Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E22: Power of Veto #7

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

August 15, 2018

Who will win Power of Veto? I've been so busy I forgot who was on the block. It's Kaycee and Angela, isn't it? And didn't Kaycee win the Hacker comp? If we forgot we'll be reminded in an hour. Stay tuned!

12 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

August 15, 2018

Who will win Power of Veto? I've been so busy I forgot who was on the block. It's Kaycee and Angela, isn't it? And didn't Kaycee win the Hacker comp? If we forgot we'll be reminded in an hour. Stay tuned!

As of the end of the last episode, it’s Angela and Rockstar; Kaycee won Hacker, took herself off, and nommed Pinky as her replacement.

• Love 1

Rockstar's almost ready to bust out into "I am woman, see me roar in numbers too big to ignore..."

Tyler says "Hi Peanut" and I think of a little lamb I named Peanut because she was only 3 pounds when she was born. 

Brett's pretty good at reading his lines out loud in the diary room.

• Love 4

It's just so amusing to watch RS's repetitive bravado. She keeps bringing up the next competition that she will win. It ain't gonna happen, Ms. Delusional!

So have the HGs always been able to have music devices?

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 2

1 Magnum commercial so far.

And here is OTEV! But I thought OTEV was a pig.

So Rockstar is a Boss-Ass Bitch. What exactly is that? Looks like Kaycee's gathering a few bottles and setting them aside; Tyler, too.

Oh, Fessy, Rockstar's not on a bottle. Great leaps of logic, Fessy.

Ha, Rockstar gave Tyler the answer!!!  Good job, Boss-Ass Bitch.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

And here is OTEV! But I thought OTEV was a pig.

OTEV can be anything. One year, OTEV was an alien.

3 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Ha, Rockstar gave Tyler the answer!!!  Good job, Boss-Ass Bitch.

What an idiot. It's not even that Tyler saw her answer and he realized he was wrong. It was Rockstar comparing answers. On the second to last round. Why would she do that? 

• Love 12

It's almost like Rockstar subconsciously didn't want to win. She tells Tyler the answer, then picks the same bottle she picked for an earlier question. 

Ha Fessy! Asks if it's worth saving Rockstar to lose JC.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm wondering how many Magnum commercials there will be tonight.

Ice cream bar or TV show remake? I'm always hoping for ice cream. Nobody can replace original flavor Magnum with a side of Higgins and The Lads.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 6

Rockstar to Kaycee: "I didn't cuss at you so don't cuss at me. Watch your mouth."
Also Rockstar in Part Two of their argument: Four different mouth blurs/audio drops to cover her cussing. 

ROCKSTAR, HOW COULD YOU GIVE THE ANSWER TO TYLER, YOU DUM BASS! AND THEN YOU GRAB THE WRONG ONE IN THE FINAL ROUND! It's like she wanted to shoot herself in the foot, thought it wasn't that bad, and went for the other foot to completely hobble herself. Good job sucking so bad.

Also, you could have batted all the eyelashes you wanted, Rockstar. I don't think it would have helped you.

37 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Who was it that was asking CBS for the sunblock/bacon PSA, lol?? 

Holla!

• Love 9

So I wonder who Haleigh will put up. Kaycee! 

So I wonder who will vote to evict who:

Kaycee - Fessy, Scottie

Rockstar - Tyler, Angela, Brett

JC and Sam are question marks, though I think JC will vote to evict Rockstar and Sam to evict Kaycee.

• Love 1

I don't know that I've ever seen a player as inept as Rockstar. Both strategically and socially.

What a dumbass.

I would feel bad for her except she talks way too much smack and is too full of herself by a mile.

Hope she gets voted off.

• Love 11

Rockstar DR session: "I showed Tyler the answer."

No, you idiot. We just saw it on TV five seconds before you said that. You asked him - basically told him - the answer. There was no showing. Nice try, though. 

• Love 11

Rocksalt thinks she's a strong competitor.  lol  She surprised me at the Veto,

Watching Hay and the Hive squirm is most entertaining.  They kind of get a clue and it just vanishes. "Poof"

Undercover Brett is hilarious.

Now Sam is back on the needy, crazy train again.  Are Kaitlyn's spirit friends back?  Tyler reels her back in again, as usual.

Funny watching him and Hay lying to each other, while both know the other one is lying.

What is this "street talk" or whatever accent is Rocksalt throwing out there.  She's from the suburbia between DC and Baltimore.

Good job by KC shutting her down.  Very convincing denial.  I loved her DR, too.

I love OTEV!  "Do it in Fessy's face"!  lol  His cluelessness is always entertaining.  

Rocksalt first blows the comp by giving Tyler the right answer.  Then compounds her disaster with the wrong bottle.

Truly the "Gang That Can't Shoot Straight"  Wow!  Heh, Fessy.  The "Bad News Bears"  were smarter and cuter.

Have they ever gassed the hamsters like that before?  It really messed up the video.

Nice Veto speech.  All game, nothing personal.

I won't be sad to see RS go away.  She and Bay can annoy the crap out of each other in the privacy of the jury house.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

It's like she wanted to shoot herself in the foot, thought it wasn't that bad, and went for the other foot to completely hobble herself. Good job sucking so bad.

WHY?  WHY?  WHY IN PERPETUITY!  This will go down as one of the most worst mistakes in BB history.  Did she actually think that after she gave Tyler the answer he would bow down to her and take her off the block or keep noms the same?  WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

9 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

So I wonder who Haleigh will put up. Kaycee! 

So I wonder who will vote to evict who:

Kaycee - Fessy, Scottie

JC and Sam are question marks, though I think JC will vote to evict Rockstar and Sam to evict Kaycee.

If JC, Sam or Brett had any game they would move to get Tyler out.  He is a beast and they need to switch sides.  When it gets down to just level 4 they will wish they would have.

7 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

No rigging necessary, The Gang Who Can't Shoot Straight just keeps blowing up their own game. 

Right?  Rockstar was even worse than I could have imagined.  At least she made jury.  Isn't that what most of them shoot for anyways?

7 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Tyler seems to be having so much fun playing this game.  And I don't think it's just because he's doing well.  He's been very good-natured even when things didn't go his way.

This is true.  It seems to me that only he and Hailey are fans and students of the game.

4 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Nice Veto speech.  All game, nothing personal.

That is the secret to his success.

I predict that when it comes down to brass tacks that Tyler will team up with Hailey for final 2.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 4

Yeah, I don’t like Angela at all but Rockstar trying to act “ bad ass bitch” and being such a poor sport does not make you want to root for her. I am getting tired of Level 6(4) acting superior but, honestly, the other alliance ( lost track of their name) are so clueless. And, Fessy, JC is NOT voting with you so why do you want him over Rockstar?

• Love 6

Geez, Tyler must have 4 leaf clovers and a couple of horseshoes stuck up his ass, he just has all the luck ! He gets the wrong card and RS tells him, then she gets there 1st on the last card & has it wrong ! Of course it helps that RS is pathetic, but I thought she had finally won something. Just amazing.

Edited by willco
him, not me
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Kaycee - Fessy, Scottie

I think she will win, even without the hacker nullification, but if she is smart, Kaycee will not let Fessy vote.  IMHO. 

Rachel RSL: 

I love that Tyler seems to be having so much fun playing this game.  And I don't think it's just because he's doing well.  He's been very good-natured even when things didn't go his way.

Lady Calypso: 

I gotta say, Tyler's DR after winning veto was really cool. When he said "I'm having fun", you can tell he really genuinely means it. I love seeing players who love playing the game. 

Tyler is my favorite player in a long time, maybe since Dan.  He isn't necessarily as good a player as Dan, but I love his joy in the game.  And I always expect him to quote Sheriff Bart from Blazing Saddles:  "Ooh baby, you are so talented.  And they are SO dumb."  

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I gotta say, Tyler's DR after winning veto was really cool. When he said "I'm having fun", you can tell he really genuinely means it. I love seeing players who love playing the game. 

Same. Plus, full disclosure of my own biases: he's super easy on the eyes. Here's hoping he breaks the OTEV curse! 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, willco said:

Geez, Tyler must have 4 leaf clovers and a couple of horseshoes stuck up his ass, he just has all the luck ! He gets the wrong card and RS tells me, then she gets there 1st on the last card & has it wrong ! Of course it helps that RS is pathetic, but I thought she had finally won something. Just amazing.

Good one.

4 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Everyone who watched Rockstar accidentally give Tyler the answer

1275389857_naked-gun-facepalm.gif

This is still cracking me up each time I see it.

2 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Same. Plus, full disclosure of my own biases: he's super easy on the eyes. Here's hoping he breaks the OTEV curse! 

What curse?  Do tell.

The winner of the Otev comp has never won big brother. 

Honestly if I’m Brett right now I’m looking for when the earliest possibility to dump Tyler.  You don’t want him anywhere near final four.  

Edited by MarquisDeCarabas
  • Love 13

I don’t dislike Tyler but man am I getting tired of seeing him constantly come out ahead.

Honestly it’s mostly because his success keeps Angela safe and I just want her to bounce.

Sam continues to be weird.  Tyler outta sleep with one eye open.

• Love 9

What Rockstar and the gang still don’t seem to get... Tyler is in an alliance.   I is not about degrees of attractiveness or privilege.    

And the game is not a charity or real life.   You play the game and hope for a little luck... and as the saying goes, the harder you work, the more “luck” you have

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I predict that when it comes down to brass tacks that Tyler will team up with Hailey for final 2.

Yes I am quoting myself.  On second thought - Tyler will team up with Hailey for final 4 and then bounce her at 3 and drag someone like Sam to 2 and then win.  I predict.  He is too smart to take a good player with him to final 2.  Sam is the perfect goat.

32 minutes ago, MarquisDeCarabas said:

The winner of the Otev comp has never won big brother. 

Thank you!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

It's funny, I missed him saying that because I was distracted and blown away by him fist pumping "BRING IT!" on the OTEV perch and trying to be Dr. Will in the DR with his fall-on-the-floor "She had the wrong bottle! *cackle* She had the wrong bottle!!" Um, that's supposed to be taken with a pint of sarcasm, right? That Christopher Atkins-lookin muthafucka realizes that HE had a wrong bottle even before RS, and only won because of her complete DOUBLE snafu, right? I do like seeing players that get into the game, but damn, a sliver of timely humility would make me like him a little more.

1 hour ago, IndyMischa said:

Thank dog for different tastes, because while I can see how he might be considered attractive, man, he is just not my cup of tea. That curly blonde mop surfer look is sooo not my jam. Grant McCartney, Nicole's first BB bf, that look just kinda skeeves me out. That said, I'll admit that his wet hair flip after flopping in the pool during the final OTEV round looked pretty slo-mo worthy.

Wow, Kaycee, lie much? Her lack of eye contact, visible throat swallowing, and hyper-defensive snappishness when RS made an ostensibly neutral comment in the kitchen were such hilarious signs of a guilty conscience/paranoia.

After seeing how the veto went down, holy shit, RS should just be shamed out of that house IMMEDIATELY. And put in stocks during her Chenterview. What a fucking idiot. And then tries to leverage her completely brain-dead fuck up into getting Tyler to keep her safe? Bitch, please. You didn't do it intentionally; you blew it almost as badly as Marcellas and oughtta leave to cries of "shame!"

I'm not rooting for one side or another (I think Tyler, Hayleigh, Scottie, and JC are playing well) , but do not enjoy seeing one side keep getting their way and fill the house with a cloud of smug. I was really hoping that this week L6(4) would lose a member, then next week someone from the erstwhile FOUTTE/Hive/whatever would lose one. To even things out a little, I can't believe I have to root for a Fessy or maybe Scottie win tomorrow. (Mainly I just want to see Hayleigh* safe for one week, as I think she did a good job and has more to offer.)

*Forgot to mention that despite her crankiness over the Hacker fucking up her week, she did have the presence of mind to say something like "I'm getting a taste of my own medicine" in one of her DRs. I appreciated that small acknowledgement and think she's shown more maturity that most of the other (older) HGs.

Edited by Dewey Decimate
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, IndyMischa said:

*whispers*

I kind of don't understand why a lot of the girls seem to take turns making googly eyes over Fessy and Brett when Tyler's there. They're not bad looking but I think Tyler's more handsome than both of them.

• Love 7

More shocking than the whole mess with Rockstar talking her way out of a win and going out on the wrong answer ws the fact that Tyler's power is good for TWO MORE WEEKS?! I thought this was the last week it was good. Why didn't they just make it good up until finale night. Its ridiculous. In my mind the integrety of the "trending" awards were questionable when Haleigh got the least trending over Angela and then Bayleigh won (and I liked Baily) so that makes Tyler's win of the first one suspect as well. He was Allison Grodner's chosen one and now he is reaping the benefits. Pluss he's luckier than Gladstone Gander clutching a four leaf clover in one hand and a horseshoe in the other.

Watching Tyler run the table for the rest of the season doesn't offer anything by way of entertainment. I'm not going to quit but I feel like I could not watch anything from now until the finale night and the only surprise is who the goat sitting next to Tyler will be.

We really are at that point where a lot of the interesting people have left the house and you can see there is not much to work with there. JC doesn't do anything. Scottie just sits around in a hoody...Samantha is the only wild card left that could put some spark back into this season. I really want  her to expose Tyler's game (won't get him out but I just want it exposed) I think she's going to have Alex level resentment of Paul for Tyler when he orchestrates her ouster and she watches all the tapes of the show.

Rachel let me down by the way. On a podcast with Swaggy C she said she was routing for Kaycee and Tyler to win....why Kaycee...some of the things she's said about Rachel shouldn't want to make her root for her to win but Rachel admitted she has NOT gone back and watched the shows...which is kind of mind boggling.

Edited by North of Eden
2 hours ago, dizzyd said:

So have the HGs always been able to have music devices?

Nope.  But for forever the HOH gets, as one of their perks in thier HOH basket, a single "CD" of their personal choice for their one week in power and a device to listen to it on.  (All of them fill out a card on music and snack choices before the game starts).  In the old days it was a CD player and nowadays a MP3 player.  Pretty much all HOHs throughout history allow anyone to listen to their CD while visiting in the HOH room.

1 hour ago, Thalia said:

Fessy:  How did I get stuck with these people?

Me:  Easy answer.  You are totally obsessed with getting into Hay's pants somehow someway since day one so you go wherever she goes.  That is your entire game in a nutshell and why you ended up with The Gang That Can't Shoot Straight.  And why Jaycee will no brainer cancel out your vote on eviction night.

In other news I LOVED that pure joy Tyler showed in the diary room.  Yes Tyler, you are having fun playing BB but you also deserve to have it too given how hard you have worked.  He is now tied with Danielle as my favorite player ever and hopefully he won't get screwed out of winning by a petty, bitter jury like she did.

PS:  Tyler won his power app fair and square in any vote imaginable after his early play to turn Kait to save Sam.  And the backdoor of Swaggy was his play too as he engineered Kait to do that one.  No one else could possibly have been in the running in that time frame. 

Also JC does a lot and has Fessy believing he is with him while working closely with Tyler.  But even JC doesn't even know about Level 6.  However his game has run parallel to Level 6's so far so he has reaped rewards from same and is in a good position to be a swing voter when it has to break up.  He has played a really strong game imho.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

ROCKSTAR, HOW COULD YOU GIVE THE ANSWER TO TYLER, YOU DUM BASS! AND THEN YOU GRAB THE WRONG ONE IN THE FINAL ROUND! It's like she wanted to shoot herself in the foot, thought it wasn't that bad, and went for the other foot to completely hobble herself. Good job sucking so bad.

Sorta sad that Pinky’s initial screwup (letting Tyler know he had the wrong card) was due entirely to her own insecurity; in seeking to validate her own correct answer, she accidentally gave Tyler the heads-up on his incorrect answer.

2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Also, you could have batted all the eyelashes you wanted, Rockstar. I don't think it would have helped you.

Nah, they would’ve just fell off her face.  Again.

• Love 9

(To the extent that I'm willing to use her ridiculous nickname.) 

At this point I’m beginning to think she only started calling herself this dumb name when she auditioned for the show. She’s the least rock-starry person on TV.  And if she’s stick of being on the block, she should start winning things, although I suspect *that* might be too late. And while Angela is horrible, Rockstar sniping that she got off by being feminine and flirty was off the mark. Unless I’m missing something from not watching feeds, Angela hasn’t flirted with Tyler.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Thalia said:

Tyler is my favorite player in a long time, maybe since Dan.  He isn't necessarily as good a player as Dan, but I love his joy in the game.  And I always expect him to quote Sheriff Bart from Blazing Saddles:  "Ooh baby, you are so talented.  And they are SO dumb."  

Lol! That quote is ingrained in my memory. What a classic movie. I now I need to hear Tyler say it just like that, lol.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, green said:

PS:  Tyler won his power app fair and square in any vote imaginable after his early play to turn Kait to save Sam.  And the backdoor of Swaggy was his play too as he engineered Kait to do that one.  No one else could possibly have been in the running in that time frame. 

BIG BROTHER should post the data somewhere that 100% proves how they arrived at it. Allison Grodner has been forever manipulating things to her desired outcome and protecting favorites that its almost a cliche at this moment...Coup de Ta (or however you say it LOL) multiple weeks safety for Paul. evicting Chima for tossing a mic pack in the pool but Dick physically attacks Jen with ice tea over the head. I'll stop there.

• Love 4

Wow this was the Bitter Rockstar episode. Especially at the end with her "Maybe I should have batted my eyelashes" talk, and during the competition reminding Tyler that she was the reason he was still in it -- as if she'd *planned* to help him instead of making a bonehead mistake. 

As someone posted upthread, not only did Rockstar swear at Kaycee (who she told to watch her mouth) but she swore *first* in that conversation. 

I can't wait for her to be gone. 

JC was in only a few shots, but his eyes were watering in every one. Strange. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

BIG BROTHER should post the data somewhere that 100% proves how they arrived at it. Allison Grodner has been forever manipulating things to her desired outcome and protecting favorites that its almost a cliche at this moment...Coup de Ta (or however you say it LOL) multiple weeks safety for Paul. evicting Chima for tossing a mic pack in the pool but Dick physically attacks Jen with ice tea over the head. I'll stop there.

There was a lot more to Chima being evicted than her throwing her mic pack in the pool, she was refusing to follow the BB rules, refused to wear her mic,  I was glad to see her go.

I'm horrible with names, seasons, etc but remember that one girl who hooked up with the pizza delivery guy.  She would torment the other houseguests. 

The way I viewed it, RS did not 'give' Tyler the correct answer, it was more her wanting to verify she had the right answer. Of course, with her inflated ego, she said to Tyler 'hey dude, you have the wrong card, here's what the right one is, you have time to go back to get the right one.'  

I hope Tyler wins this season. IMO, he is what BB should be, someone playing the game, not taking themself too seriously and having fun.  He has won everything fair and square. 

I will be so happy to see RS walk out that door, her voice is grating on my nerves. At least she does not wear those awful glasses any more, at least that I've seen.

• Love 15