Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

WTF did I just watch???!!!! Even worse than TM! Omg SHANNON! User city. Speaking of which I noted a tee shirt and looked up where they live. An hour away. Oh please never let me run into her.

Even though I come from a long ass line of teen/young moms I took my angel to the GYN until she graduated. I just wanted her to at least get a basic education and be a teen. She was still young but at least she bought a house on her own at 21. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

WTF did I just watch???!!!! Even worse than TM! Omg SHANNON! User city. Speaking of which I noted a tee shirt and looked up where they live. An hour away. Oh please never let me run into her.

Even though I come from a long ass line of teen/young moms I took my angel to the GYN until she graduated. I just wanted her to at least get a basic education and be a teen. She was still young but at least she bought a house on her own at 21. 

Oh please do!!!  Then come here and report all the findings to us!!!

Second bolding:  IMPRESSIVE!!!  Good job there, mama!!  And good job daughter!!!!!  

• Love 4

LMAO! I actually have to go near there coming up soon. Maybe I'll hunt down some lunch!

Thank you! We are certainly not perfect but she's a working single mom who keeps it together. I thought her EX was an asshole. Then I saw this line up of losers. I don't have high hopes for any of them. Not a Chelsea in the bunch. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Who is Max's girlfriend mom?  Lady, tell Mad Max to GET OUT OF YOUR HOUSE.  If your daughter leaves too oh well.  She'll be back, trust me.  To have some jackass on my couch, about to eat MY food then answering for my daughter???  Shut. Up.  You gotta move your car cause you are leaving.

Ha, love this!

• Love 4
On 8/25/2018 at 10:08 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Okay, I am the mom of two boys, ages 19 and almost 21, I am the a sped teacher and I exist in the world with other little kids.  I have one piece of advice for parents of strong willed little princes (an princesses):  YOU GOTTA REIN THAT SH*T IN.  He needs to wait his turn, no he does NOT a new toy at Target every time you go.  He does NOT get chicken nuggets for dinner every damn night or he tantrums.  Oh well.  Nothing wrong with speaking up for yourself but damn.....that kid is gonna get his ass kicked.  

Diego's parents, in my opinion, were afraid of letting him be upset.  We can't have Diego upset or uncomfortable now can we?  I have seen it A LOT.

Who is Max's girlfriend mom?  Lady, tell Mad Max to GET OUT OF YOUR HOUSE.  If your daughter leaves too oh well.  She'll be back, trust me.  To have some jackass on my couch, about to eat MY food then answering for my daughter???  Shut. Up.  You gotta move your car cause you are leaving.

Look, I get strong willed kids and yes that horse is out of the barn now ion terms of Diego.  But his mom just sits there:  "Oh well......"  Ugh.

??????

I have experience teaching middle/high school and cannot agree with you more (as you already know)!

Whay many non-teachers might not realize is that teachers spend way too much time “undoing the behaviors” that are acceptable at home while also teaching our content at the same time. We also have to stay consistent with what we say & do. It’s because we are consistent that the students respect us. Being uncomfortable is part of life and the real world. Suck it up, buttercup! Once you’re 18, good luck to you. Until then, this is how students should be learning to navigate social situations, how to be diplomatic when they disagree with someone and how to ask questions without sounding like an arse. Too bad (some of) the damn parents screw it up! 

Side note: On a random Monday, a few years ago, my 3rd period class (of 10th graders) owed me 10 seconds after the bell rang. They just couldn’t get it together that day and I had to set the tone for classroom management purposes. I’m not the teacher who jumps to “staying after the bell”, but they had worked their way up to that. I actually forgot to keep them after the bell that day, BUT I remembered the next day that they owed me time. 

Even though 3rd period had a much better day the next day, I still kept them after the bell for 10 seconds. They were surprised that I kept them in, but once I explained my reasoning, they understood. It’s the consistent moments like that when students learn actions have consequences, even if delayed for 24 hours. 

I don’t have kids of my own, but I have had parents ask me to help them with their own children. True story! A parent of an immature 9th grader actually said to me: “I can’t control him or get him to do anything. Can you help me?” I was gobsmacked. Do we now have to tutor parents on how to be consistent? I know what’s out there; I’ve seen the parents worn down at Target or at the grocery store. I am dying to ask them: “How do you think this will work out for you and your kid in five years? Will it get better or will you still be a hostage to your kids?” 

When it’s time to collaborate in class and the Diegos of the world don’t like their group and won’t participate, are parents really that surprised when the consequence is an F or a trip to the office? 

I’ve had many Diegos in my classroom and the parents still don’t get it when their precious baby is told to step outside until they can make better choices... even in high school! My students know that I don’t play around with any of that nonsense, but the parents think I should. 

The parents who enable their kids to act like this are doing them no favors. In fact, they’re doing the opposite. One day, reality will hit these “I Don’t Want To Do That” kids hard in the face. I just wish I was able to somehow see those moments happen! I don’t wish ill will on anyone, but I’m not going to lie; I do wonder if “Miss __________ was right” crosses their mind!

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Bridget said:

The parents who enable their kids to act like this are doing them no favors. In fact, they’re doing the opposite. One day, reality will hit these “I Don’t Want To Do That” kids hard in the face.

Bridget!!!!  My teaching sister from another mister!!!  Those parents will learn their lesson when their kid graduates high school, remains unemployed, does not go to school (trade school, ANYTHING) and sleeps until 4pm and does nothing around the house to contribute.  They can't have a job because employers want you to, oh I don't know.....WORK?  And not be on your phone?  No, I am not giving your kid 16 "sensory breaks" during the day because when he works at the Holiday Station Store he will not get 16 sensory breaks.  He will get one 30 minute lunch and two 15's.

Never EVER understood parents who can't say no.  Ask my kids:  They will tell you I had no problem with it, in fact I kinda enjoyed it, lol. The world has limits, learn them in school.  I always ask parents, even in K-1 grade:  "Does your child have responsibilities at home?  Making a bed?  Putting away toys?  Helping with dinner?"  SHOCKING how many parents say no, I want them to have a childhood.  Can you tell how hard it is for me NOT to say:  "Yeah well they are going to have a sh*tty adulthood."  

• Love 12

You sound like great teachers, @Bridget and @Mrs. Hanson (who I seem to be stalking around these boards lately). The thing is, it's much easier to deal with a toddler being pissed about a cookie or a toy than it's ever going to be to try to deal with a teenager who's never been told no. Train 'em young when the consequences are much smaller and you actually have some control over them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, tobeannounced said:

You sound like great teachers, @Bridget and @Mrs. Hanson (who I seem to be stalking around these boards lately). The thing is, it's much easier to deal with a toddler being pissed about a cookie or a toy than it's ever going to be to try to deal with a teenager who's never been told no. Train 'em young when the consequences are much smaller and you actually have some control over them.

Aw gee thanks!!!  I have been back to work and I am excited to meet my students!!  New school for me because......drum roll please.......my former admin refused to acknowledge the behavior issues in the school - shocker!!!!  I was like.....these kids need HELP.  Now.  So off to a place that has  strong reputation for cracking down ASAP.  My kinda place, lol!!!

Back to topic:  Diego - you are either playing to the cameras or a huge douche.  Let's hope it is number 1, cause he is acting like a huge number 2, lolol.

Will Shannon ever show her true colors?  Or has she already shown us to be a grifter?  Hmmm.......stay tuned!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I may be in the minority, but I don't think there's anything wrong with asking McKayla to contribute to the housing for herself and her child.  She gave up all the kid stuff when she chose to bring a baby into the world.  *shrug*  Do her or Caelan provide anything for the care or housing of their child?  Or do their parents/grandparents take care of everything?  Do either of them have any kind of job?  And isn't McKayla going to be 18 in a matter or weeks/months, so Grandpa Tim with all the "I won't allow this" grandstanding was a little much.  She isn't some 14-year-old fragile flower.  Is he going to do that the rest of her life?

And the fact that she was offered a bedroom in this house and wanted the basement makes a world of difference in this conflict.  So Granpa Tim and the rest acting as if Shannon banished poor princess to the basement is ridiculous.  McKayla picked basement because she has delusions of playing house with Caelan.  Can't do that in her bedroom at grandma and granpa's.  And speaking of Caelan . . . STFU.  You aren't doing jack to support your own kid.  Shannon may have f-ed up in the past, but she's taking care of the kids that are in her care at the moment.  More than can be said for you.  And I don't know what else they want from Shannon in regards to her mistakes in the past?  A pound of flesh?  Don't talk to McKayla at all?  She would get bitched at for that too.  It happened.  She was wrong.  She's still making mistakes, but so are all of the rest of them too.  Constantly throwing it in her face does no one any good. 

McKayla sure knows how to play her grandparents like a fiddle though.  They'll give her whatever she wants so she won't stay with Shannon and the bad, dark basement.  Caelan will be allowed to do whatever he wants when he wants at her grandparents' and that's really what she's angling for.  They need to give McKayla and Caelan a deadline to get their shit together or Granpa will be taking care of them and all their kids for the rest of their lives.  But it seems like they've never set any boundaries or rules for McKayla and she's been allowed to be the pretty princess.  That's not really parenting any better than Shannon for all the judgment they place on her.  And on whose watch was it did McKayla become a teen mom?  The grandparents have made some errors in their parenting as well.  What's the story on the missing brother Dylan?  

Laura is just so smug I can't stand it.  It sucks now to be in that mess Anna, but you'll see real quick that you will have the better circumstances than your sister.  

It's kind of weird how there are brothers floating around that are choosing to not be a part of this shit show.  No sight of McKayla's brother or Laura/Anna's even though they've been explicitly mentioned or seen in pics.  

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

Laura is just so smug I can't stand it.  It sucks now to be in that mess Anna, but you'll see real quick that you will have the better circumstances than your sister.  

It's kind of weird how there are brothers floating around that are choosing to not be a part of this shit show.  No sight of McKayla's brother or Laura/Anna's even though they've been explicitly mentioned or seen in pics.  

I can not stand Laura either and it is not weird, it is smart of the brothers not wanting to be part of this shit show

• Love 3

Laura seems to be a bit "touched" to me. Where does TLC find all of these dead-eyed, slow-talking teenagers? Laura's parents had better get their act together when it comes to parenting their other teenage children, because I could practically see the wheels in Anna's head spinning after Laura told her that pregnant women get a lot of attention. Not sure what's going on in that house but both daughters crave attention in some kind of childish, thirsty way.

The McKayla situation smacks of addiction, lack of boundaries and enabling to me. Shannon confirmed that, while her parents may have taken custody of her kids when she was on drugs, they never cut her off. I mean, really? Your daughter is too drugged up to be a parent and you don't let her hit rock bottom? I'm guessing Shannon just got bored with drugs and eventually got clean or something, because it sure as hell wasn't Tim and wife putting their foot down. They don't seem to care if they are being taken advantage of. I don't see what's so evil about McKayla and Caelan starting to pay their own bills. They have a baby, they turned in their kid cards when her water broke.

There are so many examples of shoddy parenting on this show that it's no wonder these teenagers ended up pregnant and on reality tv. That result is pretty much confirmation that you've failed as a parent. None of these teenage parents appear to have any sort of employment, yet feel entitled enough to be allowed to play house in someone else's home. Infuriating.

Looks like next week we get more of sociopathic Diego. Oh goody.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 4

Oh, my.  That Kelsey.  I'm pleased that they used a chain-link fence as the backdrop for the words of wisdom from her current boyfriend.  Has she mentioned before that Lexus's dad was in and out of jail?  I guess someone who washes his hair twice in one day to put him in beast mode for his snap chats is an upgrade from someone who's in and out of jail.  While I agree with her harsh opinion of Shayden (ugh), I'm not sure what basis she uses for thinking Lexus (ugh) would do better, other than "I'm not gonna do what my mom does."

I have a bad TV--what is on the back of Tylor's (ugh) head?  Does he have mange?

As for Chloe and Max, I'm honestly not sure which one is stupider.  They're both ignorant as all get out, but I think they're both genuinely stupid, too.  And, of course, delusional. 

Quote of the night is from Chloe:  "I don't want the fact that I'm having a baby take over my life and just make me miserable my last year of high school." 

• Love 15

There’s something “off” about Laura’s parents. The dad seems terrified? And the mom has the flattest affect I’ve ever seen. Like she’s dead inside.

And who tells their kid, “You don’t require a lot of attention?”

• Love 17

Chloe is truly an idiot.  I had to go back and rewatch her saying, "I wasn't breastfed and I'm like the smartest person ever" to make sure I didn't hallucinate that happening.  

However, Jordan, her classmate who explained how Chloe didn't quite understand the realities of motherhood yet seemed quite articulate.  It would be really interesting if one of these shows could follow a bright teen/young mom like that to learn more about her experiences.  Realistically speaking, I'm not sure if any of these girls had much of a chance of going to college or achieving much even if they didn't become teen mothers (and you can throw almost the entire teen mom/2 franchise in with that, with the possible exception of Chelsea, whose dad would have funded various training programs until she eventually found employment.)

• Love 13

Not that I'm complaining, but I feel like we're seeing much more of Kelsey than Lexus and Shayden. I don't mind having that meth-faced punk off my screen, but Kelsey annoys the fuck out of me in her own way. Does she have serious grounds for guardianship of Scarlet, or is this all for drama? I thought it was pretty telling that she's laying down this serious shit about wanting custody of her granddaughter....and her 25-year-old boyfriend is just Instagramming his food. 

I like that Chloe is going to an alternative school. I'm not so far in the past that I want to send away all teen/unwed moms to avoid bringing shame to the family. But.....I do feel there is this current culture of making teen pregnancy too easy and too acceptable. I like the idea of alternative school; because they can still get their education and graduate, but they ARE making sacrifices in the way of friends and activities. I think she needs to stay there after the baby is born. 

I did like seeing several of the teen moms talking positively about breastfeeding. Too each their own, fed is fed - but I've watched so many of these shows; and it's pretty common for teens to be grossed out by nursing, to not even try, to give up immediately, etc. It (happily) surprised me to see these girls talking it up. 

I think Laura is a stone cold bitch. She sits there with that sweet, little smile and girly voice....but homegirl don't give a FUCK. It's her younger sister's fucking birthday and she's all, "I don't care how she feels". The poor kid has probably already been shoved aside for you surprise pregnancy, now her special day is being overshadowed as well? I just felt so badly for her. 

I also didn't like how her parents referred to Anna as "the low maintenance one". Just because she SEEMS easy, doesn't mean she wants to be. She likely has just as many needs and wants as your other children, she's just learned to be quiet because she's always been an after thought. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I felt for that girl. 

I think it really really sucks that McKayla was withholding Timmy from Shelly. I know a lot of people don't like Shelly; and maybe she coddles Caelen a bit, but she is the one who was there for McKayla throughout her entire pregnancy. Shannon only showed up towards the end, wanting to rekindle things. She wasn't around for YEARS before. I'm of the mind that she heard about the show and caught a sudden interest in being part of her daughter's life. McKayla has seemingly fallen for her crap, but Shelly and Caelen know better. 

Even the grandparents know better. I agree with Grandpa Tim - that basement is fucked! I would not put MY daughter down there. And she doesn't seem in any hurry to make it habitable. Hell, they're piling all their dumb boxes and random crap down there. "Go ahead, McKayla, just throw a sleeping bag down in between the cat litter box and my old dresser with the broken knobs. You can make a crib for Timmy out of our box of summer clothes." 

FUCK. THAT. 

• Love 21
9 hours ago, KBrownie said:

I may be in the minority, but I don't think there's anything wrong with asking McKayla to contribute to the housing for herself and her child.  She gave up all the kid stuff when she chose to bring a baby into the world.  *shrug*  Do her or Caelan provide anything for the care or housing of their child?  Or do their parents/grandparents take care of everything?  Do either of them have any kind of job?  And isn't McKayla going to be 18 in a matter or weeks/months, so Grandpa Tim with all the "I won't allow this" grandstanding was a little much.  She isn't some 14-year-old fragile flower.  Is he going to do that the rest of her life?

And the fact that she was offered a bedroom in this house and wanted the basement makes a world of difference in this conflict. 

I don't have an issue with McKayla chipping in and paying bills either. She made an adult choice; she can embrace an adult life. If she and Caelen got a place together, I'd be all about it. My issue is that I think her mother is using her - for her money, the show, etc. Shannon is a grifter; and I think everyone but McKayla knows that.

As for the basement - yes, McKayla ostensibly chose that over a bedroom upstairs. But I guarantee you Shannon sold the SHIT out of that basement. She probably talked up all these grand plans of remodeling and putting a kitchen down there, making it real nice. Here were are, days from her moving in, and there's loose wires everywhere, animal waste on the floor, and all their piled up shit taking up half the room.

• Love 18
7 hours ago, kit.kat343 said:

Chloe is truly an idiot.  I had to go back and rewatch her saying, "I wasn't breastfed and I'm like the smartest person ever" to make sure I didn't hallucinate that happening. 

For the record, "I don't want having a baby to take over my whole life" just barely beat this one out for quote of the night.  And since it was in the "next week" portion, Max's(?) comment about the bisexual baby shower didn't qualify. 

That's one of the things that draws me to this show--how breathtakingly stupid and delusional some of these people are.

However, Jordan, her classmate who explained how Chloe didn't quite understand the realities of motherhood yet seemed quite articulate.  It would be really interesting if one of these shows could follow a bright teen/young mom like that to learn more about her experiences.  Realistically speaking, I'm not sure if any of these girls had much of a chance of going to college or achieving much even if they didn't become teen mothers (and you can throw almost the entire teen mom/2 franchise in with that, with the possible exception of Chelsea, whose dad would have funded various training programs until she eventually found employment.)

Kailyn has a degree in podcasting or something. 

The problem, of course, is that you can't follow even a bright teen mom in her current state because the act of being followed will change her, if for no other reason than she'll be getting paid for it (directly or through social media following). 

33 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I also didn't like how her parents referred to Anna as "the low maintenance one". Just because she SEEMS easy, doesn't mean she wants to be. She likely has just as many needs and wants as your other children, she's just learned to be quiet because she's always been an after thought. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I felt for that girl.

I couldn't agree more, but not only did they refer to her as the low maintenance one, they said it in front of her, and actually didn't just say it in front of her, said to her, "You've always been low maintenance."  To a 9th grader.  That's some world-class bad parenting there, and I really would like to see how that one comes out--which way she'll go with that.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Not that I'm complaining, but I feel like we're seeing much more of Kelsey than Lexus and Shayden. I don't mind having that meth-faced punk off my screen, but Kelsey annoys the fuck out of me in her own way. Does she have serious grounds for guardianship of Scarlet, or is this all for drama? I thought it was pretty telling that she's laying down this serious shit about wanting custody of her granddaughter....and her 25-year-old boyfriend is just Instagramming his food. 

And the dish didn't really look all that instagrammable!  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

For the record, "I don't want having a baby to take over my whole life" just barely beat this one out for quote of the night.  And since it was in the "next week" portion, Max's(?) comment about the bisexual baby shower didn't qualify. 

That's one of the things that draws me to this show--how breathtakingly stupid and delusional some of these people are.

So hilarious and snark-worthy. But then I sit for a minute and get really scared. How are these almost-adults that stupid???

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I couldn't agree more, but not only did they refer to her as the low maintenance one, they said it in front of her, and actually didn't just say it in front of her, said to her, "You've always been low maintenance."  To a 9th grader.  That's some world-class bad parenting there, and I really would like to see how that one comes out--which way she'll go with that.

IMO, other than Shannon, they are the worst parents on this show. Most of the other parents were teen moms themselves; and I know how hard those statistics are to fight. I'll give them a TINY bit of a pass, because you often become a bit stunted when you have a child so young. But these two are an older, ostensibly responsible couple. I'm not saying teen pregnancy can't happen to anyone, but the way they sit there with these gobsmacked looks on their faces leads me to believe they were living in complete denial. I just see them as these stiff, all-about-appearances, church-going people, who probably sent their daughter to some youth group-abstinence class and never thought about it again. Oooops, now she's pregnant! But she's the older daughter, and they treat her like queen of the castle while the younger one gets largely overlooked. I hope she books it the minute she's 18.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 8/13/2018 at 7:25 AM, CalicoskiesNC said:

Good grief, what are these families thinking by allowing this show about them to air?? Do they not realize how awful they all look? Where has dignity and humility gone?  I am just disgusted by everyone on this show, adults and teens.  What a bunch of uneducated losers, plain and simple. Ugh, and my family works hard to pay taxes so probably all of them can receive Medicaid and welfare.  

It burns me up when people made assumptive comments like this. A lot of these girls are underage and for all we know, they're still on their parents'/mother's insurance. Shannon, however, probably IS on several types of assistance and probably will be forever. But in Ohio she can't get cash benefits forever. There's a time limit, which is probably why she's trying to con her daughter for rent money.

• Love 6
On 8/13/2018 at 5:50 PM, LilaFowler said:

I didn't like the way that Caelin spoke about Shannon, saying that she needs to "get off of her lazy ass and get a job for once in her life." That may or may not be true but it's not his place to say and it's also not the way that you speak about your child's grandmother. NONE of these little boys respect women. The girls are just dumb enough that they don't realize that the way these jerks treat their mothers and their friends is the way that they're going to treat them at some point (if they aren't already).

Everyone on this show is either part of the trash or a silent witness to it.

On 8/20/2018 at 12:14 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I must be in the minority because I think Caelan is a controlling, arrogant jerk. His bitchy mom has him thinking he’s special, and it shows in the way he treats McKayla.  He’s rude, nasty and condescending, and has been from day one.  Last season, the grandparents said he couldn’t sleep over, but McKayla said he could. So what does he do? Go against their rules like McKayla is running the show.  And he’s barely worked this entire time.  

And I don’t care what kind of person Shannon is or isn’t, that’s still McKayla’s mom and Timmy’s grandmother.  I’ve never seen any guy talk about his girlfriend’s mom that way and turn out to be an upstanding guy.  Parents are off limits. Period.  That’s very disrespectful and inconsiderate of McKayla’s feelings.  Especially since Shelly is an asshole too.  He is not in a position to talk about anyone’s mom, and McKayla had some less than stellar things to say about Shelly on YouTube.  

Their relationship is dysfunctional but Shannon started the shit talk about Calen's mother RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM last season. And he sat at the table in her grandparents' house and said not a single word - neither did McKayla. Maybe he feels that Shannon calling his mother a bitch to his face entitles him to say what he said to the cameras. 

• Love 14
47 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

It burns me up when people made assumptive comments like this. A lot of these girls are underage and for all we know, they're still on their parents'/mother's insurance. Shannon, however, probably IS on several types of assistance and probably will be forever. But in Ohio she can't get cash benefits forever. There's a time limit, which is probably why she's trying to con her daughter for rent money.

You can't chide someone about assumptive comments and then make a huge one about Shannon.  No one knows anything about her situation or if she's on any assistance.  Or if she only came back into McKayla's life with the cameras.  All anyone does when it comes to her is assume.  I'm not a fan, but the unearned pile on is excessive.  All of these people are awful.  All of them are on this show to get the Z-list fame and fortune of reality TV.  They aren't doing it for any other reason than that.  Yeah, Shannon's situation stands to improve the most, but they all want a come up.

And in regards to Caelan, what does he do?  He talks shit, but he doesn't have anywhere for his kid and McKayla to sleep.  The Shannon stuff would be a moot point if he had a place for them to stay.  He can STFU about anyone "getting off their asses."  Get off yours first and then you can talk.  But he's content to let his mother and Tim do all the heavy lifting for him and McKayla and they can continue to play house on someone else's dime.

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 4

I can't remember from last season, but do we know anything about father of Shannon's baby? Is he anywhere in the picture does he support his baby. She says how she has changed etc...but I see a woman who thinks it's cute how her and her teenage daughter both have babies at the same time. Unplanned baby #4..she has not learned anything. She does not want Caelyn there, but where is her baby daddy?

• Love 5
11 hours ago, kit.kat343 said:

3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

For the record, "I don't want having a baby to take over my whole life" just barely beat this one out for quote of the night.

These instances of idiocy have completely undone me, I am finished, I am slain. How a person can be so fucking stupid and still manage to function has boggled my mind so completely that I have to lie down in a darkened room, possibly forever. 

Poor Anna. What the hell will she get up to to get someone's attention? I shudder to think. I wanted to smack the smirk right off Laura's smug face.

That basement. Holy shit. A horror movie in the making. And that whole family is awful. Shannon is a truculent, defensive nightmare. Mckayla is spoiled and entitled. Caelen is a snotty little manchild who needs to learn his manners. Grandma and Grandpa holy moly. They can't even see how their little princess is manipulating them. Mckayla is very like Shannon. She's quick to get her back up and take offense, and she's quick with the unkind words and little barbs. She's remarkably pretty, but she is not very nice.

• Love 11

When Chloe was going on to her mom about how she wanted to go back to her old high school and how SHE KNEW she would have to come home right after school...why didn't mom ask her "who is taking care of her baby while she is in school!!!" At the other school she gets to take her child. She thinks her life won't change, but shows no regard to how she has changed the life of those around her. I personally hope Max does not keep his promise to do the night feedings and she gets woke up every 2 hours so she can see how her life has CHANGED.

I know I am probably in the minority here, but I thought both Lauren and her sister where acting spoiled..it's her birthday, not a national holiday!  I know at 15 it's a big deal, but I have a sister-in-law who at 41 still expects the world to stop on her birthday (she takes day off and expects everyone else to take day off work, cater to her every need). It just hit me wrong, but then her parents told her she needs little attention and I changed my mind..

I wish these shows would show less of the pregnancy and more of the child care after the birth. Show how hard and exhausting and expensive it is so it encourage teens to take steps to prevent pregnancy .. you know like there little PSA and the end of the show says.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Poohbear617 said:

I can't remember from last season, but do we know anything about father of Shannon's baby? Is he anywhere in the picture does he support his baby. She says how she has changed etc...but I see a woman who thinks it's cute how her and her teenage daughter both have babies at the same time. Unplanned baby #4..she has not learned anything. She does not want Caelyn there, but where is her baby daddy?

I could have sworn last season people found her on SM and the baby daddy was her actual boyfriend. At the time....but I could be wrong, and who knows what the case is currently. 

• Love 2

Oh my gosh, it wasn't just the basement that was scary! The poor little girl living there now doesn't even have sheets on her bed, just a nasty looking mattress. 

I have nothing against fixing up a basement and putting down carpet on a concrete floor. I didn't really understand the horror of that concept. Plenty of houses are built on concrete slabs. But the loose wires hanging everywhere? Holy hell! I assume she's renting so the landlord ought to have that fixed ASAP. 

I also see no issue with a teen parent contributing to the household. But... Shannon made a big deal about how she'd supply diapers and formula, etc. How can someone who can't pay her utilities make that offer? That's a huge expense! I'm sure it was total BS. She's taking advantage, plain and simple. Her wanting her daughter to live with her is all about needing help. She's a grifter. A grifter with a victim complex. Nothing is ever her fault and everyone should trip over themselves to help her, always. She showed her true colors last season and it would be foolish to believe anything has changed. But Mckayla is still a kid who wants to believe it, as any kid would. 

• Love 15

I still can’t stand Shelley or Caelan becuse she’s a judgmental bitch, and he’s a whiny, entitled punk.  How is it that McKayla cut off Shelley’s access to Timmy? Where was Caelan all this time; did he not visit his child if he and McKayla weren’t together? Couldn’t he bring Timmy to visit his mom?  And the bottom line is the lazy bastard needs to work, and he should have been working since before the baby came.  And I also don’t see anything wrong with McKayla chipping in.  We’re talking about 2 or 3 extra people eating, using electricity and gas, washing laundry, etc.  If you want to have a baby like an adult, pay bills like an adult.  She also throws around that word “fiancé” like she’s grown and doing something.  Y’all are kids and it doesn’t mean shit.  Get over yourself.  

Laura really is selfish and self-centered, and life is about to smack her right across her puffy face.  I get that she couldn’t control her due date, but her attitude towards the whole situation sucked.  Instead of trying to see it from Anna’s POV, she basically has the attitude that the sister should get over herslef because this is about Laura and the baby now, and not only should the sister not be upset, but Laura has every right to be offended that the sister is upset with her.  Laura’s been the star of that entire family for a while, and the “low maintenance” sister has always been an afterthought.  Way to go mom and dad for thinking your superior parenting techniques and faith alone granted you immunity from shit like this.  I see no incentive for them to send Laura to the school of hard knocks, and if they’re not careful she’ll have 2 before she graduates.  

Meanwhile, Chloe is beyond stupid and delusional.  She may be the brains in the relationship, but she’s still an idiot.  Mom better check that shit now or she’ll have a Janelle Evans on her hands.  Chloe is way too concerned about high school friends and having fun to be a parent.  You don’t want having a baby to ruin your senior year?  Chick you just high school, college, and all of your twenties.  Maybe I’d let her catch a movie or football game once a month, but that would be it.  Adults have babies every day, and have to make sacrifices so why shouldn’t children?  She’d stay her ass right at that alternative school too because I would not be paying for daycare.  

I won’t shame her for formula feeding though.  As a woman more than twice her age who probably can’t breastfeed due to medical issues, I have no interest in trying either, and I don’t  feel bad about it.  Kudos to those that do because it is healthier overall, but not everyone can’t do it.  If I was a teen having a baby, I don’t think I’d want the extra stress that comes with establishing a supply or pumping.  It’s really no one’s business, and if she doesn’t think she has the time, commitment or desire, then that has nothing to do with me.  She and Max are so stupid that I think her method of feeding is the least of our concerns.  Her desire to immediately return to her pre-pregnancy life is far more alarming IMHO.  

Kelsey can be annoying, but I get where she’s coming from.  I have a sibling a lot like Lexus, a world- class fuckup in every sense of the word.  Some people just screw up everything and live in constant turmoil and chaos.  I get that vibe from Lexus, as she focuses all her time on bullshit and expects her mom to pick up the pieces and maintain her affairs, much like my sibling.  That shit gets old really fast.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 5

And the fact that she was offered a bedroom in this house and wanted the basement makes a world of difference in this conflict. 

Assuming it’s true, it does make a difference...but it doesn’t make the basement inhabitable for a crawling infant. If Greg Brady wants to get away from the little kids and sleep in the attic/basement, fine. But that basement did not approach being appropriate for Timmy even if they made all the promised changes, and I’m not holding my breath till Shannon fixes it up with carpet and lights and whatever. You don’t allow your child to make an unsafe living choice, even if they ask for it. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

Assuming it’s true, it does make a difference...but it doesn’t make the basement inhabitable for a crawling infant. If Greg Brady wants to get away from the little kids and sleep in the attic/basement, fine. But that basement did not approach being appropriate for Timmy even if they made all the promised changes, and I’m not holding my breath till Shannon fixes it up with carpet and lights and whatever. You don’t allow your child to make an unsafe living choice, even if they ask for it. 

But that's the thing.  To me, as soon as McKayla brought a child into this world and the fact that she is almost 18 herself, all considerations of her as a child are out the window.  And aren't teens automatically legally emancipated once they have a child?  She's free to do what she wants and that includes making whatever bad decisions that she wants.  She was offered a bedroom.   She chose the basement.  What else is Shannon supposed to do?  McKayla does what McKayla wants.  No one stops her.  If she didn't like the accommodations, she should speak up and put an end to the whole deal.  But what does she do instead, get Tim and Caelan all fired up about it so they can rush in and save the day. 

Sure Shannon absolutely has her own angle, but she seems to view McKayla more of the adult she's about to be than anyone else.  And it makes sense that she would.  McKayla, since she didn't raise her and is just as immature as McKayla in a lot of ways, is more her contemporary than a daughter.  Shannon herself was probably treated 100% as an adult as soon as she got pregnant by her parents, so she expects the same for McKayla.  Except  McKayla has got her grandparents at her beck and call.  No doubt Shannon is wrong to try and use McKayla and her supposed desire to be with her mother finally (I sometimes buy the sincerity of this) to supplement her rent, but I don't see it as some big nefarious thing either.  It's opportunistic and selfish.  Those are very common traits with this show.  What's the point in arguing with her when she's already shown that talking to her doesn't work and McKayla is going to do what she wants regardless?  For all anyone knows, Shannon was waiting for McKayla to come to her senses about the basement on her own.  Are the rest of them going to run around for the rest of their lives saving McKayla from her own bad decisions?  If they are, they've already proven to be pretty lousy at it.  They didn't stop her from having a kid before she could take care of it.  They didn't stop her from having a kid with someone who can't take care of her or their child.  They don't stop her from seeing that living with Shannon shouldn't be her priority.  

Everything wrong with McKayla isn't all Shannon's fault.  She isn't the one who is responsible for the mean and dumb box of rocks that McKayla has turned out to be right?  That's all on the grandparents.  They raised her, since according to popular belief, Shannon was MIA until the show.  Therefore, McKayla is the product of her grandparents' child-rearing skills.  And looking at BOTH Shannon and McKayla, they've done a pretty shitty job so far.  Why isn't there post after post about the failings of the grandparents?  They had more of an influence than Shannon.  Where is the brother?  I need to know what his life is like to see if the grandparents did any better with him.  When is McKayla responsible for her own shitty behavior and choices?  Anything she does, it's "Well Shannon . . . "  She keeps the baby from Shelley: "It's Shannon's fault."  Her dumbass wants to live in an uninhabitable basement with her infant: "Shannon is making her do it . . . "  All the while, McKayla gets exactly what she wants because she's played them all off each other.  She knows the dynamics and exactly how to use them to her advantage.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Squirrely said:

Oh my gosh, it wasn't just the basement that was scary! The poor little girl living there now doesn't even have sheets on her bed, just a nasty looking mattress. 

I have nothing against fixing up a basement and putting down carpet on a concrete floor. I didn't really understand the horror of that concept. Plenty of houses are built on concrete slabs. But the loose wires hanging everywhere? Holy hell! I assume she's renting so the landlord ought to have that fixed ASAP. 

I also see no issue with a teen parent contributing to the household. But... Shannon made a big deal about how she'd supply diapers and formula, etc. How can someone who can't pay her utilities make that offer? That's a huge expense! I'm sure it was total BS. She's taking advantage, plain and simple. Her wanting her daughter to live with her is all about needing help. She's a grifter. A grifter with a victim complex. Nothing is ever her fault and everyone should trip over themselves to help her, always. She showed her true colors last season and it would be foolish to believe anything has changed. But Mckayla is still a kid who wants to believe it, as any kid would. 

I agree. Shannon is full of shit and I think she's also a bit jealous of how her parents care for McKayla. I also do not think, as someone above suggested, that when she said no matter how bad things got they never cut her off, that meant they were giving her any real money. More like they answered the phone and the door when she came calling and maybe gave her $20 now and then.

But she is full of shit and taking advantage of McKayla's longing to live with her mum. As for Caelin, according to an article in their hometown paper, he went to technical school to study auto mechanics and though not working in that field, has a job. He also graduated a year earlier than McKayla, so maybe he was an at-home dad while she was at school because the grands and Shelley work. I don't think his mother would condone him being a useless slacker and he probably took the baby to see her on the down-low.

Laura's parents are frightening. They look like they have fucking PSTD. 

Kelsey went down in my esteem when I saw her 25-year-old boy toy. WTF? After seeing the previews last week, I was like, who is that dude? Thought maybe he's a co-worker but no, he's her fucking 25-year-old boyfriend. Now what do we think Lexus thinks when she sees that coupling? With his crazy hair and all of those tattoos.

And yes, Kelsey can do what she wants, but damn. Way to set an example.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, KBrownie said:

You can't chide someone about assumptive comments and then make a huge one about Shannon.  No one knows anything about her situation or if she's on any assistance.  Or if she only came back into McKayla's life with the cameras.  All anyone does when it comes to her is assume.  I'm not a fan, but the unearned pile on is excessive.  All of these people are awful.  All of them are on this show to get the Z-list fame and fortune of reality TV.  They aren't doing it for any other reason than that.  Yeah, Shannon's situation stands to improve the most, but they all want a come up.

And in regards to Caelan, what does he do?  He talks shit, but he doesn't have anywhere for his kid and McKayla to sleep.  The Shannon stuff would be a moot point if he had a place for them to stay.  He can STFU about anyone "getting off their asses."  Get off yours first and then you can talk.  But he's content to let his mother and Tim do all the heavy lifting for him and McKayla and they can continue to play house on someone else's dime.

So I guess we can just hope both Shannon's young children have medical coverage under their fathers and she opted not to sign up for Medicaid and instead will cover the cost of her hospital birth out of pocket. Mm-hm.

All of those people are shit for different reasons but if Shannon had called my mom a bitch in front of me all bets would be off as far as respect. Period. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Some kids ARE low maintenance, though, and I have definitely said so out loud, to my kids.  I have a 5 year old who likes to get undressed and run outside, climb trees and jump off of them, try to open the door in a moving car (thank god for safety locks)... he is just a lot of work, all the time.  My 9 year old is easy and he has always been easy.  I tell him that, and he is so happy that he beams.  

I just don't understand the outrage for saying it.  

3 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

When Chloe was going on to her mom about how she wanted to go back to her old high school and how SHE KNEW she would have to come home right after school...why didn't mom ask her "who is taking care of her baby while she is in school!!!" At the other school she gets to take her child. She thinks her life won't change, but shows no regard to how she has changed the life of those around her. I personally hope Max does not keep his promise to do the night feedings and she gets woke up every 2 hours so she can see how her life has CHANGED.

Max really is an idiot.  He was going to set alarms (!!!) so he could wake up to feed the baby.  So so dumb.

9 minutes ago, politichick said:

Kelsey went down in my esteem when I saw her 25-year-old boy toy. WTF? After seeing the previews last week, I was like, who is that dude? Thought maybe he's a co-worker but no, he's her fucking 25-year-old boyfriend. Now what do we think Lexus thinks when she sees that coupling? With his crazy hair and all of those tattoos.

Kelsey's boyfriend seems like the sanest one of the bunch!  

Now, granted that is not saying much...

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

But that's the thing.  To me, as soon as McKayla brought a child into this world and the fact that she is almost 18 herself, all considerations of her as a child are out the window.  And aren't teens automatically legally emancipated once they have a child?  She's free to do what she wants and that includes making whatever bad decisions that she wants.  She was offered a bedroom.   She chose the basement.  What else is Shannon supposed to do?  McKayla does what McKayla wants.  No one stops her.  If she didn't like the accommodations, she should speak up and put an end to the whole deal.  But what does she do instead, get Tim and Caelan all fired up about it so they can rush in and save the day. 

Sure Shannon absolutely has her own angle, but she seems to view McKayla more of the adult she's about to be than anyone else.  And it makes sense that she would.  McKayla, since she didn't raise her and is just as immature as McKayla in a lot of ways, is more her contemporary than a daughter.  Shannon herself was probably treated 100% as an adult as soon as she got pregnant by her parents, so she expects the same for McKayla.  Except  McKayla has got her grandparents at her beck and call.  No doubt Shannon is wrong to try and use McKayla and her supposed desire to be with her mother finally (I sometimes buy the sincerity of this) to supplement her rent, but I don't see it as some big nefarious thing either.  It's opportunistic and selfish.  Those are very common traits with this show.  What's the point in arguing with her when she's already shown that talking to her doesn't work and McKayla is going to do what she wants regardless?  For all anyone knows, Shannon was waiting for McKayla to come to her senses about the basement on her own.  Are the rest of them going to run around for the rest of their lives saving McKayla from her own bad decisions?  If they are, they've already proven to be pretty lousy at it.  They didn't stop her from having a kid before she could take care of it.  They didn't stop her from having a kid with someone who can't take care of her or their child.  They don't stop her from seeing that living with Shannon shouldn't be her priority.  

Everything wrong with McKayla isn't all Shannon's fault.  She isn't the one who is responsible for the mean and dumb box of rocks that McKayla has turned out to be right?  That's all on the grandparents.  They raised her, since according to popular belief, Shannon was MIA until the show.  Therefore, McKayla is the product of her grandparents' child-rearing skills.  And looking at BOTH Shannon and McKayla, they've done a pretty shitty job so far.  Why isn't there post after post about the failings of the grandparents?  They had more of an influence than Shannon.  Where is the brother?  I need to know what his life is like to see if the grandparents did any better with him.  When is McKayla responsible for her own shitty behavior and choices?  Anything she does, it's "Well Shannon . . . "  She keeps the baby from Shelley: "It's Shannon's fault."  Her dumbass wants to live in an uninhabitable basement with her infant: "Shannon is making her do it . . . "  All the while, McKayla gets exactly what she wants because she's played them all off each other.  She knows the dynamics and exactly how to use them to her advantage.  

If this is the case why does she admit to not being able to afford the rental without McKayla's help? You've chosen to believe that McKayla chose the basement over the bedroom but Shannon is the only one who has mentioned that. For all we know, that could be another of Shannon's lies.

As for Shannon being missing in action, she's admitted to it, Shelly has commented on that and McKayla has said it numerous times. It's not just popular belief.

Shouldn't her mother advise her this is a bad idea? Every other adult in her life is telling her this is a bad idea. Caelan (and probably Shelly) for sure has other reasons for being against it but her grandparents seem to want her to be safe and warm. And they'd want that for her child. That basement didn't look livable in its present condition and if Shannon needed assistance with the down payment and can't afford the rental without McKayla's "little bit" of money, then how likely is it that she'll be able to get it fixed up within days of McKayla moving in?

• Love 16
24 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Some kids ARE low maintenance, though, and I have definitely said so out loud, to my kids.  I have a 5 year old who likes to get undressed and run outside, climb trees and jump off of them, try to open the door in a moving car (thank god for safety locks)... he is just a lot of work, all the time.  My 9 year old is easy and he has always been easy.  I tell him that, and he is so happy that he beams.  

For me it wasn't just that he said it to her while discussing how she was upset about it but also that she looked hurt after he said it. She kind of looked like she wanted to say something but didn't. 

There's something very strange about this family but it could be that they aren't comfortable on camera.The parents seem to lack emotion or something. I don't know. Laura's incessant giggling is annoying but at least she did seem genuinely in love with her baby. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

For me it wasn't just that he said it to her while discussing how she was upset about it but also that she looked hurt after he said it. She kind of looked like she wanted to say something but didn't. 

There's something very strange about this family but it could be that they aren't comfortable on camera.The parents seem to lack emotion or something. I don't know. Laura's incessant giggling is annoying but at least she did seem genuinely in love with her baby. 

Oh, I do agree that there is something very strange about this family.  They seem shell-shocked, almost like they are just finding out about the pregnancy, or still in denial.  All of the other parents have sort of accepted that the babies are coming, for better or worse.  This family seems like they are all living in a nightmare.  

• Love 9

She was offered a bedroom. She chose the basement. What else is Shannon supposed to do? 

I don't allow people to use my home to endanger babies. Shannon doesn't have to, either. She can say, "Get your baby out of that moldy basement or I'm calling CPS."

I mean, if McKayla wanted to put Timmy in the dryer, would we just shrug and say "It's McKayla's choice"? What if McKayla was offered a bedroom and chose to live on the porch all winter? You use the word NO and you do not participate in that insanity.

I thought both Lauren and her sister where acting spoiled..it's her birthday, not a national holiday!

Agreed. But Anna is (barely) 15, and I expect her to be self-centered. The problem is the parents, whose attitude is, "Well, you don't need attention anyway." I think Anna needed to hear: "We love you just as much as your sister, and we're proud of you for being so patient during this family crisis. We will find another day to do something special with you." Maybe they did say that and it didn't make the show.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, KBrownie said:

Everything wrong with McKayla isn't all Shannon's fault.  She isn't the one who is responsible for the mean and dumb box of rocks that McKayla has turned out to be right?  That's all on the grandparents.  They raised her, since according to popular belief, Shannon was MIA until the show.  Therefore, McKayla is the product of her grandparents' child-rearing skills.  And looking at BOTH Shannon and McKayla, they've done a pretty shitty job so far.  Why isn't there post after post about the failings of the grandparents?  They had more of an influence than Shannon. 

Funny you should mention that because I was going to post that I don't like McKayla's grandparents, but thought I'd already said too much other stuff.  But I'll do it now.

@LilaFowler said Laura seems a bit "touched."  I feel the same way about McKayla's grandmother--just something about the look on her face as she sits there silently during every interview.  And Tim rubs me the wrong way, too, for reasons I can't quite figure out.

I don't like Shannon, either, but I remember her saying something to McKayla like, "That's because they like you better than they like me," and I saw some real hurt there.

That whole family's messed up.  I do like McKayla's hair, though.

2 hours ago, Soup333 said:
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Maybe something like, "Yes, I'm low maintenance, but that doesn't mean I want to be ignored.  What does a person have to do to get some attention in this family?  Oh, wait...I know!"

I totally agree with every word.  But I do have to give them some credit for naming their daughter Laura.  It's such a relief among Lexus, Shayden, McKayla, Caelan...

• Love 10

Mykala  should not be asked to share expenses with Shannon.  Shannon is looking for easy money. No way in hades should Mykala and Timmy be allowed to move into that filthy house.  I’m not sure she still attends school.  But she is likely to drop out of school if she needs to get a job to support Shannon.  

My biggest complaint about this show is lack of reference to the girl’s education.  We know Chloe still attends but what about the rest.  Lack of education and job skill will lead to lifetime low income jobs, or no jobs.  Single parenthood likely means the next generation will grow up poor and uneducated.  

Shannon’s parents are saving the lives of their grandchildren and great grandson.  Kudos to them and hope they get through to Mykala. 

• Love 9

Laura's parents seem like the type who NEVER talk about emotions. Makes for awkward family gatherings with tension in the air, as you could see from Anna's little birthday celebration. There was one moment where Anna was stepping around her mom to get out of the kitchen and those two seconds told me a ton about their family. Anna was obviously upset with the whole situation, but she's learned that expressing any dissatisfaction with her parents is unacceptable. So she bowed her head and awkwardly walked past her mom, who slightly noticed her daughter's weirdness but didn't care enough (or didn't care enough to address i, lest having to deal with the inevitable emotions) to do anything. 

The entire family is emotionally stunted, and Laura is likely the black sheep of the family who rebelled against the status quo by distancing herself emotionally from her family (hence the "Anna's got to get over this" mentality) while also fufilling her emotional needs in "unexpected" ways.

It hit so close to home because it mirrored so many interactions in my own family.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Okay - I am just about done with Chloe saying, with a tone:  "I DO GET IT!  I DO UNDERSTAND!!!"  No, no you don't.  You think you are having a baby, you are going back to your old school for senior year, la la la LA LA!!!!  Bitch please.   I am not going to fault her for bottle feeding over nursing as I just want that baby to fed on her own schedule, not some Max made schedule that he has all planned out.  I think if she just gets through the day without weeping and sobbing we will all be relieved.

Per Mikayla and the paying rent/money issues:  Are her grandparents going to let her live with them while they support her AND Timmy?  No wonder she acts like she is 14, they treat her like she is 14.  Pay rent, pay utilities, SOMETHING!!!  Time to adult here people!!!  But that basement - oh hell to the no.  I am sure there is a lot of weird dynamics between the grandparents, Shannon and Mikayla so that never helps an already stressful situation.

I have no words for the 25 year old boyfriend.  Who is now dating a 32 grandmother.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Gingi1976 said:

And who tells their kid, “You don’t require a lot of attention?”

Parents like mine. Parents who think because there is no school or social trouble everything is hunky Dory and they can leave that kid to their own devices while they use their energy to raise the other kids. My parents lucked out what me and I got out of it mostly unscathed. But I will always be resentful of the fact that I had such little guidance growing up.  I always felt like I had to figure everything out all by myself.   My parents never gave me the sex talk or the “period” talk - which is how I assume Laura and Anna’s parents also handled those topics. Laura’s parents ended up with a teen mom. My parents were just lucky that I knew  that I wanted to move out and go to college and there was no way I was going to risk that by having sex as a teen. 

• Love 9

In the previews I had been wondering why Kelsey was talking to one of her daughter's friends about getting guardianship. She looks like she could be her bf's mother; they just don't look right together. I guess I wasn't catching the chemistry between them. (eye roll)

Didn't realize Kelsey's ex was in & out of jail, & in past she mentioned having stayed with him for quite a while.  It's becoming more apparent Lexus had the odds really stacked against her.

Agree that Kelsey is getting too much screen time, & now her bf gets a cut too.

Chloe is clueless; it may be a rude awakening for her. Did they happen to mention where the baby was going to be during the day while she's back in her regular HS, because I didn't catch it.

In fact I wonder, as was stated above, who else is going to school, where, & what the plan is for the babies afterward.

I agree Laura's family seems emotionally constipated. I was kind of surprised her mom wasn't there for her giving birth, as they were back from lunch by then, but they just don't seem like a very 'feely' family, so maybe it was better off.

Hopefully those 'you're low maintenance & don't need much attention' comments won't come back to bite them.

I was trying to give Shannon the benefit of the doubt, but when I heard her losing it in the previews about counting on McKayla's money & not being able to afford the house without it I just think she's a cold bitch. Buy or rent your own damn house Shannon, the 'adult'. If McKayla could contribute that's one thing, I'm not against it, but to count on her daughter putting money into the house to even be able to have it is beyond awful. I hope McKayla was aware of this because otherwise it could be quite devastating - she may be thinking her mom wanted her there to develop a relationship with her, not for a financial contribution to her living arrangements. I had a feeling something was 'off' with Shannon when she said their kids would "grow up together" in the house - huh? How long did she figure her daughter & grandson would be living in the basement - 'till he was grown?  She's still living in her own selfish world IMO.

I've not been a fan of McKayla or Caelen up 'till now but feel badly about her having a mother like Shannon. I agree with others, though, who say her grandparents were way too lenient - she did get pregnant on their watch, & she runs over them all the time, so, there's that too.

It does seem like Caelen works as he has spoken about it & saving money to get their own place. I honestly wonder how long that would work out for them, though, given they are both still so immature & McKayla will lose the safety net of her grandparent's home. I think she'd be back pretty quickly no matter where she tries to go at this point.

• Love 6

I have no problem with Mckayla helping out with expenses, although $500 a month is too much. I do have a problem with her living in the basement. I don't care if she wanted to. Her mother should have told her no because the basement is not safe for her and Timmy to live in. I feel sorry for Chloe and Max's baby it is doomed from the start with those two.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I think a lot of the outrage comes from seeing the look on her face when her father said it to her. She was obviously hurt by the comment. 

11 hours ago, SlothLoveChunk said:

Laura's parents seem like the type who NEVER talk about emotions.

I don't think they know how to show emotion. Her father looks like he is in constant confusion and her mom just sits there like a bump on a log. They couldn't even get Anna a cake that said Happy Birthday on it and don't even get me started about the not showing even the slightest interest for being there at the birth. They acted like it was a blip in their schedule to have to attend.  That must be a miserable house to live in.

Edited by IgnoranceisBLISS
  • Love 11

That basement is uninhabitable. To think just throwing some carpet down will be fine is ridiculous - like Tim said it's still a concrete floor! The baby could really get hurt there, not to mention all the other problems as in possible mold, wires hanging, poop/pee - it really doesn't seem like a place McKayla would even want to live. And I definitely agree with just saying no on the basement - she's not making a rational decision & it's not just herself but a baby at risk living there, so she definitely needs to hear 'no'... although how many times has she actually heard 'no' & if she has, actually heeded it?  Yeah. I don't see the season ending with her living there though.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 9