Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

Here's a 2017 video interview with MG in which he talked about Legends' budget and production challenges (I had transcribed portions of it when it was first published)...

'Arrow’: Marc Guggenheim Goes In-Depth on How the Show Is Made, Teases Season 6 Details
BY STEVE 'FROSTY' WEINTRAUB      SEPTEMBER 6, 2017
http://collider.com/marc-guggenheim-interview-arrow-season-6-trollhunters-season-2/

-- After saying that Legends' S1 had 16 episodes, S2 had 17 episodes and S3 will have 18 episodes, MG said that 18 was "probably the most" that they could do because Legends "is a very, very, very ambitious show, even compared to the other shows, because of its ensemble nature." When interviewer asked if Legends was only 16-18 episodes because there's more of a cost involved in putting the show on, MG replied: "No, no, actually the budget's pretty similar to the other 'super-powered' shows. Um, it's just the - you know, the production challenges, uh, are such, uh... (Interviewer: "You're saying going back in time is tougher?") ... It is tougher. Well, you know what it is, it's like, you know, every week we have to create a new time period. And every week we have to have all these different kinds of superpowers on display. I mean, on Flash, he's just running fast. On Supergirl, she's flying. But we've got, you know, three characters who fly and we've got, you know, in Thawne last year, we had a guy who was running fast - we had, you know, the nature of the show is, you've got all the different visual effects gags that all the shows do combined, uh, plus time travel, plus, you know, historical accuracy, plus, you know, new costumes, new locations. It's madness."

-- Interviewer asked if they get a bump in budget with each additional season of Arrow and Legends. MG: "We don't get a bump. In fact, Warner Bros. does what's called a neutral budget, which is, once you factor in everyone's contractual and union required raises, that's your budget. So it's the same money that you had in Year 1, you have in Year 6, just adjusted for inflation. That said, um, we did get a new sound stage for Arrow this year. Because you move the money around. It's the same bucket, but how the money gets apportioned." 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Stephen Amell's Interview With ET (Disney On Ice)
Published on Dec 22, 2018, by Green Sun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ap44vIXOsM

-- On whether his wife, Cassandra Jean Amell, will return as Nora Fries or whether it was a one-time thing for the "Elseworlds" crossover, SA: "I know Nora Fries is a - you know, big in the Batwoman universe, so, um, hopefully... She had a really good time. I think she did a good job, so... (Shrugs) we'll see."

Edited by tv echo
57 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Thank you for posting what I was talking about @tv echo.

See, I read that and take it as yes, budget IS a problem.  They get about the same money as the other super powered shows (aka Arrow is cheaper) but had to spread it around to cover so much more powered people and they produce far fewer episodes.  And every year, the shows get more expensive to make as just the cost of everything goes up and apart from the salaries, the budget doesn't increase. And if they want they can steal money from one show to splurge on something for another.  

I'm not saying that LoT is getting cancelled but I think they have to do more with less and have a lot of expenses in places the other shows don't.  I don't think the CW should let it go since really LoT is unique and I have great hopes they won't cancel it since with the added Sunday night and the new programing desire in the Summer, the CW needs programming.  I just worry that the amount of money they have won't be enough to keep the show running for as long as the money would stretch say for Arrow.  I also wonder about how long Supergirl will last for similar reasons.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, tv echo said:

SA: "I know Nora Fries is a - you know, big in the Batwoman universe, so, um, hopefully... She had a really good time. I think she did a good job, so... (Shrugs) we'll see."

I'm assuming he means in the intended Batwoman show because Nora herself has only been around for a couple decades and is almost exclusively in Batman's part of the Batverse. 

• Love 1

Just finished rereading COIE for the first time in years and while I am excited to see it adapted for the Arrowverse I am also afraid since it is such a large scope of a storyline. It is best if they start building up to it in the shows last half of this season and beginning of next years. Legends can practically build half a season out of all the time traveling that goes on within the story and use that as a prelude before we see the main Earths Arrowverse has spent time on [E1/E2/E-38/E-X/E-19] be the last standing Earths fighting the Anti-Moniter and his forces.  

Lyla for all intents and purposes should be part of Harbinger and may be best if this serves as a big catalyst to John losing her when she becomes Harbinger. 

Since Barry/Kara are huge parts of the story, either killing them off and having them be "reborn' at the end or switching them with Wally/Clark may be the best way to go. Batwoman will most likely take Batgirls place as being bffs to Supergirl.

If they bring in an alternate version of Ronny Raymond as Firestorm, he and Killer Frost can have the same exact storyline they have in the comics.

Two of their biggest issues will be the use of Cisco (and essentially Gypsy) who makes jumping between Earths easy as hell (as opposed to the comics where it is a very hard thing to do) and taking down of the Anti-Moniter. The comics used a lot of heavy hitters to take him out but they arent going to have Green Arrow spend that much time on the sidelines and will probably change the story to have him be the one to deal the finishing blow to the Anti-Moniter.

I have a feeling that they may skip over the villains attempt to take over inbetween the Anti-Moniter defeat.

But this whole thing will take a lot of preparation outside of Elseworlds and all the main cast in all the shows will have to be utilized instead of centering around Oliver or the Trinity.  

• Love 5

In the comics, the Monitor spent a year or more lurking in the shadows, handing out weapons to villains in order to test the heroes (trivia: the only time his face appeared prior to CoIE #1 was in a book that, as a friend of mine put it, no one read: Sgt. Rock.)  There's no way they would do that on TV, but I think Elseworlds was intended to cover it and set up the story.  The original story has, effectively, a slew of minor climaxes / false endings, which in part set up the deaths of Kara and Barry; that was a structure designed to last out a 12-issue book at the pace of 80's comics storytelling and to give Kara and Barry each their due, but I can't see it happening on TV.  I still think Arrow just gets a half-season renewal and Oliver dies in the Crisis, but I do think it's entirely possible that he could be the one to finish off the Anti-Monitor, particularly since he's the Arrowverse's founding hero, the closest thing they have to the Golden Age Superman Kal-L who finally shouted "I... HAVE... HAD... ENOUGH!" at the end of the comics story.

21 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

But this whole thing will take a lot of preparation outside of Elseworlds

I don’t know how reliable the source is, but back when they were casting The Monitor (back then referred to as ‘Lon-el’) That Hashtag Show reported that the role could eventually be recurring in all four shows:

Lon-El is described as a mysterious visitor who is from another planet and is both ambiguous, inscrutable and has the power that is teased as nearly infinite. The breakdown specifies that this major recurring guest star has the potential to appear for post-crossover episodes of Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl as well as Legends of Tomorrow, some as just a small cameo.

http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2018/09/04/exclusive-arrowverse-crossover-major-kryptonian/

• Love 3
On 12/23/2018 at 8:41 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Since Barry/Kara are huge parts of the story, either killing them off and having them be "reborn' at the end or switching them with Wally/Clark may be the best way to go. Batwoman will most likely take Batgirls place as being bffs to Supergirl.

With Barry and Kara, it's going to be interesting because they were supposedly going to die in this one; so maybe they won't want to play that beat again. Switching their comic roles with other characters would be a way to get around killing two title characters; although I don't think they'd kill Superman, and killing Wally would just be another injustice to that character (wouldn't put it past them, though).

However, what if they introduce Earth-1 Supergirl, and that's the one that dies?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Trini said:

However, what if they introduce Earth-1 Supergirl, and that's the one that dies?

They'd have to introduce E1 Kara with some good lead time where we would be able to get to know her and have some emotional connection to her. Depending on what they do with Russin!Supergirl, they could use her.

• Love 2
On 12/25/2018 at 7:32 PM, Primal Slayer said:

They'd have to introduce E1 Kara with some good lead time where we would be able to get to know her and have some emotional connection to her. ...

Yeah, that would be the smart, logical thing to do; but I (and others) thought that they'd do 'mini intros' of Batwoman and Lois on Arrow and Supergirl before the crossover, and they didn't. So I can see them doing that again with a new character; and if the new character happens to have the same face as someone familiar, I think they'd probably have less incentive to do a longer introduction. It'd be great if they surprised me, and put some effort into this story outside the crossover, though.

---

Thinking again about how they've introduced other characters that have gone on to their own shows, I'm wondering if TPTB have cooled on the idea of a Batwoman show. Other characters had more screentime and played a much more significant role in the episodes they were first in. Even The Ray, who only had a web series, was in two crossover episodes and had more lines to establish who his character is.

Edited by Trini
to clarify

I think Batwomans screen time was what was planned from the get go & isn't because they've cooled down on a solo show. I highly doubt the CW will pass on having a Batman related show on their network. Plus they've cast a pretty well known actress in Ruby Rose whose generated a lot of media buzz for a Batwoman show and they get to be the first network to have a super hero show with a LGBT character as the star. Roles for the pilot are being cast so I think everything is on track for a Batwoman show.

• Love 3

A pilot doesn't necessarily mean a series pickup, though. And isn't Legends already the first with a LGBT lead?

On 12/28/2018 at 7:41 PM, Proteus said:

I think Batwomans screen time was what was planned from the get go & isn't because they've cooled down on a solo show.

Either way, still a shoddy intro compared to the others.

Edited by Trini
4 hours ago, Trini said:

A pilot doesn't necessarily mean a series pickup, though. And isn't Legends already the first with a LGBT lead?

Either way, still a shoddy intro compared to the others.

I know that about a pilot. My point is nothing points to a Batwoman series no longer being in development or interest waning on it happening.

Legends is considered an emsemble show despite Caity Lotz/Sara Lance being treated as the lead. I mean a show with a clear cut lead character/actor like Stephen Amell for Arrow or Grant Gustin for Flash.

• Love 1

Team TVLine Shares Its 2019 Wish List for Game of Thrones, Riverdale, OITNB, Killing Eve, This Is Us, SNL and More
By Team TVLine / December 24 2018
https://tvline.com/gallery/tvline-wish-list-2019/#!18/crisis-on-infinite-earths-wish-list-2019/

Matt Mitovich’s Wish:
That the Arrowverse’s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover event takes some bold swings and actually kills off at least one of the major characters whose death is dictated by the source material.

"Elseworlds": The Ten Best Moments
By RUSS BURLINGAME - December 30, 2018
https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/12/14/elseworlds-the-ten-best-moments/

SLIDE 7 of 10  OLIVER AND THE MONITOR
The heartfelt scene between Oliver Queen and The Monitor may be some of Stephen Amell's best acting ever in the Arrowverse, and some of the sharpest writing in the crossover.

SLIDE 1 of 10  THE TEASER SCENE
SLIDE 2 of 10  THE SMALLVILLE THEME
SLIDE 3 of 10  THE AMAZO FIGHT
SLIDE 4 of 10  BATWOMAN
SLIDE 5 of 10  EARTH-90 FLASH ARRIVES
SLIDE 6 of 10  "JOHN, YOU'RE NOT WEARING YOUR RING"
SLIDE 7 of 10  OLIVER AND THE MONITOR
SLIDE 8 of 10  MARTIAN MANHUNTER, LOIS, AND BRAINY
SLIDE 9 of 10  THE PROPOSAL
SLIDE 10 of 10  WORLDS WILL LIVE...

Edited by tv echo

TV's Best, Worst, and Weirdest in 2018
by LAUREN PIESTER | Mon., Dec. 31, 2018
https://www.eonline.com/news/1000492/tv-s-best-worst-and-weirdest-in-2018

Best Crossover Moment: Barry is Oliver, Oliver is Barry

The CW's three-part three-show crossover this fall went in a lot of different directions this year, introducing Batwoman and evil Superman and the Kent Farm and Arkham Asylum and next year's Crisis on Infinite Earths, but that first part, with Barry and Oliver learning how to use each other's abilities after reality had been rewritten and their identities switched, was maybe the most entertaining these shows have ever been. Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin looked like they were having an incredible time, and it was almost too good for the rest of the crossover to compare.

Honorable Mention: The Smallville theme playing during an overhead shot of the same Kent Farm used in Smallville was just...*chef's kiss*

19 TV Events We Already Can't Wait For in 2019
by LAUREN PIESTER | Mon., Dec. 17, 2018
https://www.eonline.com/news/997503/19-tv-events-we-already-can-t-wait-for-in-2019

CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS
This year's Arrowverse crossover JUST ended and we're already dying over next year's big event: Crisis on Infinite Earths. The comic series of the same name was monumental for the characters we know and love. Many of them died, and in the end, all the earths merged into one and everything was changed forever. There are endless possibilities for what might happen to our favorite TV superheroes come next fall, and we can't wait. 

Premieres Fall 2019.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

They really shouldn't build their hopes up for Crisis---especially in comparison to the comic story.  Flashpoint was an iconic, massive comic story and, well, we all saw how their adaptation of that turned out.  

• Love 4

Arguably, when Legends started, the lead was Rip Hunter, and that first crossover was mostly about setting up the Hawks and Vandal Savage.  Sara's story was entirely on Arrow so if you only watched Flash you had no idea who she was; myself, the only time I regularly watched Arrow was S3 just because of the crossover and I knew Legends was coming. So far was Batwoman goes, even though she was really only in one episode they gave her the biggest tribute they had: they left Vancouver to film her setup. I still don't know if her show's going to happen, but I thought they did right by her in this story.

• Love 1

Lamonica Garrett - Straight Talking Star of ElseWorlds, Designated Survivor, and Last Ship Chats with Host Galaxy about Life, Struggles of Making it in Hollywood, SuperHeroes and more
Comic Con Radio   December 21, 2018
http://comiccon.comicconradio.libsynpro.com/website/lamonica-garrett-straight-talking-star-of-elseworlds-designated-survivor-and-last-ship-chats-with-host-galaxy-about-life-struggles-of-making-it-in-hollywood-superheroes-and-more

-- Interviewer said that LG should be the new Green Lantern, but LG said that his fave part of the Elseworlds crossover was the Easter egg about DR's character, Diggle, being Green Lantern on Earth-90 ("you're not wearing your ring"). LG also said that his fave comics superhero is Green Lantern.

-- LG said that he was playing the Monitor with the aim of making viewers go back and forth on whether the Monitor was good or bad.

-- LG said that he was a comic book fan growing up.

-- He then talked about being on The Last Ship. He mentioned that some of that show's writers are now Arrow writers (Jill Blankenship, Onalee Hunter).

-- He then talked about his background and early acting career. He stressed how difficult it is to get an acting role in the entertainment industry. He said that you wait a long time just to get an opportunity and, once you get that opportunity, then it's a little easier to get in the door. He also said that even if you make a pilot and that pilot gets picked up, your character could still get recast and you could be replaced. Then the show could still get cancelled after a few episodes if there's poor audience reception.

-- LG said that someone once told him that you're never paid what you're worth: "You're either getting less than what you're worth or way more than what you're worth." So he expected to be broke for much of his early acting career. He said that you have to be persistent and "stay in the game," but he knows a lot of people who dropped out because they had bills to pay and families to support. He mentioned that he worked as a delivery guy for FedEx for three years. He also did some "sports and fitness modeling" (he was too big for fashion modeling). He got his SAG card from doing commercials. He noted that some famous actors (like Vin Diesel and Channing Tatum) got spotted and cast immediately, but that, like most actors, he had to work and struggle his way into an acting career.

-- LG then talked about volunteering for Big Brothers (the non-profit organization, not the TV show). He also talked about paying it forward.

-- When he auditioned for the Arrowverse crossover, he didn't know it was for the Monitor. His audition was for a character called "Lon-el" and he read two audition scenes with Superman. When he found out it was for the original comics Monitor, he thought, 'it can't be for Crisis," but, of course, now he knows that they're doing Crisis.

-- In the past, he's paid to go to comic cons as a fan, but he's hoping that he'll be able to go for free in the future.

-- When asked about upcoming projects, LG said that he has two movies coming out: Clemency with Alfre Woodard (premiering at Sundance) and an action film called Primal with Nicolas Cage and Famke Janssen.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I hope LG gets more comics work. He's obviously a big fan and I'd love for him to be sought out for cons instead of paying to go!

And I was absolutely going back and forth on whether his character was good or bad, so good job to him. I enjoyed him on Designated Survivor too.

• Love 2

A Year In TV: The Biggest And Best Moments Of 2018
Jan 02, 2019 by Team TSR
https://theseriesregulars.com/a-year-in-tv-the-biggest-and-best-moments-of-2018/

Crossover Event of the Year: Elseworlds
The annual CW DC crossover has become a bit of a TV staple. It’s practically a holiday at this point. This year did not disappoint, bringing in Batwoman and Lois Lane for a comic-star studded event that caused every DC fan to scream in excitement at least once. The icing on the cake? Lois Lane and Clark Kent’s unexpected engagement and pregnancy in the crossover’s final hour. Good luck topping this one next year, Arrowverse.

The Bleeding Cool Top 25 TV Influencers 2019 Countdown: #15-#11
Posted by Ray Flook December 31, 2018 
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12/31/bctv-influencers-15-11/

#15 CW DCU + DC Universe DCU = “Crisis” of Infinite Possibilities?
This is that point in the list where we rank something based purely on the fact that it just makes sense. The CW‘s three-night Arrowverse crossover event “Elseworlds” was a huge hit for the network and with the fanbase, but we knew early on that the story wouldn’t wrap in three nights – and it didn’t. Proudly.

Worlds will live, worlds will die, and the CW’s DC Comics Universe will never be the same – as next fall sees…”Crisis on Infinite Earths”! What that means is we’re dealing with a lot more universes and alternate realities then you can shake The Book of Destiny at – so assume DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and Black Lightning will be in on the action this time (tough to explain why if they’re not, unless they’re no longer on the air).

But why stop there? We’ve had Smallville references and John Wesley Shipp‘s 90’s Flash on the scene – time to take a deep dive and give this “crisis” an injection of the DC Universe‘s DCU: Titans, Doom Patrol, Stargirl, and Swamp Thing. A beautiful working relationship between a broadcast network and a streaming service that would benefit both ten-fold – and the kind of thing Stephen Amell (Arrow) likes to pull off for the fans.

BTW… did someone mention FOX’s Gotham was wrapping up this year? Hmmm

Edited by tv echo

The icing on the cake? Lois Lane and Clark Kent’s unexpected engagement and pregnancy in the crossover’s final hour. Good luck topping this one next year, Arrowverse.

How about anything to do with the actual characters in the regular shows?  I freely admit I enjoyed the LL and CK stuff but what happened in the Arrow episode with Olicity completely trumped anything to do with random side characters there for a name grab.  How about they do something big with Kara next time instead since it's her show not Superman's?  I really wish they wrote the crossovers for the fans that are invested in the characters on the shows rather than the producer's ten year old selves playing with action figures...that may not even be ON the shows.   

• Love 2
On 1/5/2019 at 8:19 AM, tv echo said:

Not to mention, all Gotham has right now is a spotlight; I highly doubt they will need a Bat-signal at all since in all likelihood Batman will get the same series finale treatment that Superman got in Smallville.  Plus, even if they had built one why on earth would they let another show on another network show if off before they had their chance to?

TL;DR: That whole CBR article was monumentally stupid.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

Not to mention, all Gotham has right now is a spotlight; I highly doubt they will need a Bat-signal at all since in all likelihood Batman will get the same series finale treatment that Superman got in Smallville.  Plus, even if they had built one why on earth would they let another show on another network show if off before they had their chance to?

TL;DR: That whole CBR article was monumentally stupid.

I think we'll get a bigger Batman moment in Gotham then a Superman moment in Smallville esp since Tom Welling was so anti suiting up.

7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

The other thing that confuses me is unless they've filmed the finale, the spotlight is just a spotlight.  There is no bat on it.  

Gotham wrapped production last month... No searchlight of any type in the photo unfortunately  :)  The finale was filmed a bit before that date.

I have to wonder if they'll get a sufficient deal from Illinois to film in Chicago.  Van City might suffice for Star, Central, or even National City (kinda maybe sort of), but Gotham is much more of an urban canyony setting.  At least there's some precedent with Black Lightning filming in Atlanta.

• Love 1

It's too bad that they already used the 'Elseworlds' title, because I still would like to see them have a crossover where everyone is playing a different character, or set in a different time or place, and they wouldn't have to worry about continuity with the various shows.

12 hours ago, Trini said:

It's too bad that they already used the 'Elseworlds' title, because I still would like to see them have a crossover where everyone is playing a different character, or set in a different time or place, and they wouldn't have to worry about continuity with the various shows.

They can always go old school and call it "Imaginary Stories."

• Love 1

The Flash's Disappearance Will Play a Major Role in the Next Arrowverse Crossover
By Lindsay MacDonald | Jan 16, 2019 
https://www.tvguide.com/news/the-flash-missing-headline-crisis-on-infinite-earths-crossover/

Beyond the title, which was revealed at the end of the Elseworlds crossover, we know next to nothing about Crisis on Infinite Earths. Speculation abounds about what storylines will be included (and how closely it will follow the comics), but TV Guide can reveal one key element from The Flash that next year's crossover will focus on: The future news headline that's been hanging over The Flash for nearly five seasons now: "Flash Missing, Vanishes in Crisis."

"We've certainly been teasing [the headline] a long time, but it's a major factor in next year's crossover," The Flash showrunner Todd Helbing recently told TV Guide. "There will be little tidbits here and there that people will be able to start to put together."

Edited by tv echo

This thread has now been updated for discussion of the 2019 crossover: Crisis On Infinite Earths!  Discussion and speculation are to be focused on the crossover NOT the individual shows.  Spoilers will be shared freely so enter at your own risk. 

Things to be aware of:

1) You are free to discuss Crisis and Elseworlds as much as you want.  Elseworlds turned out to be a direct connection to Crisis so discussion of the two crossovers will go hand in hand.

2) You may engage in LIMITED discussion of the other crossovers as they pertain to Crisis.  It will be easy to go off topic so pay attention to the content of your posts. 

-If you feel that the alien invasion was direct foreshadowing to Crisis, then feel free to discuss why.  If you just want to post about how much you loved/hated the Invasion crossover, your post(s) will be removed.

-If you feel that Oliver shooting Barry with an arrow back in the first crossover has a direct connection to Crisis, then feel free to discuss why.  If you just want to post about how Oliver should/shouldn't have done that, your post(s) will be removed.

3) You may engage in LIMITED discussion of the other shows as they pertain to Crisis.  You'll be even more tempted to go off topic here so pay attention to the content of your posts.

-If a Flash episode shows that the Crisis date has changed from 2024 to 2019, then it can be discussed here.  If you use this as an excuse discuss the Flash show with no Crisis connections, your post(s) will be removed. 

-If you feel that the hellscape of Future Star City is fallout from Crisis, then you may discuss that here.  If you use this as an excuse to discuss Arrow with no Crisis connections, your post(s) will be removed.

-If you think Brainy will provide crucial information on the Crisis resolution because he's from the future, then you may discuss it here.  If you use this as an excuse to discuss Supergirl with no Crisis connections, your post(s) will be removed.

4) Spoilers for other shows are not allowed here.  If you read a spoiler for an episode of Black Lightning that sparks a theory related to Crisis, wait until the episode has aired before you bring it here to discuss.  Just because you read that Condiment King will have a three episode arc* just before the BL season finale doesn't mean it will have anything to do with Crisis.  Wait until the episode airs and then make your argument.

*Not real.

5) This thread is not the place for you to argue about which ship/character/show is better or worse than the others.  Stay focused on Crisis and be civil to your fellow posters.  There's nothing wrong with total agreement, total disagreement, and everything in between.

Since the creation of this thread you've all been great about staying focused and on topic.  If we all continue in this manner we'll have a great time.

• Love 5

CW Boss on 'Crisis on Infinite Earths': Arrowverse's Most Ambitious Crossover Will 'Take Some Big Swings'

Why did the Arrowverse reveal “Crisis on Infinite Earths” as the title of its Fall 2019 crossover event the instant that 2018’s “Elseworlds” came to a close?

Simply said, because it is that big of a deal. In every way.

“It will be the biggest and most complicated [crossover yet],” CW president Mark Pedowitz avowed at the Television Critics Association winter press tour on Thursday afternoon.

Along the way, top-shelf heroes die. Will the TV crossover take similarly big swings?

“That is the intent, to take some big swings,” Pedowitz affirmed for TVLine. “Can’t tell you if it’ll follow the comic book version, but it’ll take some big swings.”

As for Legends of Tomorrow possibly returning to the crossover mix after sitting out “Elseworlds,” Pedowitz said he didn’t know the plan yet, but “I hope so.”

“We’re talking about a number of different ways to go,” he added. “It is ‘Crisis on Infinite Earths,’ and if you know the history, things collapse.”

Edited by Starfish35
Fix formatting

I expect the focus to be on Oliver, Barry, and Kara but I can't imagine them leaving out LOT again.  The whole point of Crisis is to collapse the multiverse into one.  The Legends will be affected.  Black Lightning (presumably) will be affected.  If they wanted to they could bring in cameos from Gotham, Lucifer, Titans, Riverdale, and Sabrina to let us know that they were affected as well.  I want them to embrace the fact that there are so many DC series even if their main focus remains on Oliver, Barry, and Kara.  We won't know for sure until probably Upfronts or Comic Con so I get why Pedowitz is being cagey. 

I'm most curious about if we'll actually see the bloodbath and, if so, if we'll see permanent deaths of regulars.  Not with regard to Oliver, as I still think he'll die and then get brought back, but with various supporting characters.  If any actors on the shows want to leave I can see the network convincing them to stick around to be killed off in the event.  Same if it's the show that wants to thin the cast.  I'll be shocked if we see any significant deaths before Crisis. 

• Love 4

Besides the fact that he's the star of their #1 show, Barry has died several times already - good luck killing him off. But it sounds like Supergirl and Black Lightning might get merged into the main Arrowverse.

When it comes to deaths that will stick, maybe it's the supporting characters we should be afraid for.

Riverdale and Sabrina are not DC shows. But I can see them finally adding Black Lightning into the Arrowverse with Crisis. 

I would be fine with Legends sitting out again, I don't watch the other shows and they never really get any story anyway. If they add Batwoman and Black Lightning then it would be even less. I'd rather see the Legends continue to tell their own crazy stories. They can just get a mention or mention it on their episode. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Riverdale and Sabrina are not DC shows. But I can see them finally adding Black Lightning into the Arrowverse with Crisis.

DC licensed Archie at one point (don't know if they still do or not) and they're under Berlanti's umbrella, so I should have referred to Berlanti shows rather than DC shows.

• Love 1

I want to see the Legends back in the crossover again.  Yeah, it usually is a disappointment to some extent, because they never do quite use them like I hope they will, but I still enjoy seeing the interactions between them and the other characters.  I would be disappointed if they were left out again.

• Love 3