Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Biscuit Week

• Start Topic

I thought I had finally gotten used to Noel & Sue by the end of last season, but nope.  I find them both distracting, I don't find their "bits" funny.

I like this round of contestants.  I was glad Terry wasn't booted out - I think he has the potential to do some interesting things down the line.

I also thought moon pies when they showed the wagon wheel, though minus the jam.  I bet they taste better when homemade.

There seem to be a lot of talented bakers this year.

I found Terry's molded painted face disturbing in an uncanny valley kind of way.  I was a bit surprised that they were so taken with his show stopper.

Noel's haircut is very Elvis like.

• Love 3

Wagon wheels=pinwheels for me.

I binged everything, starting with the new-to-US old episodes (British year 3?), then this newest series, and then backwards through series I've already seen. It's just so stress-relieving watching other people bake.

I was dubious when I read about the new judge and hosts, but was pleased to be able to see for myself when I learned that Netflix planned to air those seasons.  Since I had  already watched "Collections" 1-5 on Netflix, I happily watched the first episode of  "Collection 6".  

Then, as always,  I went this Forum.  I happened to click on sum's link to Meet This Year's Bakers.  The very beginning of the article names the winner of the previous season.  Spoiler. Bummer.

So, I realized I had skipped a season, then figured out that Netflix took the previous Collection 5 (Season 3) and renamed it The Beginnings.  Collection 5 is now Season 8.

Oh, Netflix...

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2018/04/great-british-baking-show-great-british-bake-off-seasons/

B60E7C27-EB3C-4ED4-9963-857E25190FF1.jpeg

Edited by kirklandia
I managed to figure out how I skipped a season (I'm looking at you, Netflix(.
  • Love 3

Is there a Wagon Wheels US-equivalent? 

My first thought was Moonpie...except for the jam.  Other than that, I don’t think so.  

I’m late to get started on this season but am enjoying all the bakers so far.  Love this show so much.

• Love 1
On 8/29/2018 at 3:34 AM, Occasional Hope said:

Nice first episode.  Manon seems very competent and clearly deserved Star Baker.

The boot was also pretty obvious - Ruby saved herself by the technical.

She did. Although that technical was also likely giving the show/judges an excuse to keep her. 

This show isn't crass enough to let a beautiful female contestant win the show because of her looks, but it's not beyond it to make sure she stays at least a few weeks because of that.  That said it's early in the show. That doesn't mean she can't prove her baking having been given the time to do so.

On 8/31/2018 at 1:11 AM, kokapetl said:

I’m sorry, but the mustache guy’s biscuit selfie face looked like Lenin corpse had been covered in lard. 

Sadly late to this forum, but I also saw Lenin in Terry's gingersnap selfie. I was surprised they didn't comment on the resemblance.

On 11/19/2018 at 2:30 PM, ABay said:

Wagon wheels=pinwheels for me.

I binged everything, starting with the new-to-US old episodes (British year 3?), then this newest series, and then backwards through series I've already seen. It's just so stress-relieving watching other people bake.

This show is my work-from-home companion. I enjoy it every watching, and it's a pleasant soundtrack when I'm not in the mood for music.

• Love 2