Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Leave It All on the Dance Floor

Taralightner
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

She looks scary skinny. Several instastories of her on vacation were concerning.... but Autumn Calabrese looks scary skinny when she’s doing 80 day obsession too. It’s brutal. I saw a post where Sarah said she hasn’t had pizza in forever. I admire her dedication but she’s very thin.

The post I saw, she was with a group of dancers at a competition.  She was the only one at the table who ate her whole plate of food - burger, fries, the works.  Oh, and she did have pizza after that post.  I saw it on one of her stories...…….yes yes I know, I need a life:)  I should put all this extra time towards doing the 80 day obsession...……….LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

The post I saw, she was with a group of dancers at a competition.  She was the only one at the table who ate her whole plate of food - burger, fries, the works.  Oh, and she did have pizza after that post.  I saw it on one of her stories...…….yes yes I know, I need a life:)  I should put all this extra time towards doing the 80 day obsession...……….LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for her! Maybe she was eating super clean for an event or something. 

Sorry mods.... offtopic!

10 hours ago, PBSLover said:

They’ve been taking 45 girls to training camp since forever. So the numbers haven’t changed since the start of the show.

10 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think they were taking more girls to TC because usually the girls who were going to be the team were the ones brought into TC. They probably take more girls than the number of girls who will make the team now into TC because they want someone to cut, or even take certain vets in because the vet chances of being cut in TC is high. Cuts or the will a girl make it or not storyline means higher ratings and more money and attention to the DCC Organization.

Several years ago, Kelli said in an interview that they had to start taking more girls into TC because CMT wanted them to cut people throughout training camp so yes, it's for the drama of it all. I would personally be fine just watching rehearsal, makeovers, uniform fittings, photo shoots, etc. but apparently CMT thinks we need to see terrified girls crying in Kelli's office every week in order to get people to watch.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Several years ago, Kelli said in an interview that they had to start taking more girls into TC because CMT wanted them to cut people throughout training camp so yes, it's for the drama of it all. I would personally be fine just watching rehearsal, makeovers, uniform fittings, photo shoots, etc. but apparently CMT thinks we need to see terrified girls crying in Kelli's office every week in order to get people to watch.

I wouldn’t watch without the drama of who was going to make it and which vets let themselves go enough that they get cut at finals. There’s no individual investment in any girls story if they are all already on the team. 

I do enjoy the cuts of people like Chelsea and Hannah - two vets who threw their careers away by thinking they were better than they are. But I enjoy even more seeing the girls who fight hard, work hard, refuse to crumble and eventually make the team. I’m curious to see how these dynamics play this season with what seems to be exceptional talent from many rookies.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 7

If they really want to make it look like selection is random, they should have the names of those invited into TC on pieces of paper that they pull out of a fishbowl, like how winners are chosen in a drawing.

• Love 4

Kelli, Judy and Charlotte obviously call them out in the order that they want...however CMT's editing shows girls that haven't been called yet standing up or girls still sitting in their seats when there's only "5 names left" but the next shot they're up there. So the editing is super wonky. Just show them all and in order that's all I ask.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Lolfordays said:

Shelly the poster, that is nice of your to respond.

Shelly the character on the show —- no one believes this in any capacity. And it’s kind of insulting to think we would.

Totally entitled to your opinion, but I’ve been at 29 years worth of auditions and it is always said there is no particular order. I also know that the pictures get shuffled through out the several hours of deliberations. The order of auditions at Finals are intentional, to start and close on high notes. The order of the names called into training camp on the show...totally edited, you can see that when there are glimpses of the candidates still in the seats. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

I watched the episode again last night and I am mystified as to why Sara did not make it. That little snippet of her dancing on the field looked great to me. 

She seemed like a stronger candidate than the other Laker girl who made TC.   It is weird that they didn’t explain why she didn’t get an invite as  most of the footage shown of her was positive.   

• Love 7

I’m confused why it matters so much the order they are called in or why it matters that the show makes it more dramatic? It’s petty to assume the order sends a message. I would think Kashara knows she’s making the team after last year. Her audition seemed good. Why would she not have confidence in herself? Some veteran has to be last, what’s the big deal?

i suppose the DCC world and life is even smaller and prettier than I imagined after years of watching if the girls focus on the order names are called instead of who was point and a leader.

22 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

She seemed like a stronger candidate than the other Laker girl who made TC.   It is weird that they didn’t explain why she didn’t get an invite as  most of the footage shown of her was positive.   

The show exploited her Vegas shooting story. In a way I’m glad she didn’t make it so that tragedy wasn’t exploited even further. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I rewatched her solo and I think it was weight because she is a little more square.  Also those shorts Of solo costume didn't do her any favors.  I'm sad about it cause I think she was stronger than her friend in dance.

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Love 4
On 8/21/2018 at 11:32 AM, rose711 said:

I forgot to give Kristi Scales credit for backing the vets that’s she’s known and worked with. At least one person is loyal and willing to speak up for the vets she likes.

I only remember her comments on celina. Did she comment on Keyra?

Every year they show her pulling for a vet.  I wonder if it now falls on deaf ears. Being community outreach she would prefer a known, reliable, relatable vet than unproven rookies.  She still gets kudos, but can't overcome 14 lbs.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

It's just like the LSU girl last year.....all positive comments, then poof!  Gone.  That's the kind of editing stuff by CMT that hacks me off.  Even if you have to clean it up and re-shoot it, give us some idea.  If LSU girl was cut because (making this up, no one quote me!!!) Cersten and Erica trashed her, they could just have a scene between C/K in the locker room, saying something generic like "her dancing may be great, but some of her references weren't".  I get that they might not want to blame another dancer on camera.  With Sara, they did say she lost her power on the field., but then they showed a clip where she looked awesome!

Edited by Opine
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I couldn't see her (though that doesnt mean there aren't shots, just Im not observant enough), though its obvious when her name is called that she'd been crying BUT i did notice how during the 'only five names left' part Maddie is seen clapping for Malena who is called third of the 'last' five yet Maddie's name is never called...not even trying to hide how super out of order it all is!

Several seasons ago, they announced "five more names left". Yet in the crowd, not yet called, was at least 5 vets who all made the team. I remember seeing Melissa Kellerman for sure. That's when I realized this was all bull and done for CMT and drama with regards to announcing the TCCs. 

Regarding KaShara, every single straight guy I know (who do not watch the show, nor do they care about the DCC at all) think she looks the best and the hottest in uniform. They say the rest of the team looks scrawny, anorexic, and not even a little bit sexy. They look like preteen, undeveloped little girls, is what I have heard MANY times. I totally agree, the DCC needs to stop pushing the anorexic, unhealthy look. Even many modeling agencies are turning away from that look 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Random...how ever they fall when shuffled. 

Hopefully that puts all this "THEY'RE PUNISHING KASHARA!!!!" crap to rest.

3 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

Shelly the poster, that is nice of your to respond.

Shelly the character on the show —- no one believes this in any capacity. And it’s kind of insulting to think we would.

Well, most of us - at least I do - believes it. Why would she lie? She's been there. We've been on a forum. 

1 hour ago, rose711 said:

I’m confused why it matters so much the order they are called in or why it matters that the show makes it more dramatic? It’s petty to assume the order sends a message. I would think Kashara knows she’s making the team after last year. Her audition seemed good. Why would she not have confidence in herself? Some veteran has to be last, what’s the big deal?

i suppose the DCC world and life is even smaller and prettier than I imagined after years of watching if the girls focus on the order names are called instead of who was point and a leader.

The show exploited her Vegas shooting story. In a way I’m glad she didn’t make it so that tragedy wasn’t exploited even further. 

Exactly. It's only a big deal on here where everyone assumes there's some hidden message behind everything. I'm pretty sure they all know that the order is random. It also matters for CMT to edit it well for impact and drama on the show.

• Love 6

There was a similar dust up here last year about point, and we got some hair pats from Shelly about how we are the only ones who care about point blah blah, it’s not as big of a deal as we make it.

Then a few months later there was an ENTIRE story arch about point and how important it was.

The order people are called in obviously makes a differnence. The cards do not magically fall in a dramatic way each season. In 13 years it hasn’t always been hot shot veteran called first just by chance. In 13 years a rookie never happened to be first with a shuffle?

these are pretty standard reality show things.

Edited by Lolfordays
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

The punishing Kashara thing wasn't a rumor though, it was stated by an insider that it was purposefully done to send her a message...

Right! I can believe that the majority of the list and order is random - i don’t think they care who is called twentieth versus twenty-fifth, but the first few people called and the last few.... I don’t buy that it’s random, and apparently, neither do the other insiders. Im pretty sure Hannah was another vet with weight issues who got called towards the very end.

• Love 3
On 8/16/2018 at 7:57 PM, ElenaFR said:

Add Marshall to the MVP list.

So much this!  I wish there was a way to include him in more episodes.  Both for his entertainment factor but also for keeping it real.  

• Love 5
On 8/16/2018 at 8:38 PM, Loves2Dance said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the difference between the way Dayton is being treated/edited compared to Victoria. Like, this is what, Season 13? This isn't Kelli's first rodeo, she knows how things can be edited and manipulated for drama and yet she continues to feed this film crew zinger after zinger. And if she was doing it to both legacies it would make since after some of the feedback/push back they got with Cassie---so instead of being inviting and happy, it's be defensive like "no favorites here, if anything we're meaner to them." But Victoria is literally getting the exact opposite. She can't not know how that is going to look and read to the audience? Even if I loved Victoria, which I don't, this Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde routine she's got going on is making me actively root against Victoria. So much so that when she fell out of her turn I laughed...I am self aware enough to know that I am not always the nicest person in the world, but I also recognized that laughing was unusual when every mistake by anyone else had me feeling sympathy or an "Awww man." This show is making me hate an 18 year old girl---and for that, I somewhat pity her because I doubt I'm alone. 

Thank you so much for this.  I could not possibly agree more. 

Kelli is a Producer on the show so I'd be truly surprised if she didn't have a voice in the editing.  Kelli is too smart for this so I'm more than a tad gobsmacked at the treatment of the two legacies and how they are being portrayed. 

I haven't yet seen the full season, but at this point, I'm really feeling for Dayton and not becase @ShellyB is a presence on this board. 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, JohnGalt said:
1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

The punishing Kashara thing wasn't a rumor though, it was stated by an insider that it was purposefully done to send her a message...

To be fair, it’s just as much an opinion for me as it is for anyone else. I reported to you guys that Kashara was the last vet called because it was reported to me that she was the last vet called. The person who told me felt the same way, that it was a message. Personally I still feel that way, as I did when it happened to Melissa, but that doesn’t mean that it’s 100% stone cold truth. I haven’t stood in front of Kelli and had a conversation with her about it. All I know for certain is that Kashara was the last vet called and that wasn’t edited.

I had a feeling this was the case & it was just an opinion, so I appreciate you confirming my thoughts.  I find it hard to believe that Kelli would be dumb enough to admit out loud that she is calling someone last as punishment...not that her doing so is out of the realm of possibility, but I don't think she'd actually say it within anyone's earshot.

37 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I just realized it's Thursday !

So what are some catch phrases we are sure to hear on tonight's episode?   Unless the entire episode is on Bimini, I predict....  "This is the strongest/most talented/best group at auditions we have EVER had."     

Some words from an upper vet talking head on how hard training camp will be for the rookies.

"Your gonna be a take home girl" 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Opine said:

I'm kind of thinking the kickoff meeting will include a talk on timeliness.  Perhaps they will even post definitions........

Even if we don't see it, I'm sure the meeting will include timeliness, appearances and the expectations regarding them, the rules and why we have them.  The social media seminar will probably be really fun this year too.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

So what are some catch phrases we are sure to hear on tonight's episode?   Unless the entire episode is on Bimini, I predict....  "This is the strongest/most talented/best group at auditions we have EVER had."     

Some words from an upper vet talking head on how hard training camp will be for the rookies.

“Do you think tonight will be a cut night?”

“The teaching style is so fast.”

”They get to learn our signature dance on the first night.”

”We don’t expect them to have it perfect (the night it’s taught.)”

”Her kicks are tight” - that’s too easy.

”I promised myself I wouldn’t cry.”

edit - I hope this is ok to post in this episodes thread even though it’s predictions for the next. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

There are alot of "insiders" who post things that aren't 100% factual though.

1 hour ago, Lolfordays said:

There was a similar dust up here last year about point, and we got some hair pats from Shelly about how we are the only ones who care about point blah blah, it’s not as big of a deal as we make it.

Then a few months later there was an ENTIRE story arch about point and how important it was.

The order people are called in obviously makes a differnence. The cards do not magically fall in a dramatic way each season. In 13 years it hasn’t always been hot shot veteran called first just by chance. In 13 years a rookie never happened to be first with a shuffle?

these are pretty standard reality show things.

I honestly still feel like it's not THAT big of a deal about point (as in the girls aren't in a "fight for point" "it's me or you!") but it's a nice honor to have and that it's important b/c they set the tone of the performance since they are the head.

Also, a rookie has been called first in the shuffle before.

13 minutes ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

Don't forget "nerve wracking"

• Love 2
On 8/20/2018 at 6:43 PM, BlackDaria said:

Haven’t posted in forever. I agree with your statement about Keyra about this photo. I am a black woman who has danced professionally and unfortunately it’s not many spots for us. There is another brown skinned beauty that can outdance/perform you. Keyra should have tread lightly with her being so new. (Sorry to beat a dead horse). I understand that a photo can be deceiving but it’s like DCC rising veteran/rookie class photo at every audition year. Keyra was too haughty too fast. I think former DCC, Jacie was her cousin, she was besties with Ceresten/Erica from undergrad and befriended Jenna on her journey/connects to DCC. She admitted that her weight and looks kept hindering her from making TC the four times she auditioned before. She barely got in with her numerous connects the fifth time. She always was hanging with a cancerous crowd. Being aligned with Erica and Jenna probably sealed her fate besides being tardy and no having a “yes ma’am” attitude.  I’m quite sure Ceresten had an arrogance about her, but she performed to K&J’s standards, maintained non probmatic DCC slim figure and always was “humble” to K&J. Even Jenna had an entire Humble Pie to enjoy her final season. While Jenna did not get to enjoy PBC, point, All-Star or other “DCC faves” privileges her final season she got to keep her GL status and bow out gracefully because she “played the game”. But Jenna also had 4+ years of service to DCC but embarrassed the org which marred her relationship with K&J. After last years’ scandals...Kelli was taking no chances on having toxic people on the team thinking they can get away with murder. This happens every 7-10 years with any org. Do y’all remember the mass exodus of our faves 2010-2011 Team, I believe Trisha/Crystal Trevino, Tobie, Tia and other “party/mean girl clique”.

Final thoughts: Keyra if you’re reading this...go have a lunch with Jackie Bob and have her mentor you. Use this as a learning experience for future opportunities. Beautiful dancer, just young and inexperienced in life. 

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk. 

AAAAAAMEN!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I watched the episode again last night and I am mystified as to why Sara did not make it. That little snippet of her dancing on the field looked great to me. 

They really liked her too. I did not hear one negative comment. Kitty loved her solo and during the actual solo round, Kelli and Judy said she was really strong technically etc. 

It seemed like Alana was going to be the struggler of the two. Im confused!!

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

They really liked her too. I did not hear one negative comment. Kitty loved her solo and during the actual solo round, Kelli and Judy said she was really strong technically etc. 

To me Alana seems like a candidate for a 'someone taken to TC to later cut for 'drama' award

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I would personally be fine just watching rehearsal, makeovers, uniform fittings, photo shoots, etc. but apparently CMT thinks we need to see terrified girls crying in Kelli's office every week in order to get people to watch.

You might watch an hour special, but I can guarantee most viewers (and probably not even us here) would not tune in for 13 hours of no-stakes television. 

7 hours ago, Opine said:

Even if you have to clean it up and re-shoot it, give us some idea.  

Shooting costs about $5000/day, plus extra edit to ingest and review, this will never happen. They might toss it into VO, but remember that the show is “making the team” and is about who does make it. There isn’t time (on screen) to explore all the details like this.

4 hours ago, go4luca said:

Thank you so much for this.  I could not possibly agree more. 

Kelli is a Producer on the show so I'd be truly surprised if she didn't have a voice in the editing.

Producer like this has way less input than you think. She will watch the show, but she’s not going to have a ton of input on the small details. She might not even watch it herself. They might just have lawyers that watch. 

3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

“You’re going be a take-home girl.”

There’s always one lol. I’m curious who it will be this year. 

How have I never noticed anyone actually saying this besides here!! Ha!

1 hour ago, DBAAT said:

And Sara is super gorgeous on top of it! Those judges must have been smorkin' crack. If her dancing did not translate as well on the field, surely that can be remedied during training camp. 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 3

Hell, as long as I don't dance like Elaine Benes I'd be happy, I'd love to be able to dance like any of them :)

LOL! I'm picturing Judy training an Elaine Benes routine: "Point those thumbs OUT!" "No, your front leg should be S******!"

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Every year they show her pulling for a vet.  I wonder if it now falls on deaf ears. Being community outreach she would prefer a known, reliable, relatable vet than unproven rookies.  She still gets kudos, but can't overcome 14 lbs.

She seems very nice, knowledgeable, and loves to fight for a vet but her look is so dated IMO. I want Marshall to get ahold of her and update her a little. It could be a fun webisode!

5 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

As long as no one “empties their bucket!”

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Collette1104 said:

Producer like this has way less input than you think. She will watch the show, but she’s not going to have a ton of input on the small details. She might not even watch it herself. They might just have lawyers that watch. 

Could be.  Not trying to discount your knowledge but as someone who has worked in the film industry for 30 years, it would surprise me.  But I do know there are varying levels of differences between the mediums (reality tv, features, commercials, music videos, etc.).

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

You're front leg should be NOODLEY:)

31 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

LOL! I'm picturing Judy training an Elaine Benes routine: "Point those thumbs OUT!" "No, your front leg should be S******!"

New kick line routine!!

new kick.gif

• Love 9
On 8/20/2018 at 9:43 PM, BlackDaria said:

Final thoughts: Keyra if you’re reading this...go have a lunch with Jackie Bob and have her mentor you. Use this as a learning experience for future opportunities. Beautiful dancer, just young and inexperienced in life. 

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk. 

I think this is probably the most well thought out post on the matter I've read. Your TedTalk was spot on!

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Could be.  Not trying to discount your knowledge but as someone who has worked in the film industry for 30 years, it would surprise me.  But I do know there are varying levels of differences between the mediums (reality tv, features, commercials, music videos, etc.).

I’ve worked in reality TV for 15, Its highly unlikely she’s sitting in a suite or deciding the order names are called in the final edit. There just isn’t time for that and Kelli is acually IN training camp when this edit happened. 

Side note: just rewatched and there was zero drama or buildup around Kashara. If there was any malace there, the show producers picked up on none of it and exploited it for drama points in. O way at all. Either nothing happened here, or the producers were oblivious to it.  She in no way looks like she’s been crying.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

In all seriousness though, when is the last time one of these cheerleaders was asked about the FBI at an appearance? Do they throw those questions in for entertainment value or what?

I could perhaps see the FBI coming up simply because of all of the high profile investigations going on, but I would be highly surprised if anyone (not just DCCs but people in general who don’t live in DC) being asked what the letters, “FBI” stands for. I’m even more certain they won’t be asked what the “CIA” stands for. Sure, you should know it, but knowing what they do is more important than the acronym IMO. Are they going to ask them what OSHA stands for, the EPA, the DOL? Really, what’s the point of that? 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I could perhaps see the FBI coming up simply because of all of the high profile investigations going on, but I would be highly surprised if anyone (not just DCCs but people in general who don’t live in DC) being asked what the letters, “FBI” stands for. I’m even more certain they won’t be asked what the “CIA” stands for. Sure, you should know it, but knowing what they do is more important than the acronym IMO. Are they going to ask them what OSHA stands for, the EPA, the DOL? Really, what’s the point of that? 

Maybe it proves they do something in their free time other than stare at their phone screen and post selfies? (Before entering training camp of course because they sure don't have time after that.)

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 3