend involved, and he possibly works, and signed the lease.  He probably just doesn't want to be on camera.

She didn't say she planned to fix up the house, she was going to throw down a rug and call it a day.  Actually I don't even believe she would do that.

The house looks really old and shitty, and there are wires everywhere (probably because it is an old house with terrible electric).  Old, shitty houses are rented out like that all the time.  If people see it, and agree to live there, then that is on them.  There shouldn't be mold or anything, but hanging wires in a basement - yeah I've seen that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, IvySpice said:

Since Shannon mentioned "area rugs," yeah. Where is Shannon going to find the money for legit, padded, installed carpet when she can't even afford the utilities on her own?

I'm practically jonesing for the next episode. I can't get enough of the stupid.

Shannon is an idiot, if she can not afford something, do not buy it or rent it!  

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Mom strikes me as the type to go along with whatever dad says.  Either that, or they’ve let Laura run the show for so long, that they did whatever she demanded.  

Per Laura and her weird family:  I just saw the part with Little Sister's birthday.  Ouch.  I found the painful part to be the cake in the kitchen.  The who thing was awkward.  "We got you this cake from the store, your name is not on it but we did find some candles.  Now let's sing Happy Birthday and not look at our watches cause we gotta leave soon."  It was so awkward, forced and clearly an afterthought.

I don't fault the parents for not showing up afterwards, they should not be in the delivery room.  That is for Mom and Dad.  Truthfully had that been me I would have taken Second Best Daughter out for the day, showed up later.  The baby does not change that much, lol.  "See ya later Preggo - it is Second Best's birthday so Dad and I are taking her shopping, to a movie, go kart racing, whatever she wants.  See ya later."

I am kinda harsh, I admit but no need to to cater to the irresponsible one when Second Best has done nothing wrong that we know of, at least not yet.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Per Laura and her weird family:  I just saw the part with Little Sister's birthday.  Ouch.  I found the painful part to be the cake in the kitchen.  The who thing was awkward.  "We got you this cake from the store, your name is not on it but we did find some candles.  Now let's sing Happy Birthday and not look at our watches cause we gotta leave soon."  It was so awkward, forced and clearly an afterthought.

They really should've taken the time to do something extra special with her, even taken her on a trip or something before the baby arrived - oh well, no Laura this one's for the non pregnant teen...

12 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I don't fault the parents for not showing up afterwards, they should not be in the delivery room.  That is for Mom and Dad.  Truthfully had that been me I would have taken Second Best Daughter out for the day, showed up later.  The baby does not change that much, lol.  "See ya later Preggo - it is Second Best's birthday so Dad and I are taking her shopping, to a movie, go kart racing, whatever she wants.  See ya later."

Maybe it's just me but I'd want to at least be hanging around. Given their ages & possible medical issues, they may even need the parents' consent to procedures on their underage daughter - I'm not sure how that would work there. Even if not in case something did go wrong or got complicated I'd want to be there in case they wanted or needed my support, & because it would be my grandchild.

But yeah Anna deserved much better than that. Hopefully more was done off-screen 'cuz that was cold AF.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, eatsleep said:

had Shannon already moved in? Why was there a dog's piss pad w/ piss and turds all over it already in the basement?

Yes, Shannon was moved in. That's why she was shoving all her overflow crap down there. And I'm assuming that includes the cat and dog (I saw a litter box and pee/poop pads, but evidently the dog isn't sticking to those.)

• Love 5

"We got you this cake from the store, your name is not on it but we did find some candles.  Now let's sing Happy Birthday and not look at our watches cause we gotta leave soon."  It was so awkward, forced and clearly an afterthought.

Hopefully more was done off-screen 'cuz that was cold AF.

I go back and forth. I'd like to think that that was a re-creation for the cameras and we missed the real party, but Anna looked legit pissed off and disappointed. Then again, that's how girls her age usually look around their families, so maybe 

• Love 4

On the way to the hospital Laura's boyfriend (can't remember his name) said "why did we do this?" After a few seconds Laura mumbled something like "we didn't try to get pregnant ". The boyfriend was oh right! Yeah no not on purpose! BUSTED! Most or all of these idiots want to get knocked up.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Maybe it's just me but I'd want to at least be hanging around. Given their ages & possible medical issues, they may even need the parents' consent to procedures on their underage daughter - I'm not sure how that would work there.

Good point on the underage thing.  Laura is 18, however and I was raised by a mom who had very firm views on NOT being there:  "Call me when you are done!!  This is between you and your hubby."  But that is me, I understand others may not feel that way.

34 minutes ago, Quilty said:

On the way to the hospital Laura's boyfriend (can't remember his name) said "why did we do this?" After a few seconds Laura mumbled something like "we didn't try to get pregnant ". The boyfriend was oh right! Yeah no not on purpose! BUSTED! Most or all of these idiots want to get knocked up.

Well ya kinda did there, Laura!!!!  Not using BC?  Run a red light while you are at it.  Dumbasses.

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yes, Shannon was moved in. That's why she was shoving all her overflow crap down there. And I'm assuming that includes the cat and dog (I saw a litter box and pee/poop pads, but evidently the dog isn't sticking to those.)

Did that basement even have an egress window?  If no, no way no how should ANYONE live there.  My two cents on the rent/utilities thing:  Makayla should pay SOMETHING to live there, welcome to being an adult.  You wanna play?  Time to pay.  Not 50/50 and she is in the basement which Shannon seems to use as a depository for her crap.  

There are way too many people in this dysfunctional soup:  Gramma, Grandpa, Shannon, Timmy's paternal gramma, TImmy's parents.....just everyone butt out for a minute!!

On 8/28/2018 at 3:30 PM, configdotsys said:

McKayla is an entitled, know it all, I'm better than everyone else, brat and since she knows everything, well fine: figure out a way to pay rent, go to school and take care of your kid.

We can dare to dream!!!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Quilty said:

Teen Mom has glamorized teen pregnancy to an extent. They see how the participants don't have to get real jobs and make good bank. These two are just stupid enough to buy into that. Max seems like he also has plans on milking it all for whatever it's worth.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

Teen Mom has glamorized teen pregnancy to an extent. They see how the participants don't have to get real jobs and make good bank. These two are just stupid enough to buy into that. Max seems like he also has plans on milking it all for whatever it's worth.

They didn’t try not to which is the same thing to me.  And Max has the personality of shoe polish so good luck with that.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 8/30/2018 at 1:34 PM, tobeannounced said:

Did we ever find out if Laura's baby was actually born on Anna's birthday or just induced? Because if so, they get to share their special days from here on out.

She could have been like me - I started labor on my own on Saturday, contractions started and stopped (and started and stopped) all weekend.  Went in on Monday to be induced, finally had my first born in the evening.  I jokingly tell him his birthday is the 13th, 14th AND the 15th!!  Heck, if it took a few more hours he could have been born in on the 16th!

The point is Laura could have labored all day and into the next but it sounded like she delivered after lunchtime.

And yes  - Little Sister will get to share a cake EVERY year with favorite first grandchild.  Which is fine if Little Sister wants to, I just don't catch that vibe from her.

On 8/30/2018 at 8:38 PM, LilaFowler said:

On the way to the hospital Laura's boyfriend (can't remember his name) said "why did we do this?"

Because you wanted to bone?

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

She could have been like me - I started labor on my own on Saturday, contractions started and stopped (and started and stopped) all weekend.  Went in on Monday to be induced, finally had my first born in the evening.  I jokingly tell him his birthday is the 13th, 14th AND the 15th!!  Heck, if it took a few more hours he could have been born in on the 16th!

The point is Laura could have labored all day and into the next but it sounded like she delivered after lunchtime.

And yes  - Little Sister will get to share a cake EVERY year with favorite first grandchild.  Which is fine if Little Sister wants to, I just don't catch that vibe from her.

Because you wanted to bone?

Now I thought the baby was born the next day. When they were eating cake, Laura said it was 3:30, and they had to head to the hospital.  Then mom and dad said they went to lunch and when they came back, she was fully dialated.  Unless mom and dad took a late lunch and the time between arrival and birth was only a few hours.  

• Useful 1
18 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Now I thought the baby was born the next day. When they were eating cake, Laura said it was 3:30, and they had to head to the hospital.  Then mom and dad said they went to lunch and when they came back, she was fully dialated.  Unless mom and dad took a late lunch and the time between arrival and birth was only a few hours.  

I, too, got the impression the baby was born the next day.  I recall that she was going to be induced in the evening, and I remember the 3:30 heading to the hospital part.

On 8/30/2018 at 11:05 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Truthfully had that been me I would have taken Second Best Daughter out for the day, showed up later.  The baby does not change that much, lol.  "See ya later Preggo - it is Second Best's birthday so Dad and I are taking her shopping, to a movie, go kart racing, whatever she wants.  See ya later."

I am kinda harsh, I admit but no need to to cater to the irresponsible one when Second Best has done nothing wrong that we know of, at least not yet.

I guess I'm kinda harsh, too, because I think your idea of taking Second Best Daughter out for the day is perfect.  And if it turns out that all that was happening on her birthday was Laura being induced that evening, there was no reason not to have a real birthday celebration, and shame on the parents for not doing it.

• Love 3

If Shannon earns money from reality TV, second season airing now, how in the world does she qualify for Section 8 and all the programs listed above?   If Mykala already had Internet income and has filmed two seasons of a reality show, how does she qualify for any welfare program?  

The basement will not pass any kind of inspection and is an absolute pigpen.  Shannon can lie all she wants about fixing it up but she is not going to put one cent into a rental property.   

• Love 5

Did Tim get burned? I noticed scars all over his arms. 

Shannon is such trash. McKayla is a spoiled brat, but I really felt for her when she realized that her mother only wanted her to move in for the money. 

Diego is garbage. His parents are garbage. His mother saying he needs to learn to get along with people is disingenuous. They should have taught him that when he was a toddler. It's a little too late now. 

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

Did Tim get burned? I noticed scars all over his arms. 

Shannon is such trash. McKayla is a spoiled brat, but I really felt for her when she realized that her mother only wanted her to move in for the money. 

Diego is garbage. His parents are garbage. His mother saying he needs to learn to get along with people is disingenuous. They should have taught him that when he was a toddler. It's a little too late now. 

It is hard to believe that Shannon is McKayla’s mother

• Love 5
Just now, DVDFreaker said:

It is hard to believe that Shannon is McKayla’s mother

She sure doesn't act like it. She wanted McKayla there to help with bills and to get access to her SS money. Until she's 18 or graduates high school (whichever comes second), she gets a monthly check from SS. Shannon is a real piece of work picking a place that she couldn't afford without McKayla.

• Love 11

I will say this about Tylor - I like that he's very involved with the baby. I know it's just the first night, but his concern and devotion seem genuine. 

That being said, those two are dumber than a box of hair. Putting the baby seat in the car right above a gas can??? And his brilliant parenting strategy - Lucas can do anything but coke. Good call. 

The way Laura talks about the baby is a little concerning. She seems way too giddy about the prospect of someone "needing" her.

And on the other end of things, Anna claims to feel no connection with Lucas; which, I'm sure, stems from the resentment she feels towards her sister. Laura seems to complain about their lack of relationship a lot, but also seems to think it's up to Anna to fix it. 

Both Laura and Tylor can have a seat with their sage knowledge at seventeen compared to the ignorance of a 15-year-old. No, take several seats. 

I'm glad McKayla decided to stay put. I really do believe Shannon sold her a bill of goods. She dressed up this cohabiting plan with a big, fancy bow. She made promises of fixing up the basement. As time drew near, and McKayla learned there were wires everywhere, as well as animal feces, she bailed. I don't blame her. 

Shannon never should have depended on her contribution anyhow. And McKayla made a good point that her mother's disappointment was not at all about their quality time. Just the money. 

I do think McKayla should have made the call herself, though. 

It's really sweet seeing the relationship Emilee has with Diego's dad. He came to all her soccer games! Aww. Even Diego's mom seemed more reasonable this week - telling her son that he needs to respect Bridget, even if he doesn't like her. 

I do think holding a grudge over the abortion thing is ridiculous, though. Come on. 

Max getting mail at Chloe's house? Oh hell no. Max wanting to come to the baby shower and make it "bisexual"? Kind of sweet? I mean, he wants to be involved it's his child as well. What's the harm?

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

Bridget is a bad person for suggesting an abortion? Diego is an idiot. She was absolutely right to bring up all the options available. 

Ugh. Next week looks a hot mess, and I can't wait. 

I can not stand Diego

4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I will say this about Tylor - I like that he's very involved with the baby. I know it's just the first night, but his concern and devotion seem genuine. 

That being said, those two are dumber than a box of hair. Putting the baby seat in the car right above a gas can??? And his brilliant parenting strategy - Lucas can do anything but coke. Good call. 

The way Laura talks about the baby is a little concerning. She seems way too giddy about the prospect of someone "needing" her.

And on the other end of things, Anna claims to feel no connection with Lucas; which, I'm sure, stems from the resentment she feels towards her sister. Laura seems to complain about their lack of relationship a lot, but also seems to think it's up to Anna to fix it. 

Both Laura and Tylor can have a seat with their sage knowledge at seventeen compared to the ignorance of a 15-year-old. No, take several seats. 

I'm glad McKayla decided to stay put. I really do believe Shannon sold her a bill of goods. She dressed up this cohabiting plan with a big, fancy bow. She made promises of fixing up the basement. As time drew near, and McKayla learned there were wires everywhere, as well as animal feces, she bailed. I don't blame her. 

Shannon never should have depended on her contribution anyhow. And McKayla made a good point that her mother's disappointment was not at all about their quality time. Just the money. 

I do think McKayla should have made the call herself, though. 

It's really sweet seeing the relationship Emilee has with Diego's dad. He came to all her soccer games! Aww. Even Diego's mom seemed more reasonable this week - telling her son that he needs to respect Bridget, even if he doesn't like her. 

I do think holding a grudge over the abortion thing is ridiculous, though. Come on. 

Max getting mail at Chloe's house? Oh hell no. Max wanting to come to the baby shower and make it "bisexual"? Kind of sweet? I mean, he wants to be involved it's his child as well. What's the harm?

Wait, why would Max get mail at Chloe’s house? I guess he thinks he is living with Chloe now 

• Love 3

Bringing  up the topic of abortion, along with carrying the pregnancy to term and either keeping said child or choosing not to parent are all needed, sane choices.  For Diego to be all holier than thou is unwarranted, all I can hear is him in seven or so years:  "Yeah well your Gramma Bridget WANTED TO ABORT YOU" in some sort of weird game.

I would tell daughter:  Meet him in the driveway, coparent at Caribou, he aint coming in my house.

• Love 13