Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Leave It All on the Dance Floor

Taralightner
  • Start Topic

On 8/17/2018 at 2:34 PM, Maven said:

Rachel Wyatt--holy RBF, Batman. But she is so pretty. She's like a 1970s head-turner, one of those rescue-me-from-the-bad-guys beauties from a bygone era. And she seems wholesome, all American, loves God, loves country. That's good for the DCC, especially right now.

She seems really sweet, humble, and can dance!   I love her response to Kitty Carter criticism -"We won't go there!"

• Love 4
On 8/20/2018 at 8:43 PM, Sister Tab said:

I had the same thought myself!

On 8/21/2018 at 12:13 AM, PrincessLeia said:

Is she the fool who didn’t know what CIA and FBI stand for? 

I so desperately wanted her to say the Culinary Institue of America...

• Love 14
21 hours ago, Collette1104 said:

Did anyone else notice Erica’s picture in the studio has been replaced with Maddie?? (I still have to read pages 6 through 13, so this might have been discussed already!) 

Yes - how could we not?! - although that picture of Erica was not the best (the wrinkles under her eyes were weird), that one of Madeline is just CREEPY and unattractive - just awful and I wish they’d replace it w/ something else as its very distracting. 

• Love 5
On 8/17/2018 at 3:14 PM, NMDD43 said:

These little games they play with the girls are so unprofessional and completely contradict the "world class, we are sisters" persona they try to put out. The fact that the three of them sat in the locker room and purposely put KaShara's card at the bottom of the stack is just gross. 

Kashara does have to watch her weight, but to treat her in that manner rather than a private talk after she took the lead, was an exemplary vet, and held up a team that was fractured...these passive aggressive moves just disappoint me. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

Kashara does have to watch her weight, but to treat her in that manner rather than a private talk after she took the lead, was an exemplary vet, and held up a team that was fractured...these passive aggressive moves just disappoint me. 

They may have talk to her about her weight before auditions and/or when she told them she was going to try out again. Just because we do not see or hear every little discussion between Judy and Kelli and the girls does not mean they do not happen. And we all need to remember Kelli and especially Judy do not have the final say so in which TC Candidate or veteran gets announced in TC in what order because there is others who have a say so in the manner it happens. I am amaze on how much heat Judy and Kelli take on here because they are not the other ones who take part in the decision making process when it comes to the squad or what happens on the show.

Edited by bigskygirl
34 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I am amaze on how much heat Judy and Kelli take on here because they are not the other ones who take part in the decision making process when it comes to the squad or what happens on the show.

I don't know. Kelli is an Executive Producer of the show. And Director of the squad. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, veronicamers said:

When the vets rolled up to finals she sort of did a "woo hoo, bring it!" gesturing thing to the rookie candidates.

That wasn't a "taunt" though. She said "are you guys excited?!" as if trying to get them pumped up.

18 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

in deference to fairness, she wasn't the only one to do so, nor was the she the only one doing high kicks, nor the first to do so.

Right. Someone did it before she did, and I'm sure the others likely had a "wooo" or raised their arms also.

12 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Jessika has to be Charlotte's secret love child daughter bc she gets a pass at weight, weak dancing, and sounding like a dumbass in every single interview. Watch her podcast with KELLI coaching her from this summer, plus this years vet interview.

Not called in order or scores, and CMT mixes it up sometimes too with editing but Kashara was the last vet called.

Show how much they didn't really want her if it took five tries or whatever to get into TC despite all her connections. Talent pool was low last year so they took a risk and then decided it was best to cut losses. Youre right, she did get lucky. 

Jessika just sounds really rehearsed when she speaks. She does speak really well and seems really sweet. Maybe she does have a ton of personality that we don't get to see.

• Love 8
On 8/17/2018 at 3:24 PM, HowdeeDo said:

VKs solo was mediocre at best, even on her insta she comes off as kind of...wobbly? Like a noodle but worse.

I think the end part of her solo looked good.  I don't think she is all that and a bag of chips, or they would have shown it with transitions.  I liked her hair braid/style and the outfit color is nice on her.  The over the top crying by judges (i give Kelli a pass since she is like a second mom) and feeling sorry for her when she fell out of turns instead of "red flag" comments bugs me to no end.  If she makes it she will be DCC loyal, but a complete dance risk imo.

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Love 2
On 8/17/2018 at 4:29 PM, UnicornKicks said:

Jenna was the new Sydney and remember how everybody hated Megan C for a hot minute? She was the devil, no the FAT devil, then retired and now she's a fave. 

I'm pretty new to the board. I've always watched MTT so aware of who was who in DCC world-at least the last few years.  So can you explain how Sydney was like Jenna?  I missed this altogether- I missed all the drama with Sydney and totally curious!!  TIA!

56 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

That wasn't a "taunt" though. She said "are you guys excited?!" as if trying to get them pumped up.

Thank you! I meant to go back and watch that scene and post about it because I was wondering how people got taunting out of it. I thought I was going crazy.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

I love Kashara!! I wonder how she scored in comparison to the other vets.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

I must be chubby/fat blind because I think Kashara looks fantastic.  She is not one of the skinnny ones but I think she looks awesome in the uniform!

thats the thing - you take Kashara or Selina out onto the field in their uniform and you ask any straight man in that stadium (and I don't care what the DCC says, those uniforms are 100% for the male gaze) if they're hot and if they look good, and I can pretty much guarantee not a man would say they were fat or not hot. the men in the stadium (and non-straight women) probably couldn't care less. its too-skinny Charlotte and yo-yo dieter Kelli that care.  I know she's said in the past that its a bit hypocritical for her, as someone overweight/larger, to criticise the girls but that she don't have to fit into the uniform anymore, but I always struggle with very young, slim girls being told off for 'weight' by people who have weight issues.  maybe Im too-senstive to it, hahving grown up around figure skaters and seen the eating disorders and real lifelong struggles with food as a result of people dangerously overweight (and this was a couple fo specific people, Im not talking bout Kelli here) berating pre-teen/teenage girls about their weight or how they caught them eating a 'fattening' banana so they have to go run ten miles after practice, and so I tend to be very aware of and uncomfortable with young people, esp girls, being criticized for a complete non problem, but I really don't like it. the girls look great.

1 hour ago, cgloss said:

Thank you! I meant to go back and watch that scene and post about it because I was wondering how people got taunting out of it. I thought I was going crazy.

EXACTLY.  other girls also dropped their bags and threw their arms in the air, and hollered, others wre kicking. its  a complete non-issue. the editing has been clever to make people dislike Keyra as a result, but her behaviour was literaaly no different to the other vets, they were just cut out. Personally, people are making way too much of it

• Love 14
14 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Jessika has to be Charlotte's secret love child daughter bc she gets a pass at weight, weak dancing, and sounding like a dumbass in every single interview. Watch her podcast with KELLI coaching her from this summer, plus this years vet interview.

Not called in order or scores, and CMT mixes it up sometimes too with editing but Kashara was the last vet called.

Show how much they didn't really want her if it took five tries or whatever to get into TC despite all her connections. Talent pool was low last year so they took a risk and then decided it was best to cut losses. Youre right, she did get lucky. 

Well the same can be said for Kelli,Kelsey and Christina then-they all had to try for more than 3 years to make it.

3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

They may have talk to her about her weight before auditions and/or when she told them she was going to try out again. Just because we do not see or hear every little discussion between Judy and Kelli and the girls does not mean they do not happen. And we all need to remember Kelli and especially Judy do not have the final say so in which TC Candidate or veteran gets announced in TC in what order because there is others who have a say so in the manner it happens. I am amaze on how much heat Judy and Kelli take on here because they are not the other ones who take part in the decision making process when it comes to the squad or what happens on the show.

Uhm, Kelli has the final say-along with Charlotte, but neither is forced by someone else’s hand. It’s their choice and theirs alone-as evident by Danielle’s last minute rescue. Maybe they have no power over CMT (which isn’t true imo; Kelli is an exec. Producer and there’s no way they would risk CMT doing anything to tarnish their image), but it was their decision to humilate the vet who saved them last year and to do the same to Melissa ans I’m sure many more.

2 hours ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

I must be chubby/fat blind because I think Kashara looks fantastic.  She is not one of the skinnny ones but I think she looks awesome in the uniform!

I agree! She has an amazing curly figure and I think she looks much more attrCtive in the uniform that the stick thin girls.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well the same can be said for Kelli,Kelsey and Christina then-they all had to try for more than 3 years to make it.

Uhm, Kelli has the final say-along with Charlotte, but neither is forced by someone else’s hand. It’s their choice and theirs alone-as evident by Danielle’s last minute rescue. Maybe they have no power over CMT (which isn’t true imo; Kelli is an exec. Producer and there’s no way they would risk CMT doing anything to tarnish their image), but it was their decision to humilate the vet who saved them last year and to do the same to Melissa ans I’m sure many more.

I agree! She has an amazing curly figure and I think she looks much more attrCtive in the uniform that the stick thin girls.

This is what I was trying to say. Posters are on here saying what big meanies Judy and Kelli are, but Charlotte plays a role or even a bigger role in the theme of things especially behind the scene. Charlotte is also an Executive Producer on the show. Judy may have little say so in announcing who makes it to TC or how the girls are announced, but I put the whole thing on Kelli and Charlotte with CMT having a minor say it in also. Judy probably rolls her eyes a lot and just smile and think okay whatever lets just get it over with. I also thinks she may be thinking why the heck are you bringing so and so into TC when they are better girls we could have brought in. Obviously she is not drinking the ratings, drama, and more money and attention Kool-Aid Kelli and Charlotte seem to be drinking by the gallons.

Edited by bigskygirl
35 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

This is what I was trying to say. Posters are on here saying what big meanies Judy and Kelli are, but Charlotte plays a role or even a bigger role in the theme of things especially behind the scene. Charlotte is also an Executive Producer on the show. Judy may have little say so in announcing who makes it to TC or how the girls are announced, but I put the whole thing on Kelli and Charlotte with CMT having a minor say it in also. Judy probably rolls her eyes a lot and just smile and think okay whatever lets just get it over with. I also thinks she may be thinking why the heck are you bringing so and so into TC when they are better girls we could have brought in. Obviously she is not drinking the ratings, drama, and more money and attention Kool-Aid Kelli and Charlotte seem to be drinking by the gallons.

I only disagree with the CMT part, as they are either way showing parts out of order so they don’t care about the actual order Kelli follows. And I can’t believe that Kelli as the Director and their manager can’t stand up to Charlotte for her girls. This seems to be common practice for them, so either Kelli doesn’t care, or she’s a bad manager. She could threaten her with removing her from point and ask someone else to fill in as a punishment. Calling your point girl last to reminder her and everyone else that she’s fat will only make said girl retire and the rest to think twice about coming back.

3 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I only disagree with the CMT part, as they are either way showing parts out of order so they don’t care about the actual order Kelli follows. And I can’t believe that Kelli as the Director and their manager can’t stand up to Charlotte for her girls. This seems to be common practice for them, so either Kelli doesn’t care, or she’s a bad manager. She could threaten her with removing her from point and ask someone else to fill in as a punishment. Calling your point girl last to reminder her and everyone else that she’s fat will only make said girl retire and the rest to think twice about coming back.

Kashara already is retiring and half the girls have so drunk the kool-aid they don't notice or care or worse think it's deserved

Flat out, Kelli wants to keep her job. i think she likes the prestige, or at least perceived prestige by those who know or care, ikes the exposure and likes feeling in control of somehting. she's also aware she's hardly irreplaceable and one wrong word, catch Charlotte in the wrong mood and you're gone. just as alll the girls on the team can be replaced, so can allt he staff

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Yes - how could we not?! - although that picture of Erica was not the best (the wrinkles under her eyes were weird), that one of Madeline is just CREEPY and unattractive - just awful and I wish they’d replace it w/ something else as its very distracting. 

The pictures either need to be from a distance, like the shots of the triangle, or smaller pictures and more of them.  Like the shots in Kelli's office.  Or heck the current squad photo would be nice.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Kashara already is retiring and half the girls have so drunk the kool-aid they don't notice or care or worse think it's deserved

Flat out, Kelli wants to keep her job. i think she likes the prestige, or at least perceived prestige by those who know or care, ikes the exposure and likes feeling in control of somehting. she's also aware she's hardly irreplaceable and one wrong word, catch Charlotte in the wrong mood and you're gone. just as alll the girls on the team can be replaced, so can allt he staff

Yeah but Melissa could have put in another year. Megan and Amy most probably retired due to weight as well. And the 2017 suffered because of that-and because they only remaining strong dancers were troublemakers and risks for the squad, which Kelli knew about. As for her being easily replaceable... well we all are no matter where we work. In this case though, I don’t think Charlotte would just fire Kelli so easily. Yes the DCCs will survive after Kelli retires, but she has definitely managed their image extraordinary well and I honestly believe that they will need to smooth the transition between her and the new director when she chooses to retire. Just kicking her out for speaking her mind and find someone completely new or a former DCC with no experience? No way.

• Love 2

I have been told by someone about  K&J have very little to say when it come to the show.  CMT is the boss, believe me.  They determine what order the girls go in and who they interview etc. etc. etc.  They may not be the ones that make the final decision who makes TC but they do have an influence on it since they are the ones that picks which girls to highlight to K&J.  Plus the recruiters tell CMT who to highlight.  So the recruiters and CMT have more say in everything than K&J.  

I honestly believe this. I have heard the same type of thing happening on other reality shows also. In the case of Melissa, I thought she got a great new internship at a local children's hospital with the possibility of getting a full time job. If I was here, I would have left the squad to. Working with kids to improve their lives is so much more rewarding than shaking your cash and prizes and being told you are fat by your director.

2 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I do recall someone saying they went to a game and heard men calling Megan C "the fat cheerleader"

That's awful! Not all men, but some of them can be such judgmental pigs. The ironic thing is, the ones who usually judge are drinking beer with their bellies hanging over their waistbands. Megan C is pretty. 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

EXACTLY.  other girls also dropped their bags and threw their arms in the air, and hollered, others wre kicking. its  a complete non-issue. the editing has been clever to make people dislike Keyra as a result, but her behaviour was literaaly no different to the other vets, they were just cut out. Personally, people are making way too much of it

You guys crack me up. I can guarantee you that CMT took zero time trying to turn Keyra into some kind of villain. She was getting cut, so it’s not like there is a benefit to turning her into a charachter for the :30 left in the show by the time the vets showed up. They were foreshadowing the cuts constantly by showing her and Selena whenever they could (including the kicking shot), but I guarantee you there is no reason to spent time making her look anything since we will never see her again. 

3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I have been told by someone about  K&J have very little to say when it come to the show.  CMT is the boss, believe me.  They determine what order the girls go in and who they interview etc. etc. etc.  They may not be the ones that make the final decision who makes TC but they do have an influence on it since they are the ones that picks which girls to highlight

Your connection is correct. I work in reality and EPs like KF and CJ are in name-only.  They probably have a list of sensitivities that they avoid and “they” (their assistants) likely watch the show 2 times for anything that makes them look bad, but creative control always lies with the production company/network.

They get to choose who to feature, they will edit the order of names called for drama and they might suggest a few good options to take to TC for drama (almost certainly that is at DCCs discretion).

They aren’t going to give up very much creative control in a contract. It’s just the way the reality world works. 

That said, the actual decisions about the team are solely with DCC. No way they are giving up the creative control on their product any more than CMT will give up creative control on theirs.

re: kashara, CMT did almost no ramping up of the drama there. No dramatic pauses or music or lingering shots of a nervous Kashara. All of which they would do if they wanted drama there. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

They’ve been taking 45 girls to training camp since forever. So the numbers haven’t changed since the start of the show.

I do not think they were taking more girls to TC because usually the girls who were going to be the team were the ones brought into TC. They probably take more girls than the number of girls who will make the team now into TC because they want someone to cut, or even take certain vets in because the vet chances of being cut in TC is high. Cuts or the will a girl make it or not storyline means higher ratings and more money and attention to the DCC Organization.

10 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Ok so we all agree that CMT changes the order of the names being called etc. How does that prove that it wasn’t K&C’s decision to actually call Kash last as a punishment? 

I can understand the punishment angle, but CMT did play a part in it. I am surprise it was not Christina. Okay what am I saying. If it was not KaShara, they probably would have use Christina.

On 8/19/2018 at 4:02 PM, Stephieg84 said:

At that point Lacey was a returning vet. I can understand mixing up the rookies, although I don't agree, but she was a memorable rookie the year before. Just seems silly.

While I may not like Kash, I really did not like what they did to her this year. Or Melissa 2 seasons ago. 

What did they do to Melissa?  I'm totally oblivious to this and I absolutely LOVED her!!   One of my all time favorites!

32 minutes ago, KoKo said:

What did they do to Melissa?  I'm totally oblivious to this and I absolutely LOVED her!!   One of my all time favorites!

I loved her too! But her final season Kelli called her last into training camp. Apparently to punish her for her weight gain. I'd guess that helped her decide to retire.

• Love 3

Melissa got an internship at a local children's hospital and had the opportunity for a new full time job. I think the weight issue played a part in it, but I think the chance to work with doctors to improve children's lives and a great new job chance was more important to her than being a DCC.

42 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Ok so we all agree that CMT changes the order of the names being called etc. How does that prove that it wasn’t K&C’s decision to actually call Kash last as a punishment? 

Both true. CMT changes the order of names being called sometimes and obviously does not show all being called. Kash WAS called last and as a warning about weight.

I personally think Kashara's little bit of extra hip and booty is HOT. She has a small waist so it looks good. She does not jiggle or look lumpy, just curvy and toned. #GOALS

Also I was told Queen Khalyn was not in the triangle simply bc she is a risk r/t so many injuries in past seasons. Part of the reason they stuck Maddie up there is Kelli loves proving she took a diamond in the rough and made her a DCC, plus they wanted some of the more tame girls front and center based on last year's drama with fraternizing, drinking on the job and then Playboy Wannabes. Can't get more goodie too shoes than Lacey and Maddie. Not that Kashara and Khalyn ever gave any trouble, but YKWIM.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Collette1104 said:

re: kashara, CMT did almost no ramping up of the drama there. No dramatic pauses or music or lingering shots of a nervous Kashara. All of which they would do if they wanted drama there. 

I'll have to go back and re-watch but I'm pretty sure there were at least a shot or 2 of her where you could see she had been crying 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Stephieg84 said:

I'll have to go back and re-watch but I'm pretty sure there were at least a shot or 2 of her where you could see she had been crying 

I couldn't see her (though that doesnt mean there aren't shots, just Im not observant enough), though its obvious when her name is called that she'd been crying BUT i did notice how during the 'only five names left' part Maddie is seen clapping for Malena who is called third of the 'last' five yet Maddie's name is never called...not even trying to hide how super out of order it all is!

Even if Melissa retired on her own merit and not because she was called last into training camp, it still had to hurt being called out like that in such a petty, passive-aggressive way. Not to mention incredibly embarrassing as well.

Even if CMT told K/J/C what order to call the girls in, the 3 of them still chose to go along with it which is incredibly immature and unprofessional. Like I posted before, just picturing the three of them sitting behind the scenes basically saying, "put KaShara's card at the bottom so we can send a message to her about her weight" is so mind-boggling wrong.

Upper management should never act like that in any work place setting.

Edited by NMDD43
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Both true. CMT changes the order of names being called sometimes and obviously does not show all being called. Kash WAS called last and as a warning about weight.

I personally think Kashara's little bit of extra hip and booty is HOT. She has a small waist so it looks good. She does not jiggle or look lumpy, just curvy and toned. #GOALS

How frustrating!!!  I mean, she teaches Barre class at Nicole's studio, and I realize that with her schedule, she isn't there very much.  She dances constantly, and yet, still has to battle weight.  I blame the shorts cause I've seen photos of other gals who look like they have a little belly, and you know they don't.  

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Even if Melissa retired on her own merit and not because she was called last into training camp, it still had to hurt being called out like that in such a petty, passive-aggressive way. Not to mention incredibly embarrassing as well.

Even if CMT told K/J/C what order to call the girls in, the 3 of them still chose to go along with it which is incredibly immature and unprofessional. Like I posted before, just picturing the three of them sitting behind the scenes basically saying, "put KaShara's card at the bottom so we can send a message to her about her weight" is so mind-boggling wrong.

Upper management should never act like that in any work place setting.

Just goes to show, a certain type of person never grows out of high school mean spiritedness and immaturity

• Love 5
Just now, scorpio1031 said:

How frustrating!!!  I mean, she teaches Barre class at Nicole's studio, and I realize that with her schedule, she isn't there very much.  She dances constantly, and yet, still has to battle weight.  I blame the shorts cause I've seen photos of other gals who look like they have a little belly, and you know they don't.  

its also largely because a number of these girl's bodies aren't designed to be the weight DCC wants them at, the body is fighting to be at the right weight for it, which is why its hard for some of them to maintain the weight DCC wants, because its not the right weight for them and their body doesn't want to stay at it even if they do work out a lot.   I think the SMIDGE of extra weight Kashara is carrying is really attractive on her, but I find women more attracrtive when there is more of a curve to the thigh or hips, not stick thin legs where the thighs are the same size as calf, and generally you can tell women that are just naturally tht petite, and women that are half starved to be there. I'd rather a woman be a few pounds heavier in a body that feels strong and healthy and happy (especially a dancer because I feel that happiness and health shows in their dance), than starve to drop those pounds and feel horrible.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

its also largely because a number of these girl's bodies aren't designed to be the weight DCC wants them at, the body is fighting to be at the right weight for it, which is why its hard for some of them to maintain the weight DCC wants, because its not the right weight for them and their body doesn't want to stay at it even if they do work out a lot.   I think the SMIDGE of extra weight Kashara is carrying is really attractive on her, but I find women more attracrtive when there is more of a curve to the thigh or hips, not stick thin legs where the thighs are the same size as calf, and generally you can tell women that are just naturally tht petite, and women that are half starved to be there. I'd rather a woman be a few pounds heavier in a body that feels strong and healthy and happy (especially a dancer because I feel that happiness and health shows in their dance), than starve to drop those pounds and feel horrible.

This. Exactly. Their bodies know what’s healthy and normal for their body. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Oh I agree!  There is a reason a lot of the girls look better after they leave the squad.  They can allow their bodies to be normal again.  And I think KaShara looks great with the curves.

Some former DCC......well, they need a round of pancakes at IHOP :/

• Love 8
8 hours ago, CaseyRe said:
10 hours ago, cgloss said:

EXACTLY.  other girls also dropped their bags and threw their arms in the air, and hollered, others wre kicking. 

Keyra rubbed me wrong last year & I'm not exactly a fan, but I have to say, I saw absolutely nothing in her behavior that I would call taunting.  What she did, IMO, is no different than Phil and his "come on!!!!!!" to get the women all riled up.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think KaShara looks great with the curves.

Ask me who I'd want my body to most look like, I'd say Lacey.  Ask men, I imagine they'd say Kashara.  I'm not a fan (surprise!!!), but I'll be objective here :)

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Ask me who I'd want my body to most look like, I'd say Lacey.  Ask men, I imagine they'd say Kashara.  I'm not a fan (surprise!!!), but I'll be objective here :)

Lauren's abs

KaShara's smile

Olivia Rene or Holly P's eyes and dance ability (well, actually there are a lot of girls who I would love to be able to dance like)

Ashley N - her hair when they took out her extensions.  There was a lot of body to it.  I love Nicole's hair, but I can't even bring out my own curls 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

If i could trade figures with any of the girls, I hands down would (Im nearly 6 foot and built like a linebacker thanks to a rugby playing dad and always been on the stockier side which has been the bane of my life) but I hve to say, Kashara's body/bodytype is probably my 'if I could pick' figure, though I'd want to be taller as I do like being tall, even if finding pants that are long enough can be such a pain in the butt. though Lauren's abs (and one of the TCC's Anna) are damned impressive, if for the dedication to fitness alone!  she seems to truly love exercise and moving around and not doing it just to be slim, but for health and enjoyment too.
you can definitely tell the girls (IMO) that are naturally of that stature, just very petite because of genetics, and which are having to work to be more that way and frankly, the uniform does nobody any favours, it's just so unflattering personally, the height of the boot with the cut of the shorts, and them going on about how, well thats just the uniform and you look at old pictures, and its like 'nope, its the way you've chosen to make the uniform' because when the shorts were a tiny bit longer down the thigh, true shorts as opposed to glorified underwear, the length of the boot didn't seem as bad to me nor cut the girls leg up as much.

6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Lauren's abs

KaShara's smile

Olivia Rene or Holly P's eyes and dance ability (well, actually there are a lot of girls who I would love to be able to dance like)

Ashley N - her hair when they took out her extensions.  There was a lot of body to it.  I love Nicole's hair, but I can't even bring out my own curls 

I did love Holly P's eyes, but also Kelsey Lowrance when her hair was darker, the way her eyes would really stand out was stunning. she was always a gorgeous girl, but those eyes...

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

If i could trade figures with any of the girls, I hands down would (Im nearly 6 foot and built like a linebacker thanks to a rugby playing dad and always been on the stockier side which has been the bane of my life) but I hve to say, Kashara's body/bodytype is probably my 'if I could pick' figure, though I'd want to be taller as I do like being tall, even if finding pants that are long enough can be such a pain in the butt. though Lauren's abs (and one of the TCC's Anna) are damned impressive, if for the dedication to fitness alone!  she seems to truly love exercise and moving around and not doing it just to be slim, but for health and enjoyment too.
you can definitely tell the girls (IMO) that are naturally of that stature, just very petite because of genetics, and which are having to work to be more that way and frankly, the uniform does nobody any favours, it's just so unflattering personally, the height of the boot with the cut of the shorts, and them going on about how, well thats just the uniform and you look at old pictures, and its like 'nope, its the way you've chosen to make the uniform' because when the shorts were a tiny bit longer down the thigh, true shorts as opposed to glorified underwear, the length of the boot didn't seem as bad to me nor cut the girls leg up as much.

I did love Holly P's eyes, but also Kelsey Lowrance when her hair was darker, the way her eyes would really stand out was stunning. she was always a gorgeous girl, but those eyes...

OOps, forgot about Kelsey:)

15 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

actually there are a lot of girls who I would love to be able to dance like

Hell, as long as I don't dance like Elaine Benes I'd be happy, I'd love to be able to dance like any of them :)

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Hell, as long as I don't dance like Elaine Benes I'd be happy, I'd love to be able to dance like any of them :)

Which brings me back to whining about solos - I like to see what they can do besides the DCC style.  And the fact that a lot of alumni still teach dance or fitness, or choreograph or take classes, is cause they love to dance.  They are used to keeping active, which is great.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh I agree!  There is a reason a lot of the girls look better after they leave the squad.  They can allow their bodies to be normal again.  And I think KaShara looks great with the curves.

Some former DCC......well, they need a round of pancakes at IHOP :/

#sarahidziak

• Love 3
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

OMG!!!  I was thinking her, but she does splurge.  I've seen her Insta-stories.  It's that exercise program she's on.  My friend is on it and it's brutal.

She looks scary skinny. Several instastories of her on vacation were concerning.... but Autumn Calabrese looks scary skinny when she’s doing 80 day obsession too. It’s brutal. I saw a post where Sarah said she hasn’t had pizza in forever. I admire her dedication but she’s very thin.

• Love 2