Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

Okay...maybe Rachel and Jon should get married before having the "dad" conversation.  Also..what if the biological dad decided he wanted to be in her life one day?

That doesn't fit into Rachel's package deal or her plans for an insta-family with the man she loves. But it could be a reality. Lucy is only 8 months old.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

I actually get Jon's POV. I don't think you should teach a child to call someone dad. *side eyeing Nicole* It's one thing if a child feels naturally inclined to call someone that. It's another to teach them that. I don't know. Rachel, it's the first couple of days. Chill!

Oh Ricky. Just enjoy your trip and forget about Melissa.

As I said below I agree they should wait on that BUT we do teach kids what to call their elders (how to address grandparents, uncles, aunts etc) that’s a natural part of learning language and inter generational relationships. I wasn’t just allowed to call certain elders by their first name. If Jon is going to be her step father then he needs a name (unless he wants to be called Jon), i.e. Papa Jon (I know a family where all the kids/grandkids call the step dad/grandad Papa S out of respect. )

4 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

Okay...maybe Rachel and Jon should get married before having the "dad" conversation.  Also..what if the biological dad decided he wanted to be in her life one day?

I agree that they should wait and see if they are actually going to be together long term before discussing that. Cart before the horse!

Edited by Scarlett45
1 minute ago, LilaFowler said:

"Melissa" never even invited your sorry ass to her country, you just decided to show up. What if it was not a good time? This guy is an entitled jerk.

Look I don’t think Melissa is a prostitute/stripper/bar girl.  Not every foreign woman is that.  Melissa is just another young girl who did what young girls do in the US, take sexy pics on the Internet.  Melissa never invited Ricky anywhere, Ricky invited himself, now he’s all hurt about it.  He’s a jerk.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

Wearing camo is not something you do outside of the US.

I didn't realize this was a thing. I went to Trinidad this year for carnival and there were No Camouflage signs posted in the airport. 

Aside from that Ricky looks like a dumpy mess. These people make strange outfit choices to meet the love of their life.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

The snails looked good, I would try them.

Here is my take on the food issue overall. Don't ask what it is - just eat it. Eat it. If it tastes not so great pretend that your Grandma made it for you, swallow it, smile and say thank you. But unless you have a food allergy just STFU. 

I was surprised that hopeless romantic Angela didn't eat the snails just for the Pretty Woman reference alone. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Can someone explain to me how you can get naked and do all the sex things and feel less self conscious than going shopping for a dress in Nigeria?

I don’t feel this way, BUT I think Angela was not shy about Michael seeing her or anything like that, but concerned that none of the clothes in the shop fitting her, them ripping (no stretch), having to be measured, the sales people making comments etc. 

• Love 4

Oddly this church service isn't that unusual to me. Reminds me of Sunday's at church with my grandmum. Especially the multi hour services. They were calm compared to some of the services I've attended where people were running and speaking in tongues. It looked like a camp meeting or revival to me.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 3

Damn Melissa is in University? Doesn't that mean she could be as young as 17? Is he not concerned about her age? Did she really try to kiss him? I call shenanigans. The camo gear fanny pack combo is irresistible. Dude watched too many movies about South America.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 1
Just now, Bubbacat said:

Six hours?!? I will NEVER complain about an hour-long Lutheran service again.

Seriously. I've attended some of the driest Presbyterian services imaginable and I shall never think a negative word about them again.

• Love 3