Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Starry said:

It's possible that Pariah reverting back to Nash is going to be a plot point. That's my only explanation.

I prefer the other posters but I like that Kara is front and center on this one.

I'm so tired of any version of Wells. So, so tired.

In a very welcome change of pace, Kara has had a pretty consistent story running through the 3 episodes of this crossover so far, so I'm glad the posters are slightly more accurate about her presence this time.

Oliver looks ridiculous
giphy.gif

Lord they are lazy lol...turn him into The Spectre and all they do is throw a bigger hood on him....like you couldn't whiten out his eyes....give him a new suit....not make look so ridiculously bad.....oh cheap..uninspiring Arrowverse...never change.

25 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Oliver looks ridiculous
giphy.gif

Lord they are lazy lol...turn him into The Spectre and all they do is throw a bigger hood on him....like you couldn't whiten out his eyes....give him a new suit....not make look so ridiculously bad.....oh cheap..uninspiring Arrowverse...never change.

We'll see how he looks in the actual episodes; but here he looks like a ghost, so... yay, accuracy?

Edited by Trini

All of the posters so far have been bad in their own ways, that's why I was looking forward to seeing the comic/illustrated posters, since they wouldn't be constricted by promo photos available.

11 minutes ago, Trini said:

We'll see how he looks in the actual episodes; but here he looks like a ghost, so... yay, accuracy?

He looks hung over tbh...

Like he just woke up late to fight crime so he threw something on real quick.

• LOL 1

Oliver looks like he's dressed up for a night out of Dungeons and Dragons or Wizards and Warriors or some shot like that.  Was this payback for making it so hard to get his image in the CRISIS logo?

I'm assuming we get Nash back after Crisis.  They all but said Allegra was a doppleganger for someone close to him, most likely his daughter.  Why lay the groundwork for that if Nash dies in Crisis.  

I think the posters are pretty decent for CW superhero shows. I've seen a lot of posters for blockbuster movies that were inferior to these posters. 

Edited by Oreo2234

If the choice was between Oliver wearing a green cloak over just a speedo and Oliver wearing a green cloak over his GA suit, then I'm okay with the latter... 

Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Spectre Costume Is Comics-Accurate -- Just Not in the Way People Expected
By RUSS BURLINGAME - January 7, 2020
https://comicbook.com/dc/2020/01/08/crisis-on-infinite-earths-spectre-costume-oliver-comics-accurate/ 

Fans have pointed out that this bears little resemblance to the classic Jim Corrigan Spectre costume, which features basically a speedo, gloves, boots, and the cloak. That, of course, was never especially likely to make its way to the screen, but it's easy enough to understand why fans are a little surprised that the Spectre costume is basically just Oliver's existing costume with some highlights.

But that's exactly what happened when Hal Jordan took over as The Spectre after Jim Corrigan gave up the role in the comics.

spectre_12nm.jpg

(source)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I wonder if Oliver is just going to be Spectre for the crossover episodes? It would weird to end Arrow with him having the name and power set of a completely different comic character. (But then again, there's precedent for the show changing fundamental aspects of characters to whatever they want them to be; but I don't think it's a good idea for the central character.)

I didn't even know what the Spectre was supposed to look like until this week; my concern was the apparent laziness of the costume choice. But if Oliver is only Spectre for a short while, it makes slightly more sense.

1 hour ago, Trini said:

I wonder if Oliver is just going to be Spectre for the crossover episodes? It would weird to end Arrow with him having the name and power set of a completely different comic character. (But then again, there's precedent for the show changing fundamental aspects of characters to whatever they want them to be; but I don't think it's a good idea for the central character.)

That's a debate we've been having in the Arrow section. It could explain him not being with his family for 20 years (if they're keeping that) and not have him be dead or "dead" allowing him to continue being a hero and "something else". But I can definitely also see it just being for the next two episodes and he dies again/gets reset with everyone else/goes to a pocket dimension/ whatever.

It's a lazy costume but since any green costume is going to draw comparisons to his Arrow gear anyway I can see why they didn't bother much as well. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Trini said:

Nice dig at the show that's been called "Batman-Lite" since the beginning!

The original guy wasn't wearing the getup, so it might be just a battle thing (since he's wearing it when facing the Anti-Monitor). Although going beyond the Crisis is a whole different thing

Spoiler

809 SA isn't in and they probably won't be touching on it, but 810 has Oliver back in his s1 outfit and the city made a statue of him as the Green Arrow, so clearly they aren't really going to focus on the Spectre thing/costume too much in the ending

So I wouldn't worry.

1 hour ago, Featherhat said:

That's a debate we've been having in the Arrow section. It could explain him not being with his family for 20 years (if they're keeping that) and not have him be dead or "dead" allowing him to continue being a hero and "something else". But I can definitely also see it just being for the next two episodes and he dies again/gets reset with everyone else/goes to a pocket dimension/ whatever.

Yeah, I can see them resetting things so that he gets to be with his family. That would be the best option. Depends how committed they are to the 2040 future they've already set up.

1 hour ago, way2interested said:

Nice dig at the show that's been called "Batman-Lite" since the beginning!

Green Arrow being a Batman copy is fundamental to him. I was referring to how they treat supporting/recurring characters.

11 minutes ago, Trini said:

Green Arrow being a Batman copy is fundamental to him. I was referring to how they treat supporting/recurring characters.

Idk, the whole point of Arrow is Oliver changing. Making it a central point in the crossover symbolized by him being The Spectre is a neat idea. As long as the character is still the Oliver that we've followed for 8 seasons, I don't think it matters. Plus, it's clear that the writers are gonna do something to get around it in 810, the actual episode of Arrow

Don't know what you mean by the treatment of supporting/recurring characters? I mean, most Arrow fans have been waiting to see Diggle become Green Lantern since the beginning, so idk how it's automatically a bad thing.

From Wizard World New Orleans last weekend - (1) "Smallville Archrivals" panel with Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum and John Glover, and (2) "Women of Smallville" panel with Erica Durance, Kristin Kreuk and Laura Vandervoort, both on Jan. 4th...

Smallville Cast panel 2020 Wizard World New Orleans
Chris’s Top Level Media   Jan. 8, 2020

-- Mod: "There's been some Smallville news in the last month. Clark Kent made an appearance on The CW last month! ... And he looked just like you." Tom Welling: "A bit older. Did you guys notice that I tried to do some Jonathan Kent with the gloves? ... That was Jonathan Kent. I tried to bring that back." When he was first approached about the idea for bringing his Clark Kent back, TW said that he initially responded with an expletive and then, when pushed for an answer, said, "Wait a second. I'm trying to figure out a reason why this is a bad idea... This is a good idea. Just wait a second. I'll figure out a reason not to do this... Just the way it worked out, the storywise, the closure on the Clark Kent... I think - I hope, for you guys, you got to see Clark Kent years later from Smallville, and not some Arrowverse version of, like, some alternate universe... I even asked this, 'Am I playing Clark in Smallville, or am I playing an alternate version?' ... 'No, no, no, you're playing Clark, and Lois is Lois.'" When asked about the idea of his Clark Kent giving up his powers, TW said that his initial reaction was "What?!" He said that he didn't know much about the character's history so he asked that they "walk" him through how it would work, after which he was like, "It's cool."

-- Michael Rosenbaum warned the mod not to ask him about COIE. The mod suggested that MR do a podcast breaking down the COIE episodes. Mod then asked if there were any circumstances under which MR would reprise his role of Lex Luthor in any way. MR: "It's not an ego thing - maybe part of it is. But, for me, I wouldn't want to play any vari - I would want to play - I mean, it's Lex or not. I'd be Lex or not. There's not any kind of variation or other world Lex, and there's not - there's 'hey, you want to give me a shot at playing someone badass that some people liked, then I'll do it.' ... I just don't want to Lex it, what I did. I want to - that's it, that's it."

-- TW said that he hasn't seen COIE yet, so he doesn't know how his Smallville scene fits into it. He still doesn't know what happened before it or what happens next.

Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con Smallville Girl's Panel
Jeanne M  Jan. 8, 2020

-- Mod mentioned Smallville scene on The CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths. Erica Durance said that, when she got the call, she couldn't figure out how they would do it, because there was already a new Lois and Clark. ED: "But I wanted to do it, because I thought it would be really fun... I think it came full circle." She said that it was fun to work again on the Kent Farm and "it's easy to work with Tom." When asked for her thoughts on Clark giving up his powers, ED paused and then said: "He's gonna do what he's gonna do... But, I mean, never say never. Maybe he just did it like so many parents do when they're raising their kids when they're littles and then you go off and do your thing again. I don't know. I think it was cool. Sorry. No cool answer to that." Kristin Kreuk: "Great answer."

Edited by tv echo

Is Iris even going to be mentioned? I doubt that.

I love the Barry and Kara friendship but I think Oliver is going to be more instrumental here. It's a speculation based on the promo and the fact that they have yet to give Barry and Oliver any substantial one-on-one scenes.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Starry said:

Is Iris even going to be mentioned? I doubt that.

I love the Barry and Kara friendship but I think Oliver is going to be more instrumental here. It's a speculation based on the promo and the fact that they have yet to give Barry and Oliver any substantial one-on-one scenes.

It would make sense, but I'm back down to zero expectations going into the back end of this - the Guggie eps.

I know they have something for Barry and Oliver; it'd be good to have something with Kara too, since she's the one hero there that he's closest to. Plus she's the Paragon of Hope.

But back to the promo: really wondering how they explain why Ryan Choi is the only one to look different from before.

• Love 2

COIE is mentioned in this EW interview with Walking Dead's chief content officer Scott Gimple...
https://ew.com/tv/2020/01/09/fear-the-walking-dead-season-6-time-jump/

Do you envision a time jump on Fear to get it more in line with the other shows in terms of timeframe or not?
That is something we’re playing around with for the future, and time is actually going to be played around with on this season of Fear the Walking Dead. Yeah, who knows? I would love to get to be like Crisis on Infinite Earths. That would be super cool, but that’s way down the line.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

9 Things to Remember About 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' Before the Final 2 Episodes (PHOTOS)
Meredith Jacobs January 09, 2020
https://www.tvinsider.com/gallery/arrowverse-crisis-on-infinite-earths-recap-part-4/

Plenty of cameos
Black Lightning joined the fight
The identities of the paragons
Pariah saved the paragons
Lex rewrote destiny
The Anti-Monitor defeated the Monitor
Almost everyone has technically been wiped out of existence
Earth-90 Barry took Earth-1 Barry's place
Oliver died and became something else

Edited by tv echo

Win a $100 Amazon Gift Card from The CW and KTLA 5
January 10, 2020
https://931jackfm.radio.com/contest/win-a-100-amazon-gift-card-from-the-cw-and-ktla-5-0#// 

Enter below for your chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card from The CW!
Tune in Tuesday, January 14, starting at 8pm for Arrow and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow - the two-part conclusion of the crossover event, only on KTLA 5, The CW! 
Contest Date Range: January 10, 2020 @ 6:00 am PT – January 14, 2020 @ 11:59 pm PT

For the Web Contest, ONLINE – CW $100 AMAZON GIFT CARD.  Enter to win between 6:00am PT on January 10, 2020 and 11:59pm PT on January 14, 2020 by filling out the entry form linked to our contest page. Entrants may obtain “extra” entries if they “share” their entry with a friend on Twitter and Facebook and that friend validly enters the Contest using the link provided by the Entrant. There is no maximum number of “extra” entries. If a friend previously entered the Contest through a link from another Entrant, his/her attempt to enter the Contest through subsequent shared links may not constitute a “valid” entry (in which case, subsequent Entrants will not get “extra” entries for that particular friend). On or about January 15, 2020, up to one (1) winner will be randomly selected, and upon verification, will receive a $100 Amazon gift card. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize(s) is $100.00, courtesy of Merry Media and The CW. Otherwise, KCBS-FM’s general rules apply and are available by clicking HERE.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

LMG answered a lot of fan questions - here are a few of his responses...

1.does anti monitor have any potential for redemption or is he iredeemable?
2.will anti monitor turn into his giant robot armor form in the last 2 parts of crisis?
3.does anti m have any new minions that will show up or is it just the shadow demons?

cosmicjuggernaut99...
I think he's irredeemable, and without giving too much away if what's to come, you will see A Whole Lot of Mobius in the next two hours.. haha

What has been your favorite scene to have worked on in Crisis?

cosmicjuggernaut99...
I've had a few. Crying baby was a challenge. Monitor death scene was fun on set most of the syringing characters onboard the waverider. But 2 scenes coming up in hour 4/5 were my favorite. One as the Anti-Monitor, and one as the Monitor.

Just a simple question, do the actors know all of the surprise cameos (ex: Titans)?

cosmicjuggernaut99...
Hey! We weren't aware of all the cameos because they kept signing on to fast. And shot some a time later after we finished filming. More cameos to come.

Do you have any funny behind the scene stories you can share?

cosmicjuggernaut99...
I do, but too much to try and write out. It was the Monitor death scene day, and it involved David Ramsey. We had to cut multiple times because we all couldn't stop laughing. Mainly me. Haha

What is your favorite line as the Monitor?

cosmicjuggernaut99...
'You did this to yourself, and now, all of you will parish'

What's something you're allowed to tell us that we wouldn't have heard yet about Crisis?

cosmicjuggernaut99...
Haven't you heard, we're not allowed to say anything! Haha I think most things have leaked on social media to this point. But there are still a few huge game changing surprises yet to come. 4 more days

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Which of all 5 parts is your favorite?

cosmicjuggernaut99...
Hour 4, Monitor origin story.

Lamonica, I also feel there is something off about monitor, like he his hiding a big secret, can you confirm he is hiding something from the other characters or are you unable to for spoiler sake?

cosmicjuggernaut99...
I think the only thing they monitor hasn't talked about will be shown in hour 4. In hour 3 he was about to open up to Lois Lane but stopped himself.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Hi, loving crisis so far, what do you think of Oliver’s storyline in the lead up to and during crisis so far and are there any scenes you would’ve liked to have filmed as part of that story?

cosmicjuggernaut99...
I think it's one of the best storylines for Oliver to date. The stakes are extremely high, and we all know death is lurking around the corner. There's only so much time to tell the story with network tv. Commercials etc.. There's always more story to tell, but the writers did an amazing job with the time given..

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Hi Lamonica! Who’s your favorite actor to work with in the arrowverse and is there any other arrowverse character you would like to interact with?

cosmicjuggernaut99...
I've known David Ramsey for a while. We always have fun working together. Wish I could've worked with Kevin Conroy.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Trini said:

It would make sense, but I'm back down to zero expectations going into the back end of this - the Guggie eps.

Marv Wolfman co-wrote the episode. That's the one thing that gives me some hope.

I think this has new footage.

• Love 2
On 1/3/2020 at 8:57 AM, tv echo said:

Routh's Superman has been so well-received that fans are wondering if The CW made a mistake in not giving him his own show.

I'll tell you, if they got Courtney Ford as Lois Lane, that would make a killer Newer Adventures of Lois and Clark. 

• Love 4

Is it possible that Barry is being affected by Psycho Pirate? They teased him in last year’s crossover but there’s been no sign of him since. And if I remember correctly from the comics he was aligned with the Anti-Monitor, who is now just showing his face.

• Love 2
On 12/9/2019 at 12:43 PM, wingster55 said:

‪Why did Oliver mention he sacrificed himself for Barry and Kara? Is that even necessary to say in his “last moments”? And for what? To make the other two feel guilty? Plus it’s not even true. ‬

Never mind the fact that him having an arrow that can somehow stop the Monitor (all the eye rolling), I don’t get why said Monitor didn’t just transport him away instead of trying to reason with him. The amount of stretching they do to make Oliver the bestest hero ever (at the expense of all those with powers) is ridiculous. 

Cause Powers dont make you the "bestest" hero. I dont mind it considering the trashing of Oliver theyve done on the other shows when hes been more selfless than the others.

• Love 1

Why is there a shot of dead Sara from Arrow S23 in the new trailer?

And man, I missed Sara and her bo staff. Feels like such a long time ago since we've seen her fight.

Edited by lurker22
  • Love 2

That trailer did not make me anymore excited for this conclusion. Seeing them fight more Cgi phantom monsters where all they have to do is act like it is whack a mole is not threatening at all and it will take less heroes to fight the Anti-Monitor than it took to take on Earth X?

• Love 1

A few more notable LMG comments from yesterday's dc comics reddit ama...

Good morning LaMonica! One question for you, what’s it been like working with Stephen Amell for a good chunk of time?!

cosmicjuggernaut99...
Very cool. One of my favorite scenes coming up is with Stephen. Hour 4.

Will Supergirl and the Anti Monitor have a big battle one on one like in the Crisis comic?

cosmicjuggernaut99...
The battle will be huge.

Can you confirm if Crisis will give us the return of the original Wally West? Or if we would be getting the original Wally at all?

cosmicjuggernaut99...
Not that I'm aware of, but a lot of add on footage was shot after we wrapped.

Are there multiple monitors like in the comics?

cosmicjuggernaut99...
Not that I'm aware of, Would be cool.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

SUMMARY OF CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS ("COIE") CROSSOVER SPOILERS - ADDENDUM #2:

Spoiler

Arrow: S8, Episode 8: Crisis On Infinite Earths: Part Four
-- Airdate: January 14, 2020.
-- Director: Glen Winter. Writers: Marv Wolfman & Marc Gugggenheim. 
-- Arrow 808 synopsis: "OLIVER HAS BECOME SOMETHING ELSE IN PART FOUR OF 'CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS.' EPISODE PENNED BY MARV WOLFMAN & MARC GUGGENHEIM – Stuck in the Vanishing Point, the Paragons search for a way to escape. The futility of the situation is compounded by The Flash’s (guest star Grant Gustin) disappearance. However, hope appears in the form of Oliver (Stephen Amell), who reveals that he has become something else. Meanwhile, the origin stories for The Monitor (guest star LaMonica Garrett) and Anti-Monitor are revealed. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Marv Wolfman & Marc Guggenheim (#808). Original airdate 1/14/2020." (Dec. 23, 2019 SpoilerTV article, page 51 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- Arrow Part Four: Promo pics were posted, featuring Martian Manhunter, White Canary, Batwoman, Supergirl, JC's Lex Luthor, Ryan Choi (with beard), Flash, and Anti-Monitor. (Jan. 2, 2020 SpoilerTV article and TVLine tweet & pic gallery link, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

DC's Legends of Tomorrow S5, Episode 500: Crisis On Infinite Earths: Part Five
-- Airdate: January 14, 2020.
-- Director: Gregory Smith. Writers: Keto Shimizu & Ubah Mohamed.
-- LoT 500 synopsis: "THE EARTH-SHATTERING 'CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS' CROSSOVER CONCLUDES – 'Worlds lived, worlds died.  Nothing will ever be the same.'  Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu and Ubah Mohamed (#508).  Original airdate 1/14/2020." (Dec. 23, 2019 SpoilerTV article, page 51 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- LoT Part Five: Promo pics were posted, featuring Supergirl, Atom, Flash and Mick Rory. (Jan. 13, 2020 TVLine tweet, DCLegendsTV article and CW TV PR pic gallery link, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

COIE Promo Trailers 
-- COIE promo for Parts 4 and 5 was posted, featuring Barry asking, "Where am I?" and Oliver (in a suit) answering, "You're in the Speed Force, Barry." We also see The Anti-Monitor and scenes from the superheroes' battle in the stone quarry. We also hear Oliver saying, "The eight of us might not be enough." (Dec. 10, 2019 TV Promos video of COIE trailer, page 49 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- COIE "Take Back the Worlds" promo for Parts 4 and 5 was posted, featuring multiple superheroes. Dialogue - Kara: "We get out of here, we can find a way to get everyone that we lost back." - Unidentified male voice: "All life ends." - Oliver: "My entire life prepared me for this fight." - Kara: "Ready?" Jefferson Pierce: "I stay ready." - Kara: "Let's do this." - Barry: "We're in the fight of our lives here." - Sara: "We will not fail this world. Not today. Not ever." (Dec. 25, 2019 TV Promos video of COIE trailer, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- COIE "No Way Out" promo for Parts 4 and 5 was posted, featuring Barry saying, "There's no way out of here," and arguing with the other Paragons. (Jan. 9, 2020 CW_Arrow tweet of The CW Network "No Way Out Teaser" video, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- COIE "Oliver Teaser" promo for Parts 4 and 5 was posted, featuring male voiceover (Jim Corrigan) saying, "Every punch you throw, every arrow you fire with, they have all led you here to this moment," and Barry saying, "Oliver?" (Jan. 10, 2020 CW_Flash tweet of The CW Network "Oliver Teaser" video, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- COIE extended promo for Parts 4 and 5 was tweeted by SA, with comment: "Everything has to have an ending. #CrisisOnInfiniteEarths --." This promo featured Oliver, Jim Corrigan, the Anti-Monitor, the Paragons, Mick Rory, Black Lightning, Killer Frost, Diggle, Rene, Dinah, Atom, and the Shadow Demons. Dialogue - Male Voiceover (Corrigan): "Every punch you throw, every kick you've landed, they have all led you here to this moment, to the ultimate fight." - Oliver: "Who am I fighting?" Corrigan: "A being who stands against all there ever was or will be. The Apocalypse itself." Oliver: "The Anti-Monitor." Corrigan: "It's time to get your friends." - Supergirl: "We defeat the Anti-Monitor. We find a way to get all the people we lost back." - The Anti-Monitor: "All life ends. Only I can return." Oliver: "We'll see about that." - White Canary: "We go down, we go down fighting." - Supergirl: "Let's do this." - Rene/Wild Dog: “Is this what all the crossovers are like?” Sara/White Canary: “Not exactly." (Jan. 10, 2020 SA tweet & video, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- COIE "The Monitor Teaser" promo for Parts 4 and 5 was posted, featuring Mar Novu/Monitor, Novu's wife (Melanie Markosky), and Anti-Monitor. Dialogue - Unidentified Voice: "Oh, I wish you could see this. The birthplace of all creation." - Mar Novu's wife: "You have to get out of there... Get out of there right now!" This video was retweeted by LMG, with comment: "Origin story anyone? #TheMonitor #AntiMonitor #CrisisOnInfiniteEarths." (Jan. 11, 2020 CW_Arrow tweet of COIE "The Monitor" teaser video and lamonicagarrett tweet, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- COIE "Lex Teaser" promo for Parts 4 and 5 was posted, featuring JC's Lex Luthor, Supergirl, Flash, Batwoman, and bearded Ryan Choi. Dialogue - Supergirl: "Whatever it is you're planning, I'm going to stop you." Lex: "Why don't I make it easy for you. Ask me what I'm up to." (Jan. 12, 2020 CW_Flash tweet of COIE Lex Teaser video, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- COIE "Dawn of Time" teaser promo for Parts 4 and 5 was posted, featuring the Paragons and the Monitor. Dialogue - Supergirl: "Where are we?" White Canary: "The Dawn of Time." - Flash: "There's no multiverse left." - Supergirl: "We'll find a way to get all the people we lost back." - Supergirl: "Oh my God." (Jan. 13, 2020 CW_Flash tweet of COIE teaser video, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

COIE Posters
-- When asked if we will be getting an epic comic book style poster for COIE like we did for Earth-X and Elseworlds, MG tweeted: "Something very similar but also different is in the works. Two somethings, in fact." (Nov, 8, 2019 mguggenheim tweet, page 40 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked if we will get comics-like design art for COIE, like there was for Crisis on Earth-X, Elseworlds and Green Arrow and the Canaries, MG tweeted: "Coming soon! Two of them, actually." (Nov. 21, 2019 mguggenheim tweet, page 43 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- New COIE poster was released by The CW, showing multiple superheroes clumped together in front of the Monitor's stern face. (Dec. 11, 2019 Trini post, page 49 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked if there will be a poster for the second half of the crossover, MG tweeted: "Yes." In response to fan commenting, "Please dont make Batwoman take up 30% of the poster again.... Hopefully has Stephen Amell as the Spectre on it.," MG tweeted: "I don’t design the posters." In response to another fan commenting, "We understand that. But you are probably in contact with those that do, even indirectly. So if you could, please tell them that we were dissatisfied with the last one & would like to see Oliver front & center (as he should be) next time. Thank you!," MG tweeted: "Oh, they know." (Jan. 5, 2020 mguggenheim tweets, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- New COIE poster was released by The CW, featuring the Anti-Monitor looming over all of the superheroes, with the tagline: "THEIR WORLDS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME." Oliver is shown in the center wearing the Spectre's green hood and cloak over his GA suit. (Jan. 7, 2020 CW_Flash tweet, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

Generally
-- MG: "The only recap we’ll have is at the beginning of Part 4 in January." (Dec. 8, 2019 TVInsider article, page 47 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- MG: "This is a spoiler - this is something we haven't told anybody - is, we're going to open Hour Four, which is the Arrow hour, which is coming - it's not even on until January... we open with, basically, the mother of all flashbacks, when we basically do the secret origin of the Monitor and the Anti-Monitor... And actually, that whole sequence - the first draft - it was actually written by Marv Wolfman... He and I co-wrote the Arrow hour." (Christian90z Bunke video of Dec. 8, 2019 Crisis Aftermath I post-show, page 49 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- On putting the heroes in life-and-death jeopardy knowing they can’t really all be killed off, MG: "It’s a good question. It’s hard to answer without spoiling where we’re headed. I think once you see all five hours, all the twists and turns will feel satisfying." (Dec. 8, 2019 TVInsider article, page 38 of Spoiler Discussion Final thread)
-- On what's coming in 2020, MG: "I'll say, um, you know, a lot of your big questions get answered. I think there's some really great surprises, still some wonderful moments, some wonderful cameos still yet to come. And probably one of the biggest, most epic fights, uh, that we've ever done on any of the shows, certainly on any of the crossovers. So, uh, you got to check it out January 14." (Christian90z Bunke video of Dec. 10, 2019 Crisis Aftermath II post-show, page 49 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- On how each Earth number relates to who was on it, MG: "Yes. Burt Ward was on Earth-66 (the Batman TV series premiered in 1966). Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) and Clark see the image of Superman dying was Earth-75 (Superman ‘died’ in the Superman comic No. 75.) Earth-167 for Smallville is connected to Al Gough [EP, Smallville, who was born in 1967]. For the most part, we tried to follow that convention, but sometimes, we just picked a number." (Dec. 10, 2019 TV Insider article, page 49 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- MG: "There are still plenty of surprises still left to come." (Dec. 13, 2019 DC Comics News (DCN) podcast interview with MG, page 50 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- MG tweeted: "We’re completely finished shooting. Hour 5 (Legends) will lock by the end of the week. Hour 4 (Arrow) has been locked for a couple of weeks now. Surprises in both." (Dec. 19, 2019 mguggenheim tweet, page 51 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked about the big announcement that he had been teasing, MG tweeted: "We might not announce it actually. We may let it play as a surprise." (Dec. 23, 2019 mguggenheim tweet, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked if there are still any surprise characters left for the last two parts of COIE, MG tweeted: "Yes." (Dec. 29, 2019 mguggenheim tweet, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked if they'll make any announcements before Jan. 14 (when Parts 4 and 5 air), MG tweeted: "We don’t plan to. We’ve decided to let the surprises be just that." (Jan. 9, 2020 mguggenheim tweet, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked if COIE will have a scene bigger than the one in Crisis On Earth-X with more than 16 characters at the same time, MG tweeted: "No." (Jan. 10, 2020 mguggenheim tweet, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- LMG tweeted: "[C]heck out the Monitor & Anti-Monitor origin stories during the 2 hour conclusion. It's a game changer...." (Jan. 7, 2020 lamonicagarrett tweet, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- LMG: "January 14th, the game changing 2 hour conclusion of 'Crisis on Infinite Earths will be shown on the CW at 8pm. My favorite episode of the crossover, hour 4 (Arrow) will explore the origin stories of both characters I portray. The Monitor & The Anti-Monitor. Excited for you all to see what we worked extremely hard on for the fans." (Jan. 10, 2020 LaMonica Garrett (u/cosmicjuggernaut99) dccomics reddit post, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked if the actors know all of the surprise cameos, LMG: "Hey! We weren't aware of all the cameos because they kept signing on to fast. And shot some a time later after we finished filming. More cameos to come." (Jan. 10, 2020 LaMonica Garrett (u/cosmicjuggernaut99) dccomics reddit post, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked for something that he's allowed to tell us that we wouldn't have heart yet about Crisis, LMG: "Haven't you heard, we're not allowed to say anything! Haha I think most things have leaked on social media to this point. But there are still a few huge game changing surprises yet to come. 4 more days." (Jan. 10, 2020 LaMonica Garrett (u/cosmicjuggernaut99) dccomics reddit post, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- Caity Lotz: "I think this will be, especially the Arrow episode, huge... When [we were] out there shooting the big battle scene and looking at the monitors there, it looked pretty epic.” Following the destruction of the multiverse in Part 3, Part 4 finds the surviving heroes disheartened and stuck at the Vanishing Point. CL: “At the start of it, it’s been wearing on everybody... I don’t think [Sara is] necessarily the one holding it together there. I think they’re all struggling and tensions are high. But Sara definitely ends up stepping into a leader position and calling the shots.” (Jan. 14, 2020 Entertainment Weekly article, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- The LoT episode, which is the crossover’s finale, is loads of fun. Caity Lotz: “It definitely has some Legends flavor... To put these characters, who are so used to being serious about everything and [think] everything is the end of the world, into a Legends situation, it’s fun watching [them] adapt to it and try to figure it out because it’s not what they’re used to.” (Jan. 14, 2020 Entertainment Weekly article, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- On what's to come in the back half of the COIE crossover event, Chyler Leigh: "Nobody does well, as the name suggests, and the whole history of 'Crisis on Infinite Earths', how it goes is that everything falls apart. It's a matter of getting to square one in a lot of ways and trying to figure out how to navigate all that chaos when there's so much out of control. But an opportunity for all of these heroes to come together." (Dec. 20, 2019 Newsarama article, page 51 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- Spoilers from reddit user (superpyroman) for Parts 4 and 5: "edit: forgot to mention that the Paragons were stuck in the Vanishing Point for months and that the Flash went missing during that time ... Barry uses the Speed Force to get everyone to the Dawn of Time. Spectre Oliver defeats the Anti-Monitor. It was a bit anti-climactic. A new Multiverse is created. Oliver dies again. ... Ep5.... E-38 and E-1 are now called E-Prime. Only the Paragons remember the previous Multiverse. Luthor now owns the DEO. Jonn went and restored most of the important people's memories. Anti-Monitor is alive. They defeat him by perpetually shrinking him. They make a beta version of JLA with Supergirl, Flash, White Canary, Superman, Manhunter, Black Lightning and Batwoman. E-2 is where Stargirl is set with the JSA I think. E-9 is Titans. E-19 is Swamp Thing. E-21 is Doom Patrol." Also: "Q: So five Earths are left but Earth 1 and Earth 38 have merged. A: Not 5. Still an infinite number of earths. They just showcased that the other earths are restored and shit. ... Q: Can we expect to see Brandon Routh as Superman again or not? A: Small cameo yes ... Q: Do they actually name drop the Justice League? A: No but they have chairs ... Q: What earth is Black Lightning in? Prime. The new current ... Comment without a question: Forgot to mention that Oliver says 'You have failed this universe!' to the Anti-Monitor lol ... Q: There seems to be some time travel involved (Sara's death, Season 5 Oliver fighting) - what's that about? Is Oliver in part 5 at all or is his death the end of it for him? A: The Paragons got stuck in the Speed Force and I guess that was what they were seeing. Oliver is not in part 5 ... Comment without a question: I freaking forgot to mention that here is a giant beebo in ep5." (Jan. 13, 2020 u/superpyroman reddit post, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

COIE Comics Influence 
-- In response to fan comment about reversing the comics' image of Supergirl dying in Superman's arms by having Superman dying in Supergirl's arms on TV, MG tweeted: "Thanks for catching this. We have a even closer callback in Hour 4." (Dec. 14, 2019 mguggenheim tweet, page 50 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- Per MG, à la Clark and Lois sending baby Jonathan off to safety in a pod (which echoed a scene from the comic books involving baby Alexander Luthor), "There’s an image in [Part] 4 that’s meant to be evocative of a moment in ‘Crisis'” and “a bunch of big [nods] in Part 5.” (Dec. 19, 2019 TVLine article, page 51 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked if Supergirl and the Anti-Monitor will have a big battle like the one in the COIE comic, LMG: "The battle will be huge." (Jan. 10, 2020 LaMonica Garrett (u/cosmicjuggernaut99) dccomics reddit post, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

COIE Blu-ray, Comics and Merchandise
-- When asked if we'll see baby or adult Mia in DC's two-issue COIE Giant comic series, MG tweeted: "Both." (Dec. 9, 2019 MG tweet, page 49 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked if we'll see Sara in DC's two-issue COIE Giant comic series, MG tweeted: "Yes." (Dec. 9, 2019 MG tweet, page 49 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- MG also talked about how the COIE tie-in comics happened and why (to cover "characters and concepts" that they couldn't do on TV for logistical or financial reasons). On the comics that he co-wrote with Marv Wolfman, MG: "We ended up doing two stories. One is sort of the quote-unquote main story, um, basically fills in a significant piece of back story from, you know, Hour Two. Um, but also a back-up story that basically was just something that,you know, struck Marv and I as just, uh... to do a story about as many Lex Luthors as we could include, uh, you know, fighting against as many Supermen and Superwomen as we could include. And that was really, really satisfying." MG said that the tie-in comics were "an enjoyable companion piece." (Dec. 13, 2019 DC Comics News (DCN) podcast interview with MG, page 50 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- In response to fan question about when the Lex and Superman part of the tie-in COIE comic take place, because Earth 38 was gone before we met E96 Superman and E38 Superman never had time to go to the Fortress of Solitude, MG tweeted: "This gets explained in Part 2."  (Dec. 17, 2019 mguggenheim tweet, page 51 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked if there will be a b-t-s 'making of' documentary for COIE, MG tweeted: "WB has put together a lot of behind the scenes material they'll be rolling out." (Dec. 17, 2019 mguggenheim tweet, page 51 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked how Earth-38 still exists in the first COIE tie-in comic if that comic takes place during Part Two of the crossover event, MG tweeted: "Issue 2 contains your answer." (Jan. 2, 2020 mguggenheim tweet, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked if the COIE Giant tie-in comics will be available via Comixology, MG tweeted: "Yes. Eventually." (Jan. 6, 2020 mguggenheim tweet, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- DC artist Jerry Ordway tweeted pics of two original sketches, with comment: "Here are my two sketches for the #CrisisOnInifiteEarths cover, which will be on the direct market (comic stores) shelves January 15th! The George Perez re-used cover is on the Wal-Mart version of this book, and on sale now." When asked if he was told which heroes to use, Ordway tweeted: "Yes, they gave me a list. And asked for a bow and arrow in GA’s hand:) I think Ollie has it in for one of those Earths!" (Dec. 14, 2019 JerryOrdway tweet, page 50 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- On Dec. 15, 2019, ComicBook.com posted detailed spoilers about the main story in the first tie-in comic, COIE Giant #1: "More familiar Earths -- this time from worlds that the showrunner likely could not use, or would not be able to properly translate, on TV -- are snuffed out by an antimatter wave as Pariah looks on. A group of heroes is assembled and, since this is taking place in between parts one and two of the story, Felicity Smoak takes point on trying to figure out who the seven Paragons are. ... Fans also get to see how Felicity discovers that her husband is dead, and confronts The Monitor about it. Harbinger/Lyla Michaels admits that she has not yet informed John Diggle about Oliver's death, and Barry Allen/The Flash is there to give Felicity a supportive shoulder. But none of this is the moment that Arrowverse fans are likely to be buzzing about after the issue is over. ... As part of the story, The Monitor sends a group of heroes -- The Atom, Batwoman, The Ray, The Flash, Kid Flash, Nyssa al Ghul, and Harbinger -- to seek out Outkast, the antimatter universe doppelganger of Pariah (and a character with no direct corollary in the comics, as far as we could find). They trail him through the multiverse, finally catching up to him on Earth-D, a world created by Wolfman and the late artist Paul Ryan in Legends of the DC Universe: Crisis on Infinite Earths in 1999. It's there that Outkast takes aim at Barry Allen, but before The Flash can be struck down, Wally West runs in front of Outkast's antimatter beam, vanishing into thin air and seemingly dying. Certainly that's the way Barry reacts, and at no point for the rest of the issue does anyone say anything to suggest that there is an alternative working theory." (ComicBook article, page 50 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- On Jan. 5, 2020, CBR posted detailed spoilers about the secondary story in the first tie-in comic, COIE Giant #1: "As this tie-in comic reveals, in-between the events of the previously released episodes of the crossover, Lex Luthor got the chance to meet many of the other versions of himself in the Council of Luthors. A number of these Luthors just made their Arrowverse debuts in DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths Giant #1, tying The CW version of the DC Universe closer to the various worlds of the multiverse. ... The meeting takes place on Earth-99, the world where Kate Kane and Kara Danvers confronted an older and broken Bruce Wayne earlier in the television crossover. Many of the versions of Lex Luthor who appear in the story are deep-cut references to previous versions of Lex from across the history of DC Comics. This includes the red-headed Luthor who first appeared in the Golden Age, the Bronze Age version of Lex wearing his Lexor War-Suit, and the more heavy-set version that appeared in the Post-Crisis Man of Steel relaunch of the Superman comics. There's even a version of Luthor from the 1990s, when he used a clone body to pose as his illegitimate Australian son, Lex Luthor II. ... Among the council of Luthors are many versions of the character from across various other forms of multimedia. ... Among many of the other Luthors are versions of the character who appeared in previous television versions of the DC Universe." (CBR article, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

Post-COIE Consequences
-- Arrow: EP Beth Schwartz: “It changes, literally, everything," (Jan. 2, 2020 TVLine article, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- Arrow: Per Katherine McNamara, "the crossover changes everything" and sets the stage for a potential spin-off starring her character, Mia, and the Canaries played by KC and JH, adding: "It changes the multiverse irreversibly and that is the catalyst for the backdoor pilot and for the conclusion of the series. ... So really, episode seven that we just saw is the last episode of Arrow to exist in its original form and from this point forward, all bets are off and the rules are forever changed. Don't count on anything, expect the unexpected, and be ready for a crazy ride." (Dec. 6, 2019 Insider article, page 47 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- Flash: MG hinted that during the remainder of the crossover, “Barry will do something that is very significant, that will have ramifications for the remainder of Season 6." (Jan. 2, 2020 TVLine article, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- Flash: EP Eric Wallace: “When you watch the crossover, you’re going to feel those tectonic shifts, especially at the end. It’s not small. It’s a game changer in the same way that the ending of ‘Crisis’-the comic book was a game changer, and it opens up to a whole new world.” (Dec. 13, 2019 TVLine article, page 50 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- LoT: Per EP Keto Shimizu, the impact of the COIE crossover "hits Sara pretty hard,” but “in a good way” that “sets up her trajectory” for Season 5. (Jan. 2, 2020 TVLine article, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- On whether the ramifications of Crisis are going to echo into Legends S5, Caity Lotz: "It actually affects all the shows, what happens in the [COIE] finale." (Jan. 13, 2020 The Mary Sue article, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- Supergirl: On the impact of the COIE crossover, EP Robert Rovner: “For us, it really resets a lot of what’s happening…. It’s fun to see what happens afterwards." (Jan. 2, 2020 TVLine article, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- Batwoman: Per EP Caroline Dries, although the Batwoman characters are in the dark about multiverses and powered superheroes, it nonetheless “will have a shocking resonance” for Kate. (Jan. 2, 2020 TVLine article, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

Seven Paragons
-- When asked what the Seven Paragons represent, MG: "Well, you know, they represent different aspects of humanity. You know, hope and love and courage and truth. And, you know... but what they really represented for us as writers was, we needed a MacGuffin. You know, we needed our heroes to be looking for something. And every year, prior to Crisis On Infinite Earths, they did an annual crossover between the Justice League of America and the Justice Society of America, and the last one before Crisis, uh, written by Gerry Conway and drawn by George Perez, who drew Crisis, uh, was about the idea that there were these special characters that, if you - in the comic, if you removed them from the comic universe, basically all superheroes would disappear. But the idea that there were these special heroes, uh, that are out in the multi-verse? That was worth appropriating... (Kevin Smith: "And appropriating -?")  Stealing." (Christian90z Bunke video of Dec. 10, 2019 Crisis Aftermath II post-show, page 49 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked how the Paragons are getting along as we find them in these final two hours and whether there is any tension on the team, and also whether some time has passed (as evidenced by Ryan Choi's beard), Caity Lotz: "Yeah, there’s a lot of time that has passed and the have been stuck in this place for a minute. And I think one of the biggest things that they’re wrestling with is hopelessness because everything that they’ve tried to do, do nothing is working, and they’re not really seeing any way out of it." (Jan. 13, 2020 The Mary Sue article, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

Mar Novu AKA The Monitor (LaMonica Garrett)
-- MG: "This is a spoiler - this is something we haven't told anybody - is, we're going to open Hour Four, which is the Arrow hour, which is coming - it's not even on until January... we open with, basically, the mother of all flashbacks, when we basically do the secret origin of the Monitor and the Anti-Monitor... And actually, that whole sequence - the first draft - it was actually written by Marv Wolfman... He and I co-wrote the Arrow hour." (Christian90z Bunke video of Dec. 8, 2019 Crisis Aftermath I post-show, page 49 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked if there are multiple Monitors like in the comics, LMG: "Not that I'm aware of, Would be cool." (Jan. 10, 2020 LaMonica Garrett (u/cosmicjuggernaut99) dccomics reddit post, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked which of all 5 parts of COIE was his favorite, LMG: "Hour 4, Monitor origin story." (Jan. 10, 2020 LaMonica Garrett (u/cosmicjuggernaut99) dccomics reddit post, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked if the Monitor is still hiding something from the other characters, LMG: "I think the only thing they monitor hasn't talked about will be shown in hour 4. In hour 3 he was about to open up to Lois Lane but stopped himself." (Jan. 10, 2020 LaMonica Garrett (u/cosmicjuggernaut99) dccomics reddit post, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- On Jan. 7, 2020, LMG tweeted: "New #CrisisOnInfiniteEarths poster. A week from today, check out the Monitor & Anti-Monitor origin stories during the 2 hour conclusion. It's a game changer [2 fire emojis] 1/14/20 #dccomics." (lamonicagarrett tweet, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- On Jan. 10, 2020, LMG: "My favorite episode of the crossover, hour 4 (Arrow) will explore the origin stories of both characters I portray. The Monitor & The Anti-Monitor." (LaMonica Garrett (u/cosmicjuggernaut99) dccomics reddit post, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- On Jan. 14, 2020, LMG posted pic of himself with actress Melanie Markosky, with comment: "Meet the Novus in tonight's 2 hour finale of #CrisisOnInfiniteEarths 8/7c @thecw @melaniemerkosky 👋🏾 ..." (lamonicagarrett instagram post, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

Mobius AKA The Anti-Monitor (LaMonica Garrett)
-- Arrow's crossover promo pics include Martian Manhunter, White Canary, Batwoman, Supergirl, JC's Lex Luthor, Ryan Choi (with beard), Flash, and Anti-Monitor. (Jan. 2, 2020 SpoilerTV article and TVLine tweet & pic gallery link, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked if the Anti-Monitor has any potential for redemption, LMG: "I think he's irredeemable, and without giving too much away if what's to come, you will see A Whole Lot of Mobius in the next two hours.. haha." (Jan. 10, 2020 LaMonica Garrett (u/cosmicjuggernaut99) dccomics reddit post, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked about working with SA for a good chunk of time, LMG: "Very cool. One of my favorite scenes coming up is with Stephen. Hour 4." (Jan. 10, 2020 LaMonica Garrett (u/cosmicjuggernaut99) dccomics reddit post, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked if Supergirl and the Anti-Monitor will have a big battle like the one in the COIE comic, LMG: "The battle will be huge." (Jan. 10, 2020 LaMonica Garrett (u/cosmicjuggernaut99) dccomics reddit post, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- On Jan. 7, 2020, LMG tweeted: "New #CrisisOnInfiniteEarths poster. A week from today, check out the Monitor & Anti-Monitor origin stories during the 2 hour conclusion. It's a game changer [2 fire emojis] 1/14/20 #dccomics." (lamonicagarrett tweet, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- On Jan. 10, 2020, LMG: "My favorite episode of the crossover, hour 4 (Arrow) will explore the origin stories of both characters I portray. The Monitor & The Anti-Monitor." (LaMonica Garrett (u/cosmicjuggernaut99) dccomics reddit post, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

Oliver Queen AKA Green Arrow AKA The Spectre? (Stephen Amell)
-- MG: “The dilemma that we presented to our own selves was that we spoiled our own story... So if Oliver dying isn’t the surprise, what is the surprise? And the timing of him dying, because I think we kinda figured the audience is expecting that Oliver would die in the climax in the fifth hour. So if we went in the opposite direction and killed him off at the end of Hour, we accomplish two things: Hopefully we do surprise the audience. That’s absolutely the intention. But we also really establish the stakes that going into the next four hours, ‘Wow, if Oliver Queen can die, then no one is safe.'” (Dec. 8, 2019 Entertainment Weekly article, page 48 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked why they called Oliver a Paragon in 801 of Arrow and then didn't make him a paragon in COIE, MG tweeted: "We never called him a Paragon. [crazy face emoji]." (Dec. 14, 2019 mguggenheim tweet, page 50 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- Katherine McNamara: "I think Oliver has finally accepted his fate, or his potential fate, as it were." (Dec. 6, 2019 Insider article, page 47 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked what he thought of Oliver’s storyline in COIE so far, LMG: "I think it's one of the best storylines for Oliver to date. The stakes are extremely high, and we all know death is lurking around the corner. There's only so much time to tell the story with network tv. Commercials etc.. There's always more story to tell, but the writers did an amazing job with the time given." (Jan. 10, 2020 LaMonica Garrett (u/cosmicjuggernaut99) dccomics reddit post, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked about working with SA for a good chunk of time, LMG: "Very cool. One of my favorite scenes coming up is with Stephen. Hour 4." (Jan. 10, 2020 LaMonica Garrett (u/cosmicjuggernaut99) dccomics reddit post, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- On Oliver as the Spectre, Caity Lotz: "[T]his version of Oliver isn’t quite the same [as the Oliver she knew and grew up with]." (Jan. 13, 2020 The Mary Sue article, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

Felicity Smoak AKA Overwatch (Emily Bett Rickards)
-- In the first tie-in comic, COIE Giant #1, which takes place between Part 1 and Part 2 of the COIE crossover event, "Felicity Smoak takes point on trying to figure out who the seven Paragons are. ... Fans also get to see how Felicity discovers that her husband is dead, and confronts The Monitor about it... Barry Allen/The Flash is there to give Felicity a supportive shoulder." (Dec. 15, 2019 ComicBook article, page 50 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

Mia Smoak AKA Green Arrow? (Katherine McNamara)
-- When asked if we'll see baby or adult Mia in DC's two-issue COIE Giant comic series, MG tweeted: "Both." (Dec. 9, 2019 MG tweet, page 49 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- KM: "I think Oliver has finally accepted his fate, or his potential fate, as it were, whereas Mia now understands why he made the choices he made when she was a baby and understands that he didn't take them lightly and he did it quite painfully, but in order to serve the greater good." Also KM: "She now has a healthy respect for that, but she's not going to let him go without a fight... And that's kind of what we see Mia dealing with during the 'Crisis,' is fighting against the impending destiny that may or may not be able to be stopped." (Dec. 6, 2019 Insider article, page 47 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- On the effect of COIE, KM: "Now suddenly she's on a spaceship with people with superpowers, and aliens, and dealing with all of these other things... Suddenly being surrounded by strangers -- people that know her, but she doesn't know them -- in one of the most traumatic times of her life, it really kind of puts her out of her element once again, and forces her to grow in a big way." (Dec. 10, 2019 ETonline article, page 7 of Spoilers thread and page 39 of Spoiler Discussion Final thread)

Connor Hawke (Joseph David-Jones)
-- JDJ posted: "Fun Fact: I was initially set to appear in episode 1 of #crisisoninfiniteearths with Old Oliver (we had a fitting and everything) but due to scheduling conflicts the scene had to be rewritten without Connor." (Dec. 11, 2019 josephdjones instagram post, page 49 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

Barry Allen AKA The Flash (Grant Gustin)
-- Arrow's crossover promo pics include Martian Manhunter, White Canary, Batwoman, Supergirl, JC's Lex Luthor, Ryan Choi (with beard), Flash, and Anti-Monitor. (Jan. 2, 2020 SpoilerTV article and TVLine tweet & pic gallery link, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- LoT's crossover promo pics include Supergirl, Atom, Flash and Mick Rory. (Jan. 13, 2020 TVLine tweet, DCLegendsTV article and CW TV PR pic gallery link, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- MG hinted that during the remainder of the crossover, “Barry will do something that is very significant, that will have ramifications for the remainder of Season 6." (Jan. 2, 2020 TVLine article, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked about Sara’s dynamic with the other members of the team, since she’s not really close with any of these people except for maybe Barry, Caity Lotz: "You know I think … she had known Barry for a while, but—we didn’t ever have many scenes with Barry and Sara, I feel like it was always Sara and Oliver. In this crisis, Sara and Barry, I think, build more of a friendship, which is really nice. And it was nice to have some more scenes with Grant. I really enjoyed working with him." (Jan. 13, 2020 The Mary Sue article, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

Iris West-Allen (Candice Patton)
-- CP tweeted: "I was actually supposed to be someone else super fun in crisis. Didn’t pan out." (Dec. 10, 2019 candicepatton tweet, page 49 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

Wally West AKA Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale)
-- When asked if we'll see the original Wally West, LMG: "Not that I'm aware of, but a lot of add on footage was shot after we wrapped." (Jan. 10, 2020 LaMonica Garrett (u/cosmicjuggernaut99) dccomics reddit post, page 53 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

Sara Lance AKA White Canary (Caity Lotz)
-- When asked if we'll see Sara in DC's two-issue COIE Giant comic series, MG tweeted: "Yes." (Dec. 9, 2019 MG tweet, page 49 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- LoT EP Keto Shimizu: "The captain, Sara Lance, has a huge role to play in the final hour. It's really when she comes into her own as a leader, um, of all of these amazing heroes, to really pull everybody together and, you know, honor everything that's happened both in her life and in this crazy crossover, and steer everybody into this final confrontation with the Anti-Monitor. It's really epic and really fun." (Christian90z Bunke video of Dec. 10, 2019 Crisis Aftermath II post-show, page 49 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- Per LoT EP Keto Shimizu, the impact of the COIE crossover "hits Sara pretty hard,” but “in a good way” that “sets up her trajectory” for Season 5. (Jan. 2, 2020 TVLine article, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- Caity Lotz: "At the start of it [Part 4], it’s been wearing on everybody... I don’t think [Sara is] necessarily the one holding it together there. I think they’re all struggling and tensions are high. But Sara definitely ends up stepping into a leader position and calling the shots.” (Jan. 14, 2020 Entertainment Weekly article, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked if Sara is scared of being the Paragon of Destiny or if she has accepted it like some of the other aspects of her fate, CL: "Sara is used to curveballs being thrown at her and I think it was in season two of Legends—she had to wield the spear of destiny which was like a huge responsibility and temptation, so I feel like at this point Sara’s just like 'eff it! And see what happens!'" (Jan. 13, 2020 The Mary Sue article, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked how Sara was feeling, being the only Legend still standing at the end of Part 3, CL: "Not great! It’s definitely a huge challenge for Sara. And I think not having Oliver as she’s used to … she’s kind of more on her own than she’s ever been before. And processing and dealing with that is definitely a challenge for her." (Jan. 13, 2020 The Mary Sue article, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked how Sara was going to react seeing Oliver in his new Spectre role, CL: "It’s hard for her, cause she wants her Oliver back. She wants Ollie: the one she grew up with, her childhood friend, the one that knows her and they have all these memories. And this version of Oliver isn’t quite the same. I think it’s hard for her to deal with, but I think at the same time it’s better than no Oliver at all. And Oliver Queen is the last person that knows Sara—her old life—being a part of a real world, rather than just traveling through time. He was the anchor to the real world." (Jan. 13, 2020 The Mary Sue article, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked about Sara’s dynamic with the other members of the team, since she’s not really close with any of these people except for maybe Barry, CL: "You know I think … she had known Barry for a while, but—we didn’t ever have many scenes with Barry and Sara, I feel like it was always Sara and Oliver. In this crisis, Sara and Barry, I think, build more of a friendship, which is really nice. And it was nice to have some more scenes with Grant. I really enjoyed working with him." (Jan. 13, 2020 The Mary Sue article, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

Ray Palmer AKA The Atom AND Kingdom Come/Superman Returns Clark Kent AKA Superman (Brandon Routh)
-- LoT's crossover promo pics include Supergirl, Atom, Flash and Mick Rory. (Jan. 13, 2020 TVLine tweet, DCLegendsTV article and CW TV PR pic gallery link, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

Mick Rory AKA Heat Wave (Dominic Purcell)

Kara Danvers AKA Supergirl (Melissa Benoist)
-- MG: "I think, in the years to come, we will see that the relationship between Kate and Kara is the replacement for the relationship between Barry and Oliver." (Christian90z Bunke video of Dec. 10, 2019 Crisis Aftermath II post-show, page 49 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked how things are going with Lex Luthor (Jon Cryer), who wormed himself into the Paragons, Caity Lotz: "Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) has some very strong feelings about him and it definitely makes everything a little bit more challenging. You never know if you can trust him or not." (Jan. 13, 2020 The Mary Sue article, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

J'onn J'onzz AKA Martian Manhunter (David Harewood)

Kate Kane AKA Batwoman (Ruby Rose)
-- MG: "I think, in the years to come, we will see that the relationship between Kate and Kara is the replacement for the relationship between Barry and Oliver." (Christian90z Bunke video of Dec. 10, 2019 Crisis Aftermath II post-show, page 49 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- Per Batwoman EP Caroline Dries, although the Batwoman characters are in the dark about multiverses and powered superheroes, it nonetheless “will have a shocking resonance” for Kate. (Jan. 2, 2020 TVLine article, page 52 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

Arrowverse Lex Luthor (Jon Cryer)
-- Jon Cryer: '“What I will tell you is that the Arrow script is my favorite script of the five." Previously, MG (who co-wrote the Arrow hour with Marv Wolfman, the co-creator of the original Crisis on Infinite Earths comic) had said: "Marv’s interpretation of Lex Luthor, in particular, is genius. What phenomenal, phenomenal material for Jon Cryer!” Cryer agrees with MG's assessment, saying: “Lex gets to really stretch his legs in episode 4 and its great fun... It is such an honor to be actually voicing Marv Wolfman’s writing, as well as Marc’s obviously." (Dec. 10, 2019 Entertainment Weekly article, page 49 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)
-- When asked how things are going with Lex Luthor (Jon Cryer), who wormed himself into the Paragons, Caity Lotz: "Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) has some very strong feelings about him and it definitely makes everything a little bit more challenging. You never know if you can trust him or not." (Jan. 13, 2020 The Mary Sue article, page 54 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

Ryan Choi AKA the Atom? (Osric Chau)

Production and Filming 
-- On Dec. 19, 2019, MG tweeted: "We’re completely finished shooting. Hour 5 (Legends) will lock by the end of the week. Hour 4 (Arrow) has been locked for a couple of weeks now. Surprises in both." (mguggenheim tweet, page 51 of Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019 thread in LoT forum)

Edited by tv echo
UDPATED JAN. 14, 2020
  • Love 2

Reminder about the second COIE tie-in comic...
https://www.newsarama.com/48140-marv-wolfman-returns-for-new-crisis-of-infinite-earths-story-in-tv-tie-in-giant.html

The second GIANT comic will arrive in participating U.S. Walmart stores by January 19, 2020, and hit comic book retailers on February 26, 2020. Issue #2 will also feature the main and back up stories co-written by Wolfman, Guggenheim, with art by Derenick, Scott, Andy Owens, Hi-Fi and Abbott on the main story, with Grummett, Miki, Sotomayor, and Abbott on the back-up story. Reprinted content will also be included, in the form of issue #8 of CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, plus excerpted content from DC UNIVERSE: LEGACIES #6.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

and it will take less heroes to fight the Anti-Monitor than it took to take on Earth X?

I didn’t take MG’s comment to mean that there will be less heroes involved in the finale fight, just that we wouldn’t get that shot where all the heroes involved line up and pose before they start fighting. I think there will still be a lot of heroes but it’ll be more like part one of COIE where they’re spread out attacking different threats. 

• Love 3

They should have put out that new trailer a day earlier, at least. Why'd they drop it on a Friday night?

Anyway, I feel like they could have done better even if the Spectre costume is just a cloak. Kara fights Lex (who has powers?) and Ryan Choi? I think?? Besides the Big Battle, it looks like the CGI Redshirts are also targeting specific/individual people. Barry still has to run into the speed force for... something.

16 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

That trailer did not make me anymore excited for this conclusion. Seeing them fight more Cgi phantom monsters where all they have to do is act like it is whack a mole is not threatening at all and it will take less heroes to fight the Anti-Monitor than it took to take on Earth X?

I know they need their action shots, but I'm hoping there's more to it than that. I'm also not looking forward to yet another 'heroes flex and pose vs. CGI' fight.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, lurker22 said:

Why is there a shot of dead Sara from Arrow S23 in the new trailer?

And man, I missed Sara and her bo staff. Feels like such a long time ago since we've seen her fight.

They recreated the scene where she was dead, so they must revisit her death somehow.  They did a pretty good job, but there's more blood in the new one and a noticeable difference in camera quality. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Cyphodyas said:

They recreated the scene where she was dead, so they must revisit her death somehow.

That may be where Laurel's cameo/scene comes in since she was present when Sara died.

I saw someone speculate on Twitter that the room Sara bursts into may be Sara Diggle's and now I want nothing else and am prepared to be soundly disappointed.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

That may be where Laurel's cameo/scene comes in since she was present when Sara died.

I saw someone speculate on Twitter that the room Sara bursts into may be Sara Diggle's and now I want nothing else and am prepared to be soundly disappointed.

I've resigned myself to the probability that it's Mia's room, but Sara saving baby Sara would be amazing. 

She's wearing the same shirt she was in the bar with Ray, but it almost seems like she knew it was going to happen somehow.  So, is this where they start the story about her getting a power?  

Edited by Cyphodyas

What a boring trailer.

On 1/11/2020 at 4:05 AM, BaggythePanther said:

Is it possible that Barry is being affected by Psycho Pirate? They teased him in last year’s crossover but there’s been no sign of him since. And if I remember correctly from the comics he was aligned with the Anti-Monitor, who is now just showing his face.

I believe he's just being emotional and impulsive.

They must have dropped Psycho Pirate. I doubt he could control their emotions while they are at the Vanishing Point and Barry wasn't acting strange in the last episode before the break.

9 hours ago, Trini said:

Barry still has to run into the speed force for... something.

They are probably going to pay homage to the newspaper Flash vs. Reverse Flash fight. I hate that it's likely going to happen during a Legends/Arrow episode 🙄 It'll feel rushed and tacked on. 

I thought the shot of dead Sara was Oliver flashing back to important moments in his life as a part of his Spectre journey but now I am not so sure anymore. It's possible that it's going to be important for Sara's individual crossover storyline.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Cyphodyas said:

I've resigned myself to the probability that it's Mia's room, but Sara saving baby Sara would be amazing

Continuity-wise, it doesn't look like either of their rooms (Sara's was pink not green, Mia's was all green no pink), so it's more likely a third option (like Ryan Choi's daughter's room), but then again that's just caring about continuity possibly more than they do XD

• LOL 2
  • Love 2