Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Bubbles and Brooding

• Start Topic

Stephanie and LeeAnne make a connection at D'Andra's anniversary party; Cary is plagued by unpleasant childhood memories while living in her parent's house; Stephanie hosts a Bubbles & Bru party for Brandi revealing her adopted baby.

Airs August 22, 2018.

2 hours ago, OnceSane said:

... Stephanie hosts a Bubbles & Bru party for Brandi revealing her adopted baby.

And my bet on it is that it will be at this occasion that Stepahnie talks about a surrogate, in order to let the suprise be complete regarding Brandi and Bruin when the guests arrive :)

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

And my bet on it is that it will be at this occasion that Stepahnie talks about a surrogate, in order to let the suprise be complete regarding Brandi and Bruin when the guests arrive :)

That’s what I also think given the way they dropped it in the preview. 

• Love 4

Whew!

During LeeAnne and Stephanie's bonding moment, I got fearful and looked out the window.

No pigs flying.

Based on the outside temperature and wildfire smoke in the air.....Hell  hasn't frozen over either.

Huh.  I had to look outside for pigs and ice in hell again. 

I'm liking Stephanie?!? What?  How is this happening?

Edited by dosodog
Apocalypse. So far not happening
  • Love 9

I feel sorry for D’Andra. Her mother seems very cold and her business probably took precedence over her upbringing. Very sad indeed. No love between those two. 

Oh, the dog entering the prayer circle was just too cute. I wonder what he was begging for. 

• Love 21
11 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Kameron looks terrible at this party for Bruin.

There is something about her face (lips?) that just looks off to me. 

Edited to add: This came to me last night. Her mouth reminds me of the Geico Gekko. A lizard-ish mouth. I keep waiting for her tongue to slip out and nab a fly. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 7

I love that despite the height difference, Kameron still walks around in her heels and her teased hair which only adds to the height disparity between her and her hubby. I love that Stephanie was truly shocked that Kameron figured it out but unless they all suddenly got amnesia, it wasn't that hard to put together, especially when you give your party a name - that naturally will make people wonder what the party is about. She should have just called it a house warming if she felt the need to give a reason for having the party. I thought it was really sweet that she put that all together for Brandi and seems like a genuine friendship to me. 

D'Andra said that everyone wants her mom to be their mom....I wonder if all these people still feel that way after watching mother on TV. I think she's manipulative and pretty demeaning to her own daughter. Her hold on the company I think in large part is because it's something she can always hold over D'Andra. Also, what kind of a mother suggests to her daughter that the daughter is jealous because her mom is pretty...not a mother I want, that's who. 

Really felt for Stephanie as she spoke about her own suicide attempt. I'm glad she's been able to heal and move past that. 

In theory, I do like that idea of LeeAnne's 'dress' though the concept doesn't seem all that original (though you don't need to be original in order to be competitive or successful). 

• Love 21

In the previews for next week, Cameron seems really upset that she was"lied" to.

The "lie" didn't affect her one bit. Stephanie told her a story because she didn't want the surprise to get out.

I thought the party and surprise were absolutely lovely.

Cameron is so thirsty to be taken seriously.

Her arrogance makes her look very stupid.

Edited by Emerald City
Grammar
  • Love 17

Cameron's face on my TV kept changing from pale white to really white.  Depending on the angle.  Maybe foundation and lighting issues?

I really like LeeAnne's dress concept. IF the snaps aren't obvious. And it comes in other colors.  And it isn't so form fitting!  If not for the tummy pooch.... 

Brandi. Barf. Bruin made up for you tonight in spades.

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Emerald City said:

In the previews for next week, Cameron seems really upset that she was"lied" to.

The "lie" didn't affect her one bit. Stephanie told her a story because she didn't want the surprise to get out.

Yeah that was weird. Even at the party she seemed mortally offended when she realized there was already a baby. Her face was all kinds of angry looking. At a party where someone is introducing her new baby to all her friends?! First reaction should just be happiness for the new parents.

If later she wanted to razz Stephanie a bit about how she, Kameron, guessed right, then okay. But from the previews it looks like not only is she still in a snit about it when they go on their trip, but she’s trying to egg Cary on to be upset too because they didn’t tell her about Bruin right away, or something. It’s really kind of bizarre. 

• Love 11

Biscuit is the new star of the show. Love that dog. 

Everyone looked underwhelmed when the ginger family was walking down the stairs. Or maybe they couldn't figure out WTF was going on. That was one weird introduction.  

I couldn't help but notice how gorgeous Stephanie is when she was sitting on the bed talking to her mom. Her mom is a sweetheart. 

Yes, Dee, your daughter is jealous of your 80 year old stretched face and cheap wig. How awful can you be to your own child? 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I feel sorry for D’Andra. Her mother seems very cold and her business probably took precedence over her upbringing. Very sad indeed. No love between those two. 

Oh, the dog entering the prayer circle was just too cute. I wonder what he was begging for. 

If I were D'Andra, I would quit Mommy Dearest's company and work somewhere else. She wants that salary and inheritance, though. Mommy doesn't trust D'Andra with her company and likely never will. I can see it getting really ugly when she can't physically run the company and is forced to retire.

I didn't understand what was going on in the previews even halfway, it was so weirdly edited.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Biscuit is the new star of the show. Love that dog. 

Everyone looked underwhelmed when the ginger family was walking down the stairs. Or maybe they couldn't figure out WTF was going on. That was one weird introduction.  

I couldn't help but notice how gorgeous Stephanie is when she was sitting on the bed talking to her mom. Her mom is a sweetheart. 

Yes, Dee, your daughter is jealous of your 80 year old stretched face and cheap wig. How awful can you be to your own child? 

She looks lightyears better in little makeup, a ponytail and a hoodie. Her pageant queen getup in her THs was so jarring in that scene.

• Love 8

I liked seeing Stephanie and LeeAnn bonding over their struggles with mental illness and suicide. I never would have imagined that from Stephanie. But if drinking tends to bring on her depression, maybe she shouldn't be getting shitfaced and climbing on stone lions?

I just cannot stand Dee. She shuts down every single idea D'andra has. She is like a brick wall. I don't get any sense that she even considers these ideas. Just the simple fact that it comes from her daughter is enough to shut it down. And then she accuses D'andra of being jealous of HER? Honey, no. 

I am not sure what to think about LeeAnn's choose-your-own-adventure dress. It's different....?

Brandy says Brian is "all in" when he's at home, but I clearly saw him handing off Bruin for a poopy diaper change. 

Kamerson always has to prove herself the queen of class and etiquette. And, normally, I'd agree with her - it's impolite to not greet your guests. But we saw Stephanie greeting everyone else. Maybe they were unfashionably early? 

• Love 12

I didn’t get LeeAnne’s hairstyle choice at the party. It was very long and had many colors. She always seems to choose colors and styles that age her. I think she could look a lot prettier if she toned it down. She also seems to be more pleasant to be around this season (so far). 

• Love 3

Stephanies new house is A-MA-ZING! I honestly didn't think there was any hope for that ugly place with the pool in the middle of the living room. Kudo's to her contractor's, decorators and her vision for what that place could be. Her husband must make mega mega bucks.  

• Love 6

I thing Dee is pulling typical deflection by saying D'Andra is jealous of her; in fact, Dee is probably jealous of D'Andra if, for no other reason, D'Andra's youth.  NTL, I don't really care because I don't like either of them.  The people I *do* feel for are their employees; can you imagine working at that company, trying to please both D'Andra and Dee?  It would be impossible and probably lead to some serious work-related PTSD!

Seems like Mark is on a image rehab mission; he's making dinner for his daughter, Cary is saying how close Mark and the daughter are, no sneers of contempt at the child as she zips through the house on a scooter....well, maybe that last one is because they weren't in his house.

I wish I had a better retention for fashion history because I could have sworn that LeeAnn's convertible dress is something that was done in the past.  However, if it's done right, it could be a good seller.

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

Seems like Mark is on a image rehab mission; he's making dinner for his daughter, Cary is saying how close Mark and the daughter are, no sneers of contempt at the child as she zips through the house on a scooter....well, maybe that last one is because they weren't in his house.

Mark should begin with teaching her table manners. I have grandies and know that spaghetti is sometimes hard for them to eat, hence slurped. It’s called a knife and fork. If she can’t do that for herself then cut it for her before it comes to the table. 

Mark broke a dish in the sink. It happens. Why was it such a big deal? I must have missed something. 

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

I wish I had a better retention for fashion history because I could have sworn that LeeAnn's convertible dress is something that was done in the past.  However, if it's done right, it could be a good seller.

There are tons of other dresses, skirts, tops all with the same kind of snap and add on plus the dresses that wrap to make different dresses. ...but god love Leeanne for thinking she was inventing the wheel ... i cant help but love her crazy ass

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

I thing Dee is pulling typical deflection by saying D'Andra is jealous of her; in fact, Dee is probably jealous of D'Andra if, for no other reason, D'Andra's youth.  NTL, I don't really care because I don't like either of them.  The people I *do* feel for are their employees; can you imagine working at that company, trying to please both D'Andra and Dee?  It would be impossible and probably lead to some serious work-related PTSD!

In saying it out loud, makes me realize the magnitude of fucked up-ness that is a mother being jealous of her DAUGHTER for being younger than her, lol.

I couldn't take the scenes with Mark and Cary at home seriously. Their daughter is adorable but it was just last season that Cary was basically talking about how Mark didn't want to have a child and said it would be up to Cary to take care of her and then cue to him acting like an ass because his child isn't playing nice at the adult dinner party she was made to attend. Now all of sudden their hugs and kisses and their relationship makes Cary sad about the lack of relationship she had with her own father? Who are we kidding? Even if he had a recent revelation and is spending more time with his kid, after everything she said about him, the appropriate response would be 'it makes me so happy to see Mark now bonding with our daughter more and it makes me realize that I never grew to have any kind of real father/daughter bond with my own father'. Instead she makes it seem like Mark has always been this glowing father and she can't have it both ways. She was either dishonest before or she's being dishonest now.

I said the same thing - the concept looks familiar but the more I think about it, I think I'm associating it with the convertible dresses that are growing in popularity for bridesmaids - essentially it's a sash that is tied in different ways to create completely different dress styles. I did a quick search and couldn't really find anything that had clip on attachments like what LeeAnne's concept was. If the snaps are concealed well and she expands her styles to accommodate different body types and styles (not everyone wants to wear tight fitting pencil dresses), then I agree, she can do very well. It's a very 'everyday woman' kind of product that has  lot of potential.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Mark should begin with teaching her table manners. I have grandies and know that spaghetti is sometimes hard for them to eat, hence slurped. It’s called a knife and fork. If she can’t do that for herself then cut it for her before it comes to the table. 

I thought Mark WAS complaining about her manners when slurping the noodles?

Me? They're only young once. Let them slurp! That's the fun of eating spaghetti for kids!

• Love 14

The Deuber’s must be doing low carb.... Mark made pasta for the kid and a small piece of steak with one broccoli for he and  Carey! 

Stephanie seems very fragile emotionally under her happy facade. 

Which one is dragging their feet about getting married- LeeAnne or her man?

• Love 2

Cary looked liked she belonged in an AbFab episode in that outfit she wore to Stephanie's party.  Fashion disaster!!  I think she looks better with the darker colored hair though.

Seriously, though - how did Kameran figure out not only the baby's name but that it was Brandi and not Stephanie?  Did they all know and were just playing along, but Kameran saw a chance for a story for herself?

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Me? They're only young once. Let them slurp! That's the fun of eating spaghetti for kids!

I would have had my plate taken away if I made any food noises at dinner. Yes, I do have food issues as an adult. I guess I need to remember that my experience might not be a normal one. Your table is probably the fun one to sit at where kids can be kids. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I would have had my plate taken away if I made any food noises at dinner. Yes, I do have food issues as an adult. I guess I need to remember that my experience might not be a normal one. Your table is probably the fun one to sit at where kids can be kids. 

I think I fall somewhere in the middle. Table manners are important to me, but I also recognize situations when it's okay to relax a little and let them have fun. There is also a difference between a intimate, family dinner and being in a restaurant or having guests over. 

41 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Which one is dragging their feet about getting married- LeeAnne or her man?

I actually think they both are, but Leanne is trying to hide behind Rick's reluctance. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Kamerson always has to prove herself the queen of class and etiquette. And, normally, I'd agree with her - it's impolite to not greet your guests. But we saw Stephanie greeting everyone else. Maybe they were unfashionably early? 

Well and she walked in without knocking or ringing the bell so Stephanie didn't know they'd even arrived. And yes, a lot of the housewives do just walk into each other's houses, but when they do they can't expect that their hostess is going to automatically know they're there. They did seem to be the first to arrive (other then Brandi and her family). 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Stephanies new house is A-MA-ZING! I honestly didn't think there was any hope for that ugly place with the pool in the middle of the living room. Kudo's to her contractor's, decorators and her vision for what that place could be. Her husband must make mega mega bucks.  

I am not all that impressed.  And apparently the renovations cost $1.7.  She still has an awful backyard with a creek with sitting water, a highway and an office park.

And I hate the outside entryway - it doesn't go with the rest of the house.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Mark broke a dish in the sink. It happens. Why was it such a big deal? I must have missed something. 

It was his inlaws’ house, and they’re perfectionistic.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

you just stabbed my Italian heart....I actually gasped out loud.  :)  Mark should just serve a different noodle that doesn't require spooling is my suggestion.  You have to work your way up to spaghetti, as twirling is an art - I was watching my daughter twirl the other day (she's 18) and she got a perfect twirl and uses no spoon.  Proudest moment ever.  

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

you just stabbed my Italian heart....I actually gasped out loud.  :)  Mark should just serve a different noodle that doesn't require spooling is my suggestion.  You have to work your way up to spaghetti, as twirling is an art ...

LOL ! I just wanted to post that ! NEVER use a knife with spaghetti ! And if you can't without, eat penne ^_^

I reallylike this franchise more and more <3

#callmeapsychicregargindthesurrogate #iknowimnottheonlyone

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

you just stabbed my Italian heart....I actually gasped out loud.  :)  Mark should just serve a different noodle that doesn't require spooling is my suggestion.  You have to work your way up to spaghetti, as twirling is an art - I was watching my daughter twirl the other day (she's 18) and she got a perfect twirl and uses no spoon.  Proudest moment ever.  

I only meant that for the child. I also was taught to use a spoon as a child although my Italian boyfriend would cringe at using anything but a fork (which I’m quite good at now). I just thought they could let her cut it for easier delivery  

Your suggestion of a different pasta seems to be the best answer on how to handle this. 

Congadulations on your daughter having good technique. It is an art. 

Edited to add: Where is my head today? (Hanging it in shame) 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I only meant that for the child. I also was taught to use a spoon as a child although my Italian boyfriend would cringe at using anything but a fork (which I’m quite good at now). I just thought they could let her cut it for easier delivery  

Your suggestion of a different pasta seems to be the best answer on how to handle this. 

Congadulations on your daughter having good technique. It is an art. 

Edited to add: Where is my head today? (Hanging it in shame) 

I'm loving that you "got" my post. Thank you and congrats on you losing your training wheels aka spoon.  LO LOL

and @Diane Mars I'm liking this franchise more and more too.  The house porn and the opulence almost rival BH.  

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

and @Diane Mars I'm liking this franchise more and more too.  The house porn and the opulence almost rival BH.  

I wasn't sure after the 1st season and their own "charity-involving"... So out of my culture (living in Switzerland, so nothing to compare), but the 2nd season was good and that one has a really good start ! The relations between all of them seems genuine

And D'Andra's mom is and never will be Mama Elsa Patton ! eeeerkkk.. what a caricature of a sociopath !

• Love 3

Stephanie has a good heart. I've always liked her, but even more so after this episode.

Holy hell, Dee's a hard ass. Great HW "character", though.

Loved watching baby Bru while Brandi was talking on the phone with Stephanie. So cute.

But if drinking tends to bring on her depression, maybe she shouldn't be getting shitfaced and climbing on stone lions?

FWIW, she said vodka and wine bring her down, and she was drinking tequila.

That was weird, but I'm wondering if the guests' faces were filmed before The Gingers were in sight, as some of the staircase was blocked by that big sign.

It was his inlaws’ house, and they’re perfectionistic.

Also, they had been joking about who would be the first to break something, Zuri or Cary...and then it turned out to be Mark.

Has LeeAnne always taken such risks with her personal fashion? I'm digging her style this season (but not her makeup). She should be able to sell the shit out of that "38" dress.

Another good episode in what's shaping up to be a very enjoyable season.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, jaync said:

Has LeeAnne always taken such risks with her personal fashion? I'm digging her style this season (but not her makeup). She should be able to sell the shit out of that "38" dress.

Another good episode in what's shaping up to be a very enjoyable season.

I covet those boots she wore to her dress viewing. 

D'Andra's mother is awful.  If my mother said those awful things to me, there would have been some yelling, which would include "fuck you!" (guess I am a bully). The fact that D'Andra took it like a champ tells me she is used to it. So sad. 

When Stephanie said her mom talks in tongues,  I will admit I had my doubts.  Then,  the suicide talk happened and my heart melted. 

• Love 9

D'Andra's mom is horrible. All that talk about mothers and daughters being jealous of each other was such crap. Dee, YOU'RE jealous of your daughter. It makes me wonder what her marriage to D'Andra's dad was like. My guess is it was not good. I think she is very envious of her daughter's marriage. Horrible woman. 

• Love 18
On 8/23/2018 at 10:02 AM, TexasGal said:

Cary looked liked she belonged in an AbFab episode in that outfit she wore to Stephanie's party.  Fashion disaster!!  I think she looks better with the darker colored hair though.

Seriously, though - how did Kameran figure out not only the baby's name but that it was Brandi and not Stephanie?  Did they all know and were just playing along, but Kameran saw a chance for a story for herself?

I think she legitimately figured it out because the invite she received was themed Bubbles and Bru and she had called Stephanie to ask what the theme meant. Then she shows up to a party that's has a ton of blue decor (and if you look at the beginning of the scene where Stephanie is greeting guests, you can see a banner on the wall that either says Bru or Bruin and it's written in big blue letters, lol). She didn't figure out the actual name was Bruin, but suggested that the party is a baby shower and Bru is actually the name of the baby boy. And while her initial thought was that it was Stephanie that was pregnant, I'm pretty sure she quickly recalled the fact that Stephanie was slurring drunk a couple of nights before at D'Andra's party AND Stephanie was drinking champagne right in front of her while they were talking. Not to mention, she knows of Brandi's miscarriage and the fact that Brandi and her husband were trying for a child last year so the fact that Brandi's best friend would host a surprise party for her to celebrate her baby would make complete sense.

• Love 5

The sign on the wall did say Bruin, so it was a big tip off for the guests.  I probably would have skipped it, to help with the element of surprise.  

I think the problem with Kameron's mouth is that she basically has no lips.  To correct this, she gets lip injections, but, when you don't have lips to begin with, there's no place for the injection to go but straight out.  If you look at someone like Snooki, she's gone too far with the lip injections, but she didn't have super tiny lips before, so, if she'd gone with a more moderate amount, she'd have just had some fullness, but, now, they're full, but also protrude horizontally out from her face, like she stuffed something behind them.  Kameron didn't have that much "lip" to begin with, so hers just go "out" rather than coming "up" and being fuller.  

I've seen infinity dresses before, but usually they have really wonky parts to them, like they're halter dresses with the halter pieces being way long and wider than normal.  Then you have to wrap them around you and tie them in all sorts of ways and it just never really works out the way it's supposed to, or you're constantly hoping the knot doesn't move, or pulling this fold that way, etc.  So, LeeAnne's idea of a basic dress that you just add pieces to with snaps in different ways would be a big improvement IF the snaps are unobtrusive and it was a more universal fit.  I couldn't wear that style dress, for example.  But, something like that would be ideal for travel, especially for a longer trip or a cruise, since you could take that dress and maybe 1 or 2 others, and just change it each night.  Wearing it just for dinner would mean you'd send it out for cleaning once, but, you'd effectively have a different dress each night.

• Love 5

I can't see any woman wearing any of the iterations of Leeanne's dress to work. Unless her actual job is dress model.

Stephanie's house is a mausoleum. It also looks like a movie set. Where are their *things*? Where are the kids' things??

I just love this little gem of a show, you guys!

• Love 6