Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: I Want an Equal Partner

• Start Topic

I’m glad Dave has a strong core group of friends, but he certainly does seem to have a high opinion of them (and himself, if I’m completely honest).  The framed pictures lining the walls of the entryway are certainly . . . interesting.  I think there’s a lot we don’t know about his childhood and adult relationship with his family.  Still, Amber is a total bitch for telling him that she “doesn’t need new friends.”  She can’t sit there for an hour and make pleasant conversation with people without being rude or dismissive?  This relationship will not last.  Not a chance in hell.

Dave is definitely throwing himself into this, but I have a sneaking suspicion that he would do best and be happiest as a bachelor.  We’re not all suited for marriage- and that’s okay!

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 12

Dave and Amber: why is your toilet lid up????. That is bad luck!!!! And it is gross and you risk dropping things into it accidentally. No wonder your marriage is cursed! Booooooooo! 

• Love 3

All family isn't good or healthy, so I can't really make a big deal about Dave not being all that close to his. (Case and point: Meghan Markle aka Meghan, Duchess of Sussex. Her family--with the exception of her mum--is unbelievably toxic, and I see why she cut them off. Unfortunately, she married into The Firm, so her once private family drama is playing out on the international stage.) I think it's fine that Dave has a core group of close friends--male and female--who he gets on well with and is close to. I was surprised by Amber's comment that she doesn't need new friends. You can be cordial and kind towards someone and not have shopping dates or go on girls' trips. No one's saying they have to bond through blood oaths  or that she has to invite them in the delivery room when her first child is born. 

• Love 20

Ambers insecurity is bordering on paranoia. She’s still stressing about the gym, doesn’t want new friends because she’s worried about what they will think about her, the appearance/attraction thing. Just take your extensions out, we all know you are a brunette for real. 

• Love 17

I could not do a 90 minute commute.  She’s in software sales so she might be on the road visiting prospective clients a lot anyway. I wonder how much is to actually be in her office. 

But wait! Didn’t the experts learn their lesson during the New York season????  A painful commute can kill a relationship. 

• Love 8

Bobby is attentive and seems to care about Danielle for now. Tristan cared enough to stay with Mia in spite of her drama filled BS, which was all well and good until the love v. in love proclamation surprised the little felon. Dave seems to spend a lot of time scratching his head with a WTF look on his face, seemingly wondering what he's doing there. This makes Henry the best male in the group.  

• Love 11

The one who should be worried about friends and what they have to say is Mia and not Amber. Your husband's friend seeing you on a dating site doesn't bode well for week two of marriage. Hopefully, she wasn't active on there. Then again, Mia will probably spin it and say it's the person who stole her car, identity, etc. I shall call her Spin Master from this point forward. She'd do well in P.R. because girl can spin a lie story like nobody else.

I think Amber would look better as a brunette anyway, I can't stand the fried blonde locks. That's why Angela on 90DF: Before the 90 Days makes me rage.

• Love 15
Just now, Gem 10 said:

Good.  Mia is on a dating app.  What lies are coming, Tristen?  I love you, my ass.

I feel the same way about Mia -- but if I'm being totally honest, I've got to say she could have been on a dating app from before, and not be checking it anymore. 

• Love 4

Mia on a dating app. If she was indeed on it during the two weeks they’ve been married, I’m going to call it now that she will make up some lie that once again Tristan will buy. I’m starting to think Tristan is dumber than a box of rocks. 

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Mia on a dating app. If she was indeed on it during the two weeks they’ve been married, I’m going to call it now that she will make up some lie that once again Tristan will buy. I’m starting to think Tristan is dumber than a box of rocks. 

I think his  stupidity is Mia’s doing. She’s keeping his blood diverted from his brain.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, OnTime said:

All these couples are starting to bore me.

Me too, but there’s nothing else on.  I blame the so called “experts”.  They’re the ones that interview.  Out of all the contestants, these are the best they can do?  None of these experts are impressive.  They just repeat the same crap over and over again.  

• Love 3

Why would any of these idiots change their names after 2 weeks of knowing each other and before they made a decision if they are staying together after the show is over ?

and I never understood the whole I'm attracted to blondes or I'm attracted to brunettes thing . People dye their hair both colors in their lives and can very easily dye it again . On the kardashisns , Kim dyes her hair from brunette to bleach blonde like 5 times an episode . I get being attracted or unattracted to a certain body type or face , but not a hair color . 

46 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Her lie is gonna be that she has the profile because she forgot to delete it and hasnt used it in a long time and Tristan will just be like , ok ! Sounds good ! I love you . 

• Love 14

This is literally the worst, most boring and most useless season of people ever on this show! I don’t even know if I’ll keep watching. (Ok I probably will but while also doing other things and looking at my phone, so you know not really watching!) 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Kareem said:

Dave seems to spend a lot of time scratching his head with a WTF look on his face, seemingly wondering what he's doing there. This makes Henry the best male in the group.  

...And that's part of what I think is really bothering Amber about whether Dave is attracted to her. Also the fact that she's older than he is (and doesn't wear her age particularly well). 

The whole blonde/brunette thing is really stupid. If she wants to be brunette, all she has to do is throw away the peroxide!

9 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

...I never understood the whole I'm attracted to blondes or I'm attracted to brunettes thing . People dye their hair both colors in their lives and can very easily dye it again . On the kardashisns , Kim dyes her hair from brunette to bleach blonde like 5 times an episode . I get being attracted or unattracted to a certain body type or face , but not a hair color . 

Exactly!

...It was kind of creepy, though, to watch Amber 'confess' her insecurity about Jessical Biel to the wives of Dave's "bros,"while looking right at the tall brunette one  with straight, healthy hair. Makes me think Amber's angst may not be completely without cause. Dave's buddy's tall, brunette wife is clearly Dave's "type," the type Dave had told the 'experts' he'd prefer as a wife (according to Dr. Pepper).

But instead, Dave got an insecure bleached blonde who likes being a bleached 'blonde,' and apparently thinks Dave should applaud her for that choice. That's not gonna happen.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, valdawn said:

This is literally the worst, most boring and most useless season of people ever on this show! I don’t even know if I’ll keep watching. (Ok I probably will but while also doing other things and looking at my phone, so you know not really watching!) 

The show probably couldn’t get anybody else on, so this is what we got.  Lol.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I don’t get what is so wrong with Dave having close friends.  For some people their friends are closer than family.  Nothing wrong with that.

The fact that he does have his group of close friends is a check in the "pros" column for me! They seem like wonderful, supportive people, unlike Amber's BFF. I don't understand the judgement over this either. My husband and I have pictures all over our house. Yeah, we have family pics up, but pics with our close friends outnumber them. If we were estranged from our families in the way Dave seems to be from his, it would be friend pictures everywhere. 

I'm honestly changing my view of Dave overall. I'd think anyone matched with the hot mess that is Amber would struggle. That shit has to be exhausting. He may have been totally different with someone who possesses self-confidence and maturity. The "experts" should have suggested private therapy for her and removed her from the applicants. She's going to sabotage every relationship she has until she learns to accept and love herself. 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

...And that's part what I think is really bothering Amber about whether Dave is really attracted to her. That, and the fact that she's older than she is.  ...

He's 37, she's 36, I believe. I found her explanation of her reaction to the Biel reference surprising.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I'm glad the wives of Dave's friends called out Amber's "I'm blonde" and made her admit she's a natural brunette. Why doesn't she just go natural for him?!

Because she should only go natural for herself not a guy. While I think the hair color she chose is not a good fit for her,  it is up to her to decide that. No one should change their appearance to please someone else.

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, Kareem said:

He's 37, she's 36, I believe. [Dave and Amber]

Really? I thought she was a little bit older. She looks older than he does, and she certainly seems to think she needs a ton of anti-aging 'beauty' supplies or something disastrous will happen!

5 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Because she should only go natural for herself not a guy. While I think the hair color she chose is not a good fit for her,  it is up to her to decide that. No one should change their appearance to please someone else.

Good point. Except, she's been making a big deal about Jessica Biel and how she (Amber) isn't even a brunette. That's something she could change, if she wanted to.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 4

Unfiltered...

Pastor Cal, Amber, Bobby

JamieO, camera hog is back... she's so annoying.......her rambling and chewing up camera time is irritating......

Bobby is Mr. Perfect Husband.

He is quiet and funny, not showy.

He would get rid of Nellie if he had to for Danielle.

Don't think Danielle would get rid of Henry for Bobby....but she would feel very bad choosing Henry.

Amber is less nervous when Dave isn't around.

She really does have a good humor about herself...gf spends serious $$$ on her lotions and potions...serums..antiwrinkle creams...

Pastor Cal was chill...probably said less than 50 words.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

I agree, don't ever change your appearance for anyone.  Don't change your hair, clothes, etc.

Her insecurities are gonna cost her in the long run.  Dating someone with insecurities becomes annoying over time.  Because you're constantly reassuring them that everything is ok, but sometimes there's no way to fix it.  It's an internal problem.

Oh Amber.  You're sabotaging your marriage.

• Love 6

Amber if you're that worried, pull a Molly with that terrible Raggedy Anne/Andy wig. Just buy it in brunette. 

On a serious note, an insecure person is very taxing because they constantly need reassurance and validation. It's going to wear thin. You're two weeks in and already doubting yourself. To me, that's more of a self-esteem thing, and that's something that has to be fixed from within. Reality is, people like people who are confident, comfortable, and secure. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

I’m glad Dave has a strong core group of friends, but he certainly does seem to have a high opinion of them (and himself, if I’m completely honest).  The framed pictures lining the walls of the entryway are certainly . . . interesting.  I think there’s a lot we don’t know about his childhood and adult relationship with his family.  Still, Amber is a total bitch for telling him that she “doesn’t need new friends.”  She can’t sit there for an hour and make pleasant conversation with people without being rude or dismissive?  This relationship will not last.

Dave is definitely throwing himself into this, but I have a sneaking suspicion that he would do best and be happiest as a bachelor.  We’re not all suited for marriage- and that’s okay!

Dave saw his "bros" getting married off, and wanted to do the same thing. But you're right, he may be one of those people who is better off single. He certainly seems annoyed about Paisley. And when they discussed religion, he sounded rather hopeful when he asked Amber if the difference in religious beliefs would be a 'deal breaker' for her!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

Amber if you're that worried, pull a Molly with that terrible Raggedy Anne/Andy wig. Just buy it in brunette. 

On a serious note, an insecure person is very taxing because they constantly need reassurance and validation. It's going to wear thin. You're two weeks in and already doubting yourself. To me, that's more of a self-esteem thing, and that's something that has to be fixed from within. Reality is, people like people who are confident, comfortable, and secure. 

Lol I remember that wig!

The big difference is, Molly used that wig to tease her hubby sexually (and then shut him down). Amber isn't frigid, and she's attracted to Dave. But Amber seems to want Dave to say she is exactly "his type" -- even though it would be a lie. 

Of course, she can be a bleached blonde if she wants to. Just like Danielle's eyebrows, it's up to her. What isn't up to her is determining what Dave should find attractive. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Her lie is gonna be that she has the profile because she forgot to delete it and hasnt used it in a long time and Tristan will just be like , ok ! Sounds good ! I love you . 

So true, Tristan is going to fall for it. Those apps give you notifications all the time when you get likes / messages, and even notifications to tell you to come back after some time off...  So if she forgot to delete it that's a lie.

Edited by Marsh
  • Love 4

Mia is shady. Her full face makeup is Molly 2.0

Don't like Mia's personality at all.

She's not fun, funny, or has any sense of humor.

Mia is unlikable...why are people so willing to forgive for lying?

Heightened state of paranoia is the reason you lied..calling bull shit.

She is so guarded that Tristan will tell them she's a stalker and a credit card frauder she can't relax and enjoy the couples' dinner.

She  got angry when Tristan opened up to Dave and told him the truth...that he doesn't love Mia and doesn't trust her...

She doesn't like that Tristan is speaking out of turn...Tristan was sending Dave a ...help me.....signal....

Big mistake on Mia's part:

Mia's I love yous ring hollow to Tristan because she says them as purely a tool of manipulation.

Mia played the sex card too soon because it isn't buying Tristan's devotion and silence...

Sex isn't curing his lack of trust in his lying liar wife...

Mia miscalculated that sex would buy his complicity and he would buy into her version of the truth...but nope....

Goober...hopefully you sleuthed Mia into more lies....enough to open Tristan's eyes to realize that he will never trust Mia enough to stay married to her

Tristan has his exit...opening a business in Houston.

Mia not wanting to leave Dallas will be hers....

Will they both bail on Decision Day?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Why would any of these idiots change their names after 2 weeks of knowing each other and before they made a decision if they are staying together after the show is over ?

and I never understood the whole I'm attracted to blondes or I'm attracted to brunettes thing . People dye their hair both colors in their lives and can very easily dye it again . On the kardashisns , Kim dyes her hair from brunette to bleach blonde like 5 times an episode . I get being attracted or unattracted to a certain body type or face , but not a hair color . 

There was a girl on 90 Day Fiance: Before the 90 Days who managed to convince her (dumb) online boyfriend that her phone had accidentally checked into a dating app, making it appear like she was online.

2 hours ago, valdawn said:

The commercial breaks are so frequent and so lengthy that I have washed dishes during them.

• Love 4

Lunch with the Dodds...looked like a ABC sitcom family...

Central casting selected them all for uniformity...even Amanda, Danielle's friend blended in...

Bobby is so very happy.

Danielle is happy.

The Blands.....no drama

not so fast....

Too bad Bobby Sr.'s now private SM was hate filled...think tiki torches.

He creepily referred to Danielle's hotness....that's not what a FIL comments on...your son's hot wife....ick

• Love 4

Amber's honesty was raw when she was telling the 2 wives of her insecurities...

They both were slightly taken aback that grown woman was so fragile and insecure  about her looks but rallied with the Halle Berry anecdote.

They sincerely are cheer leading for her...Amber is truly her own worst enemy.....

All the men who hurt Amber should be ashamed that they left her so scarred....

Believable that this is the hardest Dave has tried with a relationship...he is the type with a long string of gfs, none measured up....

• Love 10
4 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

I’m glad Dave has a strong core group of friends, but he certainly does seem to have a high opinion of them (and himself, if I’m completely honest). 

Still, Amber is a total bitch for telling him that she “doesn’t need new friends.”  She can’t sit there for an hour and make pleasant conversation with people without being rude or dismissive?  This relationship will not last.  Not a chance in hell.

Actually, Amber did go to a barbeque with Dave's friends and their wives, and she had a heartfelt talk with the wives. She actually seemed to have enjoyed the experience -- she was just nervous beforehand about "being judged". There's something very important to Amber about the "being judged" thing. She's not just bitching; she's obviously been hurt, probably more than once, by what people have said behind her back. (And no doubt, some of Dave's "bros" are from that gym...)

• Love 3

Amber has learned a valuable lesson:

Never ask a question if you are not prepared for ALL possible answers. 

But Dave could have, if not fibbed,  been more diplomatic. "Well,  Baby, it used to be Mrs. Timberlake,  until I saw YOU coming down the aisle. C'mere!" 

I've finally come up with whom Mia reminds me of,  in visage: the actress Mindy Cohn.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Marsh said:

Oh Amber.  You're sabotaging your marriage.

Yup. Amber needs to work on her self esteem issues.  She's probably been insecure in all of her relationships not just this one. Which is why she is 36 and looking for love on this stupid show. 

"Do sex". Tristan, you little boy, you. What a turn off. Dave got a kick out of that and was mocking him under his breath. These couple get togethers are too forced and fake. 

Bobby and Danielle as cute as they are better amp up the drama soon. They are boooorrrring....when there are more comments about the pets than the couple you know this show is in trouble. 

Mia has a way with the bullshit, doesn't she? She got mama Tristan to buy in to her lies, too. 

• Love 7

One thing that I hadn't considered that Tristan said this week was that he's had no one to talk to about this, besides his mom, I guess. Out of all of them, he's had the biggest dilemma to deal with.  I can see why he wanted to run the Readers Digest version by the other male newly marrieds. I agree with Humble's version of what Mia is trying to do, and that if you lift his shirt, the words "help me" may be spelled out in his skin like Regan.   Incredible that she has even more to explain next week.  

Edited by Kareem
Spelling - Regan.
  • Love 5