Type keyword(s) to search

Disenchantment - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This show is just so... meh.  It's not really funny.  There's not even any "oh, hah!" jokes that make it worth it.  The plot is... there.  The characters... exist.  I keep watching each season hoping it'll hit its stride, but it just never does.

I'll watch another season, I guess.  For the reasons above.  But if it didn't get another season, I wouldn't even miss it.

Just finished the season, and it is still funny, but the number of ongoing plots and characters and conspiracies and different lands is getting hard to follow. Especially when you factor in watching the whole thing really fast and then not getting another season for a year+. It makes Lost look like Three's Company or something.

I still love the Elf names though. The best new one was the statue in the underwater castle of Hero who was something like elf protector and sandwich artist.

I was extremely disappointed that the new season contained virtually no Mora.

The season three scenes with Bean and Mora injected new life into the show, IMO. Their chemistry was through the roof, and I couldn't wait to see more of them together.

If they didn't have room for Mora in this season, I would understand that. But they constantly teased us with her presence all season! So unnecessary.

I am not sure what this means for the TV Series, but Disenchantment is releasing 3 Hardcover Graphic Novels from Titan Comics.

Titan Comics announces Disenchantment: Untold Tales
Disenchantment_Vol1-_Cover.jpg
ABOUT DISENCHANTMENT: UNTOLD TALES VOL.1 (of 3  Hardcover Graphic Novel)
No, you’re not dreaming, it’s DREAMLAND IN PRINT! That’s right, your favorite princess, demon, and elf-hybrid-thing from Matt Groening’s popular animated series DISENCHANTMENT is now available in comic form! Easily streamable right to your brain via your eyes with no pesky Wi-Fi needed! 
Here lies the first of THREE all-new, all-comic volumes chronicling the stories you didn’t see on screen. Adventure above the clouds, in the forest, and beyond the seas… well, beyond one sea. But it’s a new one! There are Beans to meet and beans to eat and beans to plant and Beans who just can’t. There are giants in the sky and beers on tap, a unicorn and something that is not at all a unicorn. Including “educational” and “informational” inserts to enhance your reading pleasure!
Let us carry you back to Dreamland for new quests, new friends, new foes, and maybe a cocktail along the way, in these exciting comic adventures!
Bean, Elfo, and Luci await!

PRODUCT DETAILS
Hardcover | $24.99
Published by Titan Comics
Sep 19, 2023 | 224 Pages | 6-5/8 x 10-1/8 | ISBN 9781787741577
DNT-Trade-Promo-1.jpg
DNT-Trade-Promo-2.jpg
DNT-Trade-Promo-3.jpg
DNT-Trade-Promo-4.jpg
DNT-Trade-Promo-5.jpg

• Like 1

‘Disenchantment’ to End With Part 5 at Netflix, Sets Premiere Date

Disenchantment: The (Fifth Part)/Final Season

We watched Bean grow, from reluctant Princess to defiant rebel, and now, come Part 5, her journey will finally come to an epic finale - feat. the ultimate confrontation against Queen Dagmar, her evil mother. Every decision. Every victory. Every loss… it’s all led to this. So saddle up, and drink up. Bean’s final misadventure will be the greatest one of all.
Disenchantment_Part5_Teaser_1-e169090071
It all endeth here. The misadventures of hard-hitting, hard-drinking Queen Bean (Jacobson), her feisty elf companion Elfo (Faxon) and her personal demon Luci (Andre) culminate in an epic battle for Dreamland in the fifth and final installment of Matt Groening’s comedy fantasy series ‘Disenchantment.’ To save Dreamland from Queen Dagmar’s (Horgan) wicked rule, Bean must vanquish her mother and outrun a prophecy that foretells she will kill someone she loves. The stakes are as high as ever as our heroes face Satan, a headless corpse, an evil scientist and most terrifying of all- their true destiny.

CAST
Bean - Abbi Jacobson
Elfo - Nat Faxon
Luci - Eric Andre
King Zog - John DiMaggio
Queen Dagmar - Sharon Horgan
Queen Oona - Tress MacNeille
Mora - Meredith Hagner
Odval - Maurice LaMarche
The Herald - David Herman
Sorcerio - Billy West
Turbish - Rich Fulcher
Bunty - Lucy Montgomery

• Like 1
On 8/1/2023 at 12:16 PM, AnimeMania said:

‘Disenchantment’ to End With Part 5 at Netflix, Sets Premiere Date

Disenchantment: The (Fifth Part)/Final Season

We watched Bean grow, from reluctant Princess to defiant rebel, and now, come Part 5, her journey will finally come to an epic finale - feat. the ultimate confrontation against Queen Dagmar, her evil mother. Every decision. Every victory. Every loss… it’s all led to this. So saddle up, and drink up. Bean’s final misadventure will be the greatest one of all.
Disenchantment_Part5_Teaser_1-e169090071
It all endeth here. The misadventures of hard-hitting, hard-drinking Queen Bean (Jacobson), her feisty elf companion Elfo (Faxon) and her personal demon Luci (Andre) culminate in an epic battle for Dreamland in the fifth and final installment of Matt Groening’s comedy fantasy series ‘Disenchantment.’ To save Dreamland from Queen Dagmar’s (Horgan) wicked rule, Bean must vanquish her mother and outrun a prophecy that foretells she will kill someone she loves. The stakes are as high as ever as our heroes face Satan, a headless corpse, an evil scientist and most terrifying of all- their true destiny.

CAST
Bean - Abbi Jacobson
Elfo - Nat Faxon
Luci - Eric Andre
King Zog - John DiMaggio
Queen Dagmar - Sharon Horgan
Queen Oona - Tress MacNeille
Mora - Meredith Hagner
Odval - Maurice LaMarche
The Herald - David Herman
Sorcerio - Billy West
Turbish - Rich Fulcher
Bunty - Lucy Montgomery

Okay, I can keep Netflix for a little while longer.

On 8/17/2023 at 4:07 PM, AnimeMania said:

I like that they used some kind of orchestral version of The Final Countdown for the music. I definitely feel like this show would need a rewatch once it is all done since there is so much new story with each season (and new characters and locations) that it is hard to remember it all.

Disenchantment Part 5 Final Season    September 1, 2023    Netflix  

Episodes 1-10       Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S01.E01: Heads or Tails
AAAABXKgl4US7fyGlKScgmlhJOhTstoXYqTBcxoa
Queen Dagmar interrogates the Dreamland townsfolk to find out who's hiding Bean's body. Meanwhile, Luci reconnects with his estranged father. 

S01.E02: Fish Out of Water
AAAABXTmo8aRdUCsy8-_d003plb6nSf4sGHY4AsN
While Bean and the crew try to find a place to dispose of the body, King Zøg battles cops, robots and an angry mob to rescue his three sons.

S01.E03: Electric Ladyland
AAAABQLCNIPBjrNb09fwZm-flc6cI-3iUf7x4oTx
After Malfus foretells an ominous prophecy, Bean and Mora travel to Steamland to reconnect with Zøg — but first they must decode a cryptic message.

S01.E04: I Hear Your Noggin, But You Can't Come In
AAAABXqoHQw-Kkmd1pVMfGeKGWcoZYZduZ6aAdSK
Zøg, Bean and Mora search for a way into the Freak Show to free Derek, Bear Boy and Freckles. Then, Elfo and the crew elude a persistent Bad Bean.

S01.E05: Who Shot Elfo?
AAAABW2-0NVBUuSekPABChNXLimNuxUzWW9yAph8
Tormented by the mystery of his death, Elfo takes an ill-advised trip to figure out who shot him. Meanwhile, Luci hides Bad Bean's head from Satan.

S01.E06: The Stience of Homemade Lightning
AAAABUV3zuQ1GsObpUOqZ2hdCrpZ3aBRJL39h660
In the forgotten city of Maru, Bean meets the Queen of the Crones, who encourages her to harness her new special power. Later, Elfo falls for a friend.

S01.E07: Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment
AAAABVzapMliYjA8cTrNJK3mi6T83z_Gm7fXiap8
As the townsfolk prepare for war, Bean and Zøg land in the Twinkletown Asylum, where the princess makes a stunning realization about her destiny.

S01.E08: The Battle of Falling Water
AAAABZZ42gfjc7XVa1hbY7owLOCX_krEyFVdsadT
A battle between the Dreamland army and Dagmar's forces may spell disaster for Princess Bean, unless she can defeat her greatest foe: herself.

S01.E09: Darkness Falls
AAAABTdwSDKRRurLRh5YYU9E1T8ztUsdncs_g_hT
With the Crystal Caverns magic flowing throughout the kingdom, only Bean can stop power from falling into the wrong hands — if she can quit moping first.

S01.E10: Goodbye Bean
AAAABURRr01UyHpmSl9fWyH1kAbSwbrqyCZ-UYOf
With the fate of Dreamland hanging in the balance, a mother battles her daughter for beauty, power and immortality. But living forever comes at a price.

• Like 1

Two episodes in and it definitely seems funnier than the early seasons, at least funnier than I remember the early episodes being. Loved the guy complaining to Dagmar about how long he has to wait for her to do anything and how he can't even remember what happened. And there town criers line about "her satanic Majesty's request" was amazing. 

Also after watching 4 seasons of What We Do In the Shadows, Matt Berry as Merkimer is way funnier.

19 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

It’s been a while since I watched the previous seasons. Could someone be so kind as to remind me why we have a living Bean, plus Bean’s disembodied head, and disemheaded body, all coexisting? 

It is a little fuzzy to me. I think Bean has nightmares, and then ends up trapped by the Trogs and drinks some goo (angel tears, demon miasma=magic) and the dream becomes real. Bean is trying to hone her magic and work with fauxbean, but faux is evil and eventually has to be killed, but they want to keep her powers from Dagmar. Meanwhile, Dagmar wants to have Faux as her daughter and to use her magic for Dagmar ends.

I'm not sure why faux can see out of her severed spinal column, though.

Watched the last 4 episodes to tonight, I really liked it, especially the big battle. Not sure I liked how they took care of Dagmar since it didn't really make sense, but I enjoyed everyone getting sort of a wrap up scene.

Also if you watch the last episode there is a scene after the credits. Not really sure what it means but it's there.

6 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I think it means that Queen Mop Girl decided to take magic out of the world. 

Doing some reading it seems that Mop Girl and Elfo were able to make Dreamland invisible just like how Elfwood was able to be invisible. Which I kind of get, but I thought that Bean had destroyed all magic. Although the end with Beam and Dagmar makes less sense since first Bean talks about how she has to erase her from existence which didn't happen. Then she talks about destroying all magic which didn't happen. Plus having her in the cage seems kind of dumb since if someone wants to destroy Dreamland releasing her would be a good move.

I did like Bean realizing she is not that much younger than Dagmar though and how many people love her. 

• Like 1

While I was glad that Bean and Mora got to live happily ever after, I was disappointed that we saw so little of them together.

The scene in season 3 where they had sex on the beach honestly struck me as one of the most romantic and passionate things I've seen in ages - and I'm not even attracted to women!

The voice actresses had incredible chemistry, and I wish we could have seen more of their dynamic.

Anyway...in the end, I think it was a bad idea for the show to revive so many dead characters. Death ended up meaning nothing. I felt nothing when Mora died, because it was so obvious that she would be revived.

Edited by Blakeston