Type keyword(s) to search

Something Unexpected: Seasons 1 and 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

My early predictions are, Diego will be gone by the time the kid is crawling and Max will be peeking in that family's windows for the rest of his life.  They'll never get rid of him. 

Chloe was annoying with her "I can't believe this happened to me" after saying they didn't use any protection at all. Someone should have been talking to you about these things.   WHY do these parents not talk about sex and safety with their kids?!  It's ridiculous.  One of the moms said she should have had "the talk" with her kid, it should never be just be "a" talk, it should be an ongoing dialogue for the kids entire lives.  I don't understand these parents, then they seem so shocked when the kids get pregnant. 

Had Shayden's skin gotten worse since last season?  He's a very unfortunate looking little punk.  It's just a matter of time before Lexus is back with him, did she isn't already.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 14

Shayden has a major case of Meth Face.  I'm from two towns over from Monticello, IN.  I know Meth Face when I see it.  He's your stereotypical White  Trash Male who will be in and out of jail his entire life until he dies from some unfortunate hunting accident.

Lexus is so trashy.  When on earth does she have time to raise that tiny little baby, when she has time for the pole AND the hole?  Nice bangs, skank.

I can't believe that little bitch would take Baby Tim away from Grandpa Tim.  Shannon is a total waste of space and no doubt will use her daughter in any way she can.  Where is Lillian's father?  How sure are we that Shannon is totally clean?  Where was Caylan?

Cheerleader is a stupid little skank who knew damn good and well that failing to use birth control could result in a Diego, Jr.  He seems like a real winner.  I wonder how many times he will see his child before he ghosts Mother and Child completely.

How many of these young girls think that they are keeping their slack-jawed boyfriends by letting him Go Raw?

Edited by bethster2000
  • Love 11

Mikalya is such a selfish little witch. I cannot believe she is doing this to her grandparents after everything they have done for her. It would be one thing if her and her boyfriend were moving into their own place to be a family and make it on their own. But to do it with her mother is a slap in the face. Her and grandma Cindy seem to be such enablers of Shannon. Even last year at the reunion she walked off the stage when people were saying the truth about Shannon. Shannon is a user and it seems like grandpa Tim is the only one who sees the truth about her. Shannon let her parents do the hard work of raising her kids for her, now she wants to come in and be the fun mom and get her daughter to pay half her bills. 

• Love 21

I'm not even 10 minutes into this show & I just CANNOT. I had to come snark here to be able to continue the episode. 

Have only seen Chloe & Max's first segment. They are both mind-blowingly stupid. Also, superficial alert, but her Mom just has such an odd look to me, it's hard to get over it.

I also found it strange when he was talking about sleeping over at her house ... she seemed to put up this front of, "Ugh, you can't sleep here, it's a weeknight, my Mom will never let you!" At the same time, it was clear she was enjoying how much he was angling to sleep over & wanted to encourage that. Annoying.

Some of my favorites:

Chloe: "We weren't safe at all having sex, we didn't use any protection. I can't believe I got pregnant. I mean, well, it was bound to happen. We were young and obviously dumb."

I can't even begin to formulate a response to this. Props for being honest about your stupidity. 

Max: "We're going to be millionaires in a few years because we learned to save our pennies having an infant. Other kids our age are getting drunk and getting their schoolwork done." 

Can't stop laughing about this. Too bad I didn't know the key to becoming a millionaire was having a baby in my teens, I really missed the boat on that one.

• LOL 3
  • Love 19

Was the whole thing online? Because that's how I watched it so not sure if I missed anything; didn't seem like it.

Agreed on Mikayla. I think the grands spoiled her rotten because they felt for her due to her mother being a mess. They gave her everything but most likely too much. Did you see the first shots of a professional pregnancy photog shoot they did with her?  Way, waaaaaay too much & she's not a bit thankful for her life the grands gave her & the support she has had.

I felt very bad for Tim. I know they realize eventually she'll leave with the baby, but to leave to share an apt with her messed up mom who has probably shit on all of them for years is a huge slap in the face for him. So sad.

I think Lexus has been allowed to run wild for a long time.  Both she & her mom need an eye makeup intervention.

Shayden does look awful; the meth theory makes sense.

The cheerleader thinks a lot of herself - didn't think it could happen to her, well, because she cheers! She cheers, has tons of friends, etc - no, not her. Well babe you're in the same boat as the rest of them on this show now - no better at all. In fact, her bf is probably second in line as worst of all of them, next to Shayden. And she'll be trying out for college cheering 2m after the baby - who is she gonna dump her kid on so she can go back to her sparkly life? Does she think everything will go back to normal? 

The millionaire hopeful is so arrogant; that will be smacking him in the face someday.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

Shayden has a major case of Meth Face.  I'm from two towns over from Monticello, IN.  I know Meth Face when I see it.  He's your stereotypical White  Trash Male who will be in and out of jail his entire life until he dies from some unfortunate hunting accident.

Perfect description.

How many of these young girls think that they are keeping their slack-jawed boyfriends by letting him Go Raw?

I believe that number would be "all."

1 hour ago, Amanda M. said:

Have only seen Chloe & Max's first segment. They are both mind-blowingly stupid. Also, superficial alert, but her Mom just has such an odd look to me, it's hard to get over it.

She is very very odd looking.  And her daughter has a severe underbite that makes her look odd, but mainly from the side.  

But something in the episode that stood out to me was the one mother (can't remember which one--maybe one of the new ones?) who was so insistent that she'd never told her daughter she was disappointed in her.  Who wouldn't be disappointed that her daughter gets pregnant while still in high school?  It's not a death sentence or anything, but by any measure it's not a good thing.  So "disappointed" would be a perfectly acceptable reaction, and I wonder if her unwillingness to be thought of as being disappointed in her daughter might be one cause of why they're in this situation today.

As for McKayla...I guess it's a good thing that there can be a rapprochement between her and Shannon, but a mother and daughter bonding over having babies at the same time just seems weird to me.  And Shannon is going to charge her rent to live with her?  Is Caelan going to live with them, and does he have a job that will provide money for the rent, food, car, baby supplies, and running-around money for the two of them (plus saving--oh, I kid)?  Or is Grandpa Tim expected to continue to give McKayla an allowance?  So Shannon not only doesn't have to support her daughter, and actually gets to make money off her?  Talk about weird.

But what's Grandpa Tim supposed to do?  He has custody of McKayla, but woe betide him if he tells her she can't move in with her mother.  At least he can cut her off financially, I would hope.  Which would piss McKayla off, no doubt.  And Shannon.

What a mess.  Everybody's being held hostage, for the rest of their lives, by this product of two teenagers' stupidity. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But something in the episode that stood out to me was the one mother (can't remember which one--maybe one of the new ones?) who was so insistent that she'd never told her daughter she was disappointed in her.  Who wouldn't be disappointed that her daughter gets pregnant while still in high school?  It's not a death sentence or anything, but by any measure it's not a good thing.  So "disappointed" would be a perfectly acceptable reaction, and I wonder if her unwillingness to be thought of as being disappointed in her daughter might be one cause of why they're in this situation today.

I recall that scene & the daughter said her mom did say she was disappointed in her at some time (maybe not with regard to the pregnancy, but I don't know). Whatever she may or may not have said, her daughter has at the very least seemed to pick up a 'disappointed vibe' from her mom at some point.

And yes it's okay to be disappointed in their behavior; maybe she should've been more straight up about it. Also, it's lovely to be very close to one's kids but she said her daughter was her 'best friend', & while she's still a kid that's an issue.

And Shannon is going to charge her rent to live with her? 

Shannon doesn't seem to be married so where the hell is her baby daddy?  Yeah she's grown up a lot making good decisions now... right; geesh. They can share their next pregnancy experience together as well, each with a new guy most likely.

At least he can cut her off financially, I would hope.  Which would piss McKayla off, no doubt.  And Shannon.

He definitely should if she moves out or he'll end up paying the rent & other expenses for both of them.

• Love 9
On 8/4/2018 at 11:44 AM, configdotsys said:

I'm sorry but there is a certain amount of satisfaction that I get from seeing these teens all giddy and saying how everything is going to be easy and fine like they know it all and then they

I said the same thing last nite when I rewatched with my niece. What annoying little know-it-alls they are.  Like how are you an expert at life when you’ve barely been alive?  

Emily was being super needy about the hospital bag.  As a woman more than twice their age, I can’t imagine my husband wanting to watch me pack nursing bras and maxi pads in a duffle bag.  It amazes me how these teens on this and other teen pregnancy shows think they’re going to have the June Clever ideal family and life at 16 when they’re knocked up by total d-bags.  Babies do not a man or family make.    

And for Emily to say “things like that” don’t happen to her confirms my suspicion that she was the mean girl cheerleader who probably looked down on the fat, ugly, nerdy, unpopular and/or promiscuous girls at school.  Now she's got to eat humble pie.    And she’s going back to cheering? Same thing happened to Farah Abraham.  Didn’t work out for her either. 

Diego is an asshat, and rude, twerpy one at that.  He’s definitely going to bail.

Chloe and Max...where to start?  Max is a controlling little bastard isn't he. When he shushed her and said he was still talking I knew she was in trouble. He’s a Shayden 2.0.  I see why her mom doesn’t like him.  She’s married to real man and the difference is mind blowing.

McKayla is manipulative as hell.  Calean is a jerk from what I’ve read and seen on celebrity gosspi sites. I never liked him or his wart-faced mom.  They’re both arrogant asses. 

Lexus is an over-indulged brat who craves attention.  She should focus a lot less on dating and more on motherhood.  Does she think she would do anything besides sit at home with an infant?  She’s  wey immature.  Kelsey seems somewhat sensible, but she probably wasn’t strict enough.  Then again, some kids are just wayward no matter.  At least she has Scarlett’s best interests at heart.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

As for McKayla...I guess it's a good thing that there can be a rapprochement between her and Shannon, but a mother and daughter bonding over having babies at the same time just seems weird to me.  And Shannon is going to charge her rent to live with her?  Is Caelan going to live with them, and does he have a job that will provide money for the rent, food, car, baby supplies, and running-around money for the two of them (plus saving--oh, I kid)?  Or is Grandpa Tim expected to continue to give McKayla an allowance?  So Shannon not only doesn't have to support her daughter, and actually gets to make money off her?  Talk about weird.

But what's Grandpa Tim supposed to do?  He has custody of McKayla, but woe betide him if he tells her she can't move in with her mother.  At least he can cut her off financially, I would hope.  Which would piss McKayla off, no doubt.  And Shannon.

What a mess.  Everybody's being held hostage, for the rest of their lives, by this product of two teenagers' stupidity. 

This seems set up to not only screw the grandparents of their grandchild, but to extract cash from them when they are "struggling" and can't pay the rent because they will cave. Both Mikayla and Shannon know it because what grandparents would not help if their grandchild's living situation was put at risk.  They have already shown themselves to be pushovers and enablers with Mikayla so they will allow her to shit all over them, move out and then will run to the rescue when she needs something.

Shannon is trash. She's a user and has expressed that she thought that getting herself clean-- aka doing the right thing-- would garner her accolades and was pretty upset that Mikayla got them all. I agree that trying to establish a relationship with a parent who lost their way could be a good thing for some, but this has bogus written all over it. Shannon comes across as a needy, whiner who craves attention. Having Mikayla move in with her guarantees her TV time. That's what it's about for her. 

• Love 18

Diego has got to be one of  stupidest people to ever walk the earth. Humans sure as heck didn’t need him to reproduce and keep  his idiocy in the gene pool.

Grandpa Tim will never cut Michaela off financially for one reason: baby Tim.  He knows darn well that if he does, the baby might suffer. No grandparent would allow that even if it means they get taken advantage of.

On a superficial note, Michaela looks terrible. I am not sure what’s going on with her hairline and she just has a very odd look this season. And don’t even get me started about Lexus’ make up; it’s beyond awful.

• Love 9

Lexus has gone past the cat eye to the full on Cleopatra. It's bizarre. Her bangs also need to be shorter and/or fuller. 

I also agree with not seeing the point of him coming over to watch her put her hospital bag together. This is not a thing that needs to be a big deal and she was making it one. She was coming across as extremely needy and then switched it to "talking about her hospital/birthing plan". Which again, I don't think he needed to come over THAT night for. Are birthing plans a big thing in the US? When I gave birth to my son, I had a general idea of what I would prefer but was willing to be open to anything in order to deliver him safely. 

Did anyone else notice Diego's odd speech pattern? Can't place my finger on it but it was almost choppy/overly loud in random places?

"Saving their pennies while the rest of them are getting drunk and doing their schoolwork".....and graduating high school which lends better odds to going on to get a degree/further education and having a better life. Don't get me wrong, it's not a guarantee but your odds tend to be better when you're not a teenage parent, speaking as a child of a teenage parent who beat the odds.  I was amused at Chloe saying to him that he makes it sound like the only people who are millionaires were teenage parents. 

Mikayla is an ungrateful enititled bitch. Moving in with her self absorbed, questionable decision making mother is probably the stupidest decision she's made so far. Agree with all those who posted previously that she knows(as does her mom) that her grandparents will continue to support her (and in turn her mom) to keep Tim safe. I hope it implodes horribly in her smug face and she has to come crawling back to her grandparents for help/place to live. Humble her a little. 

• Love 12

Birthing plans aren't a bad thing. They can give preferences but they should also be reasonable in staying open & flexible reg. whatever could happen.

I have no idea what she sees in Diego. She's a cheerleader for crap's sake, not prone to teen pregnancy!  But apparently she couldn't find a bf who doesn't treat her like total crap.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

Diego has got to be one of  stupidest people to ever walk the earth. Humans sure as heck didn’t need him to reproduce and keep  his idiocy in the gene pool.

He and many others for certain.  What makes me sad about these shows is that intentional fatherhood, in my opinion, could cure many of societies ills.  You don't have to be married to the mom (although that helps) you don't even have to live in the same town, the same state or even the same time zone.  You just have be THERE, present even when you geographically can't be present.

How many of these girls grew up with no dad?  Lather rinse repeat.

I have had dads (I am the SPED teacher) who will say "Yes we are on speaker phone as I live in California, but when my sons acts a fool, CALL ME."  And I do.  Sonny straightens up.  (I am in MN)  So now these poor babies are stuck in the same pattern, the same pitfalls, etc......it is just so hopeless.  You wanna screw up your life?  Go ahead.  Just leave a baby out of it.

• Love 9

Mikayla moving in with Shannon is probably a producer- (or participant-) inspired plot so she could stay on the show. I'm a cynic and I watch way too much reality tv.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Mikayla moving in with Shannon is probably a producer- (or participant-) inspired plot so she could stay on the show. I'm a cynic and I watch way too much reality tv.

I was hoping that but Tim's tears seemed too real.  Anything on SM about this?

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Does anyone around here work besides Tim ?!?! For crying out loud, where do these stupid girls and their idiot boyfriends think all this $ is coming from ?!? McKayla is a dingbat and I hate when she plays these dumb tricks on Tim & his wife, like saying she may be  pg again. Didn't she do that last season with the price of the prom dress. I need a hobby.

Shannon is the biggest loser who ever live, for many reasons and I doubt I will change my mind about her this season. Didn't she have at least 1 or 2 other kids besides this new baby ?

Does Lexus work or is she a SAHD/M? She and her mom with the crazy eyelashes should take makeup lessons from Mckayla. 

The stupid needy girl who wanted her bf to help pack the hospital bag. What ? Why ? Can you not do anything by yourself  ? But, in her defense, I absolutely hate when people hang up on me. I have a brother who used to do this, years ago, and it is so childish. That alone would make me kick him to the curb. He reminds me of the original Karate Kid, tall, thin, awkward. 

• Love 9

McKayla never got to bond with her mother when she was young, thanks to Shannon's irresponsibility.  McK is desperate for her love and will kick everyone to the curb in order to spend time with Shannon and get her approval. Sad.  The grandparents -- especially Grandma - is a Shannon Enabler so there is no good guidance from that front where Shannon is concerned.  McK is still quite young and I give her a lot of slack while she tries to make Adult decisions with a world of petty, selfish people around her.  

The gal who wanted her BF to come watch her pack her bag...only wanted Some Attention From Him and he was having none of that.  She used the bag as an excuse to bring them together, but he saw right through it, plus he had no interest in going over.  She's got a long haul in front of her, she should play hard to get for a minute and he may get interested.  

The level of Controlling BF's is so sad.  Little losers who can't control themselves and force control over young girls.  The boy shushing the GF was too much.  Hope she finds some spirit to stand up for herself.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Pollo Loco said:

She was coming across as extremely needy and then switched it to "talking about her hospital/birthing plan". Which again, I don't think he needed to come over THAT night for. Are birthing plans a big thing in the US? When I gave birth to my son, I had a general idea of what I would prefer but was willing to be open to anything in order to deliver him safely. 

I was 38 and had been married for 6 years when I had my first kid and my very involved, very smart and loving husband couldn’t have cared less about my hospital bag or my birthing plan. This is the first episode I watched and that cheerleader was just so painfully insecure, not that that’s surprising for a 16 year old. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, jennyf said:

I was 38 and had been married for 6 years when I had my first kid and my very involved, very smart and loving husband couldn’t have cared less about my hospital bag or my birthing plan. This is the first episode I watched and that cheerleader was just so painfully insecure, not that that’s surprising for a 16 year old. 

Emiley, the cheerleader, was labeled and said she was 18.  Not that it affects her maturity level much as evidenced by her ridiculous declaration that she needed to get ready for trying out for a college cheer team when she asked the doctor how soon after birth could she begin working out.  No mention of where the baby would be doing tryouts or who would care for the baby while she was on the cheer team.

Lexus has all the classic symptoms of an abused woman.  It was sad to hear her, at only 16, talk about how it was all her fault for how Shayden behaved and that maybe if she hadn't done all the things she had done, he wouldn't have acted like that and would still be around.  She needs some serious counseling because she just makes excuses for Shayden and blames herself.  On the other hand, she's a complete brat with her mother who is doing everything for her.

One thing I will say about Chloe is that, although just as dumb as the rest, she was keeping it real about how she came to be pregnant.  She wasn't letting Max just skim over the details.  She readily admitted that she only had sex with him so he wouldn't leave her.  However, she doesn't seem to get how sad that is.  I like that her parents aren't just letting them play house in their home either.  I HATE when the parents do that.  Yeah, you can't go back and undo what's been done, but you don't have to let them shack up in your house if you don't want them to either.  They put their put down when it comes to Max staying there.  They do have another child to take into consideration,  so that may be why.  Lexus's mother needs to do more of that with her.  

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Amanda M. said:

Max: "We're going to be millionaires in a few years because we learned to save our pennies having an infant. Other kids our age are getting drunk and getting their schoolwork done." 

Can't stop laughing about this. Too bad I didn't know the key to becoming a millionaire was having a baby in my teens, I really missed the boat on that one.

The fact that being teen parents is apparently a requirement to become wealthy is the most glorious, confusing part. Still, I feel kind of bad for the kid. He's dumb, but he just wants a family. He was sweet when he was talking to the baby through Chloe's belly.

Oh Lexus. Her bangs look pokey. Still, I liked how confident and nonchalant she was about her bisexuality. But a baby daddy in jail and an abusive girlfriend on the side...yikes. She needs to stay single awhile, but from the sound of it she's already writing prison love letters to Shayden.

Mikayla is just desperate for her mom's approval. Between raising infants simultaneously, shared lack of impulse control, and the scheme to go halfsies on rent for a shitty apartment despite neither having any concept of finances, it's clearly an older/younger sister dynamic as opposed to mother/daughter. Both she and her mom are on a petulant teen rebellion kick. She'll be back before the first rent check is due.

And maybe I'm just a pearl clutcher, but I'm cringing at calling minors skanks and bitches. They're 16 and bratty and have made unfortunate sexual choices. They're still children.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

The fact that being teen parents is apparently a requirement to become wealthy is the most glorious, confusing part. Still, I feel kind of bad for the kid. He's dumb, but he just wants a family. He was sweet when he was talking to the baby through Chloe's belly.

It's nice that he does want a family, but I do hope they both get to finish their educations for a better head start; he needs to see it as best for the baby too.

8 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Mikayla is just desperate for her mom's approval. Between raising infants simultaneously, shared lack of impulse control, and the scheme to go halfsies on rent for a shitty apartment despite neither having any concept of finances, it's clearly an older/younger sister dynamic as opposed to mother/daughter. Both she and her mom are on a petulant teen rebellion kick. She'll be back before the first rent check is due.

I still wonder if this is all just for the show & paycheck. I also doubt it will last, especially with Shannon expecting any financial help from her daughter. I think Mikayla wants a mom/daughter relationship, but Shannon probably just wants a roommate to help with the rent (or the show's check). 

They shouldn't get anymore screen time. One round on this show is more than enough for any of them.

• Love 8

What was up with Emiley’s (that spelling kills me) doctor telling her she could start working out two weeks after delivery? When you’re a teen mom, do you need less recovery time than the standard six weeks? And why didn’t he caveat that with a warning there could be complications? Also when her mom asked about standard weight gain, he said 32-33lbs. That is much more specific than the 25-35lbs that real doctors talk about. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

Does anyone around here work besides Tim ?!?! For crying out loud, where do these stupid girls and their idiot boyfriends think all this $ is coming from ?!? McKayla is a dingbat and I hate when she plays these dumb tricks on Tim & his wife, like saying she may be  pg again. Didn't she do that last season with the price of the prom dress. I need a hobby.

Shannon is the biggest loser who ever live, for many reasons and I doubt I will change my mind about her this season. Didn't she have at least 1 or 2 other kids besides this new baby ?

Does Lexus work or is she a SAHD/M? She and her mom with the crazy eyelashes should take makeup lessons from Mckayla. 

The stupid needy girl who wanted her bf to help pack the hospital bag. What ? Why ? Can you not do anything by yourself  ? But, in her defense, I absolutely hate when people hang up on me. I have a brother who used to do this, years ago, and it is so childish. That alone would make me kick him to the curb. He reminds me of the original Karate Kid, tall, thin, awkward. 

Come sit next to me. I thought that was tacky AF. Way worse than the “prank” she tried to pull last season when she kept professing to her grandparents that Caelan was going to spend the night, when in actuality, he knew he was going home because it wasn’t going to fly.  

When McKayla said she needs to be taking care of her son on her own, without the constant help from her grandparents, and that’s why she was moving in with Shannon, I thought it was a load of crap. Who wouldn’t want help with an infant? She wants “to have her mom back”, which I understand, but she doesn’t realize that Shannon is only in it for the screen time. That’s what she gets for “pulling pranks” on her poor grandfather! 

Any bets on how long she lasts living with Shannon before she ends up moving in with her grandparents again?

@Mrs. Hanson, my teaching sister from another mister! Military dads are the best ones to call when their kid(s) act a fool! Shout out to military women too, but the reality is if you have something that needs sorting, contacting a father in the military is the best way to get students to smarten up.

I live really close to Camp Pendleton and military parents are dream parents. I had a mom tell me once on Back to School night, “If you ever need to pick up the phone and call __________’s step father at work, and he has to stop and talk the you about _________’s inability to act right when he should be busy training Marines to defend this country and train for deployments, you call when you need to.” I loved her. 

I never had to call home for that student, but I made sure to call plenty of military dads at work for other students. For those who don’t know, when you call Camp Pendleton, you don’t reach Person A’s desk. Your call is routed through servers, you’re patched through to different service men and women to get to the right field house/area to reach the parent, and by the time dad picks up, their CO (Commanding Officer) already knows I’m calling about Johnny being a jackass.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, jennyf said:

I was 38 and had been married for 6 years when I had my first kid and my very involved, very smart and loving husband couldn’t have cared less about my hospital bag or my birthing plan.

I was 32 and 34 when I had my kids, married, and my birthing plan was "GET IT OUT!"  My suitcase was....well a suitcase.  Like who the hell cares what is in it?

39 minutes ago, Bridget said:

I never had to call home for that student, but I made sure to call plenty of military dads at work for other students. For those who don’t know, when you call Camp Pendleton, you don’t reach Person A’s desk. Your call is routed through servers, you’re patched through to different service men and women to get to the right field house/area to reach the parent, and by the time dad picks up, their CO (Commanding Officer) already knows I’m calling about Johnny being a jackass.

LOVE IT!  And military dads and moms DO NOT PLAY when it comes to "conduct unbecoming a gentleman" so they have high expectations of their kids at school.  

3 hours ago, jennyf said:

When you’re a teen mom, do you need less recovery time than the standard six weeks?

I am here to tell you I am on the standard 2,456 weeks to recover before you hit the gym.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, PityFree said:

Your comment made me think of this:

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, jennyf said:

Also when her mom asked about standard weight gain, he said 32-33lbs. That is much more specific than the 25-35lbs that real doctors talk about. 

I forgot about this dr's crazy answer. Why give an answer with a range of 1 lb ? 25-35 is what I always heard, too.

• Love 1
On 8/6/2018 at 2:22 AM, Maharincess said:

Had Shayden's skin gotten worse since last season?  He's a very unfortunate looking little punk.  It's just a matter of time before Lexus is back with him, did she isn't already.

Shayden is just completely unfortunate, inside and out. There is just not one thing about him that's attractive. And yes, I bet Lexus is back with him too. She'll be bundling up that baby and taking her to visit daddy in the state pen soon enough. And she'll find it romantic in her dumbass teenage girl way.

On 8/6/2018 at 3:02 AM, bethster2000 said:

Lexus is so trashy.  When on earth does she have time to raise that tiny little baby, when she has time for the pole AND the hole?  Nice bangs, skank.

I can't believe that little bitch would take Baby Tim away from Grandpa Tim.  Shannon is a total waste of space and no doubt will use her daughter in any way she can.  Where is Lillian's father?  How sure are we that Shannon is totally clean?  Where was Caylan?

Cheerleader is a stupid little skank who knew damn good and well that failing to use birth control could result in a Diego, Jr.  He seems like a real winner.  I wonder how many times he will see his child before he ghosts Mother and Child completely.

I concur with every word of this post. Mckayla is not a very nice person, and was very unkind to her grandpa. Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, she's as selfish and tone deaf and unkind as her mother.

I wonder at the quality of the young men in the Great Heartland if these girls are so desperate to hang on to them. Are these whiny entitled self important little pricks prizes? Sheesh.

21 hours ago, Pollo Loco said:

I also agree with not seeing the point of him coming over to watch her put her hospital bag together. This is not a thing that needs to be a big deal and she was making it one. She was coming across as extremely needy and then switched it to "talking about her hospital/birthing plan". Which again, I don't think he needed to come over THAT night for. Are birthing plans a big thing in the US? When I gave birth to my son, I had a general idea of what I would prefer but was willing to be open to anything in order to deliver him safely. 

My eyes rolled so far back in my head I saw my own brain. Which was rapidly melting after watching these stupid people. "I need you here" to hand her the booties and that bed jacket everyone gets as a shower gift and never wears again? And hey, you have him on the phone right now! Talk about your birth plan! You're not splitting the atom here.

17 hours ago, KBrownie said:

One thing I will say about Chloe is that, although just as dumb as the rest, she was keeping it real about how she came to be pregnant.  She wasn't letting Max just skim over the details.  She readily admitted that she only had sex with him so he wouldn't leave her.  However, she doesn't seem to get how sad that is.  I like that her parents aren't just letting them play house in their home either.  I HATE when the parents do that.  Yeah, you can't go back and undo what's been done, but you don't have to let them shack up in your house if you don't want them to either.  They put their put down when it comes to Max staying there.  They do have another child to take into consideration,  so that may be why.  Lexus's mother needs to do more of that with her.  

To save my life I do not understand why parents on these shows let their teenage children play house under their roofs! I would have made my opinion of this very clear had my son been stupid enough to impregnate a girl in high school. (Never mind that if I had a daughter and if she was stupid enough to get knocked up in high school I would have placed her in the car and taken her directly to Planned Parenthood.) These kids are still minors!

13 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Oh, that kid will have fathered at least two other children, and be looking for love in the Philippines or Ukraine or Colombia in 20 years, because American women are too "opinionated" and he wants someone who "values family". We'll see him on 90 Day Fiance for sure.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

So I went back and watched S1E1, and I realize that Shayden is utter trash (couldn't remember why when I watched the premier, and wanted to explain to my mom), but Lexus is gonna be stuck like chuck. She snuck out of the house in the middle of the night to lose her virginity to him. For whatever reason, she's set her sights on him. 

Scarlett is adorable, and I feel for Lexus's mom, having to parent her grandchild when she was thinking about having more kids herself. 

McKayla is spoiled and entitled, but she's also young and gullible. She wants a relationship with her mom that she never had, and Shannon is playing on that. Let's be real - Shannon cannot afford to live by herself, and by bringing McKayla and baby Tim into her house, she also gets access to her parents' money. They seem to be the only ones working anyway. 

Edited by Ivylady
  • Love 9
On 8/6/2018 at 1:31 PM, Maharincess said:

Regarding the odd look of Chloe's mom, to me it looks like Chloe stole her mom's chin and is using it herself.  The mom has no chin while Chloe has the biggest chin I've seen outside of Leno. 

You win the Internet with this description! So accurate! 

On 8/6/2018 at 2:48 PM, PityFree said:

On a superficial note, Michaela looks terrible. I am not sure what’s going on with her hairline and she just has a very odd look this season. And don’t even get me started about Lexus’ make up; it’s beyond awful.

YES! She looks like she's attempting to appear much more grown up & sophisticated ... the difference was really noticeable when they did the flashbacks to last season. I think she looks better without whatever her new hair/make-up routine is. In the clips for the upcoming season, when she's across a table from Caelan & telling him to look at her, she just looks like she's trying WAY too hard to appear older than she is.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Bridget said:

@Mrs. Hanson, my teaching sister from another mister!

@Bridget, can I join the teaching sister party?! LOL I teach 2nd grade ... I loved your description of calling military parents! It always entertains me (and makes me cringe) to think of the teens on this show in school & what their teachers have had to deal with. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Amanda M. said:

@Bridget, can I join the teaching sister party?! LOL I teach 2nd grade ... I loved your description of calling military parents! It always entertains me (and makes me cringe) to think of the teens on this show in school & what their teachers have had to deal with. 

Come sit with us!

I taught middle school and now teach high school, so I have an even lower tolerance for stupidity, yet I still watch shows like this! 

• Love 3

Oy, these kids are as stupid as fuck. That girl who was asking the boyfriend to come over to help her with her hospital bag needs to just put him in her past already because there is no fucking way his 16-year-old ass is ready to be a baby daddy. He's still a baby himself. Would love to see what his parents said when he came home still in 10th grade to say that he'd knocked up that dozy cow. 

The girl with the future millionaire baby daddy has the opposite problem and is stuck with a stage five clinger. I feel sorry for the poor boy because he's delusional and also desperate fr a family. 

I think Lexus is still at school. In one of the scenes she had a book when leaving the house with her mum and the baby. Shaydon's skin. OMG. He needs some Proactiv STAT! 

Agree with the theory that McKayla's mum is totally using her and that she's just desperate to have a relationship with her trashy mother.

• Love 12

When he shushed her and said he was still talking I knew she was in trouble.

I practically screamed. He's in charge of everything! She better not have a contraction he didn't authorize. That's maybe the saddest case on this sad-case showcase...he never had a family, so he wants one...but he never had a family, so he has zero clue how to relate to other people. The cops are going to be called in that family. Many, many times.

Lexus has all the classic symptoms of an abused woman.  It was sad to hear her, at only 16, talk about how it was all her fault for how Shayden behaved and that maybe if she hadn't done all the things she had done, he wouldn't have acted like that and would still be around. 

So true.

I have lost sympathy for everyone on the show except Grandpa Tim. I was so on McKayla's side during season 1, and she's pissing away all my good will. Needless to say, I will keep watching and snarking.

there is a certain amount of satisfaction that I get from seeing these teens all giddy and saying how everything is going to be easy and fine like they know it all and then they are bawling crying because everything is so hard

This is how I explain my obsession with 16 & Pregnant and its progeny: this is Shakespearean tragedy. This is Macbeth. The tragic flaw must bring the hero down. Once Macbeth has visited the witches to satisfy his ambition, once Lear has dismissed Cordelia, once Othello entertains the thought of Desdemona cheating, every following domino must fall, and there is immense satisfaction in watching it all burn down as it must. The inevitable remains compelling story after story, when we know that they will die in the end. It's the Greeks, it's Noh, it's in every theatrical tradition.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

This is how I explain my obsession with 16 & Pregnant and its progeny: this is Shakespearean tragedy. This is Macbeth. The tragic flaw must bring the hero down. Once Macbeth has visited the witches to satisfy his ambition, once Lear has dismissed Cordelia, once Othello entertains the thought of Desdemona cheating, every following domino must fall, and there is immense satisfaction in watching it all burn down as it must. The inevitable remains compelling story after story, when we know that they will die in the end. It's the Greeks, it's Noh, it's in every theatrical tradition.

That is just a damn fine post, IvySpice, and I suddenly feel much better about watching this show.

• Love 4
On 8/7/2018 at 11:22 PM, Ivylady said:

So I went back and watched S1E1, and I realize that Shayden is utter trash (couldn't remember why when I watched the premier, and wanted to explain to my mom), but Lexus is gonna be stuck like chuck. She snuck out of the house in the middle of the night to lose her virginity to him. For whatever reason, she's set her sights on him. 

Scarlett is adorable, and I feel for Lexus's mom, having to parent her grandchild when she was thinking about having more kids herself. 

McKayla is spoiled and entitled, but she's also young and gullible. She wants a relationship with her mom that she never had, and Shannon is playing on that. Let's be real - Shannon cannot afford to live by herself, and by bringing McKayla and baby Tim into her house, she also gets access to her parents' money. They seem to be the only ones working anyway. 

Not to mention that McKayla probably gets public assistance that Shannon can use, too.

• Love 5
On 8/7/2018 at 1:03 AM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

And maybe I'm just a pearl clutcher, but I'm cringing at calling minors skanks and bitches. They're 16 and bratty and have made unfortunate sexual choices. They're still children.

I'm clutching my pearls too then. We can call them dumb, naive, stupid, unaware, unrealistic, inexperienced or many other adjectives, but I agree. They are not skanks, whores, bitches or sluts. They are children who are going to experience some hard times in the future. Raising children is unbelievable rewarding, but so exhausting.

• Love 11
On 8/6/2018 at 9:46 PM, KBrownie said:

Lexus has all the classic symptoms of an abused woman.  It was sad to hear her, at only 16, talk about how it was all her fault for how Shayden behaved and that maybe if she hadn't done all the things she had done, he wouldn't have acted like that and would still be around.  She needs some serious counseling because she just makes excuses for Shayden and blames herself.  On the other hand, she's a complete brat with her mother who is doing everything for her.

One thing I will say about Chloe is that, although just as dumb as the rest, she was keeping it real about how she came to be pregnant.  She wasn't letting Max just skim over the details. 

I too see an abused person in Lexus, I’m new to this series, has Diego shown signs that he’s violent?

Chole- I appreciated her candor, but I don’t understand how the parents of these teens don’t speak to them about Safe sex. No I’m not excusing the teens, none of them have cognitive disabilities and I don’t see any situations where they were raped or coerced (which happens to young girls far too often), but this is 2018, you KNOW penis in vagina can equal a pregnancy!! And if you were a teen parent yourself why would you want your child to have the same experience. 

Hi everyone. 

• Love 7

Who was the couple where she was a cheerleader and he was a football player and she said she might be pregnant and he said he stopped by the drugstore to buy two (count them, TWO) pregnancy tests and she peed on the side of the road to take them?  Did I hear that last part correctly?

I was yelling at the tv:  "You can swing buy to buy pregnancy tests but you can't swing buy to buy condoms???"  She is now upset he won't come over to watch you pack a bag (gotta be honest, I would pass on that dynamic evening, too because she feels, deep down that "he will only want to be a ad when he feels like.  YA THINK??

Oy, and the guy who convinced  - CONVINCED! - this baby girl is gonna "fill a void."   Dude you are such a douche.  Cause that is the reason you have kids - so it is all about you.  Dude, it is SO not about you when the baby comes.

• Love 7

Considering the parents that we've seen on the show, it is clear to me that the kids never stood a chance of growing up to be normal, goal-oriented adults. They were always doomed. Diego's mother isn't even ashamed of her jerk son's behavior and has probably never disciplined him in his life. He'll be an affront to all other humans for the rest of his life.

• Love 22

Shannon is a lazy ass, no wonder she asked her daughter to move in to help her pay her bills since she can not afford to pay rent herself 

1 minute ago, LilaFowler said:

Is Caelyn the loser ever going to get a job? How old is his baby? FFS, it's a real competition for who is the biggest loser teen dad on this show.

He has a job, he works as a truck driver 

• Love 10

Noooo, I do not want Lexus and Shayden back together! 

11 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Is Caelyn the loser ever going to get a job? How old is his baby? FFS, it's a real competition for who is the biggest loser teen dad on this show.

The biggest loser is Chloe’s boyfriend because his face says loser

• Love 3