Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

I spent some time in the Philippines.  It’s difficult to understand the type of poverty people live under. As I’ve mentioned before, there is no safety net for anyone. No social services like food stamps , workmen’s comp, unemployment insurance, nothing. This time of year is rainy season, you can drive through towns that are flooded and see mattresses on rooftops. We come from such a place of privilege that even those in poverty here have so much more than others.  

I visit almost every year but I'll never forget when I took my daughter for the first time when she was a teenager. It was right after a devestating typhoon and the people who squatted by the river had to move. You know those tiny concrete island dividers on the street? They were living there, building little shacks out of cardboard and whatever they could fashion a home with. From that point on, my daughter never complained about material things again. 

Rose will put up with Ed to escape this type of poverty. But I know that she's going to keep him in his place because she knows how to scare him. He might say things to intimidate her or confuse her, but I think she's very focused and will not tolerate much more bullshit. She definitely has the upper hand.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, blubld43 said:

I can't imagine that some dumbass tourist will be allowed to just drive into a war zone.

I wouldn't put it past TLC to try.   I read on another forum that up to a week or so ago they were still filming M600PL in various locations.  Wonder if they were still filming some variation of this.  I wonder if we will have "cast" members with COVID soon?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I can't imagine that some dumbass tourist will be allowed to just drive into a war zone.

He won't drive, he's going to rent a unicorn and ride it there.

• LOL 13
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

Hey everybody, I am late to the party. Been binge watching so much - The Tiger King on Netflix, Little Fires Everywhere on Hulu, Ozark on Netflix, etc.....

Team Joe Exotic here, Carole framed him

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

You know, since no one's allowed to go anywhere right now, I'd like this show so much better if there were a little interlude showing the couples just having fun and getting tattoos, like that one part in that "Naked Gun" movie with Leslie Nielson and Priscilla Presley.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not familiar with Nigeria. Is that hotel room really the norm? If so, she needs to suck it up.

It depends on the area of the country, I would think.   I think Angela was in a bigger city, but I could be wrong. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Why does't Varya tell him to take a walk? 

I hope she tells him when he tells her about his prison record. I can't wait!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6