Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

I'm like 90% sure there's not going to be ANY changes of consequence, no merged earths

Elseworlds seemed to hint at merged earths but nothing recently has and the way things have played out its almost certain at least some of the multiverse will be restored. Maybe it will be restored with a slightly altered timeline that will allow the shows to change or ignore what they want to.  If they keep Superman and Supergirl in separate universes it may be harder and harder to justify including one and/or both of them in future crossovers in a meaningful way. Since Supergirl almost never addresses the other shows or crossovers maybe it should stop with them after this. Or do it less often so every crossover doesn't have to be something that justifies getting someone from a different universe to show up. 

Edited by Oreo2234

I decided my favorite part of the crossovers is seeing how each person decides to go through a portal. Most just walk right through. Cisco and Kara do sort of a hands out jump. Barry does a little skip like he doesn't want to trip on the edge of the portal. It's fun to watch for 🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I wasn't expecting them to kill off the multi-verse this early in the story, much less destroy all of reality, including Earth-1.  Unfortunately, that means they're totally going to hit the reset button.  

We know Iris, Black Lightning and a few others aren't in part 4 so is the entire Arrow portion going to just be the paragons and Oliver?

Are the Guardians Felicity got the second book from the Green Lantern Guardians?   Do they play some special role in Crisis in the comics?

7 minutes ago, Maverick said:

We know Iris, Black Lightning and a few others aren't in part 4 so is the entire Arrow portion going to just be the paragons and Oliver?

I have to think the Arrow characters will show up somehow. KC as Earth-1 Laurel is in it somehow, and JH and RG have to show up (and I wouldn't think they would just show up in LoT).

Given how we all over expected on the announced cameos I wouldn't be surprised if Laurel is part of a flashback montage of some kind rather than an active participant in the Paragons vs Anti-Monitor. If she does have more than a cameo then I'd bet on it coming from the Anti-Monitor. In the story the Anti-Monitor can warp reality so maybe he shapeshifts the shadow demons into images of various characters, including Laurel, to mess with the Paragons. Rene and Dinah wouldn't work in this scenario because they have no connection to the Paragons so maybe they only show up in Part 5.

I really hope this ends with the Earths merged plus the paradise dimension. My hope is that the emphasis on the book and how dangerous it can be results in it simply being impossible to bring back the entire multiverse and we get the merge. I do think they're going to keep the part that only a select few will remember the original timeline and I think it will be the Paragons plus Oliver if he survives/comes back.

55 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Rene and Dinah wouldn't work in this scenario because they have no connection to the Paragons so maybe they only show up in Part 5.

See, the only thing I don't get about that is that why would they spend the extra money for those two to be paid the crossover rate if they are only in one episode and don't at least appear in their own show. At least with KM and DR if they aren't in the Arrow episode were in more than one episode besides that to earn that.

I do think they're going to keep the part that only a select few will remember the original timeline and I think it will be the Paragons plus Oliver if he survives/comes back.

It would have to be Clark, Lois, and Mia as well I guess too? Since they have their own shows. 

6 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

I like how they have Black Lightning there as if he didn't just get dusted. But I do like that he's in the marketing with the other leads.

1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

I really hope this ends with the Earths merged plus the paradise dimension. My hope is that the emphasis on the book and how dangerous it can be results in it simply being impossible to bring back the entire multiverse and we get the merge. I do think they're going to keep the part that only a select few will remember the original timeline and I think it will be the Paragons plus Oliver if he survives/comes back.

I expect some type of merging, but I don't really need it to happen. I might actually prefer some separate universes left. I don't see the point since I honestly don't think they will do more crossovers anyway - I'd love that, but they only seem to want to commit once a season.

32 minutes ago, Trini said:

Speaking of Clarks and Loises; I liked how, like Barry & Iris, they're together in every universe. Even E-1 Lois and E-96(?) Clark were feeling it!

Earth-90 Barry and Iris weren’t together.  That Barry was with Tina McGee.

21 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

They couldn't make Jefferson a paragon because Cress Williams probably wasn't available to film for more one episode. 

Wasn’t there something said about Black Lightning being added into the story kind of late in the game? Maybe I’m getting my stories mixed up, but I figured that’s probably why he wasn’t made one of the paragons.  But I agree that he definitely should have been.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Wasn’t there something said about Black Lightning being added into the story kind of late in the game? Maybe I’m getting my stories mixed up, but I figured that’s probably why he wasn’t made one of the paragons.  But I agree that he definitely should have been. 

Not sure if he was a late addition, but in one of MG's interviews, he talked about how Jefferson's part was smaller initially, assuming that it would be difficult to get Cress,, but BL's producers (rightfully) insisted that if he were going to be included, he should get a more substantial part and they'd do their best to accommodate. 

And yeah, I agree that he should have been a paragon. But for practical reasons, they went with characters played by actors already filming in Vancouver.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3

Seems Eric Wallace is hinting at some shifts for the Flash after the crossover.

As for what The Flash Season 6B will be like as a whole, in the wake of the “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover event (which concludes Tuesday, Jan. 14, with back-to-back episodes of Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow), Wallace has said, “When you watch the crossover, you’re going to feel those tectonic shifts, especially at the end. It’s not small. It’s a game changer in the same way that the ending of ‘Crisis’-the comic book was a game changer, and it opens up to a whole new world.”

https://tvline.com/2019/12/13/the-flash-season-6-episode-10-photo-iris-injured-after-crisis/

The Seven Paragons - admitted by MG to be a MacGuffin made up in the writers room - make no sense.

By the Monitor's own words,* the Paragons are the "highest... echelon" of heroes and are "beings of the purest will." Yet these seven are identified as the Paragons?! Also, why is Oliver Queen not a Paragon? Oliver fits the definition of the Paragon far better than some of the identified Paragons. I realize that Oliver was dead by this point and that they needed seven alive Paragons. But they should've had the Paragons defined differently, like, as special heroes or destined heroes, and not as the highest echelon of heroes or the ones with the purest will. 

(* The Monitor: "Among the many misconceptions that humanity holds dear is the fallacy that all beings are created equal. In truth, there are those that are greater. They are called heroes. But even among heroes, there are different echelons. The highest belong to those known as the Paragons. They are the only hope of all creation." The Monitor: "You have every reason not to lose hope. Seven, in fact. Across space and time... Across space and time exist seven heroes. ... Beings of the purest will who can ultimately defeat the Anti-Monitor. They are known as Paragons.")

Also, how can the seven symbols represent the seven Paragons if there's an arrowhead symbol and none of the identified Paragons are known for their archery skills? Maybe the creator of the symbols anticipated that Lex would replace Superman? Then the seven symbols could represent the six good Paragons plus Oliver. Or maybe it's just a coincidence that there are seven symbols and seven Paragons.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, tv echo said:

The Seven Paragons - admitted by MG to be a MacGuffin made up in the writers room - make no sense.

By the Monitor's own words,* the Paragons are the "highest... echelon" of heroes and are "beings of the purest will." Yet these seven are identified as the Paragons?! Also, why is Oliver Queen not a Paragon? Oliver fits the definition of the Paragon far better than some of the identified Paragons. I realize that Oliver was dead by this point and that they needed seven alive Paragons. But they should've had the Paragons defined differently, like, as special heroes or destined heroes, and not as the highest echelon of heroes or the ones with the purest will. 

Because they’re just making shit up as they go along-Despite having started working on this crossover a year ago!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, tv echo said:

2019 in Review: Best Couples, Worst Breakup, Lamest Reboot Idea, Wasted Guest Stars, Fiercest Feuds and More
By Team TVLine / December 13 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/12/13/tv-shows-2019-best-worst-moments-arrow-fleabag-euphoria/

https://tvline.com/gallery/2019-best-worst-tv-moments-photos/crisis-on-infinite-earths-part-two-2/

Not to mention undoing his arc in the final season when he FINALLY stopped whining and embraced his destiny. Even though he didn’t EARN IT.

Bitter? Who, me?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, way2interested said:

Cress is at least back for LoT, which is why I originally thought that he was a paragon in the first place XD

I'm assuming nearly everyone will make some type of appearance in the fifth hour. (They've got a month to figure out how to edit Emily Rickards in there...)

Edited by Trini
curses! typos quoted again!
7 minutes ago, Trini said:

I'm assuming nearly everyone will make some type appearance in the fifth hour. (They've got a month to figure out how to edit Emily Rickards in there...)

The fighting ones, yeah (like Rene, Dinah, Nia who haven't really done much but were seen in final battles in filming, etc.), but I don't think the non-fighters will show up (ex: Iris is only in 2 episodes so no appearance in LoT for her it seems, so likely no Felicity in it either) but who knows?

I would just wonder what the rest of the characters are doing in the episode, since Black Lightning, Oliver, Mia, the rest of the Legends besides Ray and Sara aren't in that big battle shot.

Mostly Arrow talk, but some COIE comments toward the end of this interview...

DCN Podcast Exclusive Interview With Marc Guggenheim
Joshua Raynor   December 13, 2019
https://dccomicsnews.com/2019/12/13/dcn-podcast-exclusive-interview-with-marc-guggenheim/

-- On the COIE crossover, MG: "I'm still, you know, fighting fights for things in Hours 4 and 5, um, that air in January." He added that he was "incredibly stubborn" and burned or strained some relationships along the way. He said that they had a lot of limitations, particularly financial limitations. 

-- MG also talked about how the COIE tie-in comics happened and why (to cover "characters and concepts" that they couldn't do on TV for logistical or financial reasons). On the comics that he co-wrote with Marv Wolfman, MG: "We ended up doing two stories. One is sort of the quote-unquote main story, um, basically fills in a significant piece of back story from, you know, Hour Two. Um, but also a back-up story that basically was just something that, you know, struck Marv and I as just, uh... to do a story about as many Lex Luthors as we could include, uh, you know, fighting against as many Supermen and Superwomen as we could include. And that was really, really satisfying." MG said that the tie-in comics were "an enjoyable companion piece."

-- Regarding his previous tweet about working on a secret project for DC Comics, MG said that he was talking about the COIE tie-in comics.

-- MG: "There are still plenty of surprises still left to come."

Edited by tv echo

What parameters are the CW/WB using to determine if the crossover is a success or not? I know the CW doesn’t really care about ratings and the “crossover bump” this year doesn’t really seem much higher than other years, so I don’t know how many new viewers were brought in. I’m just curious how they judge the ROI and how that could affect things moving forward.

• Love 1

COIE took 6 of the top 25 moments this week...

Here Are 25 Of The Most Unforgettable TV Moments From This Week
Nora Dominick   Dec. 13, 2019
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-moments-of-week-12-13-19

4. On Supergirl, during "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part One," Oliver heartbreakingly died after sacrificing himself to save billions of innocent people on Earth-38 before it was destroyed.
sub-buzz-4291-1576253788-4.jpg?downsize= *  *  *
5. On Batwoman, during "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Two," we visited Earth-167 and got to see what Smallville's Clark and Lois have been up to since the series ended in 2011.
sub-buzz-4251-1576255073-1.jpg?downsize=
6. Also on Batwoman, Lois, Clark, and Iris visited Metropolis on Earth-96 to convince that version of Clark to return with them and help save the multiverse as a Paragon of Truth.
sub-buzz-4291-1576255752-8.jpg?downsize=
7. On The Flash, during "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Three," Mia, Diggle, and Constantine visited Lucifer from Lucifer on Earth-666 in order to get into purgatory and bring back Oliver's soul.
sub-buzz-4403-1576257220-14.jpg?downsize
8. Also on The Flash, The Flash from Earth-90 sacrificed himself to save Barry from disappearing during "Crisis on Infinite Earths."
sub-buzz-4253-1576255863-1.jpg?downsize=
9. And "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Three" ended with Supergirl, The Flash, Sara, Batwoman, J'onn J'onzz, Ryan Choi, and Lex Luthor being transported to the Vanishing Point while everyone else disappeared.
sub-buzz-4308-1576257985-5.jpg?downsize=

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

A couple of reviews discussing the first three hours of COIE...

The CW blew up its DC multiverse, and it couldn’t have happened at a better time
Sam Barsanti   Dec. 12, 2019
https://tv.avclub.com/the-cw-blew-up-its-dc-multiverse-and-it-couldn-t-have-1840373369 

The Arrowverse, for as much fun as it produces for The CW ever week, has grown into a bit of a mess. That can happen to any single genre show that’s been on the air for years, but the Arrowverse consists of five genre shows (plus Arrowverse-adjacent Black Lightning, which mingled with its network companions for the first time via Crisis), each with their own mythology. ...
To make it all a little more confusing, this season saw the launch of Batwoman, a spin-off of last year’s Elseworlds crossover. ... It only matters because these shows have insisted that it matters, jumping through hoops to explain why Supergirl can or cannot join the other heroes from time to time or by making a point to give characters on The Flash the ability to hop over to parallel Earths.

If you want to follow more than one of these shows—and the whole point of crossovers like Crisis is incentivizing you to do just that—you have to at least be aware of important distinctions like where in the multiverse each series takes place. You should also know the history between Earth-2 Laurel Lance and Earth-1 The Flash, why Flash gets in trouble for messing with time while the Legends regularly travel into the past, or how the Batman of Earth-38 (who’s never been seen on Supergirl) has nothing to do with the Batman of Earth-1, the primary setting of Arrow, The Flash, and Batwoman.

But here’s the good news: That’s all gone now! Most of those people and planets have been wiped out by a wave of antimatter, and The CW has the opportunity to reshape its universe in a way that makes a little more sense. ...
.... There’s bound to be some kind of reset at the end, since literally everyone everywhere is dead except for the villain and the seven survivors, but it would be strange if we went through five hours of superhero action just to bring everything back exactly how it was before. (Though that’s not exactly unheard of…) ....

The Clock Tower: ‘Crisis on Infinite Earths’ is Off to a Bonkers, Heart-Wrenching Start
Amelia Emberwing   Dec. 13, 2019
https://www.slashfilm.com/crisis-on-infinite-earths-recap/ 

Crisis’s biggest surprise so far was killing Oliver Queen right out the gate. It was clever, really. If there’s no way to avoid everyone knowing what you’re about to do, move up your timeline! The Green Arrow’s sacrifice was heavy, but it was also extremely in character. Oh, and saved approximately one billion additional people. No big! 

As always, it was the interaction between Mia and Oliver that hit the hardest. He uses his dying breath to remind her to find William and Felicity, that he loves her, and to keep him in her heart. There’s another small moment in this scene that really stands out, but it’s not delivered by Oliver. 

Barry Allen has never met his niece, Mia Smoak. There’s a brief introduction and then a lot of, well, trying to save the universe. After Oliver takes his last breath, you see Barry lay a hand on Mia’s shoulder. It’s not a focus. There’s no “moment” where the two share devastated looks. It’s simply a small comfort between two people who’ve just lost a family member. Whoever wrote it in should absolutely pat themselves on the back. 
Seeing Routh back in the cape was a highlight that didn’t rest on its laurels. There might have been nostalgia driving the excitement, but no one phoned in this version of Superman. He’s got a little bit more wrath, just as he should, and a whole lot of heartache. Most importantly, he’s got Brandon Routh’s love for the character. Some folks might say that such a thing doesn’t matter, but it’s hard to agree with them when you watch the heroes of this universe. Whether it’s the big or the small, it’s clear that all of it means a great deal to them. Also? Routh busted his butt to get back in Supes shape! Yeah, there’s some air brushing on that suit, but take a look at his bicep as Ray Palmer. He absolutely put in the work here.
There were a couple of things in Crisis that just didn’t work for me. Unfortunately, Barry Allen’s entire arc is one of them. Barry’s story was even more predictable than Oliver’s, but there was no surprise moment that helped add to the lack of tension. Our Barry is fine, Earth 90’s Barry is gone, and a half-season worth of “build up” played out exactly as everyone assumed. John Wesley Shipp is the best and having to watch his Flash die was rough, but it felt like the moment was robbed of any real weight because of how much we all knew was about to happen. 
-Um, Oliver might become Spectre!
-Lex Luthor. Oh boy. Cryer’s always been pretty solid in the role, but man did he solidify just how absolutely deplorable he is in Crisis.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

A couple of reviews discussing the first three hours of COIE...

The CW blew up its DC multiverse, and it couldn’t have happened at a better time
Sam Barsanti   Dec. 12, 2019
https://tv.avclub.com/the-cw-blew-up-its-dc-multiverse-and-it-couldn-t-have-1840373369 

My hunch is that they've pretty much laid out that the Book of Destiny will end up being used to bring back something, but my hunch is that because of the cost it will be limited to a single Earth (or a handful at most) and so to save as many people as possible, they bring back a composite Earth/Universe instead of just Earth-1 or Earth-2 or Earth-38.

One of the comments in that article though sparked a thought about how Batwoman's continuity for Batman flies in the face of the Arrowverse's "Oliver was the first" continuity and it got me thinking.

Admittedly this could be lack of sleep, too much mindless work being done and a need to keep my brain occupied... so it could be way too far out there... but...

(I'm putting the set-up reasoning under spoiler tags because some of it relates to casting news about in development shows that will be spinning out of the Crisis).

Spoiler

First, Green Arrow & The Canaries is set in 2040.

Second, the casting calls for Superman & Lois seem to indicate that their son will be a teenager, indicating that it will occur 13+ years into the future.

Third is tenuous, but Kate is referred to as the Bat of the Future by the Monitor.

So I'm wondering if part of getting everything to fit properly after Crisis if its all one world isn't going to involve a bit timeline re-arrangement so that Arrow is first, and things like the start of Batman and Superman's careers happens after that, thereby pushing the events of Supergirl (complete with aliens and VR contact lenses) and Batwoman into our future and closer to 2040.

Say Ollie still starts c. 2012 and Barry in 2014, but Batman and Superman don't start until 2019. Supergirl arrives as a 13 year old in 2024 and begins her career in 2035. Batman disappears in 2036 and Kate becomes Batwoman in 2039.

Even as I type that out it really does sound silly... but then we're dealing with multiple series based off a comic universe known for blowing up and rebooting its universe every couple of years so who even knows.

Still more interesting to think about than swapping out parts every two minutes for 14 hours straight due to the Christmas rush.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Chris24601 said:

My hunch is that they've pretty much laid out that the Book of Destiny will end up being used to bring back something, but my hunch is that because of the cost it will be limited to a single Earth (or a handful at most) and so to save as many people as possible, they bring back a composite Earth/Universe instead of just Earth-1 or Earth-2 or Earth-38.

One of the comments in that article though sparked a thought about how Batwoman's continuity for Batman flies in the face of the Arrowverse's "Oliver was the first" continuity and it got me thinking.

Admittedly this could be lack of sleep, too much mindless work being done and a need to keep my brain occupied... so it could be way too far out there... but...

(I'm putting the set-up reasoning under spoiler tags because some of it relates to casting news about in development shows that will be spinning out of the Crisis).

Reveal spoiler

First, Green Arrow & The Canaries is set in 2040.

Second, the casting calls for Superman & Lois seem to indicate that their son will be a teenager, indicating that it will occur 13+ years into the future.

Third is tenuous, but Kate is referred to as the Bat of the Future by the Monitor.

So I'm wondering if part of getting everything to fit properly after Crisis if its all one world isn't going to involve a bit timeline re-arrangement so that Arrow is first, and things like the start of Batman and Superman's careers happens after that, thereby pushing the events of Supergirl (complete with aliens and VR contact lenses) and Batwoman into our future and closer to 2040.

Say Ollie still starts c. 2012 and Barry in 2014, but Batman and Superman don't start until 2019. Supergirl arrives as a 13 year old in 2024 and begins her career in 2035. Batman disappears in 2036 and Kate becomes Batwoman in 2039.

Even as I type that out it really does sound silly... but then we're dealing with multiple series based off a comic universe known for blowing up and rebooting its universe every couple of years so who even knows.

Still more interesting to think about than swapping out parts every two minutes for 14 hours straight due to the Christmas rush.

Oliver hasn't been the first for years. The JSA existed along with multiple Vixens. He just influenced a lot of people along the way.

• Love 5
Spoiler

In the tie in comics Wally, her own brother died saving Barry. 

Honestly knowing what happens in the tie-in comics they should have made changed to how Iris was reacting to all the deaths. It should have more of an impact. 

The first tie-in comic, Crisis on Infinite Earths Giant #1, is supposed to go on sale exclusively in "participating Walmart stores" today (Dec. 15). I went to my local Walmart store this morning and they didn't have it. I even checked Walmart's online system and it wasn't in there. Has anyone found this issue in their Walmart store?

FYI - I might have to wait until Jan. 15 to get a copy...

Of course, both Amazon and Barnes & Noble will be selling a hardcover "deluxe edition" of both COIE Giant #1 and #2 issues on June 16, 2020, if you don't mind waiting that long.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Detailed spoilers about the first COIE tie-in comic from this ComicBook article:

Spoiler

In case you couldn't tell by the headline and first paragraph, this is going to be a pretty spoiler-filled breakdown of a key plot element in Crisis on Infinite Earths 100-Page Giant #1, out today in Walmart and available in comic book shops on January 15. So turn back now if you're shy about that kind of thing.

In the first issue of the two-part Crisis on Infinite Earths tie-in comic book from writers Marc Guggenheim and Marv Wolfman and artists Tom Grummett and Tom Derenick, what fans will see is pretty standard "Crisis' stuff. More familiar Earths -- this time from worlds that the showrunner likely could not use, or would not be able to properly translate, on TV -- are snuffed out by an antimatter wave as Pariah looks on. A group of heroes is assembled and, since this is taking place in between parts one and two of the story, Felicity Smoak takes point on trying to figure out who the seven Paragons are.

Fans also get to see how Felicity discovers that her husband is dead, and confronts The Monitor about it. Harbinger/Lyla Michaels admits that she has not yet informed John Diggle about Oliver's death, and Barry Allen/The Flash is there to give Felicity a supportive shoulder. But none of this is the moment that Arrowverse fans are likely to be buzzing about after the issue is over.

As part of the story, The Monitor sends a group of heroes -- The Atom, Batwoman, The Ray, The Flash, Kid Flash, Nyssa al Ghul, and Harbinger -- to seek out Outkast, the antimatter universe doppelganger of Pariah (and a character with no direct corollary in the comics, as far as we could find). They trail him through the multiverse, finally catching up to him on Earth-D, a world created by Wolfman and the late artist Paul Ryan in Legends of the DC Universe: Crisis on Infinite Earths in 1999. It's there that Outkast takes aim at Barry Allen, but before The Flash can be struck down, Wally West runs in front of Outkast's antimatter beam, vanishing into thin air and seemingly dying. Certainly that's the way Barry reacts, and at no point for the rest of the issue does anyone say anything to suggest that there is an alternative working theory.
Either way, it will be another month before the second half of the tie-in comic is on Walmart shelves, and in the meantime, we'll have to keep Wally in our hearts.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

In case you're counting...

Spoiler

That's three people who have died (so far) in this crossover alone in order to save E1 Barry's life:

1. Oliver Queen
  2. Wally West
  3. E90 Flash
Edited by tv echo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

More spoilers about the first tie-in comic, COIE Giant #1, from ComicBook.com here and here...

Spoiler

In today's Crisis on Inifnite Earths 100-Page Giant #1, Arrowverse fans got their first official look at some of the DC characters who have long been off the table for shows like Arrow, The Flash, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow. The issue not only brought the red skies of the Crisis to an all-too-familiar world from the comics and one from the world of animation, but to Earth-76, where a character who is unmistakably the '70s TV Wonder Woman -- yes, the version played by Lynda Carter form 1975 until 1979 -- appears. The character makes her appearance, transforming from Diana Prince into Wonder Woman in the same way she would have done on TV -- in the heat of battle.

As a group of heroes headed up by Pariah chase down Outkast -- Pariah's antimatter-universe doppelganger -- through the multiverse, Earth-76 is just one of their stops along the way. Wonder Woman suits up and heads into action, saving a group of innocent bystanders endangered by the battle between Pariah and Outkast as well as the red skies that spell doom for their world.

Of course, it's "Crisis," and so neither she nor Earth-76 last very long, and they are blinked out of existence as a wall of antimatter erodes their reality to nothing. Still, for the first real appearance by Wonder Woman in the Arrowverse to be Carter's is a kick.
crisis-infinite-earths-lynda-carter-wond

She isn't the only Wonder Woman seen in the issue -- there's a picture of the New 52 Justice League on a Metropolis jumbotron on the comic's first page, and later fans can spot the Wonder Woman of Earth-D -- but Carter's is the one that has something to do with the plot.

Spoiler

After a brief period of massive commercial success, DC Comics's 2011 reboot -- their publishing initiative "The New 52" -- has been a punching bag for fans and critics for years. And now, an Earth that closely resembles it has been wiped from reality in the opening pages of today's Crisis on Infinite Earths 100-Page Giant #1 from writers Marv Wolfman and Marc Guggenheim and artists Tom Derenick and Tom Grummett. As the issue opens, Pariah appears on an Earth where a giant billboard in Metropolis's Heroes Square depicts the Justice League -- in what appears to be an alternate angle from the famous Justice League #1 image by Jim Lee.

In case there was any doubt that the parallel was intentional, the Earth he lands on is designated Earth-N52. On the comic's second page, it is wiped from existence.
crisis-on-infinite-earths-earth-n52-1199 

There's more to this interview, so you may wish to read the entire thing...

How Brandon Routh Returned as Superman for Crisis on Infinite Earths
Mike Cecchini  Dec 11, 2019
https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/dc-entertainment/284914/how-brandon-routh-returned-as-superman-for-crisis-on-infinite-earths 

On a lighter note, what was it like sharing screen time with yourself as Ray Palmer?
It was cool. It was a very kind of weird and introspective process... Basically we see Clark in that one episode, it's Clark, but he's Superman in that scene. He's not Clark Kent. He's Superman in Clark's clothing, opposite Ray. So there's a difference. So I wanted to make sure physically there was a difference and I kind of worried that Ray and Clark were too similar.

But going back and playing Clark again, I see that there are similarities, but they're not as closely related as I kind of remembered in my mind. Ray is really actually goofier than Clark, because I never played Clark goofy. I just played him excited. Excited about life. Ray is a little bit quirky and goofy and sometimes can be very goofy and quirky. So it was a nice exploration into finding the differences between the characters. 

• Love 2