Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10 Episode 10

• Start Topic

Another moment I found humorous was when Noah Fucking Solloway went to talk to Cole at the cemetery. When Noah stepped closer, Cole looked at him suspiciously as he put a protective hand on Alison’s urn, as if Noah was going to grab it and run.

I like Joshua Jackson so that might affect how I view Cole in general, but I think he’s right that Alison would have wanted to be buried by Gabriel.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

Academy Award Winning performances

I might like it. I accidentally started watching "Dumber & Dumber" once, and laughed my fool head off. At then end, my husband and I looked at each other and asked, "WTF did we just watch?"

The other night I decided to go back to the very first episode because I had kind of forgotten just how The Affair started. I saw the same thing as in Alison's last episode: She cuts her finger, gets a bandaid and the camera zooms in to show it's a kid's bandaid with cartoon characters on it. Not sure if that has any significance but seeing these two eps so close together made that stand out to me -  assuming I actually am remembering Se04 ep09 correctly.

• Love 1
On 8/24/2018 at 11:53 AM, Elizzikra said:

If it made Priya less of a bitch and gave Sierra a little more common sense, I could be on board.

I'm on the fence about how much of a bitch Priya really is. Is she a snide, undermining tiger-momma who thinks no woman is good enough for "My Son, the Doctor", or is she a mother whose son is her world and who she found is going to die and cannot accept it (as no one could) therefore ignores it and  so she seems like a bitch? Sierra is just a new-age, ditzy, California flake who probably has a silly Tumbler page filled with annoying memes and boring pseudo-deep drivel. Not much interesting there, to me anyway.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I'm on the fence about how much of a bitch Priya really is. Is she a snide, undermining tiger-momma who thinks no woman is good enough for "My Son, the Doctor", or is she a mother whose son is her world and who she found is going to die and cannot accept it (as no one could) therefore ignores it and  so she seems like a bitch? Sierra is just a new-age, ditzy, California flake who probably has a silly Tumbler page filled with annoying memes and boring pseudo-deep drivel. Not much interesting there, to me anyway.

I thought she was a bitch from the first time we saw her - barging into Vik and Helen’s house, filling their refrigerator with food and mending Vik’s pants - all before Vik was diagnosed. I do t think the two things you laid out are mutually exclusive - she is a tiger momma who’s devastated by the impending death of her son.

• Love 1

I found this episode absolutely stunning.

There were a lot of very good moments, such as how Noah reacted during Anton's reading - 1) does anyone realize this is me he's talking about?, 2) hum, it might be better if they don't realize it's me he's talking about, 3) WTF!?, Cole taking the urn to Gabriel, Cherry comforting Cole (although this season Cherry bears very little resemblance to previous seasons Cherry), exes Noah and Helen behaving friend-ish-ly, as only people who know the best and worst of each other can, and probably others that don't come to mind right now.

I don't feel the season ended on a cliffhanger and I like that. Rather than the mystery of how Alison died, I'd like next season to be about how each character's life is changed as a result of her death, what happens after the death of someone you loved or once loved. Also because we have another death looming, Vik's, and this one is announced, in a way. I'm increasingly seeing the affair as the "butterfly" whose effect spreads and affects even people who had no close ties to it.

• Love 4
On 8/19/2018 at 1:40 PM, casey65 said:

Whoever mentioned Allison having a bandaid on her finger in the flashback - I remember in one of the first episodes seeing Allison with a bandaid like that on her finger - it looked like one you would out on a child (with little pictures on it). And then of course last episode... a nice touch.

She was cutting oranges when she cut her finger in S1 and put on a child's bandaide.  I found it bittersweet and obviously memorable.

• Love 1
On 8/20/2018 at 1:38 PM, DOBABYR said:

Excerpt from the interview 

“For anybody who is wondering, Alison did not kill herself, but the tragedy & the irony is that all the people in her life think that she killed herself. The audience is actually the only ones who will ever know the truth”

That just stinks. Suicide is such an awful way of dying for those left behind to deal with.  Especially her young daughter will have to think that her Mother killed herself.  And her entire life will be effected by that.  

I don't think I'll be watching S5 because it will be based on this lie.  I'm surprised at how angry this makes me.  And I have never experienced a suicide in my life.   Plus Alison would never have done that to her daughter having lost a son with the horrible feelings she's had to deal with.  Like I said this makes me angry.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 8/19/2018 at 3:01 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

Cole running away with the urn!  I realize it wasn't supposed to be humorous, but I laughed pretty loudly.

I called it the instant I saw the shape of the urn and Cole sitting there eyeing it.   I thought, "he's gonna run with it."  I just couldn't believe it when he actually grabbed it and took off.

I found it offensive that Vik got a more humane sendoff than Alison, who gets sent into the sweet hereafter as an unavenged murder victim and framed as a suicide.

Joshua Jackson was the heart and soul of this series.

Edited by millennium
On 8/19/2018 at 3:01 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

Cole running away with the urn!  I realize it wasn't supposed to be humorous, but I laughed pretty loudly.

I might have laughed too, but I thought (out loud) "Cole don't you ever change."

I barely like anyone on this show, but of the long time characters, Cole is probably the most together of them. The best part of season four was the road trip with Anton and I'm probably not ganna miss Alison...

On 8/23/2018 at 8:34 AM, vixenbynight said:

She only told Vik.

She actually told the two younger kids and her parents in the Hamptons, which caused them to lock her in the Panic Room.

Ben is a military man and with military precision to detail would likely have cleaned up the blood and staged the apartment in the most innocent light after returning from the jetty. Also, Detective Jeffries is not the brightest bulb in the closet, as he spent years investigating Scotty's death and still fingered the wrong person.

Noah could have clarified that Alison was his ex-wife rather than have ex-college friend think he’s a psycho for casually attending a Princeton college tour days after her death. Probably sloppy writing.

Helen's throwing her purse directly at Sierra’s stomach looked like an attempt, though half-assed, to abort the fetus.

Cole running with the urn Jeff Probst-style was funny, and not in a good way that served the show well.

Mare Winningham is an amazing actress. Her scene at the graveyard was stupendous. Hope she returns.

Cole just got back from his walkabout 3 days ago, not even unpacked, and now he’s going on another roadtrip, this time with Joanie? Does this guy even work? Luisa doesn’t even comment that he just returned? Again, seems like sloppy writing to me.

Very weird creepy thing with Joanie seeming to not be at all sad her mother is dead. She is old enough to know what it means.

I was and am underwhelmed by Anton’s supposed brilliance. His Princeton writing exercise was one of the most pedestrian college essays I’ve ever heard, not to mention disrespectful to his mother. I hope he's not back for Season 5, as I can't take much more of him, or the loathsome Whitney.

But the most offensive part of the episode to me were Sierra’s hideous ‘70s-esque gaucho pants. Explain, please how these are flattering on anyone?

• Love 1