Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Milk

2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Amma was good friends with Ashley's younger sister and was often at their house.

Yeah, I got that from the Vanity Fair article. But it should have been made clear in the actual show.

Come to think of it - how did Anna's bicycle get in the gross pond at the farm?

10 hours ago, Ravenya003 said:

Yeah, I got that from the Vanity Fair article. But it should have been made clear in the actual show.

Come to think of it - how did Anna's bicycle get in the gross pond at the farm?

It was made clear in the show. I didn't read the book or any articles and I knew that. The characters mentioned it a couple of times.

I think the problem might have been that Adora looked like such a good suspect that people never paid attention to anyone else.

To me, the bicycle ended up in the pond because Adora ordered her employee to put it there and "find it" so that the police would have more evidence against John.  She knew all the particulars of the case because the sheriff kept her informed. The last conversation she had with the sheriff before the bike was found was about him telling her they were sure John did it but didn't have enough evidence to arrest him.

Next thing you know Adora's employee finds the bike and says he saw John dumping it in the lake. It's obvious Adora was behind the whole thing. She either suspected Amma's involvement or she wanted the whole thing to stop so the town could get back to "normal" with her as the queen bee.

Edited by WearyTraveler
  • Love 4
On 9/4/2018 at 6:13 AM, paramitch said:

I found the ending horrifying, breathtakingly tragic, and... perfect. It was all right in front of us all along. 

Your whole post is spot on. Surprised by all the negativity here for a great adaptation of a great book.

After reading this thread, most of the questions being asked here were clearly addressed in the series. The plot was nuanced and there were hints in earlier episodes that tied into later plot points, which people seemed to have missed. However, I’m not sure getting hit over the head with things would have made the show “better” at all. Maybe just pay attention? 

Edited by meowmeow
  • Love 2
On 8/26/2018 at 11:04 PM, TattleTeeny said:

I think at first it's like outdoor fence and then in the image above it's indoor/institutional..

It looked like the gate at the end of the alley outside Camille's apartment to me.

On 8/26/2018 at 11:09 PM, AEMom said:

It depends. My sons got their teeth late and as a result, lost them late. I'm pretty sure they lost their last ones at 14.

But you're correct that most teeth in their mouth would be adult teeth at this age.

Or they are weirdos like me who still had 4 baby teeth up until I was 50, when they started chipping. ( I have no permanent teeth to push them out and they were actually harder for the dentist to pull, because of the way the roots grow). I still have 2 baby teeth left at 57. :)