Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E22: Power of Veto #7

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

When Sam was telling Tyler that her gut was telling her that he was a snake (complete with rattlesnake hissing noises), the BB editors missed a golden opportunity to flash back to the Snake Pit competition and her story about chopping the heads off snakes.  Maybe they're saving that for a later date when Tyler is actually in trouble.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, leocadia said:

When Sam was telling Tyler that her gut was telling her that he was a snake (complete with rattlesnake hissing noises), the BB editors missed a golden opportunity to flash back to the Snake Pit competition and her story about chopping the heads off snakes.  Maybe they're saving that for a later date when Tyler is actually in trouble.  

I so wished Kaitlyn was in the house for that conversation. I want to know if she'd be thrilled that someone else gets "visions" or "messages" of whatever-the-fuck....or if she'd be all, "Bitch, I'm the only clairvoyant around here!"

• Love 6

I don't understand the repeated comments about how everything has gone in favor of Level 6 all game long and how much it sucks that Foutte can never catch a break.

The others (not L6) got a few breaks early on but things have been going L6's way every since Rachel left. And the more the numbers dwindle, the more the scales tip in favor of L6, because they've got Sam and JC on their side. To pretend Sam and JC are neutral is folly. JC threw one hinky vote early on that didn't matter just because he wanted to stir some shit, and Sam only voted for Rockstar last week because she knew that vote wouldn't count anyway. Both are firmly on L6's side. The odds are in L6's favor.

More to the point, there's no chance in hell Tyler ever gets voted out. None. Even in the unlikely event someone nominates him, he's got the votes to stay no matter who he's sitting next to. They might as well hand him the check right now. That's what's so boring IMO.

The winner of the Otev comp has never won big brother. 

That's not statistically significant. The comp has been played only about 10 times and it's more or less a "needle in the haystack" type of comp that is not indicative of who will get votes from a jury or make it to the final 2. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

That's not statistically significant. The comp has been played only about 10 times and it's more or less a "needle in the haystack" type of comp that is not indicative of who will get votes from a jury or make it to the final 2. 

Superstitions aren't supposed to be statistically significant. The Otev curse is basically the same as the car curse on Survivor. (Back when they used to give away a car towards the end of the season)  It's just something that people have noticed over the years.

17 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

The others (not L6) got a few breaks early on but things have been going L6's way every since Rachel left.

That was only 2 weeks ago. And during those 2 weeks, Haleigh won the Hacker comp and HoH. So things haven't been going their way any more than the other side.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

The others (not L6) got a few breaks early on but things have been going L6's way every since Rachel left. And the more the numbers dwindle, the more the scales tip in favor of L6, because they've got Sam and JC on their side. To pretend Sam and JC are neutral is folly. JC threw one hinky vote early on that didn't matter just because he wanted to stir some shit, and Sam only voted for Rockstar last week because she knew that vote wouldn't count anyway. Both are firmly on L6's side. The odds are in L6's favor.

More to the point, there's no chance in hell Tyler ever gets voted out. None. Even in the unlikely event someone nominates him, he's got the votes to stay no matter who he's sitting next to. They might as well hand him the check right now. That's what's so boring IMO.

Since Rachel left, 2 weeks ago, each side has won 1 HOH and 1 Hacker comp and Level 6 has won 2 Veto comps. The Veto wins nudge the needle slightly to the Level 6 side, but I don't see a bulldozer anywhere. If the point is that Tyler has played the best game so far and has set himself up well, then I agree.

• Love 3

That was only 2 weeks ago. And during those 2 weeks, Haleigh won the Hacker comp and HoH. So things haven't been going their way any more than the other side.

Haleigh winning hacker and HoH resulted in losing two members of her own alliance. If that isn't going L6's way I don't know what is.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Is there any rule that says you can't slide down the slide and take the stump  (seat) with you? 

Production would probably throw a fit, but I would laugh if a house guest did that.

Doubt it.  There’s also no rule saying you can’t spend your turn at a round buttfucking OTEV, but I doubt it’s going to make it to the broadcast.  ;>

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Haleigh winning hacker and HoH resulted in losing two members of her own alliance. If that isn't going L6's way I don't know what is.

Well yeah, but that's because L6 is a solid alliance that understands strategy and working around/through obstacles, and The Gang Who Can't Shoot Straight... isn't. Bless their hearts.

14 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Doubt it.  There’s also no rule saying you can’t spend your turn at a round buttfucking OTEV, but I doubt it’s going to make it to the broadcast.  ;>

Damn it, Nashville. You just got me busted in my cube farm, because this made me snort so loudly, the houseguests may have heard me from Indiana.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Damn it, Nashville. You just got me busted in my cube farm, because this made me snort so loudly, the houseguests may have heard me from Indiana.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And I don’t even fucking LIKE soccer!)

:D

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

I love Otev, but he didn't do nearly enough sneezing and pooping on the contestants this year! 

Usually, you can count on him, in any one of his guises, to spew all over the contestants between almost every round.  Last night, I counted 2 sets of sneezing and only ONE bout of pooping!  Otev, what happened?!? LOL  

2 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Otev was a skunk this time, so he wasn't "pooping".

Yup - he wasn’t!  ;>

2 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Maybe the ingredients for that were pricier than usual.

I sincerely doubt the “spray” components were as noxious as the real thing; if it HAD been - and at that range - I’d expect most of the HGs to be heaving to the point of incapacitation.  Judging from Hay’s reaction, though, I think TPTB got the effect they desired.  :>

13 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I didn't think NonStar's comment was neutral at all. She went right TO Kaycee and said, "There's other people that could've been put up". It felt like an accusation to me. As for lying, I'll agree Kaycee was horrible at it. I wanted Angela to tell her, in private when she asked, "nah, dude. you suck."

10 hours ago, Nashville said:

Same here; Pinky’s words may have technically been neutral, but her body language was most emphatically not.  I read it as clearly accusatory, and cackled when Kaycee (bad acting and all) basically told Pinky she REALLY needed to back up out of her face with that shit - whatever reaction Pinky was expecting, I don’t think that was quite it.  And Pinky’s attempts to backpedal it some were ludicrous.

And for what it’s worth - while Kaycee gets nobody’s nomination for Best Actor In a Supporting Role, I do think her “You think I’m the Hacker because I was taken off the Block, but Scottie got taken off last week and he wasn’t the Hacker” statement did rattle Pinky’s certainty some.  :)

9 hours ago, llewis823 said:

I took it the same way - accusatory. And I was looking down at my phone or something when Kaycee came back with that warning and I had to look up to see if it was, indeed, Kaycee being that firm. You go girl! I don't thinks Angie (still refuse to call her that nickname that SO does not fit her) saw that coming either.

Quick note to point out that my OP said RS's "ostensibly neutral comment" (those SAT words come in handy sometimes). Which means we're, to some degree, in agreement. I just think Kaycee's defensive reaction was disproportionate to RS's on-the-surface non-accusatory comment.

Totally separate note: I absolutely cannot find the idea of "The Meg" even vaguely frightening when all I can think of is James' hobbling gramma crush from BB17.

6 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Quick note to point out that my OP said RS's "ostensibly neutral comment" (those SAT words come in handy sometimes). Which means we're, to some degree, in agreement.

Understood. :)

6 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

I just think Kaycee's defensive reaction was disproportionate to RS's on-the-surface non-accusatory comment.

Actually.. either by accident or design (and since it’s Kaycee, I’d be more inclined towards the former), I think Kaycee stumbled into a reasonably plausible response facade - that of someone who is so weary and irritated with people repeatedly falsely accusing her, she’s going to bite the head off the next person who bothers her about this JUST ONE MORE TIME...!!!  :> 

More to the point, I think that was at least half the impression Pinky did get.

11 hours ago, GalvDuck said:

Didn't any of them notice that the cards with the right answer were always the same color? 

No, I was looking for this on my final rewatch, but while Rounds 1, 4 and 5 had the answers on purple "bottles", in Round 2 it was pink and Round 3 was blue.  So you couldn't color-cold, er, -code your way to victory, after all.

Actually, Rock should have called out to Haleigh that she was looking for a purple bottle.  She'd already shown Tyler the correct answer, but Haymaker still was checking out the pinks and blues as well.  Boo on Rockhead.

Edited by Halting Hex