Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: Stew Coup

• Start Topic

See, Long Island NY isn't entirely populated by Joey Buttafuoco's.

The assistant casting director has probably been fired for signing up Colin and Jamie. "They're too flipping normal!!" cried the producer.

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 11
On 8/22/2018 at 4:56 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

It does get old, but I almost fell off the couch when I heard the addition of being attacked by a rhino.  I hope he keeps it up and that it just gets crazier every time it's mentioned.

Yes!  I can’t wait to hear what Joao says next.

On 8/22/2018 at 5:00 PM, biakbiak said:

It was a hippo, I am Teamhippo!

I heard hippo too.  Either way, being chased by a hippo (or a rhino), I want to hear that story.

Also, now I’m wondering, how fast can hippos run?

Edited by SweetPotato
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, SweetPotato said:

Also, now I’m wondering, how fast can hippos run?

Up to 19mph but at longer distances they usually clock in at 14 mph. They have the stamina to keep it up for awhile. Another site has them being clocked at up to 30 mph. They are also graceful swimmers and no match for a human in the water. They are responsible for killing about 3,000 people per year. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Up to 19mph but at longer distances they usually clock in at 14 mph. They have the stamina to keep it up for awhile. Another site has them being clocked at up to 30 mph. They are also graceful swimmers and no match for a human in the water. They are responsible for killing about 3,000 people per year. 

All I know about hippo attacks, I learned on the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland.  I wonder if they wiggled their ears before attacking Jwoww?

• Love 12
18 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Brooke: Dump Joao, and go for Colin. He's someone who'd be there for you, and make you laugh when you're sad. 

Jamie continues to be the most interesting one on the ship despite that she's rarely seen or heard from on the show. I hope she comes back next season, and we get to see more of her personality. 

I so agree about Jamie, and suspect that the reason she is either buzzing with energy or fast asleep is the Adam-imposed diet of cereal or Pringles she is forced to be on. Sugar high, sugar crash.  Feed her Adam!!

Also, regarding Hannah and her black book; how does a 30 year old even know what a black book is, let alone have one? I'm 50 and haven't used one for 25 years (it was fun while it lasted). People have cell phones now. I even googled to see if it was the name for a popular app for storing secret phone numbers, one for Droid came up but not popular at all, and Hannah is a latest Iphone girl all the way.

Edited by Kickboxer
add comment about Hannah
  • Love 5

Ha I had a literal black book in college (I'm 32 - and I think Hannah might actually be older than 30) when I had more mojo with the dudes and a large selection to choose from. My friends and I had them as sort-of-jokes. Actually they were super useful in remembering who you've been with... Sure, we had cell phones in college, but only towards the end of college, and if you had the money, did you get a fancy-schmancy iphone when they came out in 2007. ;) I didn't buy myself an iphone until '09. 

I've moved so many times though, I have no idea where I've hidden that little book. Should anyone come across it someday when I pass away, it'll make for good reading. *shrug*

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I still like Hannah.  I think she is getting a really bad edit this year.

I agree. The editing can tell almost any story the show wants. For whatever reason the show wants to do Lazy Hannah, so that's what we're getting.

I don't get Joao thinking it's some huge failing that she's materialistic, either. Hannah likes stuff. So what? We wouldn't have the ready availability of stuff we have if there weren't a lot of the people who like stuff. As others have pointed it out, it's not like she name drops brands regularly, she uses the brand names to make the point that she doesn't want her expensive stuff damaged. I think she's proud of the fact that she can buy expensive things for herself. She's not looking for a man to buy it for her, she's looking for a man who enjoys spending money the way she does.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

I agree. The editing can tell almost any story the show wants. For whatever reason the show wants to do Lazy Hannah, so that's what we're getting.

I don't get Joao thinking it's some huge failing that she's materialistic, either. Hannah likes stuff. So what? We wouldn't have the ready availability of stuff we have if there weren't a lot of the people who like stuff. As others have pointed it out, it's not like she name drops brands regularly, she uses the brand names to make the point that she doesn't want her expensive stuff damaged. I think she's proud of the fact that she can buy expensive things for herself. She's not looking for a man to buy it for her, she's looking for a man who enjoys spending money the way she does.

Except the guy that bought her a car and the guy that supposedly bought her a house and the cigarettes she expected Conrad to buy and whatever else bs she's talked about guys buying her.

• Love 11

Ha if I were on the crew, I’d use some of that tip money to hire a cleaning crew while at dock.

But the people cast on the crew are probably told well over 6 figures for a few weeks of work.

Must be appealing to the somethings.

• Love 1
On 8/22/2018 at 4:56 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

It does get old, but I almost fell off the couch when I heard the addition of being attacked by a rhino.  I hope he keeps it up and that it just gets crazier every time it's mentioned.

The next version features him facing down the entire Zulu Nation by himself.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Except the guy that bought her a car and the guy that supposedly bought her a house and the cigarettes she expected Conrad to buy and whatever else bs she's talked about guys buying her.

I know, that's why I worded it the way I did. She's fine with accepting gifts, but her requirement is that her partner have the same attitude about spending money she does, not that he spend it on her.

• Love 2

Dear Brooke,

I can't take anything you say seriously because you're attracted to Joao which shows a REAL lapse in judgement, common sense and decency.  Anything you say just sounds like blablablabla.

See, Long Island NY isn't entirely populated by Joey Buttafuoco's.

Or Amy Fisher's.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6
On 8/22/2018 at 11:40 AM, biakbiak said:

Sandy is so weird. She has spent the entire season bitching about Conrad and Hannah and now all of the sudden she is worried about the status of their relationship and giving advice? She turns attitude on a dime.

Kasey sucks. It’s a given that Joao sucks and is completely inappropriate but Kasey flirts back and it’s gross. It’s not about girl code it’s about being a decent human being. 

Colin and his parents are adorable! 

I can't understand the allure of Kasey.  Her hair is awful, her skin is awful.  She reminds me of a skinny version of Nicole from 90 Day Fiance.  nicole-d3699f64-0917-4150-9e8c-8c4b57dd2

• Love 3
9 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

I don't know anything about Nicole from 90 Day Fiance but her hair and skin look great!

I think it's just a decent pic of her hair and skin...it's not so great on the show!

• Love 1
On 8/22/2018 at 4:03 PM, howiveaddict said:

Me too!   I would go for Collin over the other 2.   

Unfortunately, if I were in my 20s, I would have gone for the other 2, sigh...well, live and learn. That’s why people make stupid choices in their 20s, they’re in their 20s! :)

Edited by VedaPierce
On 8/26/2018 at 5:46 PM, sasha206 said:

I can't understand the allure of Kasey.  Her hair is awful, her skin is awful.  She reminds me of a skinny version of Nicole from 90 Day Fiance.  nicole-d3699f64-0917-4150-9e8c-8c4b57dd2

EXACTLY!!! 

I've thought this all season long but figured I was the only one. 

I will add that she doesn't seem to be the brightest bulb in the chandelier so they also have that in common. Her mumblings on last night's show about how if she hadn't gone to the bathroom 'that one night' Joao wouldn't have kissed Brooke but rather her, further shows that like Nicole, her mental elevator needs some work. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

EXACTLY!!! 

I've thought this all season long but figured I was the only one. 

I will add that she doesn't seem to be the brightest bulb in the chandelier so they also have that in common. Her mumblings on last night's show about how if she hadn't gone to the bathroom 'that one night' Joao wouldn't have kissed Brooke but rather her, further shows that like Nicole, her mental elevator needs some work. 

Ha, I am so glad someone else saw it too!  And yes, both stupid and entitled assholes!  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

Her mumblings on last night's show about how if she hadn't gone to the bathroom 'that one night' Joao wouldn't have kissed Brooke but rather her, further shows that like Nicole, her mental elevator needs some work. 

But Joao agreed with her that that was true so it’s the message he is sending to her.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

But Joao agreed with her that that was true so it’s the message he is sending to her.

You are right, he did agree with her. 

But...much like Azan on 90DF, Joao, IMO, is getting off on telling her what she wants to hear. In Azan and Nicole's case, he tells her what she wants to hear so that she'll keep sending him money. Joao is telling Kasey what she wants to hear so he can, in his previously spoken words to Brooke, 'break her 8 year dry spell.' Both guys know both gals are dumb as hell, again, IMO. 

• Love 1
On 9/5/2018 at 1:49 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

She definitely doesn't give it, so I don't know that she deserves it.

I'm just seeing this, nearly a week later, but I can't resist replying.  I could not agree with you more!  

• Love 2