Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

So, so weird this crossover.

I wonder if 1990 Flash shows up in Flash's 100th, and that leads to the Elseworlds story?

Well, now if Justin Hartley Green Arrow doesn't appear, I'll be disappointed (from my already low expectations).

And where is Batwoman in all this BTS news?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Second of all, I just can't take GG seriously in the GA suit. 

Maybe they should have gone with the Bronze Age Robin Hood outfit with the feathered tricorner hat and bare arms.  It might have suited him better.

And JWS in his old foam-filled Flash suit.  So help me, if they CG Adam West in as Batman I will break out in tears.  (Yes, I know that's highly unlikely as Fox owns that show.)

6 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

First of all, YES JOHN WESLEY SHIPP!

Second of all, I just can't take GG seriously in the GA suit. 

The old school Shipp suit looks better.  Sorry SA.  (Though he wins for best butt buy a buttload, pun intended)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Trini said:

So, so weird this crossover.

I wonder if 1990 Flash shows up in Flash's 100th, and that leads to the Elseworlds story?

Well, now if Justin Hartley Green Arrow doesn't appear, I'll be disappointed (from my already low expectations).

And where is Batwoman in all this BTS news?

As a fan of the show, I've been hoping for a long time that we'd get to see the 1990 Flash appear.  Hopefully that will be a case.

• Love 1

I saw some set pics of Brainy and Martian Manhunters stunt double on set. So it looks like James, Brainy and J'onn will all be in the crossover. Still haven't see any of Supergirl's female supporting cast or Batwoman. 

Edited by Oreo2234

Live with Arrow's Emily Bett | Wednesday 12:30pm PST
Oct 24, 2018, by Entertainment Tonight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNnOlCKm40w

-- Leanne Aguilera: "You're sitting with me now while a lot of your co-stars are filming the crossover. Is Felicity in the crossover?" EBR: "She is in the crossover. I just happen to be here for the day."

-- LA: "What were your thoughts when you found out that Oliver and Barry are body-switching?" EBR: "So, my mouth, like, fell on the floor and then I had to, like, surgically get it put back on... I'm getting a lot of behind-the-scene footage." She then talked about how SA's GA stunt double, Will, was wearing the Flash suit, and he told her that people treated him differently when he wore the different suits: "The Flash suit, people want to hug me. The Arrow suit, they want to punch me... You get so hurt in the Arrow suit... I put on this one, people are like, 'I want to cuddle.'" She thought that GG looked "dope" in the Green Arrow suit.

-- EBR said that Ruby Rose is on set, but she hasn't shared any scenes with her. She also said that "Cassandra Jean" (SA's wife) is on set, "which is very exciting for me."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
Video of yesterday's PeopleTV interview with EBR (posted on youtube by deathofradiance):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-23dab2ocnI

-- On whether we'll get any Felicity/Batwoman interaction in the crossover, EBR: "One can dream, everyone. One can dream. Um, I have yet to work with Ruby. Um, but we've gotten to hang, so that's great. I'm so excited for her character. So excited for her to be on the show. Um, crossover's coming up. Things get intense. We've seen some switches. We've seen some swaps."

Edited by tv echo

WATCH: Explosions and superheroes at Surrey Civic Plaza for ‘crossover’ TV series shoot
TOM ZILLICH  Oct. 24, 2018 10:03 a.m.
https://www.surreynowleader.com/entertainment/watch-explosions-and-superheroes-at-surrey-civic-plaza-for-crossover-tv-series-shoot/

Some superheroes went to work on the plaza outside Surrey city hall this week.

Caped DC Comics characters from The Flash, Arrow and Supergirl filmed scenes there on Monday and Tuesday, for a “crossover” show Elseworlds produced for The CW network.

The action included special stunts, pyrotechnics, moving vehicles and a large number of background performers, according to a “Notice of Filming” sent to neighbours in the area.

“The special pyrotechnic effects will be loud bangs that will happen roughly 12 times per shooting day,” warned the notice, dated Oct. 17.

According to a separate notice from producers of the show, filming will be done outside Gate C of BC Place Stadium in Vancouver on Tuesday, Oct. 30, for “stunt fighting sequences” from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Edited by tv echo

Arkham Asylum? We know that Jeremy Davies is playing a doctor who works there...

From my summary of crossover spoilers:

-- In The CW's DC crossover, Jeremy Davies will play John Deegan, a doctor at Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane in Gotham City, who might just be crazier than the inmates he treats. His machinations will draw Green Arrow (SA), The Flash (GG) and Supergirl (MB) to Gotham City. (Sep. 20, 2018 The Hollywood Reporter, TVLine and Deadline articles, page 2 of DCTV Crossover 2018 thread in LoT forum)

On 10/25/2018 at 8:42 AM, SmallScreenDiva said:

Has Stephen promoted other crossovers this much? Seems like he's got a tweet about it every single day. 

The costume swap really seemed to pump him up.  

On 10/25/2018 at 9:33 AM, Angel12d said:

Gotta be honest here. There is nothing about this crossover that remotely interests me. Just seems like a load of men and characters I don’t care about. 

This is how I feel too. This one seems more geared towards comics then a crossover between the characters we know. I like seeing the characters I've been watching for all these years interact with each other not a bunch of a new character and alternate versions. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, MarkHB said:

My speculation: Doctor Deegan is actually John Dee, aka Doctor Destiny, and this is a series of dreamscapes.

Ooooh, that could be seriously cool.  I still get chills thinking of the one Sandman story where Dee went into a diner and murdered everyone there over a 24-hour period.  Creepy as fuck.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, johntfs said:

Ooooh, that could be seriously cool.  I still get chills thinking of the one Sandman story where Dee went into a diner and murdered everyone there over a 24-hour period.  Creepy as fuck.

I loved what Destiny's Materioptikon turned out to be (I'll omit the spoiler, go read The Sandman! )

I also just realized last night that the tagline on the poster is, "Destiny will be rewritten."

On 10/27/2018 at 9:47 AM, Sakura12 said:

This is how I feel too. This one seems more geared towards comics then a crossover between the characters we know.

I think that in general, the crossovers tend to be aimed towards those of us who watch the shows more for superhero action-adventure (or because we love the comics) than for character drama.

I think that in general, the crossovers tend to be aimed towards those of us who watch the shows more for superhero action-adventure (or because we love the comics) than for character drama.

Crossovers are a tricky thing.  You generally don't want to do anything too substantial (for example, a major change to a character's status quo should be restricted to that character's show) and one of the main hopes is to expand the audience while not making it so continuity heavy that any potential new viewers will be lost.  In this one it's also trying to drum up interest in Batwoman - that't not going to happen if there are a lot of scenes devoted to Ollie/Felicity, Barry/Iris, etc. talking about their various issues.

The very first crossover with Arrow's cast going to Central City and participating in the Flash's show and then their cast coming to participate on Arrow's show, I still think most fondly on that for character interaction.  But it's like they decided they could save that kind of team-ups for smaller crossovers (Though it feels like they stopped taking advantage of them. for anything more than cameos) and treat the crossover as an action figure battle complete with some drama but leaving what makes each show unique out of it (and mostly what makes the shows unique are the characters)  

• Love 6

Off my earlier topic, but I'm buying into the LoT people deciding ahead of time that they didn't want to be in the crossover less and less.  Looking at the bit of the script that we know and knowing how soon the showrunners actually come up with the main ideas for the crossover (usually before the previous season is ever over) I don't see where they could have fit the Legends in. I suspect they got shoved out of the way for Superman, Lois Lane and Gotham City characters.  Of course, if that's the truth, it's going to be years before it comes out as such.    

• Love 3

I think the problem is that just because it seems to be geared towards comics or at least superhero/action/adventure aspects this year, there's still the possibility of them resolving issues for the characters--but not necessarily during their show's hour. Remember when they resolved Barry and Cisco's issue during the LoT hour a couple years ago? They had Barry and Iris and Oliver and Felicity get married on LoT last year.

So, they seem to want the crossover to stand on its own, yet they also want people to tune in to every part of it even if just one scene applies to their show. 

From Comic Book Central's podcast interview with MG...

#249: Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow writer/producer/showrunner Marc Guggenheim
Comic Book Central   October 27, 2018
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/comicbookcentral/2018/10/27/249-arrow-and-legends-of-tomorrow-writerproducershowrunner-marc-guggenheim

-- On the "Elseworlds" crossover, MG: "No one knows what we're doing yet... It's a different kind of story than what people are expecting... I saw a couple of things today in the editing rooms that literally like people are going to go nuts about. What I love about this year's crossover is that it's, you know - the last two years, it was, you know, parallel Earths, Nazis, and it was alien invasion, and really, you know, huge big stuff. And this stuff, for a variety of reasons, we intentionally decided to go a bit smaller. But there's more - I think there's more 'I can't believe they did this' comic book fan, you know, wonderful stuff that, um - than we've had in the previous four years combined."

Edited by tv echo