Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

Shannon is so full of it. She needed McKayla's money for the security deposit. She clearly doesn't have enough money to take care of herself and her kids and is using McKayla for benefits. You can pay utilities? Where I live, the light and gas bill can be $500 in the winter. It's less in the summer ($300), but it's still a significant bill for a young woman without a job. A good mother wouldn't take her child from stability and thrust her into instability. 

Shayden saying he didn't think he was mean enough about Lexus cheating sent off alarm bells. Him saying that she needs to try harder not to do things that made him mad had me screaming. She needs to run away. I feel like he hit her when he found out she cheated. 

Edited by Ivylady
  • Love 18

Good grief, what are these families thinking by allowing this show about them to air?? Do they not realize how awful they all look? Where has dignity and humility gone?  I am just disgusted by everyone on this show, adults and teens.  What a bunch of uneducated losers, plain and simple. Ugh, and my family works hard to pay taxes so probably all of them can receive Medicaid and welfare.  

• Love 13

Emily needs to call it a wrap with Diego because he is never going to be the man she wants him to be. He's still clinging to being a boy and I think it is extremely unrealistic of them to expect anything from him. Who didn't know he was going to be an asshole at the shower? She needs to focus on what kind of mother she's going to be and how she's going to handle it largely on her own. Maybe she should try to hook up with Max, who is desperate for a family of his own. Agree with Ghoulina that he wanted to knock that girl up. Wonder how he'll feel when he sees her mother complaining about how he's always in her house.

Also agree that McKayla desperately wants some time with her mother so it was sad when she said she suspects Shannon has ulterior motives.

Lexus's mother was trying so hard not to blow her top when Shaydon was there. And he is so gross. Grosser than the girl's filthy fringe.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Why am I not surprised to see that Shannon has already got some scheme going with McKayla? "Surrrrre, I'll get a place and pay for it and you can just help with utilities and food...you know, if you can. I'll even make sure there's plenty of diapers and formula for both babies!" Fast forward one week - "McKayla, can you cover the rent this month, the money I was waiting on didn't come in." Oh, and she doesn't want Caelen moving in because she doesn't want to have to pay for him? Bahahaha. More like she doesn't want him around because he's been on to her from day one. Shannon is a grifter, plain and simple. Nothing will ever convince me otherwise. 

Chloe and Max - I may be wrong, but I 100% believe Max intended to get her pregnant. I know that it's usually the girls who are trying to trap a guy, but he seems way more into her than she is into him. He also seems way more into having a baby, and I'm not buying his stories about why they didn't use BC. I know many teens ARE that ignorant and lazy about it, but there's just a vibe I'm getting from Max. His mother was a stripper who often left him in hotel rooms. I think he's trying to recreate that "happy family" he never had. 

But he concerns me. Too controlling. Too obsessive. He's always there! (I feel Chloe's Farrah-Abraham-look-alike mom on that. Give the woman some peace!) And the look on his face when Chloe insulted his "pull-out game"? Dark, dead eyes. Serial killer eyes. Yea, someone like him concerns me way more than obvious douchelords like Diego....

....Speaking of which - that kid is an ass. And it's quite apparent that he's been totally coddled and enabled by his mother (possibly also his father) his entire life. She only speaks a few sentences this episode and they're to defend her son's shitty behavior at the baby shower. I don't care if I thought Emily's mom was wrong to ask him to come to the front (and I don't), I would NEVER think it's okay for my son to speak about a woman that way. Much less the grandmother of his child. Much less in front of everyone at a public gathering. He fucking sucks and she made him that way. 

YES to your entire posts, but specifically that Shannon that f-ing bitch is using her daughter in order to get a house!  She thinks she has enough money to stock diapers and formula for 2 babies???  She can't even save for a down payment.  I just hope she fucks over McKayla sooner rather than later so she can move back with her grandparents.

OMG that Max is a weird looking person.  Also he absolutely got her pregnant on purpose, to create the family he never had.  He is creepy in a few different ways.

HA - yes the mother of Chloe is Farrah Abraham's double, that is so funny.

Diego is an asshole and the mother acting like that was normal - omg.  He should have had this crap CUT THE FUCK OUT when he was like 6 years old.  How embarrassing to have your teenager speak like that to another adult.  Why is she not embarrassed??

1 hour ago, politichick said:

Lexus's mother was trying so hard not to blow her top when Shaydon was there. And he is so gross. Grosser than the girl's filthy fringe.

He is so gross!  Maybe the grossest person on reality tv - and that is saying something.

• Love 9
On 7/26/2018 at 7:02 PM, SweetRenee said:

I'm really sad to see such judgement on Shannon. The way Shelly is treating her is judgemental and she is a bully and a gossip. ...

I understand where you are coming from, and I do agree - changing yourself is the hardest thing in the world and people who have not dealt with addiction don't get it.  I commend anyone who has made a life change, getting sober is incredibly difficult.

That being said, it would be nice if Shannon had an ounce of humility.  She can't expect to walk in and have the trust of everyone, and the respect that she thinks she deserves just because she is the mother.  Trust is earned, respect is earned too.  She can't start calling the shots, she needs to slowly blend in with the people who have been there McKayla's entire life.  

• Love 6
14 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Considering the parents that we've seen on the show, it is clear to me that the kids never stood a chance of growing up to be normal, goal-oriented adults. They were always doomed. Diego's mother isn't even ashamed of her jerk son's behavior and has probably never disciplined him in his life. He'll be an affront to all other humans for the rest of his life.

Diego's mother had me rolling. Does she still cut up his food for him? No wonder he's such a big baby. Ugh. His behavior at the shower was terrible, of course. But oh my god, that was such a sad little event. No one was laughing or enjoying themselves. 

11 hours ago, Ivylady said:

She seemed almost proud of his rudeness. I see how he turned out the way he did. 

Emiley needs to cut her and her daughter's losses now. Get a custody and support arrangement and keep it moving. 

Shayden is so on meth. When Lexus said his acne came back after clearing up, I knew. Of course his face cleared up when he was in jail and couldn't get drugs. She's too young and dumb to see it. Kelsey is gonna be raising Scarlet and another one soon if she's not careful. 

Shaeden will be back in jail with a quickness, so there's that to be thankful for. Maybe Lexus will be able to meet someone else and move on if he spends enough time up the river. Red flags all over the place. "don't do things that make me mad". Oy. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I know a lot of people think McKayla is an ungrateful brat; and I can see where they're coming from. But I can't help but feel badly for her. I think, despite how great her grandparents were, that she's always desperately wanted a connection with her mother. I'd wager to say that's fairly normal in these types of situations. And Shannon is ready to jump right in and use that to manipulate her daughter. It's pretty gross; and I hope McKayla can wake up and figure it out sooner rather than later. 

I agree with you. I blame Shannon for this mess regarding the move. 

Diego is a fucking punk who needs to be slapped. If he isn’t an abuser now give him 5yrs, he will leave a trail in his wake. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Diego's mother had me rolling. Does she still cut up his food for him?

I would not be surprised at all. That kid has clearly never heard the word "no" in his life. 

• Love 12

I didn't like the way that Caelin spoke about Shannon, saying that she needs to "get off of her lazy ass and get a job for once in her life." That may or may not be true but it's not his place to say and it's also not the way that you speak about your child's grandmother. NONE of these little boys respect women. The girls are just dumb enough that they don't realize that the way these jerks treat their mothers and their friends is the way that they're going to treat them at some point (if they aren't already).

Everyone on this show is either part of the trash or a silent witness to it.

• Love 14

Well, this episode delivered on the foolishness. Previously I thought Diego was just being a typical uninterested loser, but no. He has to be a deliberate and concentrated asshole. If my kid behaved that way at ANYONE’S baby shower he’d be in a world of hurt. We don’t know what else his parents said in the interview, but they didn’t seem to make any attempt to shut that behavior down in real time. 

• Love 11

I seriously dont get Max and Chloe. She and her family do not appear to like him at all, not even a little bit. And wth is with Max, he seems like a 40-y-o man, so desperate for a family. Max, this family doesn't want you at all. Move on.

Diego is such a punk. If he treated my daughter that way and embarrassed her in public, I would smack him and his fool parents ! Honestly,  I think he wants Emiliey (or however she spells her name) to kick him to the curb. 

Who here is surprised that Shannon is only interested in Mckayla 's $ ? And boy that basement looked really cold and depressing. I would never live there alone and certainly not with my child.

• Love 12
22 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Considering the parents that we've seen on the show, it is clear to me that the kids never stood a chance of growing up to be normal, goal-oriented adults. They were always doomed. Diego's mother isn't even ashamed of her jerk son's behavior and has probably never disciplined him in his life. He'll be an affront to all other humans for the rest of his life.

Just until he runs up in the right guy to knock the shit out of him.  Little punk asses like him will pick on a pregnant girl, but he wouldn’t dare step to another guy with that bullshit.  

• Love 6

Max really has the affect if a sociopath.  It’s alarming.  I don’t blame Chloe’s mom for being tired of him, but be a parent damn it!  Tell him to go his ass home, end of story.  I don’t understand these adults letting the kids take over their homes.  Stepdad needs to step up.  

I don’t like Shannon, but I have to agree with her.  Caelan wouldn’t move into my house either.  I don’t care how many kids they have, my minor daughter and her boyfriend wouldn’t play house in my house either. If Caelen wants to live with his “family”, then he needs to get a job and an apartment for them.  

Diego learned his asshole ways from his fat ass mom.  She’s an ignorant brute isn’t she?  Emily is whiny and annoying, and shallow.  

Kelsey is a better woman than me because Shayden wouldn’t dot my door.  Scarlett may be his daughter but it’s Kelsey’s house. He can visit in the driveway or at the nearest McDonals’s.  

ETA: Diego is dick lint, but why would Emily think a 16-year old boy would be interested in a baby shower? I know women who don’t enjoy showers.  I guess I’m old scool because I hate co-ed showers.  Especially for teenage parents.  He’s a jerk but I fault her for making him go because she’s so damn needy.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
And
  • Love 12

@Ijustwantsomechips I hate baby showers too- but it’s a shower for HIS baby. At the very minimum he could’ve shown up, smiled, spoken respectfully to his elders like he had home training, regardless if he was interested. There are things you do because of social rules and they mean a lot to your family. 

Im new to this series but I don’t see Max as a sociopath- emotionally needy and naive but I’m not getting abuser vibes from him like Diego. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

@Ijustwantsomechips I hate baby showers too- but it’s a shower for HIS baby. At the very minimum he could’ve shown up, smiled, spoken respectfully to his elders like he had home training, regardless if he was interested. There are things you do because of social rules and they mean a lot to your family. 

THIS!  Those people spent good money on his baby.  Has Diego ever priced one of those large boxes of diapers??? He should’ve been mature enough to put on a smile and say thank you to all those people who want to help his child get a good start in life —despite her moronic daddy. 

Of course, if he had been raised properly and he wasn’t so immature or moronic he wouldn’t be a teen dad.  I wanted to slap his parents in the talking heads.  I wonder if he gets treated like a little king because of his football skills? Tragic.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Of course, if he had been raised properly and he wasn’t so immature or moronic he wouldn’t be a teen dad.

I think a teen can be naive and moronic- and end up having a child; while being raised properly & being a person of good moral fiber who’s respectful and considerate of others. However such a person probably wouldn’t be on a reality show about Teen Pregnancy. 

Making a mistake doesn’t make someone a person of bad character, but people of bad character (like Diego) do a lot of things that hurt others because they don’t care about the consequences- he’s a narrisastic prick. She needs to get away from him, before he hurts her or the baby. 

So far I see Max as dumb, but I’m not concerned for anyone’s safety when he’s around. I don’t think he would hurt Chole and I haven’t seen him speaking to her like she’s dirt beneath his shoe. I think he probably likes her more than she does him. 

In season 1 did any of these girls discuss why they didn’t terminate the pregnancy?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

THIS!  Those people spent good money on his baby.  Has Diego ever priced one of those large boxes of diapers??? He should’ve been mature enough to put on a smile and say thank you to all those people who want to help his child get a good start in life —despite her moronic daddy. 

Of course, if he had been raised properly and he wasn’t so immature or moronic he wouldn’t be a teen dad.  I wanted to slap his parents in the talking heads.  I wonder if he gets treated like a little king because of his football skills? Tragic.

This has to be contributing to his bad attitude and thinking he is so wonderful - cant wait for his basic ass to get out into the real world for his reality and place in life to hit him hard. 

• Love 10
On 8/12/2018 at 10:38 PM, LilaFowler said:

I wanted to kick Diego's ass into 2020!  No way would I let my son talk to anyone that way!!   The comment over the diapers. Ugh what a punk.  Not even mentioning what he said to Emiley's mom when she told him to help open presents. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Im new to this series but I don’t see Max as a sociopath- emotionally needy and naive but I’m not getting abuser vibes from him like Diego. 

I only saw Max for the first time Sunday night, but he had those dead/angry eyes. Maybe I've been listening to too much of the My Favorite Murder podcast, but that dude raised all kinds of alarm bells with me. I'd take Diego over him any day. 

13 hours ago, PityFree said:

Oh yes. I forgot about him complaining that they got more than one pack of diapers. Who DOES that? Does he have any idea how quickly they'll go through them???

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Max really has the affect if a sociopath.  It’s alarming.  I don’t blame Chloe’s mom for being tired of him, but be a parent damn it!  Tell him to go his ass home, end of story.  I don’t understand these adults letting the kids take over their homes.  Stepdad needs to step up.  

I don’t like Shannon, but I have to agree with her.  Caelan wouldn’t move into my house either.  I don’t care how many kids they have, my minor daughter and her boyfriend wouldn’t play house in my house either. If Caelen wants to live with his “family”, then he needs to get a job and an apartment for them.  

Diego learned his asshole ways from his fat ass mom.  She’s an ignorant brute isn’t she?  Emily is whiny and annoying, and shallow.  

Kelsey is a better woman than me because Shayden wouldn’t dot my door.  Scarlett may be his daughter but it’s Kelsey’s house. He can visit in the driveway or at the nearest McDonals’s.  

ETA: Diego is dick lint, but why would Emily think a 16-year old boy would be interested in a baby shower? I know women who don’t enjoy showers.  I guess I’m old scool because I hate co-ed showers.  Especially for teenage parents.  He’s a jerk but I fault her for making him go because she’s so damn needy.  

Max seems to think he's king of the universe because one stupid, doe eyed girl hangs on his every word and is eager to do his bidding. Even when her mother speaks to her directly, he answers. I don't think he's a sociopath, but I do think that he's very narcissistic and full of himself.

I agree on Shannon. I have stated on these boards more than once that I am baffled by these parents who let their kids play house with their boyfriends in their homes! The reasoning that they're there "to help with the baby" is bullshit! I would say "sorry honey. You decided to have a baby at 16. And now you get to deal with the reality of having a kid at 16. Find out a way to take care of it, get your schooling, and make some money. Your pig ignorant, disrespectful ass of a boyfriend may come over during the day and help you, but will not be living here for extended periods. If you want to live together, get an apartment." I'm not strict and I don't have anything against teens having sex, as long as they are smart about it and use protection! These dippy kids think they'll just go on with their normal teen lives, but have a cute, attention getting baby to show off. The derp is strong.

Diego is nothing but a brat, who hides his insecurity with bluster. And I agree that showers should be ladies only, no guy really cares. BUT if he was there, he should have sucked it up and been polite. So massively insecure he's afraid his buds will tease him about it. He'll be gone before the next snowfall. Bye.

• Love 11

I’m actually afraid for what will happen when Chloe breaks up with Max someday. He strikes me as someone who would threaten suicide or barricade himself in a home with Chloe and the baby and weapons.  I can also see him stalking her.  Seriously, were there no other boys at her high school? good Lord . terrible choice for the father of your child.

Edited by PityFree
Because stalking is not stocking. I’m blaming auto correct
  • Love 15

Shaeden swanned around Kelsey's house being extremely rude, dropping his dirty clothes everywhere and ostentatiously leaving the room when Kelsey spoke to him. He is at the very least emotionally abusive to Lexus. He was horrible to the baby when she first came home--refused to give her a binkie when she cried, saying she'd "get addicted to it", didn't want to pick her up when she cried, saying she'd be "spoiled". His tone to Kelsey is always rude and dismissive. He says things to Lexus like "don't do things that make me mad". He's already been to jail.

14 hours ago, PityFree said:

I’m actually afraid for what will happen when Chloe breaks up with Max someday. He strikes me as someone who would threaten suicide or barricade himself in a home with Chloe and the baby and weapons.  I can also see him stalking her.  Seriously, were there no other boys at her high school? good Lord . terrible choice for the father of your child.

Seriously, the pickings must be slim in the places where these girls live. It looks like each of these girls searched far and wide to find the worst possible person to procreate with.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Shaeden swanned around Kelsey's house being extremely rude, dropping his dirty clothes everywhere and ostentatiously leaving the room when Kelsey spoke to him. He is at the very least emotionally abusive to Lexus. He was horrible to the baby when she first came home--refused to give her a binkie when she cried, saying she'd "get addicted to it", didn't want to pick her up when she cried, saying she'd be "spoiled". His tone to Kelsey is always rude and dismissive. He says things to Lexus like "don't do things that make me mad". He's already been to jail.

Yes. Teen boys being disrespectful to both mom and grandma is nothing new on this show. Unacceptable, but not uncommon. However, I was just FLOORED when he refused to give a NEWBORN baby her pacifier. We're not talking about about a 9-month-old who's sleeping through the night and starting to crawl. We're talking this baby was weeks old. And he's worried about her becoming a spoiled brat. FUCK. YOU. 

I worry about how controlling he'd be over Lexus and Scarlet should they ever move out together. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Seriously, the pickings must be slim in the places where these girls live. It looks like each of these girls searched far and wide to find the worst possible person to procreate with.

Wow, okay.   What a little asshole.   I'd like to smack all these little punks in the face, tbh.

• Love 4
On 8/13/2018 at 7:29 PM, PityFree said:

That's what my thought is.  He's Mommy and Daddy's Little Football Hero.  The fact that he knocked up someone isn't in their preconceived script for him, so they are just going to look the other way in almost all matters pertaining to Baby Diego.  Their son is a little asshole and the world had better just get used to it, simply because he is good at a sport.  Put all three of them in the huge honkin' SUV they no doubt own and drive them off a cliff.  The world needs fewer people like them.

Emilee or however in the hell you spell her name is the dimmest bulb I have seen in a long time, and I am a veteran of Teen Moms 1, 2, and 3.  You could use between her ears for storage.

ETA: has abortion been brought up even once on this show?  It is a viable option for millions in this country, you know.

Edited by bethster2000
  • Love 14
On 8/13/2018 at 9:08 PM, Scarlett45 said:

On 8/13/2018 at 9:29 PM, PityFree said:

Oh I totally agree with you. He should have had the manners and decency to be polite and appreciative.  But the reality of the situation is Diego is, was, and will always be a jerk. Surely Emily knew he wouldn’t behave or be polite; it’s not in him to do so. Personally, I’d rather have him stay home than come and ruin everything.  It may be his baby, but he ruined her first baby shower.  She can never get that moment back.  Had she invited only his mom, she may have enjoyed it more.  

At some point, Emily is going to have to come to terms with the butthole she procreated with, and all his character flaws. He has no social graces, and judging by his moronic parents, he has no incentive to learn.  

I also think you’re right on the money about him thinking he’s a football legend.  Maybe the parents are holding out for a pro contract and a fat payday.  Even if the little dweeb were good enough to play college ball and go pro, he’s arrogant, reckless and annoying. He’d blow the money faster than he made it, wash out and be back on his mom’s sofa in no time. 

And there’s something about the combo of Max’s flat affect, dead eyes, and condescending tone that rubs me the wrong way.  

• Love 11
On 8/14/2018 at 3:13 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

The reasoning that they're there "to help with the baby" is bullshit! I would say "sorry honey. You decided to have a baby at 16. And now you get to deal with the reality of having a kid at 16. Find out a way to take care of it, get your schooling, and make some money. Your pig ignorant, disrespectful ass of a boyfriend may come over during the day and help you, but will not be living here for extended periods.

Amen!!! I knew I couldn’t be the only person thinking this. I don’t care how many kids you have together, your ass has to bounce at 9 pm! End of discussion. I was raised to know it was rude to be at friends’ houses past that time unless I was spending the night with one of my girls on the weekend. People’s parents have to work and kids have school, so go home. 

I do feel bad for Max that his mom sucked, but the kid is not likable. And I don’t think it’s Chloe’s parents’ responsibility to fill the void. Plus his dad raised him, so it’s not like he grew up in an orphanage.  

• Love 15

I'm a minority voice: the kids staying overnight with each other is the least of my concerns. Hopefully you've already arranged for an IUD following delivery, parents, and if you haven't, then you'll get the consequences whether the boyfriends stay overnight or not.

Now, guests being respectful and quiet and staying out of Mom's living room when she's tired from work? I'm right there with you on that, but Mom isn't enforcing those rules at 6 PM, so the clock doesn't seem to be the problem. Actually, it would bug me way more to have some jackass on my couch at 6, when I'm trying to get dinner ready and decompress, than to have him there at 10 when I'm going to my room anyway.

• Love 2

Shayden also encouraged Lexus (UGH, THOSE NAMES) to sneak out of her house and have (apparently) unprotected sex when she was 14. When she finally had the gumption to break up with him, he whined that he would have never left her, some classic abuser shit. She talks like a robot now, intoning this narrative about how she deserved terrible things because she cheated on him with a girl (even though he thought it was "hot", ENORMOUS EYEROLL). I hate that punk kid. 

• Love 11

How on earth did Stinky (my name for Lexus, who always looks...unclean) have time for The Pole AND The Hole as a new mom?  She's got a lesbian lover on the side while Meth Face is in jail?   Didn't she have diapers to change?  Bottles to heat up?  More on her mind than playing two obsessive lovers off of one another while she trowels 32 pounds of makeup on her face?

• Love 16
3 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

How on earth did Stinky (my name for Lexus, who always looks...unclean) have time for The Pole AND The Hole as a new mom?  She's got a lesbian lover on the side while Meth Face is in jail?   Didn't she have diapers to change?  Bottles to heat up?  More on her mind than playing two obsessive lovers off of one another while she trowels 32 pounds of makeup on her face?

I was just coming here to ask how the hell Lexus has time, inclination, energy for one dude much less sneaking around with a lover when she has an infant! I guess that's the difference between having a baby in your 30s and having a baby when you're 15. And I suspect that mom is doing much of the heavy lifting with the baby. This kid is going to get knocked up again because her life hasn't really changed much since having a child, so what's another one. Her mom is the one bearing the financial, emotional, physical toll. And Shayden is right about one thing - mom needs to pull her head out of her ass and make sure Lexus is on some form of contraception that doesn't require her to remember to take it.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, IvySpice said:

I'm a minority voice: the kids staying overnight with each other is the least of my concerns. Hopefully you've already arranged for an IUD following delivery, parents, and if you haven't, then you'll get the consequences whether the boyfriends stay overnight or not.

Now, guests being respectful and quiet and staying out of Mom's living room when she's tired from work? I'm right there with you on that, but Mom isn't enforcing those rules at 6 PM, so the clock doesn't seem to be the problem. Actually, it would bug me way more to have some jackass on my couch at 6, when I'm trying to get dinner ready and decompress, than to have him there at 10 when I'm going to my room anyway.

I don't really mind it from a stand-point of, "You're teenagers! You should not be sleeping together!" That ship has sailed. 

But, from a standpoint of - "I work my ass of all day, have my own gaggle of kids to feed, and I'm tired" - Yea, I would not be up for having an extra body around. If they want to be together all the time, they can get jobs and get a place of their own. 

If the parents are fine with it, then I don't really care. They already made a baby together. But if the parents want their space, I totally get that as well. Getting my daughter knocked up does not give you the right to basically move in. 

All that being said, the reason Shannon's protestations about Caelen moving in rubbed me the wrong way was because I don't think her reason was genuine. I don't think she has some big moral point about "kids playing house". And I don't think for one minute she's worried about supporting Caelen - if anything it would be the other way around. I think she just wants to isolate McKayla so she can manipulate her without the knowing eyes of those who are onto Shannon's grifting ways. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 18

Lexus is looking for love in all the wrong places.  Her Mother needs to  stop rolling her eyes and judging Shady - and get Lexus into some therapy to love herself.  She's young and has a long life ahead of her, some therapy now will go a long way to helping her be the best Mom she can be for her little girl.  She breaks my heart because she is so willing to bend to Shady's demands.  A part time J.O.B. and some therapy would work wonders for her.  

Even if the girls are already pregnant, their parents still have a right to be outraged that they might get pregnant again, under their roof, and then the parents are on the hook for more money, support, babysitting, etc.  I can only imagine the incredible disappointment and sadness in seeing all their dreams go up in smoke in an instant.  Very sad, yet they can help the girls get self-esteem through therapy and support them emotionally since they are still quite young themselves.  

• Love 10
On 8/16/2018 at 5:15 AM, tobeannounced said:

And I suspect that mom is doing much of the heavy lifting with the baby.

I couldn't agree with you more.  And honestly?  If I had that delicious bundle of adorable in my house, I would be scrambling to do everything possible with her, too.

Lexus' mom seems to be a survivor.  And strong.  For some reason, I really like her.

• Love 4
On 8/13/2018 at 1:25 AM, Ivylady said:

Shayden is so on meth. When Lexus said his acne came back after clearing up, I knew. Of course his face cleared up when he was in jail and couldn't get drugs. She's too young and dumb to see it. Kelsey is gonna be raising Scarlet and another one soon if she's not careful. 

Yep, I thought the exact same thing about his acne/meth face.

Edited by LisaWl7TR
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 8/16/2018 at 9:52 AM, ghoulina said:

I don't really mind it from a stand-point of, "You're teenagers! You should not be sleeping together!" That ship has sailed. 

But, from a standpoint of - "I work my ass of all day, have my own gaggle of kids to feed, and I'm tired" - Yea, I would not be up for having an extra body around. If they want to be together all the time, they can get jobs and get a place of their own. 

Yes, this. I don't have a care in the world if teenagers are having sex--as long as they are responsible and use protection. But I would object in the strongest possible terms if my teenage daughter blandly expected me to let her methy, drug addled, abusive boyfriend to move in. Uh uh. You guys want to play house? Fine. Get an apartment. Live the dream. Don't expect me to support you and your stupid baby daddy. The girls want their mothers to support them, provide free child care, and look the other way while they're doing the mattress tango. They want to be teenage mothers, with an ersatz "husband" and a cute baby,  and they want to be normal teenagers, go to high school, do activities, go to parties, and date. Wrong. You made your choice. You don't get both. And you certainly don't get both under my roof and expect me to pick up your slack. If dad wants to come over and help out, be involved in the baby's life, have at it. But go home to your own parents. Every day.    

• Love 10
22 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

Lexus' mom seems to be a survivor.  And strong.  For some reason, I really like her.

I think she's been through a lot, but is lax with her parenting of Lexus, who seems to run wild & take advantage of her.

• Love 6
On 8/13/2018 at 8:35 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Okay, I watched this last night with my 19 yr old son in the background, packing for college.  It opened up some interesting dialogue between us, that's for sure!!!  Max:  "I ejaculated inside of her."  Really?  Tell me more, Obi-Wan, I had no idea that is how a baby is made.  You are my only hope to learn about pregnancy.  SHUT UP DEAD EYES MAX.  A baby does not need an agenda, let alone YOUR stupid agenda about recreating the "perfect" family.  You were not Oliver twist out on the streets in late 1800's London begging for gruel.  You had a DAD to take care of you, jackass.  I get the very strong feeling his girlfriend/incubator wants to place that baby for adoption as she actually had some plans, some dreams, none of them included looking into his dead cold eyes.  Her parents want him GONE, yesterday.  When the mom was like, "I come home from work and I see his car there I get a pit in my stomach" I yelled at the TV: "TELL HIM TO LEAVE!!!" Like I need another body in my house, answering questions that I ask my own daughter.  That was really creepy, like really creepy. It is uber controlling.

Diego - I have nothing to say about him, all of it has been said, especially @Ijustwantsomechips:  calling him dick lint.   That is actually too nice a word really.  Per the shower:  No, he probably did not want to be there, I was not into showers when I was pregnant myself, lol, but ya know what Max?  You take a few hours out your day, put down your stupid phone, smile and say thank you for people that took time to shop for you and come to the party.  It is not that hard, really.  And Diego, ya know what else?  You are lucky you got out of that party with out black eyes and a bloody lip, cause I am sure there were many people who wanted to beat you like a motherf*&er at the end of the party.  

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 10

Kelsey annoys me. I know Lexus is a whiny, little brat....but how do you think she got that way? I could not STAND watching Kelsey teach her daughter to drive. Honey, spring for driver's ed, because you ain't doing shit. She crosses her arms in a huff and complains, "wrong, wrong. this is all wrong." But not once does she instruct Lexus on what exactly she should be doing. You don't learn to drive through osmosis. You need to be TAUGHT. 

Ugh. Also, did Kelsey get a boob job? 

I think Diego is hyper aware of the cameras and plays up to them. Even when he's being a jerk, he thinks it's cute. He refuses to talk about "what-ifs" - i.e. make a solid plan about what to do when Emilee goes into labor. But he brushes it off as "sarcastic". No, boy. You are an ass. And then a few scenes later he's being all fake romantic and trying to be the clown at the skating rink. Dial it back a notch, there, prima donna. 

The new kids - another pack of morons. Do any of these parents TALK to their kids??? I mean, other than to say - "Don't have sex"? Laura and Tylor used protection at first, but then stopped because - and I quote - "we didn't get why we needed to pay for it." Ummmmm....so you don't end up paying for a BABY? Babies are a lot more expensive than a pack of condoms. 

I felt badly for her little sister. Not only did her sister ditch her for her boyfriend, but now she's getting induced on her birthday. I wouldn't be surprised if she got herself knocked up as well, to bring some attention back around her way. 

I'm usually one that defends McKayla, but even *I* thought she was being super bratty this week. I just couldn't believe she had the gal to demand people help her pack. More specifically - it was WHOM she asking to help. First all, her Grandpa already feels sad about her leaving. Now he has to wade through her messy room and help her do it??? It would be one thing if she were getting her own place, but no. She's just going to camp out with her mom, leaving the people who raised her her entire life. That would sting. 

Then she insists Calen come help as well. Really? REALLY? Caelen has been living with her at her grandparents. He's been seeing his son every day and, ostensibly, helping out. Now she's going to pack up herself and the baby and go live somewhere that HE is not allowed. And he's supposed to help her do it? That is fucked. 

Of course, Caelen could go get them their own place. Problem solved. But I still feel bad for him. It very much looks like McKayla is choosing her grifter mom over everybody damn else - everybody that's  been there for her when her POS mom wasn't. Caelen did get pretty nasty, in the way he was talking to McKayla, but I could understand his hurt. 

• Love 15

Right with you on Caelen (god, these names!). McKayla's behavior was terrible. All of these girls seem to think that boy being "someone I can depend on" means yelling "how high" when she says "jump". "My grandma says watch your language"?? Please. Caelen is no prize but compared to the rest of the crop of losers on this show he's Superman.

Lexus is on a one way road to her own undoing and Kelsey might as well just get out of the way. She is determined to stick with the Pimply Prince and nothing will deter her.

And yes, that driving lesson was cringeworthy.

I can't with these smirking, simpering idiots. For real.

• Love 9

I must be in the minority because I think Caelan is a controlling, arrogant jerk. His bitchy mom has him thinking he’s special, and it shows in the way he treats McKayla.  He’s rude, nasty and condescending, and has been from day one.  Last season, the grandparents said he couldn’t sleep over, but McKayla said he could. So what does he do? Go against their rules like McKayla is running the show.  And he’s barely worked this entire time.  

And I don’t care what kind of person Shannon is or isn’t, that’s still McKayla’s mom and Timmy’s grandmother.  I’ve never seen any guy talk about his girlfriend’s mom that way and turn out to be an upstanding guy.  Parents are off limits. Period.  That’s very disrespectful and inconsiderate of McKayla’s feelings.  Especially since Shelly is an asshole too.  He is not in a position to talk about anyone’s mom, and McKayla had some less than stellar things to say about Shelly on YouTube.  

I think Kelsey is just frustrated with Lexus, and I don’t blame her.  She should be focused on Scarlett, school, work, and driving, not Shayden.  I guess Kelsey saw this as another thing Lexus didn’t follow through on.  Lexus needs to get it together. 

Laura and Tylor are the typical clueless, smug teenage parents to be.  That type is usually the first to cry after shit gets real.  Her parents still look like they’re in shock.  

Meanwhile, Emily, or however you spell her name, is still needy, and Diego is still a jerk.   I like Emily’s mom though. She brooks no foolishness where Diego is concerned.

I’m also glad there was no Chloe and Max this week.  

• Love 2

Who was the one who said "what happens if I go into labor while you're at school?". Little girl's been watching too much TV. One labor pain and then the baby's there half an hour later. Honey. Your snaggletoothed, vapid prince will have time to finish his day at school, do his shift at Taco Bell, go home and shower and make it to the hospital in plenty of time. And 5 will get you 10 that what you'll call "going into labor" is a false alarm.

Who's being induced? What's with all these inductions? I would not willingly have Pitocin pumped into my body unless it was absolutely necessary.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Who was the one who said "what happens if I go into labor while you're at school?". Little girl's been watching too much TV. One labor pain and then the baby's there half an hour later. Honey. Your snaggletoothed, vapid prince will have time to finish his day at school, do his shift at Taco Bell, go home and shower and make it to the hospital in plenty of time. And 5 will get you 10 that what you'll call "going into labor" is a false alarm.

Who's being induced? What's with all these inductions? I would not willingly have Pitocin pumped into my body unless it was absolutely necessary.

Emilee was the one worrying about Diego - what would he do if she went into labor during school. 

Generally I agree with you, but teenagers seem to have a tendency to have super fast labors. Not always, but I've seen it a lot on these shows. I think she just wanted general confirmation that he would be there for her, and he can't even give her that. 

Laura is being induced. I do agree that there are too many inductions these days. Labor will go smoother if you allow it to happen naturally. I notice a lot of OBs try to schedule inductions because they don't want to be called in the middle of the night. Laura did mention she had some sort of complication, though. I'd never heard of it before and forgot to write it down. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

Choleostasis is what she said.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrahepatic_cholestasis_of_pregnancy  From the information in the wikipedia article, it does sound like induction is a safer choice than waiting for this case.

Thank you! Now that I read about it, I think that's what an old co-worker of mine had. And they ended up delivering early as well. I hope all goes smoothly for Emilee's delivery. 

• Love 1