Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: I Want an Equal Partner

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

Something just occurred to me while reading this.  Given how dominant Zachia is over Amber, and how Zachia may want to keep things that way, I wonder if some of Amber's problems are actually because of Zachia. 

Someone mentioned Zachia "ordering" her mate to have water, (presumably) instead of an alcoholic drink. The assumption, of course, is that she was treating him like a slave or servant. 

But that's not the only thing it could be. He might be diabetic, or (worse!) hypoglycemic, and one drink could possibly put him in the hospital. We don't know her reasons. We only know how it appeared.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

That friend just Had to be planted.  Nobody is that rude to their husband on national t.v.  Who would want a friend like that?  She was a horror.

I believe it. I'd hate to see the hell he goes through at home behind closed doors...but I suspect he loves it. I wouldn't tolerate it in my home whether a male of female submissive, all are free and equal in my home. Keep your personal 'dynamics' at home...

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

It doesn't appear that Amber is under any delusion that Dave is going to be her subbie and I don't believe she wants him to be. She's already agreed to let Dave run their finances.

Interesting interpretation, but that's not what I was getting at.  I think it's possible that Zachia's over-bearingness is part of why Amber is so uncertain.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Someone mentioned Zachia "ordering" her mate to have water, (presumably) instead of an alcoholic drink. The assumption, of course, is that she was treating him like a slave or servant. 

But that's not the only thing it could be. He might be diabetic, or (worse!) hypoglycemic, and one drink could possibly put him in the hospital. We don't know her reasons. We only know how it appeared.

And he is so stupid he doesn't know that and can't speak for himself? She was treating him like a 'pet' in their vernacular. I suspect he loves it...

• Love 8
1 minute ago, LuvMyShows said:

Interesting interpretation, but that's not what I was getting at.  I think it's possible that Zachia's over-bearingness is part of why Amber is so uncertain.

Zachia might want Amber for herself.  But Amber is clearly hetero. I wonder if they've ever discussed it?

• Love 1

The 'you doing sex comments from Tristan' I think were in response to being asked about his and Mia's situation. He figured he'd ask an embarrassing question. I blame the producers of the show for leaving the couples to figure out for themselves. Since they married someone the producers and experts picked for them they shouldn't be left in the dark about this situation. I still wonder if Mia is really clear of the charges.

5 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Zachia might want Amber for herself.  But Amber is clearly hetero. I wonder if they've ever discussed it?

They could both torment and humiliate her husband.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Ambers insecurity is bordering on paranoia. She’s still stressing about the gym, doesn’t want new friends because she’s worried about what they will think about her, the appearance/attraction thing. Just take your extensions out, we all know you are a brunette for real. 

I was waiting for one of Dave's friends to say, 'well just grow your hair out, problem solved'. 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Makes me laugh when Bobby does Henry's voice..."Mom, new Dad is weird"......

That seemed like a real, genuine, married moment. We (hubby and I) do voices for our dogs all the time. Have whole conversations for them. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Love 9
(edited)
42 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Some natural blondes have dark roots. I think she is a blonde and really very attractive but she needs to lose her friend.

I really think she’s a natural brunette just like her sister and she bleaches the hell out of her hair.  Her dark roots disappear and reappear in different talking heads and scenes. That tells me that she dyes her hair and has to get rid of her dark roots every few weeks. My naturally blonde friend has dark roots that are the same length all the time;  there is never a time when her pale blonde hair starts right at her scalp — unlike Amber’s.

ETA:  I really think Dave’s friend’s wives had to suppress their laughter when Amber claimed not to be a brunette.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

I really think she’s a natural brunette just like her sister and she bleaches the hell out of her hair.  Her dark roots disappear and reappear in different talking heads and scenes. That tells me that she dyes her hair and has to get rid of her dark roots every few weeks. My naturally blonde friend has dark roots that are the same length all the time;  there is never a time when her pale blonde hair starts right at her scalp — unlike Amber’s.

ETA:  I really think Dave’s friend’s wives had to suppress their laughter when Amber claimed not to be a brunette.

Do you think she just mentally thinks that if she dyes her hair blonde, she is a blonde? Well why not you could say she identifies as a blonde. As is stands I think Amber and Dave's marriage is doomed just too much baggage and little of it is checked. I think most hope Tristan and Mia call it quits.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, 2727 said:

Dave admitted he doesn't regularly attend church but pays lip service to religion. I bet all his bros are Christian and he doesn't hang out with anyone different. His distaste for atheists is right in line with conservative Christian groupthink, and his overall worldview appears to be pretty limited. 

Dave doesn't seem like the type to be affected by conservative Christian groupthink.  I would doubt he's influenced by any kind of conservative Christianity.  I'm a pretty liberal Episcopalian (and we're known for being liberal), yet I wouldn't want to be matched with an atheist.  Not out of any distaste for them, but personal preference so we are on the same page.  I didn't hear Dave express any general distaste for atheists in particular, and besides, Amber is not an atheist.  She admitted to being basically SBNR (spiritual but not religious), such as she believes there's something out there, but she doesn't follow any specific religion.  I personally think she has more in common with Dave that way than the show is making us think.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

That seemed like a real, genuine, married moment. We (hubby and I) do voices for our dogs all the time. Have whole conversations for them. 

My dog and two kitties have definite voices.  Hubby and I do them all the time.  They are snarky and so judgy.  

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

12 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

I think people need to stop policing women's voices, especially when men do the same thing.

It's fake and phony, it is so grating I can't listen to these women.  These are  not their natural voices or speech patterns. I would not make fun of someone's natural voice. This is a horrid fad and it annoys me to no end. I miss when women spoke in their natural voices.  Hopefully their husbands don't notice it. 

I agree completely.  It's not policing women's voices to be against stuff like vocal fry, it's encouraging women NOT to engage in "herd mentality" by adopting idiotic speech patterns just to "fit in with the in-crowd".  We are protesting what women do to themselves to try to be "acceptable" to each other, which is where all this bullying comes out of, and any number of dumb trends that women engage in just to be accepted by other women.  This is nothing new, though.  Women have been doing stuff like that forever, like remember the "valley girl" speech craze back in the 90s?  Unfortunately a modified version of that became common everywhere and is now pretty indistinguishable from what our ears have been trained to hear as "normal female speech".  I fear for the future, really I do.  I'm going to be one cranky old lady!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Yes, and truthfully, ordering him water was the only thing she did that seemed dominating.  It could have been taken out of context, like her husband might only drink water and was complaining on the way there about being thirsty, or whatever.  My husband always drinks unsweetened ice tea when we go out, so if I'm ordering for me, I do it for him too.  It's not necessarily controlling behavior.  The show seemed intent to make it LOOK that way, though!

5 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I think it's possible that Zachia's over-bearingness is part of why Amber is so uncertain.

I think it's the other way around - Amber's uncertainty is part of why she's friends with someone as overbearing as Zacchia.

• Love 4

My nephew has completely embraced that vocal fry thing.  I find it extremely annoying.  He is bright, has bright ideas and is capable of bringing good things to a conversation.  It is impossible to “hear” him when everything he offers is that flat monotone with drawn out words.  He communicates much better in text. 

A few years ago, I was helping him prepare for job interviews.  (I was HR IRL).  I would ask him questions, but couldn’t listen to the answers.  I was pounding the table and saying, “MAKE ME BELIEVE YOU!”  With zero voice inflection, he says “I can’t help it;  that’s the way I talk”.   He is 26 now, so there you go.  Can you imagine being a professor in college and having to listen to one after another of your current class presenting speeches in that flat no-affect voice?

Ugh.  Danielle certainly has that going on (I haven’t noticed it so much in Bobby) but compared to my nephew, she’s dynamic.  It could be worse.  Also, thanks, y’all, for pointing out her eyebrows.  I didn’t see them at first (because I didn’t care) but can’t UNSEE them now. Just like I can’t unhear her voice.

• Love 4
On 8/14/2018 at 9:50 PM, Neurochick said:

I don’t get what is so wrong with Dave having close friends.  For some people their friends are closer than family.  Nothing wrong with that.

I've been saying this for weeks. Its mind boggling to me how someone being more close to their friends than their family is just red flags! Red flags!

I hardly talk to my family except for my parents. My family sucks. There are no red flags there. I'm super close with my dad either. It's only because we both have never been the call you all the time, sharing emotions with each other type with each others. But, he's always been there for me.

My friends are my family. I would never consider someone an actual friend if they weren't. 

Either way, it means nothing. Doesn't seem to mean anything with him either. He seems to be surrounded by good people. Made a good life for himself. He is flawed personally of course. But, I don't know. I feel like this show brings out the inner psychologist in people. Breaking down everything they do and say. 

Some things are just non issues. Everyone lives their life differently but just because you wouldn't live your life that way or it's a foreign concept to you doesn't mean it equates to anything negative 

And fuck that cat. I just felt like saying that.

• Love 5
On 8/14/2018 at 11:30 PM, Gem 10 said:

The show probably couldn’t get anybody else on, so this is what we got.  Lol.

I'm curious about what people actually want with this show.

If it's low key drama or couples that more or less get along, the season sucks. It's boring.

If they put people together that shouldn't be together which causes drama or just get dramatic people, the show is trash. It's a fraud show that casts for drama and for success.

For me, ideally, this is what the show is. If they did their job right, you have marriages that just work. Not that much to see drama wise because they match well. While learning about each other and shifting their life along the way. 

It's kind of like how some people use to complain about real world in the later years. These people aren't real! They are famewhores. Get some real people. When that happens, the show is deemed boring. You will just get even keel tv. It's often a lose/lose situation.

Be happy for sneaky Mia and the fact that Tristan stayed with her. Otherwise, this would have been some really low drama tv. Mia supplies the snark at the very least.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yes, and truthfully, ordering him water was the only thing she did that seemed dominating.  It could have been taken out of context, like her husband might only drink water and was complaining on the way there about being thirsty, or whatever.  My husband always drinks unsweetened ice tea when we go out, so if I'm ordering for me, I do it for him too.  It's not necessarily controlling behavior.  The show seemed intent to make it LOOK that way, though!

I think it's the other way around - Amber's uncertainty is part of why she's friends with someone as overbearing as Zacchia.

I don't think anyone had an issue that Zacchia "ordered" her husband water.  It's how she did it.  There are many plausible charitable explanations of why she did it, but none of them involve the tone and attitude that she showed.  But it isn't just us who are reacting to how she was with her husband...Dave himself did too.  Plus, if she's "overbearing" with Amber, doesn't that make it more plausible that she really is overbearing with her husband?

• Love 2
On 8/14/2018 at 10:10 PM, Gem 10 said:

What’s the problem with Ambers cat, Dave?  Just shut the bathroom door and the cat can’t get in there to unroll the toilet paper, duh.

I wish I could "like" this more than once.  I want to "like" this x 5.  My one question is, where do they keep Paisley's litter box?  If it's in the bathroom they can't keep the door closed.  I had dogs and I always kept the door closed, especially after we saw our male dog imitating my husband by actually peeing at the base of the toilet because he used to watch my husband stand by the toilet and pee.  It was funny once, not that funny a second time.

• Love 5

Paisley didn't ask to be on this dumb show or be adopted at first sight.  She knows Dave doesn't like her and with cats that's not good.  I think pets should be discussed on the applications, or maybe stay with friends or family until the couple decides if they are going to stay together.  I just feel so bad for Paisley.  I don't have much sympathy for the people, they chose to be there.  For business people they don't seem to be very good communicators and a bit childish.

• Love 10

Bobby and Pastor Cal, I liked them so much until Bobby said he'd give up his dog for his Married at First Sight Wife if she wanted him to because of marriage first! and Pastor Cal high-fived him. They are both dead to me now.  No, no, NO!  If your wife and you can't figure out a better compromise then to get rid of a pet that is already in your life, well, the marriage is doomed. 

Poor Paisley.  I have room in my house for another kitty kitty, if need be. 

And the problem with Zachia was not that she thought her husband should drink water, it was that she wouldn't let him answer for himself. God, that kind of woman makes my skin crawl. She was just TOO MUCH.  No wonder Dave was creeped out by her. She is totally about controlling every single aspect of every single situation. I know women like that, and they are exhausting to be around. Nothing is ever good enough, and they have to do everything. UGH!!!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

Bobby and Pastor Cal, I liked them so much until Bobby said he'd give up his dog for his Married at First Sight Wife if she wanted him to because of marriage first! and Pastor Cal high-fived him. They are both dead to me now.  No, no, NO!  If your wife and you can't figure out a better compromise then to get rid of a pet that is already in your life, well, the marriage is doomed. 

To be fair to Bobby, that question as Pastor Cal posed it to him was extremely loaded and he had only an either/or choice - keep the pet or keep his wife.  I am SURE that Bobby and Danielle, if faced with having to resolve such a conflict in real life, would find a reasonable compromise, not just get rid of his dog.  This one's Pastor Cal's fault, in my opinion.  I hate proverbial "desert Island" situations.

• Love 7

People and fucking pets man. Don't get it. Don't want to. 

But, if you are doing something like this, even if you are a little bit skittish about having a pet around, that needs to be made clear. They might not respect it like they did a few years ago but it needs to be clear. People are too attached to their pets to be pussyfooting around the issue. 

I also dont have time for excuses about things do and that extends to pets. Close your door! The cat is nervous. I dont like pets anyway but I'm not trying to have keep worrying about all this crap in my home. Not peeing everywhere. Ruining stuff. No thank you. I don't look at pets like children. They are pets. If I ever have children I wouldn't have these hang ups. But, that's my child. Not a pet.

I feel like end up coming to the defense of dudes too hard every season but a lot of the stuff guys get bagged on with this show are just non things to me. Perfectly rational things. 

• Love 5

The vocal fry is heavy this season. It doesn't bother me as much as up speak though - the Sonia season was almost painful for me. Once in a while I can handle, but I struggle to truly hear a person who is constantly on up speak.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

That question as Pastor Cal posed it to him was extremely loaded and he had only an either/or choice - keep the pet or keep his wife.  I am SURE that Bobby and Danielle, if faced with having to resolve such a conflict in real life, would find a reasonable compromise, not just get rid of his dog.  This one's Pastor Cal's fault, in my opinion.  I hate proverbial "desert Island" situations.

I wouldn't have any problem with it at all, assuming the dog was given to a parent, sibling, or very close friend that the dog already knew. Then Bobby could visit his dog often, and keep a continuity of love and affection going on for the animal.

After all, the scenario Pastor Cal mentioned *does* exist. Some people have strong allergies to certain kinds of pets... and it really would be a forced choice then.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, cardigirl said:

And the problem with Zachia was not that she thought her husband should drink water, it was that she wouldn't let him answer for himself. God, that kind of woman makes my skin crawl. She was just TOO MUCH.  No wonder Dave was creeped out by her. She is totally about controlling every single aspect of every single situation. I know women like that, and they are exhausting to be around. Nothing is ever good enough, and they have to do everything. UGH!!!

I agree with you, but I'm sure her husband knew what he was signing on for with her when he married her.  He acted like he likes that kind of power arrangement.  It creeps me out too, but to each his own, I guess.  I knew a married couple like that, only the man was the dominating one.  He was a guy I knew from high school that I got back in touch with after a reunion.  They wanted to get friendly with my husband and I but we just couldn't handle being around them after a while.  It bothered us so much we had to start declining their dinner invitations.  I don't blame Dave in the least for being creeped out by it, plus what must he be thinking of Amber if she so easily accepts this kind of thing in her girlfriend?  I get it that loyalty to a girlfriend goes beyond stuff like this, but at least she could make it clear to Dave that the way Zachia treats her husband doesn't sit well with her and she tries to look beyond it because of her loyalty to her friend.  I don't think she's doing that so Dave is understandably not comfortable with her attitude about the situation.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I don't think anyone had an issue that Zacchia "ordered" her husband water.  It's how she did it.  There are many plausible charitable explanations of why she did it, but none of them involve the tone and attitude that she showed.  But it isn't just us who are reacting to how she was with her husband...Dave himself did too.  Plus, if she's "overbearing" with Amber, doesn't that make it more plausible that she really is overbearing with her husband?

Its painfully obvious Zacchia and her husband (said with a grain of salt) are in a Dom/Sub relationship. Dave spoke charitably when he spoke about the 'dynamic' of that couple. He wasn't referring to poor manners. Lastly as she left she warned Dave that Amber is always right (kind of like she is with her husband). She also indicated that she was the best thing her husband could hope for. We didn't get to see the whole dinner but we saw enough. I agree with Dave if it works for them as a couple so be it what he is saying is don't import that dynamic into our house. I believe there relationship is ultimately doomed...whether in 8 weeks or later.

• Love 2

Zachia is overprotective of Amber, who needs to put her big girl panties on & own her place in this marriage.

Dave needs to calm down, yet again. I'm sure his friends are somehow imperfect as well. And Amber is most definitely not Zachia, so he can just chill it out already.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

To be fair to Bobby, that question as Pastor Cal posed it to him was extremely loaded and he had only an either/or choice - keep the pet or keep his wife.  I am SURE that Bobby and Danielle, if faced with having to resolve such a conflict in real life, would find a reasonable compromise, not just get rid of his dog.  This one's Pastor Cal's fault, in my opinion.  I hate proverbial "desert Island" situations.

We do not know the context... It could be part of a discussion about the Amber/Dave/Paisley situation. I can easily imagine Dave deciding he doesn't want Paisley living in his pristine home anymore.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
15 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree completely.  It's not policing women's voices to be against stuff like vocal fry, it's encouraging women NOT to engage in "herd mentality" by adopting idiotic speech patterns just to "fit in with the in-crowd".  We are protesting what women do to themselves to try to be "acceptable" to each other, which is where all this bullying comes out of, and any number of dumb trends that women engage in just to be accepted by other women.  This is nothing new, though.  Women have been doing stuff like that forever, like remember the "valley girl" speech craze back in the 90s?  Unfortunately a modified version of that became common everywhere and is now pretty indistinguishable from what our ears have been trained to hear as "normal female speech".  I fear for the future, really I do.  I'm going to be one cranky old lady!

Except it is because is primarily a complaint about women. And even when others point out as a thing men  too, people double down on the false claim. And like I said, it is an unconscious action. What is normal female speech? Because women are attacked for their voices no matter what they do. Primarily because people are cowards and know that if they start actually listing the petty reasons that it is actually the woman and not the voice that is the complainer's issue, the complainer comes across as a jackass.

Pastor Cal asked Bobby  the dog question to stir the Shit and to his credit the Bobster answered correctly...

Bobby: Try to take my Nelly, Pastor and you'll meet the business end of my shotgun and Danielle's shotgun....

Dani... easy squeeze on the trigger, honey...Shotguns spray wide so you'll hit the good pastor with enough shot to make him have a change of heart about our pup....Just rest the gun easy on your hip and aim for his chest......get ready for the kick..

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Zachia is overprotective of Amber, who needs to put her big girl panties on & own her place in this marriage.

Dave needs to calm down, yet again. I'm sure his friends are somehow imperfect as well. And Amber is most definitely not Zachia, so he can just chill it out already.

I feel like it's interesting just watching the fact that on tv, if someone doesn't vibe with a certain viewer or just doesn't like them, they are constantly wrong. If they are liked, everything they do is justified.

Dave had a very calm and rational reaction to a person he just met and how they come off...to him. He also said it respectfully and didn't attack her. Yet, he needs to calm down?

It's also perfectly normal to wonder if behavior that doesn't appeal to you being shown by loved ones won't someday be a reflection of the one you are with. Dave does not know their relationship. The friends influence over Amber. Never said he did. But, I think it's fine to wonder or give a little pause. Certain behavior of those around you can run off on you. It happens all the time.

• Love 7

Amber has been around Zachia longer than Dave. If she wanted to be a Zachia she'd probably have been more overbearing by now.

Dave needs to calm down about a lot of things, or maybe he just wants things his way or no way.

Granted, we only see what they show us...

• Love 1

I wonder how Dave would do with a dog like Henry? I was watching Unfiltered last week (or maybe it was the week before) when Danielle and Dave were on. Based on appearance only, Danielle looked like more of a match for Dave than Amber. Both have unconventional  relationships with their families. Having seen his friends' wives, she'd probably fit in better there, too.

• Love 1

In my opinion, the truly deep and abiding love is between Bobby and Henry...  Henry just lights up around Bobby, and, remember, Danielle had never seen Henry run before he went in the yard at Bobby's house.  Yes, Henry has it bad.  If Bobby and Danielle ever break up, the true heartbreak would all be Henry's.  

For the last couple of weeks I felt that Amber had a lot of issues that were affecting the relationship.  When they went over finances she stated that she wanted to keep spending her money on what she wants to spend it on (but at least she didn't seem to have the debt that Danielle has) and now she is insecure because of an answer Dave gave to a question she asked.  Very few of us ever expect to marry someone who looks like our celebrity crushes; I don't understand why she unraveled so much based on Dave's answer.  And, I just wanted to scream "but you are a brunette" when she made it sound like there was nothing she could do about being a blonde.  I was so glad one of the wives gracefully pointed out that Amber was a blonde.  I think Amber wants to be married while she also doesn't want to change anything about her life.  

The Mia story is just going to get better and better.  Very interesting that Bobby asked if her real name was Mia.  She hesitated, but still said yes.  Tristan, I hope that all of the doing sex that you are doing will be worth all the surprises and reveals that are waiting for you.

• Love 9

"New Dad" struggling to pick Henry up and sit with him in the Lazy boy was my favorite scene.

If Danielle didn't fall a bit more in love with Bobby when she glanced over and saw those two looking at her with 4 puppy dog eyes...well, I don't know what's wrong with her.....

• Love 10

I agree with the general opinion about Zacchia... But I was annoyed with the way Dave handled it afterwards.  If Amber and Dave make it, eventually they will get closer and there will be more daylight between Amber and Zacchia.  Dave didn't need to blast his dislike of Zacchia.  Especially given how young their relationship is and how self conscious Amber appears to be.  

At the couple's dinner, did anyone else catch Bobby say that the biggest fight they have had is over finances???  I KNEW IT!!  He was totally NOT okay with her financial situation and glossed over it for the camera!!!

• Love 3

Agreed the biggest disconnect of Team Dobby has been over her debt....

The solution is for them to agree to be on the Married at First Sight: Happily Ever After show with Shawniece and Jephte to earn  $$$ to help cover their 2K in monthly overages and resolve Danielle's credit card debt.

Plus the audience wants/needs/demands more Henry.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
On 8/14/2018 at 10:04 PM, PityFree said:

But wait! Didn’t the experts learn their lesson during the New York season????  A painful commute can kill a relationship. 

Hopefully that girl whose name I forget would have dumped old Barf Bag Sean even if he lived in her building!

On 8/15/2018 at 12:28 PM, Yeah No said:

Amber, your insecurity is not attractive.  Maybe you should try to "fake it till you make it" instead of wearing it on your sleeve. All that may disappear in time.  She's obsessing about every little thing she can latch on to explain Dave's obvious reticence with her.  She doesn't have to be fast friends with his friends just "acquaintance friends".  She said she didn't need more friends out of insecurity.  Although I think the insecurity may be based in knowing deep down that Dave is just not that into her.  Yes, that's what it looks like.  She's only going to sabotage any chance of his feelings growing by acting so insecure about it.  Give it a freaking chance.  I cringed when she opened up to his friends right away about her insecurity about the blonde/brunette thing, but to their credit they handled it very well.  They seem like nice people.  I don't blame Dave for his reaction to Zacchia.  He pictures his balls in a jar by the door with her.  I'm beginning to wonder if the fact that they don't get their parents together is more because the parents don't relish being on TV.

Well Amber's mom was the tacky idiot at their past wedding brunch who asked in front of everyone if they had "sealed the deal" so I guess she's not too uncomfortable on TV :). I go back and forth on these two; after a couple of weeks on Team Amber, for this week I was all Team Dave.  I try to imagine Mr P all worked up because he doesn't look enough like Rob Lowe :D

12 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I wouldn't have any problem with it at all, assuming the dog was given to a parent, sibling, or very close friend that the dog already knew. Then Bobby could visit his dog often, and keep a continuity of love and affection going on for the animal.

After all, the scenario Pastor Cal mentioned *does* exist. Some people have strong allergies to certain kinds of pets... and it really would be a forced choice then.

But would experts fix up the severely allergic with a dog lover/owner?  Hahahahaha - I jest - of course these "experts" would!

• Love 6
On 8/15/2018 at 8:46 PM, humbleopinion said:

Who doesn't have WHOLE conversations as our pets?...

My pets are hilarious and say the snarkiest things....Naughty dogs! Be nice!

I don't have pets, but I'm sitting at home having Henry and Nelly's conversations. (They were really offended that they weren't invited onto the bed in that final scene.)

On 8/14/2018 at 8:11 PM, SuzyLee said:

So, Amber asks Dave who his celebrity crush is and he describes a woman who is the polar opposite of Amber.  Amber gets her feelings hurt despite Dave assuring her that he’s attracted to her.  This issue festers until outside intervention (i.e. a visit from an expert) is needed.

My husband has a celebrity crush on Catherine Zeta Jones, so, naturally, I assume I look just like her.

Which celebrity might have Dave mentioned in order to appease Amber? I was thinking Jessica Simpson.

• Love 6