Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Bubbles and Brooding

• Start Topic

Dee is the epitome of my MIL. They sound alike and look alike and both are horrible human beings.  My husband always heard his mother say, "You will be written out of the will if...." and 4 years after our marriage he was talking to her on the phone and then next thing I knew he hung up on her when she started the "the will" convo and he has not spoken to her in over 20 years.  I couldn't imagine not talking to my parents but if I had a mom like Dee or my MIL I could honestly see it happening. D'Andra needs to cut ties and move on without her heinous mother.  It may be tough in the beginning but she has to make her own way in the world.  My husband took over my family's business and now he is way more successful than his mom ever could have been in both love and finances.  Some Texas women can be mean to the core and some sweet as peach cobbler.

• Love 18
On 8/22/2018 at 7:19 PM, Emerald City said:

In the previews for next week, Cameron seems really upset that she was"lied" to.

The "lie" didn't affect her one bit. Stephanie told her a story because she didn't want the surprise to get out.

I thought the party and surprise were absolutely lovely.

Cameron is so thirsty to be taken seriously.

Her arrogance makes her look very stupid.

I'm just guessing because I'm barely familiar with human emotions, let alone alien, but maybe Kameron is so upset because she seemed genuinely happy for Stephanie and seemed pretty heartfelt in her gushing and Steph just kept lying straight to her face.  She also might feel that they were making a fool of her/making fun of her.  I agree that it wasn't a big lie and was just to keep the surprise and not a big deal or anything to hold a grudge over.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, smores said:

The sign on the wall did say Bruin, so it was a big tip off for the guests.  I probably would have skipped it, to help with the element of surprise.  

I think the problem with Kameron's mouth is that she basically has no lips.  To correct this, she gets lip injections, but, when you don't have lips to begin with, there's no place for the injection to go but straight out.  If you look at someone like Snooki, she's gone too far with the lip injections, but she didn't have super tiny lips before, so, if she'd gone with a more moderate amount, she'd have just had some fullness, but, now, they're full, but also protrude horizontally out from her face, like she stuffed something behind them.  Kameron didn't have that much "lip" to begin with, so hers just go "out" rather than coming "up" and being fuller.  

I've seen infinity dresses before, but usually they have really wonky parts to them, like they're halter dresses with the halter pieces being way long and wider than normal.  Then you have to wrap them around you and tie them in all sorts of ways and it just never really works out the way it's supposed to, or you're constantly hoping the knot doesn't move, or pulling this fold that way, etc.  So, LeeAnne's idea of a basic dress that you just add pieces to with snaps in different ways would be a big improvement IF the snaps are unobtrusive and it was a more universal fit.  I couldn't wear that style dress, for example.  But, something like that would be ideal for travel, especially for a longer trip or a cruise, since you could take that dress and maybe 1 or 2 others, and just change it each night.  Wearing it just for dinner would mean you'd send it out for cleaning once, but, you'd effectively have a different dress each night.

I think it's a good idea too, provided, as you say smores, the snaps are good and there's no gaping between the snaps.  So much potential for cruise travel!

• Love 8

I don't think Stephanie needed to lie the way she did. That was a little too much, and yes, I think Kameron was genuinely happy for her. She could've just said, "That's a good guess, but let's wait a few more minutes and find out! I don't wanna ruin our surprise!" Brandi's friends would've been more happy about the baby than the element of surprise. That being said, it looks like Kameron takes it a little too far next week. 

• Love 9
On 8/22/2018 at 9:50 PM, LilaFowler said:

Kameron looks terrible at this party for Bruin.

What is wrong with her face? It looks like she has powder on loke Amedeus. The way she talks too. Dont like her at all

• Love 7
11 hours ago, zenme said:

I don't think Stephanie needed to lie the way she did. That was a little too much, and yes, I think Kameron was genuinely happy for her. She could've just said, "That's a good guess, but let's wait a few more minutes and find out! I don't wanna ruin our surprise!" Brandi's friends would've been more happy about the baby than the element of surprise. That being said, it looks like Kameron takes it a little too far next week. 

I agree. That probably would have been a diplomatic way of handling it. But it can be so hard to think up solutions like that on the spot. That's why I'm going to roll my eyes so hard if Kameron makes a huge thing of this. 

• Love 15
On 8/23/2018 at 10:25 PM, ghoulina said:

I am not sure what to think about LeeAnn's choose-your-own-adventure dress. It's different....?

It's just so LeeAnn. She's going to cop all kinds of hell for this too. This dress concept, now that she's telling us how interested in fashion she is, is the fashion equivalent of all those plastic 'sold on tv' kitchen gadgets. It's not high fashion. It sounds like a good idea, but those 'wear it 38 different ways' outfits get bought on a whim and languish in the back of closets. I really hope for the sake of LeeAnn's fragile self, that she is hard nosed about this and isn't thinking that she is in Cary's league because she 'visualised/dreamed' this up and now it's here! I visualised Cary and Mark splitting their sides and turning LeeAnn's WundaDress into a running gag everytime Cary tries something on for her husband. Poor LeeAnn. You can take the kid out of the carnie, etc. Bless her heart.

Edited by queenjen
  • Love 4
On 8/25/2018 at 6:01 AM, smores said:

I think the problem with Kameron's mouth is that she basically has no lips.  To correct this, she gets lip injections, but, when you don't have lips to begin with, there's no place for the injection to go but straight out.  If you look at someone like Snooki, she's gone too far with the lip injections, but she didn't have super tiny lips before, so, if she'd gone with a more moderate amount, she'd have just had some fullness, but, now, they're full, but also protrude horizontally out from her face, like she stuffed something behind them.  Kameron didn't have that much "lip" to begin with, so hers just go "out" rather than coming "up" and being fuller.

I love you @smores because you have just solved the mystery of Tinsley Mortimer's face for me as well. I always wondered why Tinsley didn't have obvious poofy lips, given her mouth is all I can look at. Kameron has a larger mouth, she's lucky. Tinsley looks permanently PO'd and liable to get mean IMO.

I have to say, I am in awe of D'Andra's dealings with her mother. Dee seems to regard herself as a fixture on the Texas scene. Like a character from Dallas or Dynasty back in the day. She reminds me of the main character in those 'sex and shopping' novels by authors like Danielle Steele, where a poor girl builds a cosmetics company/department store from scratch and creates an empire, or dare i say, a legacy. I mean, D'Andra's name has Dee in it. It's all about Dee. Dee is the figurehead for her company. I don't know if it is particularly big, or successful, from where I sit on the other side of the world, but I'm guessing Dee's been a fixture as a guest on morning television and has probably done her share of informercials as well.  I don't know if I'd go so far as to say she looks good, she certainly looks well preserved. The glimpses we get of their relationship look hellacious, like D'Andra saying everyone wants Dee to be their mother which is usually a red flag about how she treats her actual progeny. D'Andra handles these horrible interactions with her mother with masterful conflict resolution skills. Maybe she does get 'verbally abusive' off camera, or maybe Dee made that comment out of her frustration at her own inability to get a rise out of her daughter. From what I've seen though, which is all I can go on, D'Andra never escalates and she stays assertive and removed. But then, we have Brandi's issue with her spreading rumours about Adderall and production showed the receipts (just that the comments were attributed to D'Andra). If D'Andra did make these comments and kept the rumour circulating, then the D'Andra we see on the show may not resemble real life D'Andra at all and i don't know who the psycho is in the mother/daughter struggle we are being presented with. I CAN say that I don't envy D'Andra.  

• Love 5

I'm a big long term fan of Sue Grafton (Vale), who did the 'alphabet series' featuring Private Investigator Kinsey Milhone. Leanne's dress reminds me of the one dress that Kinsey owned because it functioned as business/formal or cocktail and it could be crushed up and stuffed in her travel bag. And maybe if Kinsey ever lost that dress, LeeAnn's would have appealed to her on practical grounds, but it would depend on the price point.

The alphabet will always end with Y....

• Love 6
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:49 AM, queenjen said:

It's just so LeeAnn. She's going to cop all kinds of hell for this too. This dress concept, now that she's telling us how interested in fashion she is, is the fashion equivalent of all those plastic 'sold on tv' kitchen gadgets. It's not high fashion. It sounds like a good idea, but those 'wear it 38 different ways' outfits get bought on a whim and languish in the back of closets. I really hope for the sake of LeeAnn's fragile self, that she is hard nosed about this and isn't thinking that she is in Cary's league because she 'visualised/dreamed' this up and now it's here! I visualised Cary and Mark splitting their sides and turning LeeAnn's WundaDress into a running gag everytime Cary tries something on for her husband. Poor LeeAnn. You can take the kid out of the carnie, etc. Bless her heart.

LeeAnn's dress is the Swiss Army knife of the fashion world.

I like the concept better than those convertible dresses, I had one years ago and I could only make it look like a dress in one style, every other way looked like a toga/towel on me.

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:58 PM, tinaw said:

What is wrong with her face? It looks like she has powder on loke Amedeus. The way she talks too. Dont like her at all

Kameron is so stiff, I wonder if she sleeps in a coffin.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, queenjen said:

I'm a big long term fan of Sue Grafton (Vale), who did the 'alphabet series' featuring Private Investigator Kinsey Milhone. Leanne's dress reminds me of the one dress that Kinsey owned because it functioned as business/formal or cocktail and it could be crushed up and stuffed in her travel bag. And maybe if Kinsey ever lost that dress, LeeAnn's would have appealed to her on practical grounds, but it would depend on the price point.

The alphabet will always end with Y....

RIP Sue Grafton ? 

• Love 4

There is some bad fashion on this show, y'all.  Like everyone's outfits to the Bruin party.  Yikes.  

Dee continues to be an amazing character.  Her conversation with D'Andra was insane.  Poor D'Andra.  I'm glad she has Jeremy.

I didn't hate Stephanie's house but it looks like a movie set house and not a place where a family lives.  Although, it is so huge, I'm sure there are nice play areas somewhere.

It was brave of Leanne and Stephanie to share their struggles.  I was definitely surprised by Stephanie's story.  It just goes to show that even the perfect looking cheerleader type with a loving family can still be susceptible to abuse and suffering.  It seems like she is in a good place now.  I hope Leanne is in a good place, too.

Leanne's convertible dress is cute.  I agree that it is not something anyone would wear to work in an office but I liked the basic design and then the add on ruffles.   It doesn't seem like she really had much to do with it beyond the basic idea but it is a nice looking dress. 

I'm with everyone else hoping Kameron does not make a huge deal about Stephanie's made up story.  Like, maybe I can understand being annoyed for one second but then get over it.  I guess we will see next week but it looks like Kam way overreacts.  I actually think it was rude and annoying that she even said anything to Stephanie about guessing it was a baby reveal.  She should have just told Court that was her guess and let Stephanie and Brandi have their surprise.  

I think Brandi is going to annoy me this year.  Based on reading about what D'Andra actually said about using Adderall, Brandi really has little to be upset about. D"Andra in no way called Brandi or anyone a drug addict - unless there is more to the story we haven't seen yet. 

I am not surprised that Cary has neurotic parents.    

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

Holy shit, D'Andra and her mom.  That might be the most cut throat RH fight ever.  There was no wig pulling and no "you stole my fucking house" shouting, but that mom is just savage.

Mama's got a foot in grave and she will bury her own daughter with barb after barb after barb to always stay on top. I'd bet she also did it to her daughter when she was growing up. I'm surprised D'Andra isn't more messed up. Her mom is stone cold savage.

I just can't with the pink princess. Worst housewife ever. She is so uptight with that stick up her rear you never see her letting go &  having fun. She has brought nothing to the show.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:54 AM, heatherchandler said:

I am not all that impressed.  And apparently the renovations cost $1.7.  She still has an awful backyard with a creek with sitting water, a highway and an office park.

And I hate the outside entryway - it doesn't go with the rest of the house.

Not to mention there is that old bat Heidi from season 1  hanging from the rafters across the way.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 11

The way her mother has acted should have come as no surprise to D'Andra. There is a long history there of verbal and emotional abuse I'd bet. She should have been socking away paycheck money &/or opening her own side business just in case she had to break away from Mommy Dearest and go out on her own.

D'Andra shouldn't trust anything mama says on a handshake anymore. Get it in writing and make it iron clad.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 5
On 8/22/2018 at 11:02 PM, LilaFowler said:

She looks lightyears better in little makeup, a ponytail and a hoodie. Her pageant queen getup in her THs was so jarring in that scene.

Agree. She doesn't need the filler either. They all look better with less make-up. LeAnne and Diandra are bordering on freakish with their makeup, hair and (sometimes) outfits. LeAnne is gorgeous but looked horrible at certain angles with the jet black hair, garish makeup and ridiculous fake eyelashes. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Giselle said:

The way her mother has acted should have come as no surprise to D'Andra. There is a long history there of verbal and emotional abuse I'd bet. She should have been socking away paycheck money &/or opening her own side business just in case she had to break away from Mommy Dearest and go out on her own.

D'Andra shouldn't trust anything mama says on a handshake anymore. Get it in writing and make it iron clad.

That's the sad part. D'Andra didn't look all that shocked.  She needs to walk away.  She has some MAJOR connections, so it shouldn't be too hard. The fact that she hasn't moved on tells me that, even though she knows her mother will never give her validation, she still wants it desperately. 

I just want to say, as someone who has lived in Dallas my entire life, I am soooo glad we aren't being subjected to women with big hair who ride horses and live on a big ranch with longhorns, oil rigs, and a shooting range.  My back yard is about 2000 sq ft, my hair is sadly flat, I've ridden a horse maybe twice in my life, the closest I have come to oil is when I go to the mechanic, and I don't own a gun.  I do, however, say "y'all" all the time. :)

• Love 15

I love that despite the height difference, Kameron still walks around in her heels and her teased hair which only adds to the height disparity between her and her hubby. 

I cannot take my eyes off of Kameron when she is on the tv. I am simultaneously fascinated with/confused by her. Is she real or not? Is she really dense, or so smart that she knows how to craft an odd character to get herself cast? She is perfect for this show.

• Love 6
On 8/22/2018 at 9:05 PM, RHJunkie said:

I love that despite the height difference, Kameron still walks around in her heels and her teased hair which only adds to the height disparity between her and her hubby. I love that Stephanie was truly shocked that Kameron figured it out but unless they all suddenly got amnesia, it wasn't that hard to put together, especially when you give your party a name - that naturally will make people wonder what the party is about. She should have just called it a house warming if she felt the need to give a reason for having the party. I thought it was really sweet that she put that all together for Brandi and seems like a genuine friendship to me. 

D'Andra said that everyone wants her mom to be their mom....I wonder if all these people still feel that way after watching mother on TV. I think she's manipulative and pretty demeaning to her own daughter. Her hold on the company I think in large part is because it's something she can always hold over D'Andra. Also, what kind of a mother suggests to her daughter that the daughter is jealous because her mom is pretty...not a mother I want, that's who. 

Really felt for Stephanie as she spoke about her own suicide attempt. I'm glad she's been able to heal and move past that. 

In theory, I do like that idea of LeeAnne's 'dress' though the concept doesn't seem all that original (though you don't need to be original in order to be competitive or successful). 

I've been in and out this season, having a hard time getting into it, but D'Andra's mom is deluded if she thinks she's still attractive. She reminds me of this lady from the movie Brazil.

brazil4-620x412-466x309.jpeg

• Love 4

Have i said how much I cant stand Kameron ugh

I felt betrayed by both Stephanie and Brandi. I had seen Brandi on multiple occasions over the last 3 months and not once did she bring up that she had a baby at home?      ...maybe because you ARNT close good god it wasnt about you Kameron it was about her and her baby sit down shut up and deal with your gross off pink dog food that isnt selling

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-dallas/season-3/blogs/kameron-westcott/kameron-what-else-could-stephanie-be

• Love 3
21 hours ago, CatMomma said:

That's the sad part. D'Andra didn't look all that shocked.  She needs to walk away.  She has some MAJOR connections, so it shouldn't be too hard. The fact that she hasn't moved on tells me that, even though she knows her mother will never give her validation, she still wants it desperately. 

I get the impression that there's been a cycle of Dee dangling the carrot, then snatching it away, for years. She probably knows how to manipulate D'andra to keep her right where she wants her. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I get the impression that there's been a cycle of Dee dangling the carrot, then snatching it away, for years. She probably knows how to manipulate D'andra to keep her right where she wants her. 

D'Andra says it's not just the business but control of her trust fund too.  Walking away from the business is one thing, but I'm sure she will wait the old coffin-dodger out rather than let go of the trust fund.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, princelina said:

D'Andra says it's not just the business but control of her trust fund too.  Walking away from the business is one thing, but I'm sure she will wait the old coffin-dodger out rather than let go of the trust fund.

Cofffin-dodger?  I DIE!!!  :-)

• Love 4
On 8/22/2018 at 11:24 PM, Pop Tart said:

Yeah that was weird. Even at the party she seemed mortally offended when she realized there was already a baby. Her face was all kinds of angry looking. At a party where someone is introducing her new baby to all her friends?! First reaction should just be happiness for the new parents.

If later she wanted to razz Stephanie a bit about how she, Kameron, guessed right, then okay. But from the previews it looks like not only is she still in a snit about it when they go on their trip, but she’s trying to egg Cary on to be upset too because they didn’t tell her about Bruin right away, or something. It’s really kind of bizarre. 

I felt dirty that the adoption was treated as fodder for this show, particularly through the comments on the talking head.

• Love 2