Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

Jon’s stress level is rising after one bottle?  No matter what happens this season, I am #TeamLucy all the way.  I wish I could swoop in and rescue her from this band of idiots.  I can’t imagine removing my tiny baby from her environment and people unless I absolutely had to.  Wow. 

• Love 22

I really appreciate Jon saying he needs a break. Good for him. So often in the shows the people just walk out he admitted he was overwhelmed. Oh no my phones at 15% power got a plug-in.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

YES, this. She was happy to string him along and run over to Western Union for his $$$. She was gobsmacked when he turned up in Colombia. That said, how willfully blind is our Ricky? He thinks he charmed her? She was like the girl cat in a Pepe LePew cartoon!

Screaming with laughter at that visual!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

I want to kick Ricky’s ass into the middle of next week.  He left his daughter, who has special needs, to travel thousands of miles to basically have a date with this woman (who looks like a pro, sorry) and she leaves in a cab??!  He is imagining a relationship here where there is none.  

No, Tarik is the one who has a daughter with special needs.

• Love 1

Oh Tarik I am glad you met the love of your life two weeks ago, idiot. She will make a great step mom based on what asshole? I bet he pictures her running around With a feather duster wearing lingerie. Pray tell what will happen to her 6 year old son? She was only 16 when she became an unwed mother, a big Nono in Her culture, it is unlikely a local man with any social standing will marry her. She needs Tarik.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Homework from school. Man. He better check her id.

At least he knows some Spanish. Not like some of the other dopes in the show (yeah looking at you Pole.)

Not to defend putzy Pole, but Karine speaks Portuguese, not Spanish. It is not a language offered for study in US schools. I guess he could have tried Rosetta Stone. Also, Ricky is Hispanic. His Spanish may be rusty but it is not totally foreign to him.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

I think he sees Trump as a successful businessman.  I don't know how much US news gets to Nigeria but Trump has always been a great self-promoter crowing about how rich he is, and with his gilded apartment in Trump Tower and so on...he is the idea of a rich man that someone from a poor country might have.  I suspect Michael is not up on all the rest of the stuff about him.  

Michael is saying whatever he thinks will get him to this country fast enough. “Ooh beautiful baby, I love you” and “Donald Trump is my hero” is what he thinks Angela wants to hear. And to his credit, it’s working. Unfortunately for him, that comes with allowing this woman who’s old enough to be his mother, to grope and humiliate him on television. It’s sad. That round face and those cherubic cheeks. He looks like a baby.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, ECM1231 said:

Not to defend putzy Pole, but Karine speaks Portuguese, not Spanish. It is not a language offered for study in US schools. I guess he could have tried Rosetta Stone. Also, Ricky is Hispanic. His Spanish may be rusty but it is not totally foreign to him.

I was going to say that Pole could have devoted some time in the the months they were apart to learn at least a little Portuguese. But on second thought, he's really NOT the brightest bulb in the lamp. So . . . yeah. An app and a translator are probably his best options.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

ECM - I meant that Ricky knows some Spanish and is trying. Pole even on this trip barely only knows 2 words of Portuguese. He could have learned something if he wanted to.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, charmed1 said:

Michael is saying whatever he thinks will get him to this country fast enough. “Ooh beautiful baby, I love you” and “Donald Trump is my hero” is what he thinks Angela wants to hear. And to his credit, it’s working. Unfortunately for him, that comes with allowing this woman who’s old enough to be his mother, to grope and humiliate him on television. It’s sad. That round face and those cherubic cheeks. He looks like a baby.

Yes, He does. Maybe that’s why it’s disturbing

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Paul is the least interesting storyline, I want to see Angela jumping on Michael. LOL

It’s really uncomfortable for me to watch it; it’s like she’s assaulting him. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Bubbacat said:

Isn't Tarik the one with the daughter with autism? I could be wrong. I do have trouble keeping the sad sacks straight.

Me 2. I was thinking the same thing. Which idiot is which.  

He cannot possibly be thinking of leaving this dead-eyed fembot alone with his vulnerable daughter... recipe for disaster.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, SuzyLee said:

My daughter wouldn’t get within a country mile of Pole, especially after that grim little review of his past discretions.  I don’t think I would have heard anything after the word ‘arson.’

I don't believe your daughter and Karine are in the same situation. " Desperate times call for desperate measures."  Poor Karine!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, lucy711 said:

Karine looks rough.  I was willing to give her a pass if she was pregnant, but she is not.  I wonder what is going on.  She needs a shower.

I think she's done trying to impress him.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, PityFree said:

It’s really uncomfortable for me to watch it; it’s like she’s assaulting him.

It is uncomfortable but I don't feel that bad for him because he signed up for it. But it will be interesting to see how he untangles himself when she drapes herself all over him.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I don't believe your daughter and Karine are in the same situation. " Desperate times call for desperate measures."  Poor Karine!

Maybe not, but there are other fish in the sea on the Internet, maybe ones that aren’t as . . . troubled as Pole is. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

It is uncomfortable but I don't feel that bad for him because he signed up for it. But it will be interesting to see how he untangles himself when she drapes herself all over him.

Good point!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

My good friend met a Brazilian woman through his good friend /coworker (also Brazilian). He moved mountains to learn Portuguese and she took English lessons almost from day one. 

They dated long distance for two years and then started the visa process, at which point they were both fluent in the other language. 

So yeah...either of these two idiots could have bothered. 

• Love 3