Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Didn't Darcy live in some big house with her kids alone in previous season?? How did she now go to a condo that she shares with her sister??

I was wondering that same thing. Maybe business at the boutique isn't going so well? 

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Jesse needs to be in a B&D relationship. 

I think that they are trying to create some sort of a BDSM storyline. It isn't working because she is bratty subbing to the extreme and... he really doesn't seem very interested in her sexually or otherwise. 

Angela, I just stopped smoking in 1989.  But some people are more addicted than others.  But I’d never date some who smokes...ugh.

Angela, when in Rome.  Angela, YOU just said you were big, don’t slap the man for saying what you just said.

• Love 2

In my short life smokers generally do well dating other smokers in the most ideal relationship. BUT......

Michael’s “let me be the man” didn’t surprise me?. 

Those beautiful fabrics are giving me life! I understand how Angela could be self conscious about her weight, but Michael wasn’t trying to belittle her or anything, it was just a statement. “Fat” itself is not an ugly word, it’s 9 calories per gram, like being short or tall, but when people use it to put people down or insult their worth that’s the problem (which Michael wasn’t doing). Angela shouldn’t have hit his face like that- even if they had established said contact was “flirty” culturally that makes him look bad. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think that’s it. 

I dated a skinny guy and one time we were at an outside event and he offered me his jacket and even though I was cold I refused it because I was afraid it would be too small on me. So I have to admit BTDT.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 5

I can't understand her hesitancy to buy a Nigerian outfit. I wonder if Angela is concerned the Nigerian clothes would make her look fatter because they are more flowy? 

I actually kind of felt bad for her when he called her fat but I don't think he was trying to make her feel bad.

Rachel & John- She's getting a lot of red flags from the sister. The sister of the last guy I dated threw up a couple of red flags for me and I should've paid better attention. He was a total asshole and his sister was right.

Edited by usernameG
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think that’s it. 

Yeah I actually don't think Angela was being culturally insensitive.  I think she was insecure about her body.  I've also known some women (of all body types) who refuse to wear any kind of dresses at all.

• Love 5

I harass my Nigerian and Ghanaian friends to bring back fabric for me. Michael, you can take me to the African market anytime. No green card though.

”If me and Tarik get married, all of us will be happy.” Mmm yeah. She’s bringing all her family back to Virginia Beach.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, lucy711 said:

Yeah I actually don't think Angela was being culturally insensitive.  I think she was insecure about her body.  I've also known some women (of all body types) who refuse to wear any kind of dresses at all.

I also know as a plus sized US lady buying clothes abroad can be difficult, but there are larger Nigerian women AND many of those fabrics can be made into a dress custom for her. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm sure someone is available to turn the fabric into a custom dress for Angela. I think she doesn't want to be that covered up.

I think you are right BradandJanet.  She's more into the open show your bits off type gal.

• Love 3
Just now, charmed1 said:

I harass my Nigerian and Ghanaian friends to bring back fabric for me. Michael, you can take me to the African market anytime. No green card though.

A friend who lived in Ghana for a time brought me back a gorgeous shirt and I love it truly. I would love a beautiful colorful Nigerian dress! 

• Love 2