Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

??

The 50 guesses thing does makes it seem like it's someone we wouldn't automatically think would be suiting up, though that doesn't really narrow it down. 

I suddenly can't think of a single Arrow character tbh. It's like my brain has gone ummm? ?

Edited by Angel12d

I scrolled through the replies and the first one is Robert Queen.  I have no idea if Jamey Sheridan is in Vancouver but that's a solid guess.  We know Robert is the Earth 2 Green Arrow so it's possible that the same is true on other Earths as well.  It'll probably be some Easter Egg from season 1 that they decided to bring back as part of the Gotham landscape. 

• Love 1

My first thought is that hair is super impractical. I wanted them to keep Ruby's short hair and not go the wig route. Arrowverse has a really bad track record with wigs.

Other than that, I like the costume. 

• Love 1

I don't actually know if this one is crossover-related but I'm guessing it is? (I think he posted something similar last year and it was his chair on the set.)

Edited by Trisha

batwoman.jpg

I'm actually surprised at how faithful it is to the look from the comics - which, to be fair, is pretty simple. I like it! It's also one of the better costume reveal photos they've put out.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

My first thought is that hair is super impractical. I wanted them to keep Ruby's short hair and not go the wig route. Arrowverse has a really bad track record with wigs.

Other than that, I like the costume. 

I'll just point out that she also wears the long red wig in the comics, so it's not something the CW added.

1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

The costume looks good, I think. Something is off though? Maybe it's the cheap-ass CW poster. ?

I don't like the pose, it shows off the costume but looks amateurish. I think they should have done a classic batman pose. On top of a building looking down on the city, they could have had the cape blown to the side so you could still see the details.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

....I dont think she is suited for low budget costumes. They could've saved a lot of money with going with their everyday super designer and get a similar outcome I feel like.

You mean the designer for Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl?  That's also Colleen Atwood.

• Love 2

I really like the cowl.   That's good.  I'm a bit meh on the rest of it.   I see what they were trying to do,  with a Kevlar like design,  no one likes to be stabbed, and I've used similar material in my own costumes.   But I think the costume would've have benefited from a more sheen and sleek look.   They actually have fabric that looks both like leather and Kevlar mix and I'm not sure why they didn't choose to do that.

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

You mean the designer for Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl?  That's also Colleen Atwood.

Yeah. Arrow/SG had good ones starting out. Flash/BW were/are nothing to write home about. But they have a designer who designs everyone else and the upgraded suits right?

The suit is fine I think but I agree with @Chaser abou the pose making the whole thing look off. She’s posed like a pageant contestant showing off her cape or something. Something with more attitude is warranted for this kind of look, IMO. and i’m Glad they got Atwood again. If only GA, could get a new suit from her instead of the one who seems obsssed with buckles. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Delphi said:

I really like the cowl.   That's good.  I'm a bit meh on the rest of it.   I see scat they were trying to do,  with a Kevlar like design,  no one likes to be stabbed, and I've used similar material in my own costumes.   But I think the costume would've have benefited from a more sheen and sleek look.   They actually have fabric that looks both like leather and Kevlar mix and I'm not sure why they didn't choose to do that.

Yeah, that’s my issue as well - I don’t like the stretchy jumpsuit-looking material.  I like the top of it, but not so much from the Bat symbol down.   That’s probably more comfortable for the actress, but it looks kind of cheap.

Also yes, I agree, it looks more like concept art than an actual photograph. 

Edited by Starfish35
4 hours ago, Chaser said:

I don't like the pose, it shows off the costume but looks amateurish. I think they should have done a classic batman pose. On top of a building looking down on the city, they could have had the cape blown to the side so you could still see the details.

Yeah, I think the pose is off too. And the top half of the costume is fine but the bottom half is odd. IDK what it is, I can't even explain it. 

Stephen Amell was live.
October 9, 2018 
Hello...

-- SA: "Ruby Rose debuted as Batwoman today. First look image. That's very exciting. I had my first official day on the crossover, even though technically it kinda started last week, because they condensed my episode before the crossover. But now I'm officially into the crossover. We actually shot the first scene from the first hour of the crossover. Scene 1 and Scene 2. I'm very excited to say that I get to open the crossover this year, which is a huge honor. And, um, I'm in a place that no one could ever expect me to be. Ever. This will begin to crystallize. We're going to have some cool stuff to show you guys later this week."

-- SA: "And, yeah, just getting into the crossover and, uh, feeling very thankful and grateful that we're getting so many cool toys to play with this year. Um, you know, getting to work with Ruby and getting to work with Tyler, and just getting to work with people that I've never got to work with before. And weird stuff that I've never worn on the show before. And have things that I've never had on the show before. And you know, maybe, uh - well, I can't spoil too much. I would stay out of the interwebs on Thursday morning, though. Um-hmm. Thursday morning."

-- SA: "Additionally, um, I'm very excited to announce that, for the first time ever, ever, um, since I started shooting the show, we are going to be shooting content that's going to appear in the crossover, um, not in Vancouver. Believe it or not, I am going to an American city that I have never filmed in before, and I couldn't be more excited. And just in case I'm not supposed to say anything about it, that's all I'm going to say, for the time being."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Hmm,  I wonder if they are using LA or somewhere else on the west coast to make a very clear difference between National City or Metropolis, compared to Starling and Gotham,  since Supergirl moved to Canada it hasn't been as sunny.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Trini said:

Montreal, Toronto? The usual stand-ins for NYC, AKA Gotham? I'm assuming keeping it all in Canada might make a few things simpler.

He said it was someplace in America.

Interview: Stephen Amell Previews Arrow Season 7
October 10, 2018 Craig Byrne 
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/interview-stephen-amell-previews-arrow-season-7/

How excited are you to have Green Arrow meeting Superman in this year’s crossover?
The crossover in general — it sounds to me like what I’ve been hoping for for a while. [For the crossovers] we would get bigger, and bigger, and bigger, but at a certain point, we have to pare it down a little bit and do more of a character-driven story, so we’re really focusing this year on a core five [characters]: Oliver, and Barry, and Supergirl, and Superman, and Batwoman. That’s more exciting for me, because it’s more of a character piece. I’m sure that there will still be oodles of action, but the possibility of Oliver and Clark Kent interacting is … I mean, it’s exciting! What else can I say? I was a fan before I was a part of this whole world, and the chance for those two characters to meet is really great.

Edited by tv echo

Stephen Amell on ‘Arrow’ Season 7 Changes and Advice for Ruby Rose
Marisa Roffman October 10, 2018 2:00PM PDT
https://variety.com/2018/tv/features/stephen-amell-arrow-season-7-prison-diaz-ruby-rose-1202972441/amp/

With Ruby Rose about the join the larger DC television universe, what conversations have you had with her about taking on a role like this?
I haven’t spoken with Ruby yet. I know absolutely everything about the crossover, and there is literally nothing I can say about it. Ruby doesn’t need my help, at all. But I have always taken great pride when we have a new character — this situation is very similar to when Grant [Gustin] was introduced as Barry Allen on our show. You effectively have an episode that is this person’s story, but they’re dropping into a world where everyone is familiar with one another, there are no nerves, everyone knows how it works. Even if she doesn’t feel it, I feel like there’s a great deal of pressure on Ruby. I would just hope that if she needs anything from me, she wouldn’t hesitate to ask.

On 10/6/2018 at 5:20 PM, MarkHB said:

Pure guess: the co-worker he met was Ruby Rose.  But it would be really funny if it were Tyler Hoechlin, just because of that imagery and he's meeting Superman.

Which would also be interesting, since Oliver and Supergirl didn't exactly hit it off when they first met.  I wonder how much Supergirl has told her cousin about him and the dismissive way he initially treated her.

On 10/9/2018 at 8:30 AM, MarkHB said:

I really like the red undertones in the cape.

Agreed. That looks even scarier than Batman's traditional outfit.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, tv echo said:

How excited are you to have Green Arrow meeting Superman in this year’s crossover?
The crossover in general — it sounds to me like what I’ve been hoping for for a while. [For the crossovers] we would get bigger, and bigger, and bigger, but at a certain point, we have to pare it down a little bit and do more of a character-driven story, so we’re really focusing this year on a core five [characters]: Oliver, and Barry, and Supergirl, and Superman, and Batwoman. That’s more exciting for me, because it’s more of a character piece. I’m sure that there will still be oodles of action, but the possibility of Oliver and Clark Kent interacting is … I mean, it’s exciting! What else can I say? I was a fan before I was a part of this whole world, and the chance for those two characters to meet is really great.

:-/

Yeah, that doesn't give me hope that any of the supporting regulars from the shows will have any significant presence - if they show up at all. Team Journalism (Lois/Kara/Iris/James) is the only thing I'm interested in, and if that's not happening.... I'll probably just get any important info from recaps.

• Love 1

It does sound like it'll be mostly the main heroes and the new superheroes, with some minor appearances from everyone else. I gotta admit, it doesn't really make me happy to read that. I know that the crossovers have gotten crowded, especially last year when they tried to incorporate everyone they possibly could, but this year, the focus is partially on a character on Supergirl who's only appeared a handful of times, along with his girlfriend who's never appeared before, and then an entirely new character! 

• Love 1

I can understand focusing on these new characters and the main heroes and that not every character from all the shows can be in it, considering there's only so much time and they want to introduce Batwoman this year. 

But at the same time, the crossover is taking up episodes from the other series' regular seasons. I don't think I'd be as annoyed if the crossovers weren't part of the seasons' episode counts? 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

But at the same time, the crossover is taking up episodes from the other series' regular seasons. I don't think I'd be as annoyed if the crossovers weren't part of the seasons' episode counts? 

Some of the shows struggle with those long seasons (thinking of the Flash trying to drag out a Big Bad over 23 episodes last year) so I don't think it's terrible to take one episode for the crossover. Sucks to not see some people who are main cast during their show, but there's plenty of regular episodes where people are sidelined too so I don't see it as some uniquely terrible thing.

The crossover is actually my favorite week of the season, tbh.  I also tend to find the VOTW structure to be more entertaining than season-long Big Bads (and I have a very low tolerance for character-relationship drama as opposed to action-adventure tales), so the interruption excites me more than anything.

• Love 2
On 10/2/2018 at 4:25 PM, apinknightmare said:

Stephen mentioned something about getting powers around the time of the crossover announcement at the up fronts. So, my guess is that it's someone with powers, and my guess is also that he'll wind up being Flash.

This is what I've been thinking.  Also, there's this.  

That scarf really reminds me of some Grant Gustin look that I've seen.  And we also know he starts the crossover and he's in Central City and that he's alone and it involves him eating pancakes.  So maybe a scene where he's eating oodles of pancakes to get lots of energy so he can zip around?  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

That scarf really reminds me of some Grant Gustin look that I've seen.  And we also know he starts the crossover and he's in Central City and that he's alone and it involves him eating pancakes.  So maybe a scene where he's eating oodles of pancakes to get lots of energy so he can zip around?  

You now who it reminds me of?

ArrowS01E01-0118.jpg

ArrowS01E01-0131.jpg

This is also the first time I notice they didn't bother with a costume change for these two shot, they just slapped a beanie on him in the seond one.

• Love 1

I just watched SA’s FB live and I have to admit, I couldn’t help going “ugh” when he mentioned MG’s involvement in the crossover even though I knew he was involved. 

But SA asking if he was supposed to know who Ralph Dibny is when someone asked if Oliver meets him was hilarious. 

And I’m going back and forth on how I feel about Oliver with a bandana. 

• Love 1