Type keyword(s) to search

Lodge 49 - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Not surprised either, but sad.  At least everyone was in a sorta good place.  Even Dud, falling out of that door -- we should believe he's okay, and that the quests will continue.

Heck, I'm not surprised that anything gets cancelled.  There's just too much product, too many choices.  It doesn't make me long for the three-network days of the 50's, but almost.  It's hard to find someone to talk with about these small shows.  Everyone at the water cooler watched something different.  Some of us are still streaming stuff that's three or four years old. 

• Love 3
On 10/30/2019 at 4:47 PM, Ohwell said:

Not surprised it was cancelled.  Not at all.

Yeah, too many wonderful shows get cancelled when they really aren’t appreciated the way they should be.

Firefly, Agent Carter, Jessica Jones are good examples...

Edited by MJS
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, too many wonderful shows get cancelled when they really aren’t appreciated the way they should be.

I liked the first season, thought it was fun and quirky.  However, in the second season I began to feel stupid for not being able to figure things out.  So I got tired of trying, it wasn't worth it, and pretty much bailed after the first few episodes this season. 

• Love 1
Just now, Ohwell said:

I liked the first season, thought it was fun and quirky.  However, in the second season I began to feel stupid for not being able to figure things out.  So I got tired of trying, it wasn't worth it, and pretty much bailed after the first few episodes this season. 

That’s too bad- I think the show really wrapped things together nicely. I like the mystery.  It never made me feel stupid- just enjoyed the ride and had fun where it took me. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, MJS said:

That’s too bad- I think the show really wrapped things together nicely. I like the mystery.  It never made me feel stupid- just enjoyed the ride and had fun where it took me. 

Yeah, we just saw things differently, that's all.

35 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Oh gawd, I hate Amy Schumer. But I enjoy this show. 

Yeah, I’m a marginal Amy a Schumer fan (but a huge Tom Hanks fan), but I’ll take any pressure to find a home for this show I can get, lol!

• Love 1
On 10/31/2019 at 6:36 PM, MJS said:

Men of a Certain Age.  Loved that show.

• Love 2

I'm extremely late to the party but someone told me about this show 2 weeks ago and I binged both seasons. I LOVED it. It immediately entered my list of 5 all time favourite shows. I was never a fan of Wyatt Russell before but I am now. And I still can barely believe Liz is actually British. Her American accent is perfect, and she completely nailed the part. 

I'm so, so sad it was cancelled because I'm desperate to find out what happened next. That said, the fact that until this month I had literally never heard of the show explains a lot about why it got cancelled. It's like it just fell between the cracks. Was it not marketed at all? 

I'm hoping for at least a movie if it somehow becomes a cult show, much like Veronica Mars. That would make me happy. 

• Love 1

Found this show at the recommendation of a friend. Had a hard time locating it here because I see it more as a genre show than a comedy. I loved season 1….season 2 just has too many guest stars and tangents. But it is a joyful alternative to a lot of other current shows.

• Love 1