Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

Stephen Amell was live.
October 12, 2018

-- SA: "I'm in the middle of filming the crossover right now. I am filming Supergirl with nobody from the Supergirl cast and, uh, I'm drinking out of a Flash canteen."

-- On whether he has any input regarding the crossover this year, SA: "Yes. I'm going to swear, if you're watching with children, last warning. The crossover is f**kin' bananas. It's crazy. I am four days into it, although technically I'm like nine days into it because my week started last week and was really compressed, even though I was really just working on Arrow. But this week I was Tuesday on The Flash, Wednesday on The Flash, Thursday on The Flash and Arrow, and today on Supergirl.... But, I think that this will be the best crossover event that we do. And not just the best, but the best by a really, really wide margin. And I think that last year was really fantastic, like Crisis on Earth-X - I think that's what it was called - um, that was pretty crazy and getting to play doppelgangers was pretty crazy. But, um, you know, when Greg Berlanti first talked to me about why he wanted to do crossovers, it was because it's for the fans. Like, it's so that people can watch, um, characters and scenarios that combine their favorite things on TV or introduce them to new things on TV. But you also just get this license to do things that you could never do in the vacuum - especially on Arrow - that we could never do in the vacuum of just our show. Um, and I know that we have some crossover surprises and some things that are going to hit the media. Um, it was supposed to be late - later, like, this week, but now I think it's going to be early next week."

-- SA: "I had the coolest day on set yesterday because, on the one hand, I was very, very happy and excited for David Ramsey and, on the other hand, I saw something with my own two eyes, uh, standing right in front of me, that I just thought I'd never see. And, Melissa was doing Kevin Bacon Footloose dance moves in her Supergirl costume. And, she, Grant and I had a walk-and-talk scene that reminded me very much of The West Wing, and probably got the say the coolest thing that I've ever got to say on the show, just in terms of something that made me smile. Um, and, uh, all three of us high-fived after the scene, and I immediately decided that it was like a top five moment in the history of doing the show for me, which is exciting, because I've been doing it for 15 years now."

-- SA: "Also, this is not my bandanna. I said that - I was just on instagram live a second ago - I said this was not my bandanna over there, but I want to make sure everyone knows, it really is not my bandanna over here."

-- SA said that he would miss the Legends not being involved in the crossover, especially because "Caity Lotz is one of my OGs." SA then said: "But then, concurrently, it's just so exciting to expand the universe with, uh, Ruby, who looks phenomenal as Batwoman. I'm so excited to work with her. I haven't worked with her yet. Um, she and I have been trading messages (Makes finger gestures like he's texting) - that's how I trade messages. I'm excited to work with Tyler, who I've never worked with. That's going to be happening next week. And I'm very, very excited that, um, my wife is going to be, um - well, I can't tell you where she's going to be, but, um, it's - I'm very, very excited to have her on the show."

-- SA: "Marc Guggenheim this year actually took over for the crossovers and basically wrote all three scripts, which I thought was a fantastic idea, because it gave one person the chance on building the throughline, because, you know, the first hour is Flash and the second hour is Arrow and the third hour is Supergirl, but that's in names - name only. It might as well be Elseworlds, Hour 1, 2 and 3, because the crossover starts - just because it starts on the Flash doesn't mean it starts in Central City - although I think it does. I did, however, pitch, and it ended up in the script, the very first scene that you are going to see in the crossover, which is really funny. It's really, really funny."

-- On whose bandanna is it, SA: "It's my wardrobe. Bananas. The crossover is bananas."

-- SA: "[Tyler Hoechlin's Superman] has a really significant role in this year's crossover."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, tv echo said:

"Marc Guggenheim this year actually took over for the crossovers and basically wrote all three scripts, which I thought was a fantastic idea, because it gave one person the chance on building the throughline,

UGHHH.

Way to dampen what little enthusiasm I had. Well, at least I've been warned.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

With Guggenheim writing the three scripts then there's no hope for Flash fans. My enthusiasm was already at 0 when I saw that 'Original Team STAR Labs' were the only ones on the Arrow set.

• Love 2

Katie Cassidy, Rick Gonzalez talk Arrow season 7, Ruby Rose's Batwoman
By Matt Juul  October 12, 2018  
https://www.metro.us/entertainment/tv/arrow-season-7-batwoman

Ahead of the Arrow season 7 premiere on Monday, star Katie Cassidy has only one piece of advice for newcomer Ruby Rose, who's set to play Batwoman in this year's crossover event with Supergirl and The Flash. "Girl, get it. That’s all I have to say," says Cassidy. "Good for you girl. Freaking get it."
"I’m hoping Wild Dog gets to interact with Batwoman," says Gonzalez. "I remember my first crossover, I got to interact with Supergirl and the Flash. Just to see Wild Dog right there in the mix with them was iconic for me in my mind."
"If Wild Dog can throw some jabs at Superman, then my bucket list is done," jokes Gonzalez. "Well maybe not done, but it’ll be up there."

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Sorry, don't know how to delete the quote box on my phone. 

Is SA's above photo connected to the crossover or a structure (a stadium?) that's supposed to be finished next year? 

I'm pretty sure that's the Rams' and Chargers' new stadium, scheduled to open next year.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, shantown said:

The best part is when he didn't know who Ralph Dibney was ?? 

Oh, it's going to be fun seeing him interact with Ralph if Ralph is part of this year's crossover, since Ralph is only just now wrapping his head around the concepts of time travel and the multiverse.  I can see Oliver having ZERO use for Ralph, since you know he doesn't suffer fools gladly!

• Love 2
On 10/13/2018 at 6:41 PM, johntfs said:

I wasn't really planning to see this, but I'll try to tape it to see if Bitsie Tulloch as Lois gets to shoot somebody or smash an animal-based villain in the face with a frying pan.

I wasn’t planning on watching it either, with no Legends in the mix, but...I do like Tyler Hoechlin’s Superman, and Bitsie Tulloch as Lois has me intrigued.  I’ll probably wait for reactions, though, before deciding whether to watch or not.

That’s what I’m hoping for. I can’t decide if I think an Earth Prime character will cross over or if none will and we’ll just have the Elseworlds versions. Then, when I do lean towards a character crossing over, I can’t make up my mind as to if it’s going to be Kara or Oliver. 

That suit looks fantastic. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, way2interested said:

CW gets the black suit Superman before the DCEU did

The suit does look good (although the black original in the comics dispensed with the cape).  So far as the movies go, the black suit did exist... he just chose the blue.

Arrow boss teases lighter crossover ...

“This one doesn’t feel quite as dark as last season’s,” Schwartz told EW at the CW’s fall launch party Saturday. “Obviously there were Nazis last season. I definitely think there’s a lot more fun to be had in the crossover this year.”

Schwartz went on to explain how former Arrow showrunner Marc Guggenheim, who is consulting on the show this season, has taken the lead on the crossover. “I’m now calling him — I coined this term — the ‘showrunner of the crossover episodes,’” she said. “He’s been huge, huge in the crossovers, and he’s really on point for those episodes and they’re going to be amazing.”

The back of their jackets say Trigger Twins. I googled it and the Trigger Twins are DC comic characters. A pair of brothers sporting western themes attire. They were first introduced as heroes but more recently seen as villains in Gotham. 

• Love 2

I still have no idea what's going on, BUT I can still theorize.  Either Oliver crosses over and goes undercover with the T-Birds OR the Elseworlds Oliver is already undercover. 

I do think that James, Cisco, and Barry are all the Elseworlds versions and watching them be bad should be fun.

Huh. It looks like SA can't pull off red. Still, potentially fun concept.

12 hours ago, Chaser said:

The back of their jackets say Trigger Twins. I googled it and the Trigger Twins are DC comic characters. A pair of brothers sporting western themes attire. They were first introduced as heroes but more recently seen as villains in Gotham. 

I hope that means they use synchronized finger guns as their salute.

• Love 3

This has to mean that in this Elseworld Barry Allen is the Green Arrow and Oliver Queen is the Flash. No, no, no to SA playing Barry Allen and GG playing Oliver Queen. It would get unnecessarily complicated.

They can also mantain the same personalities. A more serious, grumpy Flash and a dorky Green Arrow.

I'm not interested in CP playing Flash's love and EBR playing Green Arrow's for various reasons. Someone on Twitter mentioned Iris being this universe's Black Canary and now I'm sad because I know it's not happening.

Edited by Starry
15 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Imagining Grant trying to growl “you have failed this city” makes me laugh and laugh.

“You have failed *cough* this *cough cough* city....sorry that was a bit low. Hurts the vocal cords.”

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Starry said:

No, no, no to SA playing Barry Allen and GG playing Oliver Queen. It would get unnecessarily complicated.

Actually....didn’t one of SA’s recent tweets indicate that this is in fact the case?

9 minutes ago, adora721 said:

Is this legit?

Unless someone in production is doing a masterful and expensive job of trolling Stephen Amell, yes.  And, since Amell's tweet specifically said, "My name is Barry Allen, and I am the fastest man alive," I'd say that they are, in fact, playing the opposite characters.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

SA just proves how much you need a strong jawline to make that suit look good.

Yeah, GG face just gets lost in the hood, like a little kid playing dress up.  SA in the red cowl with the beard looks so strange.  I wonder if this is why Barry ends up with a suit with no chin thing for a while, so the it was easier to keep Oliver's scruff for filming concurrently on Arrow while doing the crossover.  

45 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Imagining Grant trying to growl “you have failed this city” makes me laugh and laugh.

Imagine Barry Allen surviving on Lian Yu, lol.  

11 minutes ago, adora721 said:

Is this legit?

I legitimately couldn't stop laughing when I first saw it. Big, loud, belly laughs that kept on coming for a full minute.  I will say though, I bet the skin-tight suit looks AMAZING on SA.  Oh dear, I just got a mental image of him pretending to run in place.  HAhahaahahahahaha!

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

Bahahahahaha *deep breath* hahahahaha

Does this mean Iris gets Oliver? Her dream!

HA!  Now I really want that!  CP would pull it off so well.  And GG and EBR of course have that great chemistry.  That said, I more expect them just to travel with their own swapped teams.  So Oliver would still have Felicity's voice on coms.  (I hope they keep his name, Oliver and not Barry during the crossover even if he's the Flash)

Maybe Diggle would work with Argus as a kind of resource Team Flash could tap into.  Oh wait, he's probably some other superhero too.  It would make a funny shout out if he was Black Lightning though I'd prefer fulfilling DR's Green Lantern fantasies.  

• Love 2

From this interview with Danielle Panabaker:

Danielle, what are you most excited about, with the upcoming crossover?

PANABAKER:  I was saying to Beth Schwartz that I’m excited about this crossover because it feels a little bit more like the first one we did. It’s going back to a much smaller cast of characters doing the crossovers this time, going from show to show. There’s really not that many of us. It’s nice. It actually feels a little nostalgic. And the shows have new characters, so I get to travel and play on other shows.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

I just notice the caption on the poster "Destiny will be rewritten"  Did they find another Spear of Destiny?  Is that why the LoT sat this one out?  Been there, done that, broke time and got the dinosaur to prove it?

• Love 5