Type keyword(s) to search

Patriot Act With Hasan Minhaj - General Discussion

• Start Topic

As a Canadian, I really appreciated this week's episode. Just can't shake the feeling he just handed the election to the Conservatives though. I get he wanted to hold Trudeau's feet to the fire but he just gave them a bunch of footage they can use to cast him in a bad light.

I didn't know anything about fast fashion because I don't really buy clothes unless I really need them, but there's no where for me to really shop, so I just order Old Navy, etc., online. 

However, I did find this really interesting because I was floored how many clothes people throw away. I take care of my clothes well enough. I'm actually wearing a shirt from grad school right now and it's in good condition. I just don't understand why you'd buy something and only wear it three times. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I just don't understand why you'd buy something and only wear it three times. 

Basically, because that's how quickly some of these things come into and go out of fashion. 

Another thing, which isn't intentional on the consumers' part is the shit quality of some of these items. 

On 11/25/2019 at 12:40 PM, bijoux said:

Another thing, which isn't intentional on the consumers' part is the shit quality of some of these items. 

So much this. You can't buy quality at a reasonable price anymore. The lower end is fast fashion and the middle end is now going to trend that way. Which leaves high end if you want to buy something to last.

So was this the episode Tan suggested in the video posted above?

It's the weirdest thing. I wasn't able to find the section on asylum seekers on YouTube, then it showed up on Monday, then disappeared again. I finally watched it on Facebook. I'm in Canada so I've very confused with what's going on with it. Is there some kind of lawsuit?

I never watched this initially, but after watching Hasan's latest stand-up special and loving it as much as I did the first one, I thought I'd check it out.  I watched the first season and loved it.  It mattered not one bit that he was talking about things that happened several years ago, so I intend to watch the whole series.  It's too bad this isn't still on, as it's a great format, as informative as it is entertaining.

• Love 2